Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast part Deepabine. Welcome to TV Reload. My name is Benjamin Norris, and this is your podcast to get all the inside goss on the popular TV shows you may be watching from around the world. Undeniably, our TV sets are a major part of our home entertainment and very little is known about how our favorite shows get made. Each episode, I find guests that want to dive just that little bit deeper into the shows they're currently making, so that you can hear all the exclusive stories and gain access to the biggest names in television. I want to thank you for downloading or subscribing to this podcast. I love hearing your feedback, so make sure you leave a comment on your chosen podcast platform and I'll make sure you feel as included in the production of this show as I possibly can. On today's episode, I have a full debrief with the eliminated contestants from Australian Idol twenty twenty three. We had our top twelve performers cut down to ten this week, and I for one was quite shocked with some very talented singers getting sent home. Maya and jac brought a lot to the Channel seven competition and I think, if anything, we now know how tough the twenty twenty three rebooted Australian Idol is going to get. My first guest, Maya is the oldest contestant this year at twenty eight years of age. I love that she always saw herself going on the Idol stage and never back down from her dreams. We will talk judges comments, being the Mamma Bear amongst a very young Top twelve, how she took the elimination and what is next. Then twenty five year old jac Fox will join me to unpack his time on the show. It's no secret that he was my favorite, so you may notice a lot of information coming from me. Jayce has a truckload of talent and an infectious passion for the entertainment industry. And today we will discuss taking rejection, not giving up, and we'll also talk about Australian Idol and why it isn't just about the voice. Plus we will get some exclusives on the new series, including some behind the scenes secrets which I'm sure you will love. However, let's bring Maya into the podcast first and stick around for Jayce as he'll be coming up straight after. How are you feeling off the back of that last night's elimination?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 3: God, you know, I woke up actually last night I was a little bit maybe a bit embarrassed, a bit sad.
Speaker 2: The shock was strong.
Speaker 3: Woke up this morning to an amazing surprise, which was hundreds of people being like, you were robbed, this is really do we love you?
Speaker 2: What the hell would have voted more? All this stuff that I just did not expect.
Speaker 1: So what a time to be alive, What a time to get yeah, and.
Speaker 3: What a time to go off the show too, Like I don't think I would have if I had gone on longer, would have had this response.
Speaker 2: So that's been amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, this is a part of your story. So that's the one thing I always say. You've got to listen to the ground and then move with the flow. And being one of the first two out of the top twelve may look a certain way at the time, but then you make that work in a way.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you though, Live TV was back last night and it must have been quite exciting to be a part of it. How was the experience last night?
Speaker 2: It was intense.
Speaker 3: I mean, there was a lot of energies going around, a lot of people on nervous streaks. But yeah, it was great to see Megan perform. It was great to get a group performance before we left as well.
Speaker 2: Loved that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think that's the part that I'm most sad to leave is the live shows.
Speaker 1: Once the lights came down, you know, what was the aftermath like for you? I mean, where did you go after the show? And where was your head at?
Speaker 2: I think I was.
Speaker 3: I felt a little bit like I was in a dream, you know, because I guess you don't really know how to expect to leave. I knew in my gut the whole day that I was going to be in the bottom four. And I feel bad saying that because we should all try to be positive, but I knew it. I could just sense it, so I was kind of I was just kind of expecting it. I was walking around as soon as the lights went down and just saying my goodbyes mentally to the studio that i'd been in for the last two months, basically living next door in the hotel. And I actually, actually the more it settles in, I'm not as sad as I thought i'd be last night. Like last night, I was thinking, Oh, I'm going to be so embarrassed. I'm going to wake up in the morning. I'm going to feel like a failure. I'm going to, you know, think that all these people see me like a failure. But just waking up to so much positive energy and so many people, it's a game changer. And I think that the other contestants are phenomenal. Jac and I are definitely different performers and different people in a way, We're a bit more experienced, So I'm not upset to leave as like a representation of my career anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm not feeling that like I was last night.
Speaker 1: You nailed these performances, Like you know, I'm looking back. I was rewatching them this morning. I went back and I watched everything that you contributed vocally to this series, and you are such a talented woman.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate that because for me, performing is my favorite and I don't even think this show I really got to give my strongest performance yet. So I just want to try to make as much content as I can to show people now with my own platform, what I can do. But I hope people come to my gigs because like live, I really yeah, I really really love just connecting with people in a live format.
Speaker 1: Do you think that maybe the voters this year might be a little bit too enamored with well, this person's fifteen, you know. Do you think maybe there's a little bit of something extra I guess to support because wow, they're younger contestants.
Speaker 2: Yes, I definitely do.
Speaker 3: And that's why I've been saying all morning with jac there's no possible way to compare me to someone like Angelina or Amali or Phoebe. We are so different, we come from completely different levels of expertise.
Speaker 2: I just can't.
Speaker 3: I feel like they deserve and need to be there in a way, even maybe more than me from now on.
Speaker 1: I think that is a good way for you to look at this, because you know, also, so we haven't had Australia really controlling the vote on a reality show for quite a while, so we don't really know who picks up the phone anymore. And maybe this is telling as to the type of people who are voting. Maybe younger people are voting, and maybe younger people are voting for people that they can see more in themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's it.
Speaker 3: I was looking around in the crowd, and I've been looking online and it is I think just because of the age limit as well, and how jac he's twenty five and he was the second oldest to me, and then everyone else is below twenty four. So I definitely think the people watching are young. And I think when you're a young kid. I remember watching Idol, I did not connect at all with the people who were above twenty five because I was like thirteen and just saw them as adults. And I think now that they have phones, they're sitting there and they're texting every single second, and I just my fans are more people who don't have that need inside of them. They just look at me and they think, oh, she's a great singer.
Speaker 4: We like her.
Speaker 3: We're not going to sit there day texting over and over again. We might just give her a follow on the internet and follow her career. It's just a different thing.
Speaker 1: With you know, so many of those young contestants. Was it hard not to mother them a little bit? I mean, what was going on?
Speaker 3: I was mummy Maya. It wasn't even if from the minute I got there, I was designated mama. And that's maybe where you know, if I was a competitive person at all, which I'm not, I would have maybe you know, no way, but just maybe taking more time to sleep and not have been there as much for some of the people that I had.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, I wouldn't have changed that even if I tried.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm a person who just loves people and loves especially musicians, and I would give everything over and over again to go like I would go out again at this time, just to have helped and connected with the other contestants in the way that I did. And I think that will that they'll remember that, and I'll remember that coming out of this experience, and all the producers were saying, you know, like how easy and I was to work with and how sad they were to see me leave, And I just don't think they'll forget that, or I'll forget that. So I'm happy that I just at least finished it in such a positive way.
Speaker 1: Well, I think this is a good question to ask you, but as far as the judging goes, who do you think actually gives the best advice for the competition?
Speaker 3: Look, I personally think that people put a lot of hate on Kyle, but I think he's got a really semi honest perception of people and music, and especially in his face. You know, I think it's really hard on this show because you want to encourage everyone, and everyone deserves the chance to be told they're great. But there is times when I think some people are told they're great, but they're actually just in my opinion, it wasn't their best performance. And I think the show's had a fair bit of that lately. And I think that's where I've appreciated the judges who have kind of come out and said, nah, wasn't doing it for me, because I think even if you're young, you always need to know when you're shit. And I think that was the reason I came on the show, was to grow for myself in a better way, and I appreciated every bit of constructive criticism that I got from each judge.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's to Kyle's defense, and I mean I was watching it with friends who were like, Oh, he's the devil or why did he say that? Oh? No, you know, and I was like, you know what, in the real world, people are going to say these things to these people online, no matter how old they are. How you know, how experienced they are, so I think, you know, preparing the harsh realities is an important part of the competition, But do you think he's doing that to prepare you or do you think he's looking for a TV moment.
