Speaker 1: Flex and frooms. Happy you are we flex and frooms are? We want to say.
Speaker 2: Happy, Get near it, you little free get near it together. I guess what we're talking about. I know you want to hear it. New Year's Resolutions. Now. There are two types of people, those who are vehemently pro and those who are ob they against. Now. I've had very many times in my life where I've altered between the two. The good reason, I think that there is value in accepting responsibility for your life and deciding, in this moment, I'm going to try to do something different. I'm going to try to be someone different. I'm going to try and change my life to varying levels of success. You know, but I think it's it's the mentality that starts it off and the actions that eventually follow. If they want to through me, please say for the what do you call them?
Speaker 1: Affirmative?
Speaker 2: No? The jury?
Speaker 1: The jury?
Speaker 2: Please say for the jury? Are you for or against New Year's Resolutions in the traditional way?
Speaker 1: I am against In the traditional way. I think it's a way to put off what you really want to do. My approach is to set out your values and go from their start today, Start now, Start now.
Speaker 2: I understand that. I respect it because it is also true. We all high behind the timelines. We all know time isn't real. How many times we talked about this, babes, time isn't real because we're on the Gregorian calendar right it's twenty twenty two right now in Ethiopia, it's like twenty sixteen, twenty fifteen. How does that make sense? Who knows? My point? Is you picking an arbitrary time to do something is just that arbitrary?
Speaker 1: So exciting? Is it?
Speaker 2: All right? We've lost rooms. I'm gonna take that. I'm gonna captain the ship of my own. New Year's resolutions for or against. Through me is against and for good reason. She believes that the perfect time to start is now. If you want to change your life, do it today. You want to be a better person, do it today. And I agree with that. However, I think that the average person really struggles with self agency, and I think the almost like the fanfare around New Years and the refresh, is a great motivator for the average person who's constantly waiting for permission to do, who needs the invitation to start now. We aren't all built in the same way. Have you heard about human design. No, it could be interesting to you. Human design is another one of those personality archetype or systems or whatever. But it basically talks. It's definitely what you'd refer to as quack science.
Speaker 1: A right, so you're gonna say it's definitely not for you.
Speaker 2: As I'm pointing at you. No, No, it's definitely like it lives in that quack science territory. I I don't know how it works. Talks about energy centers. The point is it says that there are I think three types of people in the world. There are actually four or wait, let me so human designs. They say that there are five types of people generators, manifesting generators, manifestors, projectors, and reflectors. And I'm not gonna explain what each one is. But manifesting manifeti, manifesti, carnage and.
Speaker 1: The studio folks.
Speaker 2: Manifesting generators are my people. The types of people just make things happen. There's not really rhyme or reason or chaos, but they very simply are able to alchemize the things they want to do. It just happens. But then they are not the people who wait for invitations. They feel empowered to go do stuff. They don't need a door to be opened for them, they don't need a guide. They're like, I'm gonna do it, and they do it. However, a big part of the population are projectors, and those are the people or projectors and reflectors who need permission to start, who want to feel invited, who want to answer the call, who want to read the letter, who want to get the text before they feel allowed to begin. That's why I feel like there is a value in this concept of a news resolution, because they might just be sitting at home waiting for permission to be like, you know what, I get to change today because society has allowed me to. And to that, I say, yeah, that's cool, because I would hate to feel trapped in this mindset of like I can't be anyone different than who I am because of whatever the reason might be.
Speaker 1: You can always change, You can always change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we believe that. Some people don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's good to know you can transcend and become different categories if you work hard enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can do whatever you want if you work hard enough, or so I believe. Yeah, But see, I gotta stop that because I believe in merit, and it's not real with respect. With respect, merit is not real. If you work hard at something, you might not get what you want. Unfortunately, happy years and releaship.
Speaker 1: On that note, have fun.
Speaker 2: Miss you, dearly kiss. You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 1: For more, tune in Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio