Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Have you ever written or chord? A company found out yesterday my daughter. Let's just leave a side that the fact that this she sent a letter to a company, emailed them during her school day yesterday during a maths lesson. But anyway, it's doing worth ginnings that one. The grammar's very good in this email. Okay, come with just meet their daughter. So she was over the weekend. She was tucking into a packet of owning the brand name even though they dealt with very well, uh sour cream and chai flavored crackers widely available at Cole's and woolwas okay. She opens it up and there is right down the bottom don't know if you've opened up before, and has a bit strange in food. It's a fist size. It's almost like a maze ball where if it's seasoning or all the potato, but it's con chilled. But it's massive. So I didn't I didn't know she was going to sort of contact the company to whomever it may concern. I was absolutely sicken and pall grammar here in a six year.
Speaker 3: Olds, you've got a bonus flavorball. You should be happy.
Speaker 2: About I was absolutely sicken in the pool to finance play the music. So this is from my six year old daughter to the Cracker Company, to whoever it may concern. Always a great opening. Now I think it's the it's the opening. It's the opposite to h I said, good day, So good day to whoever it may concern. I was absolutely sickening in the poor to find a strange ball of unidentical substance at the bottom of my sour cream and Chai crackers. I had eaten almost the entire packet. Now I'm feeling uneasy after finding this lurk in the bottom. Please find attached photos. Look forward to hearing how you intend to remedy this, as I normally love all your snacks and all flavors. Thank you, Lois O'Connell.
Speaker 3: Getting marked doing that dream forever.
Speaker 2: The masks going on now they email back, so they've contacted their their words laboratory, like there's in my mind there's a sea through window, you know, like complaints to turn the headphones off. The bloody boffins in there didn't make it to NASA at the unnamed Cracker company. What sour creep and crackers? They replied, they've chatted with the geniuses and the laboratory and they think it's just a load of season. It must have stuck in the hopper and erroneously there would erroneously meant into what it's all just packet of crackers.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope someone gets fired for that in frey boxes, Paty, you love this.
Speaker 2: They've asked for her contact eater so they can sent some complimentary crackers that's perfectly handled. Patty, you must have done this. She must have contacted company either emailing them, writing or.
Speaker 4: Phone numerous times.
Speaker 2: Don't name them, please, no, I won't. There before there's a certain.
Speaker 4: Chocolate biscuit that is a family favorite that is just no, like it's just got smaller and smaller over the years, like it used to be lovely and fat with lots.
Speaker 2: Of come of it. They're not in business anymore anymore. They're sleeping with the.
Speaker 4: Chocolates right to them and say, what's happened to our family favorite? And they did send a couple of packets, but it's still.
Speaker 2: Not thousand dollars notes. Yeah, Jackie, what have you done this?
Speaker 3: I had a veny machine steal made two dollar coin and.
Speaker 2: I get out of it. Come on, you know a kid who's bought out of a Mitra and a math lesson. I get not as an adult.
Speaker 3: It was some time ago when two dollars would still buy you a chocolate bar any machine, but I was out of school. I called the number on the top of the veny machine has said that my money has been stolen.
Speaker 2: Guess what they do.
Speaker 3: They send out in an envelope a piece of cardboard that perfectly fits the envelope and has a perfectly cut circle for a two dollar coin to sit in the middle. We've got to be you get your two dollars back.
Speaker 2: Now, Producer Kaylin, I didn't realize I Producer Kaytor has got form on this, right, sheese at the moment? Then, is this right that I've heard this right? You're not paying. You've got a year and a half free with your moment.
Speaker 5: Actually longer. I think it might be two years. I got a oney six hundred and twenty eight dollars credit for a telecommunications company.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Now, my understanding is that the problem with your phone wasn't actually to do with the company. It was to do with your charger.
Speaker 5: It wasn't my charger. I had downloaded a corrupted file to my phone, which was through an app, and.
Speaker 6: It happened on Current Affairs downloading on the russianage told me to download it then from Amazon click were you in download?
Speaker 2: You not download a corrupted file?
Speaker 5: No, I just downloaded an app and it corrupted in the download on.
Speaker 2: Some sort of soundra bullock thing only fans.
Speaker 5: It was like an ESPN tipping app.
Speaker 2: Oh, Queenslanders out of Queens spa tipping app.
Speaker 3: So because you downloaded malware, you think the telecommunications company should pay your bill for two years?
Speaker 5: No, So what happened was I wanted to get a phone, obviously during the time in which they needed to take the phone to figure out what was wrong, and they couldn't offer me that. And as a producer of a brilliant radio.
Speaker 2: Show, well, I'm sorry, Spielberg or de Niro or zac Efron could be calling, and how am I meant to take their calls? For Christian O'Connell, I love it.
Speaker 5: The option was for me to be without my phone for fourteen days.
Speaker 2: And that was not crazy. It's just a courtesy car when you were current to be repaired, exactly.
Speaker 5: And so because they couldn't offer me.
Speaker 2: That what do you get the manager's phone of yours?
Speaker 5: I actually called a thing called the t io, which is the telecommunication on Budsman, and he tell them you case. You tell them your case, and they kind of say, yep, you have a right to do this. And I had a rite because they didn't offer me a substantial read like a substantial given.
Speaker 3: The languages around this story, it means you've spoken to somebody's complaint language.
Speaker 5: And so because of that, they had no option but to do whatever I say.
Speaker 7: And so.
Speaker 2: Give your trousers.
Speaker 5: So what I said, I need a brand new and so they gave me a.
Speaker 2: Brand So they gave you a complimentary phone. In the meantime, yours was prepared.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, they just gave me a brand new replace.
Speaker 2: You got a brand new phone out of this? What up?
Speaker 5: Great brand new phone? And I all so got this isn hundred dollars in Yeah, because it took so long, like I had to go back and forth to like these other places to kind of get information about what was wrong with it so that I didn't have to send it away and that took like five days. So yeah, essentially they had to pay for all of.
Speaker 3: That now they have to do whatever you said.
Speaker 2: Eever you say I love this, I want you to go shout on my body. I'm terrible at doing this though. All right, So, have you ever complained to a company, whether it's an email written to them, called them and do us a favor? Please today? Right when you call in the show stories, don't name the company. If you love the show and you want to hear it. Ever again, don't name the company.
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Asking you have you ever complained to a company? Chris oh Os bought a packet of chocolate covered snackies. They were not supposed to have nuts in them, but there was a sneaky chocolate coated peanut in there. Contact to the company. They sent me a twenty dollars coals voucher. Not bad, not bad, Chris. I also have contact to the telecommunication ombardsman known as to to help deal with one of those great phone companies. I'd moved house to location they didn't have coverage for and I was trying to obviously cancel my contract because I couldn't use the phone. They wanted a ridiculous amount of money to exit the contract. And it's like a divorce that it's probably easy to get divorced to break up with your gym or a phone company. After talking we're the Ombardsman. Not only did they have to cancel my contract for free, but had to a fund two months payment as that's what I've paid in time to the talk to try and sort it out.
Speaker 3: That reminds you of the time I tried to get out of my internet contract. Is when I moved house. I set up the all the motive and stuff and it didn't work. And I'm on the phone with the company for hours and they're trying to get to work. It's not working. I said, I think we just have to quit it here. They said, no, before we can give you a refund, you have to go and take your modem to your neighbor's house and see if it works.
Speaker 2: You've got to be killing that's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Ah.
Speaker 2: I bet you've been to an ombuds in a couple of times, Pats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I went to the telecommunication on the Ombardsman. When we were working from home, I had drastic trouble with our internet.
Speaker 2: We still were Drastic is another language you're using complain emails and phone calls, isn't.
Speaker 3: It didn't the radio station end up buying you and you like antenna or something to get better And.