Speaker 2: I think there's a bit of both.
Speaker 3: I think there's definitely a need to be like a harsh judge. I think there was times, not necessarily with my performance, but others where he said things that I don't feel we're right for the performance.
Speaker 2: They felt a bit like he was just feeling a quota.
Speaker 3: But I do think I think their needs to be some level of honesty within the judges, and I think Harry's trying to do that too a little bit. I think sometimes he's harsh, like especially with the younger people like Bobby for example. I don't know if you saw, but he I think gave so much growth and so much energy, and all they did was tell him off for not having his brother there, which wasn't his fault, and stuff like that, Like especially with me with the song. A lot of people know we don't necessarily and I'm not supposed to say this, but we don't always get control with what we do. And I would have loved if I had had a bit more feedback on my vocal ability or my performance and less to do with that being a shit song.
Speaker 1: Which is a f I think to you to say, honestly, that is a fair comment.
Speaker 3: Feed Yeah, because I was just trying to do I was trying to make everyone's life easier and not be arguing for something better for me. And I think that's where as artists on these shows, you know, you can be seen as such a diva or you can be seen as an argumentative performer, but at the end of the day day, if you don't fight for who you are as an artist, you can end up being in my position where you're kicked off for not hitting people with the right emotion or you're told that you look like bad because you're wearing an outfit.
Speaker 2: That you didn't get to choose to wear.
Speaker 3: So I just think tips for anyone who ever wants to go into these shows or into the industry is, you know, stand your ground in a positive way.
Speaker 1: But then there's also time constraints, you know, as to what you feel you can say, and if you've got a time constraint on what you can get across, it's a dangerous place to be. And because if you do sound like you give a right of reply, which you have a right of reply of what these people are saying. Sometimes people will say she's not grateful, or why did she clap back, you know, all of those sorts of things. There's a lot of factors there. But I do think out of all the contestants I saw, you had a right of reply, which I don't think because seeing you as a person would have landed badly. I think you would have been able to ask a question and maybe push them to a critique on your voice or something that's going to help you long might have been okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, And that's where I've.
Speaker 3: Really really learnt from this, and I think I definitely think that that. I. Yeah, it's just so hard to know the line, especially as a as a female, I think, and it sounds a bit bad to say, but it is hard because I think people like Sasha and I were speaking about it yesterday and he really had to fight for some arrangement stuff, and same with Anya, and I don't think I did as much. And I think they were lucky because they're arrangements. They helped them feel more centered in the song and you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to say. I mean, I know this happens quite a bit, especially in the industry. You're like, if I'm a woman and I speak out like this, then I'm a bitch. Like I'm a gay man if I say a thing, Oh, he's always a bitchy gay you know what I mean. And then you're so not that, You're so not that at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's the thing I think.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny you say you were a gay man because you would feel that, and I feel that sometimes it's really hard because we get sometimes boxed a little bit, and if we come out and say things that might be yeah, yeah, a truthful, people kind of sometimes think it's a bit maybe touch aggressive. And that's where you know, the younger people, it's it's easier for them because they they're just kind of very you know, you just give them a role and they'll just do it. Whereas with people in my position with performing, I know jac as well. He had a lot of opinions on how he wanted to do his performance. And it can be seen as a good thing, it can be seen as a bad thing. And if I were to do it again, the only thing that I would have changed is just standing my ground with the music, because that, to me is very important in my in the way I'm perceived as an artist. But I can now, you know, go and do any cover I want online. So at least I, you know, gave because I do want to.
