Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts, hear more Gold podcast playlist and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Now it is Wednesday morning. It's to middle of the week. Something we do on Wednesday as we ask you about your week so far. Free Word Wednesday. Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 2: Dog? Eight glasses?
Speaker 1: Well we it's a classic Patsy. It's a dog eating story and the glasses being lost.
Speaker 2: It's the long running saga of my glasses.
Speaker 3: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I've got a listed. We just need to let because we've obviously got a lot of people coming new to the show. Patsy's dog is a small horse. He is like a pony, like a grown up ow packer. So what's the brand? He's bread every in these days of brand guys.
Speaker 2: He's an Italian sheep dog. If you've seen the odd Ball movie.
Speaker 1: An Italian sheep dog, and they're renowned for those sheep dogs. Are the Italians in.
Speaker 2: The Pyrenees Mountains, That's where his ancestors are.
Speaker 1: Oh, now it makes sense why he's such a big, old hearty dog.
Speaker 2: He looks like the Bundy Bear yes, yes, we've been out walking him and people have accused him of looking like the Bundy Bear, and that's fair because he does. He's a beautiful boy. But I don't know what's got into him. So he's eight years of age, he's well out of that puppy stage where they chew every single thing. But the last week he's got into a few things and the glasses.
Speaker 1: Yes, the tom Fords, the tom Ford Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Ray, my optomatist, Ray will be listening produces.
Speaker 1: Can you wake up tom Ford right now? And he needs to get back in that workshop he's got out the back by the poolhouse and make a new pair for Patsy.
Speaker 2: I think I'm single handly handedly propping up his business, tom Ford. Why do they always with puppy dogs when they destroy something, It's not it's never like the sheep. It's always they've got a taste for good.
Speaker 1: That's so true. I remember once dropping off our shepherd dog, So yeah, German shepherd dog when she was about a year at a dog sitter. So you pay them, you drop the dog off, and so you know, they look after the dog and they walk them twice to night. So it's a great deal. Came back to pit the dog up and she'd eaten the guys. We're not eating them, but really destroys his work shoes, And so I oftened to buy a new pair, thinking he said, don't be no eat ate the money. I had to pay two hundred bucks when you pay shoes. Well, and I looked at those shoes. They were not two hundred dog shoes. These are not Tom for scholars.
Speaker 2: I woke up from my nap yesterday and these glasses they weren't sort of on the floor anywhere that he could well, he can access because he's so tall, but they were just sitting on my bedside table. I'd taken them off to have a nap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this dog sort of dog head level, isn't it. They think that that's like I walk up buffet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just help myself. That's weird, I thought, But that's not unusual for me to lose a pair of glasses.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: I went out the backyard to hang washing out. I thought, what's that on the grass.
Speaker 3: It is the Tom fads and all the lenses wear mask.
Speaker 1: She's now expecting it with all the hyperbole. I've got a list here, I said, the producers. Can we get a list of what Patsy's dog's eating? So obviously the most recent one was the tom four glasses, the arms of an outdoor recliner.
Speaker 2: Chris is outdoor recliner at the weekend.
Speaker 1: Your daughter audery schoolbag, six outdoor chair cushions, barbecue wheels, barbecue knobs, barbecue hoses, outdoor heater guards, sony garden lights, half a rock melon slash canter loop you know that well known hybrid, you know, watermelon lamb chops calling for dinner and apossum. Oh yeah. And then there's a couple as you missed off team, there's Harold Holt and some foreigners and Aridge A yeah, Rio, what is your three word weeks so far?
Speaker 4: I reckon there's two types of people in this world, and I think I know where all three of us four.
Speaker 3: If reception is unattended.
Speaker 4: There are those that ring the bell, and there are those like me that are too cowardly to ring the bell.
Speaker 3: What are you, Patsy?
Speaker 2: What do you mean ring the bell?
Speaker 3: Like ring the.
Speaker 1: Little bell at the death, you know, for attention? Ring all the complicated census hasn't started early?
Speaker 2: I mean bell, I will bag that damn thing right through the desk.
Speaker 1: My wife would I won't. I wait a day.
Speaker 3: There for I'm so scared to press it.
Speaker 1: I would never do that.
Speaker 4: It's like I will get shivers just like hovering over it, because that's loud.
Speaker 1: It's so what I would do is so I might do this move, I'll go and sit down and do this. That's even worse.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's like I think car Horn should have. You've actually got the big old Bear. You should have a milder one where excuse.
Speaker 3: Me if they just haven't taken offrom the lights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're getting the covers of second Squeaze any longer than get the big Old Ben.
Speaker 2: Just makes it awkward when you.
Speaker 1: Do that, though, because it could be I could be getting over a spicy cough. Sorry I got the old coughs. But they don't wake you up for me lunch break? Did I?
Speaker 3: I was at the physio yesterday.
Speaker 4: I still haven't rehabbed my rold ankle from about two months ago, and I sat there. There was no one reception. I sat there, no joke for twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: So hang on a minute, so understand the context. You're on time for an appointment. Yes, you ring the bell? Really? Yes?
Speaker 3: No, I still I still know it's.
Speaker 1: You're but they charged you. That's you're going to get less time. They could have a client coming in after you. You only get half time? No, surely not.
Speaker 4: I still got a full session eventually when I well, I didn't end up ringing the bell. Actually there was a braver a woman who came in who was probably the patient after me. She walked in went straight to counter rung the bell without even hesitating.
Speaker 3: I couldn't. I couldn't believe how brave she.
Speaker 1: My wife would be exactly the same, right, perhaps probably would as well. That's and that actually is a probably grown up way to behave.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what it's there for, so use it.
Speaker 4: But it's scary, don't you think you're like be you're like annoying them or like you're like come.
Speaker 1: Here to repeat it? Ding ding ding ding is rude. Oh that is a mild little life.
Speaker 3: There's protein.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a very gentle touch though, because they're very sensitive though to be app will actually do it.
Speaker 1: And also it is there for a reason, as Pat said, Yeah, but it obviously means it's on man's when they're treating patients.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know, but the thought of it actually just makes my blood run cold.
Speaker 1: I think I'm guessing if I'm getting a treatment, then I hear some fall out there, ringing a bell. It's stressful, yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: But I think maybe it's a gender thing as well. Do you think it's like a man woman thing? Like I'm too scared to do it, but I think women are better at standing up for themselves and like asserting themselves, whereas men, I think in those situations are mostly cowards.
Speaker 1: I agree, I shouldn't agree. I don't know. If men listen to let's go Christians stand out for us. God, damn it, I'll be lying. I'll be absolutely lying. And I live in a house with three women, and so I see how even my nineteen and twenty two year old daughters they bring the damn bad ring the bell, the amount of times where they've gone white. And you know, we were out to dinner and I don't like my food, and they go, why don't you say something?
Speaker 2: I would something like me there in so it's like you need to say.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm sorry, should eat the crap food. Sometimes it's actually I've hardly eating any of it, and they go, actually, is everything okay? But the food anything? And I'm like, I'm something not hungry.
Speaker 3: If they brought the wrong thing, I probably wouldn't give it back.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no. If they brought me the wrong drink, I'm kicking off the table is getting tipped over. My three word week so far is access all areas on the way in. This morning, an uber driver picked me up. He's picked me up a couple of times. He works in ATC traffic Control and oneever chance, this is a very interesting job. We know nothing about what goes on in those rooms. Anyway. I'm asking him so many questions about how it works, how big is a team, and how do you divide it all up? And he was talking about the different sectors in the country as I was asking about what's the busiest air space. It's obviously between the corridor between Melbourne and Sydney and all the stuff. It's just interesting because we know nothing about it. And he said, hey, listen, you see we're interested. Do you want to come round to come and have a look. I would love that. I'm thinking about doing a thing on the show Can I play School for grown ups? Where it's like access all areas or Australia's hidden rooms, she said. Normally we're not allowed to bring people in, but you know, I'm pretty sure you could come in.
Speaker 4: You're like the kid that gets into the cock piers on the jets stop.
Speaker 1: I'd love to go in those rooms to see the big monitors and what goes on. There's play school for grownups when you want to come and see what goes on in the air traffic control room?
Speaker 3: What does this button do?
Speaker 1: No? No, not what George does that button do? No? Just to not know you're not touching any buttons, but high up there, what are they doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm really curious.
Speaker 1: Actually, yes, please do it. So I've got the air traffic controller. And then I remember that last year. I don't know why they came to email me. Will we talking about brain surgery? But anyway, I get an email from a brain surgeon saying you seem interested. Do you want to come around and watch one? We're not come around. It doesn't do it at home, but come over to the surgery. I'd loved when you want to watch a brain surgery, It's.
Speaker 4: Pretty intense watching someone's head opened up. How fascinating that would you get to go in the actual operating theater.
Speaker 1: I thought you're going to say go in the head hey, because you wanted to just do this bit here. No no no no no no no my god, no no no no no no, I presume so wow, please do this. I would love it. So I just need more invites to Australia's hidden rooms, because that's what this really is. Australia will have loads of these hidden rooms. You know there's one I'd love to get to it, Like the MCG where's the room where they press the.
Speaker 3: I know that there is a big red button.
Speaker 1: I've seen a phone, but where is that? Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I'd love to go into the the where they do. Like the var the video review at the mside, I would.
Speaker 1: And break them all because it doesn't work. It's useless.
Speaker 3: I want to see what sort of cameras.
Speaker 1: Smash it with hammers. The Christian O'Connell Show go On podcast