Speaker 1: People do some weird shit.
Speaker 2: Television legend Carrie Ane Kenney fell several meters from a trapeze while performing in the musical Pivot.
Speaker 3: Some things that make more sense than others bring pikes, nurseries, nursery pikes, p y k E s pray, Why I kay as in kill? Hey?
Speaker 1: Why okay?
Speaker 4: Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults?
Speaker 3: Food?
Speaker 5: Why is your life so expensive? I'm not even having a good child?
Speaker 1: This is Is it just by a couple of mitches?
Speaker 6: What about me?
Speaker 7: Don't forget?
Speaker 3: No, he is MITUREI and.
Speaker 1: Yes, Hello Episode seventy seven, Hello Mitchell.
Speaker 5: Hi guys, Happy Lockdown Sydney. Yeah we're still here.
Speaker 1: Yep. Wow, look at this guy that we thought we could not do the podcast for you. We had to keep pushing through.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're doing the show from home at the moment because we thought, well, the definition of essential has shifted a little bit. The situation doesn't seem to be getting any better in Sydney, so we just thought we'd play it safe for doing the show from home. But hey, we're still here.
Speaker 1: It's rough, and I'm here with Hayden too, so it's like all I ever do is see him. It's like I actually want my heart to grow longer. What's that expression, distance makes the heart grow longer or fonder?
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, distance makes the heart grow fonder.
Speaker 1: That's I might just go grocery shopping and then maybe don't reply to my text, So I think you've been kidnapped, which is so I can actually miss you for a bit because I'm seeing him constantly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, babe, love you, but get out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally fuck off. And they come home from work at like one am and he's up. He's like, oh, well, I'm just I can wake up at eight o'clock and now I can go straight to my first meeting. I'm like, go to sleep.
Speaker 5: Well, I've got the singles bubble option now in Sydney, because I realized that if everyone's in lockdown, because the rule was you can only have intimate partner's visit. But then they were like, oh, there's a lot of single people, so I have to make the tricky decision who's my one designated friend. I was at a point where I was so lonely I was going to start fingering all the menuloge drivers just so they sit around and like hang out with me longer. Hello, Jimmy Brings, Can I finger you so that you're intimate we can chat?
Speaker 1: Yuck.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Jimmy Brings, you know how he had Sophie Monk on the show a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, of course because viral.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because she mentioned Jimmy Brings on the show. They gave us vouchers and so thanks, so free pissed just for mentioning Jimmy Brings.
Speaker 1: In love, miss Monk, do you have yours?
Speaker 8: Be?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we decided yeah, yeah, we decided to use our vouchers for the show today. I've got four bottles of rosa.
Speaker 1: You ordered them. Hold on, show me hold your bag up to the camera.
Speaker 5: This is mine.
Speaker 1: The size of your bag.
Speaker 5: My bag is like so much bigger than yours. And I just got to get I just got like four cheap rosees. And the reason I wanted to use the vouchers today is because I've turned this pandemic into a drinking game that we're going to do on the show today.
Speaker 1: I'm excited.
Speaker 5: Okay, so yeah, you might have to pour yourself a glass there, Darlan, What.
Speaker 1: Do it's not drink? For every case we'd be bloody blind.
Speaker 5: No, definitely not that game. Okay, we shan't be cheersing to that.
Speaker 1: No, we shouldn't. What did you get? Can you show me just four bottles of road though? He look at mine? I got a bottle of Captain Morgan pineapple and mango rum.
Speaker 5: What say that again?
Speaker 1: I got Captain Morgan Tropical pineapple and mango spiced rum. Fair Alida, look at it. It's like bright pink.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, hold on, hold your horses, because this is for my idgen that we're using. The booth. Jimmy brings.
Speaker 1: Well, if it is your first time listening, welcome to what's going to be a very different Is it just me potentially drunk from home? Every week we bring you to igems something we've noticed, something we hate to appreciate. Mitch doesn't know mine. I don't know Mitches we go in cold or the technically, I kind of know what Midges is today. Even you a fair into you have and we're prepared. We have props. Guys. It's like we're at dream World and my ugym is Olympics related. It's all I'm gonna say. I'm just not convinced.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's it. Yeah, I forgot that there's something else happening in the globe at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lockdown, that's what I'm thinking. It feels like it's just being swept under the rug.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I forgot the bloody Olympics we're on.
Speaker 1: I hold that thought. Do you want to begin with your regim?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: There's glad, it's very jicly and need a frickin' phosaurus? Why the bloody New South Wales premiere every morning? You know how she does the eleven am press conference.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's become my daily ritual to wake up and get a coffee and watch it. Oh really, you actually watch it because I get up at like ten thirty, so I have my coffee, I'm still in my pajamas and I watch it every morning. It's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I find it a bit grim to watch it, so, but my housemate always has it on in the background. And I've just noticed every time she's talking about the pandemic, talking about the delta strain, there's one bloody word that she uses over and over again, and that word is quash quash. Do you know what quash means?
Speaker 1: Isn't that a fenny fart.
Speaker 5: No, that's a qui.
Speaker 1: Oh queef, sorry quick, And then it's on my head it's it's a quiff.
Speaker 5: That's a qui. Quash means to put an end to, and she's always saying, oh, quash the virus, quash this quash that there's so many synonyms that she could use for quash, like defeat, yeah, overcome, stop, curb, stifle, thwart, yeah, thwarted, clobber, yeap, stamp out, or even just end and yet kill defeat, Let's end it, get rid of it, get rid of the virus.
Speaker 1: Do you think though, that there's like a media trainer, marketing manager going gladys, you can't say stop. We've run focus groups and it's too aggressive, especially with the nose on you. It's just too much.
Speaker 5: Maybe I feel like quash it's like an automatic pr you know, a word that describes the sound or replicates the sound. Yeah, you know what I mean. But anyway, I've got some audio from one of her press conferences where she kept saying quash, and I've turned it into a drinking game. I want us to take a sip.
Speaker 1: Is this it?
Speaker 5: Yes? I want us to take a sip. Every time, she says, quash, so get you Jimmy brings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got it mine, just for the international listeners. Gladness, by the way, is our state premire and she addresses the state of New South Wales every morning to talk about covid.
Speaker 9: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yours looks good.
Speaker 5: I filled it to the brim, she says, quash a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, oh my god, this is tropical. I don't even know what that drink. I'm gonna have to mix it with something. Hold on, look at you.
Speaker 5: I love how you sort of think outside the box where I just go a safe bet rose every time.
Speaker 1: Why should I mix it with some seven art? Here we go?
Speaker 5: What actually is your go to drink? Because I know you don't drink a lot?
Speaker 1: But like I done, I very rarely drink. I like a cocktail and I like it sweet. But that's it.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm not a wine drinker, although my dad fucking runs a wine business. Who thought thunk?
Speaker 5: Which one did you work for? Again?
Speaker 1: He's the general manager of Yellowtail Wine.
Speaker 5: That's right, big, I do love a yellowtail.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Yellowtail proud sponsor No not. They don't give a shit.
Speaker 5: Can you ask your dad to sponsor our podcast I have.
Speaker 1: I've sent him our media kit and everything. So hi mate, currently targeting forty five to fifty year old tar talk soon not now. Thanks, love you. What's when you come to dinner?
Speaker 5: Cheers Mitchell, cheers. Okay, so this drinking game you ready? I'm going to play the audio? Yep, take a sip. Every single time Premier gladysburgically and uses the word quash. Okay, let's go brace yourself.
Speaker 10: Our vaccination rates are so low, and yet we've done really well in stemming that the growth of the virus.
Speaker 11: What we need to do now is quash it.
Speaker 10: Because with the vaccination rates the way we are they are, we won't be able to leave freely and safely unless we're able to quash this cub out break. And that's why I just ask everybody to continue to do what you're doing. Don't leave hoone unless you absolutely have to. So I just want to again thank everybody for your efforts. I know that some people are very upset and angry and frustrated. We all are, but the measures we're putting place have allowed us to go into a phase.
Speaker 1: Now we want to quash this thing.
Speaker 10: We know some businesses in particular. We need to focus on now bread quashing the virus so that we can meet really and safely moving forward. But I want to say yourself, it's a pretty I.
Speaker 1: Have to work to tougher than we've ever have to drive to work, to drive to work, now, work till twelve.
Speaker 10: And that's that's because that's because it's really important for us to quash this fair against unfortunately our vaccination rates.
Speaker 5: You can tap out.
Speaker 10: The federal government has told us that from mid September to the end of October we will get many more doses, and we're looking forward to that. But what is there both the challenge and the opportunity for us is to quash.
Speaker 1: As much this is this one straight run and during those this.
Speaker 5: Is only like a couple of minutes excerpt.
Speaker 10: What we do know is the decisions we had to take to quash this. Oh, the actions we did today would have been double triple quad.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going to leave it there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's cut that. Jesus.
Speaker 5: Look, I love me and Rose, but I stuffed up my own drinking game because I wasn't really taking SIPs. I was taking gulps, and then I was like, oh, after the first forty eight SIPs, I was like, oh, that's a lot, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I thought the same. I'm like, she'll probably say it three times, so I'll pace myself. How many was that? Is that? Five? Quash?
Speaker 5: I lost count? I'm a bit quashed myself.
Speaker 1: I have a radio show to do in a couple of hours. I'm interviewing Vanessa and my Rossy. I love her?
Speaker 5: Are you really yes? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Job? Your eyes are glazed over it. I can smell pineapple and coconut. That's the spice, captain.
Speaker 5: Was it any good?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's so good. It's honestly really good. It's like try It's like a peanut colata and a glass. I love it.
Speaker 5: Ready for my agent, Give me a bit. I need some water, fuck me, thank you, glad us. Get a fucking the Thoris Darlin.
Speaker 1: Thanks? Okay, all right, let's do mine?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Does the Olympics just do nothing for you?
Speaker 5: Not a thing?
Speaker 1: I get no feeling. It's as if they put a beautiful, bad chested woman in a room with us and they went do whatever you want, a numb from the waist down. I there isn't one sport at the Olympics that could get me to sit on my couch and watch it.
Speaker 5: There's also all these sports that I did not realize through Olympic sports. I swear the other day they were like rollerblading or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but at least so did you know that shooting was in the Olympics? Like it with a gun? What are they shooting clay discs?
Speaker 5: Oh? Okay, wow, I didn't know that, but that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Shooting is a sport modern pentathlon and pentathlon.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what pentathlon.
Speaker 1: Neither know why, but the olden pentathlon is like the original Greek Olympics one, and they've also like, oh well it is twenty twenty one, so let's modernize it. I don't know how. Maybe I'll get to Apple watches.
Speaker 5: But do the pentathlons ask for consent or something like? There's the me too going on?
Speaker 1: Probably skateboarding.
Speaker 5: Skateboarding. Yeah, that's the weird one. I noticed the other day and I was like, since when is that an Olympic sport?
Speaker 1: And you know what that? Actually? I do? Lie perked my interest and then I watched a clip and it was horrific. How do you doryboarding?
Speaker 5: Why what happened in the skateboarding?
Speaker 1: Oh, you do like an oli and then a kickflip and then they run down a ramp and then they do like a double were It's just I don't understand it, so I can't go that's good or that's bad.
Speaker 5: Then they go, oh, scooter Smithy wins gold. Of course he does, and then they head bang to Avril Levine.
Speaker 1: And Tony Hawk gets up and present him a copy of Tony Hawk Press Kate Archery Badminton.
Speaker 5: Oh, archery, God, that takes me back. One of my friends had a bow and arrow like an archery thing and we have to shoot it at hay Bales. Really, yeah, I loved archery. I could have been at the Olympics archery. I could have made Tokyo twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Now that's also the thing that gets me. I My family adore it, and they will put up an insta story screaming and shouting for Australia to get a gold medal. How are you that invested? You don't know this person, If it was a cousin, if you went to school with them, go for it. But I just don't understand the love for the Olympics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm the same when it comes to any sort of sport. It's like everyone's like, oh, go the Blues, and it's like I have no emotional attachment or investment to the Blues.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what? All goes far as to say, who are these people? Who are these who are these famous sportsmen? Have you ever in your life met a famous archer?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: Where do they go the three other years that the Olympics aren't on, If.
Speaker 5: It's not Kathy Freeman, haven't heard of them?
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Is it just me who doesn't love some free shit?
Speaker 1: All you have to do please leave a review, Yes, if you'd like to leave us a review five stars. It keeps the pod on the cloud, keeps us going, keeps us fed, and keeps us happy and healthy. And if that review is read out on the show, you've got a week to get in contact with price keeper Jenna dm her and we will send you out a limited edition commemorative Season three mat Ye.
Speaker 5: Jenna can't wait. She's just sitting idly by on our Instagram account, a couple of miches waiting for your message.
Speaker 1: Dylan exactly, Oh my god, what I'm king that's the surprise birthday guest.
Speaker 5: Ilar My birthday was last week.
Speaker 1: I completely forgot about that. I forgot I installed it. Burn that racket down, Mitchell. This is I know you know nothing about this. Go to your phone because I've just sent you a message. A birthday message now came in late. I wasn't able to do this on the show last week because I had to get in contact with my contact on the set of Laura and Order s for you. What you know, I know people on the set I started theater in New York. My friend Kelly is the standard for Marishka Haggerty, and I got her to connect.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I don't mean to sound disappointed.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no. She doesn't just know Marishka haggertyate hagitate MITCHELLI also knows tamar At Tuney from Laura and Order. Happy Birthday. Someone has a message for you.
Speaker 7: Happy birthday, Mitchell. It's tomorrow.
Speaker 13: Toney also known as doctor Melinda Warner on Loan or Warner, which I understand you are a huge fan of. Thank you so much for that and for being a fan of mine and my character.
Speaker 7: Yes, Warner is the smartest one in the room.
Speaker 1: Thank you very.
Speaker 13: Much she does bring, the knowledge, she does solve crimes, her scientific contribution the show enough for that these days miss her. But anyway, thank you for being such a big fan of the show. Wishing you the best, best birthday, so excited about your podcast. And here is a special birthday song just for you.
Speaker 7: You have a birthday, we have none. We sing to you. You have a birthday, We have none. We sing to you.