Speaker 1: Go you'll have at that point. And you know, just remember there's been people that have been on who didn't even make it to the top twenty four, who've had number ones on the dance on the Dance charts, So you know, this is just a really exciting chapter for you. And as Amy Shark said last night, it might just be a shitty day, but I honestly believe it. I can hear it in the way that you're talking today. I could see it in the music that I really listened to this morning. And you have a real place in the music industry. And I just think you pick this up and you roll with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, because it's tad. You know, you're get in your own head. But I really think if I just keep sharing and trying to connect with people and releasing fresh and new content, that I think all I wanted out of the show was to reach more people and to get growth, and I feel I have like you've done it definitely grown so much, and I'm so proud of everyone in it, and I can't I'm excited for what happens with all of us too, Like we're all boosting each other in ways I can't even begin to explain. So I know I'm going to be reading for everyone and they're going to be rooting for me too, So it's an amazing feeling.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you know? Because I love you were talking about your instincts before, do you feel like when we ask you about your instincts on who's going to win this, do you feel like you know?
Speaker 2: I do, and I don't.
Speaker 3: I've definitely been surprised a lot, but I also know in my gut just what works for these types of environments, And yeah, I just can tell from how things have gone already. My gut's kind of in right. But I also am so open to being shocked. And I think that's where it is up to just who's doing well with the public and who's surviving the stress and just kicking on. But either way, anyone from now on has the chance to take their own career in their own hands, with or without the show, can you give us the name? Look, I mean I always always thought that Royson was going to do well, just because he's such a little gem and he's got, you know, to me, such a great message. But I do not know. I have no idea. I love them all. I just have a feeling that he'll maybe be in the top three.
Speaker 1: And something I ask everyone who joins the podcast is what's something from behind the scenes. You know, we finished the podcast like this every time. What's something that was something that happened to you while making this show, something that the audiences won't say.
Speaker 3: I Harry spoke to everyone who came off the show, but the way he spoke to us was so surprising and real, and I appreciated that, Like it's not easy to make time for people when you're at a level like that in a celebrity way. And I was, yeah, I was really loving that side of it.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I met him in real life, I'd just be like, I know, your friends with Sandra Bullet, can we call her on the phone. Let's just sit around and talk to Sandy and see what she has to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's it.
Speaker 3: Like that's where I was a bit surprised that he was the one out of all of them. I mean, Kyl has been amazing to me from the start. He's actually given me proper like hugs and real genuine off camera chats. But I didn't expect Harry to voluntarily choose to talk to every contestant who came off the show. So a little yeah back thing on him would just be that that was amazing that he took the time.
Speaker 1: I love chatting with you in your audience. It'll be so exciting to see where you go. You know, the dance chat so I think is a really good place for you to look at.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, and yeah, I hope we get to chatt again soon.
Speaker 1: A great chat with Maya and a good warm up for things to come with my next guest, let's bring jac into the podcast. I'm sure you'll get some really fun exclusives and I hope you really enjoy this chat. Hi, Jacey, how.
Speaker 4: I I'm good man. I feel very grateful, I feel very peaceful and happy.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to start this off by saying I feel terrible because I've had fans from Australian Idol hitting up overnight saying that I jinxed you because I came out and championed for you hard yesterday and then you went home. And I mean, I don't think I've got that much power in the universe, but I just want to apologize just in case I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nah, I don't reckon you. Jinks me. I think you're doing me a massive favor that I'm going to run with and I love you for it. I think it's really really sweet of you.
Speaker 1: I mean, what a ride this Australian Idol journey has been for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been It's been wild, you know. Like I it was really important to me that I stayed true to myself and my artistry and everything like that and who I want to be and how I want to you know, move around in the world. And at the beginning of the experience, I wasn't doing that, but I'm I'm I'm happy to say that I eventually pulled my head in and even though I went out last night, I'm really happy that I stayed true to myself.
Speaker 1: You know, what was your relationship with the first incarnation of this series and how old were you.
Speaker 4: I'm not too sure how old I was, but I remember it really vividly. I remember a big brother as well, by the way, very vividly, very vividly, and yeah with idle, like I really really remember all of it. I remember watching Guys music video when it came out, too, like, so it was a big thing for my family. Like my family are not not like professional musicians or anything, but we're very musical and we'd all really get behind Australian idol. So it was it was actually really weird that it just came about for me in life, just in time, you know. But I'll never forget Ricky Lee getting it eliminated.
