Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast.
Speaker 2: It is Friday as someone who is really cemented in her tgif era, happy to be here, happy to be not here?
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 1: I'm sure some people listening will relate to this experience. It is making friends and scaring people. How to make friends who influence and scare people? On Facebook Marketplace Akay, the best app on Earth. Let's get to it. This is Flex and Frooms on KAITA.
Speaker 2: Question of the day. Would you let your uber go into a car wash after the trip has been started?
Speaker 3: Yes? Or no? Can we get a raise of hands?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: And see people think that I am the mean one at this show.
Speaker 1: Karen is the term.
Speaker 2: No, they don't think I'm a Karen. They think I'm a bitch. However, I think being a Karen's worse.
Speaker 3: Than the long term.
Speaker 1: For sure, bitch.
Speaker 3: In the short term. It's situational.
Speaker 2: However, It's something that I did do on It was a pleasant Wednesday morning. I was coming from Melbourne to Sydney. I got into my Uber and almost immediately the uber driver says to me, picking you up in this ride is both a good luck charm and a bad luck charm and as.
Speaker 3: A spooky girl. I said, we'll talk to me, bro, what's going on?
Speaker 2: And I'm trying to do this thing where I'm like present in situations with strangers who aren't my people. So he says picking me up in this ride was both good luck and bad luck. I said, talk to me, king, what's going on. He said, well, it's good luck. It's going to be a long ride. I'm talking about ninety bucks everyone no chip, not in this country. But then he said it's bad luck because for about thirty five minutes, I was waiting in line at the car wash and I had to choose between picking you up or letting you go because I was next in line.
Speaker 3: I said, so what did you end up doing. He's liked, well, look at the look at the windscreen.
Speaker 2: It's dirty. I picked you up in stay and I said, oh, that's a shame. I'm sorry. He's like, well, you know, I said huh. He's like, well, you're not scared of car washes, are you? The way he framed that, the way he friended that. I said, no, I'm not scared of a car wash. He's like, well, we could just drive past the car wash and see if it's empty. And I was like, you really want a clean car, don't you. He's like, yeah, my car's dirty. I don't like the way it looks like. I think it affects the way that I drive, Like I'm trying to provide a really good service. And I'm like, look, we can drive past the car wash and if nobody's there, we can go into the car wash. She's like, you sure don't do that, king, don't ask me quite.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: So we're driving, driving, driving. He's looking at me in the rear view trying to do jokes. It's gone too far now. I'm thinking that I consent to you kidnapping me, because it feels like that currently it feels like I've said yes.
Speaker 3: While that's tapping the uber dash, She's like, out of bound bounds? Will wi will out of the zone.
Speaker 2: Out of the zone, please turn around, And he's liked, don't worry about that.
Speaker 1: I don't worry. Like, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we get to the car wash. He does a loop loop and thankfully for him and I'm the car wash is available to use.
Speaker 3: I thought it'd be.
Speaker 2: Just one of those chill go in get your car washed whatever. It's now a manual and automatic. So someone's doing like a pre wash, a manual pre wash. We're going in it's automatic. They're like, oh, do you want to do an upsell and get your car wax?
Speaker 1: He's looking back at me. I'm looking at him.
Speaker 3: I said, King, we've now added fifteen to the trip.
Speaker 1: Fifteen.
Speaker 3: He's like, you know what I'll do.
Speaker 2: I won't go through the tunnel on the way, and I'm like, we need the tunnel for speed, okay, And so the whole trip he begins to talk about how He's like, I think you're my good luck charm. I said enough, And that's how you bamboozle from inside the car, because had he not a reverse psychology made and be like you're not scared?
Speaker 3: Are you? He knew he was talking to He knew I wouldn't back down from it. Are you scared?
Speaker 2: And also I think he was aware that the discomfort of saying no and having him complain the whole ride was far worse and just being like, let's go to the car wash.
Speaker 3: Carl was nice.
Speaker 2: So I get it, Tesla, no bam, no comment. Okay, you don't want to out him yeah, no, you don't even try and find him. That's my king.
Speaker 1: Did you give him a five star? No?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I think I dull don't know. I think I've done enough. I really think I've cranked it and pushed it. And that's the issue of being someone who's trying to be a better person. Where are my boundaries? I said, you know what, let's just do it, because I thought to myself, I'm actually quite indifferent. I wasn't in a really because because they're waiting for you in Caita. But honestly, I was like, I'm indifferent personally. I don't like the feeling of being rushed. I don't want to be in a forty five fifty minute car ride with someone who's pissed off, like whatever, do what you need to do. I'm like, this is more embarrassing for you than it is for me. And it made a funny story.
Speaker 1: And yet if a tree falls and forced and no one's out a seed, it didn't fall. Pop Culture you missed with Flex.
Speaker 3: And froomes on.
Speaker 1: We don't talk about Kanye West very much on this show, but we did talk I think when he married Biancher Sinsori, who was an Australian woman. Whenever I see articles about them, it's like married in inverted commas, because they don't actually know if they're married. But the other day I was on a website and I saw a photo of them out together and she is wearing the most wildest outfit where she's like wearing a sock over her head and a big black like it's avant garde, I guess, but they're like out at the playground. And I think people always seem to like put photos of Kanye's outfits thinking that they're wild. They have since like the early Kim days. And I was reading these conspiracy theories and apparently it's because I mean, is it a conspiracy theory? I think a friend told me.
Speaker 3: So, you weren't reading.
Speaker 1: I was talking at this point, is pure And they were saying that apparently these kind of like disguises started happening because people were saying that she looks like Pete.
Speaker 3: Davidson so literally so, and that he's concealing her face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but surely that's not No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: And also I'm not very moved by these outlandish outfits because it feels like Kanye is doing rinse and repeat, like he did this with Kim he did this with Julia Fox, He's doing this with bi Ancher. It feels like a very like low hanging fruit. I think he knows.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: It's in the.
Speaker 2: Sense that, like Kanye, say what you want about him attention like grabber, he really wants the attention by any means necessary, And at one point it was due to his creative prowess. But I think he got to a certain point where he felt as though he was at his peak and he wasn't being regarded as such. You know, that kind of friction between thinking you're the best and not being validated as such, or not loving your work and people loving it, or the kind of like Kanye is the goat, coming ten years after the album dropped, and so I feel like now he's in this, Like he says that he really loves Edward Bennet's the godfather of pr and stunts and all of these things for how he was able to turn the everyday mundane into a performance and this art of drawing attention at any time when you want it and not when as opposed to being at the helm of when someone's going to grant you this attention.
Speaker 1: I thought that he didn't want the attention, am I just like blind? Has he got anything to write right now? Well?
Speaker 3: I think that's the thing. Like I think he wants the attention.
Speaker 2: I think he's just having a play at how he gets it and seeing how nonsensical and how little effort he has to put in to get more than the attention that he got when he was breaking his back. I think he's constantly making a mockery of celebrity in a way that I think he's kind of not He's not coming unscathed. Like while he's making his mockery, he's been made of mockery of.
Speaker 1: But maybe he's thinking I always have even when I'm amazing. Yeah, maybe it's that I was listening the other day to Poop Did this goop?
Speaker 3: Did he woop woop this groop dee poop?
Speaker 1: Now that was genius, Let's be real. Because he didn't want Is it that he didn't want Drake to use the be obsessed?
Speaker 3: I mean, he's a hilarious king Hettie obsessed.
Speaker 1: I am currently in the middle of decking out an entire apartment top to tail from Facebook Marketplace. I pride myself on having an amazing skill of finding the best bargains and the best designer weares. A few years ago, I bought a couch. Not a few years No, no, I'm going through the disco. A couple of years ago. Bought a premium four thousand dollars leather couch for four hundred dollars. Okay, big thick boy, always get a compoint when they come in. Secondly, bought a custom made day bed with full storage, sweet and a beautiful comfy top one hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 1: Bought an incredible sideboard that gets a comment every time. Would be worth two thousand dollars four hundred bucks. N been in every house I've been in side tables, chrome glass, one hundred bucks. Like anything you can think of in my house that is cool is secondhand, which we love for multiple reasons. But I'm currently in the process of selling off some.
Speaker 3: Oh how are you selling them off?
Speaker 2: You letting people come to your abode, because that's what gets me about selling these days, I can't do that. It's had one too many run ins and not run into when they get there, run ins when they leave. When I talk about that uber who was like I won't to tell anyone where you live. Oh, can't be trusted.
Speaker 1: The person in the adult store saying, what's your name? Give me your full name?
Speaker 3: Girl's Sindy.
Speaker 1: So how's this?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: My name on Facebook is a pseudonym. It's quite a hilarious pseudonym. I won't tell you what it is because it defeats the purpose I should do that. You sure, I do you have? Do you even have Facebook?
Speaker 3: I don't have you, I don't use it, but I have it.
