Speaker 1: A small show, The Smallsy Show. Hey, right now, joining us live in the studio. The girls in the office got spray tands over the weekend because there's some honks in here. They've been in town for the Hay you fan fest. They're all the way from Charleston, South Carolina. It's Craig and Shep from the hit show called Southern Charm. Let's get them.
Speaker 2: On the.
Speaker 1: Best season on Southern Charm. I caught up.
Speaker 3: Guess who she am me?
Speaker 4: Hey, what's up? This is Craig Connifer.
Speaker 3: This is Shep Rose from Southern Charm.
Speaker 4: Crept Austin hates me.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: On the Smallsy Show right now. Two very proper, very fine gentlemen joining us here.
Speaker 4: It's all a show.
Speaker 1: It's all Craig Shep from Southern Charm. Welcome to the show. For people who know the show Southern Charm, it's been going on for fourteen years with your life on the TV. Is there any not greats? But is there anything you'd want to do over again?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I blacked out for an entire reunion. I would probably change that.
Speaker 3: There's certain episodes and but.
Speaker 4: No, I mean we wouldn't. You said it yesterday? We wouldn't change anything because it's led to where we're at now.
Speaker 2: And I think that's where the beauty of our show comes from. Is you've gotten to live a third of our lives with us and man to our detriment, we don't know how to not share everything with the world. So it's kind of become our lives.
Speaker 3: And the doors it's opened and the opportunities it's provided. It's amazing and you figure out that, you know, people are more similar than you think.
Speaker 2: Everyone's going through the same stuff, they just might not talk about it all the time.
Speaker 1: No, I do agree.
Speaker 3: I think the crazy thing is we did We didn't seek out an entertainment life at all, right, really, yeah, and so it sort of fell into our laps, which I think makes the show that much more authentic. What is it?
Speaker 1: It's the vibe of people in Charleston in general, because it's not like the hugest city, right and fourteen years of making the show, like do they would definitely be like, uh they come again.
Speaker 2: The beginning, Yeah, very disgruntled the beginning, the locals were like God, and then they realized it doesn't and it's been good for business.
Speaker 4: You know, people love to travel to Charleston and.
Speaker 1: Are they tours like Southern charm tours?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, people are looking for us on any particular no doubt. Yeah, I have a knock on our front door. No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a little crazy. But see scavenger hunts you can check off. Yeah, the uber drivers. People will pay the uber drivers to take them by our houses and stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, that would have been was that That would have been fun the first year. But then as the show has become more popular, you know a bit like we should put a gate up.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, then they climb around the gate and it's a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Were you both have single right?
Speaker 4: Yes we are.
Speaker 1: Any ladies caught your eye, well you're hear hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah every time I walked down the street. Okay, So we just haven't had a lot of time to socialize. We've been, we've been.
Speaker 4: I haven't talked to any of them, but I've seen people that I would like to talk.
Speaker 1: Are you hunting?
Speaker 3: Big Game?
Speaker 4: Chef is always always hunt. He's got a lifelong hunting.
Speaker 3: I have a sherpa.
Speaker 1: Yay right here, yes, now talk to me about the show. How many cameras are they on a normal shooting schedule of following you around two crews.
Speaker 2: I have at least eight cameras on me at all times. Wow, depends on who you are now, kidd.
Speaker 3: Two or three cameras on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's funny because I just did a movie and it's shot with one camera, and I had no idea because we're used to multiicams.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, movie, you got to do the same thing seventeen times because it's only one camera.
Speaker 4: Well, chef doesn't like that. We have to walk in.
Speaker 2: Well, we have to do our entrances three ties. That's a little bit of a trade secret.
Speaker 3: And it's it's a little bit when you have the cameras, the very high quality cameras that Bravo uses, sometimes you wish they had a little gorilla style type filming, which we've done before.
Speaker 4: Well, it's very intrusive when we go into public.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in a crowded place, because everyone turns look.
