Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. Oh my god, guys. On Monday, we have an announcement that you must tune into. This is very important for all the stakeholders involved with the lexin rooms alectually mark my words, guys. Also today we chatted about how creative you are. Flexi has some wisdom and some like new categories that she didn't come up with, but she references if you want to try and figure out where you are in your creative spectrum and also are we smarter than a twelfth grader? We're going to do a test from the BISMAN exam. Neither rustied business management. Bit of a regret they're doing theater studies, but it is what it is. Let's go frumno through me, boommmy lex Mom. You're listening to Flex and Frooms. I'm Kaita. A friend of mine recently got into Pilate's right. She started wearing lenkings to the gym and she asked me, what, honey, so I wear on the leggings And for her, I want to give her a bit of a step by zep on what undies are appropriate in every phase of life.
Speaker 2: I'm confused at the question.
Speaker 1: She's like, what, honeyes I wear under leggings that you're not going to see because she's like, I'm walking around Bondi to Bronti and I see no undilines on the leggings. What's everon wearing? Are they not wearing undies? Okay, to which I say, a little cotton in a moment, seamless underwear. They're praying at the sides, and yet they look fantastic. Okay, this is my guide to when and when not to wear underwear. Oh, under a skirt, no undies, under baggy cargo pants? What kind of skirt? Any skirt? I love Not wearing undies number two cargo pants with a wide leg. No undies.
Speaker 2: You're putting polyester straight on coach, is it not? Let me not judge. It's not the Hygiene Olympics, but.
Speaker 1: Better than having polyester right up on the goop.
Speaker 2: Why are you wearing polyester underwear?
Speaker 1: Well, because it looks good. Okay, Definitely wear undys to bed, the tight ones the boy leg. I want to eat in bed, stuck it all in. I like to feel secure in bed. Anyone know wering undis to bed. What is happening under there? It all feels like it's moving. I don't want to get graphic, guys, but like I like them to. You know, Okay, what do you think undies are fall While they have all different purposes?
Speaker 2: What is the function of underwear?
Speaker 1: That is the question that's as old as time itself. For me, the function of underwear is to feel safe, and to make the cuchie not rub on the jeans, and to make sure when you're wearing shorts the short scene doesn't ride up from front to back a a little padding. Undeas are to be taken off. There's so many good things about undies. I love the feeling of not having undies on.
Speaker 2: I told my mum.
Speaker 1: She's like, what what do you mean? You don't undy? She was disgusted.
Speaker 2: What about you? This is freaky.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing undies right now.
Speaker 2: Everybody, every like, everybody get in the rome is freaking out.
Speaker 1: This is all joke.
Speaker 2: This is all joke, guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you're gonna stand around and say that freeballing isn't amazing, you're a liar.
Speaker 2: Free balling.
Speaker 1: Free balling? Yeah, why can't I freeball? Hate wedgies? You know I used to get wedgie in primary school. Okay, so there's a bit of residual trauma there. My sister used to rip my undy so hard that they would rip in my asshole. The band would rip off, the bonds, band would rip apart. Once my sister drew two eyes above my bum crack and a smile, right, and then went to school the next day and.
Speaker 2: I was wearing low rise jeans.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize everyone could see their eyes. It was two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: I was like, what's on your back? What? Oh my god, too little us.
Speaker 3: If you are someone who identifies as creative or prefers not to for fear that someone will try and make you calculate how creative you are, or measure you against your best creative friend, or compare you against the virtuo. So this is for you. It's really hard to be self aware about your creative abilities. But here's something that can help you get back on track. Maybe it's from this book called one hundred and seventy seven Mental Toughness Secrets of.
Speaker 2: The World Class.
Speaker 3: It's about the thought processes, the habits and philosophies of the greatest ones. It's by Steve Sebold Sie Bold. But this is also reference on a TikTok by Couture and steal. So basically there are five tiers of creativity, kind of like the food pyramid, how you've got the most populated at the bottom, and then at the very tip it's the least populated. So the most populated people would be those who are creating not to lose. The people who feel as though if they start, they'll fail because they won't be exceptional straight away. The kind of people who'll say, you know, I'm not good enough, I'll start tomorrow, or has so many potentially great ideas but just doesn't execute on them. So they're kind of just like I think, it's a lot of people who are like, you know what, I could in a different life, or I could, but I couldn't make that tea took one hundred percent one hundred percent okay, and then the next up. So the second least populated is people who are creating to cruise. And I felt like this Sometimes it's when you get kind of like inconsistent with your output. You start something, you don't get the validation you're hoping for, and so it makes you question whether or not you want to continue doing it, and so other ideas I've just pushed through. Like I remember when I first made up my conversation card games like twenty nineteen, and like the only reason why I popped off immediately is because for the two years prior, I'd been playing the game every day on Instagram before I even realized it was going to be a game.
Speaker 1: Interesting, So it was like, oh, that's I was.
Speaker 2: I was doing it. I didn't realize.
Speaker 3: And so when I have new ideas that I want to execute, sometimes I'm like, babes, it takes a minute for things to really hit, you know what I mean. And then the next tier is people who are creating to improve. These are inspired people who maybe have like a belief altering event. You listen to an album that really changes your life, like, no, I'm going to do it today. I'm going to make something. Or you read a really amazing book You're like, you know what, that's it. I'm going to write this book. I'm going to do this thing. You feel empowered based on something else that you've consumed. And this is people in this kind of phase of creativity get a lot of support and a lot of traction, and that motivates them to keep on continuing. So it's like when we get really good feedback for the show, like damn, like we.
Speaker 2: Really do do that, Let's keep going.
Speaker 3: Then you have the two tiers, which I just feel like these are exceptional people, and I think most of us are hoping to get to this peak eventually.
Speaker 2: So you got people who are creating to complete.
Speaker 3: And these are just the creative geniuses, big ego type people that think they can be the best. They're really motivated by gratification. They've got positive self talk. You see those people who are always cooking. I don't know about you, but I've seen some people on the internet where I'm like, damn, you just don't let up.
Speaker 2: Every day you.
Speaker 3: Are making the thing that you are inspired by. You're putting in the work. You're really inspired. And it's almost as if like they don't really care if they have an audience.
Speaker 2: They just know that they're good.
Speaker 1: They just know it interesting.
Speaker 3: And then you have the very top tier of creativity, the most like peak God Tear, and those are people creating to express. So if the bottom tier is people creating not to lose, these people are creating to express, so they become art in themselves. They believe they can't fail, they can only learn, they can only grow, They're only competing with themselves, and they've got complete faith in their self image. For me, for you personally, in where you are in your life at this very present moment, what's your relationship to creativity? Do you feel like you're a creative person? How does that work for you? Beautiful?
Speaker 1: Well, right now I'm creating artwork on the back of our sheets. If you hear little scribbling noises throughout our recordings is because I literally am incapable of not drawing when we're here. I've done a whole bunch of overlapping hearts and that really good drawing now and like drawing the bits. Yeah, thanks queen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the introduction of the color. Is working really well for you?
Speaker 1: Yes. So I've always been a drawer since I was a little kid. I would just go into my room and draw for my relatives that came over, and gave them presents of drawings.
Speaker 2: So I would say I've.
Speaker 1: Always been like a very what's it called, like making things creative, lots of drawing and writing and expressing myself.
Speaker 2: That's what you call consistency.
Speaker 1: There was some consistency there because I really enjoyed it. So I think for the first kind of a few years of my life, it was very much the top tier. I'm not gonna lie. It was giving incredible school projects that would really blow the socks off the teachers and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Oh you're one of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, an amazing person to be Early on, I could never fathom when I saw these really creative people who really put everything, not even putting everything into it, but definitely weren't cruising. Definitely were And I don't even know if I observe these people to be talented or just committed.
Speaker 1: No, you had to see my year five projects. I literally go back and I'm I'm astounded. I peaked, you know how, Like, Okay, so withdrawing, you have to keep practicing to actually get good, Whereas there's a point when like you're all in year five and so you can only be so good. Yeah, I must say, oh it was the best.
Speaker 2: That's the best.
Speaker 1: Thing costs. And I will say, in my early twenties, I think I was operating on the highest field, which is just literally creating stuff.
Speaker 2: That I liked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's beautiful when you do that. It was such such a beautiful time.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was the same for you, but the time where audience feedback felt incidental.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally see it, don't see it?
Speaker 1: I like it? Yeah, I like it. Nothing is better than that. And I'm always trying to get back to that from phase because it's when you create the best stuff. And it's also when if you create something like that and a fobbs you honestly do not give a rats.
Speaker 2: Ask, doesn't hear you? Like whatever, I make something you right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Whereas now you make something that you're not one hundred percent keen on me because the you know, some realities have set in and and it really hurts your feelings. So I'd say sometimes I am operating from the lowest level purely because it's my job now. So you know, it's easy to feel like you've had a lot to lose and you have to like keep up a rats race. But I try and not let myself create from that place because that's when it becomes unfun, and I think that's where burnout happens. Of course that's easier so than none. Sometimes you just have to pull your socks up. But I think especially with like comedy or trying to be funny and stuff. You have to actually be enjoying yourself for it to be to come across as like genuine and actually funny.
Speaker 2: What about you, babe? I feel it.
Speaker 3: I feel like what I'm doing now is I'm trying to recycle or get rid of anything that I'm doing that's in that creating to not lose space or creating to cruise because we don't have to create realistically, we don't have to do all the things that we do. There are key elements of our jobs that are definitely non negotiable. But I think I personally spend a lot of time doing things I don't do that I wrote it my creativity, So it's like re rejigging that focus and being like, Okay, just do what is inspiring to you. Just do that because realistically, and it's been proven time and time again, that eats.
Speaker 2: It eats.
Speaker 3: That stuff eats and it feels good when it's like you said, I don't think we can tap back into what it is to be twenty and having all this like huboric and confidence or whatever, but we can definitely tap into the feeling of creating from a more pure place that's for or a more like egocentric place, really like making for you, not for the imaginary spectator who might see it and might like it, but you being like, oh I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to watch it again and again and again, and yes, I will watch it again and again.
Speaker 3: This is really amazing. So to reiterate, the book that we reference is one hundred and seventy seven Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class and this was also referenced by TikTok creator Coture and Steal.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Flex and Rooms friendship Situationship Off the Dome. Does that say anything to us? I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 3: But I've been thinking about how I've been reading Giang Yankovic's book called Just Friend Too, and she talks a lot about the formative friendships that she's created in her lifestyle and how over the course of her journalistic career or writing careers, You've spoken a lot about the way that friendships have impacted her. And I've been thinking about how I am a big fan of the acquaintanceship m H. I think that it is sacred in nature. It is I think the purest form of friendship transaction. No, you can dip in and dip out of a dynamic and nobody's feeling hard done by it. You know, those people like party friends are a great example. No party friends, she's checking for you mad because you didn't check it on the weekend, or that you haven't seen each other in three months because they've been no parties.
Speaker 2: They just kind of get what the dynamic is. But I feel as though when there's a bit of.
Speaker 3: A gray area and you can't assign a friend to an environment like a workplace friend or a party friend, people don't like the gray area. It makes them feel uncomfortable or they want to try and yeah, what are we what is this?
Speaker 2: What are we doing? So they want to try and escalate it really like really quickly, or they pull back out of insecurity.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, what happens when you are in that grey area of acquaintance to potentially good friend? Because I've been thinking a lot about get really like building acquaintanceships and doing that in a way that's not leaving someone high and dry. I feel like you're good at that, but I want to be better at it because and I feel like what ends up happening for me is that I end up making acquaintanceships that escalate into more And I think that's because it's just like the nature of like the subject matters and the conversations and how a lot of the friends that I have are interconnected, So like I might have an acquaintance with through me whose froom is really really close friend, and I'm like, I don't want to be their really close friend. I like being through me's friend and their acquaintance. But when you start to like mix it up, it's kind of like, let's just copy and paste, copy and paste, Like no, no, no, no, no, no, orry, I don't want to I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Copy and paste. I just want to keep this in its own little space for me.
Speaker 3: And I'm kind of reckoning with this idea of like what about when you have incompatible friendship needs with someone? So what if I'm in a period of wanting acquaintanceships and I'm dealing with people who want real best friendships.
Speaker 1: How do you temper the expectations.
Speaker 2: I don't think you do.
Speaker 3: I think people just don't get their needs met and they're kind of like, oh, I don't like the way this friendship's playing out.
Speaker 1: Oh some un comfyed is it is really See, I feel like with our job you get the chance to meet a lot of different people, but yeah, it's harder to have the incidental Well it isn't It isn't like it's easy to go to events and see people, but like you miss the opportunity to in a really low stakes way create the hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little chat.
Speaker 3: And because of the industries that we work in, where they hyper personalized and hyper social, I think that we're all impacted by parasocial relationships. Like in our industry, acquaintanceships feel closer or they appear closer because of the industries that we're in as well.
Speaker 2: So I'll have people.
Speaker 3: Assume that I'm really close with someone who's an acquaintance of Frou and I professional acquaintance, And then it feels strange that to say in plain English, oh no, we're not friends.
Speaker 1: Because I'm shading.
Speaker 2: It's such a mean thing to say. I don't really know them like that. I don't really know them like that. I'm just I'm a fan. I'm a fan of comment fan. I don't know. It's something to ponder.
Speaker 3: Let's figure out some more terms for friendships because they are as complex, if not more complex than romantic relationships, and I don't think we're doing them justice in the way that we discuss them. It's very binary, like what to do when you want to make friends, what do you want to do when you want to break up with a friend, and nothing in between.
Speaker 1: Literally, we are currently on the quest to become smarter than literal school children. We've been doing the HSC exams, including maths and food tech. That was last week and the year before, sorry, the week before. My god, I feel like since I left school, I can't imagine going back for a whole day and learning the whole day, Like, how did we do that?
Speaker 2: I don't think we did.
Speaker 1: We didn't, but I love we were there play lunch.
Speaker 3: She definitely were there. But I think high school dynamics, mirror's office dynamics. Everyone just hanging out and like doing incidental learning and working in between hanging out.
Speaker 2: God, okay, time to work, all right, absolute heaven?
Speaker 1: Look okay, Mickey sprinted out the bis Man exam Business Management. I didn't do it in school, did you flex?
Speaker 3: I did not know?
Speaker 1: Did you do it? Bis Man couldn't even pay me?
Speaker 3: But if I went back, I would I'd study business, economics, history, none of.
Speaker 2: These fun subjects. I was like, I'm going to do I'm going to do design. I'm going to do would work.
Speaker 3: Everyone's like, you should have done drama. People who meet me now that you didn't do drama. I was like, what, No, I don't see you doing drama, not at all. Anyway, take school seriously, people.
Speaker 1: I say redacted. Okay, so we have the bis Man exam. Let's start with question one? What method of communication would be most efficient for a business to share a weekly staff meeting agenda? Email, letter, mammoridium or noticeboard? Come on, guys, eat an email that's correct, but.
Speaker 3: Bring back a noticeboard because I feel as though give people agency and seeking out information.
Speaker 1: Okay. Two? What type of question is most effective when trying to obtain more information from a customer about their needs? Closed communication? Oh, a close question, open question or reflect question or repeated question. It's be open question and.
Speaker 3: I think it's a reflective question though if you really think about it, Like, not business from a HC perspective, but like, here's an open question for me.
Speaker 2: What do you what do you eat for?
Speaker 3: What did you eat for breakfast today? A smoothie exactly. That's an open question. If I was starting a business about smoothies, A reflective question is what do you hate most about making smoothies every day? That would teach me way more about your relationship to smoothies and the fact that you had a smoothie.
Speaker 2: So is it education the curriculum?
Speaker 1: Is it open or reflective? B?
Speaker 2: ORC? They say open, but I say they're lying.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm correct. Three What category of sign has a yellow background and a black triangle around the symbol? A emergency, B mandatory, C prohibition.
Speaker 2: And D warning warning warning.
Speaker 1: I would potentially go with emergency, but it's warning. And number four the final one. We've got a clean streak here, girls. Which of the following would create the most environmentally sustainable workplace? A using sensor lights, B adopting a green office program, C establishing a recycling paper program, D encouraging staff to use their own cups.
Speaker 2: What's a green office program? Yeah, that sounds kind of good.
Speaker 1: I think if I had to lock in B, I want to say A because I think that would actually make the most of the difference. But let's go with B. What hell is a green office system?
Speaker 3: I guess that's it, like the whole, everything from the top to the bottom, from stationery to center lights to water consumption.
Speaker 1: Get it together, folks.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, Tune in de cater on a B or stream it on iHeartRadio.