Speaker 1: You have it? Okay. The issue with having quite a hilarious pseudonym, as I do with a different profile picture totally anonymous, is that people think that I'm not a real person on Facebook. It's proves to be quite an issue when I'm bidding for hot ticket items. Then I've had to start writing, by the way, my name is x y Z. Also not Lucinda, but something of the like Lucille or something I say every time. By the way, my name is Lucille. I'm a real person, Lucille. Yeah, it's not even Lucille, but it's something like that, like something to Certain people will say hey Lucy, and I'm like, okay, they're talking.
Speaker 3: Do you say by the way I'm a real person.
Speaker 2: I say, by the way, it's just a bie.
Speaker 1: And it actually ends up being quite a few funny conversations because it's kind of like a drag.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a community.
Speaker 1: So what I've done, though, is I've started selling stuff and I'm starting to see the other side. Not fun. Annoying it is because sometimes I'll be like, well, do you have this to go do?
Speaker 3: Half cash, half card? And is it possible if my friend comes like and.
Speaker 1: Facebook needs to stop the automatic message being is this still available? I'm having a nips fam get them. So now I'm realizing how bloody and all you need to try and sell stuff. I'm trying to sell. I'm giving away a free mid century modern death and don't need it. I'm also selling a frosted dark glass MCM coffee table. It's a fantastic look.
Speaker 3: Tell me why.
Speaker 1: I get a message from someone called x y Z and then a last name that I recognize okay, and I'm like, damn, that sounds like a hot guy.
Speaker 2: So I gosh, you got to see what the people are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I clean on the profile. Why is it Zig's mum? Oh she is a TikToker. She delile. No, she wants to. I asked her last night.
Speaker 3: She wants to be at it.
Speaker 1: She did this for condown because I get this like, hey, can I pick this up? And I replied her to a besh and she sees it. She's like, oh my god, what's happening. And then I send her a selfie so tomorrow she just picking out my mid century modern size per fifty dollars. But you're up having this conversation about how her name is obviously also different on Facebook. I only realized because her face she's put the normal Facebook profile. The only reason she's put her face back on is her profile picture was a picture of her dog looking dead like the dog is like. She's like, I've been where you've been, girls, I mean just bonded over like having these ridiculous Facebook names, So I need to change my face. People be lurking, and if you're going to be selling some MCM goods, some qutis are going to be popping into the inbox. So I'll give you the full house Feld when I deck it fully.
Speaker 3: Out with FB.
Speaker 1: My god, way, but I'm so exciting you're listening to flex and frooms on Kita listen.
Speaker 2: We gotta listen to DM that was asking us about normal things we find embarrassing. One that I used to but don't double triple texting. If I got someone to say, I'm going to say it. Do you know why?
Speaker 3: Because I started doing this thing where I.
Speaker 2: Look at the message threads of me and my closest friends as a stranger. You know, when you like zoom out for a little bit and you're like, what would somebody say? It's one of like three things. One we hate each other, one we're obsessed with each other, and one.
Speaker 3: We're in love.
Speaker 2: Because you know, like if I text for me and she doesn't respond, I'm gonna text it again and again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not stressed.
Speaker 1: At all, but that's like a low. We know we're going to see each other.
Speaker 2: But even so, realistically, if you had texted me four times in two weeks and you hadn't seen me, I had to respond it, I'd be like, it's fine. No part of we would think there's an issue happening, or my head would go benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 3: She's busy. Wasn't that funny you caught her.
Speaker 2: At a bad time. Whatever it might, it's like I'm just not concerned about it. If I send you a meme and you don't respond, I'm not stressed.
Speaker 1: We reply to each other with in minutes.
Speaker 2: Though to be fair, it's true, but we aren't that. But also being on the receiving end of receiving a text, thinking about replying, not replying, and then forgetting about it. I love a double text bringing back up to some of the embOS, please cause it gets too far down. I'm not scrolling through eye message. It's gonpit bumper. Sometimes eating in front of people a hundred percents, like depending on what the food is, I get like paranot about like my how I'm holding cutlery, how it's going into my mouth?
Speaker 3: How do you think I feel my mouth?
Speaker 1: How do you think I feel eating with a nice sandwich with the knock and fork? Yeah, And people always ask me questions leaping out of question my own reasons, but I care not to share. I get embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Do you mean embarrassed to eat? What kind of world?
