Speaker 1: What the moon? Shut up and dance twelve and it's past six Monday morning, Christian O'Connell's show for Keem Squarehouse.
Speaker 2: Don't know how else with you and your wife.
Speaker 1: But my wife her highlight of the weekend minus Friday night. My wife says, Sunday, Sunday's a day of doing things, Chris. We clean on Sundays too, that's us right, And I get anxious on a Saturday night.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god, what's waiting for me?
Speaker 1: Even then, given I've never given my task until Sunday morning, I think otherwise she knows I'm at risk of flight, like I might just run away. Actually, so I woke up Sunday and then she was like, actually, do you know what, Chris, Today's a day we need to do X, Y and Z. And one that was my job was to get my carcher out and strip away all the varnish that she made me put on the back deck two years ago. Too dark, Chris, too dark. Just put that on and stripping it prepare take it all off. So you know, when you start somethinking the whys, this is going to take a lot longer. I thought, just stripping away the varnish on that with the jet washer. Right, just to do a small section, say about one foot by one foot, took about ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was going to say, not an easy job.
Speaker 1: And not just that right, because you got to push, you gotta hold it on tracing and then listen to this guy, you got to hold it on. My hand was getting small with the laxic acid build up in my forearms and my biceps. It took me a couple of hours, and halfway through I realized this is today. This is all I'm going to have to show for That was like, Sisyphus is doing this back deck. So anyway, my wife then is also getting my nettinies my haut to get our seventeen year old daughter or a seventeen year old daughter, she needs to tidy up as well. Now you went to your kids who in teenage years, you come at them on a Sunday and say you need to tidy and clean the car and all these things that she promised she would do to have the advance on her pocket money. I said to my wife during the week when she said, hey, listen, if you give me pocket money early, I'll do a lot of stuff. The week. Yeah, that isn't happening. Get her to do it now or it's never going to be done. Yesterday, having a right it was like an insurgence battle, right with someone throwing bombs you on the street. But my wife goes to me, you go up there, right, She's just slammed the door on my face, and I go, it's okay. I operate from a different way. I'm kind of like a horse whisper for teenagers.
Speaker 2: Take the jet washer's defense.
Speaker 1: Start clean down her bedroom. Yes, she accused me of having I've written this down so I've not heard this before. Toxic productivity. Actually I laugh like that, Joe, that is good. I said, let me just get my phone and write that in there that. I went, Wow, you put that. They bandied that toxic word around now a lot. Toxic productivity.
Speaker 2: Well, now you can put toxic in front of everything. That's if that's the case.
Speaker 1: I said, your behavior in now toxic teenager ing for you, Mum and I. So we're meant to clean all this up. So we have this running battle for a couple of hours, me her and my wife. My wife is texting me going, can you go up there again? And I have to keep going, and she says, what is it now? What's mum setting you up to do? Anyway, yesterday evening to create some sort of peace, I did something I haven't done since I was a kid, and I loved it. I saw that she was watching TV by itself. I said, hey, do you want to watch something together? Shouldn't? Yeah? I saw that shod a bowl of Coca Pops. I went and got a bowl of Coca Pops. It's a brave new world at fifty. Why have I waited so long to have Coca Pops again? I reckon the last time I had a chat I was a kid.
Speaker 2: And not even that having it not at breakfast is just an added bonus on top of.
Speaker 1: That, someday you get a bit of the old Sunday blues. I've now worked out a way finally, not no more where you've got bowl of Coca Pops on a go