Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street. Wretchman, This is the Christian o'connal Breakfast Show on Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey coome morning, Welcome to Monday Morning. It is shown number forty four for us. Over the weekend, I felt like I've been running a secret radio show. On Friday's Breakfast Show. I gave out my phone number and you've been calling it all weekend. Spoken to a lot of you. I've set up a WhatsApp group. It's about one hundred and fifty listeners in it right now. Even this morning, I left a little message from them according to five. So now I was having a peppermint tea and I get this one come hanging in two minutes later.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Christian Jonathan King's Park. Just letting you know made. I was up at three o'clock this morning. I was drinking coffee, not pippermint tea. Yeah, I after work, mate, So I'm on the Is that great?
Speaker 5: I mean, now that you've got all these new friends, I hardly heard from you over the weekend.
Speaker 3: The radio show on WhatsApp for our listeners, and you don't have to do a single job of work. It's great, Jack, I've I've been chatting to them and I've even got people letting us know. But their three word weekends.
Speaker 6: Henderson from Mary Warren South rocking out on the weekend.
Speaker 4: My three word weekend would be ten am sleeping.
Speaker 5: Jeerz.
Speaker 3: This guy, I'm just wnt know what he means by this.
Speaker 7: Hi, Christian, it's Chris from rock Head render Works. Real word for Sunday and nine is cannibalistic. Underground dwellers now on this.
Speaker 3: Guy, he's just had the weekend has kicked him. This guy is beaten, not just that. I don't know whether did he far. I'm pretty sure you know. I'm gonna have to start chucking people out of my WhatsApp group if you're breaking wind while you're leaving a message. But let's all, let me just kill the background music, all right, let me play it again.
Speaker 7: Christian, it's Chris from rock Her render Works. Reword for Sunday and nine is cannibalistic.
Speaker 6: It's a squeak.
Speaker 3: That's the fart called a Tommy squeaker. Back in England, we call, but it's a Tommy squeaker. That is a Tommy Squeaker. Once more, back into left. This is not there's a bruder footage, Christian.
Speaker 7: It's Chris from Rock her Render Works reword for Sunday and nine is cannibalistic Underground.
Speaker 5: I can't believe you. He's talking about you, completely gloss over cannibalistic underground dwellers.
Speaker 3: You're right, we're missing the big picture here. This guy needs help and all we're doing is in the background while he's getting authorities. What you call sooner, well, we just thought he during the message as well listening to it, you know. Okay, So my three word weekend, then we did this every Monday where we ask you the story of your weekend. What's happened to you over the weekend might be so much has irritated you whatever, the cannibalistic underground dwellers, I need to know more my three word weekend. I've had a very busy weekend aside from running focus groups over the weekend, chatting to people calling me up all weekend. Yesterday I get a knock at the door and it's a neighbor I've only met once before, and she says to me, her possum cage is falling in my garden. I must I must have stared at her for a good minute before I could think about what to say, because nothing she said made any sense to me. It was like you know that pin wheel on your phone sometimes when it's just like stuck.
Speaker 5: That was me.
Speaker 3: It was like midday and then I went sorry. What she was like, Yeah, I think my poss and cage has falling into your garden. Can I come and get it? And so she walks to the house and that's not walking through me possum cage? Does she keeping possums? Is she trying to capture them? What was she doing with them? And then short enough, there's a great four foot cage in my garden, just comment flying over the wall that I have to go and like uncover and hand it to her. There's no possums in it. What do you do with possums if you catch them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, to catch it's to catch them and then you mentor release them off site, because you're not a how to kill a possum. But if it's terrorizing your house, are you gonna let it?
Speaker 3: Where'd you go?
Speaker 5: I guess you go have you ever done it, Pats, I guess you like a parkt.
Speaker 3: She just eats their heads.
Speaker 6: We've only had rats in our place.
Speaker 5: Kindaballistic above.
Speaker 3: All right, give us a good this one then nine four one four one o four three. Let me know your three word weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: You must have picked up. There's a different aura coming out of me today, isn't there? Well, you got friends now to chat too. It's not that mate. Do you know what I brought over the weekend? L shaped couch?
Speaker 5: You find? Is this a couch that you going around gum train and looking for?
Speaker 3: Thank you everyone? Hang on, let me just get it right. L shaped couch plus Ottoman Ottoman. I now own an Ottoman. Even saying the word ottoman. I've never actually said that word before, but when I was ordering, I went is the Ottoman included in that price? And it was luckily because she said do you want the Ottoman? I said, I want the Ottoman. I've never owned an Ottoman, and I even googled this morning. I was so impressed because the Ottoman Empire was an ancient Turkish empire that ran for six years.
Speaker 6: I can't wipe bavies.
Speaker 3: You're listening to ABC and I actually googled this morning. Pieces of furniture named after empires. Oh my god, it's just the Ottoman. There's nothing else in any kind of ruling empire that gave way to a bit of furniture. The Ottomans. They gave us, and it was imported over to England, over to Europe from the Turks, so it.
Speaker 5: Was actually from the Ottoman Empire. They had a little cushion for we also corn poofs in the stress.
Speaker 3: I'm aware of this, which is why I just prefer to call it an Ottoman rather than get into any kind of incidents or become a hashtag proof Gate. So yeah, I been delivered in the next two weeks. I'm hugely excited. Life is going to change when I get that L shaped couch. And listen, guys, I'm not the kind of guy who buys an L shaped couch plus Ottoman and thinks it's just for me. I'd like to invite you all round, and I'd like you all to come around and do the breakfast show. When I get the couch, I like to open up the L shaped couch plus ottoman and we do an entire breakfast show from our new l shaped couch. I'm going to give you the honor. You can put those big old bunyan feet of yours up on my ottoman.
Speaker 6: Put the hawks up. Might even wash my feet for you if you're lucky.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's a classy lady. She's a classy ladies.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Jack your three word Weekend? What's happened Buddy?
Speaker 5: Mission? Impossible theme?
Speaker 3: Yes, he's ordering production. This guy's got it going on today. It's very directing from the floor.
Speaker 5: And I saw the new one on Saturday. I honestly loved it. I loved it. And then we so in long film maybe you like it felt like three That was probably only two. But we came out of the cinema. We're jumping over the like the.
Speaker 3: Chairs, and it's not funny when we go and see certain movies, you know, maybe like a Jason Morn or something that you do feel they wake you up, don't you. You've got all that adrenaline in you. That's the power of a great movie. And you walk away and you're seeing things differently. Is that guy following us?
Speaker 5: We're coming through.
Speaker 3: We need to lose that tell.
Speaker 5: So we've been doing it. It happened out of the cinema. We're jumping like over the hood of the car and the car park. And now we've been doing it to each other all weekend.
Speaker 3: Well we've been doing okay, vision impossible.
Speaker 5: You just start up the theme at any pine like.
Speaker 3: You're brushing your teeth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. We hide and behind corners from each other. I recommend it because we've been having so much fun this weekend. Then then then so if you gave it, mark out at ten the movie nine and a half.
Speaker 3: Really have you seen all the others?
Speaker 5: I missed a couple in there, spend night.
Speaker 3: Is it fifty two? He's been making him since he was one years old. He's been Ethan and now he's a bit older. But yeah, exactly, I haven't seen all of them. I saw the first couple and then I've missed the last couple. But everyone's raving about this one, saying it's the best one. That's a great action movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one of those films where you think it's finished about three times, and I'm like all right this at the end, he's caught the bad guy. Wait a second second, he's not a bad guy.
Speaker 3: There's another bad guy here the inside. The bad guy like rushing gold bad guys too much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: And now finding out that if you catch a possum in your garden, put it in the case, take it for a little drive, drop it off somewhere and go. Don't you ever come back.
Speaker 5: Around my way?
Speaker 3: You know what's good for you, possum, and then take off. They will track you down and come back.
Speaker 5: I've heard they come back to their home. Yeah, they can come back. Pats, You've got to take them real far away.
Speaker 3: Driving up the gold coat this again, I'll not be back for a couple of days. Take our little friend here for a long trip, and.
Speaker 5: Then check the bottom of your cow as you're getting back in. You might hold on the bottom all the way.
Speaker 3: You've been watching too much Mission impossible.
Speaker 5: Pam's on the line. Come on in, Pam, good morning, here are you.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good, Pama. A lovely weekend, Pam. What's your three word weekend?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness, good guy spy squirls.
Speaker 3: We don't you bump them off or something. This is your last confession.
Speaker 8: Jeddie Boy got his title, So no more spy squirrels routine.
Speaker 3: This is amazing. We spoke to you a couple of weeks ago. And if people don't really remember that, Pam, why don't you tell us about what we were talking about when he first called the show. I think, like week one, you were the one of the only listeners we had.
Speaker 9: I think, well, I.
Speaker 8: Can't remember what I said, but I said, training my dogs for heel work to music.
Speaker 5: This is it the spy the spy schools it right?
Speaker 3: Yes, still coming back now? And and so what title has your dog got? Heavyweight champion Victoria already he's.
Speaker 8: Already a champion, but he got his heel Work to Music Intermediate title.
Speaker 3: I know that he's walking around like check it out, ladies, bitches.
Speaker 8: Oh, he just thinks he's just eating a bit. He's tiled up here in a ball on the couch beside me.
Speaker 3: They spoiled his life's Work's done, isn't it now? He's got that Heillwork Intermediate title. He's made.
Speaker 8: Oh no, he still goes now we go to a bench.
Speaker 3: Now there were really starts training my so paying with spice girls gone.
Speaker 5: What is the song that he's looking at for his next title?
Speaker 8: Oh well, I don't know. I think I might do freestyle now, seeing he's a help me, we might do when the dog sits on the tucker box.
Speaker 5: Freestyle meant like you would.
Speaker 3: Like a drink one or something like that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: What I'm going to do when the dog sits on the tucker box?
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, five miles from gunder guy. It's a real old Astrayan song, right, yeah, yeah, So freestyle's districks, leg wives and spins and everything you want to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I did a leg legwist once. We've got thrown to have a nightclub. I've been drinking heat care with the old leg wis. Hey listen, Pam, it's always a joy talking to you. Okay, Oh lovely.
Speaker 8: I listened to your show every morning. So well done.
Speaker 3: I let the boss know we found the listener. Thank you very much. You know so I put all those posters up. We're trying to flush you out, Pam, Pam, thanks listen.
Speaker 1: You have ever got wait for Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three looking at the Every week when we start a brand new show on a Monday morning, I'm giving a list by the producers of prizes, the little Spot prizes that you can win and gold Class vouchers. Awesome, brilliant, And then I goes to the next line. Two times George Michael CDs Listen without Prejudice. Oh yeah, I mean that album that came out in September nineteen ninety on CD.
Speaker 5: Amazing.
Speaker 3: What was the last time I gave away a CD? That's incredible that they found two of them. Obviously someone got fired or someone over the weekend. They're clearing out of desk. Two times George Michael CD Listen without Prejudice. No, hang on, there's another one here. Three times Elton John CD diamonds.
Speaker 5: You know what they've done. They've moved the prize cupboard and they've found a couple.
Speaker 6: Of sin in the back of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, still good prices.
Speaker 3: I'm still good amazing. So during the next twenty minutes we're taking it old school. You can win CDs. Let me know which one you one as well? Do you want Listen without Prejudice? Which is a classic album on CD. I you finals big at than CD?
Speaker 5: Is that funny spot between retro and functionality at the moment?
Speaker 3: Amazing?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 3: Okay, so we got a new early morning game. It is so new we don't even have a title for it. His how it works, though, You listen to the sound effects. The sound effects give you a clue to a song title demo round this What do it compats?
Speaker 6: Oh? Is that a Oh? Is it a Michael Jackson? What are you laughing at?
Speaker 5: Achy? Breaking? Hurt? Huh heartbreak? Nope?
Speaker 6: Title eclipse of the Heart?
Speaker 3: No, how do you hear?
Speaker 5: How do you hear? The clips?
Speaker 3: Clips?
Speaker 6: I'm just kissing?
Speaker 5: One of the clips is part no idea?
Speaker 3: That's it? In the corner winner, you have one a CD? No, no, no, no, not for you my friends.
Speaker 5: All right, so that's the demo one.
Speaker 3: That's how it works. Here is the one for you to play? Now? All right, you're gonna work out what this one is here? Okay, I reckon, that's too easy.
Speaker 6: It sounds like feeding time at our kitchen.
Speaker 3: We didn't record it. Round the parts actually Saturday night midnight? All right, give us a call. Then, what's the song from these clues? Yeah? You could be owning a CD in five minutes time nine four one one oh four three. Fox can't top that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: On Friday show, I gave out my mobile number and you've been calling over the weekend. I've been talking to you. You've been leaving voice messages. I'll play a load of those back after seven o'clock. But obviously people are texting me. Now where is this radio station? Hit one of five point five? Where is that hit one of four?
Speaker 6: It's up in Queensland, isn't it? It's a Queensline price.
Speaker 3: So it's just text me going middle of my radio show on hit one four five point five? Can we get you on.
Speaker 5: What have I opened up? Now? You can do a two minute interview during a stag.
Speaker 3: At the Hands or during Pats' News, then give away some prizes and what prizes have we got?
Speaker 5: View Melbourne? This is why I hit one oh.
Speaker 3: Five point five won me. On the Big Dog, we have George Michael CDs Listen Without Prejudice came out nineteen ninety and Elton John Diamonds. I'm not Sureking this is on my price sheet this week Week ten, they're running out of money for the show. Make a note of it now, future radio historians update the Wikipedia page. Week ten is when they slapped, when they just slashed all the funding for the show. Just give them CD we get to choose their album or oh yeah, that's the winner's right. Okay, let's play the game. We don't even have a title for yet.