Speaker 13: Happy birthday, We sing to you, Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: We sing to.
Speaker 7: You, Happy birthday.
Speaker 13: Mitchell and your buddy Mitch was the one who reached out.
Speaker 7: And shared the exciting news. I hope you have a great day. Take care.
Speaker 1: Wow birthday.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. She really went above and beyond, didn't she. She Do you know who Milinda is on the show?
Speaker 1: Well, on S for You, I do, Yes, I've seen her face once. We'll put this on the socials, but she is. Her face is very well known.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's the one that on S for You. Every time there's some sort of death. She's the one that does the autopsy and she yes rules whether it was an accident or a homicide or whatever, and she just sang to me. That was the weirdest experience of my life, Thank you tomorrowtunity.
Speaker 1: There you go, well connected, Mitchell, and I use my little black book to make you the happiest birthday boy ever. A week later, I'm more confused. Also, she really got a hard plug in there for s for you, didn't she That was like thirty seconds of the video.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: She thinks really highly of her own character. She's solving the crime.
Speaker 1: She brings the science.
Speaker 5: The knowledge, the brains. Good for the beauty, the wit.
Speaker 1: The hair. She's often wearing socks. It's like, okay, that's a really read ass. Anyway, happy birthday. Still, we love you, know my birthday mentioned to christ Maybe that's the alcohol talking. Let's do reviews. This one comes in from a litl Aurora. She says, big love from Queensland. On Apple Podcasts, she says, Hi, Darlan's longtime fan. I lived Monday. I live in the Gold Coast but work just over the border in New South Wales. That's a big drive. I had the pleasure of replaying three old Epps, which kept me sane during my three hour journey back to Queensland today after work. My usual twenty minute commute home was extended due to the border checkpoint going back up. Of course, thanks for keeping me company in the car and giving me a laugh despite being in a foul mood. Love you to day.
Speaker 5: I'm no good at maths. But her usual twenty minute commute was extended to three hours because of the border checking crossing border, you know, protocol with the COVID lockdown and stuff. That's shit. Something's not adding up, But it means that we get more downloads, so that's okay.
Speaker 1: Thanks lil, Thanks Lily, We love you. This one, guys, comes in from Facebook. So if you go to the Couple of Mitch's Facebook page, you can leave us a review there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I mean preferably leave us a review on Apple podcasts because that actually helps us climb the charts. But we do have a lot of scabby listeners who have androids and say how can we leave a review and leave a mug? So Facebook page is, you know, the next best option, but ideally Apple podcasts please.
Speaker 1: Exactly right. We have eron Michelle Mueller on Facebook saying Love Couple of Mitches is our favorite podcast. I have no idea how I found it, but literally find myself saying so often I don't know what I would have done without this. Everything is so relatable and so funny. You don't have to be fit, you don't have to fit into any category to like this podcast. They did a whole bit on our engagement on an episode, right, Oh, I remember this, so this listener. What happened there was I.
Speaker 5: Was asking for first date ideas and she's the one that said that they were just having I think I might have been chips and gravy to look out or something like that. And they're still together now and they listen together to the podcast as a couple. Yes, And I was like, I can't imagine listening to a podcast with someone else. I've never done that.
Speaker 1: Or starting a podcast with a significant other. What a dumb idea that would be. I've just done it, all right, he says. She says. We bond over listening to episodes in the card together. Love the lives on Instagram and the Facebook group where we can all chat together and you can actually reply to the comments, not like insert any other public figure here. I've even made friends public figure. That's hilarious. I mean, I have a radio show, so that's right.
Speaker 5: But babe, I'm unemployed. I've got nothing better to do. Than chat to you gronks.
Speaker 1: I love it. We both wish you guys had your own TV show or something. We need more content. Fuck, that'd be a rough show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like we're doing the show from home today and if you could see me right now, I'm not fit for television.
Speaker 1: I've got a sweating, awful big love always, Mitch times two in Jenna Eron and Nick and Adelaide, South Australia. One of the best reviews yet. You're getting a mug gull.
Speaker 7: Love your Aaron and Nick.
Speaker 5: Now, thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Mitch comes in from staff, but it's not a review. Oh so does she get a mug get to need him on the phone? Oh nah, she just asked a question in jure an Idiots, a secret Facebook group.
Speaker 5: Okay, she says, is it just me?
Speaker 1: Or would would anyone else? Want to hear Krooms do a prank call doing his ite of buttos.
Speaker 5: Oh oh yes, thank you for that stuff.
Speaker 1: Did you see this come through?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize that my Ida Butcher's impression was that good because like the idea of prank calling someone as Eida Butchos made me very nervous because I'm like, oh, is my impression even that good do I even say much like her for anyone who hasn't no way who eid a butchos is she's like an assy media veteran, and she's very proper and very earld and she had a bit of a lisp.
Speaker 1: She's in her eighties, mind you, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Exactly, So this is what she sounds like if you've never heard her voice. I found a piece of audio from when she was still working on Studio ten.
Speaker 1: Or was his ask eer?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is a fight.
Speaker 1: Oh we love that.
Speaker 5: When people would write in with their questions for Iodo, how do I go about this scenario? A mother wrote in because she was taking her daughter to dance classes. I think she was doing ballet and one of the other moms said her feet are too flat for ballet, She's got to do tap instead. And this was Ida's advice. So this is the voice I'm trying to impersonate.
Speaker 7: Go Danniel.
Speaker 12: That was appalling, and it's appalling behavior from the other mother. You know, I think you need to be very direct. What I want you to do is with a smile and making sure that your little girl and her daughter and all the other little girls cannot hear you. My father once told me there was time and a place to.
Speaker 7: Use the F word, the.
Speaker 12: Poor later one, and I think you should just say to her smiling.
Speaker 5: Iconic moment from Ida Butcher, it's also very out of character for Eida because she's so prim and proper.
Speaker 1: It's a saint, the closest thing that we have to a saint in Australia.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like she's one of those people that really loves man as an etiquette. And fortunately I do have a lisp though that kind of lends itself to my ite Butchroth impression, and so Staph, thank you for your suggestion. I'm ita right now. My I used to work on Studio ten and my dear colleague Sarah Harris turned forty recently. She did thank you for your suggestion, Steph. I decided to take you up on that challenge and call Sarah Harris as aita to wish her happy birthday.
Speaker 8: Hello Sarah speaking, Oh how.
Speaker 1: Do you do?
Speaker 5: Sarah? THI to butcherth calling.
Speaker 8: Oh you lovely.
Speaker 5: I'm well, I believe that I have a belated birthday. Wish happy fortieth.
Speaker 8: Oh, thank you darling, thank you. Yeah, it was a bit strange in Lockdown, but they made a big dealer maybe, but on the show, which was kind how wonderful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been meaning to Fa and Thuner, but you know, busy running the apth and whatnot.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I hope you have a fabulous birthday. I did see that they treated you well on the show. Have you been having zoom called with loved ones and stuff? It must be lonely?
Speaker 8: Hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on. This is an eer, is it?
Speaker 5: Oh? Ship, She's on to me quicker than I thought. Sarah, Hi, Sarah, it's Mitch and Mitch.
