Speaker 1: A small show, The Smallesy Show.
Speaker 2: This Afternoon's guest, We're very grateful. He has come straight from school, the Eastern Roselles Kid. He's had millions of views on Instagram and TikTok. He's also going to do a little live performance for us, So please make welcome the most famous not famous person we've ever had on the show.
Speaker 3: Our next guest is a certified little songbird.
Speaker 1: A seven year old schoolboy has turned into a global music sensation after his dad posted a song about Eastern Roselles.
Speaker 2: Miles Phillips received millions of views. It here you go Hey on the show This Afternoon, A little fun for a Friday, The Eastern Roselles Kids Here, Yeah, Joel Dad, Hello to you and hello to little rocket pop star.
Speaker 1: You are say.
Speaker 2: Hello to everybody. Tell them your name because they would have seen you on TikTok.
Speaker 4: I'm MILESPS.
Speaker 1: You're Miles Phillips. You are? How are you? Many years old?
Speaker 5: I'm seven time agin in September.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I have interviewed a lot of big pop stars in my time. I've interviewed like Harry Styles and Yeah Dua Lipa and Billie Eileish and now you I.
Speaker 1: Get to add you to the least.
Speaker 2: Dad, I'll ask you, life is pretty crazy at the moment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been. Yeah, pretty much. Life is normal for Myles relatively.
Speaker 4: He's after school, he's.
Speaker 6: Doing that thing. But meanwhile my dms are blowing up and I just I've been dubbed the full time dadager.
Speaker 1: Okay, your dadager. Yeah, I'm the dadager.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because we've got a seven year old rock star that lives at our house now. Yeah, and it has been a very wild couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Tell me the story? Do you want to? Who wants to actually tell me the story? I don't mind.
Speaker 2: Who loves Eastern Rosella's so much that we would turn them into a song.
Speaker 6: Well, why don't you tell him how you started to write the song? And I can tell how.
Speaker 2: It blew up.
Speaker 5: So it all started off. I was at my grandparents place called Redmon Island, and I was feeding the bud seat on the verandah and bud just came along. There was pigeons, there were lour keets, there was Roselles, but the main bud that stood out to me.
Speaker 4: Was the East Moroseilla.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, as I was feeding the bud seat, I came up with the catchy chorus, and when Dad and me got back to Sydney, we had songwriting Saturday and we finished the song that day.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're more talented than me. Bro, Like, I couldn't write a chorus to save myself.
Speaker 6: You know, we've not that. I've put on Instagram everything we've ever done, So this was a bit of an unusual situation. I just thought it was just such a great song. I thought, yeah, I'll just denied. I wasn't going to but I was like, I love it so much, I'll just pop it up there, sure, and I'll delete it later, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When did it go, Like, it was about a week and a half ago, maybe two weeks now that it started to.
Speaker 1: Go really really viral.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And then well, okay, so I think there was a there was a lot of initial love for that first little we were just we just recorded it for his teacher. I just I thought I'd send it to her. Yeah, but I popped it online and then so there was a lot of instant love and people ask him when it's going to drop. Yeah, like, oh man, mate, we've got to We've got to record a full band version.
Speaker 1: Of this song.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of demand for your to drop on Spotify. So then I so I'm I'm the band number one man. Sure? Yeah, yeah, so you made that little song. We recorded his vocal live start to finish, and then when I posted that video, that's when it really exploded.
Speaker 1: That's when it kicked off.
Speaker 2: You're going to perform live for us, which I'm very excited about because once it's stuck in your head, you cannot get the chorus out of your head. Are you cooking? Are you cooking on any more songs? Have you got anything else there?
Speaker 5: Well, I've started making bad with Maskul friends. Okay, shout out to Henry Max and Jack there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, they're listening, Henry Max and Jack there in the group, now are they?
Speaker 5: Then the band called the spike Kads, and I'm creating a song for it called the Rock of Doom.
Speaker 4: It's really cool, okay, and.
Speaker 5: It's like a rock song.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna play some some club shows? You're gonna get into the pubs and clubs and the clubs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I Well remember, all I can say to you, as you know, is as you're starting out, as you become a rock star. Be careful, choose your friends wisely, make sure you don't get any hangers on, be careful of the group is yeah, this is just me just given the life advice Dad, just you know, just take it as you will. Good on you for harnessing. It's so great. It's so great. It's so great. Well, Miles, would you like to sing for us? Okay, all right for a Friday afternoon? Everybody eastern roseales, so.
Speaker 1: Can you hear it enough?
Speaker 7: And it starts like Thursday. The lack of like the front of a bird, to what this thing? Cheese this scout, mister.
Speaker 4: Resellous, sister reseltous.
Speaker 7: Colors, mister Rosellas, Sister Resellous, beautiful colors.
Speaker 4: At sea lat too. And they used to apply to the trees the fling over mind. Now to what this way shade, mister Resellos, still.
Speaker 1: Rosellous, You could give beautiful colors.
Speaker 4: It's the resulous sister Resellous, beautiful colors yellow green and blue.
Speaker 5: Council bratto shappy, let's go look at the fun so high in the sky.
Speaker 4: As they're sick of their song.
Speaker 6: Twist in the moon and missed and a lack.
Speaker 4: Of likeness, the flight over a man to what the species godster sister resells. Look at the beautiful god.
Speaker 3: O Lord say what a performers heart fot Miles, I love it, Thanks for being here, Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you show.
Speaker 1: Don't miss a moment of the Smallsy Show.
Speaker 3: Download the free iHeart app. Now sounds better on iHeart Yes.
Speaker 1: Said to Chemist Warehouse.
Speaker 2: And save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store, every day