Speaker 1: You know? It sounds like if I'm eating chocolate and like everyone's on their health kick and they're trying to shame me like baites. You don't know the half of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like me working in office getting hot chips every day.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like again, I'm like, yeah again, shut up, honestly, let me live, Like just feel good that I'm doing that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I think crossing the road can be a bit embarrassing. Like when I go for walks, I try and go with the traffic. So in Australia, I want to walk on the left hand side of the road so I'm not seeing cars drive up as I'm walking towards them.
Speaker 1: See. I like that because I prefer people to see me on the front because it's more embarrassing for people to see at the back.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know when people are like you know when you take a video of yourself walking away and you realize that's what you look like from the back.
Speaker 2: Never so we've got walking eating.
Speaker 1: See important to know that the girls are suffering.
Speaker 2: It's the crossing the road that gets me because you have to ask so nonchalant about it, like just crossing.
Speaker 1: But you see, I'm yeah, off the phone, I always phone away. I'm to give you a little wave unless they give me, like if I'm crossing zebra crossing, right, Okay. I go through a period I'll give them a little something. Yet give them something. But if they look at me, I think you have to go. Aggression comes out. If they look at me and they have no smile in their face, I just flip a little bird.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I feel like they can't see me, Like I have tinted windows, so I feel like people can't see what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm looking.
Speaker 3: Yeah you would.
Speaker 1: And if you have any more embarrassing things that are actually quite normal. For example, the Chicks sent in that she doesn't like holding an umbrella, Yeah, which I feel. Send them in. We want to all suffer together.
Speaker 3: Just layering actually is quite embarrassing. Flex when you layer clothes and like layer, it's like disrupted.
Speaker 1: Shut up. I was in my bag the other day in a good way, not in a sad way, thinking about the soundtrack of my life. I personally love making Spotify playlists. I've got three of them. The most public one is free Me Fridays. If you type in through me Fridays to Spotify, you'll find a playlist that's been liked almost three thousand times, which is incredible.
Speaker 3: Let's not rush over that. So good.
Speaker 1: She's not a DJ, though I have been a curator. And also people often think I'm a DJ just by virtue of my proximity to.
Speaker 2: Flexmummy and me being a comedian proximity proximity.
Speaker 1: Okay, we do it well. And I was thinking what would the soundtrack to my life be? This is actually quite a personal question, but my personal soundtrack song when I think about it, is this. Can I play it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Tell me if you guys know what this is? Is Outside by George Michael.
Speaker 3: Folks my add that to my plays.
Speaker 1: You never heard of that? I don't think you never heard that song.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Outside is my favorite song because I have a video of myself when I was about two in the bath and I'm singing it and then Dad walks he was singing it. I say, let's go outside in the moonshine, which is the lyrics. And also it's about George Michael getting quote unquote busted having public sex in a public bathroom. Are you guys across this when you got the police busted him?
Speaker 3: Two year old? Really written the papers across three?
Speaker 1: What is the Paper's a bit wet for me reading in the bar with my toys. So yeah, my song is Outside by George Michael. It's got almost like a Quincy Jones type element with a Jimi required beat is Oh my god, fantastic notes and I just love that it's about him. It's so self referential, starting with the choppers and the police because you're getting quiet in sex, like take back your public toilet. So that's my song? What's yours?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I have one? Well, I can't. I can't like go off the back of that.
Speaker 3: That was too much?
Speaker 1: Can I guess? For you? Yea Drake? Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wowow.
Speaker 2: And for your depression era take care?
Speaker 3: What is my depression here? I don't know.
Speaker 1: When you're like deep in your bag?
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: That would be such a nice activity to pick twenty songs to build a playlist of your life and if you could think of key moments to go with the song.
Speaker 3: But I don't think I'm sentimental in that way.
Speaker 1: That's surprise.
Speaker 3: I want to be.
Speaker 2: I'm sentimental for like verbal experiences like you and I had a conversation and that was so funny. But I'm not really good at matching like sent to place, food to time.
Speaker 1: I think DJ just has you two ran through with honestly, it.
Speaker 3: Ruined music for me for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's why I was such a podcast bro, because I could still get the fix of being headphones on.
Speaker 3: But now I'm back on music.
Speaker 1: Good oning fan, Well yeah, okay, that's a fun activity for all flex and Films listeners. Go home, or when you get a chance, go to your preferred app. Pick twenty songs. I've got one myself that is not public, and sometimes I listened to it and I think, oh yeah, reminds me of specific time.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. DMS.
Speaker 2: You your soundtrack, Maybe not the whole thing unless it's really good, but key songs and the story to go with.
Speaker 3: I would love fun activities and some sa you've been listening to the flexen Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 1: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.