Speaker 1: People do some weird shit.
Speaker 2: Television legend Carrie Ane Kenney fell several meters from a trapeze while performing in the musical Pippot.
Speaker 3: Some things that make more sense than others bring pikes, nurseries, mercy pikes, p y k e.
Speaker 4: S Hey, why I kay as in kill hey, why okay?
Speaker 5: Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults?
Speaker 3: Wood?
Speaker 6: Why is your life so expensive?
Speaker 3: I'm not even having a good time.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 1: Just a couple of mitches.
Speaker 7: What about me?
Speaker 4: Don't forget?
Speaker 1: No, he is Michturi and Mitchell kus? Well, goodbye you?
Speaker 6: Would that be like that?
Speaker 1: Hello? Are you?
Speaker 3: Hello? You? Over?
Speaker 1: The last Time's weird? It's weird, it's odd, it's it's bizarre. I am not feeling anything yet. I'm kind of numb.
Speaker 6: Are we in denial? Steal?
Speaker 1: No, it's well and truly, kid.
Speaker 6: Someone did suggest that we start with goodbye you instead of hello you, But I was thinking, does that make sense to say goodbye but then chat for more than an hour?
Speaker 1: Well that was I didn't even read that. That was just my own little fun idea. I thought it would be cute.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I see we did there, But it's not goodbye yet. We've got a long episode to go. We are trying to break the record for our longest ever episode today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it is like your first time listening, it'd be very awkward if it is. But this is our final episode ever, two hundred and fifty five. This is the end.
Speaker 6: The record that we're trying to break, by the way, is an hour and forty three minutes. For those listening right now, you can already tell if we broke the record or off. Right now. We don't know if we'll make it. Surely we'll be able to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this isn't going to be a sub fest. It's going to be fun. We've got Look, we've got Ameretto, Sowers di Serono. Throw us a little my god, love them. I know we've got balloons in here too.
Speaker 6: Our third Wheel Prize keeper Jenna is currently dressed up as the Mona Jenna Go, one of those ridiculous costumes that so many of our listeners center us. We just put your head through the hole and you're the modor Liza.
Speaker 8: I finally got it under Mona Jenna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jenna, you look gorgeous.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: It actually looks very uncomfortable, Like the headhole is quite small. It's going to rub against your chin if you get uncomforty. Please don't feel like you need to wear that for the whole episode.
Speaker 8: I feel comfortable in this the mona Jenna.
Speaker 1: I've got Jenna's side angle and she is her side profile is so severely hunched because she needs to make sure that the frame fits in the camera.
Speaker 6: Just make sure you're comfory, Jenna. I'm worried about you over there.
Speaker 8: No, no, I'd like to be in character.
Speaker 6: But you've got to see the spectacle of this city. It's at a couple of images of our Instagram. You've got to see what she looks like right now. It's so funny.
Speaker 1: Jenna. How are you feeling being the final episode?
Speaker 8: I'm really sad. Yeah, I don't want it to end.
Speaker 1: I know, do we have to do it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 8: Do we continue?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Fucked? I did that to me? Then I'm the bad guy being like, no, we can't just change our minds now.
Speaker 1: No, it's not changing of mine.
Speaker 7: It's just gaslighting our audience in thinking we're finishing when we're not.
Speaker 6: I was actually thinking that because people have said I'm hoping this is all one big prank and they're not really ending the podcast. Wouldn't they be somewhat furious if it was a prank. That's kind of cruel.
Speaker 1: Oh that's an emotional whiplash. That was the case. But you know what, and I'll say this, he said, we haven't had any discussions, honestly, but the show is like, we're ending the show. But they also ended Will and Grace. They also ended Neighbors. Oh god, yeah, oh my fucking toadfish.
Speaker 6: I saw a text we got I can't who was from. I wish I did, And they said, I feel like it. This me is going to be like one of those comfort shows like Kathy Kim More Friends that you go back to. I was like, well that's nice.
Speaker 1: I agree. Our back catalog will remain and it will exist.
Speaker 6: If you're listening on Spotify and years to come. Pop a comment I want to see, you know on YouTube people like he's here in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate those comments. Is it just me on the fly or people comment just for someone like said first comment? Can I get a like? Or on Instagram? Now, like you'll be on something and someone will just comment, like Donald Trump for President button, and they'll do an arrow to the like, so it's not even like button, they're rewiring what the button is? I got a big dumb truck ass button, one hundred likes. I'm like, what do.
Speaker 6: You want to hear? What we have got planned for this episode?
Speaker 1: I think we should. I think we should tell everyone.
Speaker 6: You know that we often do Jenner's junk, which is our shitty gems that never make it to the podcast. We decide now we're not going to use that or that is it just me talking point? And then it resurfaces out of Jenner's Junk. Well, today we're doing idiots junk because a lot of people have asked to come on the podcast to share and is it just me of their own I would love to have been able to get every single one of you one, but we haven't been able to. So you might get a shout out in this episode. We've got a bunch to get through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going through all the idiots junks, sifting through.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I feel bad calling it junk. It's not because we thought it was shit, It just we just never got around to it. Basically, and also coming up Oscar's obituary, Yeah, our fourth will roving reporter Oscar. You now the TV news stations will have obituaries prepared for people before they die. Yes, people, they suspect Mike Cargetts Court. Even though we're terminal, we're not gone yet, but we do have an obituary to play well.
Speaker 1: It's it's more so looking back five years, because we have done some real shit over the last half decade.
Speaker 6: I'd be interested to see how many of them you actually remember. If we know that your memory placed tricks on your Sometimes.
Speaker 1: My memory is shot. I honestly don't think I remember any I was even going back through old socials and I don't even remember being in the room. Yeah, it doesn't even look like me. I thought, when did they have Katie Langer as again?
Speaker 6: You know, I find so random your memory. You don't latch onto everything because I sang a lot of shit, but some things you really latch onto. One of those things was the story I told you about our family dog Jenne when we were in Bogengate last week.
Speaker 9: Cheer.
Speaker 6: We got to see the ship.
Speaker 1: You saw it, I got to see it, smell it. It's a hole in the ground with shiitness.
Speaker 6: If you haven't missed that story. I was it's not a good story. Trick of warning animal death. Yeah, our family dog fell in the septic tank and drowned because dad had left it open because it was fixing a pump or something, and it came back and went holy shit. And for some reason, your memory latched onto that story of all stories, so I had to show it to you in the flesh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for showing it to me.
Speaker 6: I was like, Oh, I'd get that turd earlier. Look at that one.
Speaker 1: I think that's what I'm mine. Well, that's coming up. I'm excited, I'm nervous. I'm kind of like filling out words so that it doesn't to the end is longer away that.
Speaker 6: It needs to be a long episode. And also coming up, you know how we've been playing little voice messages from guests we've had on the podcast. Right, Yeah, we've got one final voice message to go from an old guest. Keep a near out for it. Okay, it's a big one. We're also saying speech just later. We've all prepared a few words. We haven't heard what we're going to say to each other yet, we have how long are they going to be?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I haven't actually tied mine imagined if it was a fucking ted talk mine.
Speaker 1: Mine's not very long. Okay, you know, word economy, I'm really one of my strengths. Sure that I was shortened.
Speaker 6: Not today, make no word economy. Today.
Speaker 1: I got you guys, gifts. Should I give them to you? Now?
Speaker 6: Oh, Mitch, I didn't know what we're doing.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do gifts just to be honest. I saw something and it reminded me of Jenna that I might, well, now I've got to get bitch something. I see.
Speaker 6: This is just if this is nice.
Speaker 1: The speeches will come later, but it's just a gift. They're smaller and they're tidy. Don't downplay them, no, I know, but they just they are I think, the perfect encapsulation of our friendship. They're very different gifts. But Jenna, I saw this and I thought of you straight away, Very Jenna.
Speaker 8: It's as a cat on a jumper.
Speaker 6: It's just the cat's facial features, like the nose.
Speaker 1: And I love this m that is very famously loves cats and she's part cat. She's got cat calls.
Speaker 8: That's true.
Speaker 6: Those cat's eyes are going to line up perfectly on your tips actually no, they're not that. Perkin's quite high.
Speaker 1: It's gonna let's face Oh.
Speaker 6: I love this so much.
Speaker 1: I don't want that.
Speaker 6: It's very nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cute. All right, this is for you, Mitchell. It over to Mitchell.
Speaker 6: You didn't have to do.
Speaker 1: This is sentimental.
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Have a look.
Speaker 6: It is a vinyl.
Speaker 1: I've detected that.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen what's on it yet.
Speaker 1: What I've had made for you is I've got a record of our first ever episode. Really yeah, do that? Yes, you can do it. And it takes much longer than anticipation.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that's why I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Was possiblely coming from Ireland, and I had to pull the audio, which is very hard for me. So it's it's our very first episode.
Speaker 6: Did you have the screen record a whole episode?
Speaker 1: I thought about it. That was option to I d had to download it, like download the episode you do. There's a software you put a link in idea around it. It's probably terrible quality, but I couldn't message you because you'd be like, why the hell does he want the first ever episode? So it is our first episode.
Speaker 6: Oh that's very thoughtful. Thank you now, I'm gonna have to get a vinyl player.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I don't think everyone actually play it, would you.
Speaker 6: I'd be curious to see how it sounds.
Speaker 1: It'll be all crackly and distorted, like that sound, And it's just so it's forever commemorated. If the Internet blows up, and if there's a world war and there's no way to stream the shows and you've got al Zheimers in your ninety seven and you want to listen to the first episode, you can put it.
Speaker 6: On only one episode on loop. Yeah, I have ourzymes. It won't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, exactly. Forget that you've listened.
Speaker 6: Now, shall we dive right into the episode?
Speaker 1: I think we should. If it is your first time listening, Welcome to Is It just Me? Every show we start the same with two igems? Two? Is it just me? Are there are something we've noticed? Something we hate or appreciate? Mitch doesn't know mine, I don't know Mitch's.
Speaker 6: I hate to be greedy, but we're never going to do this again. And I've got two Is it just me? And I can't pick which one I like? Oh? Is it fine to do both?
Speaker 1: I don't care. Yeah, no issues with me. Okay, I was gonna go sentimental, but then I thought, you know, the whole show is going to be a bit emotional. So let's just give you what I what I be thought I had this week. As if the show wasn't ending, this would be my agem if the show was not wrapping up?
Speaker 6: How would I tease mine? One of them is something I hate, but I would hate it if it happened to me. It didn't happen to me, but fuck, I would hate it happen to me I witness it happening to someone else. Yeah, and the other one. You know how I love to do a little montages of things I've noticed you saying, like you always saying totally, totally, totally, or one of you saying good call, good call, good call. I've done another montage. Oh and something I've noticed but it's not just you. Funny that, it's not just you. It's something we're both guilty. I have been guilty of this whole fucking series, right.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous both in our final episode. Let's not point fingers it just me, that'll be nice.
Speaker 6: So do you know which one you want to hear first?
Speaker 8: I want to hear the last one, the.
Speaker 6: One calling us out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, any longer got Bradley, Oh, Bradley's wearing a little hat.
Speaker 6: Oh Bradley all for our last episode? A beautiful vo guy with the Injam orchestra. Are you ready brad let's gape?
Speaker 10: Is it just me?
Speaker 6: Are we over active listeners? Sometimes?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 9: Yah?
Speaker 6: We've seen those memes about the overactive listeners where the person's leaning in really intently and going m m the pressure out like they're nodding and going yeah yeah yeah. We do that a lot, do we, especially when we're interviewing people. We've had many gorgeous guests on this podcast, and we can never just let them do. It's like we have to assure them that we're still there in unison with That's a good thing.
Speaker 1: It means we're in sane.
Speaker 6: Do you want to hear this is just from Kate lang Brooks episode last week? Do you want to hear our overactive listening? Yes, I've muted Kate's Mike.
Speaker 11: This is us yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yes, yeah yeah yeah yeah oh yeah it's not real.
Speaker 1: Yeah oh totally yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah hmm yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I think you get are you double not at all? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I defend this. Our job is to is to remain active and be involved in the conversation, and it also keeps things going because I wonder if those yes and arms and the ears weren't there, if it would still flow naturally.
Speaker 6: I suppose, like it is just very natural and conversational to do that. But then part of me also things you do ain't here, Tracy grit Michaud doing that shit? Do you how many other interviews out there just sit there going yeah, yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: One on sixty minutes.
Speaker 6: But also it would kind of feel a bit creepy as the guests if we just sat there in silence searing at.
Speaker 1: Them, Yes, it would.
Speaker 6: And also I'm not really the best with eye contact anyway, so I wouldn't be searing at them. I'd do the to assure them I'm still it. Don't worry guys, I'm still here.
Speaker 1: But it's also a nice subliminal way of being like, hey, this story is good, I understand, keep going, right, because if we see that, I wanted to keep going.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: See that's right. Well that's a fun little thing. For anyone that's planning to binge the series again. Any guests episodes. Just keep an ear out every time we overactive. Listen, take a sip every time we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, should we have any more guests, but we should do the opposite, just for fun.
Speaker 6: No, do a type it's no, all right, Okay that was a good edgym.
Speaker 1: Do another one.
Speaker 6: Okay, you're ready for the other one? Bradley, Sorry, mate, I need you again?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 6: Would you fucking hate to be publicly shamed in traffic? I've never been publicly shamed, neither of I thankfully. But you know, when you're driving through the tunnel and they've got that technology where they can interrupt what's on the radio and do like announcements. They might say, everyone in the left lane, there's been an accident or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was driving through the Eastern Distributed Tunnel the other day and they were calling out just one particular vehicle and they were playing this over and over on loop. It kept interrupting my favorite radio show, The pick.
Speaker 1: Up, obviously the remainder of the week.
Speaker 6: And because they kept playing on Loop. But our theory run a voice memo, I want to hear it It sounds really creepy and eerie this announce but this is what was playing on Loop ready.
Speaker 12: Attention. Attention is the Eastern Distributor control room with a message directed to the driver of the truck traveling northbound that just entered the Eastern Distributor. Your vehicle has struck overhyd detection devices. You must stop now and await the arrival of the incident response crew. If your vehicle has avoided contact, you are directed to use the next exit. Details of your vehicle have been recorded, and severe penalties may be imposed.
Speaker 6: If you with that truck drive, wouldn't you be like, fuck, You'd be mortified, especially because the overhype truck thing like is a rookie era.
Speaker 1: You should know how tall your truck is if it's going to fit inside the tunnel.
Speaker 6: But also that announcement, they weren't sure whether they had actually struck the tunnel, all right, So you have the technology to take his license details and call him out, but you don't have the technology to tell whether we actually hit the tunnel or not.
Speaker 1: The technology exists to broadcast over the radio. Stop what is being played. Shut up, Mitch, Jerry Brittany and Laura.
Speaker 6: He said option A. If you did hit the tunnel, stop option B. Get the fuck out. We'll just figure out whether it happened or not. Yeah, you know, my neighbor runs the Eastern Distributor tunnel. That really it's not him, but it's his job to manage the tunnel. Imagine how much fun they would have those announcers on, like April Fool's Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to the driver of.
Speaker 6: The red Manster three, there's a man in the boot of your car. My god, he's got a gun.
Speaker 1: Imagine we see the body to the red Honda Jazz pull to the side.
Speaker 6: Police root, there's a bomb in your booter.
Speaker 1: Fatty in the thirty Stop peeling your eggshells out the window. Sorry, sorry, that's me.
Speaker 6: Imagine if the truck driver did hit that tunnel. Yeah, and after they pointed it out to him, he was like, sorry, tunnel.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, tick that off the bucket list, final the literal sorry tunnel, Sorry tunnel.
Speaker 6: Well, which are those few gyms? Did you like better?
Speaker 1: That was better that.
Speaker 6: You just dive that with you to be bad, they said to me. To the driver of the extra, what the fuck you do?
Speaker 1: Totally excuse me, To the driver of the astro. I'm not sure if you're a girl or a boy. However, please it's so good? All right, what do you got Mitchell? You're never going to do an gym again?
Speaker 6: Weird? I hadn't even factored that in.
Speaker 1: You're never going to do one again?
Speaker 6: Now maybe not never transform And it's gonna have to spam everyone now on the social media, and.
Speaker 1: When I do it in my real life it's such a laugh too.
Speaker 6: I noticed that you started saying is it just me? On the fly to people who definitely don't listen. Dost think you're weirdest? I do it as a joke on the pickup you hit it all the time. Do it as a joke.
Speaker 1: No one gives a ship because it's like that. People would just think, why didn't you just say?
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Fly?
Speaker 6: Okay? Well are you ready for is it just me? You're a final one? Does the correct your final one?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: It doesn't.
Speaker 1: I had so many stupid ones? Is it just me? You never check your letterbox? That's not a last gym? Is it just me? Should vest be more popular? Stupid?
Speaker 6: Well? You can do too if you want. I just did too.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe, well, let's see how this one goes yeah, sure, okay, because this is the age that I would do if the show wasn't done and we were doing a regular week, because we're gonna get to this episode it on about sadness. Sorry, here we go, go over it, Bradley, Is it just me? It was Black Friday this year an absolute scam?
Speaker 6: What I mean?
Speaker 1: What happened other days where you could get a full o LED TV for eighty bucks?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I didn't notice any bargains that I had to jump out.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: People used to got a wall for Black Friday. People had bats and they'd smash down glass at Target and they'd line up for hours. Remember the news Black Friday. People are lining up and it was Tuesday getting in ahead of the pack.
Speaker 6: There was a stampede.
Speaker 1: There were stampede. You could get such good deals for Black Friday.
Speaker 6: I did feel like this year was a bit of a flash in the pans.
Speaker 8: And then Cyber Monday, Oh it existed.
Speaker 6: Is there any difference between SYB and Monday and Black Friday? Is it the same ship, the same thing, It's the exact same thing.
Speaker 1: I'm an idiot, and I thought Cyber Monday. I wanted to get a hard drive because I've been sensationally fired. So I'm trying to get all my audio and stuff off for the Kiss system, for the archive and correct. So I had to buy a four ter about hard drive. Mitchell helped me, and when we were driving a Boging Gate it was Black Friday, so we were scrolling and there was just like, no good deal on tech.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're a bit of a tit ass, mind you.
Speaker 1: Well, I just I just yet know. If I'm going to spend a lot of money, I want it to be right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like to investigate as well. And I got to compare dot com and look at all the options.
Speaker 6: God, that's a lot of fucking effort dot Com.
Speaker 1: And if the message one of the texts who works here? He said, mate, wait till Cyber Monday. All the cyber stuff's on sale. I'm like, oh, cyber Monday rolls around same price, same. Yeah, it's all the same. And there was no stampede, there was no rush, there was no shadowed glass.
Speaker 6: I'm not interested in partaking in any of that irl shopping chaos, like the boxing day sales you always see on the news, people lighting up eighties. I'm like, oh god, I can't think of anything worse.
Speaker 1: I love it that, I love it. There is, Mitchell. There is something so fun and christmasy about going to Westfield the night before Christmas. I love the love, the chaos I of people running around. I love getting that last little gift and knowing that the lady behind me can't get it. Can I got it for my auntie. Yeah, I went to Kukai and I got her flat that she wanted, bitch, but.
Speaker 6: Took the day before. That would be so stressful because there's no guarantee they want to sol it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's the fun that you got to find something else, you know. When I worked at Cole's, my favorite shift was was the couple of the week leading up to Christmas, because everyone is happy but also anxious and workers off and everyone's.
Speaker 6: Enjoy people being anxious. No, that's not that, it's just like I love working with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why we've worked all these years on the fly.
Speaker 6: By the way, Yeah, this is going back to the whole name of it, like Black Friday not actually being a day, it's basically a week. I think happy hour should be a fucking hour. An hour, Yeah, an hour for a reason, on that note, did you know that sometimes Kyle and Jackie Oh's Hour of Power goes for two hours.
Speaker 1: That's surely an hour.
Speaker 6: It's an hour?
Speaker 1: No, I agree? Oh, well, good is you? I mean, what was my other one? My other one was more sentimental.
Speaker 6: I'll go on as well.
Speaker 1: Bradley, all right, go Bradley girl?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Do you not even remember who you were five years ago? I know what you mean, Like I am the same person, But looking at videos and watching old stuff, did you do a little bit of a deep dive? Yeah, idea?
Speaker 6: Do you want to feeling sentimentally?
Speaker 1: Of course, I because we were posting so much content from bogan Gate, which Mitch tirelessly added, So kudos to Mitch pumped out that those content. I mean, of course I had to start and it, yes, and that was exhausting. But I was showing Steven some old clips and I was looking back scrolling down on the grid on Instagram, and we haven't done so much together for five years. It is actually insane how different we were five years ago.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, there's going to be a lot in that obituary that we're going to play. Yeah, that voice that sound different, I think I sound annoying as fuck?
Speaker 1: Do you really I would have spoken so quickly.
Speaker 6: So Also, notice this is a big call. This is a dramatic way of phrasing it. But like, this podcast has cured some things that I used to be anxious about. Really, Like you know how some people find it really weird to hear a recording of their voice. Yeah, they'll be like, oh my god, is that what I sound like? If they hear a recording of them talking. That's gone out the window. I hear myself talk all the time now with all the fucking editing I do, that's no longer a thing. And also I used to have this weird thing where if I said my own name out loud, it sounded weird to me, like saying Mitch Mitchell. I'd be like, oh god, it's so weird saying my own name. But I'm over that now because I have to say it to you all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, true. I hated women when this podcast happened, and Jenny, you've really solidified that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, is it just me?
Speaker 8: You can follow the show online just search a couple of mitches.
Speaker 6: If you don't, you're a dickhead.
Speaker 9: Shot.
Speaker 4: What have you done?
Speaker 6: I was having such fun on the street with me.
Speaker 8: My right here.
Speaker 6: Said just me, listen too, just me?
Speaker 13: Sorry that your.
Speaker 7: Just me?
Speaker 13: Please?
Speaker 6: That's my story rating, Brady is just me?
Speaker 1: Just me?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 8: I think that's my favorite.
Speaker 1: That's good. Wait.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I'm going down this rabbit hole. We've got to kill time. You weren't here in the last episode when we were in bogen Gate.
Speaker 1: Oh we missed you.
Speaker 8: I missed it.
Speaker 1: There was a sheep there though, that was crying for a teat, so it did remind me of.
Speaker 6: You missed one of the other sweepers that I played, and I reckon this one is my favorite Lane calender.
Speaker 8: Okay, you're missing too?
Speaker 6: Is it just me? The podcast?
Speaker 5: Leave the review better be five stars, five fucking stars.
Speaker 6: That's my babe.
Speaker 1: That is very good. We went on to discuss that we'd all except for Stephen fuck Mark Ronson, you fuck mirk Ronson.
Speaker 8: Potentially Jano.
Speaker 6: That costume is starting to look real on Comfy? Are you sure there's no pressure to keep it on?
Speaker 8: I want it on?
Speaker 1: Do you ever happy?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 1: Just pop the fucker?
Speaker 4: Don't you watch it?
Speaker 6: I thought you were going to say, clip it into place, so it stops sliding around her father.
Speaker 1: It's a fucking voltaou back is protruded.
Speaker 6: Okay, so now it's time to do our very last Is it just you? Caller? O? My god, no pressure on the person we're about to buz.
Speaker 1: I will say, there's no point giving you the mobile number because unfortunately the credit will run out and you won't be able to receive the messages. However, just so we can hear the dolcet tones one more time, this is the number that you could have text if you wanted to feature on the show. Oh far to Tonio zero two night.
Speaker 6: Oh how's that number? They're going to be getting texts and random for years ago. If we don't keep paying for it, it will expire that it's.
Speaker 1: Going to be some old dot Wiggans type who's going to get hello?
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Or does anal stimulation work better than baginal?
Speaker 6: We just get this text me and like, Hi, Mitch's the year is twenty thirty and I'm just reminiscing about the good times we had in this person's like wrong number, chik, Sorry about that?
Speaker 1: All right? Today we're going to Penrith in Western Sydney. We're going to talk to Shari last is it just you call it? There was a there was like a this is the attack that I wanted for back Friday. There was some sort of hord people wanted to get on for the final Legitum. Hello, hi, Mitch, MiG and Jenna. You're our last ever caller on the show.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, hid Hi babe, what are you up to today? Darlin?
Speaker 14: Working? Actually?
Speaker 6: Ah, you poor Barger. You're just taking a quick lunch break for us.
Speaker 14: Yes, I am already told my boss, So I'm letting you know whenever I get a phone ring, I am moving out of my office.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: What do you do for work? After your year in Sync?
Speaker 14: I do administration role, So I'll work for a building company and we take care of all of the work orders we receive from strata managers.
Speaker 6: Oh cool, sounds boring, no offense, Yeah.
Speaker 14: Honestly it is because strata managers are a bit.
Speaker 6: It's just something about the word strata manager that made my skin cross.
Speaker 1: Well. Having our show, I guess, has been a little reprieve for you. How long have you listened? Give us the story of Jim So.
Speaker 14: The first episode I listened to was the missing budget episode.
Speaker 6: Ah, that was really early on, and you tried to get me to prank call someone who had put up a poster for a missing budget yeah, and be like I've got it. I was like, what, Well, that's funny, that's cool.
Speaker 1: I think I wanted to know. I wanted to do that. Yeah, I don't really remember why.
Speaker 14: That was the big hustle where you kept on blaming Jennet for coming up with your idea, and Jenny kept on blaming jury, and it turned into a big thing.
Speaker 6: I found a sturd doesn't matter whose idea it was, but both of you knew, and so the other didn't say are you sure about that? I was like, yeah, this is fine.
Speaker 8: I didn't know about it.
Speaker 1: You knew about it.
Speaker 6: I didn't know regardless.
Speaker 1: Whether or not it was your idea. You were complicit.
Speaker 6: That's like me, I did not know anything about it.
Speaker 1: And guess what, Palm sugar, the buddy is still missing.
Speaker 6: Why would you bring down the moon like that?
Speaker 3: Dead? Do you know?
Speaker 8: I'm even more depressed?
Speaker 1: All right, well, now this is our last ever? Is it just me? So you're all together? Last time, Bradley, last time? When here, Bradley, would you would you say there's pressure, Charie or No.
Speaker 14: I did feel a little bit of pressure, But I think what I'm going to say is going to hit the nail on the heads to a lot of the idiots.
Speaker 6: O Doug, Well, are you ready to go?
Speaker 14: Bub I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Let's go, Bradley, last time ever, brad when you're ready? Bradley?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 14: Is this podcast better than drugs?
Speaker 9: And Dick?
Speaker 6: Well, it would be a bit obnoxious of us to agree and add it to our list of things better than drugs? And check?
Speaker 14: I agree, Well, it's on top of my list.
Speaker 6: I really argue, Ken, I have to pop that on the list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have to list. You know what, Actually, Shari, we should Why don't we collate the list of things better than drugs and Deck can do an official review and close off the list.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah. People have been asking it's like, oh, you should do a coffee table book. But what they don't realize is that in the back of my mind this whole time, I thought I would always reveal the full list in the final episode. Wow, should we go through it now?
Speaker 1: Shari? Are you happy if we do that?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 14: Definitely, go for it.
Speaker 8: Let's do it.
Speaker 6: It used to just be guests so that we had on the podcast and we'd ask them for a little pleasure in life. They appreciate because we don't want our listeners getting obsessed with partying and boys.
Speaker 8: Do we know?
Speaker 6: It used to just be the guests, but people have been adding to it randomly, like the Steven's on there, what did he ad hot coffee in the morning, Dean Salami, and then Justin and Campden last week added vagina Yeah.
Speaker 1: Which I regret matting it on Jenny you were missed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, shall we go through this together? Everyone?
Speaker 1: Let's go things better than drugs and dick.
Speaker 6: So I'll start with the drag race down at a season two queens. We've got a few from them. Spanky Jackson said, KFC, you still get to suck on something, but you don't get an aftertaste, and there's no shame if you find a bit left over in your tits.
Speaker 12: Ye.
Speaker 6: Mini Cooper said, having a hay you account to watch all the real house I've especially Salt Lake City.
Speaker 1: Minni clearly had a sponsorship at the time.
Speaker 6: Hannah Conda said The Wizard of Oz that's her comfort movie. Ruby T's back in the early day. She also said getting the aft delivered after a big night out on street Ruby. Miss Sophie Monks said Jimmy Brings is better than drugs and Dick.
