Speaker 1: Welcome to them. Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Take News to My House, Big news, right, A lot going on that energy, you know, a lot of going on on that energy in my house. Got two teenage daughters, one in year twelve, one in year ten, big years. And then obviously there's the og fifty two year old teenage and my wife. They gang up on me. They get it's like a pile on every day.
Speaker 1: He's sitting duck in there.
Speaker 2: A lot of times I have to apologize on behalf of the patriarchy is alone representative of some kind of wounded masculine in that house and like an animal at times cornered in there. Anyway, as in a wife the weekend, I snapped right when we brought the sounds about three years ago, the real estate agent went, I think this is like a youth This could be like a utility room. My wife just goes, that'd be your office, Ok, why would I? Yeah, your quice goes and I'll share it with you, And I say, oh god, no, no, no no, And so that's what's member three years. My wife soders, I'll be trying to work on the next grape radio idea and Suddenly I hit my wife, going, cat are you free for cat?
Speaker 1: Are you free for coffee?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I'm trying to focus in my utility room, gallyway here so life at the weekend. This can't carry on, Okay, the next great idea is alluding me still for three years in this house.
Speaker 1: It's also where the German shepherd uses the toilet.
Speaker 2: Poo's in there. It's just a dumping ground in there, right And I said, this is it I need. I need an office in the garden. My wife said, we'll at the only available space. Yeah, I'm going to have a shed like a going to have Basically that's all I'm allowed. Down the side of my house is an area that's been allocated now for me. I'm going to have a shed in there.
Speaker 1: Down the side, not even in the backyard. There's no room in the backyard. It's down the side of the house where the hot water unit is.
Speaker 2: No by the way, the bins are. I will literally move the bins aside, like the back cave where it's like a hidden entrance through The bins are only being inspired by the grass cutting. Some dog turds feel the need for radio and inspiration.
Speaker 1: And then they go, I bet you're not building it. You're getting into someone to build it.
Speaker 2: If I build it, it's in the news. I'm trapped in it. Outrage of that Christian was trapped in a shacky mate that the unibomber's cabin or something I can't build that could even hang a picture. I'm building some kind of shabby, old, cheap shed. I'm going to buy from Bunny.
Speaker 1: So they're gonna make it look like a part of the house or is it gonna be.
Speaker 2: Cost of fortunes to drive up blend and sculptured it. This isn't grand designs.
Speaker 1: It would be like a summer house.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be like that. So you're talking like a shed budget I've been given it's literally a couple of hundred bucks. I must just go to get a tense you're gonna, I know what, You're gonna end up with one of those.
Speaker 1: We've got one one of those metal sheds that you buy it Bunnings. You can wrick yourself. It's gonna be so funny, that's right, like.
Speaker 2: A whipper sniffer in the corner. Old paintings, off cut carpets, and they mean a sad little desk.
Speaker 1: We've got one of those for the paintings. I can tell you now, you're gonna be so hot in summer and so win. There'll be about four days a year where it's perfect temperature.
Speaker 2: But I'll be separated from the noisy chao or something.
Speaker 1: Oh no, this is Sarah's plot to just get you out of the house.
Speaker 2: I'm okay pushed out that way. I'm willing in this murther idea, right. I don't know whether because people would have had to work out and improvise home working spaces due to COVID, and I'm guessing some people, because not everyone is back to work at their office now five days a week, you're probably still doing some kind of homework in wherever that is under the stairs or in the garage or wherever. He might even be working out of a shed at times. I'm thinking about buying like a rust bucket of a motor home and just keeping it. And I'm not choking, right, it might be cheap in the miner's shed and having like a base made just park out the front of my house and using it as a as a as a stationary office, like breaking bed's that big, but I mean I could interview guests, I could use as a podcasting hub. Surely that's a that's a professional.
Speaker 1: Neighbors going to think of that. The guy on the street, the Lovely street as well, tree line, straight Street.
Speaker 2: And there's a guy morning, I'm going into my office a motor home, obscuring all the views around there. The residents would complain.
Speaker 1: But I think you would get more work done in the motorhome than the shed. So if anyone's got a free motor.
Speaker 2: Home, please, I'm happy to sell a couple.
Speaker 1: Of hundred bucks on the line.
Speaker 2: If anyone has got some kind of shabby mate do home office as well, I'd love to hear about it. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast