Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Guys, I need your honest opinions on something now. Two weeks ago we had a call from a woman called Sue, and we've were taking all stories about did you piff something or did it get piffed at you? And she when she was a kid, her friend had dared her to see how far she could throw a snack a sausage, and she cleared two houses from her She cleared two houses. And then when we're thinking about how we might try and recreate this and encouraged this is to come into the radio station and chuck a snack to see how far they could throw.
Speaker 3: Jack, you led a uprising week.
Speaker 2: I just had a problem about the low indoors in drawing a sausage Jenner Hallway, and you were right. Didn't feel like a real recreation.
Speaker 1: And then last week I started to think, actually, maybe there's a way we can bring back sostos. And this is because what he did Sue did is she threw it over. She tried to clear as many gardens as she could. Okay, what if we got listeners to go and get at least five or six neighbors together where you agreed to try and recreate, and we could take listeners down to your house, but you need to have five or six consecutive doors in a row where they would all take part in SOS task recreation. Where we've been encouraged this to see how far they could clear. How many houses do they think they could do it?
Speaker 2: And is that just because you need their permission to throw a sausage over the yard?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 1: You know me at my heart, I'm an English gentleman. That's the kind of code of ethics I have for radio I think is actually rude. If you're having a quite coffee in the morning and suddenly some of whom flings a snack through the air, it doesn't look good for the radio, you know.
Speaker 2: So we want people to go knock on the door of their neighbors and I.
Speaker 1: Want to yeah, listen later on this week, maybe Thursday or Friday. Radio show wants to recreate this thing woman called Sue. She did two houses is not too bad? Do you think you could do three? Well, you can come and take part, but we need to have I reckon five or six houses signed up.
Speaker 2: And then you need the a fence neighbor as well, and a few houses down that side.
Speaker 3: Case it goes straight wayward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was sadding, there's a wind or some of that ex tropicne cycling Alfred suddenly making its way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sausages in the air. So I was thinking, this is how maybe we could.
Speaker 2: I like that a lot better. It's actually I'm warming up to that.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, right, it felt like a focus group. Over the weekend. We've got some our oldest friends are ow from the UK. They've never been to Australia before, and yes even we're having dinner around at ours and they go.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're doing on the radio show tomorrow and I go, ah, you know a lot of it. We sort of go in.
Speaker 1: We got post it notes and team of swap stories and then we go from there went oh, actually one thing I do know. We're doing this thing called SOS toss. And I literally just told them everything I just told you guys, and the table in my throat right now it's closing up. The table went quite real quick, and I mean stony, not even like that sounds fun. My wife glad me, like you couldn't pick anything better, make something up?
Speaker 3: Could it?
Speaker 2: Have been a stun silence, like, oh my god, he's done it again, reinventing radio, first in the UK and now in Australia.
Speaker 3: So bad was the silence. I went anyone want any more water?
Speaker 1: And I went inside and I was just like, now, I don't know, I don't know, jack where the sauce toss is? It was off, it was on. I don't know whether it's off again. Our snacks in the air or are they just.
Speaker 3: It's cool.
Speaker 2: It's We've warmed it up and called it so many times.
Speaker 3: It's like the actually dangerous. It's actually dangerous. Now you shouldn't reheat some meat? Oh hell the snacks? Thinking all right?
Speaker 1: So team honest reaction right now, temper to check around the team Patsy.
Speaker 2: I could go for it, absolutely resurrected. What what about the market research?
Speaker 3: The dinner time? Who cares about the market research? Thank you, perty, Jackie boy. Honest.
Speaker 2: I can honestly, honestly close my eyes and picture somebody throwing a sausage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can all see. How do you feel about it? Are you proud that that's your radio show? That's what it all boils down to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess it needs if you just tuned in for that episode, you really want the context of this, percon Golld. Soon she called up, she had done a.
Speaker 1: Lot of it's a lot of origin story here constantly on listen, guys, don't judge the show just on this.
Speaker 3: I should explain. Put that snackdown. So I told them what's happening here. It's lukewarm for me, Luke producer, riol cold, producing kating particycating. Hey, I'm kind of.
Speaker 2: Hot on it.
Speaker 3: I say, let the people decide.
Speaker 2: Let's give him a day. If there's five day, what do.
Speaker 3: You need to think about a day? You don't have a day to think about. Who you want to rock the country?
Speaker 2: Home to your family, write a prosing plas list, come back to the showing up over dinner tonight and get back to me.
Speaker 3: Conductor Pole.
Speaker 2: Too hot, one cold in the loopwarm?
Speaker 3: So at the moment, then is this split?
Speaker 2: What has it hot? Has two rios cold?
Speaker 3: I'm in the middle.
Speaker 2: What are you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: You have to go hot cold Jack? No, look what you want? I'm cold? Right? Okay? So too cold? Too hot. I don't like it all.
Speaker 1: Being on me because I don't want to be all alone Friday again, like that dining table yesterday when it got real and I can't set in the middle the show go. Anyone wants some more water? All right, Colding, now you've heard the pitch. You make that, you make the call for us. Should we do sos toss this week where we can courage people.
Speaker 3: You know, the more it sat out.
Speaker 1: There, it is over. I don't want to hear about it anymore.
Speaker 3: Sost toss it's dead. Put the snags in the bin.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connall Show podcast