Speaker 1: I think she was the face of Jimmy Brisleys.
Speaker 6: At the time, so that was also a bit of sponsorship happened in there. Kenneth Langbrook said, eating streaky bacon in bed, gird your pleasure, Jet's Mailboy, the feeling of walking barefoot on grass.
Speaker 8: I asked her that didn't Why did you ask.
Speaker 6: Her that because she interviewed Jet's Mailboy.
Speaker 1: Oh you?
Speaker 6: Christinhal said gardening, but there's not much better than Dick. That's what he said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to say the same thing.
Speaker 6: Jack Vigeon said, sobriety five am starts and writing a gratitude.
Speaker 1: List, all right, Aged, Well don't you like that.
Speaker 6: Keenan Lonsdale, do you remember him being on Cherry because I said that he was like possibly the least I guess he said, looking outside with sunshine on your face and seeing a little chipmunk go by, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Can I just say I'm going to out it now? Sorry, worst ever interview on this show.
Speaker 6: They actually wasn't bad.
Speaker 14: You're forgetting tiver Yeah.
Speaker 1: We've already referenced it today. I know he was just high. He was high and he didn't clearly know what was going on. And then he started taking to stare at the sun. It's good for your soul, and I was like.
Speaker 6: Into the sun, what do you mean?
Speaker 8: I think that's bad for you?
Speaker 6: Do you want to hear thy one?
Speaker 1: Did we ask him he hated you?
Speaker 6: He said? He said, doing something that you like the process of which I guess this podcast has been there.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, wise words from Tiverts.
Speaker 6: We had Mary and Morgan from the Ode podcast. They said, taking socks off while you're in bed. No, I love that feeling ever, stealing from the self surve checkout and getting away with it.
Speaker 1: I won't confirm or deny that I can relate to that one.
Speaker 6: Nat pan Feld said cleaning your ears. That's her really satisfying thing today. Abby Chatfield getting the beginnings of an ingrown tone now cut out.
Speaker 1: We had Abby before she was sex positive. Now she'd be like a good anal stretch.
Speaker 6: There was a lot of anal chat in that episode. When Lara G. Marshall from the Saddle Club said oozing lava cake.
Speaker 1: Oh they God, why is that the most appropriate question answer for her?
Speaker 6: It's very innocent, isn't it?
Speaker 1: All the time? I love I think she's just a listener because like Lara J. Marshall, I'm like, oh, yes, I'm listener. No, No, I.
Speaker 6: Love cub and fun fact, that's like one of our most listened to episodes ever.
Speaker 1: A massive fan base for horses and checking.
Speaker 6: I'm not boring you with this list. They're my CHERI I'm nearly no, I.
Speaker 14: Know it's it's actually really great because I actually listened to that episode not one ago, and Uri was not into doing the whole interview for the sutoclop. He goes, this is bloring, I'm not going to like it, and oh sweet, she's nice, And that's just classic toury.
Speaker 1: I was a lot grumpyer in the early days.
Speaker 14: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think you were.
Speaker 1: You don't think I was.
Speaker 14: No, you were always.
Speaker 6: Really that's a new thing.
Speaker 14: There was a lot of unhinged moments with you in the early days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, oh go on, yeah, okay, keep going Roe hit Roy, the busy drink guys, the meditation.
Speaker 1: I like that good pho.
Speaker 6: He it really good melted cheese, said Tony Lodge waited blankets and a good skincare routine. That was reads Nicholson. This one's iconic. Angela Bishop said her water bed. How can we forget driving over the Brooklyn Bridge heading into Manhattan, watching reruns of Sex in the City in your undy's, eating Chinese food and rimming. That was shan' zeps. Emma Horne said anything that involves potatoes and tits better than drugs. Tim Abbott said chock coated Sultan. It's better than drugs than Dick.
Speaker 8: Had to order them about that. It was my bathday gift was to him.
Speaker 6: You're never going to be able to move on from that, are you. She's never going to get over that worthless Twitibbott, he's such a Reuben Kay said, when you haven't started the chalk top before the movie? For darn said green crunchy plums with salt green plum.
Speaker 1: We need to address that interview.
Speaker 6: Did I write that wrong? With green plums? Are things?
Speaker 1: He said that?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: She that was a weird moment for us.
Speaker 6: Simone she said pussy and pasta as in cats, not actually. Jules Rangi, how your way out? Said psychic readings and head massages at the hairdresser Jessica Roseaid at Chiquito Bar while reading her kindle, and then that's it. Charis is out of the last one this podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Suarie, thank you for bringing that to the table.
Speaker 14: Yes, no, it's okay. Look, I just want to say to you guys, thank you for everything for the last five years. You know, it's you know, I'm going to miss all the last and all the unhinged moments and all the live tweets and the sound effair, but I just want to say thank you for everything.
Speaker 6: Honey.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you've been You've made such a massive impact on my life and I'm sure all the indians lives in the last five years and everything you guys have done this podcast, it's been so great, and it's just going to be so appreciative. Like I know, you guys went through so much in the last five years and you did so much dedication and made sure we've got our episodes every week no matter what. And I'm just so grateful and thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Thank you Darling. That was People like you make it all worth it. Honestly, I mean that.
Speaker 14: Oh, thank you. Thank you so much. I mean, I'm sad that you guys are finishing, but I understand why. I think I went through the seventh stage of the grief, you know stage.
Speaker 6: We're still working our way through the stages. That's the hell.
Speaker 1: Still I've been stuck there for a while. Which one sadness. You have anger than sadness.
Speaker 6: I don't think we've gon through anger. Get that'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Maybe that'll kick this episode. That was the voodoo doll that I had.
Speaker 14: I don't think it's really going to hit a lot of this until we actually hear the very last episode.
Speaker 6: It fucking crept up on us. Hey, it went by so quick.
Speaker 14: It's not like you guys just announced that you were finished.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, well, I think, actually no, I like what we did how we announced it them. We still had what six weeks episode.
Speaker 6: Two thirty seven that we announced it.
Speaker 14: So yeah, it still looks like it was just last week. Oh my god, the countdown was serious. But yeah, I just want to say again, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 10: Welcome.
Speaker 6: Honey will still be around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you can get us, you can consume us both. And you know, if you've liked all that boat and gate content, the Mitch and I pumped out the last week like we'll have time to do so much more, you know, exactly in this studio.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but you know what you've got to do, what you guys got to do for yourself. Yeah, this is what you need to do for you. And yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Never know what the future holds, Sari, You never.
Speaker 14: Know exactly, never know.
Speaker 1: Goodbye.
Speaker 6: You're very sweet, surey, thank you.
Speaker 1: We love you, And the same can be said for all the idiots. I mean, god like, so grateful, so be ungrateful. I'm sure we we love you. You get the final ever, is it just me, umbrella?
Speaker 6: Yeah, make sure you flick price keep you get your address?
Speaker 9: Okay, I will, I will, definitely.
Speaker 14: I can't wait to get that. I'll have braining when I get it.
Speaker 1: We love your Cherie, thanks for listening, Thank.
Speaker 14: You, Thank you, Bye, guys, love.
Speaker 1: You, love you, Hey Tree, Sorry tunnel. One more bucket listening, God lover, Well, let's keep the ship moving. Come on, it's better.
Speaker 6: As you know, we get a lot of people putting their hand up for an visit, just you. We will go through some of the ones we never got around to taking their call. Right now, should we listen to Oscar's obituary for us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so these are the best moments of the whole show over the last five years.
Speaker 6: Haven't heard you don't know that he could have done a sturdy I don't think you would have This is the final roping report from Oscar. She would just dive right and take a listen.
Speaker 1: So I've not heard it? Has Jenna heard this?
Speaker 3: Have you?
Speaker 1: Jenna? Okay? So it's a bit of a marathon, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Well, we've just got so many best bits, don't we.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's do it.
Speaker 6: Bear in mind that you guys are allowed to sing out and say wait, pause, and we're going off a common true Okay, okay, yeah, okay, were ready to go mad? Here it is.
Speaker 5: Hello idiots, for one final time, it's roving Reporter.
Speaker 3: Oscar here today.
Speaker 5: I'm bringing you the official open bitchery of Is It Just Me?
Speaker 3: The podcast?
Speaker 8: Is it really?
Speaker 5: The First things First, let's take you back to where it all began in that first episode five years ago.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the.
Speaker 6: Very first episode of either Just Me. Let Me tell you people how this is gonna work?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: We kick off each show with an easy just Me each We haven't told each other what it's going to be because, oh my god, I see what I mean about my voice being high pitched and annoying, Like, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: I was honestly just thinking, when did we have jojo s We're on?
Speaker 6: Sorry, we're Oh my god, oh we're here.
Speaker 5: Let's revisit the very first ITCHM.
Speaker 3: That was ever featured on this podcast? Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Is going to restaurants a great way to make friends? What do you mean like going up to cafe and just finding people that are sitting by themselves. This isn't people in the restaurant, This is staff, maybe thirty to forty people in my Instagram followers, Liz I have meant because they've been serving me food at restaurants.
Speaker 6: Is that the prerequisite of being your friend you have to be serving you.
Speaker 1: The food has to be involved somehow.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, there, that could have been one for Jenna's junk just quietly.
Speaker 5: Anyway from the absolute get go, Combs and Chury really set the tone of how fucking stupid this podcast was going to be. In episode one, Jury introduced a segment called Coughing Fit Chick.
Speaker 3: The aim of the game praying call.
Speaker 5: Someone break out into a coughing fit and see how long it takes them to hang up. The first victim, esteemed broadcaster and a mentor to both Mitchers, Ben Fordham, Poor bastard.
Speaker 1: I just want to get a little bit of your advice. I have a question with.
Speaker 3: You're right, bitch, dude, bring me back?
Speaker 9: What then?
Speaker 1: No, mate?
Speaker 3: He hung on the most awkward things in the early episodes of season one when.
Speaker 5: You discovered that there's a particular word that Jerry can't say properly, and it was the viral TikTok of this very moment that is the reason many of you idiots discovered this show and are still listening today.
Speaker 1: It's like when you're in bed and you can hear a mosquito up near Blian, but you can't do anything.
Speaker 6: You say blions Bians, do you think that there's two syllables and blinds?
Speaker 1: Blian's keep the sun out in your measure room.
Speaker 6: It's one syllable blinds.
Speaker 10: You're like bians blind blinds.
Speaker 1: There's only one syllable blind I'm doing one syllable Blian.
Speaker 3: What else do you say?
Speaker 1: Wrong?
Speaker 6: Do you say, oh, that's all fully Kai and oh no, I.
Speaker 1: Really don't mind, sir, I'm your surgeon. You've broken your spy and my what your spy? And has snapped in two?
Speaker 10: I parked illegally. Hope, I don't get a pagan.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, Third Wheel Jenna also has a word she can't say properly.
Speaker 8: I think he's a bold guy.
Speaker 1: What now bold?
Speaker 6: When someone has no hair, they are bored. I can't say bold, really bold.
Speaker 4: It's like saying, oh, I haven't played bowling.
Speaker 10: On the weekend and night bold? Can I tell you?
Speaker 6: It was a very special day when my niece was a few months old. I was there to witness the first time she crawled.
Speaker 5: Now, who could forget When we first discovered Cherry's love of embellishing Combs overheard him say this when he was interviewing international singing.
Speaker 1: Star Now, how are you liking Australia? So good to have you? It's been amazing man and the other show everybody, he's really nice here, like very genuinely nice, which is really sweet and really good coffee and really good food. How coots the coffee in Australia? I'm in that la to the coffee in LA like water down dirt water?
Speaker 3: Sorry? What was that? In and out of LA? How couds the coffee in Australia? I'm in that law?
Speaker 6: Do you figure you're in and out of LA?
Speaker 1: I was trying to sound cool and relating him. You were trying to sound like you had a holiday house permanently set up over there.
Speaker 5: No one believed, and so Cam's being the bitch he is. He got Loud on the podcast to set the record straight.
Speaker 1: You Loud, you seem like someone who values honesty?
Speaker 6: Am I correct?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: No, Okay, I just need to ask you Loud.
Speaker 6: When someone says to you, I'm in and out of LA, what sort of person do you picture?
Speaker 1: I feel like somebody's got like multiple houses and multiple places. You got like a penthouse New York City. He lives with his parents in the shy Aloud. He's downstairs in their townhouse. He's a total loser.
Speaker 6: Last time I asked him if you wanted to hang out, he said, I'll have to ask my mom. He not cool, he's not rocking low.
Speaker 3: You guys are amazing. Honestly, I talked to so.
Speaker 1: Many different radio hosts and you guys are like legit really funny.
Speaker 5: Now to another moment where a beautiful inside joke was born. Sorry Tunnel, It's the perfect way to abruptly end a phone call. And no surprise, Kons came up with this idea when he was stoned off his tints.
Speaker 10: Sorry done, Oh my god, I say, sorry Tonnel, text hey hello and have a bit of a chat.
Speaker 1: How baked were you there?
Speaker 6: You remember you called.
Speaker 1: Me and said jump online?
Speaker 6: Opposite you were giving a home studio during lockdown and you said answer this zoom now sent me a link and I was like, I'm not in a good way, but you were just like showing off your home studio and I was like, you know what you should do?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: I forget who we even called? Roll it again, go back?
Speaker 6: It was NASA from Maths. We call such a critain, such a random person.
Speaker 10: Carry on? Can I say sorry Donnel, hello and have a bit of a chat.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Tunnel, how a mate? Great from over?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 15: Where do people think we recorded from?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: Who could forget? Back in the days when Mitchell Coombs was very single and his love life was fucking tragic.
Speaker 1: I've had countless people lead me on and then just not be interested.
Speaker 5: Cherry, being a gorgeous friend, wanted to cheer Combs up, so we offered to prank call one of the fuckhead men.
Speaker 3: Who were ghosted Combs.
Speaker 1: Would it make me feel better if I prank call one of them?
Speaker 5: And that's when a much loved character on the podcast, Dot Wiggins was born.
Speaker 10: Heard my name is Dot Wiggins.
Speaker 1: Call it from the RTA.
Speaker 10: How are you today the RTA, Yes, Rose Traffic.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid that there's an unregistered vehicle in your name sitting on Cherry Bottom av and it will either be told or you can come and claim in the next twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: I'm just giving you a courtesy call.
Speaker 1: My dear speak to.
Speaker 9: The RTA, and what's happening with that?
Speaker 14: I am I don't know that you actually are because you sound a bit old.
Speaker 1: Peg your pardon? So what's not Captle d d O T Wiggins?
Speaker 16: Oh, t.
Speaker 1: Im, Sorry, he won't mess with you again.
Speaker 6: He doesn't drive what Sydney gaze that fits this aereotype can't ride these days.
Speaker 5: Chury cops a lot of ship for bringing too much smart to the show, but let's not forget Coons used to overshare about his sex life too, Like that time he was taking andy depressants, which.
Speaker 3: Made it hard to get well hard.
Speaker 6: So the doctors were like, hey, with your antidepressant, we're going to give you some viagres just in case you have problems in the bedroom. And I thought, great, I'm twenty fucking four years old and I'm already taking viagra.
Speaker 5: Naturally, Churry was very curious to hear if the viagra was helping Coombs crack a fat, so every single fucking episode he'd asked for another viagra update.
Speaker 1: I did take it on one hook up and it didn't kick any time. I didn't know that you made to take viagara one hour before activity.
Speaker 6: So after he was gone, I was red.
Speaker 3: And after some trial and error, I believe you are had it.
Speaker 10: On with the listener of the podcast.
Speaker 13: He fucked an listener.
Speaker 1: How did it?
Speaker 5: Gomish?
Speaker 6: The viagara worked a treat.
Speaker 5: Mitch Nich and Jenna have shared a lot of milestones with their idiots on the podcast, including Jury moving out of home for the first time, and having to do his own chores like laundry and he just didn't do.
Speaker 1: You mind washing? What the fuckers are small? And it's like, should we do the smiles? I was like, what which means undis and socks.
Speaker 6: Your small still aren't small?
Speaker 3: Thank god the fat shaming stopped.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's really.
Speaker 5: The team also celebrated many a birthday and Christmas together. Who could ever forget the time Jenna did an entire Christmas episode from inside a coffin.
Speaker 6: Jenna's going to be in the coffin for the rest of the show unless he taps out.
Speaker 3: Is this ethical? Oh?
Speaker 6: Now you bring that up.
Speaker 3: You've committed that.
Speaker 6: I assumed we wouldn't actually do it.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 8: Well, it's very comfy, nice and supportive, so thank you, caring funerals.
Speaker 6: That conscience is telling me that this is just so wrong.
Speaker 5: And because Jury and Combs are not only a couple of mitches but also a couple of fucking smart asses. They just left the room with Jenna stuck in a bloody coffin?
Speaker 8: Did everyone leave? It's really shut now? They both screwed it in. All the lights are off now, so I can't see anything good stuff the coffin wasn't enough.
Speaker 5: Jenna also did an entire episode from inside a bin.
Speaker 1: Mitch, did you get all the.
Speaker 6: Maggots out from the bottom? There we go?
Speaker 8: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I can hear you can hear, Jenna.
Speaker 6: You can leave it open if you want to. Let that go on record.
Speaker 1: Let the record note that I don't want you going off to bitch to hr about yuck.
Speaker 5: Of course, who could forget on Combs's birthday when Churry surprised him with one of the stars from his favorite TV show, Mcloud's Fucking Daughters, best known for her role as Tess on Mcloud's Daughters, Ladies and Gentlemen, Brady Carter is here.
Speaker 14: Happy, Happy birthday.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Ridy. Wow, this is amazing. Can I ask why did you leave? Because the show was kind of shit after your left?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Why did I leave?
Speaker 6: Becausing, pausing. I love that I said the show was shit, and she goes, oh, never said no, it wasn't. She did agree, yeah, carrying on the show was kind of shit after your left.
Speaker 2: Oh why did I leave? Because I was filming till I was nearly eight months pregnant, and then I was back filming sort of when he was five weeks old, and you know, I was a little bit bant out.
Speaker 5: Of course, there's no way we could look back on the iconic guests without reliving the time they interviewed that grizzly old fuck John Laws, the.
Speaker 3: Legend of talk back radio himself.
Speaker 10: Do you still smoke if you quit?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I quit Asiah?
Speaker 10: Okay, would you like to try vape?
Speaker 1: That's bloody stupid.
Speaker 6: Why would you take up something that is going to be addictive and expensive?
Speaker 3: I think that I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're young and stupid.
Speaker 5: Now, while we're talking about iconic moments, what about the time that Roving Reporter Oscar compared which rug stores have the best smelling rugs?
Speaker 3: Well, we finally made it to Okha.
Speaker 5: To be quite honest, it hasn't been a good Morgan because it smells like high crapper. If there's one thing the Mitches have proven, it's that they're a triple threat.
Speaker 1: They can sing and nobody barely.
Speaker 4: Us a wizard that there is or was is.
Speaker 1: They can act.
Speaker 6: So if it's our version of Rosa's rescue scene in Titanic, Jack, Jack.
Speaker 16: I don't know what the email, come back.
Speaker 13: Back bad, shout the fuck off they see.
Speaker 5: Of course they can dance, but this is audio on Lisa. You'll just have to take my fucking word for it. All right, After years of moaning and groaning, about his tragic love life.
Speaker 3: Finally, Coombs found his prince charming.
Speaker 1: Hello, she's now in a relationship.
Speaker 6: He's being shocked like I didn't want to say too much to it was official, but I can tell you his name is Sean leg I'm ensconced.
Speaker 5: Not only did the Mitch to share their highs, also they're lows.
Speaker 1: You probably have noticed on this show or even online or socials. I haven't been posting about my relationship much. I will just say that we're no longer together. We've broken up. I'm just such a fucking sap I hate Do you want to cry?
Speaker 6: Oh, sweetie, give.
Speaker 10: It's a cattle.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't have to have no lie.
Speaker 5: But of course, because Cherry is such a fucking catch.
Speaker 3: It wasn't long before.
Speaker 5: The gorgeous Saint Stephen arrived.
Speaker 13: Idiots, it's J's new mystery man.
Speaker 1: His name is Stephen.
Speaker 6: I'm crying already.
Speaker 1: Why am I crying?
Speaker 6: Just about Stephen?
Speaker 1: He's just so cute, that's so beautiful. I don't know why I'm crying. I think it's all of it.
Speaker 6: Wait to hear this bit. Okay, it's J's new mystery man.
Speaker 1: His name is Stephen. He's beautiful, he's so gorgeous and so cute. He's so sweet.
Speaker 3: Thank fuck, what an upgrade.
Speaker 1: Thank god, somebody gripped. Yeah, love it?
Speaker 6: Carrying on it? You need a moment?
Speaker 1: No, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 6: We haven't got long left, okay, right.
Speaker 4: And just as both Mitchell's found love, they decided.
Speaker 5: To break all of our fucking hearts with this bombshell.
Speaker 6: After five years of Is It just Me, we've decided that we won't be coming back next here. We're certainly not leaving because we don't love it anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we have gone through so much partners, love, heartbreak.
Speaker 8: I got a cat med cheers to Connie.
Speaker 3: And so that's it.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's really fucking over.
Speaker 1: After building a wonderful community of idiots over their.
Speaker 5: Two hundred and fifty five episodes, Is It just Me is today saying I'm up one last time. And I would just like to say a huge thank you to Mitchell Coombs and Mitch Chury for having me come on for the last few seasons. It's been an honor and a pre fledge to be a part of this show. I love you very much.
Speaker 3: And Jenna and Sam too. Misfits.
Speaker 5: I love you both, and you idiots have embraced me and my fat ass and I cannot express how grateful.
Speaker 3: And appreciative I am for all of you.
Speaker 5: And now for one last time, I guess this has been roving reporter Oscar. Back to your slats in the studio.
Speaker 1: Why, oh wow, that's so sweet. Oh I loved that, very emotional.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I gotta give it. Actually I don't have to. I want to because we paid for it. I want to give a shout out to Don from USA who put that together. It's a fucking audio wizard.
Speaker 1: Amazing best there is in this country. That was so.
Speaker 6: Honestly, can we just rewind that bit here where he goes and that effect on the end, Oh, that nearly I haven't cried yet, but that nearly got me.
Speaker 3: Just that. Back to your slats in the studio.
Speaker 1: The echo, the moisture on that kiss.
Speaker 6: Wow, was there anything in that little bitch rare that you'd forgotten had happened?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Everything? Everything? The rug sniffing is the most recent thing, and I forgot that.
Speaker 6: I think the Titanic thing might have been the most recent.
Speaker 8: Really, you gifted us gifts from the museum I.
Speaker 6: Went to Titanic form in like fifth that was this year. Yeah, Tyler Swift and see for me that was like three years ago. My fastic of time is so off. Oh my god, God, we sounded so young, Mitch. I don't hate it.
Speaker 1: I hate it. We were kids.
Speaker 6: It's not like I'm rugged and masculine now. But joseps he needed fucking punch in the threat that.
Speaker 1: Kids like performing so much more. I know we were putting on a version of ourselves that I think we thought we had to.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now we we just stran things up and nunch but now we've just sort of settled relaxed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we've grown up exactly. That was beautiful.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you for having a Porto oscar. We've loved your contributions to the podcast too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, Chilgen and we have to say contracept you've diaphragm Sam for the early seasons when we had our.
Speaker 8: Sam Misfits and oh yeah the Misuits Misfits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, shout out to Samy for his time on the show. Wow. That was emotional.
Speaker 6: All right, huh, but we're not done yet. We've got plenty more to get through, should we keep cracking.
Speaker 1: Yeah's let through, Let's go.
Speaker 7: It's just Me a podcast by a couple of mitches, Mitch, Mitchell, Jenna.
Speaker 10: It is Bridy Carter here.
Speaker 2: I just want to send you all my love and congratulations on everything that you've done. And it's a massive achievement creating a podcast and being in it. And I believe that podcast is ending, which might be a great relief because it's been a lot of work after many years, or it might be with great sadness. I'm not sure anyway, whichever is happening. It's really good for change to happen and to get onto new things and clear some space for new dreams to come in.
Speaker 1: So I hope that's happening.
Speaker 2: Or whatever your plans are, if you have some more none, I'm sure good things shall come to pass, because that's just what happens in life, isn't it. You just keep moving forward and riding that next big wave, whatever that is.
Speaker 7: Love by wow, oh my God said my name?
Speaker 1: How little she knew about us? Mitches. You guys are ending this as such good friends, or maybe you're not reading this on such a sad note, or maybe it's good.
Speaker 6: I thought it was nice I love that so much.
Speaker 1: I love She's like, you know it doors opens whenever change happens, bigger and better things on the horizon. Didn't she not act again? After Mcloud's Daughters, Bits.
Speaker 6: And Peaces, she was in some Channel seven show with the guy from Back to.
Speaker 1: The Rafts for her. Oh that was beautiful, Thank you so much, I claimed Variety.
Speaker 6: Carter, Jenna, how are you feeling? Are you? Are you feeling like a little rummage right now?
Speaker 8: I'm full?
Speaker 6: We better unpacked some of dunk. Yes, let's guy.
Speaker 3: Let's take a peek at Jenna's junk.
Speaker 1: Shall we?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 6: Jen's junk normally is where mine and Churi's shited gems go to die, because we're like, we're not going to bring that up on the podcast. It's not that interesting a talking point.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of ideas aren't worthy for the main episode, and.
Speaker 6: Then I get salvaged out of Jenis junk. Today it is the idiot's junk, because, as I've said, we get a lot of people writing in wanting to come on the phone with there is it just me and I would love to get to all of you, but we quiet simply can't, In fact, can I just say, I feel really guilty because, like part of my new diversity of the ADHD, one of the things that comes with that is like rejection sensitivity. And so I feel really bad for anyone out there who's ever sent us the text asking to come on the show and maybe we haven't gotten back to you or haven't been able to line up the schedule. So I just if that had happened to me, I'd reached out to my favorite podcast and it didn't work, i'd feel a bit cut. So everyone out there that's ever sent in it is it just me. It's not because we thought it was shit that we didn't get you one. Sometimes it really is the luck of the draw, isn't it.
Speaker 1: And also I'm the one choosing them, guy, Yeah, inherently very lazy.
Speaker 6: So part of why you choose them because I can't deal with the guilt. I wish I could get everyone.
Speaker 1: On now, I'm fine with it. I don't because no, I'm rational. Like you said, Mitch, there's no rhyme or reason.
Speaker 6: It really is. Just scroll through the text messages, scroll through the Instagram, pick one at random if they're available. Great. We've never looked at a message and thought, No that shit.
Speaker 1: No, never not one.
Speaker 6: So don't be disheartened if we haven't gotten you one. But we've got a bunch to get through. Some that never made it on the show. Let's die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 7: Should things still process on weekends? Like when they say one to three business days packages should also come on weekend?
Speaker 6: I agree? Yeah, I fucking basically work weekends with this podcast. Why can't everyone else? What makes it not a business day?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: But I kind of like the there's a like it's demanded that the weekend is rest like otherwise you're just everyone's beholden to the man. Well, everyone's working for a big companies. Like I think it's nice that two days off is a universal thing for God's sake.
Speaker 8: By the way, No, that was anonymous.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, yeah, all right, didn't put their name with it, all right.
Speaker 7: Next one, Jess says, are ladies called Sue either the sweetest people alive or absolute mole.
Speaker 6: Ladies called Sue? I don't know if I've met any ladies called Sue. We'll bring to mind.
Speaker 1: I only have a really sweet suit. She's a family friend. Okay, she's really she's so sweet, like very kind.
Speaker 6: Oh, wait, I have met a sue. She was gorgeous at my bugging out comedy show. She doesn't need to get to.
Speaker 1: Really yeah yeah, yeah, No, I don't know a mole sue. But I feel like that the same can be said for every name. Yes, Like there's bitches that are mitches and then there's really kind bitch.
Speaker 6: It's just trying to say there's no middle ground, either sweet or sour. Yeah, yeah, like an amaretto sour of course, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, next dive back.
Speaker 8: It's freshly linked cat. The best smell in the world. Yes, ain on.
Speaker 1: Yes, anonymous text? Right, okay, what yes, explain your cat.
Speaker 8: No, when the cat licks themselves and you go and smell it, it smells so good.
Speaker 6: I don't think I've ever noticed that.
Speaker 1: Explain it to Stedge.
Speaker 8: It just smells like just nice and comforting.
Speaker 6: Because I got to say, I don't love the smell of Isabella's breath.
Speaker 1: Is it true that cats are self cleaning like that act? What is it them cleaning up their fur so clean?
Speaker 6: I do still have to brush her to get rid of a lot of the hair, and then I put this leave in shampoos stuff because of a dandruff, so she's not that self.
Speaker 7: Cleaning Connie is I can't. I can't brush her because she thinks it's a game.
Speaker 6: So Connie is fucking insane.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Connie is insane. I'll say it once, I'll say it again. That cat tried to kill me when I came to your house. She went full mission impossible trying to kill me, and even your mom was like, that's abnormal for her.
Speaker 6: So hang on the freshly licked cat. I don't understand how that could smell good because isn't that just their saliva.
Speaker 8: That intertwined with their furs? Just beautiful.
Speaker 1: I don't know why we've taken that clean approach. Could there be a world where this question is actually r rated?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Freshly leaked? Pause?
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe it's dirty.
Speaker 6: Let's dive back in.
Speaker 8: I'm back.
Speaker 7: Is there nothing better than getting into fresh sheets with shaved legs?
Speaker 6: Ah? Yes, I love that feeling.
Speaker 1: I've never had it.
Speaker 6: I really forget about that feeling, and then when it happens, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, yes, it's beautiful.
Speaker 7: So it's from anonymous, but they said, maybe add that to your list of things better than drugs and dick I'm popping that.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, but put it on the last one is us because.
Speaker 6: We've also got our contributions to the list, like the crunch of an apple fresh bed linens already on there. Oh okay, a nice cool breathe beautiful high fiber shit.
Speaker 1: That's They've been quite low fiber recently too. I need to get I need to back up them. Oh dear, all right.
Speaker 7: Next one, Jenna Dan says, is it impossible to get a massage in Sydney without being offered a hand jump?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Yes? Dan?
Speaker 6: We're not saying it is impossible?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, yes Dan, It's possible, he said, Is it possible?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Is it impossible to get a massage of that being offered a hand job in Sydney?
Speaker 1: It's not impossible. I get massages all the time, once a month, and I never get I've never been offered a happy ending.
Speaker 6: I don't think I've ever even had a massage in Sydney. It's more of like a holiday thing I do. I've been thinking of treating myself to one next week. It's like a just finishing the podcast.
Speaker 1: Do you have private health insurance?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You can just claim it on.
Speaker 6: That oh easy. What if they offer me a hand job that's never happened to me. I doubt they would, but.
Speaker 7: Like, I've been to massage places and on the front it's like, we do not offer sexual services.
Speaker 6: Really, yes, they probably have to say that.
Speaker 1: I've had weird experiences in massage parlors. I don't even think I spoke about it on this show, but I didn't know another one. But on this one, on this massage, the lady goes to me, Oh, you remind me of my brother, and I'm like, oh, that's so lovely. When's your brother handsome? Shre He's not handsome, not ugly.
Speaker 6: I'm like, oh, okay, compliment.
Speaker 1: And then she started massaging me and then she went, yeah, here I think he's gay. I was like, really, have you asked him? She's like it's too awkward. Well, how should I ask him? I'm like, Jesus Christ, like love.
Speaker 6: The whole conversation while you've got the head in the hole. Yeah, they're not easy to speaking.
Speaker 7: Jenna would know right now, it's not easy.
Speaker 6: I wonder why Dan keeps getting off with the hand jobs repeatedly.
Speaker 1: Dan, maybe you just erect every massage and it's Okay, are you gorgeous?
Speaker 3: Dan?
Speaker 1: Maybe Dan's like dropped dead gorgeous and people just have to touch his dick, all right? Next one, here we go.
Speaker 8: Do you pull the wrong chord every single time you go to open or close? Are blind?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: I've never got it right in my life.
Speaker 6: If you're putting the blind up, it's the cord closest to you. If you're putting it down, it's the caught at the back. Is that real?
Speaker 1: Because that's blowing my mind.
Speaker 6: If it's true. I don't know every blind it's like that, but that's instinctively what I reach for.
Speaker 1: I just pull whatever lever I can and pray for them to pl Sometimes they go up, but it gives me a real fright.
Speaker 6: Do you know it's worse plugging in a USB? Thanks now, it doesn't matter what where it goes, but an actual USB, the old school one. You're like, uh, wrong way, I'll try again. That's also the wrong way the first one was and get it right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you had to do it at the funeral with the videos that your slide shot and what an ordeal that was?
Speaker 1: How was it? Did you have?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 8: It was a hit and I had to upload the video to YouTube and share at the unlisted lin Oh yeah, because they loved it. I'm getting clients still on the YouTube. Yeah, it went really well with the family.
Speaker 6: Actually treats funerals like it's a gig.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it went really well.
Speaker 1: Best eulogy in the what was a double dubber restate fair right back in the day.
Speaker 7: Here we go, Nancy and Florida says, have you ever parked in a parking lot and the car on either side of you start to back out and you practically have a heart attack thinking that your car is the one that's moved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah, I know what you mean. It's like you're on a roller coaster.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I'm like, wow with my hairbrake on. Yeah, yep, totally.
Speaker 1: I've been there, Nancy, and in Florida too. There'd be some massive trucks and cars that'd be scary.
Speaker 6: You can tell she's from Florida. The whole parking lot.
Speaker 1: And yeah, parking lot. Oh international, All right, do a couple.
Speaker 7: More, Anthea says, do you feel awkward or like you're not allowed to take a sip of your drink when you're at the drive through waiting for your food.
Speaker 1: Yes I do. Yeah, yeah, you can't touch that to you got your full meals? Rue fucking can now you can't. It's it's just the whole meal's not there. You won't have a couple of chips if you have a drink.
Speaker 6: That's a stupid rule to put on yourself. Just have a sleep if you're thirsty. It's a drive through, there's no etiquette.
Speaker 1: I also don't eat my drop my food until I'm like on the highway. I want to eat it when I'm driving. It's actually a red flag with Stephen. When we had our first like drive through date, we got it and then there was a pounder. Oh no, I don't know. We were just eating and driving. Yeah, and I start to eat and open. He's like, what, we're going home. We're going home. He's like, I can't even possibly eat it in the car.
Speaker 6: Actually, he was like that the whole boken Gate trip. Guys, we'll pick up red Rooster, but feel free to eat it in the car so we can just keep making time. But ah, what was it? He doesn't like to he want to, which I feel that because if I eat in the car while I'm driving on a road trip, I'll usually pull over in the next sound just to wash men.
Speaker 1: It would be like a three hour drive with chicken salt on your hands. So I do understand where he's coming from.
Speaker 6: No, totally anymore junk.
Speaker 8: Yep here.
Speaker 7: Catherine says, does it always feel like the radiologist sees the most sinister thing in your body after you have an X ray, but they're not allowed to tell you the result?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you've said that before, haven't I have it? Look how's it looking? They're like, I don't know. I can't tell you.
Speaker 1: They can't tell you. I've had one lady like tilted like a monitor screen, so I can't see what she seen.
Speaker 8: That's scary.
Speaker 1: I also try to interpret it with my non medically trained eye, so I see this is big blob. I'm like a cham and then it comes back it's like Mitch's lung looks great. Oh that's what that is.
Speaker 6: But do the people taking the photos actually know what they're looking at? Can they tell if something wrong? Or is that up to someone else's eyes?
Speaker 1: No, no, it is up to someone else's eyes. They need to get a radio radiologist them as a radiographer, I don't know. And they give you a report. But because you do it day in, day out, and you're trained, they know when there's then there's something that shouldn't be there or something that stands out.
Speaker 6: But they're not allowed to tell you.
Speaker 1: They're not allowed to tell you. And then they're also not allowed to write the report. Someone else writes the report separately.
Speaker 6: Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 1: But it is so scary. I get a lot of imaging done and it is it's frightening, and then for a couple of days it kind of dawns over you. You're like, people know things that I don't know.
Speaker 6: They're talking about me behind my back, talk about my insides, my guns.
Speaker 1: All right, go back here can here we go?
Speaker 7: Katie says, was there always a kid in primary school that needed to be the one that had to have the last clap in assembly?
Speaker 6: I didn't know that was a thing. Yeah, people doing that on purpose. Yeah, it's like you do hear them taper off, and then it's like.
Speaker 1: I have this OCD thing that I do that when I clap, I have to get thirteen claps in and even if it's like a little clap, like people are like, oh nice, I will have to do thirteen. So maybe there's like four that I haven't done.
Speaker 8: I'll be like, I think I've noticed you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I clap a lot.
Speaker 6: Really is it just me on the fly? I actually can't stand clapping. I will give like three, even if it's a fucking standing ovation. I'll just go. Really, everyone else that's got a cabin I don't need to be there fucking exerting myself.
Speaker 1: Everyone had that mentality, there'd be no applause in the world.
Speaker 6: True, And I'm actually I were sending me as a comedian. I just don't clap.
Speaker 1: You want people to clap?
Speaker 6: True?
Speaker 3: All right, what else we got?
Speaker 7: Okay, Rachel says, is the slow lane the fastest because no one moves over anymore?
Speaker 6: Yep, that's actually true.
Speaker 1: Is the slow lane the fastest? Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: Sometimes it is quicker to zip into this low lane, just briefly to overtake someone.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, because the others are clogged. I was behind someone driving so slowly in the fast line, and I thought they mustn't be from this. They mustn't be from here, because in other countries it's the left, like a America, the left fast lanes left. So I'm like, they must be an international traveler.
Speaker 6: I also just hate being in the fast lane and I'm doing the speed limit and then someone behind me gets shitty because they want to go faster. I'm like, it's actually, you're not really meant to go any faster than this. Why are you over taking me and flashing your lights and shiit?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I find people annoying that go exactly the speed limit because you know it's a fast lane. No, you know it's no. But just because you want to go exactly one on it doesn't mean that other people can't go a little bit faster. What about Stephen driving? He just kept screaming whenever they'd be like someone behind him or he'd veer. There were a couple of close calls with Stephen driving on me.
Speaker 6: He was really good at multitasking. He was looking for bloody windmills that he.
Speaker 1: Was trying to find windmills, and he almost bearing off the road. I was like, calm down, I know he did. I'm like, Stephen, stop veering.
Speaker 6: Thank god, I've got that lane. Is this thing again, Jenn, go goay, here we go?
Speaker 7: Harry says, is there nothing more humiliating than carrying toilet paper through the supermarket?
Speaker 8: Stop looking at me. Yes, I shit, so do you?
Speaker 1: I agree?
Speaker 6: Especially when you get one of these giant packs. It's like, how much shitty you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're stuck it up And I.
Speaker 6: Order them online actually, but they don't even bother. If you get toilet paper on Amazon, they don't even bother putting in a box or anything. It just arrived as it is with your name on it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you grocery shop on Amazon.
Speaker 6: Not like I wouldn't get fucking spinach of Amazon. But now like that, like a toilet paper.
Speaker 1: I think there's another shortage and toilet paper at the moment, what's another one.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of shortages, strikes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so I guess what else is embarrassing to carry? I think toilet paper is the biggest one.
Speaker 1: Oh, lou Buying loube is so awkward because you're always going just for loup. If it's in with a grocery shop, it always stands out too.
Speaker 6: Like if anyone's much attention, do you ever look at what other people are buying?
Speaker 1: I don't know, No, I'm all mean for the checkout cheek she's like self serveys, No, no, I go through I like this give keep them in point, but she'd be always having spagetti big knais, oh beegborganyon. Oh lovely, he's buying some hams.
Speaker 6: It all before. They're not thinking that deeply.
Speaker 1: I don't think all right, Gena, come on a couple of here we go, Chelsea says.
Speaker 8: Do you feel like people stand way too close to you on escalators even though there is no one else on there?
Speaker 6: Oh, this goes back to the fucking fast lane thing. You know what fucks me off? Well, you know there's like almost two lanes on an escalator. On the left your standing still. On the right, you're walking, and then there's always one dickhead locking the walking lane and I'm in a rush and they just don't get the hint and they're like, Hi, sorry, excuse me. They don't bloody move.
Speaker 1: If you've got a kid, move them to the left, or I'll do it for you. Kids always just standing there looking up and I want to get around you.
Speaker 6: Especially if I'm carrying a box or something. But I'm going to knock this kid out, so I would suggest you move it.
Speaker 1: If I'm walking up or down, not morm we up escalator. I'm in a hurry, and I'm walking in the fast right lane and there's someone at the end that is stuck in the far right lane. I will get so close to the back of their neck and breathe down it, just so they know that they have stopped me from going where I wanted to go. Bath threatening and I have my bags from dusk and fucking ku Kai flatten the about so they can hear me behind the.
Speaker 6: I've got Kouka in the brain.
Speaker 1: At the moment, all we can think of it. I did Christmas shopping for my family.
Speaker 6: All right, what else we got anymore? Jump to go?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jess says, is blowing your nose and clearing everything better than drugs and dicks?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: It's a nice feeling.
Speaker 6: You know, you can feel it's a bit clogged, and you blow long enough that you get that big one. You feel it go about. It goes clean as a whistle. Sometimes I use that what is that flow thing the nose? It also use that just because it's good to have a refresh. It's not even blocked, and it's like, let's do a cleanse.
Speaker 1: Of the nose.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The sinus. I have really bad sinus problems that all of a sudden, like you even commented on it in Boging Gate, might like constantly stuff there's nothing in there, They're just in fline.
Speaker 6: I can't remember if I mentioned this in the episode we did in bog and Gate, But for like half an hour, I thought that I'd sprung a leak in my tire. But it was this Mitchell's nostrils whistling. It wasn't a whistle. It was like a which sounded like air coming out of a tire child bloody hell. But because it went on sporadically for half an hour, I just kept hearing everything out.
Speaker 9: Was it? Yep?
Speaker 6: It was your nostrils.
Speaker 1: Sorry, all right, Jenna? How many mony few more?
Speaker 7: Maddie says, should facing anywhere but forwards in a lift be punishable by law?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so awkward. What sociopath stands to the side of a lift?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 6: Because there's a mirror at the back. I've got to chip my hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're there with a group of people, if you're in there with a group of people.
Speaker 6: But I don't think they would think I'm being rude because they can tell that I'm checking myself out.
Speaker 1: In the mirror. I agree.
