Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Meldon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Why from Richmond Gold one four point three h D, Melbourne, Australia, broadcasting to the world.
Speaker 3: The Christians sold the lights. I wouldn't do that, oh ConL.
Speaker 4: I've named quite a few dogs.
Speaker 5: Breakfast, so I don't know what I did in the cavity once they got in there.
Speaker 3: Now, so right now, I'm talking to you from my studio that is full of birthday balloons and a giant gold happy Birthday sign that's already happening.
Speaker 5: I was already deflating the D and A and birthday A really popped something, haven't they. I think they got holes in him. Sorry, it looks at the Mexican looks a bit sad. But the gesture, I mean, the gesture is there.
Speaker 6: Can we talk about that?
Speaker 3: I love the gesture, but also hit someday. We got it met.
Speaker 5: We're opening you up into the festival that is your birthday weekend.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't this be better Monday than you're there? You've hit thirty one Monday. I'm not riding that old thirty one wave as I come into I'm surfing it. Hey, it was my birthday yesterday. But okay, there's still like a hay level of a birthday. But today's bad luck.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: If I'm not there, I'm not Sunday yet. I could die this weekend. And you feel really bad about today's show. It's your last hurrahin Oh thanks, Patsy, did you come in here and punching the D in the A and happy birthday? Still think, Patsy do, but you've got knitting needles in that big old giant handbag of yours, your tardest handbag.
Speaker 5: If we do on Monday, it's raising to do. It is deflated because it's already your birthday has already been.
Speaker 4: It's like, no, no, it's.
Speaker 3: Another Hey, it's still your birthday. It's a nice Monday thing today. It's someone's like, come on, Jack.
Speaker 7: You know what this is his attempt to have another like a second installment on Monday.
Speaker 5: As I'm going to murder double birthday. It's a cake today. There's cake today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, didn't you lead with the cake instead of the deflated balloons? Deflated balloons? Patsy?
Speaker 6: How are you this morning?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Right?
Speaker 5: It's Friday?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What are you doing this weekend.
Speaker 7: Not much this weekend last swimming and dance for end of term, when if.
Speaker 6: They're relieved you've got two weeks off.
Speaker 4: That so excited.
Speaker 3: I tonight am off to see Go D's the MCG tonight with English friend who's over at the moment. So it's coming on a blind leading the blind And as I try and explain the game, I barely understand to a guy who's never seen it before, but he's so excited we're going to the MCGM, taking him tonight on a Friday night. Also, listen to the news yesterday evening and they were talking about the game. They're going, it's a muss wing game. He's two shoes teams, and I was going, yeah it is. It's a must wing game for us two hue teams. And they was saying, even if the D's win tonight, we've only beaten the second worst team on the ladder. I think they're both. They're at the bottom, aren't they, jeez, and the Bombers we are down the bottom.
Speaker 5: But it's a mus win then for shame whoever loses tonight. And I've got my fingers, but I've got a bad feeling about the bombers. It's just so that you don't have to be the team whit out and out the worst.
Speaker 6: Do you know what I feel really bad about tonight?
Speaker 3: I really genuinely want the DES to win for a couple of reasons. Right, what Andy Lee Right has got in my head? He sent me a text two days ago that he's worked out he thinks I am the kiss of Death to the Des. That's when I started supporting them at the end of June. You know, they made it to the finals and I'm still supporting them. I am not the kiss of Death. However, if they don't win this this weekend, I'm going to start to win that maybe I am. It's my fault. I'm the kiss of Death.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a man who's been a kiss of death and carden for the last ten years. He's been struggling through bottom position, but.
Speaker 3: He's sending me emojis with a skull and a kiss. All I could send back was a clover, the four leaf clover. But it doesn't really work. Jack. What's going on with you?
Speaker 6: Where have you got?
Speaker 3: Big weekend?
Speaker 5: I've got a how to host a murder mystery party tomorrow night, and I have just been served the documents that I must reach.
Speaker 3: Sort of printing them off on the princess like a script homework. Right, We'll getting to that next good on it's the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three, Big show today. Then Shane Crawford also a Man Friday, talk about this weekend's other games as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Meld one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So Jack's off to one of these murder mystery nights where some will host it and the people hosting it they always put quite a lot of effort into it, don't There's a lot of they want people to play along and get involved.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean they've got some live they've got a professional murder mystery kit. So I've been sent my booklet. Yes, I'm your character is Bruce Skippy Johnson. So I've got a costume suggestion which is essentially.
Speaker 3: Like a mobster's outfit.
Speaker 5: No, I'm an Australian character. I think this is a UK murder mystery kit, so it would be funny to be an Australian character. I'm essentially the crocodile hunter, khaki safari shirt and shorts walking bo it's in a good ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys love dressing up like that exactly how the rest of think you are? Is it a cliche night? Will you be saying truth every other word?
Speaker 5: So then I've got as well as going against you if you're the murderer. It doesn't tell you if you're the murderer. I think even if it's got a section that says, if you are the murderer, this read your confession, I think nobody knows if they're the murder or not, or they.
Speaker 3: Have to because then you get cross examined. Otherwise, how are they gonna YEA a good point.
Speaker 5: I think maybe you get to find out if you're the murder on the night, But what I.
Speaker 3: Do you hand? It wouldn't it when do you know a year later? Hey, when that night we had last year it was you Dave. It's not like a JFK assassination was its open ended for decades of speculation.
Speaker 5: Well guys, thanks for coming. Sorry we didn't find the murderer.
Speaker 6: Have you ever been to one of these pats?
Speaker 4: I'd love to go to one though.
Speaker 3: Actually Sarah and I were got invite to one about fifteen years ago. And the people hosting it were a bit. They were really keen. They put a lot of effort into it, and we all had to dress up. We told our characters in advance, and then come the night, I got there and I got an open envelope and I was the murderer. And then I started, you know, it's Friday. I had a couple of drinks, a couple of drinks more. Suddenly like one in the morning, and I've actually forgotten that I'm the murderer. And then the game has taken too long. People are getting irritated. Now people want to go home, but it just doesn't make sense. So you said you weren't in the drawing room the chin to come, and I went, oh god, no, no, no, I am the murderer. And people got so irritated. Even my wife was arguing with me on the way. How could you forget you were the murder You must have done it on purpose. You ruined the game. We never got invited around those people's home ever again. We sort of, and then we ever saw them again. So please, if you are the murderer, make a note if it's you.
Speaker 5: Okay, That's what I'm worried about. It's too daunting. There's too much homework. I have to learn ten statements, the fact about where I was and who I knew were in other rooms. This drawing room must be a popular location because.
Speaker 3: It is where it all happens in these ancient old downton Abbey Murmurent of Mystery Ones.
Speaker 5: I went for a walk in the garden at nine pm and then I came back to join the other guests in the drawing room.
Speaker 3: Yep. See, they need to make it relevant for Australia, and it's happened around the barbie or by the reno.
Speaker 1: The First and O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Just having a quick look through all the texts that have come in since. So we left the show yesterday to Whippie and Gav and someone actually abusing on the text here Whippy because misunderstanding about daylight savings time.
Speaker 5: Poor Whippy. He's on his way out. He's only got a few weeks left at the station.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's heading off to I thought it was a joke at first when they said he's gonna run a radio station called the Big Tomato, and I wasn't no really, what is it called it? There's a station in this country called the Big Tomato. It's huge, It's like number one station up there in Queensland. He's going to run the Big Tomato and then some guy here calling him a bad names because of a misunderstanding about the clocks changing this weekend. All right. Some of the emails are you can send to the show. We call it late to the party. So there's anything you ever hear and you want to shoot us an email about it, even if we've moved on it's a couple of weeks away. It doesn't matter. No topic has ever left dead. This comes from Sean Croydon. Christian. You're talking on the show the other day about music that your parents didn't like. You listen to? My dad was of the vintage from the Korean War and the JFK era. He once queued up to pay five cents to lay on marrit In Monroe's bed. What I've stared at those two lines a very long time, going Ah, I used to love Billy Joel's music. Why don't you anymore? Why we've fallen out of love with Billy Joel? And especially we didn't start the fire. I used to play it over and over again on my cassette to get the hang of the lyrics because there were so many. And then my dad one morning just burst into my bedroom and yelled, well we didn't bloody start it either, and slammed the door behind him.
Speaker 6: No, it is Sean and Croydon. Thank you very much, Christian.
Speaker 3: We're talking the show yesterday about other people out they've never seen a live music show. I am also, I'm a thirty year old gig virgin. Yeah, I don't realize how many there are.
Speaker 5: They're coming out of the woodwork.