Speaker 1: I would never say stuff that's oh my god, that's exactly what I thought, trying to be eloquent, like.
Speaker 8: Fuck, my god, you're so good.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you very much, you're really really it's Mitch Coomb's doing the item impression right now? Hello, am I true?
Speaker 1: I don't do an iter. I just do a good bow Ryan.
Speaker 8: Giving you by Ryan?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah? And then come how are you? Let me tell you the Crinella is California. It's a new California. It's the place to live. It's great for families, it's awesome, it's awesome, an.
Speaker 5: Amazing Hey, Sarah, you're like me, You have to have your friggin birthday during COVID lockdown.
Speaker 9: I know, I know, but you know what, Like I don't really get out much anyway, so it's kind of like my regular life. Yeah, and I got to have I got to have this fun show with a fun day on the show, and then I got to be with.
Speaker 8: My boys, which was just the best ever. So and I've been eating birthday cake for dinner every night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the best part of happy birthday.
Speaker 8: I can I believe you got me. You know, when it started to come undone, when you would have.
Speaker 9: To be busy, she.
Speaker 8: Wouldn't say that.
Speaker 5: She wouldn't say what.
Speaker 8: She wouldn't say, well, I've been did you wing the ABC darling?
Speaker 1: Yeah, as if she needs no, because.
Speaker 8: You know, I does not explain her own self to anyone. I cannot believe how good you are?
Speaker 5: I meant, did she actually greet you by saying, well, how do you do Sarah?
Speaker 8: She does?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I just made that up. That's great.
Speaker 1: Me do some more? Do some more?
Speaker 5: Did you know what I was going to do? I was going to say, hello, Sarah, it's me Ada, But troth Ao if I had a fucking AO, i'd be introducing myself that way. Or is it, oh, you're an AO adults only, but yeah that's me. Sorry, I'm an O. Fuck I'm long gone, no a chance of getting that.
Speaker 8: It's like I worked with her for I think five years she's on the show, and it's like working next to the Queen.
Speaker 5: Yeah I can imagine.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so poised, so elegant, she is whip smart and just across everything. She's got a heart of gold ider.
Speaker 5: Buttro she does seem sweet, she's so can you be a good word so we can get her on this podcast.
Speaker 8: Oh that's a good idea. Yeah, I'll try. I mean she's busy running the ABC and all.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 5: I actually feel like Ida Buttros is one of those people that I never want to meet because I just want to have this vision of her in my mind as being excellent and I don't want her to ever like hate me.
Speaker 8: I'd have to be the kind of the cheeky devil's advocate. They would go so lighter. You know, have you ever started, you know, in a busy room and you know she's like, please Sarah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's very polite, isn't she Mitch, did I ever tell you this story? I got Sarah. I got Sarah to record a voice memo reading out the not My Cup of Tea reviews that we got and it was kind of she was doing like a news reader voice, like good morning, funny as fuck, yeah, pair And she just did it on her phone in the dressing room. And then it was like, must you swear like that? Sarah? She overheard it was not impressive.
Speaker 8: It was boken from Queensland.
Speaker 1: Well, she actually gets it, Like, do you remember I had to do a segment when I first started at the radio station. Kyle and Jackie O were like, you want to be here at Kiss get a celebrity on the phone in twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a challenge.
Speaker 1: It was a challenge they set to me. And I got Ida Buttros on her home phone du which is the most iter thing ever to bring a zero zero two nine number, And they got her on the air and they said, oh, you don't even know Mitch. This is just you got this through a contact, and she went, no, I know Mitch. I've I've known him for years. In fact, he was my mentor. He's been to my house. I had she made it up on the spot, but just to make me look good, she improvised, and a queen, a queen.
Speaker 8: Don't know why she would have done that. She would have gone alike, his hustle, I'm going to back here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's what she likes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and she would have seen a little bit of light by doing that. And because it takes some guts right to the eye to buttros and say do you want to come on the radio?
Speaker 5: All right, well we'll leave you to it. Sarah, thank you so much for answering the phone today.
Speaker 1: Love.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're listening to is it just me?
Speaker 1: The rude Shocks of young adultsthood?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: What a good.
Speaker 5: Sport, I know. God love her. They had their two thousandth episode celebration last week.
Speaker 1: Studio ten.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it feels like they've only been around for five minutes.
Speaker 1: That's a great show. That's the show that I wake up with every morning. Like I said, I ten thirty and they go want Studio ten. It's my morning ritual.
Speaker 5: I love is it?
Speaker 1: You watch it?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: I'm a Studio ten guard because it loose and like this show is loose, My radio show is loose. Loose is my definition of Life. So I love watching it. It's very chill.
Speaker 5: But also by the time you get up at ten thirty, you've actually missed all the breakfast shows. So like Studio ten is what you're watching.
Speaker 1: A mid morning show. Love and We Love Sarah Harris.
Speaker 5: Speaking of which, can you believe that it's already been two months since I finished with Kyl and Jackio?
Speaker 1: Is it really?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Two months?
Speaker 1: It feels like a month if that, I know, but flies.
Speaker 5: I've realized recently after leaving that job that I've just been left with permanent damage. Oh therapy, no, no, no, no, nothing that a therapist can fix. Oh dear, it's that damage to my vocabulary. Okay, you had the list before you started.
Speaker 1: Don't be silly.
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't that. I call them vocab invasions. Okay. So, just by being there in the room with Carl and Jackio as they did their show every morning for four hours, five days a week. I was there for four years, I've picked up on so many phrases that they both use, so much of their mannerisms and stuff, and I've realized after leaving the job that, oh my god, I got that from Kyle or I got that from Jackie.
Speaker 1: Also, you've taken on parts of their vocabulary into everyday life.
Speaker 5: There's so many things that I would never have said before working for Kannena JACKIEO. For example, from Kyle. One of the things that I've started saying a lot more than I ever did with grow up.
Speaker 1: Oh you do say that?
Speaker 5: Just shouting at people to grow up?
Speaker 1: Grow up? That is a very Kyle thing, it is.
Speaker 5: I've also started accusing people of getting the rag on.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I have been the recipient of that many a time.
Speaker 5: Which, yeah exactly, which is his way of saying that you know you've got your monthly. Yes, you've got the rag on, you're a bit grumpy, which is actually, when I think about it, revolting, but I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get the rag And also, no one uses rags. It's not yesterday, although Jenna does.
Speaker 5: I also, because of Kyle, started calling people clown like, ah, you know that red added clown over there, whatever's.
Speaker 1: Kyle often calls a call or a clown.
Speaker 5: Get off your clown, yeah exactly. And I've also started referring to sex as being chocer blocked. Oh ah, yeah, she got choco blocked. He was choker blocked up in her like, I would never have said that before.
Speaker 1: Here in Kyle is such a visceral mental image, especially in the bum you know, yes, I.
Speaker 5: And another one is the way he says the word no when he's like's repulsed by the idea of something because someone suggested so. For example, right now, suggests to me that we don't go for a run.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's would never happened, did you. Why don't we go for a very very intense block run.
Speaker 6: Nah?
Speaker 1: He reads it like that real breath and with.
Speaker 5: A Gruntna, I've started doing that because of Kyle. And then there's Jackie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lovely old Jackie. Oh we love her.
Speaker 5: Vocab invasions are eight?
Speaker 1: Yes, you do that all the time. Is that a Jackie oism?
Speaker 5: Yes? I'd never used to say that, but she says it all the time, just you know, if she's questioning something confused, eh. But she gets it from her father, who was like a Queensland guy, all right, he always goes eight. And I'm like, is this how the vocabulary works? It's gotten passed down from a man in Queensland to Jackie to me, like, and we're.
Speaker 1: Doing a show imagine all the listeners that would have these exact isms exactly.
Speaker 5: I was like, okay, well we've got listeners, albeit much smaller scale audience.
Speaker 1: Than pub beginning.
Speaker 5: But I wanted to know what vocab invasions we've made and other people, and so I put the call out. I said, send us a voice message on Instagram. Let us know what phrases you've picked up on the and you now say that you never did before. The first one comes from Steph. Hi. My name is Steph.
Speaker 10: I'm from Hobart and ever since I started listening to this podcast, I've picked up a few new phrases along the way.
Speaker 5: Thank you to mister Mitchell Coombs.
Speaker 10: So I now say, hey, Darlan, and how very dare you?
Speaker 5: How very dare you? No mention of you yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I hope there's one of me in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, no, you've been you've been invading people. Okay, this one's from Callum.
Speaker 14: Hey, it's Callum from Brisbane. And ever since I started listening to this podcast, I now say Darlin a lot, and it's become sort of a part of my customer service vocabulary. And with Cherry, I feel like whenever someone mentions a name or a person Dot Wigans will pop into my head and just go who, despite the fact that I might know them or not.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's your influence.
Speaker 1: Can I just say who came into Dot? Because oh goodness, meet gross. No one's ever coming to d well they have.
Speaker 5: But years ago, did I learnt that John Law has had an affair with Dot?
Speaker 1: Yes? They did? Yes? Correct, No, but I see who? In my general I say who all the time, just like Dot, like in real all the time. Who. It's awful anyway.
Speaker 5: I think you came about naturally that who thing, and then it caught on its weird anyway. This next one is from Brianna.
Speaker 15: Hey, this is Brianna from Penrith.
Speaker 10: And ever since I started listening to the podcast, I've started saying, don't be daft.
Speaker 5: Don't be We haven't used that one for ages. Don't be daft, don't be daft Darlin.
Speaker 1: It's a nice way of insulting someone, but it's thinly veiled as a joke.
Speaker 5: Maybe daft, Yeah, because it makes them really take a good, long, hard look at themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh I am being darf that's right.
Speaker 5: I can't possibly do that. I don't think I used that enough.
Speaker 1: I loved don't don't be daft. It's great, Okay, all.
Speaker 5: Right, next one, This is from Sarah.
Speaker 13: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm Sarah. I'm from Port McCrory, and since listening to this podcast, I have started telling.
Speaker 14: People to not get lippy with me.
Speaker 2: My road rage has escalated to me screaming through the windscreen excuse the fact you and the Pinnacle moment was on the weekend. I was catching up with a friend of mine and we're talking about me starting to date since I've come out as being gay, and she proceeded to down which she was going to set me up on online dating, and I was like, Aha, you can't because all the pictures that you have with me in it is of us. And she goes, that's all right, I'll just do your Facebook profile picture, to which I swung around and in true Coombs's sassy attitude, went.
Speaker 1: How very dare you?
Speaker 2: And that's when I realized, oh shit, I'm having Mitchell moments. Oh well, hang on, sorry, Donald.
Speaker 1: Oh brilliant.
Speaker 5: There's your influence right at the end.
Speaker 1: There, double influence now.
Speaker 5: Sarah, Sarah, Yes, firstly, congratulations on coming out. Secondly, you're gonna have to be a bit more scathing. If you're going to say how very dare you, it's going to be how very dare you?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, I didn't realize that I say, or you say, excuse the fuck you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who is that? Is that?
Speaker 14: Me?
Speaker 1: I don't know the fuck you.
Speaker 5: It sounds like you think, yeah, it's more likely me. I feel like these vogueab invasions are also calling me out. I'm like, do I say that? Oh my god, I do?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, these are all great merch ideas. I can see T shirts for all of these.
Speaker 5: Well that's the thing. Actually a lot of these, I've got a few want to go. A lot of them say that they say Dullan because of us. And do you remember when we were doing merch March earlier in the year, I wanted our jumper to say Darlin on it. Yeah, and you said, oh, that's more of a you thing than an other thing. I disagree. I think it's both of us. You say Dulan all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, I say Dallan because I've been influenced by you. I would never say Dullan post.
Speaker 5: Preger outside of this dam Yeah, Gode Dallan, you got to say it.
Speaker 1: Our do you double l?
Speaker 5: I M there's no ar anyway, Dallan descend by coming through. This next one comes from Vinny.
Speaker 16: Hey guys, it's Vinnie here from Cumberland, Maryland in the USA. I've been listening to both of you from the start, and you can definitely tell, because I've noticed that when I'm at work and I have a bad customer come through my checkout line or from at the grocery store and people are really pissing me off, I'll say for fuck's sake or fucking ill under my breath, and I'll add the Bogan accent so I can sound like Coombs. And one thing I've noticed that makes me sound like Cherry is I've noticed lately that when I laugh, if I laugh too hard, I've been coughing and weezy, so I sound like I'm borderline asthmatic. I do throw in the blionds every now and again to see if someone takes the bait and try and correct me. As for Jenna, I do squeal unnecessarily all the time, like a geriatric mum. But hey, who hasn't in this past year?
Speaker 5: Yep, that's true. Jenna's not even here to defend herself.
Speaker 1: She's not.
Speaker 5: I do obviously have footage of her screaming and sounding like a geriatric of course, so it's like Jenna's spirit is still here.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's like audio from a torture chamber.
Speaker 5: Sounds like she's giving birth. I also love that he puts on the Bogan accent. Farker. I know.
Speaker 1: Also, coughing after a laugh is not Is not you being influenced by me? Get checked?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was going to say, I don't think it's possible for a vocab invasion, as I call it, to give someone asthma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Get checked videos anymore?
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 5: This one's from Meg. Hey guys, my.
Speaker 1: Name is Meg, and I'm implemented into calling my cat clever anytime she does something very cute, don't you that's Isabella the fat cat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my cat has put on.
Speaker 1: Choc it on. That's not that I can talk christ.
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean, isolation hasn't been kind to a lot of my poor Isabella. But I've ordered her some diet cat foods, so you know what happens. I'm taking it for war. Good God, she'll shed some cages, don't you worry.
Speaker 1: And she's such a clever girl. Oh she's so she'll learn to lose the way she's clever.
Speaker 5: Yeah. This next one is from mez Hi.
Speaker 7: I am mes from Geelong and ever since listening to the podcast, I have started saying.
Speaker 15: Lions and I will literally just say it randomly for no reason all the time, not.
Speaker 1: Even something that I use in my day to day vocap.
Speaker 5: Well that you're aware of that it's an accident. I also love that she added the Mitchell Tury vibrato lions.
Speaker 1: Where does that come from? It is very It's very, isn't it.
Speaker 5: You just randomly exclaim things sometimes, right?
Speaker 7: One more?
Speaker 5: This one's from Ruby.
Speaker 15: Hello Dullnn.
Speaker 5: My name is Ruby.
Speaker 15: I'm from Victoria, but I'm of it in Brisbane. So yeah, And since listening to the pod, I have stopped saying Dallan And people think it's like a shining green thing and I'm like no.
Speaker 5: A couple of meting get on board.
Speaker 15: And I've just started at a new union and I'm literally known for calling everyone dulln, so everyone like calls me.
Speaker 5: Dulln and I'm like, yeah, that's me. I love the pod. Who Shany Grimman, Shani Grimmon, She's the YouTuber, But I didn't know that she was known for saying dallan.
Speaker 1: Imagine if she was a major listener of ours and it was actually a vocab. What's it called invasion? Invasion Shannie Gibbons, Grimmonman, that's all the fucking same.
Speaker 5: But yeah, look at its go. We're in your brains.
Speaker 1: Yes, you were infecting baby. There are so many things that you say that I that I have been influenced by you. Outside of Dulann, outside of Darlin. I'll go fucking It'll just be which we've discussed on the show before. It's not fucking, it's it's sharp e n.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fucking with e En has a different energy to fucking discussed this before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wouldn't want to be fucking someone.
Speaker 5: But that sounds like something that happens to a roll under a bridge.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, if you drop your bottle of Captain Morgan pineapple rum, you'd go, oh fucking oh, Mitchell, I'm blind drunk.
Speaker 5: We only had a few SIPs, just such a lightweight. I've polished off all four of my roads A bottles. Not really bullshit, you haven't over the other bit of one.
Speaker 1: All right? Well, hey, Lockdown episode done. And dusted. If you do have a vocab invasion that you want to send us, send it us to us. You know, this might happen again. There might be more words that you develop because of the couple of mitches.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let us know in the Facebook group and during idiots because of where you can find us.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, please leave us a review. We are still doing the commemorative season three mugs. If your review is read out, and if you was just read out today, contact price keeper Jenna. You've got a week to do it.
Speaker 5: Oh, there's been some drama with the mugs.
Speaker 1: Can I just oh, yeah, this is the this is the cracking, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So we've been selling and sending mugs for months without any issues, and then because we send them in batches, right like we might send ten at a time, and one of the batches must have been drop by the postman before they actually got dispatched, so when they were all still together as a cluster, and so in the space of twenty four hours last week we got all these methoges being like my mug is destroyed.
Speaker 1: No, but not like the handle is off or there's a chip in the top. It was like a one thousand piece puzzle. It was basically dust, like the cremated urns of an auntie. It was horrific. So we apologize. If that has happened to you, please reach out to us because we'll replace them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the thing. I sent out an email to everyone that had ordered recently and I said, Hi, everyone, we've been made aware that a couple of mugs have been damaged during transit. If you received a smashed mug, please like, don't be polite, do not hesitate to tell us, and we'll send you a new one free of charge. And oh, this broke my heart. I got a reply from a girl called Georgie and she was like, Hi, yeah, my mug was smashed. I didn't want to ask for a new one, so I've been trying to let it together and I was like, oh, honey, throw it out. We'll send you a new one. Get rid of the glue, get rid of the mug. Send me your address, we'll send you a new one.
Speaker 1: Your customer, if you bought a fucking air fryer from Brevel and it came cracked, you wouldn't know It's okay, it'll work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just let us know. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. I've started putting fragile. I went to the post office and bought tape with the word fragile on it. So just been wrapping the mugs in that so the postman knows to go.
Speaker 1: Weazy dog if you want one, to leave a review or Lincoln Ar Instagram BYO if you want to buy. We'll be back next week. I think still from home, Mitch, I think this is it for a little bit.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not feeling too optimistic about the lockdown lifting in Sydney anytime soon.
Speaker 1: No normal, everyone's stay inside masks on. Yeah, parades for freedom? Shoot me?
Speaker 5: Oh, I know, don't be daft, don't be dark. Protesters don't go to a fucking parade. And if you know someone who goes, you don't know them anymore.
Speaker 1: Excuse the fuck exactly right. Thank you for listening, guys. I will see you next week for seventy eight. Look at us. Go get into one hundred.
Speaker 5: We're climbing slowly bit surely we'll catch you next week, guys.
Speaker 1: Bybe you guys, see ye is it just me?
Speaker 5: A podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 4: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.
Speaker 11: Come, Welcome to a to D brief.
Speaker 5: This is our secret segment on the end. We hope to trick most people out of hearing this part because this is not our best work.
Speaker 1: Any bosses listening, this is your official warning. You've technically, for all intents and purposes, signed the contract to say that if you want to, you know, use us in any capacity, don't use this audio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the start of the show, you put some thought into it, you know, some, Yeah, a little bit, but this part, what the fuck? They're just rambling.
Speaker 1: It's just it really is the end of the earth. It's the after party. It's the after party for the main show, which is the main birthday show, birthday Show. I don't know. I'm drunk. I am so drunk.
Speaker 5: You didn't even drink that now.
Speaker 1: I'm not like.
Speaker 5: Glad I said a few times, but that's not enough to get you, Piers.
Speaker 1: But I've still been drinking. And as we've been recording, look at the bottle, I've had what two shots?
Speaker 5: Why have you still been drinking? I thought you said that you have to drive.
Speaker 1: After still going well, and I'm not driving for a couple of hours. I'll be fine.
Speaker 5: I love how you've gone out in sympathy like we're doing the show from home because we're like, uh, if you can do it from home, you should, that's what the advice is. And you're still going to work, so you very much could just do the show from the studio and I'm at home. But you're like, nah, baggery.
Speaker 1: Oh, I completely fucking forgot about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I could you easily cool. Oh, but I'm more or less stuck here.
Speaker 1: Yeah you are. You can't go anywhere, because if you.
Speaker 5: Can, you should work from home. But you really can't as far as your radio show goes.
Speaker 1: No, and I have an essential work letter, like I've got it lemonaded on my front seat, so if I get pulled over by the police, I can go no, no, no, look at this, I'm essential. Me doing my quiz at eight o'clock every night is essential.
Speaker 5: In all honest. See, if if you're in this studio like next week or a couple of weeks after, and I'm still working from home, it's going to be quite a battle for you to even get me back.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm very editable. Yep, I could do this forever.
Speaker 5: I could work from home forever.
Speaker 1: I'm read. I was about to say, are you on your bed?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm so comfy. Although can I tell you I've got I've had a bit of a moral dilemma, you know how. It was my birthday last week.
Speaker 1: Yes, we here so one we all know.
Speaker 5: My mum's birthday present was a new set of sheets. They're very nice. Quilt, not the quilt cover, like the actual quilt you put in the quilt cover.
Speaker 1: Like the actual doner.
Speaker 5: Yes, the douner itself. And so the quilt is made out of it's like a wool quilt, right, okay, And it's almost like a weighted anxiety blanket. It's so heavy. I love it. But it just because it's woolen it stinks of lanolin, oh.
Speaker 1: Like sheep oil.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm impressed you knew what lanelin was. That's what you were gonna be, like what I'll be to the Easter Show. And I watched, I watched, I watched em.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So lanelin's like the wax or the oil that they extract from wool. Some people treat it like it's a delicacy, where like, you know, there's there's lanolin moisturizes. People you know, actually enjoy the smell of lanolin. But to me it smells like death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would smell like home, right, you'd have that stentil through your house and your mum handles sheep, so she stick of lenolin.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly right. It reminds me of being at home in the shearing shed, which this may come as a shock to wear everyone listening. That's not an environment in which I thrive, right, shad basically the hairdresser for the sheep. You've got to strip them of their wool and then sell the wool for profit. And it's just oh hot and stinky at reeks of laneline. And I was going to bed on the night on my birthday and I was like, this is comfy, And then I was like, fucking laneline?
Speaker 1: So is it covered in like a Is there like a cover on it that you can wash? Can you soak it in bleach or something?
Speaker 5: My washing machine isn't even big enough for the quilt like And mom Mum is one of those really nervous gift givers where she gives you something and then even if you've expressed absolutely no negativity, there's nothing to indicate you don't like it.
Speaker 1: She just goes she reads it.
Speaker 5: I've got the receipt. I've got the receipt. Where I've got the receipt, I can return it. And I think, for the first time in my life, I'm going to be like, babe.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take you up on that offer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your present pongs. This quilt reeks of fucking sheep, Like she don't know if I deal.
Speaker 1: Did she handmake it or something?
Speaker 5: No, it just the confusing for but like, I don't know, I might just have to hang it out of the line, let it air out.
Speaker 1: And that here's the thing, twist the rolls. If you had given someone a gift and you genuinely had the receipt and you thought, hey, you know what, I've got the receipt. If you want to change it, go for it, and then they contact you in a week and go, hey, you know what I do? Would you be offended?
Speaker 5: I mean, I wouldn't mind. I'd rather that than them pretend they like it when they don't. I don't know, yes, But then you'll never know it because, like she she wasn't to know that it was going to stink like a sheep.
Speaker 1: She's probably immune to the smell. As she was wrapping it, she went, oh, this smell is so neutral and gorgeous. Little did she know that it's stunk of dead sheep.
Speaker 5: A live sheep. Landeline is very much on a live Sorry, but yeah, I just I hate the smell of Laneline.
Speaker 1: Look, if we were in the studio, i'd call her now, but we don't have the capabilities. I think you take it back to her, send it back.
Speaker 5: I'll try airing it out of something first. I feel too bad, but it also with very comfy. It's the stink of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and wall is thick though. You know what, we only have a couple of weeks left of winter. Then it's going to start getting hotter. Do you have a second doner that goes on when it's summer. It's a very good call actually, cause Hayden and I currently have our duck down, which actually does stink a little bit of duck and will let you know, and like when we like rough it up a bit doing god knows what the pill the feathers do puff out and you can go that there's like you can smell the duck like the game smell.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So we have a similar problem, but that's just currently for winter. We have this big fluffy, expensive douna. But in some we have a real thin woolen one.
Speaker 5: Oh I didn't even think of that. Maybe because it's winter now, and even with this landel and fucking sheep stink, and I still get a little bit hot. So yeah, that's a good point. I'll have to get me older and around.
Speaker 1: But about out.
Speaker 5: The other thing that confuses me about my mattress is that you know how you get those ones that can flip and they're like, oh, there's there's a winter side and a summer side. How do I know which side is which of the mattress. I don't understand what flipping it does to make it hotter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to get Angela Bishop on the line. She's a bed kind of sir with a waterbed.
Speaker 5: She'd just be like, get a waterbed and get over it.
Speaker 1: Solid advice to live by. Ooh see, now I want to get a new donner. Getting a new Dinner's and putting a fresh set on your bed gives you a whole new lease on life.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I used to be so like carefree about my bed. I was like, whatever is this a bed?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I used to have the crappiest mattress and whatever blanket the person in the sharehouse before me left behind. I used to not care about the beds, but it's just been in recent times that I've realized how much time I spend in bed. Yeah, I'm like, I don't mind spending money on it because I spend.
Speaker 1: A lot of my day, you know, especially in lockdown. Treat yourself, yeah.
Speaker 5: Because yeah, because Jordan, my house mane is obviously not going to work at the airport because I've locked down, so he's basically claimed to the loungdrym So I watched TV in my room. I'm in my bed all the time. I don't want to be beautiful.
Speaker 1: You should treat yourself too, Hayden and I got one, and it's heaven. A pillow topper. What there's not many toppers in your life at the moment, so young, how very dear. A pillow topper is essentially a really plush, thick piece of really soft either duck down or cotton, and you wrap it on your bed. It's like a bed cover, like a sheet, like a top sheet, except it adds about three four inches of pillow, so it's like you sink into a cloud. It's it's like.
Speaker 5: Those Is that those weird egg cup things egg cup, you know, like the mattress things that people get, and they've just got the.
Speaker 1: Little like yes yes, yes, yes, yes yeah.
Speaker 5: They're like swollen clips.
Speaker 1: Away yes yes, the little baby mossy bites all over the bed yees.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you just want to pop them like a simple See.
Speaker 1: Hayden currently wants to buy a set of Versaci bed sheets design a bed sheets, and the whole point of designer sit is for other people to see, so then they go look at him. He's got money, mate, unless you're inviting twinks over when I'm at work, We're not getting the Sachi bedshit?
Speaker 5: Are you trying to impress? Let's just go to fucking Harvey Norman get.
Speaker 1: Yes, I kia, I don't want a suchy bed sheets.
Speaker 5: I would suggest that they're probably not that much better than regular sheets. No, I've never been a brand. More like, I don't get off on owning expensive brands.
Speaker 1: I like clothing brands, and I like shoes. I've got all the Yeasis and I've got a couple of I do like a couple of fancy things.
Speaker 5: Actually, do you know what, remember when you were bragging about buying those Gucci slides oh yeah, And I was like, why the fuck would you buy them? I've been getting amongst the slide caper recently, and so I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's joined the dark side.
Speaker 5: I have slides.
Speaker 1: They are white, the white ones, Yeah they're really.
Speaker 5: Yeah so's they're from Athos. But I'm like, you know what, just like my bed, I spend a lot of time in it, I spend a lot of time in the slides. Maybe I should get some fancy flides.
Speaker 1: You should, But you know, the whole argument about designer things is that you can have six different plain black shirts from asoce or cotton on, and then in a month they'll you'll lose. You'll go through one and six months they'll all be gone because the scenes come off, they live thin. They start to pick. You get one Gucci shirt and it will last you years and it's got the label on it like it's so well made. So I guess that is the argument. Same with the slides. They're so sturdy. I had a pair of fact added as slides that because I'm so heavy, but like rubber on. The soules like you use Mini car were like all rubbed off. I was leading in My guccis are like brand new. The equality is really great.
Speaker 5: Yes, I have reached that age where I'm like, I don't mind spending a bit of money if it's good, you know, like I'm not just gonna go to cotton On and get a scabby pair of two for ten dollars track it's I'm gonna get some nice trackie.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how you know you're old when you you know you can categorize nice tracking.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've got so.
Speaker 5: Many nice trackies. I love them.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I know where all the outlets are. I could take you outlet shopping. Could you love a sale? I love a sale. I don't want to getripped off. Where are we going Birkenhead Point? We'll start why.
Speaker 5: That place, Birkenhead Point, and you can quote me on this is hell.
Speaker 1: It's the layout as terrible. The car park is in a separate building.
Speaker 5: Fucking that car park. Because there's so many scabs lined up to get into Birkenhead Point, they end up queuing up Victoria Road, which thereby makes my commute elsewhere. I'm not even going to Birkenhead Point, I just driving on the freeway.
Speaker 1: Nearby. They clog up the roads.
Speaker 5: Nearby in Jermoine, and I'm just like that place is putrid. You walk in there and you're like this month like second Wave Corona, like it's so it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Delta is in Birkenhead Point. Delta was birthed in Birkenhead. Yeah, in top Juice at Bergenhead. Well discuss it's a real it's a designer outlet in Sydney, but also in the CBD. I know the three hit locations and also DFO in Homebush. I can take you there, will be in, will be out. I know them, they know me.
Speaker 5: We may I'm a DFO home Bush, a Fishionado. I know that place on the back of my head.
Speaker 1: I love that. But you're going into fossil and New Batlet.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Fossil. Fossil is the watchtoor so you could think of fossil watch and leather goods. Now, don'twhear a watch. I wear a watch every day. Isn't that funny?
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: What happens?
Speaker 5: Like I have a device in my pocket that has the time on it at all times. I don't need a fucking you.
Speaker 1: Know what I was thinking this the other day. I think my Apple watches the leading cause so much of my anxiety. I get every notification?
Speaker 5: Do you know what? That's probably true?
Speaker 1: No, I'm what serious?
Speaker 5: Are you right?
Speaker 1: Sorry? I'm very tipsy. I've stopped the Captain Morgan. I'm on the seven up now? But what's repeating on me? And of a candle?
Speaker 5: Like a step down from Mountain jew?
Speaker 1: Also seven up? Is it sprite? It's a very weird sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think it's the lemonade sort of genre.
Speaker 1: So I've got to go to work soon. Oh when are you getting fires?
Speaker 14: That?
Speaker 1: Are you getting the jab soon?
Speaker 5: The earliest booking I could get for Fiz was September, so I'm booked in. I'm ready to go, but it's like it's at the point where I might just get Astrasenka. Do you remember on the show you talking about getting backed recently?
Speaker 1: Because I've had one jab one?
Speaker 5: When do you get the second?
Speaker 1: Early August? I don't know the exact date, but a couple of weeks I think next week?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And do you remember how I was like, I was joking around and I said, oh, fire, so that's the good one. What's the shit one?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 5: No one wants poor astra astroseneka. Yeah, obviously I was joking, but then I was realizing in hindsight, I was like, oh, I don't really want that message out there. I don't think that asenka.
Speaker 1: Because it is not shit at all.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I don't think it's something people should be afraid of. And our mate Brooklyn who works with Kyl and Jackie, Oh, he's been on this podcast.
Speaker 1: He was not one of the very first episodes. Brooklyn Ross.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to say episode eight. Yeah, Brooklyn Ross was our guest, but he he did a video on his Instagram the other day and it was awesome. He basically broke down why people shouldn't be afraid of astrosenka as an option for vaccination, particularly in Sydney where we're in lockdown here.
Speaker 6: It is okay, this is how PHISA is keeping Sydney lockdown longer. Australia still has seventeen million vaccines to jab into arms, but we don't have those vaccines yet. We get a million doses of fiser every week from Europe, but if we keep choosing fires over astrosenica, it's going to take five months for us to get fully vaccinated, that's maybe December. Our Astroseneka jabs are Australia made in Melbourne. We have heap spare and we could be making two and a half million doses every week. If we all got astrosenica, we could literally be eighty percent vaccinated within five weeks. So PISA really means four unnecessary months in lockdown.
Speaker 3: But I know what you're.
Speaker 7: Thinking, why astroseneka kill me?
Speaker 6: Well, the chance of dying from a blood clot from astrosenica is literally.
Speaker 1: One in a million.
Speaker 6: You've probably heard that the contraceptive pill and viagra are way more dangerous. If you go out and you catch COVID in Sydney right now, you've got a one in three hundred chance of dying. That's three thousand times deadlier than astrosenica. Astroseneka beats Pfizer in other ways as well. A study of the Delta strain found that astrosenica after four months provides better protection than PISA. Astrosenka was also better than Phiza at preventing symptoms, according to this Canadian study, and those fluey side effects that you get after a vaccine, they're worse with Phizer and that's according to a survey done from Westmead Hospital. The reality is astrosenica is not any more dangerous than a heap of other safe and common medications, but our fear of it is literally going to devastate Australia's economy unnecessarily. Every single person who thinks it over and chooses to get astrosenica rather than phiza is literally helping get us out of lockdown earlier.
Speaker 3: If you can do it, Thank you.
Speaker 1: You know. It's interesting when you hear it broken down like that, it makes so much more sense. But then when you're watching on the news and there are figures and numbers and you're watching different channels and misinformation can spread like that. So when you actually break it down like Brooklyn did, it's so much it's so more easy to understand.
Speaker 5: I know. But then you've got fuck quits like Pauline hands and going, oh, I'm not getting vaccinated. I'm not putting that in my body. It's like, Dulla, no one's ever want to put anything in your body, not even you. We're going to put something in your body, babe.
Speaker 1: Also, people saying you can't force us to get the vaccine. Nobody is forcing you to get the vaccine. We all want to get out of lockdown. We all want to leave it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're actually quite correct. No one can force you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just do it though exactly. Also, the thing that gets me is daft is don't be daft. Australia is grand conspiracy. Who is benefiting from the conspiracy? No one can tell me who, Like, it's clearly not glad Us. The poor bitch is exhausted. She's got a new boyfriend. She just wants to get dicked down on the weekends, but she can't because she's doing press release after press release. She wants you to.
Speaker 5: Be like, no quash. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's why she said. She wants to. You wanted to be quashed and pummel and she deserves it. The government are not corrupt, for Christ's sake. They've absolutely bungled the roll out.
Speaker 5: Let us out of lockdown so that Gladys can.
Speaker 1: Get dictator men.
Speaker 5: That's the motto today.
Speaker 1: Put that on a T shirt. Anyway, we should quash the show. I gotta got a work great episode from home. How are the acoustics When I yell welcome.
Speaker 5: You sound like you're in a garbage man.
Speaker 1: That sound like an IBus in circular key. All right, guys, thank you for listening. Don't forget reviews five stars. It keeps us going and Mitch, I didn't realize this, but it actually puts us up in the algorithm as it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it does. It puts us up in the charts and stuff like that. You can win yourself a marg as well as if that's not enough for an incentive, you'd also be doing it as a favor. But yet, thanks for listening. Even without the song, I'm still using the catchphrase, we hope this podcast may be at least two percent better today. That's all.
Speaker 1: That's it, that's all we achieve. I love you guys, thanks for listening, and see you next week.
Speaker 5: Catch you then, Bye bye, Happy lockdown.
Speaker 1: It's just me. I'm podcast by a coupla Mitch.
Speaker 4: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.