Speaker 6: If there was no mirror and I just turned my back on them, what the fun?
Speaker 1: But even like say you're facing the opening of the door, even if you turn to your right or your left and just stare at the side like that, they put.
Speaker 6: The railing on the side. It's like to lean against that, you know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kid, isn't it funny that we all have like escalator class and lift it again? How do we all know this stuff? It's all unspoken.
Speaker 7: I jump back in dinner, Here we go, Lisa says, do you absolutely hate when in just tap their nails on products and things?
Speaker 6: Hey, you shut up, Lisa. If you've got them, tap them, you don't tap them.
Speaker 1: You would never tap on your Dinnerly, you can't tap on chicken?
Speaker 8: Can you tap on it?
Speaker 6: Bloody will? If you've got the real fucking long now my nails, your natural nails, Yes they are, They're my real nails.
Speaker 1: Mitchell Coombs is wearing painted gem color yellow yellow pink.
Speaker 6: Look at this, I broken nail. That one is completely sad, just hanging on by a thread.
Speaker 1: I don't even have nails, but that makes me cringe.
Speaker 6: I hate that polish is the only thing holding it there is.
Speaker 1: That your actual nail to actual feeling.
Speaker 6: It's huge, But yeah, I love it. It's satisfying to tap on things like that's fun.
Speaker 8: It's quite sad Sky.
Speaker 6: It is actually getting to the point with my nails that I'm going to have to give them a little trim drin because it's getting hard to do things. Typing on my laptop here becoming a bit of a nightmare using touch screens impossible. I'm gonna have to trim them back. But I'm like, look, how far over come. I'm so proud of them.
Speaker 1: They look nice and they actually look like like a cylic sticks. Yea, all right, Jenner back in.
Speaker 7: Do you wonder why it's okay that we bury people as long as it's in a box, but without one, it's frowned upon?
Speaker 6: And then like, you have to put people in a coffin before you bury them. You can't just let them raw dog the earth. Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: Can you not just dump someone in a hole and say, look, we really weren't doing quite well for money towards the end?
Speaker 6: Imagine if that was someone's dying wish, like, no, just chuck me in the ground. Still in a cemetery still in the hole. Still put a park up the top. But I don't need a coffin. I think it's a low surely to the coffin.
Speaker 1: I also think you can do biodegradable things now. You can do cardboard you know, caskets.
Speaker 8: Like account Yeah they're not they're not traditional cardboard boxes like they're actually heavy grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is it just me on the fly? Do you think like burials coming back around?
Speaker 6: Hey? You reckon Information had a moment.
Speaker 1: Information had a real moment. But I feel like a burial could be coming back. Jenny, you've died a few times once.
Speaker 6: I very Yeah, you've been cremated too, when your multiple lives.
Speaker 8: Yes, but too much fun with cremation. I like thing, you got it?
Speaker 6: I actually forgot that. That was the running joke on this podcast. Jenna living multiple.
Speaker 1: Lives know that. Yeah, yeah, come on, dive back in. Oh she's gone deep.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, this one will says, is it just me or a Hickey's fucked?
Speaker 1: Will we get it? You have sex?
Speaker 6: Oh my god. Jenna was there when I came to work with my first hickey and I had a scarf on trying to cover it.
Speaker 8: Itweet that It was.
Speaker 6: Like a fun novelty when you're in your early twenties and you're like, oh my god, my first hickey. Wow, But like, how fucking thoughtless to do that to someone now? Like how inconvenience?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember my first hickey.
Speaker 6: You gave it to you.
Speaker 1: I don't remember who it was. I really don't. I wasn't out yet, girl or guy. It was a guy, and I didn't know who to call. I think, yeah, and I called. I called all the women in my life for makeup advice. Yeah, until Lisha, our friends, I do you remember this? Yeah? To Alicia? Help Because I had a family wedding.
Speaker 6: Where was it right on my neck?
Speaker 1: And my family did not know that I was gay, and they also didn't think I was sexually active. They all thought it was asexual probably, so I'm like, I need to cover it up. So I had this massive hickey covered up on my neck. But now all the cousins they all worked it out.
Speaker 6: See what is It? Kind of fun as a novelty at first, but then you're like, oh god, how annoying.
Speaker 1: It's such a power move. Yeah, because it's like, yeah, I'm having sex. Look at me. Go, I got a Hickey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they might have been part of me when I had mine and Jen and I were working together that thought, Actually, fuck it, I'm taking this scarf off. I want people to notice. I'm like, look at my nack.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, Jenner, get back.
Speaker 8: Chrystal says, do you get a whole different persona when you put sunglasses on?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the continess pops out? Yeah yeah, yeah, ready, I'll put them up. Okay, Oh these were a great fine. These are vintage Gucci at Vinnie's and there are one hundred dollars. But I scratched off the O on the sticker. Paid ten.
Speaker 6: Hundred bucks is a bit stiff for Viny's.
Speaker 1: Isn't it vintage Gucci? It's vintage. It's so much cooler now, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 6: What else we got in the giant?
Speaker 8: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 7: Monique says, our espresso Martini's overrated.
Speaker 6: You know there are a godsend when you need a bit of a pick me up, really espress. I would only ever do it. I wouldn't do it for the taste. I don't only ever do it if I'm like, oh, I'm a bit sleepy and I've got to go to this event, because it's like an obligation or whatever. I just have one and that'll pick me up. Then that's all I n I would never I've never bring all the one Jesus Christ, I get violent.
Speaker 1: They're not They're not for me. I don't like them. I love coffee, but they do nothing for me.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't like it. I don't like you hate them. I don't like to stick to the amoretto. I reckon. But yeah, back in the Junke.
Speaker 8: Holly says, do you ever think there should be pet ambulances just like we have for humans.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a really sweet thing.
Speaker 6: How do we know that's not a thing.
Speaker 1: Well, it probably is. I know pet ambulances exist, pet. I'm not ambulances pet.
Speaker 8: PEP call emergency hospital, emergency vets.
Speaker 1: I should say that exists.
Speaker 6: It's like mobile vets, emergency pet transport. But they probably just take them to the bet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there would be. I'm sure remember a wires back in the day where if you found a possum in the backyard, it exists.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I found a pigeon that was obviously hurt and I called them and they said just let it go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw a rainbow so hard. I don't think I've told you this story. I was walking with my friend Keisha in Bondai and we were walking and all of a sudden, you hear. I was like, what was that? And then I kind of kept walking and she was like, oh, nothing, And then I'm like, I can still hear squeeching. Turn around and there's a rainbow lorikeet there on the ground. She stood on it. And then I said, oh, I think you stood on this rainbow kitchen And I didn't. It was like that, and I'm like, oh, I think you stood on that. Oh no, no, we'll just call wires. And been hit by a car I'm sure had like van's shoe soul print on its face. And I was like, okay, so let me call wires. And they're like, oh, just leave it.
Speaker 6: What are they even acting if they're gonna tell me?
Speaker 1: But just they do one bats and a kidnaps, and they do crocodiles, and they got.
Speaker 8: To prioritize birds are meaningful too.
Speaker 1: Of course, and I don't want to. I don't want to, you know, degrade the lives of birds. But they've got a small staff. If it's a quiet night, I'm sure that lorikeet, but what can you do for a lokey? You're not going to put it in a splint?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And also who's paying the bills?
Speaker 1: Paying dollars?
Speaker 6: No, I'm saying right anymore, don't let's keep going, Let's keep.
Speaker 7: Alicia says, does the old lady who serves you at the op shop always love what you're buying?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Always, that's gorgeous, honey, you should get that for sure? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, only ten bucks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just all the time. I went to the venders the other day and some lady was like, I have that sweater on you. It's been all waiting if it's been here waiting for you? Like, geez, all right, eight bucks. I'm not going to break the bank.
Speaker 6: When are you ever going to see the day that they go hate that?
Speaker 1: I wonder if future and some people would though it would Yeah, I reckon. They're not on commission as well.
Speaker 8: I just they're just there it volunteers.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, right, What else he does?
Speaker 7: Aaron says, does the word freezer burn for things that are over frozen in the fridge make no sense?
Speaker 8: It's either frozen or burnt.
Speaker 6: But the feeling you get on the skin is that of a burn. Yeah, it's weird, it's heat. Oh fuck, I just ran my fingers through my hair and that snapped nail just got stuck.
Speaker 1: When you bite your nail and your bait too much off and then you got to bite it again.
Speaker 6: It's just like, look how far back it's snapped, not much nail left.
Speaker 3: You have to pull that off.
Speaker 6: I'll deal with that later. Sorry, carry on with the judge.
Speaker 3: I just do one more.
Speaker 6: We gotta move on.
Speaker 7: Jenny says, are you a really loud person in real life but then really quiet at a comedy shot?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Again my own words enemy. I don't really laugh at comedy shows. Yeah, I just internally go. I liked that they make it really fun. I'm like, I just not go. That was good. But I never just go.
Speaker 9: Nah.
Speaker 6: I am my own worth enemy because I need people to laugh out loud at my shows. And if I saw someone just sitting there not laughing, I'd be like, what's up your last?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I am actually the same. I'm not a naturally crazy laugher, but like at your show, not that you needed it. When I'm at a show, I will put on my big laugh because I want people to know that it's appreciated.
Speaker 6: I know I heard you. You were right down the back when you came to one of my comedy shows. I did hear the occasional you love a single heart, don't you?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 6: It's anyway again, thank you to everyone who's ever scenting and is it just me? For some I'm sorry we couldn't get you all on the podcast. I would have loved to, but alas here we are.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening, idiots, and thank you for sending those in. They were brilliant.
Speaker 6: It's actually one of my favorite parts of the week is chatting to idiots.
Speaker 10: So thank you.
Speaker 1: Agree with me too?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: The rude shocks of young adults food.
Speaker 6: It's okay, nearly time to wrap things. God, we said that we were going to say a speech each. I love that that rhyme.
Speaker 1: See, yeah, well this was your idea to do a speech each.
Speaker 6: Yes, because we're very silly and conversation or we might not get around to saying the things we actually want to say. We're treating it like it's a twenty first birthday already. I've got this dumb sound effect and then you fucking love a sound effect. Yeah, so you can really commit to the theater of the mind. Ready, Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? So so? I mean I've written one some of you Jenna. Have you written yours? Mitch, Yeah, I have.
Speaker 6: This is like the first episode of this podcast. I've ever felt properly nervous beforehand. Really, I'm so I don't know what the best approach is. Go first, I think go first. I don't want to go first, nap shot, I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: You have to, right?
Speaker 6: Do you want to go first?
Speaker 8: Okay, I'll go first.
Speaker 1: Okay, I need to get one app hold on, I'm so stressed. I've got some viagra left over, I mean my speech. Okay, Jenna, are you ready to go?
Speaker 8: I'm ready.
Speaker 6: I want to do it in that costume YouTube.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be on visual record.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 6: You could leave the motor against if you want. Okay, I'll leave me go.
Speaker 8: I'm ready.
Speaker 6: Okay, commit to the bit. Bye?
Speaker 8: Thank you everyone. Wow? Where do I even begin looking back on the last five years of my life? It's hard to find the right words to capture everything this experience has meant to me. Being a part of Is It Just Me has been more than just a podcast. It's been a journey, one filled with laughter, growth, challenges, and friendships that I'll carry with me forever. I'll never forget the crazy moments like recording in a coffin.
Speaker 7: A bin or in a straight jacket, moments, moments that were wild and ridiculous but also so full of joy. Those are the memories that will always make me smile. But the truth is, what made this experience truly unforgettable were the people I got to share with them with Mitchell and Mitch, you both in my family. Over these years, We've laughed together, supported each other, and created something incredibly special. What started as a podcast quickly turned into a bond that goes beyond the show. And I can't put into words how much it means to me to have you both by my side. You made those hours every week feel like home and I'll always treasure that. And then there's the idiots. You are the heart of everything we did. Your messages, your passion, your unwavering support, and the way you connected with us made this whole experience so much more than just a show. I'm beyond grateful to each and every one of you. You are the best people I've ever had the privilege of knowing, and I will carry that with me always. Saying goodbye to this chapter is so much harder than I ever imagined. Agreed, after five years, it's time to let go, but I can't help but feel so incredibly lucky. Lucky to have experienced all of this with the Mitches, lucky to have shared it with the idiots, and lucky to have had the chance to be part of something so meaningful. Though this chapter is closing, I know the friendships will never end. Mitch Mitchell, We're in this for life. I'm excited to see where life takes us next, but I know that no matter what happens, I'll always have you both in my corner. To the Mitchell's, to the Idiots, the Misfits, riving Reporter, Oscar, and contraceptive Die from Sam, and to everyone who's been part of this journey, thank you from.
Speaker 8: The bottom of my heart. Thank you for being with me, for supporting me, and for making these years the most unforgettable ones of my life. I'll miss this more than I can say, but I'll never forget what we've built together. Here's to the future, and never forgetting the past.
Speaker 6: Oh that's BEAUTI.
Speaker 1: Will see she's that she's it's a lot more earnest that I expected.
Speaker 6: Yeah, why what's what's the tonywits mine?
Speaker 1: Mine is very serious. But it's just in the being in the room. It's just it's hard.
Speaker 8: Sorry, I stumbled over some words.
Speaker 1: I was marus, It's okay. We're all in that situation. I don't like to prepare anything. I can go next if you want. Yeah, I just don't like preparing things. I don't do well with written. I like to fly by the seat of my pants and I'm like that.
Speaker 6: If you want to wing this speech, no I didn't.
Speaker 1: Well, let me read what I've written.
Speaker 6: Hang on, commit to the bit here. We're at a party. You want to interrupt and say an ansky words?
Speaker 1: Hello? Everyone? Have you If you had told me years ago that I would be standing here as your wife, I wouldn't have believed you.
Speaker 8: But look at us, g said Michel.
Speaker 1: This is to the idiots, call it naive, But I never thought it was possible for me to cultivate a group of listeners like we have with you guys. Maybe it's me coming from radio and not having an intimate connection with the audience, or at least feeling that way, or maybe it's just that you are incredibly brilliant. You have uplifted me in my darkest of times and have made coming into the studio for the last five years so incredibly worth it. You are the reason we make this podcast. So to the idiots, Thank you to each and every one of you here. Thank you to Jenna, our fearless third wheel. Oh no, I'm going to get sad.
Speaker 17: Oh God, my laugh track and my north star. I couldn't have made it through the last five years if it weren't for you. You are hand on heart, the most genuine I can't read there are tears, the most genuine, real and loving person I have in my life. You're loyal to a fault and beyond funny, and you don't get enough credit on this show for that, but you are the glue that holds the three of us together from show number one Outside the Studio to episode two hundred and fifty five. I can't think of anyone more perfect to sit between Mitch and I over the past five years. You're wickedly talented and a forever friend. From a bin to a coffin to a straight jacket to the studio, I love you.
Speaker 3: No tissue.
Speaker 6: Hang on, I grabbed some paper Towns in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: I'm crying.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that's a what out of bunch?
Speaker 3: Oh it's in my ameritos.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so awful on the eyes. Yeah, so rough, it's very rough. Sorry, let me compose myself, all right, Mitchell, I don't quite know how to put five years of connection into words, but I'll give it my best.
Speaker 8: Go.
Speaker 1: You also made me write this ahead of time and demanded I didn't you know? Yeah, you said, please write it. Only you have that power over me. And that's true. I don't listen to anyone except for you. I actually do not that there's no one that makes me get something done more than Mitchell Kumb's and that's a compliment. I want to say thank you. Thank you for holding the space for me each and every week to let my inner silly goose run free. You helped show me that it was possible to channel my chaos into comedy and turn my personality into a product. Not into a literal sense, but you made me feel as though I was worthy of even sitting behind a podcast mike in the first place. So thank you for always laughing at my jokes sometimes and allowing my undiagnosed ADHD brain to let loose. Thank you for your time and hours blared into this podcast. It's no secret that without you here there wouldn't be two weekly episodes. Well there would be, but they would be edited in such a way that I would get every laugh because I'd just edited it that way. You are a fantastic comic, a brilliant podcaster, and an even better friend. Looking back on the last five years, you really are only constant in my life, and I truly don't think I will realize just how special our connection is until we aren't sitting in front of these yellow screens together twice a week. You've been there with me through love, loss, heartbreak, and so much more, and for that, I'm eternally grateful. You're more than my co host and my best friend. I will miss I Jim, but I will miss my other Mitch more.
Speaker 6: I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of what we've created together, but more proud of her friendship forever.
Speaker 10: A couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: Cheers to that, cheers to that.
Speaker 6: Oh this is a longer, It's a lot. Why do we really I know. I hate that this was my dear because now I don't want to do it. No, thank you. That was yeah, that was lovely. Ah, I don't want to do that. Okay, I have to We've done it ready. Yeah, I'm committing to the b commit settle down everyone a bitter shuwish please speech well, well, well, I remember when I first met these idiots over five years a guy, We've had a good few years, wooden change and for anything, this podcast has felt like home for me in many ways because it's hard sometimes being so fuck I've gone already. Shit, It's hard being so far away from your real family. Sometimes sometimes I really tired of being on my own having a friend for myself, so I lean on my chosen family. I over gorgeous bunch of friends off the cloud, but here on the cloud too. You people are listening to the podcast as a part of my chosen family because if put up with all my nonsense, you indulge my bullshit. When I get upset about Peter the Rabbit down the broad from my apartment dying, I turned it into something on this podcast that everyone ate up and indulge, and I just like there's no other corner of the Internet that would have given the same level of fuck as you. You let me be myself, and I know that I'm meant to be an influencer. I do hate that word, but that's what I meant to be. But the broader internet can be a bit scary. Sometimes I worry about putting a foot wrong and copying shit from people. But I feel really safe on this podcast because I can just be myself completely.
Speaker 1: Fucking hell.
Speaker 6: A few years ago, some of you might remember, I had a decision to make. I had two podcasts to pick from, this one and trash Aally. My mental health was in a really bad way at the time and I needed one less thing on my plate. Logically, it would have made sense to pick trash Aali because it would have been less work for me. We had a producer than Enitdor, and fucking frankly, I was paid shitload more compared to this podcast, And yeah, I chose Is it just me? Because I love it so much. It's been my passion project for five years. I love making this silly little jingles and doing what I can to add a little more flavor to the podcast, And sometimes I go down real rabbit holes where I hyper fixate on little edits I'm trying to do, but most people would never notice, because that's kind of the point of editing. I'm saying to you, which the other day it's actually quite a thankless job, because the whole point is that you're not meant.
Speaker 1: To notice, but one knows.
Speaker 6: But I honestly love doing it, and I'm really proud of this podcast for a lot of reasons. It's not like we've won any awards or broken any records. We kind of just fly under the radar. But we have our people, and that's all we need. For so many of you, this podcast brings you join A lot of you have told us this podcast brings you comfort, and it's my comfort, son' too. That's been for five years. We've gotten so many lovely messages telling us that we live people up on their dark days and that that means the world to me. The last few months have really reminded me of my purpose, which is to make people feel at least two percent better, and I'm going to keep doing that in one way or another. Thank you to everyone listening right now. I've always been a bit of a weird kid, a shy and socially awkward loser. In school, I was pretty quiet and when I did speak, people would shut me down, ignore me, or even make fun at my voice. But like I've said before, you all listen to me on purpose, and that's always going to be a bit.
Speaker 1: Weird for me.
Speaker 6: I'd still find that while, but I'll never take it for granted. Quick PSA, don't ever let things hold you back from doing what you want to do. Just give it a crack, because between social anxiety and a lisp, you would think that I have no fucking business hosting a podcast, But here I am. Thank you for welcoming me into your routines. I'm going to miss this a lot, but it's time for a change. Frankly, I haven't been coping with the workload of this podcast in the same way that I used to be able to. I have to be honest, sometimes this job can be really isolating, sitting at home alone all day at my death, no support or colleagues to bounce off. But at the end of the day, I have a loyalty to the idiots because I'm making them feel better, and that's why I keep doing.
Speaker 14: What I do.
Speaker 6: That's why I'm loyal to it to Jenna, I've known you for the longest in the room, and you've just impressed the shit out of me in the last five years. A few of eighty gets to pointed out that your confidence has risen over time, and I really agree. I'm til much it does too. Even though we went into this as a couple of mitches, I said, fuck, I want to get gener involved. She's so underrated, and I'm so glad that everyone now agrees with me. I am always right, You're hilarious, and all of our idiots love you, and I really hope that that confidence doesn't go anywhere. To Cherry, I've given you a lot of shit over time, but if you learn anything in bogen Gate, it's that that's the love language of country people. I didn't always get the balance right in the early days. The sibling like teasing was a bit nasty for me sometimes, and I'm really sorry about that. Over five years, I know how sensitive you really are. A lot of people treat you like a punching bag. But I want you to know how much I appreciate having someone so easy to work with. Maybe it's because you do what you're told, as you all know, I'm very socially awkwot sometimes and it can actually be really daunting doing things like interviewing people I admire, like Kate lane Brook Jets. Sorry, Antibishop, but having you there to I know that it'll be okay. Whenever I feel out of my debts, you're there to make me feel safe, and you're so capable and gifted, and no other co hopes that's ever going to be the same. Thank you both for doing this with me. Okay, that's enough. Come get me out of God than give again to everyone listening, I'm going to miss this so much, but I know we'll keep in touchdown. That goes for all you listening. Oh god, why did we do?
Speaker 12: This?
Speaker 1: Was beautiful? Very well said.
Speaker 6: Oh fuck, we're all crying because it's sad, babe, those crutsing sandpaper.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh.
Speaker 6: Fuck that was beautiful.
Speaker 3: Anyway, should we go?
Speaker 6: I don't know what to do now. I need a moment.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 6: I'm shaking.
Speaker 1: Look at that, all that said and done, I think we just are the through liners that we're also proud of what we've created, and we should be proud of ourselves because like, a lot of work has gone into this show, so much growth together and the through line is our friendship and that will remain. Yeah, come on, let's not be sad.
Speaker 6: I act didn't to cry it all this so weird. I hate it, annoying, an ugly cryer Like once I stopped crying. You can see the redinans for hours. No videos this episode.
Speaker 3: None.
Speaker 8: I'm just glad I'm in a moment.
Speaker 6: It unhinged, fucking.
Speaker 1: Leaking expensive fixty.
Speaker 6: Oh, now what do we do?
Speaker 1: I think I think we end it. I think we're done.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: On that note, thank you to the idiot for listening. Thank you for listening for five years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just to reiterate whether you've been here from day one or you've just found your way here recently. Yeah, we appreciate everyone listening. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's next for me, and I don't know what the future holds, but knowing that the idiots are there makes me gives me a sense of comfort. Knowing that they're there and they'll jump and whatever we do next, and trust me, there will be there'll be projects. You know, you can get Mitch and I m Jena next general audition for better Homes and gardens and and I hope you get it, Jenna.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I'm in the final call back.
Speaker 1: That's so exciting.
Speaker 6: I fucking hate that I have to sit in this chair in the studio because you've got your backs to the door. There's glass there. People can see me cry.
Speaker 1: I had to stare right or was there? From the A lot of ourdundancies at this building. I would surprise.
Speaker 6: Marty empty out there isn't it? It really is?
Speaker 1: How am I still here?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: Oh god, come on, a couple of deep breaths. We're all good. Why don't we Why don't we have a group hug right end of the episode?
Speaker 6: Coming out in that thing? And how's that going to?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Before we'll flank her from both sides?
Speaker 10: Oh, she's awkward.
Speaker 1: Come on, groups, Yes, thank you for listening.
Speaker 10: Idiots.
Speaker 1: We will not see you next week. But you can hate you know.
Speaker 6: I don't even know how to wrap it up. Can't be like catch a thing.
Speaker 1: No, we say goodbye. I mean listen, I think we should. You can you can get us all. We're all on Instagram. If you're tuning in, if you're listening to this in a thousand years. I'm Mitch Chury. You can get me. I put stuff on YouTube as well. Now that's what there's stuff going up there, right Yeah, yeah, YouTube, Yep, you can get me. And it's all the same name, Mitch Cheery.
Speaker 6: Do you need me to teach you how to edit?
Speaker 1: Please? I didn't want to ask why you've been so emotional, but you can. You can get me on socials, Mitch.
Speaker 6: You're the same, Yeah, Mitchell that we're doing.
Speaker 8: This for me too. I'll post some photos of Connie.
Speaker 7: I'm at Jenna Underscore, Benson on TikTok Jinn and Ben soon because I couldn't get Jenna bencon you.
Speaker 6: I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: For the last time, idiots, thank you for listening, Thank you for listening. You for back, Go and listen. We love ya. This won't be the end of us. We will chat soon.
Speaker 6: Love you bye.
Speaker 5: Is it just me podcast by a couple of.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit photo on your podcast.
Speaker 6: At welcome to add a secret segment on the end. It's where we talked shit for a little bit. Nothing's planned here. We certainly haven't written any speech.
Speaker 1: It's with this ch Jesus, guys, that was brutal. Whose idea was that, Oh my god.
Speaker 6: But as if we would have said any of that, if we were being confusion.
Speaker 1: I know it's true. It's true. It's very true, and we all wrote very different things.
Speaker 6: As I was listening to Jenner's I was like, bloody hell, she saw some of my lines feeling like home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't have any of that. I'm not good with writing.
Speaker 6: I thought it was great.
Speaker 8: I thought it was amazing.
Speaker 10: That's not sweet.
Speaker 1: I don't like to write. Oh that really got me. I was sobbing. I was like, I was crying multiple times.
Speaker 6: We were talking about this last week in Vogue and Game. We were like, I don't regon we'll crying, and we both said, nah, we're not cry as really, if you're putting like pressure on yourself to cry in the moment where you feel like you should, it just doesn't happen. Oh my god, that just came over me.
Speaker 1: No, No, we cried. Oh wow, definitely a weight off my shoulders. After that, I got to say, speech now I agree, or even the whole episode, like I've been dreading doing it. I really have. It's been really like looming for the last few weeks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for me.
Speaker 1: This is where I'm coming from personally, Like I'm currently in the middle. I've lost both my radio show. Not something that I'm not laughing, I'm just like, fuck, what is life? I know this podcast is ending, which I've said I'll say it once, but I'll say it again. Not connected and we decided to end this podcast well before I was dropped from Kiss. Yeah, so I am literally now going from having twelve weekly shows to nothing, and it's scary, it's daunting. I don't know what's next. I have no idea what I'll be doing in the new year, and it's really frightening.
Speaker 6: Well that'll be kind of fun though, Well there's free timing hands you want to know what to do with itself. Literally, but you'll find things.
Speaker 1: Today, I know. But I'm one of those people, are you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I feel like I've basically just left a full time job, Like it does take up a lot of my time, the podcast, which bloody love doing it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's still a lot of work regardless.
Speaker 6: It is, and it's always been like my number one priority to everything else, things to fall into second place, even things that pay more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, general, what's next for you?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I really don't.
Speaker 8: I really don't know.
Speaker 6: Can I give you guys an update and something?
Speaker 9: Rember?
Speaker 6: A couple of weeks ago, there was that episode called knife Fight the Cat. Yes, yes, and it's because on the Maggie's Rescue Instagram that's the shelter where I got my cat Isabella. Yep, they posted an ad for a cat up for adoption called knife Fight. We were like, what kind of cruel calls the cat knife fight?
Speaker 3: Like what?
Speaker 6: And they actually got in touch with us and told us, no, No, that's the strategy of ours. We give them really cooked names. It's like a marketing thing and so smart knife fight had they gave some sad it was like ten times more clicks than the other cats. Wow, they call a knife fight to get more attention.
Speaker 1: That's so smart. Then we were talking about it. It was knife Fight sponsored.
Speaker 6: In the end, Oh yeah, knife fight has a home.
Speaker 1: You're not going to choose knife fight, Like, you're not going to keep knife fight?
Speaker 6: They said they are really Yeah, they told me that they're keeping the name knife feet.
Speaker 8: It's kind of.
Speaker 6: I think my exact words were, what kind of cruel funck calls the name knife fight? And someone comments me, I'm the cruel funk some of the works at Maggie's.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. I'm just grolling through the Instagram now, Jenny, you should adopt tsunami. You should take bum threat.
Speaker 6: Bomb threat, coming above threat. What if it's gonna cat name it?
Speaker 1: Racist?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 6: Racist?
Speaker 1: Racist? Is racist?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 8: Homophobe?
Speaker 6: Fucking hell? That's shocking, Jerry. It just feels wrong that you're tethered like so we've been talking about unleashing your ADHD. I made this sound effects board for you ages.
Speaker 1: So many messages asking for the sound effects.
Speaker 6: It's actually true because it was like a fifty to fifty Some people like, thank god he ease up on the sound effects because sometimes they were annoying and disruptive, but other times they were fucking hilarious. So go now your time. I will, I will.
Speaker 1: I just need to get it out.
Speaker 6: Who was that again?
Speaker 1: That was my distressed burb? Oh my god, guys, this is such a coincidence the Live like I just react. I spoke to the engineers and said a live tweets back, Oh my god, and he said I made it happen for the finale Live x Bronwyn Bishop my God, she says, I'm all the board racist. That's weird, such a weird thing to say.
Speaker 3: The traffic.
Speaker 1: It was time for a break. That was one of my favorites off the back of the laugh because it's it's so radio ready. Let's do a classic like a radio Let's.
Speaker 6: Right, the chicken cross the road to get to the other side of.
Speaker 3: Traffic.
Speaker 1: Heavy other human cow past right back down, bilometers house, bill of milk on the cow past rose two for one. Hungry Jacks chicken stretching back for a limit of time only only at hungry.
Speaker 6: You haven't been in the car with someone that doesn't listen to radio that much. They always comment if there's a traffic report, Wow, that was just so not seamless at all. When the traffic reporter it suddenly starts reading an ad. There was not a smooth transition at all because they're.
Speaker 1: Not getting a cut back. They're not getting any money those traffic people.
Speaker 6: Isn't that how it happened?
Speaker 1: He's awful, your poor thing.
Speaker 6: It hurts the nails really hurt about this broken anyway, we're not eating up. The final moments of the podcast that be talking about a broken nail, Grow.
Speaker 1: Up, no, we're not. We're not, but you know what we will do. What you remember that, Jenna. If you listened to the Broken Gate episode yet, yes, yeah, you heard the sheep at the start. We've organized Jane to bring it in. Jane, bring the sheep in. Hi, Jane, we go to the miccuse we can't hear Jane, there's the sheep. Pop it up on that stair, Jane, thank you?
Speaker 6: What's its name? I think we went with but Simpson, Simpson? Can you see? Bad?
Speaker 1: So midwave by?
Speaker 8: I want to touch it.
Speaker 1: And needed to be done.
Speaker 6: If I have cried up today, you needed to be.
Speaker 1: Sorry that it's not done.
Speaker 8: Isn't that a cow?
Speaker 1: Baby camel? The mon brought too many animals, oh, Jane, I don't know enough bullets, Jane, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 6: Dolphin in.
Speaker 1: That was a big one.
Speaker 6: Stop with the animal cruel and he wants jerky.
Speaker 1: I'll just cut them up. How does it always go to animal cruelty? It always seems to come back to that every time anyway.
Speaker 6: Be honest, to my eyes, still at puffy and red a little. I told you they last longer. You look completely normal again?
Speaker 1: You do, Jenny? You dormal two we're all fine, We've all made it. How are we going for our record?
Speaker 6: I think I think we smashed it with the.
Speaker 1: Bradley.
Speaker 6: It's not only for the sea word, Oh is it? You know when I say, but also you said when you wear sunglasses the sea word tennis. Oh yeah, I have to beat that her. No, Yeah, that's different?
Speaker 1: Is it because it's a different meaning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because if you just said the sea word infellable, that's nasty. Now you're saying with the teasa't county that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're saying, yeah, you can't say it. God, this is serno. I remember it. I so it's lovely.
Speaker 18: Jeeruz me Jenna, chee cheese, all right, Jenna, Oh god fun.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I ever stopped doing that. It's because it takes over the conversation. It distracts you see my point. Well, if it was in the radio studio, let's say, oh misun effect. It was so seamless because we used the same broadcast studio I used to do my show, and you already knew where the sound effects were. Whereas when you're playing off my laptop, you're like, I just read I was paneling. I had the volume I head control. Like even listening to that obituary, like, there were so many different sound effects that I could do that I couldn't do now, Like the stupid Heart celebrate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it was just a different amagy what just amazing And I'm like, what corner of your fucking brain did you pull that from? The cupid heart thing?
Speaker 1: That's how I picture love when people are in love like a little cubi. Oh my god, I used to do that all the time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Loved you loved it for Brad, I keep that's so true.
Speaker 1: I had fun. We all had fun. Yeah, you know we could always just drop in, you know, we could just drop into the We still own the feed.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I don't want to lead any idiots on by saying like we might come back in the new year, basically like I'm totally not ruling it out, but mummy needs a bloody rest. Yeah, of course one day, who knows. Never saying ever, but don't hold your breath is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You should start posting really cryptic things to our couple of Mech's Instagram in about six months, just like seven.
Speaker 8: And then a black screen, black screen.
Speaker 1: Apple Crumble.
Speaker 8: A picture of a sheep.
Speaker 1: Do you remember I can admit to this. When the Thinker Girls, the old night show that we met on Mitch, that.
Speaker 6: Was when I first started at Kiss. I was working on their their night show, the Drinker Girls.
Speaker 1: I was their producer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you were the panel up at the time. But they left their Twitter. They left their Twitter logged in. In the studio, we would occasionally post ship the.
Speaker 1: Show got canceled, which is not funny now that it's happened to me.
Speaker 6: Swings and roundabouts to replaced them.
Speaker 1: Well, then we would tweet things on their Twitter, like two years after they left the network, just posting things like soon dot dot dot and everyone's like you're coming back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all their poor podcast fans thought that they were reuniting because after they left the radio station, they also quit their podcasts, so they just ceased to exist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've done for themselves. Maybe I'll follow that.
Speaker 6: I feel like that's now that we're in this situation and how mean a what do they call their idiots POSSI? Why did we get the posse excited like that? That's just mean go to the Finer Girls on Twitter or x. We just tweeted the number seven and it's so dumb, like that is very.
Speaker 1: Hot twitted four with the eyes of ogent and everyone's like four days, four weeks, how loan four months old?
Speaker 6: Wait, girls, I think the first time, by the way, going back to Oscar's obituary, Oh mituary, that would have been better.
Speaker 1: Hey would have been good. That's all right.
Speaker 6: During that he said that when I came up with sorry time a lot of stone off my tits, I think that's the first time I've probably confirmed that I've definitely alluded to it. And also it was so fucking obvious.
Speaker 1: Mitchell come off.
Speaker 6: I was back, that was off. And also I wasn't just baked. I was like, I have a feeling that might have been like a Friday, and when I was working early hours Friday, you've got nothing left in the town. So I was also fucking delirious and sowned. Not a good combination.
Speaker 1: You can hear it in my voice enough.
Speaker 6: The further thinger.
Speaker 7: Girls, Twitter, there's five, then high then shocked emoji, then high X, and then soon on soon Karina goes O, n G, you can't wait.
Speaker 6: That's terrible now, how we said, I don't want to wrap things up too prematurely. But remember how we said we were going to debate about what song we should end the show with. Yeah, what do you guys got?
Speaker 1: All right? Okay, well I'm done with We're done with sound effects for good.
Speaker 6: Everybody?
Speaker 8: Can you do one last one?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It a bit ill my favorite one last one? Officially, this is what's happening to this podcast.
Speaker 6: But maybe don't shut down the live tweets this year. Just check them one more time we go.
Speaker 1: They've been turned off. Oh my god, Darryl braithwait, way.
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Really?
Speaker 6: When I flew home to bogn Gate once, I was like, is that fucking Daryl Breathwait on really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he said. Congrats to the puff what I saw on that Rex flight a few weeks ago. His podcast is ending, well done. Wow, that's nice.
Speaker 8: That's nice.
Speaker 6: Kicked in it's ending, yeah, yeah, no, it definitely isn't kicked in. Like, even despite the sobbing and everything, I'm still just like, we'll be back next week. Yeah weird, or like we're just ending for the year and then we'll be back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way's going to happen.
Speaker 6: Merry Christmas everyone, Yeah, yeah, Mary, Chris Christmas would normally end the year with a Christmas episode, but fuck that, it's about us today. This is the end, So I have some suggestions for songs to end with. Do you guys haven't it? Yeah, I've got I've got one keep forgetting the Jennets wearing that, and sometimes I just look at her and go, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do have question it to me. It's normal now at this point.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm keeping it on.
Speaker 6: Do you guys want to go first with yours? I've got a couple.
Speaker 1: Mine is Vitamin C Friends Forever. Oh, I don't like it, graduation, I'll still play it, but play it and we can just give it a riff.
Speaker 6: I just feel like it's a bit like not cliche, but like it's an obvious choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it will tug at the heart strings. I suppose it'll bring, you know, heightened emotions to the table, as.
Speaker 6: If they're not heightened or not. Get a picture of bye idiots for the final times.
Speaker 4: As well, and.
Speaker 6: We will still be.
Speaker 8: Transfer it.
Speaker 6: It's a cliche, Yeah, it is a cliche against her. Maybe Jenna literally does the final Jenner aside.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, my turn bites towards yours, just because I won't. What do you think my suggestion is simply the best by Tina Turner.
Speaker 6: That's a self indulgent us, all for you, all of us, all of us, Yeah, and.
Speaker 8: The idiots too good.
Speaker 6: So I'm skipping forward. I was thinking more sentimental.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think Centemton just.
Speaker 5: Rest.
Speaker 10: It's that.
Speaker 6: I mind it.
Speaker 1: What about We are the Champions?
Speaker 6: Not really a goodbye song though, is it?
Speaker 1: But it's like, fuck you God, We're good. We're ending on a high. This is a Seinfeld moment. We've got the biggest numbers, the most money in the bank, and we're leaving again.
Speaker 6: It just feels like we're flexing rather than dedicating a beautiful trip.
Speaker 8: We need your suggestions.
Speaker 6: I was gonna bring up we are the Champions, but okay, I'll bring up mine. One of them is like a nice song. It's not a happy or sad, it's just sentimental. But I feel like it might be a bit too dramatic. Have you guys seen that funk? What's that Netflix show with Ricky Gervaise Life After Death?
Speaker 9: Or Yeah?
Speaker 6: They ended the last episode with this song. It's also in love. Actually it's a it's both sides now by Joni. Oh, it's not happy or sad. It's about going through some sheep and coming out the other room with clarity.
Speaker 1: This is too sad.
Speaker 6: I thought the same a loot.
Speaker 4: Blood cloud.
Speaker 3: From sad.
Speaker 6: This is my yearning song from a bundle.
Speaker 4: Still it's cloud loose.
Speaker 1: I recall.
Speaker 6: It's nice, but it's a bit fucking melodramatic, isn't it.
Speaker 8: It's really sad for me.
Speaker 1: I think it's too sad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's weird because it's not necessarily a sad song. It just sounds sad. It's a pensive song. Okay, here's another suggestion. I think I brought this up on the podcast before, and you both ship candid, but I'll do it. Oh, I'm wheling up again. It's about being a part.
Speaker 4: Close your eyes and a kiss suits too much, miss this.
Speaker 8: I remember when you shove it to us.
Speaker 6: He played the gunshot and said, fuck that. That's just very sad. And then while lum Moway all right home, eay, isn't it not?
Speaker 9: Who is this?
Speaker 6: It's just some random cover on YouTube, kay La. Ce're going on Spotify, so it's a bit right, that's an option, okay option. And then this is the only other suggest that I had ready, you'll recognize that.
Speaker 1: No, just wake me up when it's Namborenza.
Speaker 3: Well the night.
Speaker 6: Stand by Me by Skyla Gray.
Speaker 10: And the Landers, Dark and.
Speaker 6: Lame sex, give me forward a bit stember me.
Speaker 4: So darning nice.
Speaker 16: This is.
Speaker 1: What you idiots to stand bias. I guess I have one more suggestion. Sure, but I'd like to play you guys. Okay, I don't think bring it's just off your phone.
Speaker 10: That's ship.
Speaker 6: It's good.
Speaker 1: I think this could be a nice way to end. I could all sing it everyone.
Speaker 6: The other is it podcast?
Speaker 1: The hit song called popular.
Speaker 18: Looking by.
Speaker 6: Drum beating my drum like a drum. This is not a song, it's a podcast?
Speaker 9: Or is it just me.
Speaker 3: That thing? You know what?
Speaker 1: Maybe it's too emotional?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that might just be too depressing.
Speaker 1: This fine still on and wh're not?
Speaker 6: What do you reckon the book of your court Dylan the final time?
Speaker 8: Okay, So obviously this was a tough decision. I was leaning towards the podcast one what was her name?
Speaker 1: Romana cool, loud popular, call loud popular?
Speaker 8: Which is so it was just too emotional, So I'm going to go with stand by Me?
Speaker 6: Really, Oh, wow fin one.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 7: I think it's appropriate because I'm going to stand by each other no matter what happens.
Speaker 6: I did not think I was going to get picked well Mitchell, And now over time I hear this song, I'm going to think of this bloody pop.
Speaker 8: It's appropriate.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're doing it.
Speaker 1: We've hit the record, we've ticked our bucket list, we've said goodbye to the idiots, goodbye to each other. I actually did want to say thank you to you both. Just thank you. It's been fun. It's been a massive career highlight for me. Me too, and I'm going to miss it a lot forget I know, I will. I'm going to have things that happen in my life and there's gonna be no outlet to discuss, you know, And no matter how big or small stupid it was, this was a safe space, and it was we could turn nothing into something. The amount of times we'd go through our phone notes and find something ridiculous, you know, this is something that no one knows. But when we were stuck for I, Gems Mitch would just be like, look at something in the room and we'll make any out of it. And we would, and they were sometimes the best ones. And I think I don't know this show worked because we're like, our friendship is real and and that's not going anywhere. So any of you guys, oh you've done it again.
Speaker 6: I just got myself back together right now.
Speaker 1: Press play.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, for the final time, we hope this podcast made you feel at least two one hundred and fifty five percent better. So we do love you both, love you by, love you all. Fuck are you idiots?
Speaker 8: Love you?
Speaker 6: Hi stand.
Speaker 4: So dning dine stand baby Oh stay baby, ah Stan.
Speaker 6: Stand by me.
Speaker 3: Whenever Orange trouble.
Speaker 4: Won't you stay baby?
Speaker 3: Oh stay bad