Speaker 3: So we are think seriously going to do this now and I can't give you too many details yet, but there is going to be an amazing live show. We're going to take a load of you two to see something really special live and in our very own box with load of the gig virgins.
Speaker 6: But anyway, good day, Christian. My a thirty year old gig virgin.
Speaker 3: Closest i've been to seeing live music where I had the chance to go and see Alice Cooper with a mate who had a spare ticket back when I live in Hobart, but I decided to play tennis instead. Our very rock and roll for me growing up in the age of computer chips and satellites. Some of the language here the Korean War and JFK era. How old are the listeners to the show computer chips? I've not heard that phrasing ages computer chips and satellites. I could just never justify spending that amount of cash and seeing a man live when I could just look up performances on the internet for free. However, if you have a spare ticket going, I'd love to be part of the gig Virgins outing Patrick. Definitely, we are going to do this. If you ever want to email me, it's Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot A and any emails that get read out on it, we'll send you one of our highly coveted breakfast show mugs, which sadly would get reports that a couple of them are arriving broken. Now. The person was in charge of sending them out has now left the company, and we think that when they were told the distance between them being told them leaving. You know when you if you are it's not your decision to leave somewhere, you obviously take it badly. I've got hobble feeing that we're taking a hammer to our marks, the deliberately breaking them before they went to you. If you get one of them, that means they're extra special, if you get one of the broken ones.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: On this.
Speaker 3: Day, Mystery On this day, Friday, April the fifth, Patsy's taken us back in time on this day in history today. Patsy, Yeah, back to.
Speaker 4: When I was four on this day, just.
Speaker 6: A kid girl, really going back.
Speaker 7: Where'd we get such a time machine?
Speaker 3: Turn of the century? Huh?
Speaker 4: Very funny.
Speaker 3: Hey, By the way, I heard the news there trying to whip up some more paranoia about the Y two K bug. It's over. It is over.
Speaker 7: Just keep an eye on your GPS tomorrow because it might go a bit ballistic.
Speaker 4: Really why, I don't know.
Speaker 7: They've got to reset them. There's some bug or something still from Y two K.
Speaker 5: So I thought the thing with Y two K was there wasn't were Maybe it's.
Speaker 3: Still rumors about the planes could suddenly fall out the sky. All computers in hospitals and emergency departments would just stop.
Speaker 5: Your microwave would explain.
Speaker 3: And then suddenly in two those of nineteen. You're still going on about it, trying to get that paranoise scared. Don't get in your car. It will drive you off the peninsula, all right, you'll go off. Plunge you off the edge of Rosebud or Flinders. The cars are going to drive you into the sea.
Speaker 5: Click bait news paths.
Speaker 4: No, I was four on this day.
Speaker 7: Boys, when oh that's not The question isn't no, no, no, it's not when this song hit the Aussie charts back in seventy six.
Speaker 6: So shed bring in the cassette version.
Speaker 4: To play It does sound like it doesn't it muffled? It's the best quality I could.
Speaker 3: Just serve with the Y two K buggus got the music. Put some batteries in that.
Speaker 7: Warm Fernando started its record sixty Week Rain, at the top of our Singles chart on April five. It's also Agnita's birthday today. The blonde one, she's sixty nine? Is that the one on the left, the blonde one, she's all on the.
Speaker 3: Far left or second or left or in the middle.
Speaker 4: Stop it anyway. Our question today.
Speaker 3: Is weren't they all blonde? All blonde?
Speaker 4: No? No, Frida was brunette Yeah.
Speaker 5: You go to picture that video clip where you see the side of one's face, and.
Speaker 6: I thought Benny was the blonde one.
Speaker 4: The boys were both blonde.
Speaker 3: Well there you go, you went the blonde one. That three out of four seventy five percent of amber blonde, the blonde one. Doesn't narrow it down in a lineup, only one of them is walking away.
Speaker 4: I meant the blonde woman the group.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Our question today, anyway, is which to Ozzie movies featured Aber songs on their sound track?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a good one, Yeah like it?
Speaker 6: All right, Patsy, which two movies have used what Fernando.
Speaker 4: No any ab song?
Speaker 3: Oh I Gotcha? Nine four one four one O four three. Give us a call now to name the two movies nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 9: On this Day, Mystery on this day, Friday, April the fifth, and taking you back in time this morning is Patsy with an Abba question.