Speaker 1: Ever, it's the footnote for you to understand that, you know, it doesn't necessarily mean you need to win one of these shows, I mean Rigulae and many others. And I will get into this a little bit in a minute, but you don't necessarily need to win to become a success in this country on this show.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. I also, like, you know, I'm twenty six, which is you know, still young, but like I've got a lot to learn and I've got things to do, and I'm under no illusions about how life works. You know, there are setbacks that happen, there are things that you envision going a certain way and then they don't, and then you grow from it. That's always been like my comic debt in life is that cool things happen and then there's like a curve ball at the end of it, but I end up growing from it. And you know, like Maya is such an amazing talent, and her and I have worked so hard to like shape ourselves as artists, like including what we wear, what we look like, what we seeing, what we right because we're both writers as well. You know, I was never under an illusion that I would win the show or anything like that, but I certainly am determined to use the platform to the utmost end of.
Speaker 1: My Well, that's why the message last night, I was like I sent you the message on Instagram. I was like, go to bed and enjoy talking to the media today, Like get up tomorrow and just enjoy this and like people, this is the podcast. So people can't see you look like you went to bed last night had a lot of sleep, because you're looking phenomenal. So I think you know already putting you in good stead. I think if you've been out commiserating yourself and then got up and spoke to the media, it might have been a waste of time, you know, totally, you're fresh and you're ready to talk to people. And I might be wrong by saying this, but I kind of think with Idle, you know, they've got a long history with contestants, you know, Courtney act Rob Mills, Ricky Lee, you know, getting justice much work because they have a TV personality alongside their incredible voices. And for me, that's where I think idol can work really well. And for someone like you who has the personality along with a voice, there's going to be more opportunities for you.
Speaker 4: I remember, like at the time that Idle was one of the one of kind of the only ways that you could get into the industry, whereas now, like things are just so different. You honestly, any one of us, Mayra and I could upload a TikTok video tonight and blow up. Anything can kind of happen these days, and it's sort of just about like using whatever you can and like going with the flow of things and just allowing things to be the way that they are.
Speaker 1: I want to jump in there because I think it's a really good point that you make. I was really concerned with, you know, idle coming back. I'm a diehard fan, never missed an episode f y, but I was concerned with it coming back because of the platforms that we have these days. I mean, why would you go on a show when you've got these high volume audiences where you can control your content, you can control your narrative.
Speaker 4: So it's because for me, breaking the glass ceiling or whatever you want to call it, like just just that little bit of extra push that I needed I got from the show, and I wasn't able to acquire it no matter how hard I tried. For years, you know, it was very difficult for me to book gigs. The industry can be very clique and difficult to get into, especially in the queer scene. Even though we're very inclusive, it is still difficult to find your way. And now I'm sort of like cool, like this is all I wanted. I wanted to get my artistry out there and meet some cool people and have a lot of fun. And to me, what happens after the show has always been more important than what happens on it.
Speaker 1: And why this singing show, because why not one of the other competition based reality shows like The Voice You Know or X Factor or something else that may have come along before. Was it something specific about this show? Was it your family's relationship with it?
Speaker 4: No, it was actually the legacy of nistry that was the most attractive thing to me. I got to decide what color I dyed my hair, I got to decide what I was wearing and consult and talk with the stylist and talk with creative like. I was able to map out my routines and perform them exactly how I wanted to. I got to pick the songs that I really wanted to do. And the other shows. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but you know, you hear that maybe that's not the case. But I know with Idle that they care a lot about the artistry and the person themselves having autonomy within a situation where there's not a whole bunch of autonomy allowed because it is reality TV at the end of the day, and we do have a TV show to make. For me, it was like, Okay, I need to do this because I want to have some sort of control. I can't. I would never relinquish entire creative control.
Speaker 1: I think that's really smart, and I think that the show does feel that way, you know, for me personally, the reason why I gravitated towards you as much as I did was I could see that control. I could see your input. I could see how much work you're putting into everything that was happening, because it came across so effortless on stage, and that doesn't happen without doing a lot of preparation and having the skill set behind it.
Speaker 4: That's really sweet of you to say, thank you. This is all I care about, you know, I said that last night. It's the only thing that It's all I think about, Like I when I work out, like I'm doing vocal warm ups on the treadmill, like because Beyonce does that. Like I'm constantly thinking about like what different looks me and my dances can wear when we do gigs. Like this is the only thing that matters to me, And like, I'm happy that I was able to. I didn't expect them to show it on the show, that I was writing things down and preparing them. That was not for show. That was meant to be that's who you were me that was well, yeah, it was meant to be me showing the camera operators where I'll be just so I was just so they weren't freaking out, you know. So I'm actually really grateful that the show showcased me in that way and showed everyone because I've gotten a lot of really positive feedback from just from just from the way that I work, which is it's been amazing, Like I was not expecting that at all.
Speaker 1: I think anyone watching this show will see that. I think anyone in the industry will see that. They will know that you've got that work ethic that's behind you, you know. Interestingly enough, I mean, you opened the show with an amazing You opened the top twelve and it was just phenomenal. Like I was there live and I saw it. I watched the audience reaction to it. But afterwards, I was watching you in between as everything went on, and I worried whether or not you were getting into your head a little bit as the show continued to evolve. Was it just that the energy level for you you were like, I've done it now, I can relax. Or what was going through your mind through the next hour of other people singing?
Speaker 4: Two things? The first one is that I'm like pretty much constantly anxious here nah, yeah, they which was clearly evident in my audition. This is just what my life is like. So quite often I'm a Gemini. I can turn it on and then, and it's usually I'm only able to turn it on when I'm on stage, and then the second that I'm out of character, I guess you could say, the facade kind of drops and I'm back into my head a little bit, which is, by the way, something I'm working on. The other reason is, you know, I was starting to become increasingly aware that what I was doing was different to everyone else, and I wasn't sure if that was a good thing anymore. I think at one point it may have been a good thing, whereas the other night, like, I was really happy with how I did, and I loved hearing for you.
Speaker 1: I was happy for you. I was proud of you, you know, and though I think, you know, when you finished performing, I could see you were proud of yourself, which I love seeing in people that work in the industry. I love when you can see that vibe coming off them. But I just thought, yeah, I wondered what was going on, and I thought maybe because you're so self sufficient and some of the others being a little bit younger, meant that they were getting a little bit of extra Well, I don't even want to go down that path, not that not that they were getting a little bit of extra I know what you're saying.
Speaker 4: I know what you're saying. It happens how it happens, and you know, like like I was saying last night as well, Mayra and I are the eldest in the group, and I think that, you know, there was less for us to like we we've worked with stylists before, we know how to do staging, all of that sort of stuff, and like the best part about the show is watching somebody grow as artists throughout it, and it's just not as exciting to watch when the growth isn't taking place as much. Although I have grown exponentially like throughout this experience, I just think that there was others who landed more squarely in an Australian Idol setting than I did. I don't know if I was exactly the right fit for the show, or at least I wouldn't be the right fit moving forward, but I.
Speaker 1: Mean that's what I were doing, they were creating. I think they did a very good job, the judges of creating a diversity in you know, You've definitely fitted into this. You offered a piece of the puzzle that needed to be there. I guess where I might have been coming from was after you performed, because you're so self sufficient, I think maybe they just left you there where. If it was me, I would have been fluffing your feathers for the next hour and just you know, making sure you felt that how well you had done. And that was the reason why I was yelling out your name by the way throughout the rest of the episode, you know, was because I felt like you needed to be reminded of how good that performance was and how many people you represented.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, you know, like that's, oh, that's like amazing to hear you say. That's really really sweet of you. You know, when I when I found out I was going first, I think I kind of realized what was going to happen, But I don't think that at all.
Speaker 1: I was like, they asked you to open the show because it was phenomenal. Who else could have opened the show with those other performances wouldn't have worked as well as they had without you warming up them that hard, like it was a bang.
Speaker 4: I think what's been wild is like a lot of today and last night, I've been getting a lot of messages people saying in regards to Maya and I that they didn't vote for us because they thought we would just get through, you know like that. That's been such a funny sentiments, and it's still really sweet to hear, to be honest, because I'm like, oh, that's that's really sweet that people thought it was like a sure thing. But you know, that's just how That's how the kookie crumbles. Yeah, it's just how. It's just how it happens. I'm really happy with how I did it, and Waking Up in Vegas is my favorite song in the world, so I was really happy to go out on that as well.
Speaker 1: The song choices were brilliant, Like I mean, you could definitely not be you know, be going back and you know Sunday in quarterbacking your song choices because they were all amazing. Like I guess, you know, because we're on such a limited time to talk. The other thing I wanted to ask you about was the judges. I mean, this year, they've got their work cut out for them, and obviously people have their favorites. You know, what has your journey been like with Kyle, Meghan, Amy and Harry. You know a lot of people talking about the controversial, controversial comments that Kyle might make, which I think is preparing people for an industry. So I see that that sort of has a place. But how did it go for you?
Speaker 4: I mean, I totally agree with you. I think that you know, Kyle's a Gemini. I'm a Gemini, so I kind of understand him even though we're very different. And I actually feel he understands me even though we're very different too. And I think that having a very Australian point of view is important on the panel because I think he does represent a lot of Australia's views. However we want to take that. I think having Meghan on the show is unbelievable given her like notoriety, Like holy moly, yeah, Amy Shark, It's really really brilliant to have her there because she is somebody that's had said backs and she was talking about it last night. You know, that's really amazing to see somebody actually find success after a period of time where people so you cannot find success because I don't think there's such a thing. And then Harry would definitely be my favorite obviously I grew up as a dancer, and he reminds me of all of my ballet teachers. He's very direct and honest and critical, and I like that. I'm not the kind of person that needs other people to tell me. I'm fierce, like I want people to tell me, people who know what they're talking about, to tell me how to improve and give me honest, authentic feedback. That's what That's what I want, and that's what I got from him, and I'm very grateful for it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that you are bright, I think that you are charismatic. I think you're super talented. You can dance, you can sing. This has just been a sensational chapter I believe for you that won't define you, but will propel you to the next level, which I think is important. Which I think is important. Anyway, I could literally if you ever filled down calm because I'm here to pumputize. Everyone who joins the podcast gets asked this question, what is something from behind the scenes, something that we may not have seen, something that happened for you and your journey on the show.
Speaker 4: That Okay, so I got to choose the color of hair that I wanted to go. However, the reference photo that we used from when we went to the salon had been like edited, so it was more orange. The stylist did a perfect job, by the way, but it went like it was me on me on neon orange, like like crazy neon orange. And we had like a very important shoot the next day, so they had to rush me back into the city to get my hair redone and we thought they were going to have to bleach it again and do all these different things. So that was that was a crazy thing that's happened, is that I almost I wasn't sure what they were going to do with my hair. Were we were tossing up whether they were going to have to cut my hair off completely because it was so much the wrong color. But I luckily got my own way and was just like just put like a you know, a tona through it, and they they said they'd put a turner through it, and then here we are.
Speaker 1: So I turned to the person next to me and made a reference to a movie that you know, it might be a bit old for you, but I was like, kind of looks like Jim Carrey from Batman Forever is the Riddler right now?
Speaker 4: And you're dead on. If you'd seen when I won to Beda, you would I was wearing a green top like beyond green, and hor and like black pants and the hair and I look.
Speaker 1: Like the I have to let you go enjoy chatting with the media today. I will be in your audience, my friend. Good luck with wherever this goes for you. I think this is really, you know, just the start of it.
Speaker 4: Thanks man, it's it's so awesome to talk to you. Thank you so much for having me