Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Don't put your head in your hair.
Speaker 4: I guess with the bag ende you can keep your distance.
Speaker 5: There is no wiggle room. You are on an airline called Wiggleness.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: Good morning, It's a Christian O'Connell show, Monday morning. Ten minutes past six. Coome onring, Jackie Boy, Good to see you guys. Come on in Patsy. Hey, So how was fansom of the opera?
Speaker 5: Any? Jack started to go how as a spectacle?
Speaker 7: It was incredible, like he's doing some sort of book report as a spectacle. Remarkable, It was a spectacle, wonderful.
Speaker 5: First of all, did you go out for dinner beforehand?
Speaker 7: Because if you go to the theater, you go for a nice little dinner beforehand in the theater district.
Speaker 4: We planned too, but we were so rushed, had to drop Gordon off at mum and dad's house, and then we didn't leave enough time to go to dinner. So Dad drove us into the Art Center and took us through McDonald's drive.
Speaker 5: Oh classy, when you would assumed.
Speaker 4: I know you're in black. We were in black tie, so I was trying to lean over my box of nugget.
Speaker 5: Probably thought you were in it. Guys in a phantom get a rush on his cheeks.
Speaker 3: We had a lovely dinner at the Art Center, but I got yeah, bar A, I made a booking. But do you know what I did? I always go it's lovely. I stupidly didn't take a card. I just had cash. I was going cash cash Friday night, and I don't have.
Speaker 5: A these days.
Speaker 3: Nana Nana, just.
Speaker 5: Folding out to get that big old watcher. Make it rain, make it rain in here.
Speaker 8: Bar A.
Speaker 3: Well, it was embarrassing because we were starving. I hadn't had breakfast. Audrey she's eleven, she's always hungry, so we both ordered steaks. Were halfway through it and Audrey goes, Mum, there's a sign on the table. It's no cash, it's only car.
Speaker 5: What did you do?
Speaker 3: I thought, Oh, I'll be washing dishes. So I had to call our waiter over. I said, oh, we've got a problem. I've only got cash, and he looked at me like I was some sort of freak from out of space.
Speaker 4: Don't you have at least the tap on your phone?
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 5: You don't have that.
Speaker 4: That's such a that's so easy to get you.
Speaker 3: I know I need to do it. So then they had to get the manager over. It was like a whole team at our table, so embarrassing, and Audrey just wanted to crawl under the day and I said, look, I'm terribly sorry.
Speaker 4: I well, were your mouthsful?
Speaker 9: And like, just.
Speaker 7: Because you're eating all off for free, we're going to bring the buddy out.
Speaker 3: Well, I said, I don't even like. They said, we don't have cat like change and I said that's okay, that's you don't have to give me change. I had, like, you know, eight bucks over. I said, look, that's fine. That is for your trouble. And then I thought, oh my good man, for eights.
Speaker 7: Have a trunk top on me about eight months at the theater, trouble.
Speaker 4: Split it up amongst everybody. I want the dishes, he a man as well.
Speaker 5: I chucked some too the phantom as well, for your trouble. Okay, high roll? Are you sure?
Speaker 3: That's all I could do? And then I thought, how am I going to get out of the car park after the fandom? I thought, I'm not going to be able to get out or do you thought mom was sleeping in the car? I have to get down to come and get us anyway, the lady very kindly, she said, you'd be amazed at the amount of people. This happens too, she said, I just have to let them out otherwise, you know, so I'll know next time.
Speaker 4: Oh that good hack for everybody going to the a.
Speaker 7: And so, what was Phantom? I've never seen Phantom in the opera? What's it like?
Speaker 3: It was beautiful.
Speaker 4: It's honestly, it is fantastic. It looks amazing. I just have trouble.
Speaker 5: Patsy says she saw you googling during the intermition. What's it about? Is a real story?
Speaker 3: Hum and very concerned. What does it mean? Is he alive? Is he dead?
Speaker 8: What is he?
Speaker 4: Even when I saw Lame mis, I had the same problem. I can't understand the lyrics. When they're singing in that high range in the high seto all the time, and it's about ten percent talking nine singing.
Speaker 7: That's too much singing for me. They need to get maybe fifty to fifty guys more just dialogue.
Speaker 4: At one of the talking points, the cast members are going, oh, Christine, how did she get such a good voice, she must have a tutor. And I leant over to Bianca and I said, I bet the tutor is the Phantom. Banker said, they already told us.
Speaker 7: That spoiler, that WFE cracked it.
Speaker 5: So what's it actually about.
Speaker 4: Well, I was so in the first act. After the first act, in the intermission, I was googling whether Phantom was a real person or if he was a ghost.
Speaker 3: Because I was And sure you were overthinking it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they keep seeing the Phantom of the Operas in my mind. So I thought, well, maybe he's not even real, Maybe he's a ghost, and we'll find out at the end that he was never really there.
Speaker 3: No, he was a circus freak as a child. No, it was he was a circus freak.
Speaker 7: He was aggressive, he was not telling the news story of the Phantom circus freak on the loose in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: They actually used some language that you probably could get canceled for today when they described the.
Speaker 3: And he escapes with the paras Opera house and that's where and he was Actually it was that bordering of of genius and crazy man, wasn't it. And he was a sporter?
Speaker 7: Isn't it like two towns to suburbs like village.
Speaker 3: And he trained Christine to be this, but it was confusing because Christine talks about her father to the outside.
Speaker 5: So Christine is a protegee, is that right?
Speaker 4: She's the main oper.
Speaker 3: She's the main opera sing she's an up and coming a soprano, and.
Speaker 5: She's been trained by circus freak essentially.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: And I thought he I always thought he lived at the opera He did. No, he lived in because when they're on that boat, isn't he.
Speaker 3: Rolling downstairs in the opera house in the bows of the opera house, Well, he has to row through the on the gondola.
Speaker 5: It was flooded.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's down in the sewers.
Speaker 5: The opera house.
Speaker 3: Yes, No, at the bottom of the opera house.
Speaker 4: Well, he was in the sewers.
Speaker 3: He was right, you actually.
Speaker 9: At all.
Speaker 4: I just couldn't understand.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 7: A Patsy Jack's still been going on about Phantom and the Opera, saying how a couple of times she couldn't understand what they were saying. Because there are a couple of people singing over singing on top of each other. They do it guys guys on the radio show one person at a time, Phantom, then Christine back to Phantom.
Speaker 4: And nunsiate, we can't understand you. There was a lot of singing over the top of each other, and I didn't realize until halfway through the first song, which is one of the operas they put on, is in Italian or French. I was straining so hard to understand what they were saying before I realized it was a different language.
Speaker 5: Do you know what?
Speaker 7: I think most people that go to theater and see musicals haven't got a clue what's going on. They just don't want to tell you on far of looking ignorant, And.
Speaker 4: It feels like that, especially because we were all dressed up in black tie. I noticed a lot of the special guests there were from the ABC, so it was a very hointy toyy crowd and huggy and hugging was there. But you didn't want to say at the end of it, I didn't understand, so you pretty irmittate.
Speaker 5: We all sing at the same time.
Speaker 7: Huh, ABC, have you still got that camera that you had to keep an eye lunar your dog when she was gone on a kitchen top yes, I need to borrow it this week. Okay, someone is letting their dog take a dump on my nature strip, right. This happens about every five or six days, and fortunately, say one of the kids trodden it and walked it through the house. Do you know when you can smell dog crap and you know it's on like someone's shoes.
Speaker 5: As soon as you can smell it in the house, someone's walked dog crap into the house.
Speaker 4: The first thing you do is check your feet.
Speaker 7: You're like, oh, yes, it's one of the teenagers on the soliv trainer.
Speaker 5: And I said, oh, I'll get it out.
Speaker 7: Have a half an hour to get that stuff right in the groove. Isn't it.
Speaker 5: Just want to burn the shoes? It's horrible. No, No, onen't got an old toothbrush. I was like scrubbing it, trying to get it out like that.
Speaker 7: Anyway, this happens every five or six stays, and it's got to be someone local. You're not driving outside my house unless you've got really don't like the radio, you've got a real ventetta against me. When so it's got in their diary, it's time to get in the car.
Speaker 5: Kids go and take another dump. On his lawn. Hopefully soon he's going to get the message.
Speaker 4: There's people in our street who put up aggressive notes. I'm not sure how well it works, but taped around the telegraph pole it says please do not let your dog pooh here anymore. Somebody has even put up a little dog poo being to say, hey, don't let your dog pooh hit here anymore, and put up.
Speaker 5: If you've got dogs, right, we've all got dogs.
Speaker 7: You can't tend for what without the poo bags. Got to take the pooh bag away.
Speaker 4: And so I always feel like the people who leave it must have those big like Burmese dogs because they're always the size of like a horse.
Speaker 7: Yeah no, no, there's there's a lot of poo out the front there, right, it's terrible. My wife has said we need to get some signs made up that says I'm watching you. Yeah, so that might be too aggressive, and we can't get any more aggressive there letting their dog. It's the second or third time it's happened. Crap on our nature strip.
Speaker 4: Let's put the camera up.
Speaker 7: I want to put the camera up because I'm I think I know who it might be. Someone around the corner. I think I know who it is, but yeah, I need your camera.
Speaker 6: The Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 7: We do a thing where you turn into song detectives. She does sometimes she's trying to work out what a song is called. And all you've got is part of the song. This was my wife a couple of weeks ago. All she had was this.
Speaker 5: Little I didn't think it was a song.
Speaker 7: Didn't you need to have any of the components required for a song?
Speaker 5: But what have you called? Any guess right? Adie amos my nya?
Speaker 7: Put the two together, then produce a rio on this show can work out what this song was.
Speaker 1: No no, no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 5: To us, that was a cold lead.
Speaker 7: But seriously, the first person calling guess the song just won't do.
Speaker 1: No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 7: Now this might be your hardest challenge. Yep, I've got one. I don't know what the song is, but I know I love this song, but I forgot what it is.
Speaker 5: Let's pain in a picture about how it's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be well, you've got something that the others didn't have. You've got voice. Are they actual lyrics?
Speaker 5: You don't know. I'm pretty sure there's something about a picture.
Speaker 7: A picture is definitely in that song. Even googled let's paint a picture song and then hit return on Google. Nothing a Google work. I had no idea. So if any have you got any idea?
Speaker 3: Patsy, no, no idea, Only that you need singing lessons.
Speaker 5: Oh, bit rich there.
Speaker 2: Cat, this is the Christian o'common show podcast.
Speaker 7: On paper, this job should be quite straightforward. We chat to you, you call in.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 7: Jack just took a call from a guy just trying to work out what that song was. Innocent question. Do you know what the song is? I'd rather not give my name. Why the mystery, James Bond, are you on a secret mission right now?
Speaker 5: Just guess? Just trying to help me out. I don't know what the song is.
Speaker 7: We don't need to complicate this exchange. I didn't need for secrecy anyway. We call us the song Detectives because we allow you guys to become the song detectives.
Speaker 5: All weekend, I've been trying to remember what this song is. Okay, what is this song? Let's paint a picture about how it's gonna be. Let me just paint a picture.
Speaker 7: By the way, I went into our wardrobe because I thought the acoustics, because they like I need to worry about the acoustics. I've just walked in the end. I was on the floor doing it, thinking this will have the acoustics as well. Actually, I don't have any artists to sit on the floor and called songs. You went to a gig the singers is sat on the floor.
Speaker 4: Also, how close did you have the microphone? We can really see it.
Speaker 7: In my mind and the song is already up close with it. Let My wife goes, what are you doing here?
Speaker 5: You're okay? All right? What do you think the song is? Let's go to uh Stephanie. She's lucky. She wants to give us her name, Stephanie. Good morning, good morning, How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm good, Stephanie. Have you had a lovely weekend and joined the sunshine? What do you think the song is?
Speaker 8: I thought it was Jesse's Girl by Rick Springfield, but now I think this sing is Joshua Cadison. But I can't remember the name of the song.
Speaker 7: So, but originally you thought it was This is pretty familiar to me. He's paid about a billion times.
Speaker 5: Let's take another guests, Thank you trying to how Let's go to Dave. Good morning, Dave, Good morning, Christian mate.
Speaker 10: As soon as you sung those lyrics, I knew that song. It's one of my favorite songs from the eighties. And the last caller was right, is Joshua Gattison the songs called Jesse not Jesse's Girl. This is it?
Speaker 9: This is it?
Speaker 5: I mean that is air. I was on the nose of this. I've heard.
Speaker 7: Unlikely unlikely. Let's have me and Joshua singing it together, and then my closet sessions.
Speaker 5: Yeah about pus.
Speaker 10: Which one I was talking about, we can guess.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, Dave, genuinely so. Joshua Cadison h Jesse now and I'm going to listen to.
Speaker 5: It on the way home. Thank you very much. Dave a brighter you're.
Speaker 6: Listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 7: So I was just saying earlier, how somebody is letting their dog drop a big old poop. It's a pooh done it. That's what I'm dealing with. A Pooh done it on my nature strip. That the second or third time they've done it. The frequencies were every five days. I'm sure they've got something in the diary uh to to come around and do it again. And my wife wants me to put a note up. I want to borrow a Jack's secret camera so I can f the culprit and catch them red handed. Perry, who works on the show, who is the master of passive aggressive notes that are ninety nine point nine percent aggressive, has done one of these four.
Speaker 5: So what was the situation.
Speaker 4: Well, you'll find out in the note. This is I think disturbing, but Perry's happy to share it. Hello, I'm writing to you because your cat keeps coming and crapping on our property. If you don't keep your cat indoors, there will be consequences.
Speaker 5: Consequence.
Speaker 4: Wow, this has happened more than a dozen times, and if it happens again, I will take matters into my own hand.
Speaker 3: That's very threatening, it is.
Speaker 4: He said. I wrote this earlier in the year.
Speaker 5: Presume this was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen the cat again, so we know.
Speaker 7: Why Perry's wearing its skin. I always wonder why Perry had a furry face of whiskers. Now we know that's terrifying consequences. And then it's the it's the line about matters into my own hand. It's the threatening of violence or physicality.
Speaker 4: You leave me with no choice. But as somebody whose neighbors cat craps on the yard, it's horrible.
Speaker 3: I stop a cat though a dog's easy. Cattle do what a cat.
Speaker 4: Wants to dos, can get anywhere. And you know what's worse is the dog eats the cat crap.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this happened to our house, right, so our German shepherd dog eats Larry.
Speaker 5: It's a horrible relationship.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, it's just discuss.
Speaker 7: You just be having a nice meal shepherd dog cato throwing it up and then.
Speaker 5: Eating the vomit cap.
Speaker 7: Why what means you do that? That's a disgusting thing. I'm gonna share this with you now. This email came in over the weekend for a guy called Ben's quite a unique request, Christian, I have a super super random request. He's right, this is I'm having both my arms tattooed. It's been a very long pro says, getting them filled with only a few spots left to go. Having said this, there is a spot on my shoulder for you guys. I'm thirty nine, been a loyal gold List since high school. I love listening to you guys in the morning. Could you just Compats sign a picture of the gold FM logo for me to then get tattooed on my shoulder. This would mean the world to me as your show has been the longest relationship I've had. Let me know what you think, Ben.
Speaker 4: All right, First thing, we complained about that logo a lot behind the scenes. Yeah it's not our favorite.
Speaker 5: No, but what are we going to Are you happy to sign something?
Speaker 7: And then Ben's going to get that pony tattooed on his shoulder?
Speaker 3: What about the photo with the three of us? That's more appropriate. I love my face on someone's shoulder.
Speaker 5: Would you why?
Speaker 3: Because I think it'd be awesome.
Speaker 4: I'll initial it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll sign it for you, Ben, but Patsy's so I'll sign it. You're going to initiate it. Patsy's happy to do. Definitely have faith on there better. I hope that helps.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 7: Now on the show, we'd love you to tell us about your weekend in six words, and then you text them into us on four seven five O three one oh four three, And then.
Speaker 3: You texted six words wrapped from your phone hard to tell us just how your weekend was.
Speaker 5: Were you what the barber chilling at home?
Speaker 9: Text us now, Bud, only you six words in your message?
Speaker 5: My weekend in six words?
Speaker 7: My wife's birthday tomorrow over the weekend, my six words would have been try to wrap a pair of skis. You ever tried to wrap a pair of skis? LADDI impossble. I don't even know why I was trying to wrap them. She's gonna know it's a flipping pair of skis. They're wrapping paper. There's no mistaque with these. They'd be skis here.
Speaker 4: I feel like skis falls into that category of things like a bike, where you just put a blanket or sheet over it. And then when she walked in the room, like.
Speaker 7: God, do you know what, I thought, Oh, this would be quite cute to wrap them. And then you know, when you're about a bit into something, you think I can't I can't stop now, and you're.
Speaker 5: Like, this is really really hard.
Speaker 7: So I'm just trying to wrap the paper around it and then it was like all scrunched up. It looked so amateurush I had to start again. It took ages to and then they got these I don't scheme. I think they called the bindings a bit we clipping with a clam. Of course you try to get the paper there, and it was cheap paper as well. It would just go through like someone was piercing through it. It looks awful, it looks so anyway, she's getting these mystery items tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I wonder what you've got me here? Is it a cano? Is it something for the kitchen? And there's two of them, giant santops.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised you didn't give up halfway through. Just do one and like unwrap one and then the other one.
Speaker 5: The other one's in the Garage'll get Jackie by. What's your weekend? In six words?
Speaker 4: Six words? Goodbye late nights, Hello kids, parties. This weekend was a first birthday for Gordon's best friend Sophie June. So it's not going out on a Saturday night anymore. It's sorry, bunting and balloons in the park, sunscreen and appropriate hats. Presents. We got a three presents. I don't know what. Yes, so general is so excited or pre ordered them and then got a present for the mom and dad as well. We got the bottle of gin so. But we wrapped them all strangely. We wrapped them all in the same present.
Speaker 5: So you can't put the two skis together.
Speaker 4: Just a kid's summer out fit.
Speaker 5: And just giving it to him.
Speaker 7: Now, you know, maybe on tenth or eleventh he can start to tuck into it.
Speaker 4: What I will say I liked about kids parties though, Well, one is the treats that were there. I must eaten seven miles bar slices and mini sausage rolls. But because all the kids that are there have to go to sleep and take their nap. But the party's actually quite short. And that's my kind of social outing is in one or two hours. You're done.
Speaker 5: Now that's it. Yep.
Speaker 7: Troubles though, as they start to get older, those get longer and longer, don't they, Patsy. Then you have some parents who hang around for the party, and there's the count. Did you also find that all the dads sort of glue together. I just have that kind of dad chat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't want to it does happen? It happens quickly as well. The mums go to one side, the dad's go to the other side. I thought, for a second, I'll break this and I went and sat with Byanka and then oh, you know, it was only two minutes of like talking about what leap they're up to, and I was like, you know what, I'll go back to the.
Speaker 5: Patsy. What's your weekend of six works?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Does the Christmas tree come apart? So we put the big monstrosity that is our Christmas eight foot Christmas tree in the house finally yesterday, but Chris stupidly erected it before he took it inside. So he tried to get it through the doorway, couldn't And it's got like fake snow. Got this new tree, it's beautiful, fake snow on it. And as he was kind of trying to ram it through the doorway, all the fake snow was coming off off the branches. I'm saying, no, no, no, you're wrecking it. You're wrecking it. He just wanted to get it inside, like he wanted to get it done in five minutes and go back to his Netflix show that he was watching.
Speaker 4: Is he pulling it side through first?
Speaker 5: Yes? He did.
Speaker 3: I said, what are you doing? You need to do like pointy pointy first, So then he tries pointy, but then it got halfway stuck with him in the doorway and he said, I'm going to have to actually pull it apart. So then he need to pull it apart. So what should have been like a five minute job ended up being like two hours.
Speaker 7: So was yours Christmas tree actually up now in November the seventh.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's up, but it's not finished decorating.
Speaker 4: It's up with lights and a trail of fake snow heading from the garage into the living room.
Speaker 3: You need to get the dison out and clean it up.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 7: Christian Connell's show podcast Tell That's all about your weekend in six words text him in two four seventy five three one oh four three.
Speaker 5: All right, let's go through your weekends.
Speaker 7: Christian Hamm's my weekend not built to play tennis twice? Yeah, there's a certain age you get to. We're doing something twice in two days back to back is not a possibility anymore.
Speaker 5: Finally went to some Sally finally.
Speaker 7: Went skydiving, So freaking amazing, Sally, well done.
Speaker 5: Have you ever done that?
Speaker 4: I've been once and that's all you need to do. Yeah, yeah, first.
Speaker 5: But here we are fer St Kilda or New Zealand.
Speaker 4: Where you're going in Queenstown?
Speaker 5: Did you was it amazing?
Speaker 4: It's amazing.
Speaker 5: You really should do it, but terrifying?
Speaker 3: Did you do like the tandem or wet yourself?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You have to do like I don't think you could just rock it yourself.
Speaker 7: Jump so incredibly complicated in I watched the YouTube.
Speaker 5: Video on the uber here, so wear them shoots.
Speaker 4: I'll figure it out on the way down.
Speaker 5: Why finally watched Chop Gun Maverick. Is that still on the cinema?
Speaker 4: Yes? I saw it still on an Imax.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's read the other day.
Speaker 7: It's up to now some of like one and a half billion dollars.
Speaker 5: It's made.
Speaker 7: It's Tom Cruise's most successful movie. It is a great movie. Couldn't go fishing. Bloody Kid's Birthday. That's from Andrew contending for.
Speaker 5: Dad of the Year.
Speaker 7: Bloody Kid's Birthday. Can't get my rods out? The Races This is from Joe. The Races, Losses, the block losses.
Speaker 5: Wait, are people gambling on the block?
Speaker 1: Surely not?
Speaker 5: I mean in Australia. I know you all better. Surely you can't actually gamble on tom.
Speaker 7: A Pajusu does like a flutter with his Maltese, is nodding his head like yes you can and yes I have, Yes.
