Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Does making more money make you happier? That is the question we're answering today on Flex and Rooms. It's all about the financial happiness plateau. There was once a guy who said that your happiness plateaus after making seventy five k USD. At the time that he said that, I don't know what that was worth in aud but right now it's at one hundred and three k. He has done a big boy thing and admitted that he was wrong redacted redacted, which is a very big thing to do. But I also feel like it's no fault of his own. A lot of opinions on the internet taken as fact and they're immortalizing the way they shouldn't be. Sometimes you just say things, Oh, sometimes you just like you echulae or you hypothesize and you believe it and then it's wrong too real, Like isn't gravity a theory? I'm sure if big Dog Einstein was still here, he'd be like, I don't really know if that's like someone I stand by, did einsiginn to gravity? Was that Newton who? No? The thing is though, I think that Trying to convince people that money does or does not buy happiness is secondary to the fact that we live in the world we live in currently. Stop telling people not to do whatever they need to do to generate happiness in a way that works for them. It's not helpful. I don't need a nine figure bay being like you would never want this, please, it's not helpful. And also what happens is that like people end up parentifying you in a really weird way, like the girl boss who's like, you would never want this. Being a bus is really hard. Let them find out, Yeah, let them find out.
Speaker 1: Hord your around and find out.
Speaker 2: You know, because really you're trying to make sure this one have competition so you can maintain your check. I don't like it. Oh. The problem with being able to publish stuff is that like, at the time it's true, and then it's not true, and then if you're lucky, it just fades into obscurity and nobody calls you out on it. But then if you're unlucky, you gotta like maintain your credibility by being like, I was wrong, and listen, it's okay to be wrong when you change a generation. When you convince people that they don't need any more money when the Cozi living's going up. Babes, I think you might be a demon. Who were you working for at the time. He was in cahoots with HR and the corporations of the world to get people to not ask to pay.
Speaker 3: Rises because you need anything more than seventy five. Okay, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: He had a kickback. You take seventy you won't be happier with anymore. It's gluttonous.
Speaker 1: Listen, I think that this hinges on this. Yeah, this is condingent on this. It is Are you sure I want us just keep going?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: I do fault to the man in the room when it comes to these This is.
Speaker 2: A this is a habit, and Frumi will say I'm being a hater. But FRUMI will spend so much time quizzing the women in the office and find one random stray man, any man, not even one that's had any context of what's happening, and default his opinion and then be done. She's comfortable. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: See, at least I know what I'm doing. Okay, unlearning behavior space.
Speaker 3: You're not learning misogynist And he said the man inside of me said to find the closest man.
Speaker 2: To listen to.
Speaker 1: Anyway, guys listen. I think that how much money you earn is important with regards to your friends. If all your friends are on seventy five, then you chill.
Speaker 3: If you're on a seventy five.
Speaker 1: Lifestyle and your friends are earning twenty k.
Speaker 2: I think how much money you need is continue on the lifestyle you want to have and sustain. And unfortunately, if you live in metropolitan areas, that will always be exploding out of control. Sydney Vibes is hampster Wiel vibes. People never feel content here because as soon as you've gotten the job that affords you enough money to pay your ramp, get your private health care, pay your car and ensure, do your phone bill and go out with the girlies, the rent's gone up. Yeah, babe, it's cooked.
Speaker 1: Are you liking Melbourne?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you think it's any different?
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: Well, it's different in the sense that I've got a head start because I'm living in Sydney, in Sydneyland for prices, So I'm like, I'm balling, but give it, you know, two years and I'll go back to Hobart Hobart, miss Ebabe, you've been listening to The flexen Froom's daily podcast. For more, Tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.