Speaker 7: Yeah, question, which two Ozzi movies featured Abbot's song EPI songs on this soundtrack?
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to lines a lot a bit recalling it about this morning, Helen, Good morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Christian, Good morning, Patsy and Jack.
Speaker 3: How are you all good?
Speaker 4: Have you got the anser? Do you think Helen? What do you think?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 10: Well, Patsy, you and I are very similar at being kid and abble was my absolute favorite when I was a kid. Mom, he've made my skev with iron on transfers or whatever they to Australia And so it's real wedding and Priscilla Queen as the desert.
Speaker 4: It is well done.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Priscilla had quite a few Abba songs and murals as well. I'm fascinated by your skivvy though, because my mum made me a white satin dress to copy, you know, the cat shift dresses they wore, and she hobby texts the cat the blue cat on it. She WoT it hobby text, which was like, I sound like.
Speaker 3: A transfer they put over the material.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, it was like a permanent sort of crayon thing and you could wash it and it wouldn't come off anyway.
Speaker 5: Mum spin Yeah, like a permanent marker.
Speaker 4: You can still get it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is, but it's like a sort of chemical sort of stuff. If that makes sort of like paint painted you No, not me the dress?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 3: Like died do you mean die?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Kind of radio game. It's like radio Pictury.
Speaker 4: Die Hot Cold. But I loved it and Helen I used to do.
Speaker 7: We used to have an extension cord at home and I used to wrap it in foil and pretend that was my microphone and play aber Girls with the girl next door.
Speaker 3: She'd be were you Benny or it's Frieda?
Speaker 4: Because they had dark hair?
Speaker 5: Is it dangerous to right at the end of an extension chord? With Alan?
Speaker 4: It wasn't plugged in jack.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 7: We used to play abber Girls and I bugged and bugged Mum to take They came to Melbourne in seventy seven.
Speaker 4: Did you go, Helen? Or were you too little?
Speaker 12: Like me?
Speaker 3: I was too little?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: They Sidney my music Bowl. They played two dates good they yes, and it poured rain. It almost got washed out, but they kept playing. And of course yesterday they announced that they're releasing two new songs, their first new songs in about forty years.
Speaker 3: You know why they bother them because they're all multi multi millionaires and they've turned down over the years so much money to do any live shows. I mean hundreds of millions each of them because there's so much money and people wanting to see them live, but they've always said no. But and they're doing this new show. But it's it's holograund.
Speaker 7: It is And I think I think this is when there's top its, it's hologriss. I think this is when these songs are being released. But yeah, they turned down a billion bucks back in two thousand to reform one billion dollars reportedly, so.
Speaker 3: But there they just gotta be bothered. Now they're quite old, aren't they.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 7: I don't think it's not that they can't be bothered. I think Agneta was the reluctant one, wasn't she.
Speaker 6: If we pressed play on a Ted talk here about Abba?
Speaker 3: Just I just listened to I. We've been talking for three minutes about Abba.
Speaker 4: I love them.
Speaker 3: Hellen's actually gone to sleep or to Fox FM, and she's would you zone out? Then? Where am I not before?
Speaker 5: But I've never actually got Abba. I can't say the appeal.
Speaker 3: I thought, yeah, some of those songs are amazing sophisticate pop, but I just never But this is great because after seven I got smaller week stumbled them to say this again. Yes, they were accent about what's underrated, what's overrated. So for you overrated, that's a great start.
Speaker 5: Don't give him a billion.
Speaker 3: That's why they said.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: They know it deep down. We've got away with it once one of the most successful pop bands in the world. Now Patsy carry on about abba. What else?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Holiday for a song? All right, Fridays holiday for a song. You're heading out west, you might see Patsy at the Werribee Open Rain Zoo.
Speaker 5: Western Australia. Per Margaret River.
Speaker 3: Now just over the bridge, heading out west to a Slumbus safari.
Speaker 6: I didn't know they could do this.
Speaker 3: At Werribee Open Rain Zoo overnight stay in glamping style tented lodge. Two days of zoo entry including close up animal encounters and are fully hosted safari experience. Also get a night walk and toasted marshmallows by the campfire. Do you know what, My kids would absolutely love that. I look at the photos of the lodge as well. You always raving about this pass. You say it's a great zoo.
Speaker 7: It's amazing this experience. Apparently I want to do it one day.
Speaker 6: So pass.