Speaker 2: And you have to turn the music down wherever you are because you don't own the rates of the music.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then also they want to make sure they can hear the conversation about's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's interesting that when we're in a crowded place, and it does work. It looks so cool because it really looks like you're there. Yeah, yeah, it's like virtual reality.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 4: But you always have a camera on your face.
Speaker 1: And so two or three, when I said you were going to be on the show, a bunch of fans, like obviously the fans, they've sent me a bunch of DM questions. So I'm just going to roll through them. One question was that Charleston is such a small city. How hard is it to meet people there to date? Now, everyone clearly knows who you are, and you've dated most of the eligible chicks, right, the pool is drained. Talk about crossover, Yeah, what's the how do we do that? How do we handle this.
Speaker 4: And travel?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, Craig thought he'd have a long distance girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my team thinks I'm coming home with a long distance girlfriend from Australia, which I would what's her name?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Applications still, Yeah, I'm pretty easy on the requirements.
Speaker 4: Just be nice to me and yeah, let's go on Charleston.
Speaker 3: Charleston's a small pond. It's a pond.
Speaker 2: We're getting new we're getting older people moving there now.
Speaker 4: But for a long time. It was only college kids.
Speaker 1: This is Craig. Your pool and entertaining area is so well done. This is a genuine fan question. Uh, probably Page's influence, that's just the question, just observation on your.
Speaker 3: Area.
Speaker 4: I thank god I had a woman's touch.
Speaker 2: I put we we basically redid the entire backyard and house together, and people are like, oh, are you going to change it now?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, heck, no, she did. We did a great job.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know when it comes to the house, your houses, is there like rooms they don't go into because who I swear, I don't know, I've in If you tell many people who had like those reality series camera crews in the house, there's some areas then are off limits.
Speaker 3: But the cruise remember Craig season, I mean, oh Craig, Yeah, it was such a rat dash room. Yeah, he freak out, there's laundry up to your chest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was you know, there was a lot of There was years that I was trying to I was trying to like display a person that I had home yet yeah, and that is Yeah, there were definitely gears where I tried to like throw everything in a room. Fortunately now they can I let the cruise in when I'm not even there, which never used to have.
Speaker 4: And now go in the house, do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Good luck trying to keep a secret in the crew?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cast, Yeah, are they cameras following you now?
Speaker 4: No, we just wrapped.
Speaker 2: So we just finished filming season twelve, which will put us over the two hundred episode mark, which is crazys and thank you, And.
Speaker 3: When I'm old and in a nursing home, I'll watch it back. Yeah, but repeat.
Speaker 4: We're proud of the cast chemistry.
Speaker 2: Right now, for the first time in a long time, we've got a group chat that's active and we're seeing it.
Speaker 4: It's we're proud of our show and our team.
Speaker 3: And it constantly surprises me that that there's still meat left on the boat.
Speaker 4: Now we say it.
Speaker 2: Also, our tone will change when the show comes out. I'm like, I hate doing this.
Speaker 3: We do this?
Speaker 1: Was this was the last. This was my last question because I want to let you go. But like, do you ever get annoyed at the edit? Do you ever get a little angry?
Speaker 3: If so get us started, we're gonna get struck by lightning.
Speaker 2: It's not it's just we we get it.
Speaker 4: We we live, We filmed so much. Yeah that it's it's you can't show everything.
Speaker 3: One time I said something uncomplimentary about somebody and then that person totally validated it, but they cut the validation. No, No, I just look like a jerk, like, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Well, you're doing all right. Boys, enjoy the rest of your time here in Alls, and you know what, come back whenever you want.
Speaker 4: We love you here.
Speaker 3: That radio show for me and Crack Absolutely, we went up.
Speaker 4: We're looking for ways to move here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. Don't miss a moment of the Smallesy show.
Speaker 1: Download the free iHeart app. Now sounds better on iHeart Yes. Head to Chemist Warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication. We discounted prescriptions in every store every day.