Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast. Have it been in your local paper? Tell us why I give me a call? Thirteen fifty five twenty two If it's easier to text and share story four seventy five three one oh four three. I'm finding these stories the best listener. Matthew was in the Herald Sun editorial for questioning God's existence. I could be that today. It's all the tide is against us today. On the show, Christian, my wife won a wedding package had a photo in the local paper.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: I love the story from Connie Christian. I was in the paper when John Farnham came to visit hospital. I was in the school choir but it was in a car accident day before and couldn't attend. He came to visit me and sat in my hospital bed and we had a photo taken for the local paper. Connie, what a gorgeous story, Christian. I was a local paper when I was sixteen. I'd written to local council. Really angry at the state of the paintwork on the obelisk. It's not going on for sixteen year old lad. Isn't it an icon in the tourism area here? My letter made it to the front page. The obelisk got painted surely afterwards. I love that Michelle concerned young residents and this is an epic one. Christian I was in the local paper riding a tandem bike with people of a certain age. Will understand what a big moment this was for a young kid. With bill Odie from The Goodies.
Speaker 1: Christian I was.
Speaker 2: Dressed as Timbrook Taylor from the Goodies. We rode around fed Square in Melbourne. Phil said to me, please don't crash, young man. We had some really bad ones.
Speaker 1: A few years ago. What did But what he means was he kids can't.
Speaker 2: Write a tano with one of the legendary goodies.
Speaker 1: That is. That's one of my favorite ones so far.
Speaker 2: I love Christians on the front mage Nose to nose, lying on the ground with a local Greens counselor and a turtle. We had built a turtle island in the Blue Mountains. I would really have explain this if you could go no to nose with the green counselor and the turtle. Get down there, guys, really really lean in. Ah, these are fantastic. Let's get an MJ. Now morning MJ, Good morning gang, how are you doing. We're good, welcome to show, MJ. And why are you in your local paper?
Speaker 4: Well, it was obviously a much more innocent time. I don't think you'd get away with it nowadays, but there's a picture of us in the local paper. We'll have backs anyway, lined up at the urinal with the Premier John Kaine at the time and.
Speaker 2: Anyone else nervous at this called Prince Andrew was visiting and.
Speaker 1: Sorry that just form me known as Prince.
Speaker 4: No stage fright, but it was, yeah, the opening of a toilet block at the primary school and we all lined up there in Christender.
Speaker 2: This is incredible, This isn't This is a new front runner for the best one, m J. The local toilet block got opened. That gets a little paper. That's it and it needs a photo op as well. The Premier at the time, you're right, it's got busy stuff to do. This is incredible scenes and you're right, different time, that's a scandal now, Pat like.
Speaker 1: That that's that's someone.
Speaker 2: That's someone resigning by the end of the day, George Marca m J.
Speaker 1: Great story. Thank you for sharing.
Speaker 5: No worries day is George, LA police officers and traps for George.
Speaker 1: Don't you dare say that great man's name in vain? Janelle? Good morning, Janelle, Good morning.
Speaker 3: How are you Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm good Janelle. Welcome to the show as well. Now, Janelle, what's your story about? Make it into your local paper.
Speaker 3: Well, I was in the Sydney Morning ferrald because I was the first person to break down in the Sydney Harbor Tunnel ten minutes after it opened.
Speaker 1: To fame.
Speaker 3: My husband and I were in the car and we ran out of fuel, ran out of petrol. He driven to a petrol station in my lovely old Kingslet and we had our dog Arrow in the back seat, and Arrow was the first dog to go through first playing customer at about three fifteen in the morning of the Sydney Harbor Tunnel back in August in ninety two.
Speaker 1: This is incredible.
Speaker 2: So it's two first first person break down and first dog to go through it as well.
Speaker 3: That's it. And it was funny because it was in column mate. And when we got towed out, it was the tow truck's birth the tow trucky's birthday that day, and he was over the moon and we got tod to waterloo. So in the paper it just said that we got owed to the loo to be a brisan.
Speaker 1: Wow. Any scenes, what scenes?
Speaker 3: I will say it was one of the highlights of my life because it was like a party. This is before children at about three ten in the morning on the north side heading down into the tunnel, and I was in about the first twenty people, and it got around that it was going to open. So it was kind of an exciting thing back when you're twenty one twenty two.
Speaker 2: An incredible story and it's immortalized forever in the local newspaper.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've even got it on video, which I discovered us.
Speaker 2: Did you make it onto the onto the news?
Speaker 3: No, No, we were videoing it. We had the video camera with us and I'd forgotten about this tape and I had a transfer and here's my husband feeling about who should have put the petrol up there? And I remember going, it's not in parks, should I put it in?
Speaker 2: And this is all you too, bickering is all caught on camera on tape.
Speaker 3: My husband was filming. I think he thought it was hilarious that I was having this.
Speaker 2: Bit of a free can also home those home sort of camcorders back in when you I think you said in the nineties ninety two that would have been a big a big camera as well.
Speaker 3: It wasn't too bad. But yes they weren't petite, that's for sure, not without your mobile phone these days.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, brilliant story channel, that's my story. Yeah, that is a great story. I'm going to send you two hundred and fifty dollars suspend at chemist Warehouse.
Speaker 1: Fantastic story. Thanks for sharing.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: And thanks welcome. Thanks forgiving the show ago in Sydney as well. You know what we should talk to me on the show about things that you've still got on video cassette.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like that.
Speaker 2: I know obviously something you know everyone that our video because we got married in nineteen ninety eight, so we were given the video of it and then we transferred to the DVD and now it's a thumb driving all that. But some people still have video cassettes with things that are still recording on there. I bet those old TV shows that people have still got on video cassettes that they don't want to. We still my wife still has a video the video, actual video cassette. And when she did bungee jumping in nineteen ninety seven, yoh yes.
Speaker 1: How many times you guys have been watching that one? Too many times?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show Go on podcast