Speaker 4: No, there was talk of doing that because we weren't yet on broadband out where we were where a bit and it was a nightmare.
Speaker 5: We were one of.
Speaker 4: The NBA on me not broadband.
Speaker 2: Brought bet a frangle MODI.
Speaker 4: Anyway, just trying to talk to a human to get it fixed was utterly impossible, and I had no other option but to go to the ombitsman and they sorted it.
Speaker 2: You leave me with no that's it. That's another thing. I've said that before. Well you didn't mean no option. That's it. My hands are tied.
Speaker 3: Just quickly had a great call from Brendan who had to go to work. But he complained to her it's a company who delivered the wrong pizzas and they said, no worries, we'll put it in the system. Next time you order, you get two free pizzas. It never turned off. Every time you ordered pizzas from there, they went, it looks like you got two free pizzas on the system.
Speaker 2: That guy's living the dream. Wow, this good morning, this good morning.
Speaker 8: This is about ten plus years ago we bought work. We order mixed box of chocolates and it was very heavy on the not the chocolates and not very heavy on the knife of chocolates. So everybody watched.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm with you now.
Speaker 8: The ratios, Yes, ratios were very wrong, but it's.
Speaker 3: Not really complaint worthy. I think it's just like they just like shuffle them in the bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we weren't happy and they we complained and they sent us a five dollars out.
Speaker 9: You split that amongst the company work times complain choco on bodsman.
Speaker 2: All right, let's thank you very much and com have a good day. Let's go to Terse. Come on in Teres, Oh Christian, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you all this morning?
Speaker 2: Oh? Terse? Were good? Who do you complain to? Teres? Okay?
Speaker 7: So it was a customer of mine. I worked in a well known department store in Melbourne, Ladies Fashion in the Imported and Australian designer section, and the customer had I had sold a suit to her for her son's wedding, which I might add cost five thousand dollars. A couple of weeks later, I saw her come through the elevator door with the bag in her hand. I thought, this is unusual. I had been serving her for quite some time. So I own up to her and I said, how are you. Is everything okay? She said, well, actually no, I didn't wear the suits to my son's wedding. I said, why what happened?
Speaker 1: She's sad.
Speaker 7: It has a very peculiar smell.
Speaker 1: I said, really.
Speaker 7: She says, yes, you can't smell it here, but as soon as you put it on, you can smell it. I said, look, I'll get it, thought it for you. I will send it to quality control. There is such a thing, and see what they come back with. Sure enough, get ready for it. A week later they contact me and they said, you'll never guess what the peculiar smell is. The suit has been embalmed.
Speaker 4: Oh god, that put it on a body just.
Speaker 7: The front door. Someone had purchased the suits, buried their loved one in the suit, and then returned the suit and got their money back.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know. I thought you the suit went in the ground with the person.
Speaker 2: I didn't me too.
Speaker 4: If there was five grands with jack ta.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See this is why you wash everything after you buy it.
Speaker 3: Because you never know where it's been.
Speaker 2: Fluid, never know.
Speaker 9: True.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? I want to start a weekly feature called shut the front Door, Shut guys, Shut the front door.
Speaker 7: The door one of my all time favorite stories, which I could tell you the exact details, but we can't because you're on radio. But far out Shut the front Door, it's.
Speaker 2: You've got to listen before you go. I'll give you my email address. I want all the details in this story. But listen. We loved your story so much, weak and instantly make you a corner of the week. Shut the front Door, open it again. It's us giving you one thousand dollars toise.
Speaker 7: Christian. Let me cry that the thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you, you made us laugh and insane story. We get so many crazies sorries, but the embalming suit, the embalmed suit is one of the all time greats.
Speaker 7: Yees unbelievable. So I will like all ignite at some point and tell you that hear the details.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a great Tori. Thank you so much to give us a nan. You're a great storyteller.
Speaker 1: Christian know Connells Show Podcast