Speaker 5: They don't close up the animals at night, do they like they don't put the lines and stuff away.
Speaker 3: Well, they're putting them away. They're not toys.
Speaker 5: Well they keep them.
Speaker 4: No, they actually deliver your meal for dinner.
Speaker 3: The lions. It's got like a top at and tails a lion.
Speaker 6: Butler, would the.
Speaker 5: Rot lions be roaming around the campsite or do they?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, no, well.
Speaker 3: It's right, they're where do they go? Do they?
Speaker 7: They've got their own enclosure, so they do lock them up. Well, they're always locked up, jack, But there.
Speaker 3: You know what my family yesterday, then we've got his friends who've flown over from the UK and they stay where they say, well, that's to Hillsville yesterday, and they paid a bit extra to have a koala experience. They get there and they go, My daughter Ruby goes to obviously touch or pick up the koala.
Speaker 6: Go who wha, wha, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 3: This is a non touching experience.
Speaker 5: So what's the experience. Has the experienced different to what everybody else?
Speaker 3: She had to show me was a bunch of really awkward looking photos where she stood there next to some stranger holding koala, but that this is not that anyway. This is today's winning song. Next time you hear Boys of Summer on Gold one of four point three, your chance to win the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast show Men Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Don Henley, Boys the Summer. This is today's winning song for Holiday for a song. Next time you hear this played on Gold one oh four point three, your chance to call in a win Today's show. Then a man Friday, Shane Crawford up in Darwin. I let him tell you what he's been up to this week. He is live from Darwin, from a hotel there. We're also going to play a fun game before we speak to his hotel.
Speaker 6: Room, his check.
Speaker 3: He's checked into under a fake name. He said, he gets mobbed up there. I'm not going to create beat till Mania. Craw Those days are over for you, my friend. You're all right, he's got his it's a fake movie character's name, right, So yeah, across on at eight thirty this morning. In an hour's time, we'll be doing Don't Judge Me. But before that we want to know what do you think is underrated? What do you think is overrated? So for me underrated the first bite of an apple, the humble apple. That first bite we all know about the first sip of your beer on a Friday of the weekend and start the weekend. But I'm telling you now, please reconsider the humble apple and that first crisp bite is.
Speaker 6: Give us you an instant fist.
Speaker 5: What's your apple? Go to apple?
Speaker 3: It's got to be shiny for some of them, you know, the ones that one about that are all palely. I don't like the pale ones. I like either really vivid greenie or already Yeah, I like the grain. I find the reds are too soft most of the time, too mushy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love a pink lady.
Speaker 3: Easy. What you do out there where other weekend with your pink ladies is up to you, not our business. And overrated coriander, yeah, really and everything. I don't know who the salespeople are these days, shoving coriander and shifting it everywhere. Suddenly in any salad or anything, or a sandwich they've they've crammed in coriander. I didn'tvite coriander. You should have to ask my permission in writing before putting coriander and anything for me, So.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would say overrated coriander.
Speaker 5: Overrated for me is abba wow, I'll stop it. I just never got into the music. I under stand that people love them, but just to.
Speaker 3: Mean sophisticated, waisticated arrangement, the arrangements. Thank you, that's the good, great day Burn, pats Burn. I didn't know that is great. What a great jack post tape down there.
Speaker 5: And underrated for me is the soft closed toilet lid and your house, Christian. I mean, you have some very nice fittings and fixtures at your house. But I dropped it thinking it was soft, and it went off like an explosion.
Speaker 3: I have to ease it down in the morning. I'll wait the whole house up the whole street.
Speaker 5: You're for something like seventy bucks. I'm looking online. You can get a soft closed toilet then you just shut it and walk away soft clothes.
Speaker 4: So hang on. You both you were saying as men that you.
Speaker 7: Do close the toilet lid, you put the seat down with the soft clothes.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a miracle.
Speaker 6: No any clothes.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what made me totally reconsider the whole closing of the lid. I saw a sign once and it was saying, how in the air and a toilet nine feces are just hanging around in the air if you leave the lid open.
Speaker 5: Yeah, especially when you flush hate just all into the air.
Speaker 4: Disgusting.
Speaker 6: All right, Patsy, what's overrated?
Speaker 4: The mine overrated? Is Game of Throne O you.
Speaker 3: That's one of the most amazing TV shows ever made. I have tried and just because understand it.
Speaker 4: I just it's blood.
Speaker 7: No, it's violent, and it just it makes me angry watch. I just I can't do it.
Speaker 3: It's a great, big sprawl calling epic.
Speaker 4: Story and I know it's I just can't do it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what I think News and sport is overrated? How do you like them apples? My bills?
Speaker 6: What's underrated? Patsy?
Speaker 4: What's underrated? I would have to say Mexican food on a Friday night? For me?
Speaker 3: What do you like? Chimmy Changa burrito?
Speaker 4: I love a burrito or.
Speaker 5: Four Lady.
Speaker 3: Margarita, just to celebrate the fact it's a Monday.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: What do you think is overrated? What do you think is underrated? Give us the coolest morning? Nine four one four one o four three overrated and underrated.
Speaker 1: Coming up next The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Jane is just email me Christian underrated for me letting I've gone out, just going to read this word for word? Okay, letting the boobs out of the booby gel after a long day.
Speaker 4: Yes, yep, as soon as you get home.
Speaker 3: I have never ever heard the phrase booby jail. Well you never learned. Don't you learn something new every single day? That's something to take home from work today. The kids say, how was work today? Booby jail? Great rapper name as well? I reckon that is some of those are coming in Christian. Have you or Jack ever tried the delights of a shower beer?
Speaker 5: Oh love a shower I've never had it before? Yes, yes, really yes, yep. Underrated.
Speaker 3: So will you take a little stubby in there and crack it open? Haven't sit while he's showering.
Speaker 5: Yep, you can balance it inside this soap holder or you know where you put all your shampoos and stuff, and then you just sip away the hot water the cold beer. Perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never try I'm going to try that tonight. Before I head to go off to the g just to pre load, to get ready for probably what's going to be another No, we're gonna win. We are going to wear our first win is coming. I can feel it. God's shower beer. Thank you very much for that one. Mark. All right, let's go to the lines. Karen good all, good morning.
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're all good. Thank you, Caro, and I hope you are as well. What do you reckon is overrated and.
Speaker 12: Underrated, mate, overrated, Harry Potter tried the books and the movies just cannot get into them at all, completely over my head. And nothing so underrated as a fantastically big sneeze. But you've got to put your coffee cup down.
Speaker 8: First, otherwise the booze is.
Speaker 12: Going to have a cup of teeth flying at You're a great speed as well.
Speaker 6: You're right, yeah, a bit of actually cream in there that you didn't want.
Speaker 5: I love sneezing when you're outside because you know you can give everything and you can make a release.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what it is?
Speaker 12: I see so hard one day in the car that my head just that hit the steering wheel, and the guy in the car next to me, shit, that the traffic lights burst into laughter.
Speaker 3: Do you know what they reckon?
Speaker 6: It's the same as an orgasm.
Speaker 12: It's to say what I've heard, that's what I've heard. I like to put that on. I just like at that on open air.
Speaker 3: Karen, Thank you very much and cool. You have a nice sneeze on us this weekend.
Speaker 12: Okay, you take care.
Speaker 6: I said sneeze and I meant sneeze.
Speaker 3: All right. Robert's on the line. Good morning, Bobby.
Speaker 13: Boy, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 14: How are you mate.
Speaker 3: I'm very good, Robert. I hope you're well. And what do you reckon? Is overrated and underrated?
Speaker 14: Well, very overrated?
Speaker 8: Are expensive restaurants?
Speaker 3: True? Yeah, what do you want to talking was? Will they give you like a tiny portion of food.
Speaker 8: A tiny person of food, and then you probably have to go and have a big mac meal deal on the way back.
Speaker 3: To your car because you're still hungry, starving and you paid so much money. That's good when I wants underrated for you, Robert.
Speaker 8: Underrated is just a simple server, fish and chips.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, just a great always works every time.
Speaker 3: Doesn't it.
Speaker 15: It was fecially on a Friday night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pretty, you're gonna have one tonight.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, what not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Robert, thank you very much. A cool no problem, all right, keep this coming there. What do you think is overrated? What do you think is underrated? Nine four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three talking this morning about what things you think are underrated and overrated. Sammy thinks that's crushed avocado overrated. Be careful. That kind of talk gets you run out of town. Sammy, keep it yourself.
Speaker 5: Sir, anytime I'm out of town, out of Melbourne. I misssmashed avocado.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was overrated until I started to have smashed avocado. