Speaker 1: Laura.
Speaker 2: Come on, Welcome to the pickup Friday.
Speaker 3: Hello, Happy for Friday, all thanks.
Speaker 2: To chemistware House heading today, great savings every day, big week. What's happening this weekend, Brittany.
Speaker 1: You and I are getting on a plane getting out of here to the Gold Coast, and Laura Burns having a birthday and I'm also getting on a plane and getting out of here to the Gold Coast.
Speaker 3: We're all out of here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just not together.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday for the weekend.
Speaker 4: Thanks guy.
Speaker 1: Three birthday.
Speaker 5: I completely forgot about it and it was only that last night. Matt, my husband, said to me on the couch, I got your present. And I was like, that's unusual for you. And then he's like, well, it's your birthday this weekend.
Speaker 4: I'm so old I don't even celebrate anymore.
Speaker 1: It's definitely an age thing. The older you get, the less you care about it. And one hundred percent, I don't even remember when mine is.
Speaker 2: Couldn't. It's a very big show today. Dylan Olcott is going to be here. We love Dylan. He is an advocate for people living with disabilities, is paraplegic himself.
Speaker 1: He's a player.
Speaker 4: He's also raised a hell of a lot of money recently he.
Speaker 2: Has and he's launched his own festival, ability Fest. It's happening tomorrow and Melbourne' so jack of all trades that man really what a superstar.
Speaker 1: He really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he'll tell us all about it because he's joining us on the show next coming up, The pick Up around Australia. It's the pick Up around Australia. Brit Laura and Midge here at Kiss f Fam get ahead of the spread this flu season with the annual flu vaccinations available at Chemist Square House only nineteen ninety nine. What a steal. That's good price.
Speaker 4: That's a great price to stay healthy.
Speaker 2: To say, exactly right, Yeah, good call. Hey, happening tomorrow in Melbourne. This is really exciting. I didn't know about this, but it's going to have a really really big turnout. Ability Fest is happening in Victoria. Incredible event.
Speaker 1: This is one of Dylan Alcott's events, his new project r.
Speaker 2: Yes it is Yeah and all the funds for ability Fest go towards the Dylan our Coop Foundation. Ahead of the big day, Dylan joins us. Now welcome to pick up Dylan.
Speaker 6: Hello Jeday Legend. Hello, semister about time I came on this show.
Speaker 4: Hey, we've been trying to get.
Speaker 1: You for a long time. You're always too busy.
Speaker 4: You're a busy popular man.
Speaker 3: You're busy planning these festivals.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're pumped about it. Look, you know this is our fourth crackitability first and we absolutely love it. Just so people don't know what it is, a festivals like any other, like Coachella or Beyond the Valley or whatever. We just add some accessibility features so people disability can come with an able what he made just have a good time, you know, things like platforms and pathways and os lene interpreters and a sensory. We're into people that are new and diverse. You know, we're trying to think of everything and we just love it, We really do. And you's on tomorrow and somebody.
Speaker 4: I mean, it just makes sense, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: But did you feel like when you were growing up that you missed out on the opportunity to go to festivals because of lack of accessibility?
Speaker 6: I did originally, and then I was really like that I had really you know, great and strong mates who wanted to help me around. But we've been at a festival together, right, all of us. And there's this thing about festivals. No one cares about you different. Everybody just wants to get together and enjoy the music. But there's so many people with disability. We're left out of that conversation because people think we don't want to go, or we can't go, or they don't have accessibility features. And we deserve that choice, just like anybody else, to get out there and have fun. And we just want to set a standard that we hope other events follow us, whether entertainment or sports or in this case music. And we've got like fill top hoods, make maps, I had the great group, so good the.
Speaker 1: Certainly thing you doing, Dylan, because you've also launched a disability inclusive job site, the Field. Can you tell us about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's called the Field Got Jobs and we just wanted to create a space where people with disability can match with inclusive employers online and getting involved in that employment exchange. There are four and a half million people by the way, with disability in Australia, physical or non physical or visible and visible, and only fifty four percent involved in the workforce. I'm not saying everybody with disabilities can work. Everyone deserves that choice, and we often get left out of those traditional job platforms or the traditional interview processes. If anybody with disability should get on now to crack, or if you have a business and you want to employ more preople disability, check it out as well.
Speaker 2: You're a good man. I saw you on the project this week. I always love seeing you on the Telly and you said something that caught my attention because it was an interesting take. So this is this is Dylan on the Project earlier in the week. Is your ultimate dream that there's no reason for this festival to exist.
Speaker 7: I'd love to be redundant, I really would. And obviously the main reason is to raise money for the Delannorco Foundation to help young kids with disability to achieve their dreams. But we want to set a gold medal standard and show other festivals and events what it's like. We are just like Beyond the Valley. We are just like Coachellie. The only difference is we have added accessibility features. You know a lot of them do it already, but some more ones like platforms, pathways, Osland on Stage. We just want to show that people disability deserve the right to go to any event they want, whether it's sport, music, whatever, I just enjoy themselves have that choice and control.
Speaker 5: Dylan, most festival organizers that are trying to build on a year and year and year, and here you are saying that you hope the one year it doesn't even exist.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, I'm serious, right, We really want everybody to copy us. You know what I mean, because like I still go to live events and I can't get in, and that's like me, but they might actually know my face or my name. Imagine what's up to everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's such a good point, and I just.
Speaker 6: Want everybody to understand the opportunity because we are consumers too. But it's good business being accessibile and inclusive. It's also the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: Brilliant. They've raised just shire a five hundred thousand bucks of the Dylan Olcourt Foundation. Have a search, guys, and good luck tomorrow. Have fun. Haven't read for that the best time.
Speaker 6: Banks Legends tickets so available, So come together, and I've got to say thanks to you always been big supports in me and my legendary girlfess Hotel.
Speaker 2: What a man Ability Fest is available tomorrow in Melbournell to Boys, Brewis, Hilltop Hoods, Meg Mac Mashton Kutcher. Absolutely huge now change of pace. Next at the pickup. Imagine losing your wedding ring in the ocean, you know, maybe a river, thinking it's done for life, and then almost two years later you find it where in the same room.
Speaker 4: I was like, maybe she lost it in the couch and thought it was in the river.
Speaker 2: That's a true story and it's it's incredible. We'll get you up to speed. Next to the pickup, it's the pick up. Friday afternoon on kiss Britt, Laura and Mitch here head into chemists warehouse today. Great savings every day.
Speaker 1: All right, this couple out there need to go and buy a lottery ticket. This happened in the last week, eighteen months ago. There were a couple out on a river, local river, having.
Speaker 2: A little fish in Australia.
Speaker 1: In Australia, Yeah, yeah, actually not far from us. But the woman had taken off her wedding ring because she was putting sun cream all over her body. Right, she held it in her mouth to keep it safe, because that is obviously the safest place to put it. Put the sun cream on it. Slipped out of her mouth, bounced off the edge of the boat into the river. Now what I want to add to this story is this was a century old engagement ring. This is one hundred years old, and they've just watched it go into the river. So they were frantically trying to look for it. Grandma's ring like a beautiful grandma's It was a beautilom So they're looking for it everywhere they've got. There, got scoopers like Paul Scoopers. They did everything. They've got people to help them. Gone like they just had to admit defeat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it says here. They arranged three professional search missions.
Speaker 1: Missions because it would be worth a a lot literally monetary wise.
Speaker 4: But also and you can't replace that. I mean it's different.
Speaker 5: If you lose the ring that you got from Tiffany's, it hurts because it costs a lot, But when it's something that's been passed down from your great great grandma, God, you feel terrible.
Speaker 3: We'll get this. Somebody just found it. Eighteen months later, had heard the story from some fishermen's tails and tracked down the couple and gave them back their one hundred year old engagement ring that they lost Inner River eighteen month.
Speaker 8: That's so good.
Speaker 2: There was a sea shanty and they heard them singing in the ocean of the Lost three like a mermaid.
Speaker 4: But is that not crazy? You would think that you would.
Speaker 1: How has it not even been buried by some sand or something?
Speaker 2: So good? Thirteen one I sixty five? What did you find after years? I mean I maybe find, like you know, in the back of the pantry, a half block of Cabri chocolate. I'm celebrating from a muff.
Speaker 1: Did you find some linto in your belly button?
Speaker 2: Grant on thirteen one six five had Grant? What did you find after a long time?
Speaker 9: Yes, years ago I found Well, my father actually lost a watch over the boat at mooring down in North Harbor in Sydney, and the watch was inscribed. It was given to him by his second wife. He had lost the watch overboard dove afterwards where avid scuba divers and gave it to go to find it. Couldn't find it on the bottom. Unfortunately, I had an extensive look and roaded off that mooring was out at the time. We got rid of that mooring in a different boat and years later, I would say eight to ten years later, we came back to the same mooring. We didn't own it, but we decided to hook up to it. My father decided to do a bit of work on board. I lost the screwdriver overboard, the screwdriver like he dove after it to try and catch the screwdriver while free falling. He managed to get that it wasn't that deep, and when he got close to the bottom catching the screwdriver, he saw a watch. The watch, Yeah, and I think you get the rest of the story basically the watch, Yeah, the same watch. You know, it wasn't working. Yes, the battery was dead. Unfortunately, I wasn't working, but they did put a new battery in it and it was still working. Great advertisement for sports.
Speaker 4: Is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: It's almost like there's some sort of spirit of voodoo telling you to go right there in that exact spot and the screwdriver.
Speaker 1: A lot of universe in the work set, the chain of events.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had the screwdriver there to fix the watch if you needed to. It's all sat up perfectly.
Speaker 4: You know that, I've got a watch battery.
Speaker 2: Next on the pick up, Laurie, You've got an ultimatum for Britt.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 5: I know, Britt, I know how much you absolutely love your dog Delilah.
Speaker 1: No, you can't give her away.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not try She's here to stay. But I do have a bit of an ultimatum for you, and I'm wondering whether you'll make the right decision.
Speaker 1: Highly likely that I will not.
Speaker 4: Do it on my backside for you.
Speaker 2: That's next. It's the pick up Friday afternoon. Britt, Laura and mitch On kiss get ahead of the spread this flu season with annual flu vaccinations available at Chemist Warehouse only nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 4: All Right, you guys know that I don't love puppies.
Speaker 1: You have had a problem with little Delilah for a while.
Speaker 2: Can't say that's not something that you tell people. I didn't realize that was a trait.
Speaker 5: You know, Like it makes me sound like I'm a psychopath. But I genuinely don't like puppies. I just think that they are so they're so nippy, they piss everywhere, They're just get old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe that's.
Speaker 2: Exactly there's free therapy.
Speaker 5: No, because I have two children, I don't need another child to take care of it.
Speaker 4: And I like old dogs.
Speaker 5: I'm all about like just ones that want to have a cuddle on the couch. They know when they need to go to the toilet, they sit by the door. Reliable, just like a Delilah intervention.
Speaker 4: What are you getting that?
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: The reason why I wanted to talk about this is because there is a poor woman who has been forced into getting a puppy from her husband. She has said she didn't want one. Now, this went on for years. She was pushing back, saying I don't want a puppy anyway. Finally he wore her down. Not only that they get a puppy, they got a German shorthad pointer.
Speaker 4: Do you guys know what?
Speaker 6: They like?
Speaker 4: Beautiful, so beautiful, but they need so much exercise. They are neurotic.
Speaker 5: So this poor woman she finally caved into getting a dog, and she feels like her life has been ruined. This dog has absolutely she's it is like she's in a living hell. It poos all over the place, It crushes her plans, it digs up pots everywhere. There is literally urine all over the house. It's toxic and it's killing everything. She said, I struggle every single day and I feel like I'm being pushed out of my own space. My marriage hinges on this dog.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: So she's gotten to the point now where this has gone on so far that she is going to give her husband an ultimatum. She's gonna ask him it's me or the dogs.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, big question.
Speaker 1: That is a huge question.
Speaker 4: What would you do, Britt? Okay?
Speaker 5: If Ben turned around, because Delilah is she's getting better, but she's a year and a half now. How many things has Delilah eaten of yours? How many designer handbag shoes?
Speaker 2: A lot?
Speaker 1: But it doesn't matter to me because my love knows no bounce.
Speaker 2: But you walk into your house bread and you smell dog hair. You have to brush it off your clothes. You can't sit on the couch.
Speaker 4: You're buying a new couch because you can't.
Speaker 5: You've only had your couch for a year and a half, but your couch is ruined because of your dog.
Speaker 1: I don't understand. It's just a hate against DLA and get that.
Speaker 2: Laura brings up a good question, would you leave your new partner Ben of how long's it been It's only been about six months.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 5: If Ben turned around and said, Britt, this is a real problem. I can't live like this. Delilah is an absolute hazard to everyone and everything.
Speaker 4: What would you do? Would you leave him by Ben get rid of?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Delilah would have to win because she's my first true laugh.
Speaker 5: Wait, so you would break up with Ben and you love Delilah Moore.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm here.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't break up with Ben, but if Ben was like Delilah or me, I'd be like, you're gonna live a lonely life.
Speaker 2: Buddy. Wow, that's interesting because Life from Scotland. Joining us on the line is BRIT's beautiful boyfriend.
Speaker 8: Hi, Ben, Well, Hello Brett?
Speaker 1: Did did she hear that? I?
Speaker 9: Did hear?
Speaker 8: That? Very interesting?
Speaker 9: I have to say, do you really?
Speaker 4: You guys just set me up for failure.
Speaker 5: This just shows where you sit in the pecking order of BRIT's life.
Speaker 2: That's what this is, I know.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm on the phone when Britt walks Delilah and she throws the tantrum every day she turned visit line. She's expensive handbags for her and yet I'm the old man out here. So I mean, it's it's a very simple question. If the Lila on me was drown and who would you say? I mean, I mean, you really got to put it to the test.
Speaker 1: Pare I like you think I'm pretty superhuman.
Speaker 2: They're in two separate lanes.
Speaker 3: No what like a dog.
Speaker 2: She can swim.
Speaker 4: Delia's pulling off a cliff.
Speaker 2: She's holding on by one single pole.
Speaker 4: It bends drowning from Scotland. There's not many many bodies of water cooks.
Speaker 2: And he's not athletically strong. We know that he's not an athlete or anything.
Speaker 1: He doesn't swim.
Speaker 4: Lablet want to hand back for you.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 4: You're pretty long.
Speaker 1: I would throw you a rope, pull you in and then I'm gone, say you're six foot six, you can you can look after yourself.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: I love you fiercely.
Speaker 2: Ben Laura. Let's leave them to discuss. I love you. This is the end of the show, and rightly, so there you can find about it and thank you, Ben. But we'll up next to drive your home. Well, I feel like we need to just leave those two.
Speaker 3: You're cool.
Speaker 1: Did you just set me up big time?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah? Well I mean enjoy that.
Speaker 1: You know, when I ask you guys for a setup, it's usually like set me up with a guy, and not set me up for failure.
Speaker 4: Well, now we can set you up with a guy because you might be singing yes.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, we'll see you guys Monday. Have a good weekend, next guys.
Speaker 3: Bye,