Speaker 5: I've scribbled down some titles in the song, mate, thank you. I thought sound charades. Maybe sound charades. No, it sounds awful. That's an awful parlor games, daddy, daddy?
Speaker 3: Can we play sound charades?
Speaker 5: It wasn't my worst though. I had sound affection because the sound effects.
Speaker 6: That's better.
Speaker 5: And Christian sound bag.
Speaker 3: What it is. Then you listen to the sound effects. The sound effects give you a song title. Here it is Coffs Harbor. That's where hit one oh five point five is Coughs Harbor, Home of the Big Banana?
Speaker 5: Is it really?
Speaker 3: Yes? If you reckon that's the radio station strap line as well. All right, then let's go.
Speaker 5: Ray, Good morning, Ray, good day, Chriss.
Speaker 9: How are you I?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good.
Speaker 5: Ray.
Speaker 3: How was your weekend?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Looking after kids?
Speaker 5: And you know what, have they got some sort of bug? Yeah? A ray?
Speaker 3: Well, listen, Ray, what do you think the song is?
Speaker 9: Well, be Welcome to the Jungle by Guns not the right answer.
Speaker 3: I've got to here, sorry, my friend, those seat Yeah, I know, I know. It's it's devastating. You're finally not going to win a free CD in the year two thy eighteen, Chris, good morning, good morning, Good morning Chris. And what do you think the song is?
Speaker 9: The Lion sleeps Tonight? I think it's the title of the song.
Speaker 5: After yep, you give.
Speaker 3: Chris, it's not that tough luck, buddy, it's not that. Let's take one more guest, Jeffrey, come on in, Jeff, Chris here you I'm pretty good. Jeff, I hope you well. Thanks for call on the show mate. And what do you think the song is?
Speaker 7: Total Africa?
Speaker 3: Jeff, you are a CD winner? What do you fancy? You can either have George Michael or Elton John?
Speaker 9: Which which one was the most recent?
Speaker 3: Neither?
Speaker 9: When I say most race and I know that you mentioned that one of them was saying ninety is Elton John's before or after that?
Speaker 3: It's at best of Elton?
Speaker 9: Yeah, sure, give me out and John Man, okay, you can You've.
Speaker 3: Won a c D of Elton John's great. This is it's diamonds. This is incredible flick around. I mean, many stations are giving away various cash prizes, but who else is giving away CDs in the year twenty eighteen.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 3: More of that this week? All right, then I'm making it harder. That was too easy that one and even harder one is back tomorrow in the game that has no name. Coming up after seven o'clock. Then we are live from my phone. You can hear some of the messages that were left from you over the weekend on my phone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three to the.
Speaker 3: Next hour the show. Then we'll cash up with Hamish McLachlin about the weekend's foote and the phrase that pays. If you remember on Friday's show the phrase that pays change suddenly in the last half an hour of the show, just because we've got an email that we like the phrase that they gave even more. Guy called Stewart emailed me with weight Did I just hear a weasel? And that is the phrase that Hamish had to work in Friday Night too on TV, so we play about the tape to the next half an hour with Hamish before that. Then on Friday Show, Busy Show. There was a lot going on Friday Show, and I gave out my mobile number and a lot of you thought he's not going to be picking up and taking calls over the weekend. But as some of you were maybe listening right now, I did speak to you over the weekend and at times my wife is getting huge irritated. Friday Night had a big chat one thing called Steve. Whilst I was supposed to put away the shopping yesterday, I was doing my dinner and I was chatting taking calls. It's like I was running a focus group and a secret radio show over the weekend. But the really big thing I did is I grouped together about one hundred and fifty of you from not just here in Melbourne, and there's some people in Brisbane, some people in Sydney listen to the show. We've got people in Europe, Karen in Luxembourg. There's an Irish guy in Dublin as well, so it's a kind of international thing. There's still room in my WhatsApp group for about another one hundred and thirty of you. I think I found out that the cap is about two hundred and fifty six. It's a really odd, precise number like that in a WhatsApp group. Some of you don't know how WhatsApp works. I'm talking to you on text. I'm talking to Dan, who's up a crane right now, down by the crown. We can call him you nextself. Now, if he's not lifting something, he said he'd take us cool, So I understand why. If he's even in between lifts, he's happy to chat to us. But if he's lifting something he can't pick up, we understand the it's safety. So do you want to hear some of these messages I got over the weekend?
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: All right, then, so similar ones. I'm going to give up my phone number in a minute because some of you might want to join the WhatsApp group. But anyway, let's play back some of these.
Speaker 11: Well, guys, hope you all had a fantastic.
Speaker 3: This guy's voice, who's this Irish lothario listens? He should be we should he should be on air or voiceover man.
Speaker 11: Well, guys, hope you all had a fantastic weekend. My three word weekend would have to be chats with Christian.
Speaker 3: Yep, he went a bit back and forth over the weekend. My Irish friend there in Dublin. My three word weekend is hangover.
Speaker 12: Hell, let's just say it was my thirtieth birthday over the weekend and I think a few too mini drinks will had today.
Speaker 6: He's not so great.
Speaker 3: I love the phrase let's just say, let's just say a few two He knows on trout too many drinks we had.
Speaker 6: Hi there, my name is Angie.
Speaker 11: I'm from Forest Hill and I'm a born again Christian.
Speaker 13: My weekend in three words Puffs Farmers dentist.
Speaker 6: I went to see the Puffs musical on Friday night.
Speaker 5: If you're a leading you absolutely love this.
Speaker 3: Just take a Harry Potter.
Speaker 13: We laughed so hard our cheeks were so sore from the entire performance.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connall Breakfast Show.
Speaker 6: Has it been fired Offlins?
Speaker 3: Boy George has started? Then the ad started and stops? What's going on this apparent of the Christian.
Speaker 5: O'connall Breakfast Show. Let's see what's going on? I tell you this place is haunted that has heard Timmy recently? Is he back?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 3: Perhaps? Is not you again? You're not nudging anything, doing your nails or anything? And there are you will come on. We've had this.
Speaker 6: Before with you touching a thing.
Speaker 3: I promise, all right, some more messages. I left one saying that I was doing a pooh pick in the garden. Is there anything anyone doing anything? Duller over the weekend? Then picking that up?
Speaker 7: Hi, Christian, I'm currently in Frankston Bayside shopping center.
Speaker 5: Food called eating ships.
Speaker 7: I'd rather be picking up dogs in my garden because they taste dreadful.
Speaker 3: This guy was a kid's party having a tough time.
Speaker 5: Two hundred from only do you know what this is?
Speaker 12: That?
Speaker 3: The answer desperately played? This has played the asuay workout what is actually going on?
Speaker 6: Running around?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: You can let us know what happened to you over the weekend your three word weekend on nine four one four one oh four three Pats what's it for you?
Speaker 6: Liz shop horrors?
Speaker 3: What happened then? Autry? Not well over the weekend?
Speaker 6: No nuts?
Speaker 13: We had you know, I'm not sure if you're aware of the Coal's promotion of the miniature shop products that you can collect.
Speaker 6: They call it little Shop.
Speaker 13: Anyway, they had a big swapping day on Saturday where you could go just at various stores.
Speaker 5: And plain what they had to like a miniature version of all the.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like dishwasher table.
Speaker 3: And I was at Coal's doing the shop and at the weekend, and I took my carrier bags there and it was not a Coal's carrier bag. I had four carry bags from Woolworths. And when I handed them to the woman, she looked at me, like, I do it this once, but I don't like it.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 3: We're saving the planet. Let's not fall out in the whole civil war going on right now between Woolworts and goals. Caught up in use the bags.
Speaker 13: Well, anyway, you spend thirty bucks and you get one of these little miniature things and we've got all.
Speaker 3: Of it, of anything. I spent over one hundred bucks in there. Yeah.
Speaker 13: No, you've got to ask for them, or they should say to you, are you collecting the little Shop minis?
Speaker 6: And you say yes, please.
Speaker 3: A little kind of miniature cold you get. Yeah, I've got the deli, I've got the car park, got the board looking supervisor pick in his ass, I've got the man with the Wolway's bag.
Speaker 6: You can collect.
Speaker 13: They've come up with like a big cardboard shop front that the kids can play shops in and you can buy the basket if you are lucky enough to find them.
Speaker 6: And these miniatures, so he's one.
Speaker 3: Exciting time to be like, get off your apps and play with your miniature supermarkets.
Speaker 6: Well, it is better than being on the screen, isn't it. Anyway?
Speaker 5: So I was fortnight.
Speaker 3: I've got another for us.
Speaker 6: I was like a Wall Street trader on Saturday at this swap meet. I tell you what.
Speaker 13: One lady, one grandma was collecting for about three or four kids and offered, I'm not kidding you offered us fifty bucks for our Oaks chocolate milk and our natilla, which are really rare, fifty fifty bucks. She was desperate, she said, I've.
Speaker 3: Got down to getting involved.
Speaker 5: It is crazy, are you added? Cole sore? You at like the exhibition center?
Speaker 13: No no, it was outside our local Coals supermarket.
Speaker 3: Out on the streets, deealing.
Speaker 13: No, no, no, in the plaza and the line was I'm not getting right back into the car park.
Speaker 5: So did you get any rarities or no?
Speaker 6: But she's got twenty nine of the thirty. We just need one.
Speaker 3: What's the one you're missing?
Speaker 13: Someone might be listening to potato gems. We need the potato JEMs.
Speaker 3: This is great, Pats. I love working with you. So if anyone has the.
Speaker 13: What is it the potato Yeah, the potato gems, right, okay, potato gems.
Speaker 3: By the way, when I was in at the weekend, they had they had a lot of potatoes. I didn't know this was a thing that you can buy a pack of potatoes called low car potatoes. How are they making them low carb? They're sputs step in the ground. How they did carving them? How did you do that to a potato? So, anyway, you need the miniature potato.
Speaker 13: Gems and I've got I think we've got a milo and something else I can swap for it.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't you worry. I've got some prizes. Okay, you know they flow me ten thousand miles for the jobs. They've given me some really big prizes. I've got George Michael CD from nineteen ninety and Elton John's greatest hits, both of those on CD.
Speaker 6: Did you give away the Elton John are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't worry, I've got I've got another one number one yeah, yeah, nine four one four, one oh four three. We are open and ready to trade.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Yazoo only you Christian O'Connor Readfast Show from of Sades Benz Waverley, Yeah Loo, could us get all fantasy? Week nine of the show Mercedes Benz had the New Kid in Town has given away CDs from September nineteen ninety and they were like, we want in Pats. Yes, you're gonna love this. Have you seen the phone lines? They are jammed?
Speaker 6: Jim, Yes, I love it.
Speaker 3: Let's take some calls. You've got people calling in right now. Are into this stuff? This is big Pina? Yes, Hello Pino, good morning, you live on God one oh four point three. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, thank you so much, Thank.
Speaker 5: You very much.
Speaker 3: The show that's giving away CDs right now. Listen, have you got some of these little miniature things then? For your kids that Cole's are doing well.
Speaker 14: I'm collecting small little grandson. VINNI yep, and yeah, I was just listening. And I have got the potato jeens, oh, the Trina and oh yeah I need the milo.
Speaker 3: Ah perfect, So you two okay to do a swap.
Speaker 6: We can do a black market trade.
Speaker 14: Yeah, oh, I mean for that.
Speaker 3: Okay, right well listen, Peena, you stay there so we can get your details so you can do the swap. And then as Audrey then completed this holy growl.
Speaker 6: Now yeah we thirty thank god.
Speaker 14: Oh yes, fantastic. Yeah, I still need a few other things.
Speaker 3: Hang on a minute, what do you need, Peina.
Speaker 14: I have to go inside and hello, law coming up.
Speaker 3: Because we've got a load of people calling in right now. Help you out.
Speaker 5: This is great, yeah, I know, he kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Now this is the cost of one uncle.
Speaker 13: We make dreams come true here. Well, yeah, we've got the shop, but I didn't. They didn't make enough baskets or aprons and stuff, so we missed out on that.
Speaker 6: But that's okay.
Speaker 13: And the trolley they made a little trolley as well. Did you get the trolley, Peanut?
Speaker 3: You got that one?
Speaker 5: Peena?
Speaker 6: No, no, they didn't make enough.
Speaker 3: Nice nice full of regrets. Sometimes isn't it. It is tough, tough and peanut. Any news on what's outstanding? What do you need for your grandkid?
Speaker 14: Okay, I need the Lipton tea, lipt and tea.
Speaker 3: Hang on, chuck. Pauline on the line in Becconsfield. So she's got the Lipton t Let's put Pauline online too, please produce it, right, Pauline, h, have you got the Lipton tea?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 3: All right? Sorry, all right, there's try zoe Brad put zoey zoey? Yeah? Have you got the Lipton tea?
Speaker 10: No, I've.
Speaker 3: Well we were up with those of the moment. Thanks anyway, soe h, all right, well let us try moo moo moo.
Speaker 5: M J.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hello, sorry, thought name was mood. They haven't got my glasses off, I'm sorry, MJ. Have you got the Lipton tea?
Speaker 2: I don't have rippin tea?
Speaker 3: Sorry, but I do have potato Jim, I do have and I need to tell her.
Speaker 6: Oh yeaha teller's hard to get that took us ages.
Speaker 14: Yeah me too.
Speaker 3: All right, So if anyone okay, Pina needs the lips and tea. If you've got any of this in these little miniature coals give us a call nine four one one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian who con will Breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three on with.
Speaker 3: Us now every Monday Friday we have him. It's Hamish mcgoughlin. Welcome back to the show, buddy.
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, very well, Christian Jack. Good morning to you both.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good morning you, Haim. We've got a tiny delay again from here to your house. It sounded like you just took a big breath into.
Speaker 3: I think he does before talking to us. I don't think it's the delay. I think he's trying to mustard the energy to actually hang out with us. Oh god, these guys, Hey, listen before we get into the phrase. The pace we've got to talk about Alex Johnson, I mean our poor kids we were talking about is two weeks ago when he finally gets to play again. And is this true that he's on his good leg, he's done his acl.
Speaker 12: It's hard to believe, is in it? So we spoke last week. He was two than one hundred and thirty five days between game forty five and forty six, and game forty six was a win against Collingwood last week kept their season alive and he came down to the MCG and the last time he was at the MCG, he played in the twenty twelve Grand finally had the last kick of the day. He was victorious. That was game forty five, and yesterday he didn't even last a quarter. It was an eerie day yesterday. So the day started with the Pink Lady and the fifteen thousand men, incredible children out on the g in their support of those that suffer breast catching, and it's a fabulous day. But the human side of sport was really on show. I mean, football can give and sport can give fabulous moments, and it can give you memories that go into your mind that will never fade. But yesterday was one of the more surreal ten minutes I think I've ever experienced in sport. It happened innocuously, as you say, his good knee failed underneath him, the knee that he's had twelve operations on was strong, and the whole of the MCG for about ten or fifteen minutes just held their breath. I think everyone knew instantly what had happened to the young man. He's only twenty six seven early next year, but I think everyone has been riding his journey, and in the last week or so everyone's been reminded of his journey. And then yesterday the only free tow AAR game on TV, a Top eight clash two sides desperate to win their thirteenth match. Everything seems so insignificant as a young man perhaps walked off a football ground for the first time and as a testament to his character, and John Longmai said it during the week. Unless you're unbelievably talented, talent and dedicated and popular, you just don't stay around a football club for six years without playing. But at quart a time, instead of sitting on the bench in agony and in tears or going down into the rooms, he went out to every one of his teammates and saw the carriage like an assistant coach. So it was just phenomenal. As I said, this mom trying to put football in perspective.
Speaker 3: His mum was trying to give him a few words and console him like you would do as a parent, And I felt sorry for like, what can she say to this poor kid that she hasn't already said to keep his spirit strong, because if it's an acl that's a kind of like nine months to twelve months road to recovery is agonizing. It's horrible.
Speaker 12: Yes, So his parents were there and they said we'll be you know, every game from now on. And his mother there was some fabulous scenes that our cameraman picked up. But she was talking over from where she was able to walk over a rail down to him sitting on the bench, and it was heartbreaking scenes. There was a mother, you know, just looking on as a mother, as a friend, which it's just consoling as she's done for twenty six years, looking after the one that she produced and just hoping that she could take him to a better place. And you know, it's going to be an interesting week this week for he and the family. Do you go again? Mentally a strong enough to go again? And is it the right thing to do? Fingers crusted. I mean, what we do know is as mentally as strong as any football that we've seen in a long long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Oh listen, well, sir buddy.
Speaker 3: What we do is we'll come back after this song and we played about the tape from Friday Night Footy and the Phraser pay stay with U.
Speaker 5: Samus mcgochlin, The Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hamous mcglochlin has back with us Hamish. Then on Friday was a last minute change of the phraser pays that you needed to work into the comment Shiel on Friday night.
Speaker 9: Can I just say when you rang me and it said Christiano, come on the bow bowl, I was walking into a meeting, I would normally answer the sign very differently with you, and it wouldn't be suitable for air. I think the best thing going forward is give me a bit of a hedge up. Because I hung up and I was walking into a meeting with it. I can't tell you how close I was to being stacked from every job I have.
Speaker 3: Well, why would you pick up the phone to me? Were using terrible language?
Speaker 9: Well, you and I both know that I have a potty mouth, and I do have the ability just to try and lighten and move on. And I was close to doing it on Friday, and I was just this personally. I got home. It was as close as I've ever been to dropping words.
Speaker 3: To an amazing moment that would have been.
Speaker 9: Hell text going forward.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, all right, So listen. It was the last minute one. I called you live on edge just after nine o'clock, about an hour and a half after we agreed it, and because I got a great email from listener Dave. Listen to Dave said, I know it's a bit late, but what about this? Did anyone just hear a weasel?
Speaker 9: Because too much easier than peace, web and mung beans, which was an email addressed in our family.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I listened as old hot mail email address peace, love and mung beans is.
Speaker 5: What it was going to be.
Speaker 3: Then when when I get an email like this, you know, did anyone just hear a weasel? I have to change tack. We had no choice but to change tack. And so before we play back, what happened? Do you want to set this up? Because it hearing it today, it feels like it's some kind of sketch comedy going on with other players and you.
Speaker 9: So I will every Friday night.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 9: It's funny how it's changed over the last eight week every Friday night from Snake ofany Brian Taylor, kamer Ling, Wayne Kerry. They also the price to become a bit of a thing. I said, this is tricky tonight. Did anyone just hear a weasel and it was sort of godob Well, everyone just walked out of the room, almost saying, oh this is this is the end of it for him. But Tara Karen, who looked after the two youngsters, Adam Cooney and Campbell into do an extording job called the Antlers. But I always do close to me after the sirens, and Adam Colney said, I'll say, you're going here, I'm going to make some weasel noise. You're not allowed to be involved. No one's allowed to be involved. He said. If I don't do it, you won't be able to get it anywhere. All you'll get on Monday and wrap over the knuckles from Crispin's black But at least you've got it in pussy. Well might have to happen like that. I hope I can get it in before the creating you guys. Anyway, I was at a blank all night and he sort of made some noises that helped out.
Speaker 3: All right, just play it back now, let's hear this so we'll be discussing how many weeks after for him.
Speaker 5: We'll see you soon.
Speaker 15: You just hear a weasel said, like Adam Finney slash a weasel? Can he picksure a very type operation.
Speaker 5: Can we hear it again? So that's Adam Cooney making that squeaky noise of the stuff.
Speaker 9: That's a Brownlow medalists making weasel noises on national television. A couple of minutes after the sim.
Speaker 3: O the ways, well, he thought a weasel will probably just sound a bit like a mouse, so let's play this back.
Speaker 5: It's great work. So we'll be discussing how many weeks after for him.
Speaker 3: We'll see you soon and.
Speaker 5: Just hear a weasel.
Speaker 15: Pretend like Adam Kinney slash a weasel. Guinea pigs are a crent type operation.
Speaker 3: I mean nothing but several hats off, several hats on. I'm sorry, but you did that again, Champagne Commentarry, you did it with style. Listen wherever it gets some hard outbreak here mate, listen, hey mish, we catch up with Friday. Thank you very much. It's great work.
Speaker 1: I take care out the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So Saturday afternoon, a day I'll always remember. My wife said the dreaded phrase, listen needs you to come with me. We need to go away and do some home furnishing shopping, and I immediately went, oh no, no, of course, so listen, whatever you want to get is great. I don't really have an opinion on that kind of stuff, you know that. And it turns out me saying I don't have an opinion is not an option. I try to opt out pats as she was like no, because I know what happened is if you don't like it, you'll soon have an opinion. Then did so get in the car you're coming. I'm as a good kid, I said, oh no, please, So again the couch l shaped couch and the otso one that one the easy bit went to a place called Focus. There's a lovely lady there that looked afters called Annie. Turns out my wife had to look around there a couple of weeks ago and they lent her a tape measure that she forgot to return. They almost called the show last week to say can you tell your why to bring about the tape measure when you should have called it been amazing And then my wife spies And it was one of these places that was off the Appean Highway where there's about eight or nine other kind of home.
Speaker 5: Furnishings the hell holes.
Speaker 3: Yes, my wife spots an archway and she goes, this was ten to fifty minutes. That's it. We sort of the couch, get out of it. I'm not the sas in out people. I'm here. And then she goes, she goes to lady, Oh, what's that they do? They do bed sheets. I'm like, oh god, oh god.
Speaker 6: It's like the secret Guard.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm possible. You keep thinking it's finished, and then it hasn't finished yet, and I.
Speaker 3: Wish I did. I got a tattoo of the way out so I could I try and escape. But now I get dragged into.
Speaker 5: The bed sheets. And it's a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: I'm realizing these aren't even for our bed, They're for the spare bed. And I said, just buy them online. Why are we worrying about the spare beds for guests? You don't want too much comfort the guest or the way. I just stick around. Then she goes to the lady, you won't believe my husband, did you know? While she was aware, I had to buy a spare bed. And then I got the cheapest bed than I could find for a guest. Fifty bucks got me the pillowcases, the duvet cover and the bed sheet. My wife goes to this lady. My husband, I'm sure you'd agree with me. He bought some bed linen.
Speaker 5: It was very cheap.
Speaker 3: It's like a sack, a sack. And the bed sheet was black. And the lady went to me, Oh, dear, no, is that no?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 3: But I thought black was fine.
Speaker 6: It shows up stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh, I see it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see if someone had a cold or something. Yes, anyway, well guests aren't doing that in the spare bed and someone else's houseband anyway. What are thread counts? Yes, three hundred?
Speaker 5: I think what's five hundred?
Speaker 3: That's how we meant to know this stuff, right, I must have missed that lesson at school when they covered all right.
Speaker 5: I know, I know. He said, yesterday we're going to do periodic table.
Speaker 3: Where's her collar? By the way, it's not intoday. Someone else giving these notes because we're going to talk about thread counts, and he's gonna need this one day. I said, I don't know what we're looking at. Why is Egyptian better than what's bamboo? Why the bamboo people got involved all of a sudden?
Speaker 5: Is it good?
Speaker 3: It's bamboo better? Than Egyptian. It's five hundred too much. And then I see one that's a thousand thread coat?
Speaker 6: Yes, perfect?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Someone else there, another woman tells me she went sorry, don't get a thousand. It's too hot. It's too hot on the summer. It feels so heavy. I can't handle. My balls are shrinking. I need to get out of er. If we were in there an hour, just fine, stuff the spare them. I don't care about any of this, and if you want to come along the stupid trip, please make an end.
Speaker 5: So what three care did you go for in the five hundred?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 3: Middle that one of them actually said on the packet Old's most comfortable bed sheets. Now I'm a bit naive. I think is that an official title? Can they say that? I haven't they been a competition that we didn't know about. Why wasn't it on Pats's News where they had like a runner up? This is officially the search is over. These are the world's most comfortable bed sheets.
Speaker 6: But they'll last like twenty years instead of two.
Speaker 3: You see, I don't even know if I'm gonna last twenty years.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Y so on Friday show. Maybe it was the Friday Fan. I don't know. I gave out my mobile number and over the weekend a lot of you called it. I didn't realize that the radio station used as the trailer of the weekend, which goes every couple of hours, that bit of me giving up the number, So that was pretty good. It'll be two hours to be a freshload of people just wondering is he going to pick up? And I spoke to quite a lot of you over the weekend. There was an overly chat I had with the family yesterday on the way to take their dead out for a birthday lunch. There was Steve I vote to Friday night when I was putting away the shopping, and then I set up a WhatsApp group with about one hundred fifty of you in it. There's still another space for about one hundred and thirty more. So this is my number four eight seven nine to eight four double two. The WhatsApp group from one of the most exciting things I've done in a long term. On the radio, I was chatting to people. I can leave a little voice note and it goes out to every one hundred and fifty people in the group. I get these lovely messages like this, back we are Christian.
Speaker 13: You thought all of your listeners were middle aged, and it says definitely a few of his twenty year olds out here. I'm twenty four, absolutely loving the fun and energy you've brought to Gold.
Speaker 6: You should come to the Melbourne game on Sunday and I'll shout you a beer and vouch you actually came to a game.
Speaker 3: Car on the d's Well, I'll tell you what. I appreciate you going on my behalf. They didn't work out very well. They fizzled out, and then I I even left the little message this morning for everyone at Court to five saying good morning. I was getting ready to go into the show, enjoying my penpent tea and now you found a new way to abuse me.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Christian, Jonathan King's Park. Just letting you know, mate, that I was up at three o'clock this morning. I was drinking coffee, not peppermint tea. Off the work mate.
Speaker 3: So I'm on the run, so I'll tune in and hear you in And then I got this one.
Speaker 10: My name is Anthony Gimsey.
Speaker 3: I living dining on Melbourne.
Speaker 5: I work at AK and have removal us.
Speaker 10: You do the best job on the Gold one oh four three, make me crack up. I haven't got my boss at the getting him to change the radio station to your station so I can listen to you and laugh while walking around the yard thanking up all the cars. Give up the good work, and yeah, I hope I hear my name on the radio station and then have a good one.
Speaker 3: That's great, Anthony, thank you very much. And I ended up calling him back. He works at Dale's Cayyards, and do you know what we need to do something where we give away people a prize who get their boss or their workplace to retune the radio from what other substandard, crappy little station he listened to until we started. And because they need they need to be rewarded for doing that what he's done there on getting his boss there Anthony at Dall's. We need to give him some sort of prize.
Speaker 5: Well, what prizes have we got this week?
Speaker 3: CDs? We're not joking. I've come back in this week for week nine on the news show. We've got CDs. All right, So if you want to be part of the WhatsApp group oh four eight seven O nine eight for Double two.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: A lot of you have started to call the number. This is my number four eight seven nine eight four Double two over the weekend and I formed this WhatsApp group and there's a one hundred and fifty hundred and fifty two of you at the moment I can get it up apparently to two hundred and something. And then WhatsApp has an official limit on people who can have in a group and obvious leaving messages for the group saying if you want to you can call up Sollo let me know your three word weekend. Even got someone over in Island with this amazing voice.
Speaker 11: Well, guys, hope you all had a fantastic weekend. My three word weekend would have to be chats with Christian Pipper sounds posh.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 16: My name is Pipper, I'm from Melbourne, I'm a born again Christian. Thank you, and my weekend started out as the drunk Cooking Saturday but ended up as crazy cat Stalker. I'm hoping I don't get a repeat tonight.
Speaker 5: Now is this born again Christian thing. Is that a coincidence or have you asked them to say that?
Speaker 3: Some of them started saying that right. And unfortunately, with those photos that are up on the website of for me and you, we did our school photus last week, it now looks like I'm new in town and I'm starting to run some sort of cult. It's bounded up with the photos and now people said that they're born again Christians. Let's got back some all these messages you left over the weekend.
Speaker 11: Well, guys, hope you all had a fantastic again.
Speaker 5: Hey Christian Sir Chris here and Lynn in Mardi Alic.
Speaker 17: My wife won't speak at the same time as me because she said it's too sad if both of us speak.
Speaker 5: Weekend is red Wine.
Speaker 17: Sunday, so it's quarters and nine Sunday night. I've got to be up at five am on Monday morning, so I'll be tuning into you. And all weekend has been good, so have a good week.
Speaker 3: Tell you what the sort of drinking going on with our listens and wet Every other message is about a hell of an other boost be honest.
Speaker 5: Here's the WhatsApp group or the group text started to feel like spam yet, because we've got a group text amongst the team who works on the radio station, which is only seven or eight people, and sometimes I don't even read them all because it just builds up over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh but it's actually team members excitedly working on a new adventure together. I've noticed how you kind of opt in and out. It is actually work stuff being discussed. Anyway, let's go back to people that actually want to be on a group. I am doing the lawn on this this guy, it should not be operating heavy machinery, let alone. And all I am doing the lawns on this wet afternoon. Keep back, have a bit of a bourbon, and another one bourbon and alrmow. Hi.
Speaker 2: This is Locklan from Alternamadows and I'm a born again Christian.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Hang on, Josh, Hi, this is Janine and I'm a born again Christian.
Speaker 12: I'm from Melbourne, Gisbyn.
Speaker 3: Love the show guys, all right, So if you want to get involved in a group before I have to cut you all off, it's O for eight seven nine eight four double two.
Speaker 5: Let the record show that Christian told me to be quiet while they played a listener calling themselves a born again Christian, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Just coming here, moving out here, it's kind of like a reset button on your life. You sort of think about, oh, you know, I'm going to do some new things. It's a different lifestyle out here, looking forward to the summer, getting them outdoors more than you do in our previous life back in the UK. One thing, I'm definitely I want to learn a new skill, okay, And I'm thinking about learning the guitar. How hard is it to go from raw novice? It doesn't even understand sheet music or even thread countsl on sheets. Is it possible?
Speaker 5: Well, have you ever played another instrument, even keyboard or recorder in school?
Speaker 3: Tried to record a awful noise, terrible instrument, instrument of torture, instrument of terror?
Speaker 5: I think I personally don't think guitar's the easiest one to start with. Maybe piano or keyboard. But you can play the guitar, right yeah? Oh, I mean, what do you think?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 3: Every Friday it's more or less the same song, Chug chug chack repeats the week.
Speaker 5: Well, you just said goodbye to your lessons words. All right.
Speaker 3: So last week we all had our high school photos taken again, and I thought, rather than get the people who working very hard and do take great photos, Tommy who works on the show, I wanted to somebody who does this for a living, and so National Photography came in did it and it was effortless.
Speaker 5: It was great fun.
Speaker 3: They turned up with that sky blue backdrop that you all remember from the horror of your high school photos. We all got into. We bought the school uniforms, v neick jumpers, white shirts, ties, and so it was such a lo off. The whole radio station got involved in it. I thought this would be great to give away to a company or a business, and it doesn't be a big one. It might be a couple of you if you'd like to win this price basically what we did. It's been the biggest thing since we started to show nine weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Online.
Speaker 3: People are still looking at the photos, still taking the bicki out of us, mainly me and my wide eyed pscho. Look. I don't know why she didn't say, hey, listen, here's what the photo looks like. You really do want this up online? Sean bib was commenting on this all the time online. So if you go to Facebook you can see our photos OC one four fee. But you can win this price. And this is a company that does every single day. They are specialists in school and dance photography, but doing it over twenty years. You'll find out more at National Photography dot com Au. But you win the prize, you can even so you don't have to spend any money on this. We'll let you have our shirts that we WoT for half an hour. I don't think they've been washed.
Speaker 5: I want my nose over a T shirt as well, so she'ld be good to go.
Speaker 3: So you can even win these. So first of all, all we need to do is just call up, tell us about your company, tell us about your business, where you might be having your high school photo starnt. If that's so, wherever you work, called us now nine four one four one oh four three. We're going to give this place. Wait till the next ten minutes on the show nine four one oh four three, we'll go to the line's.
Speaker 1: Next the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: After nine on the show, we continue to all teena and we've got a brand new at work time waste a for you coming up about fifteen minutes time. I've got a quick question of ethics for you. Come to the right guy, Christian Ethics O'Connell. A question of ethics.
Speaker 5: I'm about to send off an email that would buy me and my wife two lots of tickets to airfares to America because b Yankee's mum, her parents live in Florida, that's where she grew up. Her mom has this acquaintance that they're real estate agents. Have made this friend. I've only ever heard two referred to as mister Ralph. Mister Ralph, how in a minute, let's all.
Speaker 3: Just slow down.
Speaker 5: This is amazing.
Speaker 3: A question of ethics, mister Ralph an acquaintance.
Speaker 5: This feels like.
Speaker 3: That's going to be relaying all this in the news soon about Jackie Boys banged up somewhere abroad and was like.
Speaker 5: Ralph. Mister Ralph for many years was a pilot at United Airlines. He gets these flights that heavily discounted. Sure, his parents have been using to flight to Melbourne and he uses sometimes to get back over to the United States. Yankees mum's emailed us and said, mister Ralph's not feeling well. He's in his eighties.
Speaker 3: Do you use that code? By the way, does it easy to get some special medication for mister Ralph and fly back with it?
Speaker 5: She wants us to buy not just one, but two lots of flights for the next two years to in case mister Ralph dies and then we don't have this cheap flight option open to us anymore.
Speaker 3: My words, I thought you were buying these tickets so mister Ralph to come over here Australia.
Speaker 5: Sorry, mister Ralph is the cheap connection.
Speaker 3: So they're cashing in on his sort of discount because he's a bit shake at the moment. He's got the sniffles and he could go any minute. Quick, get the tickets.
Speaker 5: I said, I don't know my holidays for next year. Banka doesn't know hers. She said, it doesn't matter. Just book the flights about changing him later because mister Ralph, he might be on his last legs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, mister Ralph, this is incredible.
Speaker 3: I mean, I say, go for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: You know a FA is so expensive flying over there to Florida banking I'd get five, So.
Speaker 6: Get me somewhere you're at it exact.
Speaker 3: Too, the fact cooling Now do it? We want to welcome to Goal's answer to Flight Center nine four one four one oh four three. We're setting Florida now at two hundred and fifty dollars. What a great giveaway that would be, So I'll giveaways heavily discounted flights in a new competition we called win with mister raph.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Alright, let me tell you about today? Is that work time wastter for you? Loaf off with the breakfast show while you pretend to be at work. Right now, Pats Early was talking about how big part of her weekend was hanging around Cole's trying to do black market trades with these little so are they called miniatures, the little toys.
Speaker 6: The little shop mini or just little shop minis? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And are you really going to meet up with that? Listen a penis so you can get the potato one?
Speaker 6: Who is I wouldn't mind meeting up with?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 6: Yes, I will be today. I believe there are toys?
Speaker 3: Is she going to meet up with this? They're called that.
Speaker 6: Secret talks are underway, yes, but I can't say too much.
Speaker 3: Okay, And today's at work time. Wastter is. Supermarket songs with all the supermarket chat early with Pats, Supermarket songs I've got I'll be there for you, I'll be there for.
Speaker 5: You, very good.
Speaker 3: I'm the coles Man. You can have that. Carl's free radio advert wanted bread or Alive and Rihanna with mozzarella Ella Ella He thank you, You're welcome Melbourne. What have you got then? Supermarket songs Jack.
Speaker 5: Mustang Deli God Dahn.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 5: I was thinking for ages abound Deli one.
Speaker 3: You've done the Dandy, well done.
Speaker 5: Hotel California becomes Hotel Baby Formula and bog Roller.
Speaker 3: Very good, bog Roll over Beethoven, Yeah, very good. Okay, that's what look for that in supermarket songs. You know how this works. Jack will award gold some a bronze in ten minutes time and mark them. You text them in right now. Supermarket songs to four seven five three, one oh four.
Speaker 1: Three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much to the kind hearted listeners who actually think of royal novice like me could easily learn the guitar, and like Jack, who poo poo. I believe it's the praise poo poo my intentions of learning the guitar.
Speaker 5: I'll support you if you go through it, go through with it, But I just don't like. What's the timeline? A year? So you can play a song six months? Well, by the end of this year? It in life is that by the end of this year? How about this? Yeah? This is great? You you play us a Christmas song on guitar by the end of the year.
Speaker 3: On a minute half an hour ago, you were like, don't bother, old timer, you're probably dead. You don't find me like poor old mister Ralph cashing in air. All right, So today's that word time waste. There is supermarket songs, Hello Trolley, the well known song Hello Dolly, didn't know it? Bronz Alice in Heathmont, how about boat? This guy knows this isn't a great one because he actually begins it with how about and then got a couple of questions. Mark say, how about Bohemian glad Rhapsody? I don't mind it so well, Plus it's cute Sean. These are supermarket songs by the This Morning Refunderstruck. I didn't put your name on that. One village people with natural Man had a song Man smells like Lynx Africa Alis smell Spirit Gold Alison. We've got to check out of this place. We've got to get a silver Daniel, well done, working class Ham. I need to again. I like big buns and I cannot lie. Julian Moravin silver.
Speaker 5: Paorn in the I g a gold premium, Gold premium. You didn't put your name on it.
Speaker 3: You shook me all night, long rind bacon.
Speaker 5: Not familiar with long rind bacon, Bronze.
Speaker 3: The Isle of Tiger, The Isle of the Tiger.
Speaker 5: I like that, but not that much. Silver plus this.
Speaker 3: Is as a gold because they've gone for a hold of notes song. Raw Fish is on my list. Raw Fish is on my list.
Speaker 5: I give that a bronze, didn't like it for it.
Speaker 3: The Kinks Aladi Day and Alady Nights.
Speaker 5: Don't know the song, but love the use of Eldie Silver Kinks all of the day and all the night. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Elvis Presley with love meat tenderloin chops, silver wrapped around your fish finger Silver plus the final counter Europe. It's the final counter sad notes end.
Speaker 5: On the Gold. That's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what he's got to say for Gold.
Speaker 5: Everyone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shows Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Every Wednesday for an hour, last hour the show, we do something called the Midweek Mixtape, where we picked the theme and you picked the songs. Last week, Jack, do you remember what we did?
Speaker 5: We did songs that have questions as the title.
Speaker 3: That's right, damnit, he remembered. I thought i'd throw hm under the bus there, but he did actually remember. This week, can we still fixed with songs that have a big old hoo somewhere in?
Speaker 5: I thought there wouldn't be enough to cover it, but apparently we're getting enough requests in that we've got a lasted hour's worth, all right.
Speaker 3: So it's songs that have at some point in the song a big old aerosmith. I didn't do it in quite a few songs, but if you want to let us know what songs you like in a whole playlist, this is a whole out of there nine till ten on Wednesday's break for show, songs with in the title head over to Facebook. Leave your request there o C one oh four to three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: An hour ago, Jack asked about a question of ethics over the weekend. You know, I gave my mobile number out. Someone called me and said they always try and win the ten k no repeat work day, but the line's obviously so busy. Could they now call on my number and win the money that way? I said, no, you can't start doing.
Speaker 5: That technically on the terms and conditions, probably not usually illegal, but we do need a win because we've given away two or three ten k's and we've had what we would call blood.
Speaker 3: Heights, dull art's dullhard winners.
Speaker 5: Huggy got one and it was the best winner you've ever heard. She cried, broke down. She said, Huggy, you're the best. Thank you. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Turn out. It turns out, have you heard the scandal? It's an actress. Huggy paid her to do that.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't be surprised he paid a.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand dollars to do that. Unbelievable that guy. Anyway, keep this in between now and six o'clock on Win the ten came there a beat work day. Do not call my number to.
Speaker 5: Try and win it.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connall Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We are back tomorrow morning, Tuesday morning. The show we got five topic Tuesday and the title of today's show is World's most Comfortable bed Sheets.
Speaker 5: You know what you should do, treat yourself and go and sleep in the spare bedroom tonight. Get to turn on those five breakouts.
Speaker 3: Quite right, I need to enjoy them.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connall Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three