Speaker 4: I lost.
Speaker 7: Christian Connell's show podcast. We're going to open up the lines now. We want to hear about the businesses. Maybe your kids have got them right now that you had when you were younger, businesses that you had as a kid. On nine four one oh four three. Patty, your daughter's got a very successful business, isn't she.
Speaker 3: Audio makes up jewelry like bracelets and ear rings and stuff and sells it to the kids at school. So she takes personalized orders and she'll do colors and whatever beads.
Speaker 5: The incredible entrepreneurship.
Speaker 4: Do you reckon the school? She would? She get in trouble from the she would.
Speaker 3: So that's good, isn't it. Mu'm talking about it on air, But.
Speaker 7: Barbas that the mom will go who's her mum? Oh God, you don't want that.
Speaker 5: No, No, I don't they know. Whatever that kid wants to do. Let the business go on. Let's put some orders in kindly on us.
Speaker 3: And then my niece Sasha. Yesterday we caught up with the family and she's got this absolutely ripper idea. She's come up with this idea. She sells it at markets. It's a kit you can buy. It's called poor Casso. I'll put it up on my Instagram lady today. But what it is you can it's to get your dog to paint. So it's really hard to explain, but it comes with the kit. And we did one with Presley yesterday.
Speaker 5: Get the dog to Yes.
Speaker 7: I mean I did this with my cat Larry, where it's a very kind of the heavy guided. No dog is sat around on its bed to get if only.
Speaker 5: I can paint.
Speaker 3: It comes with a tiny little canvas and what you do You put the canvas in a plastic bag. It comes with two little sachets of peanut butter. You smear it on the top of the plastic and then you've got these tiny tubes of paint that we've squirted on the canvas. And as the dog licks the canvas on, which is plastic, with the canvas underneath, it makes it a painting. It's quite novel.
Speaker 4: And how did it look? At the end of Presley's one.
Speaker 3: I'll put it up on instain, is it you'll see.
Speaker 5: I saw the photo you sent yesterday. It looks like that that happened is a fact.
Speaker 7: I'm not a family member of Perkatta, but i'd be fewish.
Speaker 5: Taking his name. Basically a dog licking some bit of art.
Speaker 7: Let's get producing, Kate. Then she had he know, no, no, come in the studio. She always gets so excited when she's come in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're run. Yeah you take mind? Yeah, tell us about that.
Speaker 11: So when I was a kid, probably about six or seven, I used to make doorstops and sell them on the side of the road on the Yeah, like a gyp painted them and everything.
Speaker 4: You did you have a.
Speaker 5: Hand for that, But he just caught you like a gypsy.
Speaker 3: What were they, Caitlin? Were they what weighted them down? How'd you do it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 11: If they were just would right?
Speaker 3: And what do you mean what weighted them down?
Speaker 4: What were the paperway? It is just a wedge of timber.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know you standing where I stand, Kaitlyn, and you're slightly getting irritated by That's what I have.
Speaker 5: What we're going that way?
Speaker 7: While we now going and hold is sad I'm trying to do a three point turn. Now with the show, you take us weight. No more questions about the doors stops. Sorry, keep businesses, Let's get us back on the main road.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast Kid Businesses.
Speaker 5: Kelly, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 7: I'm good Kelly. How you had a great weekend? So tell us about your family.
Speaker 8: Well, my kids are running a like shark tank kind of little business going on here. The eldest one at eleven came to me and said, Mum, I want to make candles. All right, we'll stumpy up the cash, no worry. So she started making candles and selling them out the front of the house. The middle one at ten said that's not fair. I'm missing out and all the fun. So he makes soap, specifically monkey Fart float.
Speaker 7: I mean, great brand, great branded to his market is peers at ten that is going to play big?
Speaker 4: Isn't so really hard to make? I'm just thinking of the scene from Fight Club.
Speaker 8: Yeah no, no, no, it's just a scent and it sounds like bubblegum. And then the little one who's eight went, well, I'm out on all the fun too, So he makes bath salts. So mummy and Daddy stumped up the cash for everything and they've paid us all back and now they've got enough cash to buy their own supplies. They've made stones. They sit out the front of the house with a table and chairs. They've got to.
Speaker 5: Cash the it's so impressive.
Speaker 8: Love it at ten eleven and eight.
Speaker 7: That is impressive. You're doing really well there and so where are you? Do you want to give them a plug? When do they want? They're opening hours of Saturday for half an hour.
Speaker 8: Well, we're in Coburg and they sit on the side of our road and we put it on Facebook on our little community page, and yeah, anything to get rid of the thirty kilo boxes of wax would be great.
Speaker 4: I'm in Coburg. You got the team a whole lot of candles and soap this weekend.
Speaker 5: Some of the moneys.
Speaker 8: And they're really gross green coloring. They're in the shape of a star. They's fantastic.
Speaker 5: Awesome. Keatie, thank you very much, and good on you for all the kids as well. That's great.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 7: It's good to Michael. Come on in, Michael, Hey mate, I'm good Michael. So kid businesses, was this you or is your kids?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 12: This is me, mate, Yeah, no, going up. I was about sixty seven year old. My parents are on the motel and during the Christmas holidays take the alcohol out of the fridge and take the local sitting out the front and sell it for myself instead of making it for the business. I'd make a couple hundred bucks throughout the night, and parents didn't realize the next morning when I was cashed up and couldn't work out why. But I'm wondering why the.
Speaker 7: Fridge is half empty, but your pockets are fellow notes, Yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 5: That's at all.
Speaker 12: Yeah, five dollars for ten dollar cand of drinks, right, you know, all off from.
Speaker 5: Myself A brighter note.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the question, you know, Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 7: We need your help and we actually are people who are going to have a very very tough time this Christmas. One email last weekend from an amazing woman called Kim and has got an amazing charity that she's part of and they need our help. So Kim's on the line right now.
Speaker 9: Kim, good morning, Oh, good morning, Christian, how are you.
Speaker 5: I'm good?
Speaker 7: So Kim tell everybody about this amazing small but in your words, fierce little charity Mums Supporting Families in Need.
Speaker 9: Thank you. Yes. It was started around ten years ago by a young mum named Jody who realized that she had lots of you know, clothes their children had grown out of, maybe the car seat and the pram, and thought, well what can I do with them? And decided she wanted to give them to another family who perhaps was doing it a bit tough. And then her friends sort of cottoned on and next thing you know, there's maybe five or ten mums doing it, and like with most charities, it organically grew, and that's where we are now, ten years down the track, and last year alone we supported over four thousand individuals through the provision of material aid as well as toy drive at Christmas and the food hampers at Christmas. So it's a little bit like Paul Kelly, you know, from small things, big things grow, and that's kind of where we're at now.
Speaker 7: So you emailed me last weekend, right and you said that these hampers that you put together right there are about sixty five dollars and they're given to families at this time of year. That is, it's a gift for a family who are really toughing it having it time to that though, that not forgotten about that.
Speaker 5: We're thinking about them.
Speaker 7: So you've got around five hundred dampers, but you need the money for another five hundred more because there's such big demand this year.
Speaker 9: Absolutely. What we do is we work in partnership with social welfare agencies, so places like Uniting, Family Life, anglic Care, et cetera. And they have put in a request for their clients, so those people who are on their books who would need a little extra at Christmas, and the request came in was phenomenal. In fact, it not the sideways. It was nearly three thousand hampers and we're like, whoa, So we've done our absolute best in our community have been extraordinarily generous, as they are every year, and we've got a commitment to just over five hundred, but we're aiming for one thousand. And that's when I thought, you know, we needed to ask for help so we can help them. It's a kind of like a flow on effect, really pebble in a pond. So that's why I reached out to you guys, because even the most tenacious charities do need to ask for help. And we don't get any government funding at all. We basically rely on the generosity of our donors and our sponsors to do the work we do in our amazing community who rally behind us all through the year, but particularly at Christmas. They are quite humbling, really wonderful And yeah, Kim.
Speaker 5: It's such a hand to mouth existance.
Speaker 7: You're telling them about the footy club Downam Frankston, who lend you some space to actually make up the hampers, and then when you get the money you go down to woll Worth you place the orders.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what happens is with the hampers that we've got coming in from the community, the people will actually make the hampers and then drop them off to us at the footy club. So I'll have about five hundred and fifty hampers coming in over a two and a half day period, and then over another two day period all the agencies comes out of the footy club and pick them up. But what we'll do with this money, if we get any from your listeners, is we'll place the orders and we'll have them delivered directly to the agencies to distribute to the families in the lead up to Christmas. So we'll do it kind of a hybrid version for the two streams, so we're very excited.
Speaker 7: Well, look, Ken, we'd love to try and get you the extra five hundred hampers. Obviously we're relying on you know, Christmas time is a tough time for people, and we know that, Yeah, you'll know this. It's very hard, isn't it for charities, you know, especially like really local charities like you guys. But I know that people want to help, and our listeners have got big hearts and actually, you know, with the weather, yes they were all getting signed about the summer coming in Christmas, but it is heartbreak and think about a family that are actually worried about the basic thing, not a meal that day.
Speaker 9: And the thing is that, you know, for most of us, we think that someone in need of material aid has either made bad decisions or you know, but we're all literally one step away, and with the rising cost of everything, I'm sure a lot of people are nervous and scared about what the future might hold, but there are some who are just already in that space and we all just need a little bit of help every now and then. There's no shame in it, and there's certainly no judgment. And you know, there's something actually quite strong about asking for help and being able to accept it and then when you're in a position perhaps to be able to then pay it forward yourself. So I think most people inherently are generous and wander help, and it's just a case of people knowing what we do and perhaps thinking that we might be a small charity they might like to support, and you'd seriously love to have them on board to help escap to the goals we're.
Speaker 7: After, all right, So if you listen to listening, whether it's five dollars, ten dollars, whatever, you can date each hamper is about sixty five dollars, so I need to try and raise around about thirty two thousand dollars to get these extra five hundred hampers. So anything you can donate right now, we've set up a page where you can donate. All donations will be taxadutble as well, because they're a nonprofit charity which all helps.
Speaker 5: So head to the.
Speaker 7: Christian o'connells show dot com dot au and that's where you can donate. And there is anybody listening who happens to work for any of the supermarkets. It'd be really great if these orders that are coming through could be a vastly reduced rate as well, because it is basics like flour and pasta and long life milk as well. You shouldn't have to be paying full WAK for that for what you're doing as well. And you're right, people do want to help. Kim, you're amazing. Thank you so much. And also your teams have all the amoments who've been doing this over the last ten years. I think it's incredible. It's in order to try and help you guys. Let's see what happens over the next couple of days.
Speaker 9: Jim, that's amazing. I'd like to just give a shout out to all our amazing volunteers who without them we couldn't do what we do, and to everyone who's ever donated or supported us over the past ten years. Thank you so very much.
Speaker 7: All Right, Kim, fingers crossed to see what happens, head to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au.
Speaker 6: Thank you, the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Everyone who's donating at the moment, trying to raise money for five hundred extra hampers for families who are already struggling this year, part this amazing charity Mum's supporting families in need. If you'd like to donate, head two The Christian o'connells Show dot com dot au Jackie boy, what are we out so far? We're trying to get thirty two thousand dollars, which means five hundred hampers. Each hamper is sixty five.
Speaker 4: Bucks two six hundred and fifty five.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much everyone who's donating. All right, let's get into this week's misheard lyrics. It's just another mishard many Christian O'Connell's misshard lyrics. Everybody on the show. We go through your mishard lyrics as we play them back. If we agree with what you think you're mishearing, you're here. If we don't, And for the Great Ones, Hall of Favor, Crystal Brandt, well into the Hall of Fame with pint.
Speaker 5: You can call me your elephants.
Speaker 6: You can call me irrelevant.
Speaker 7: All right, the see what we got this week? This song was Ray har b gees more than a woman or is it bald headed woman? That is bald headed woman? Yes, I can hear a baldheaded woman. China heard the country got involved with this. China's got involved. Listen like thieves in excess the original lyric. But who needs that when it's all in your hands?
Speaker 5: Or is it called a China? The food is hot when it's all in your hands? No, China.
Speaker 7: Hope we don't start an international incident. But China noes. Brittany Lee's got this from heart alone?
Speaker 5: How do I get you alone? Or Brittany?
Speaker 7: How do I give to a gnome? How do I give to a gnome that is that is really there? How do I give to a gnome?
Speaker 5: Brittany? Well done? Winston's got this some Sam Sparrow, black and gold.
Speaker 7: I want to be next to you black and gold, black and gold?
Speaker 5: Or is it I want to be next to you like a goat, like a goat? Three goats? Do you count them? Everyone? Pay a long three goats. That is a great one.
Speaker 7: Well done, Winston instance Hall of Mick Couch, Pearl jam alive.
Speaker 5: Sorry you didn't see him, but I'm glad we talked. I love this one.
Speaker 7: Sorry or is it sorry you didn't see him? But I'm playing the guitar.
Speaker 5: It he's busy okay, playing that old guitar.
Speaker 7: Sorry you didn't see him, but I'm playing the guitar from Eddie Vedde n.
Speaker 5: I love that make couch. Come on in.
Speaker 7: And finally this is from Chris Christian our sons Fraserain Rhodes would love to submit to miss Thank you, Fraser Roads. Let's groove by CBD. If this groove or is it Pooper Scoop Scoop.
Speaker 5: Yooper Scoop?
Speaker 9: Is there?
Speaker 5: Well done? Boys?
Speaker 7: Ahi, Thank you very much. Sure all your miss hurd lyrics has always email me when you get them. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com.
Speaker 6: Do you Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 7: So this week we are relying once more on your generosity. Any big hearts to donate whatever you can five dollars, ten dollars Ashley, thank you very much for your money. Tino just come in with their money. We'll talk about this small charity that really I are to need our help. They givempers to families who are really struggling, and it's mums supporting families in need. And this year they really need extra help because it's a really, really tough time for a lot of people. And so they've got five hundred food hampers. And these are food hampers with basic items like pasta and long life milk and flour that actually are going to be for this year. That is a gift for a family who are really at their edge, so they need help. Each hamper costs sixty five dollars. They're entirely run by mainly volunteers. They need out for to raise money for another five hundred hampers, which is about thirty two thousand dollars. And at the moment, in the last twenty minutes, you've donated around five thousand dollars. So thank you so much. I know it's a really tough time for a lot of people. We'll worry about what's going to happen next year interest rate, so anything you're giving at the moment is a huge amount. You're making a difference.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 7: So that means seventy nine hampers that you know, you've managed to get almost eighty hampers just in the last twenty minutes, So thank you very much. If you listen to this you want to find out more and you'd like to donate, go to the Christian O'Connor's show dot com dot au. Now, thank you very much. The lovely thing is we can see your names so we can say thank you. Ashley Soners, Tino and Marie Murcus Leanne. Also businesses if you want to get a quick plug as long as you're donating, very happy to give you a nice big plug are Ra and CM Construction. Thank you very much your donation. Go through all these names, and then Jack saw a name and I just heard him go Outlander Studio to me, you.
Speaker 5: Ben in mind. Earlier he asked me if the Phantom of the Opera was a real.
Speaker 7: Here goes these names here he really called Wayne King.
Speaker 4: No, I just thought it was an odd time and place to do a practical They donated one hundred dollars dollars.
Speaker 7: It's made us chuckle. He's got someone to say Wayne King on the radio. This guy is double thumbs up.
Speaker 5: Bring in to work right now as you go.
Speaker 4: I'm kicking goals, helping your family and get your laugh at the same time.
Speaker 5: So, but Jack is right, not strictly at the time or place or doing like that. But thank you very much. Wayne surname King and.
Speaker 7: Renee and Ian so many of you who are donating right now, Thank you very very much.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 7: The place to go then is the Christian O'Connor show dot com dot au.
Speaker 5: Carl Brener, you're.
Speaker 6: Listening to the Christian o'carls show podcast.
Speaker 7: Time for Day's time Waster. On Friday show, we were talking out the outrage that we all had the news that Mars were going to kick out bounty bars, fun sized bounty bars from celebrations tubs.
Speaker 5: Guess what they're done? A U turn.
Speaker 4: Ah, that's what we've won. That's what we can do is the public. We stand together. We save our chocolate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, us and Wayne King, we've all worked together on this. Yeah.
Speaker 7: After Friday's outrage, Mars have clarified they will now continue to put bounty bars in celebrations tubs. They will have to make the remaining bounty less buckets available for a limited time.
Speaker 5: No one wants the limited version.
Speaker 7: What do you think Australia's favorite chocolate start. I'm looking at the top five here.
Speaker 4: I'll be if Maltese is in there, I'll be disappointed.
Speaker 7: No one in the top five. What do you think is a big one? What do you think is at number one?
Speaker 4: Sneakers.
Speaker 3: Not in the top five really, No, Cherry Right's got to be in there.
Speaker 5: It's not in there.
Speaker 7: At five good old Classic, Humble, Cabri Milk, four Mars Bar, three Kara Milk, he's so boring, yeah, two kit Kat and at number one Australia's favorite chocolate Turkish Delight.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, we're getting prank.
Speaker 5: We can Star have done this.
Speaker 7: They're not like Jack House and Surveys getting pregnant jam on Canstar?
Speaker 5: Is that you Wayne King? As well? On the charity page, grow up? All right? Okay, we're looking for chocolate movies today. Chocolate movies? What do they want?
Speaker 7: Cheting on the Chuck Channel, the May Twix, Gold, Fredo Flinstone Sis, Yeah, okay, the Bridges of Madison, Bounty Gold to.
Speaker 5: Cert with Dove.
Speaker 4: They don't really make doves anymore.
Speaker 7: Just going to get a retro gold Okay, Flakes on a plane, all that mess and Reese's christ Superstar.
Speaker 9: Go.
Speaker 5: What chocolate movies have you got?
Speaker 4: Jack City Snickers.
Speaker 5: You've done much with it. Assembly he's done enough.
Speaker 4: Bronze minus Ferrero Bueller's Day Off.
Speaker 5: You've just sort of chrome. Go Ferrero's list.
Speaker 4: Bronze Freda got fingered?
Speaker 5: Is that the one Rio told you not to do that?
Speaker 4: Chuck top and two smoking barrels?
Speaker 7: Now that's gold and rollo coop Okay, next bank, then.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much to everyone who's donating.
Speaker 5: Jackie Boy, the schools and doors.
Speaker 4: Are seven, seven and forty dollars.
Speaker 7: We're raising money, trying to raise money for five hundred extra hampers for a small but fierce charity, Mum, supporting families in need. These hampers will go out into the community people who are having it real, really tough this Christmas. Each hamper costs some sixty five dollars, so that.
Speaker 4: Means one hundred and twenty hampers.
Speaker 5: Awesome, Thank you very much in almost an hour. This is amazing.
Speaker 7: If you want to donate and find out more, head to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au. All right, so we're looking for your chocolate movies today on the time waster Jack you're ready to mark, Let's go snicker Snicker bang bang, Silver dude, who's my Kara milk?
Speaker 5: Silver plus no crunchy for old men.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 5: That's very good.
Speaker 7: Stephen Butler, Bigelow Chocolate, Conniser Bronze, No Edward snicker Hands Gold, Choquito's Way instead of Colito's Throw.
Speaker 5: The Milky Bar, Kid from the Train Silver plus The Truth.
Speaker 7: About Kit Cats and Dogs Silver, Ben Hershey Ben Hershey keV Well Done, The Hunt for the Ready Sa Egg Silver, The Good, the Bad and the Crunchy Gold, The Boost of Hazard Bronze along Cane Polywaffle Gold, Nick Weekend at Hershey's.
Speaker 5: Silver, The Mars Martian instead of the Martian. The Mars Martian is so good. Shins, you are well done.
Speaker 7: Flake Placid Silver, Paint your wagon wheel Silver, Kinder Surprise cop Gold, Laura Field of Dreams becomes a field of Turkish.
Speaker 5: You're like, no, it doesn't actually pulled in.
Speaker 7: Sorry, Paul, the mare teeser Fulcam Silver, Edward fid Fingers Silver plus and con Arrow that's from Thank you very much. All those coming up next time, and we've got some thank you. Everyone has been raising money over on the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au.
Speaker 6: But Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much too, chan Lockwood, brett Rice, Someone isn't it Brett Rice? No, I know a Rice, Yeah you know Rice, Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: We didn't call him that, okay.
Speaker 7: Tracy Ellis, Jenny b Laura, tom Ennery, Belenda Franz, donk that Jack does not believe is a name.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 4: I just said it's a funny name, isn't it? A friends don I don't know a friends don No.
Speaker 3: I don't think we're in the business of judging people's names, Jack, I don't particularly teachers.
Speaker 7: Just coming to tell us you boys at the back there and any your parents are.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Sondra Clark, Clint Jones, Chris, Hillary Powell, Steven Sabo. So many people donating on the Christian O'Connell's show dot com dot au for an amazing charity mum supporting families in need. They're trying to raise money to get hampers to families who are really really struggle at moment. They've managed to get five hundred hampers so far. They need a thousand, So we're trying to raise the money, which is around thirty two thousand dollars to get them the extra five hundred hampers. So anything you can give over the next couple of days is amazing. So at the moment it's eight one hundred and forty dollars, which in an hour is nothing short of incredible.
Speaker 5: Thank you very very.
Speaker 7: Much, which means one hundred and twenty five hampers.
Speaker 4: We just pass one hundred and twenty five pampers.
Speaker 5: Yep, it's great. Please keep this going today.
Speaker 7: All the volunteers that work for this amazing charity MUM supporting families in need, are so grateful. They're watching this as well. All the donations come in, so whatever you're giving, whatever you can, thank you very very much. If you are a company and you want to get a big plug on tomorrow's show, more than happy to do that. If you're happy to donate, head to the Christian o'connells Show dot com dot au. We are back tomorrow with hopefully more good news about more hampers that you've raised. But thank you very much for everything you've done so far.
Speaker 2: This is The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast