Speaker 1: Listen, We're blessed by an Australian icon in the studio. Today Girls two point three million sales worldwide, streamed over ninety one million times. You can watch her on Dancing with the Stars currently on Channel seven. Maybe a brand new single le's quite your attention.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, welcome to the studio. Look, we're going to get into Dancing with the Stars in a minute because we love watching you on that and you mean absolutely killing it. But first talk to us about Peachy, this brand new song. What was the insco behind it?
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: I was so excited to go in and write because I hadn't put out a song in ages, like it's been two years, I think since I've put out something. But I when we went to the studio, I was like, I want to write something really pop and really fun and really happy. And I'd just kind of written the Christmas song and same kind of vibe, like just that really pop, nostalgic. It sounds like the two thousands, that kind of thing. And it was the chords actually, we had these like chords that like that kind of like and it sounds that you've heard it before. And I was like, let's just write something really really fun and then we had every lyric except that now I'm saying life is and it was that line and Morgan, the producer goes peachy, and I was like, I love that because that just kind of burts a whole new idea, like the artwork and everything now is going to be so fun.
Speaker 4: You say you took two years off between releasing songs. What was why for the break? What was the reason behind that.
Speaker 3: I just was like, you know, I'd put something out and then I wasn't not not inspired, but I'd written some songs and I was like, they're not They're not it, They're not good enough. And I never want to put something out just to put it out, you know. I want to put something out that I really really love. So I just took my time with it.
Speaker 4: Do you not have pressure though from the record label?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like to be able to keep creating. How do you put it back on that?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: I wrote something that I don't want anyone to hear it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've done that before, and they're like, so you do, won't just even just send it? And I'm like no, because if then if they like it, then they'll be like we should put it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's so interesting. Do you get pressure from the music labels as well? And you see it on TikTok? But artists that are forced to make tiktoks and then you watch them and they're so inauthentic and you've got Mike like doing a dance and you're like, you're a dad man. Does the label go like, Sam, get up there and you post your TikTok, put a little pretty shot on and do a TikTok day?
Speaker 3: They used to. I'm really lucky now that I'm kind of in control of all of that, but yeah, I used to like have a social media manager at the label and be like, hey, you need to do this, you need to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, really, when you're creating songs or you're coming up with a new idea, does any part of you have TikTok in mind? And the reason I say that is we were speaking to Megan Trader not that long ago and she was like, look, I almost owe TikTok to my revamp because I wanted to get spend viral. So now there are artists that are actually taking that into consideration.
Speaker 3: Do you oh yeah, well, yeah, you kind of have to because TikTok's such a huge platform for music now and I feel like as well, it's if you do have a chorus that you feel like lends itself to that world. It's not a bad thing. So yeah, definitely, I don't. It's not like front of mine. But I'm like, afterwards, I always think, what's the TikTok part going to be? You know, because it's always a part of it.
Speaker 2: Which is the dance partner?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Speaking of dance, how are you finding Dancing with the Stars at the moment because you've just had a perfect ten out of ten school.
Speaker 2: I can't relate.
Speaker 1: About Laura was on last season. For anyone that missed it, you really don't need to rewatch. You just need to know that she was described as a praying mantis on asset.
Speaker 4: But that's yeah, Craig, who is not particularly very kind. No you would if you watch. He was so mean and then he said, Laura, you're kind of like moving a lot, and you remind me of a praying mantison acid. But you can't relate to that because you've gotten a perfect scorek.
Speaker 3: I just know when it gets to him, I'm like, Okay, I'm just gonna get I'm just gonna get it over and done with. Give me the mean comments. But I've really trained really really hard. I mean, Gustavo, my dance partner, was an incredible teacher, especially with Latin, like he taught me. I mean even just like it was like heels off, We're going to get our feet into the ground and you know how they kind of start from like you have to connect with the floor. And it was like really intense training and very very hard. But and I was at times going like what are we doing? And then when it got to the day, I was like, oh, I get what he was doing now because it is in my head.
Speaker 1: We adorn you, Sam. The new song Peachy is out now, so fun, like perfect, especially with the mob of music at the moment, it fits right in. And keep watching Sam Dancing with the Stars next Sunday, August four, seven pm on Channel seven and seven plus. We'll see you soon, Sam.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys,