Speaker 1: On today's show, Sophie Casia's online staus with an influencer gossip page, Karina Irby's first world travel problems, Sarah's Day gets baptized at Pentecostal church, and Sammy Robinson has sparked rumors she's dating a US influencer. Hello and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influenza and pop culture news twice a week now. Sarah's Day and her husband Kurt Tills revealed they got baptized over the weekend. The ceremony took place at a Pentecostal church called Glow. Now, So if I wouldn't describe Glow as a traditional church, yeah, that's right. The church is distinctly marketed as being a cool church for young people and instead of hymns and organs, they have these full indie rock bands performing Christian worship songs. The church also has a very slick social media presence, with posters and billboards for Glow popping up around the CBD and a lot of inner city suburbs of across Australia. And it's all about rebranding religion to a new demographic.
Speaker 2: So Glow says that Whilst they're a.
Speaker 1: Church for all generations, they find that it's a lot of young families and adults in their late twenties and early thirties who are in high attendance at these services. This sounds very different to the church we used to go to Sunday School at. I do remember a time amy where you refused to go in, and then we never had to go again. I think we only really went to general. We went to youth group for a while, and it was really only for the food. Yeah, they do a great spread at youth group. Maybe that's what Glow has, luring people in with food. Maybe not Sarah's Damien ever got healthy carrot sticks for something. I think they're luring people in with something else because it might surprise some of Sarah's followers to find out that Glow is actually a Pentecostal church. And The Age wrote a feature on glowback in twenty twenty and they describe the church as being a recent entrance into the field of successful Pentecostal megachurches.
Speaker 2: Like can I ask what is a Pentecostal church?
Speaker 1: I've only heard the word because isn't it the church that Scomo used to go to Yeah, there was a lot of controversy in the lead up to the election which did focus on Scott Morrison's faith and the fact that he was part of a Pentecostal church. And the most famous Pentecostal church is Heelsong and there has been a lot documented about that church. So back to your question, Amy, Basically, the movement is a form of Christianity and they believe that faith must be powerfully experienced and not something found merely through ritual or thinking. So its members believe that they are driven by the power of God moving within them. So controversially, the movement promotes speaking in tongues as well as supernatural healing and other manifestations of the Holy Spirit.
Speaker 2: And it is not always.
Speaker 1: Easy to determine if a church is a Pentecostal church because many don't include the word in their name.
Speaker 2: Is that because it's got a bad rap?
Speaker 1: I think so, because on Glow's website and social media channels they don't refer to themselves as a Pentecostal church.
Speaker 2: However, it does say.
Speaker 1: On the website that the movement believes in miracles. I feel like listeners have to take a shot every time you say Pentecostal I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Well, if you think back to.
Speaker 1: All those images of Heillsong and everyone's got their hands up and everyone's very energetic, that's a sort of church. This is. I remember Guy Sebastian was a big part of Hillsong, Like I only heard about Hillsong because of him back when he was on Australian idol, And I think there was a lot of famous people connected to these sorts of churches. Another giveaway that Glow is a Pentecostal church is its heavy focus on baptism. So over the weekend, Sarah and Kurt revealed that they got baptized, and this stood out to me as Sarah in particular has spoken in the past about her faith and how it's something that she grew up with. It sounded like her family were heavily religious, so I was like, hold on a second, why wasn't she baptized as a child, And then when I looked into the Pentecostal faith, it made a lot more sense because Pentecostals believe that baptism is only for the believers, so they don't practice baptism in infants because they can't make that decision them and in order to be baptized, you have to repent your sins, you have to understand the faith, so all of the candidates must be adults, or at least at an age where they can make that decision themselves. Yeah. I did think it was weird because I assumed that she would have been baptized as a child. And I first saw Kurt share the update and I was like, Oh, he must be having to be baptized to join Sarah's faith. But then when I saw her in the little bathing pool as well, I was like, what was it just me or did you guys not realize that they actually fully went into a pool. Okay, that's also another giveaway that it's a Pentecostal baptism, because, as you say in the photos, Sarah showed herself being baptized in this large blow up pool and there was this Neon sign above it that said real, Bold and Love.
Speaker 2: It was this very cool kind of setup.
Speaker 1: There were even like lights and a video camera and Sarah was wearing a shirt that said brand new.
Speaker 2: And the reason it was done in.
Speaker 1: This big pool is because as part of the faith, you have to be submerged totally in water, so that's why she was so soaking wet. I have flashbacks to on The Simpsons where ned Flanders was trying to baptize Lisa and Barr and he took them down to the river. There is a scene also in My Big Fat Greek Wedding when Aiden, you know, from Sex and the City, gets baptized in a pool as well. Well. Yeah, because a lot of the time at Pentecostal churches they either have a special tank or an outdoor baptism pond. Obviously, this cool new church they've just got to blow up. Paul Well in the post, Sarah wrote an extra special Sunday today. After praying hard about this for a few years, today both Kurt and I got water baptized. It was such an honor to do something so special and powerful with my husband. She really is going down that route of Christian influence, isn't she with this latest update. Well, particularly because the Pentecostal faith is all about preaching the Word of God, and we have definitely seen an influx of her sharing that type of messaging on her page ever since her wedding, and I feel like perhaps she's been working on this in the background. I remember when Sarah shared a vlog of her buying her holiday house that her and Kurt were reading the Bible, and I thought at the time that was strange, But obviously there's a lot that they need to do in order to become to the point that they get baptized. Away from Sarah and Kurt with this issue, I just find the whole thing weird, Like how this share no, not the religion side, but the marketing side of this church. Because I looked at Glow's Instagram account, which Sarah actually didn't tag, Kurt tagged it, and they appeared to be spooking baptism. So there's this really weird video where this pastor is standing out the front saying, come on everyone, let's play the clip because I can't.
Speaker 2: Give it justice.
Speaker 3: We also let an incredible where celebrating all those that now baptizing at our Shire and West locations this morning. Guys, if you missed out five thirty pm at the City, you can get baptized.
Speaker 4: You, your family, anyone you know, just come on over. We can't wait to celebrate with you days.
Speaker 1: See that confuses because I thought, by hearing more about this religion that people had to be at a certain level of understanding to be baptized, particularly because they have to wait until they're an adult to accept it. But that's spooking as like a you know, come down, everyone's getting baptized today. It reminds me of on Oprah, like the Christmas special you'll get a car and you'll get you get baptized. Well, that's what I feel uncomfortable about because I feel like it's a total money making scheme. Because when I looked at the Instagram stories, you could see that there's professional lights and cameras setup. We've also clearly seen that in order to get baptized, you have to buy one of the you know, new new shirts to be baptized in.
Speaker 2: It feels like there's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of money passing hands in order to have this happen. You're also encouraged to invite lots of people you know, to come down what.
Speaker 2: You be baptized.
Speaker 1: The thing is, I don't think churches charged for baptisms.
Speaker 2: I think stay charged for a while. No, that's not true.
Speaker 1: They pass out a collection plate. There's a lot of money passing hands in churches, particularly if you want to hold an event there. It's like, oh, will you have to make a special contribution towards the church. People aren't getting these things for free well, in terms of these Pentecostal churches. So there was an article done on Hellsong and it said that Hillsong is said to bring in eighty percent of its revenue through music and other merchandise sales and the rest of the twenty percent is through the collection. So it's clear that there are money making schemes in place, and the marketing is very important to these churches, particularly because they're tapping into an audience of young people who are finding faith. Well, Hillsong is a very influential church. I mean, it's got the likes of the Karashians and Justin Bieber being a part of the church, and they obviously bring with them a lot of money and so too to people like Sarah and Kurt. I mean, I'm sure that this Globe church is very happy to have them on their books. Well, it doesn't concern me because Hillsong has been called Australia's most powerful brand and a money making machine. It's also been called a cult. So I don't know, feel a bit uncomfortable with some of these mega churches popping up around the country and spooking themselves the way that they're doing on social media. Sarah was doing a speech at this church not that long ago.
Speaker 2: Remember she was interviewed.
Speaker 1: Well, I find it very odd that she does speak a lot about her faith, but she hasn't opened up about being a follower of the Pentecostal movement because it is incredibly unpopular due to the controversy around speaking in tongues and healing, particularly when you know, we spoke about in our recent Sera's Day's Deep Dive about how she copped criticism for saying that she healed her cervical displacier. Maybe she feels a bit uncomfortable because people might connect.
Speaker 2: The dots and the healing.
Speaker 1: Surely she's vlogged the baptism. I think she wouldn't. I feel like she'd been keeping far away.
Speaker 2: From that on that.
Speaker 1: Firstly, I do remember in that video about her healing her cervix quote unquote, that she mentioned that her mother prayed over her, and again that's a big part of that Pentecostal church. Secondly, on your point, Amy, I feel like if she does share it, this will be a big turning point for her channel and a big move for her to become more in the American influencer space.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, long time no speak.
Speaker 1: Sammy Robinson has sparked rumors she's dating US influencer and model Jay Alvarez.
Speaker 2: Sophie. What's got everyone talking?
Speaker 1: Well, Sammy has been holidaying in the US for a couple of weeks now. She's spent a lot of time parting at Coachella. She's also lined up a couple of meetings for her business one mile over there. But what has caught her followers attention is and afternoon she's spent with US influencer Jay Alvarez. So, for some background, Jay is a model, actor, and influencer. He has eight point two million followers on Instagram and he's modeled for brands such as Calvin Klein, Amani and Bonds. He's also appeared on the covers of GQ, Style Russia and also Esquire in Greece. Now, he is a travel blogger, so they have a bit in common, and he is known for sharing videos of himself traveling to very over the top luxurious destinations. So, whilst in La Sammy posted a photo at the beach and in the photo, it showed two shirtless men walking into the waves and in writing that really blended into the background. She tagged Jay and his friend and I feel like, even though it was a very subtle tag, that she wanted certain people to be aware of this aka her ex partner Jordan Simmy.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: I don't think it really is a subtle tag, because a subtle tag would be a blind tag, and then he could share it if he wanted to on his page.
Speaker 2: However, this was quite deliberate.
Speaker 1: I mean, we have seen an influx of influencers like Olivia Rodgers and her new partner Morgan Waterhouse doing the thing where they share photos from the same location. People are putting two and two together, but this seems very deliberate. It seems like she wants people to be talking about her and Jay. I mean, it does help her influencing career, considering he's got eight million followers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe she was at least.
Speaker 1: Hoping for a couple of extra follows from his end if he reshared. I don't know if it's that. I think it's more of a fuck you to Jordan's No, she would be trying to break into the US market. Her being in close proximity to Jay would be a big deal, particularly if she's having business meetings in the US. Well, Jay does have history of dating models and content creators, so I think that Sammy is definitely up his alley and his type. So his first public relationship was with a model called Chase Miller. He then dated another model called Alexis Wren, and when things ended between the pair, Alexis went on a Twitter rant about him, saying She's learned self love, self growth, and self trust. She then wrote stay away from fuck boys and finished with.
Speaker 2: He's got a small dick too. I actually I do remember this. That's pretty horrible to say that.
Speaker 1: Jay also briefly dated YouTuber Tanner Mojo, who is a big deal. She has five million followers, and they met on an influencer trip in Greece. In twenty nineteen, Jay also dated an Italian born fashion blogger, and controversially, he posted a nude photo of himself and his girlfriend along with a caption about how he desired to bang her on every piece of furniture in his.
Speaker 2: House now look.
Speaker 1: This post, of course, received backlash, with followers saying that he was discuss and desperate for likes, and he responded saying I can't believe anyone got offended by this.
Speaker 2: Next time I'll post the video.
Speaker 1: Gee, he really does seem to be Sammy's type, Like, she doesn't have great taste in men.
Speaker 2: What about Nick?
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't he a bit of a flog as well? I like Nick? Yeah, but I mean, as you say, Sammy on recent times has not had the best taste. She seems to like a fuck boy, which is what her Extraordan Simmy was all about. But she's in the US, Like, so what he's a fuck boy? Like she's not looking for a boyfriend. Well, I think he might just be, as you say, Amy, a bit of a holiday fleeing, a bit of a you know, someone to make the ex jealous, someone to move on and have fun with. I do wonder if they met at Coachella or maybe on RAYA. He probably slid into a DM so that she was in the US. The weirdest thing is that they aren't actually following each other on Instagram, even though Sammy tagged him. I actually think that speaks volumes. The fact that they're not actually following each other. Yeah, why would they be hiding it if there's nothing going on? But she to tags and wanted not to follow them.
Speaker 2: That's real, folks. Did he share the photo? Nah, he didn't.
Speaker 1: Or maybe things have already gone south and there's been a mutual unfollow Yeah. Maybe. Well let's watch this space bo It's going.
Speaker 3: To be quiet there.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we only had two passengers booked into first class and the passengers in question have just canceled, which is a dreadful shame.
Speaker 2: Hi, Penny, did you get the message? Yeah, such a pity they're canceled.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no, The message about helping is out in economy piers Off.
Speaker 1: Karina Herbie has shared a harrowing first world problem to where one point two million followers. While returning home from Hawaii kate what happened? The Molana Bikini owner shared on her Instagram story how she and her partner Ryan were essentially kicked out of their first class seats due to an apparent mishap from the airline. So basically, it all started when Karina asked if she could be upgraded to a first class ticket and the airline said that yes, it is possible, but they'd have to wait a few hours to be able to confirm it because there were some passengers on hold, but they hadn't actually paid for their tickets yet, So basically, she's pulled to Madison Bully and has asked for a complimentary upgrade.
Speaker 2: I assume because.
Speaker 1: She's an influencer and it would look better for the airline to give it to someone who can promote the service. Well that's what I actually thought, But Carna said after waiting a few hours, she got confirmation that the seats were hers, and she said she paid in full and waited to board the flight, and Karina described how happy she felt and how less anxious she was that she was able to actually get a bed that laid down, and she was having such a great experience, and the staff was so lovely. They'd even put a Hawaiian flower behind her ear, and they were getting served drinks and that was all until the lady from the front desk emerged into the plane and she said, oh my god, I'm so sorry, but the original occupants of these seats have shown up last minute. You're going to have to move to a different economy seats. So it's quite funny because Carna said her partner Ryan was literally sipping on a drink as this all was unfolding, and then Karina shed a very un Glamora shot of the couple sitting in the middle row, and she explained that they had a crying baby next to them and also a man watching open heart surgery next to her for nine hours. She finished up by saying, God, I love paying for first class but not actually getting to use it. No refund yet. I guess that'll now be homework for later first world problems. I know, but you do need to see the humor in the fuckery. I get that this is definitely a first world problem, and my sympathy is very low. However, can you imagine actually paying for these tickets, you know, gearing yourself up that you're going to enjoy the next couple of hours on this flight, and then being.
Speaker 2: Pushed back to cattle class. I'd be like, so close, but yet so far.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of Seinfeld that episode where Jerry gets put into first class and a Lane is back in cattle class, and you're seeing the two different types of experience they're having.
Speaker 2: It's almost like that.
Speaker 1: God, if it was me, i'd be absolutely spewing. I did find it interesting, though, because of course Influenzer updates. Au shared the story on her page, and a travel agent actually commented on the post. Now, this person claimed they had fourteen years of experience in the industry, and they said that they've worked on global booking systems for airlines and confirmed that the series of events Karina shared wasn't actually possible. So they said, you can't book and pay for seats on hold, and if other people were holding their seats then they'd have to be ticketed and paid for before check in opens. So the travel agent said, otherwise, the airline would just cancel out the seats so other people could book them last minute. So what are you suggesting has happened here?
Speaker 2: I'm not following.
Speaker 1: So this travel agent is suggesting that the likely scenario was that Karina asked for a free upgrade as you touched on earlier, and the check in staff would have said, okay, well, we'll just wait until check in closes to see if there are any no shows. However, this decision was a bit of a knee jerk because it's backfired and the people that actually paid for the seats have arrived super late and turned up because I highly doubt they'd be able.
Speaker 2: To be kicked off.
Speaker 1: If they'd paid for it in full, the other person would have just been told you're two. That does sound like a more likely scenario, especially because for Karina, she was obviously trying to garner some sort of sympathy for her because oh, we paid for these tickets. If she said, oh, we got upgraded first class and I'm back here no ever, i'd.
Speaker 2: Been like, Aha, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: And she kind of mentioned it too many times, like oh, and I suppose we'll have to do our homework and get a refund later. I'm sorry. If I paid for those tickets in full, I wouldn't be going easily. I'd be like, I want a refund on the spot, I want to be taken off the flight, and I want to get a new first class ticket on a different flight.
Speaker 4: I have had enough with people trying to hold me accountable and people online accountable for the mistakes that we make.
Speaker 1: Sophie Kesha has gone head to head with an anonymous influencer tea account. The Pajama Mogul rejected claim she's trying to stay relevant whilst hosting down at cheating rumors. Before we get into what's gone down, so can you give us a little bit of a background on Sophie's dating history.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: In October twenty twenty two, who Sophie Keasia shocked her followers by announcing her split from fiance Maddi Garrick, which we have covered in a lot of detail in our episodes.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Despite saying that she wouldn't talk further on the topic, Sophie spoke out several times and insinuated that cheating was allegedly involved on Maddie's end. Now, this month, a photo was leaked of Sophie kissing AFLW player Sophie vander Heevil, which was taken from the footballer's be real account prior. The Sophie's were actually first spotted in Adelaide at Sam Smith's concert back in January. Now, kay, can you tell us what happened next? So influencer gossip account influencer t Oz posted an unverified rumor that claimed Sophie vander Heevil cheated on her last girlfriend with Sophie Kasha. The account claimed their source was a friend of vander Heevel's ex girlfriend. The account went on to claim that vander Heevel doesn't want to go public with Kasia because she doesn't like the image it portrays, and that the AFLW player is still playing both both sides. So that's Sophie, Kaisha, and the ex girlfriend. The account finished up by alleging Kasha was manipulating Vanda Heevil into going public and question whether Kaisha's desire to go public was to stay relevant. Now, it's important to note that the allegations influencer os Te shared are unsubstantiated rumors that are yet to be proven to hold any factual basis. And I feel like this is a big problem with these anonymous accounts posting anonymous rumors. It really is the wild West at the moment, and I am feeling for influencers with the vast amounts of these anonymous pages that are popping up because they're just posting information that has not been verified by anyone, and a lot of the time is sent in by anonymous trolls. I know with us, we get a lot of tip hofs and you go and look at the person's page and it's a burner account. Now, Sophie hit back at the allegations, writing, I understand you are trying to bait me here, and I'm taking it. I also understand you have a job to do and report on TEA. I acknowledge this is your platform and job, and you have a right to do with that as you wish, but I asked for you to do so truthfully. She continued, I can handle scrutiny and false things written about me, unfortunately, I'm used to it, and I'll copy that, but please be mindful of causing her when you're impacting other people and their families with information that is not true. I am not trying to be relevant in this scene. Post like this are what is.
Speaker 2: Creating it now.
Speaker 1: The account responded, writing, at the end of the day, this is an influencer tee page. Take what you will from the information. No influencer is ever going to read this and say, yep, you caught me. Thanks for exposing my gossip. Sophie did take the bait, responding again, no, you're correct, No one would do that. But comments that I'm trying to stay relevant, when in fact, I've spent seven months since my painful breakup in October trying to do the complete opposite. I repeat, if you want me to be irrelevant, then stop posting about me. I'm sure it would make a lot of people very happy. Now, Sophie didn't stop there, even though she was getting ready for a wedding. She took to her Instagram story to respond to the post further. And it was really just because throughout this Instagram story she was talking while trying to curl her hair with a hair straightener. I just couldn't stop looking at her. Oh, I don't know what she was doing to her hair. It was mesmerizing, wasn't it? Because I am someone who watches a lot of tiktoks on how to do your hair, and it's always very difficult to curl your hair using a hair straighter.
Speaker 2: But she wasn't quite able to get a handle of it.
Speaker 1: Was she was very distracted. She wasn't having much luck there. So Sophie started off by revealing that people around her are going to be very annoyed that she is responding, but she's been dealing with people saying false things about her for ten years, and she went on to confirm again that the information was not true. Let's wrote to a bit of what she said.
Speaker 4: When false things are written about other people in my life, whether that be family, friends, associates, just please be careful like these are real people with jobs and families and nanas who read things that are not true, and it's just not fair, and.
Speaker 1: Went on to say that since her breakup with Maddi Garrick, she's made a conscious effort to keep things private and is doing the complete opposite of trying to stay relevant. She said, I'm here to stay relevant with my work and my job and community and my businesses because that's my income. That's how I, as a single mother, raised my children. Now, at the end of the three and a half minute conversation, Sophie admitted to making mistakes in the past. Let's throw to what she said.
Speaker 4: I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I am well aware of the fact that I built this whole thing of being very public. I am well aware of that, and I am also well aware of the fact it sounds like the biggest contradiction and hypocritical of me to say that I am my private life that people think they know is only relevant because of pages that talk about it.
Speaker 3: There are so.
Speaker 4: Many things that are happening in the back of my private life that you'd have no idea. Okay, I don't talk about my private life anymore, and it's only relevant because people speak about it. That's not me. Absolutely No, the responses to this, they're going to say, oh, that's a.
Speaker 2: Bit rich coming from her. You know, she shared every bit of.
Speaker 4: Her life and she wrote a book and yeah, I did, and there's a lot of that I regret, and there's a lot of processes I've been going through realizing that I made.
Speaker 2: Some bad decisions.
Speaker 4: And I think as humans we need to be able to say that I have made some questionable decisions for sure, and there's certainly things absolutely I look back at and regret and hence why I don't do it anymore. So please be mindful of all this tea and this goths that you get sent in. It can be Joe blogs on the top of the hill going oh my god, this is happening. There's no substance to it, and it's not fair to implicate other people.
Speaker 1: Now, I feel like there's a lot to unpack there, and I want to start by talking about Sophie asking for privacy. I mean, she said it her. It is rather hypocritical to ask for privacy when she has based her career as an influencer sharing her life. Not to mention the fact that she released a book about her life. Unfortunately, I feel like you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't be living the high life of an influencer without sharing your life. And I'm sure there were people that she spoke about in her book not so favorably, that have family and friends and jobs and Nana's as she said in her statement, that might read that stuff and not like it. Well. Also, she's bringing out a second book. I mean, I understand that the second book is covering other people's experiences, but still it's piggybacking off her own experience. Oh, I'm very interested to see if Sophie's words match up with her actions when she does release the book on June sixth. I mean, the first time she released her book, she went on this big PR circuit and was on podcast talking about her private life and the private life of the people that she's dating. So it does seem very hypocritical, and I suppose her book is a big example of her making money off talking about her private life as well as the lives of others. She did seem rattled by all of this, though, she had a distinct red nerve rash up her neck, and that made me I couldn't help but feel a little bit sorry for her, purely because I think that some of these anonymous pages have taken it too far. I mean, I don't think that she has a leg to stand on because she is being incredibly hypocritical talking, you know, calling for privacy when she puts so much of her life out there. On the other hand, I don't think that people should be allowed to post pure speculation and lies.
Speaker 2: About your life.
Speaker 1: Oh, I totally agree that page has gone way too far. After watching her story, though, I can tell that she does have deep regret about being so open about her private life, and it would be hard not to, particularly with everything that's gone down in the last couple of months with her breakup. I was very surprised to hear her acknowledge that there was fall out from her book. We've never heard her actually address that fall out before. Well, A lot of people were speculating that there would be fallout because she spoke about Maddie in not the best way, because it was clear that Maddie was some backup plan. Because anytime that Alana, the pro soccer player that Sophie was dating, anytime that she dumped her, She rushed back to Day and then dumped Mattie the second she got a whiff of Alana. Well, Sophie did speak about how Maddie was pretty upset by the whole thing and it being in the book. I don't think Maddie had even read the book before it got released by the sounds of it. And call me jaded, but does anyone think that Sophie responding to these comments is a little bit calculated? I kind of feel like Influenza tee Oz had a bit of a point when it comes to Sophie staying relevant because she's got a book launch coming up, She's also rebranding her makeup company. She needs eyeballs to be on her, she needs people talking about her. What's funny you say that, because before she acknowledged these rumors on her Instagram story, she was getting ready for a wedding and she was showing off a lot of the Asuru products that are part of her business.
Speaker 2: So maybe it was a bit calculated.
Speaker 1: I am super interested, as I was saying before, to hear what she does do for her book promo, because the last time, as you said, she was sharing all these details about her quote toxic relationship with Alana Kennedy, and everyone is super interested to hear more about the fallout from her breakup with Maddie. And while she has slipped in a few nuggets here and there, everyone is waiting for her to dish all the details. And I think that that may be coming when she does launch this second book, and that's the reason why she has been staying so tight lip or she has a podcast with Mama Mia, and I feel like Mia Friedman's probably the first person that she will talk to definitely about her breakup with Maddie. Now, talking about these anonymous pages, I do think that they really are playing with fire because listeners will know that this podcast, we've had a few run ins with Sophie Keisher. I don't feel like we're her biggest fan here. But I really do think that these anonymous influencer pages are playing with fire.
Speaker 2: And it's clear that they are trying to.
Speaker 1: Attract followers with shock value, but the reality is that they are going to also be acting a lot of legal threats from influencers. Well, I do wonder if influencer te Oz actually did cop a legal letter, as they ended up deleting the posts and other content relating to Sophie, and this was off the back of Sophie responding to commentary on the account about her sending legal letters. So Sophie wrote to a commenter, the fake legal letter narrative is so tiring. I have issued two legal letters in my entire life from my Melbourne based lawyer and they were highly effective in stopping the action occurring. We have it all on file, including their responses. I am asking you to please stop. This is just such a fascinating topic, particularly the rise in these anonymous counts and the power.
Speaker 2: That they are yielding here.
Speaker 1: We actually do speak to Amber from Influencer Updates on our subscriber episode on Wednesday about this topic because I find it fascinating because she is one of the only pages that actually puts their face and name to the account, and she also does go with a very different approach because she loves influencer culture and she always is a lot kinder than some of these anonymous pages. Yeah, I'm so keen to share that interview. It is Amber's first ever interview on a podcast, so the first time you can hear from Amber directly about her experiences with influencer updates. AU Yeah, I can't wait for that one now. If you do want to subscribe, we have all of the details in our show notes, so you can subscribe on Apple or Patreon. I think that is all we have time for. Thank you so much for joining us. This episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes.
Speaker 2: We pay respect to Elder's past and present.
Speaker 1: And if you have enjoyed today's show, please make sure you are subscribed on Apple Podcasts and also Spotify and leave us a review. I have been loving the reviews lately. Thank you so much for the support. Also, I love when people share photos of how they're listening to the podcast, so if you want to tag us and show how you listen to it, if it's on your walk, or you're making dinner, or you're cleaning the house. And also if anyone noticed that my voice disappeared.
Speaker 2: We haven't had a big fight. I just got called away for something for work.
Speaker 1: There's a pr disaster going on in the background, but we got through it.
Speaker 2: So well done.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.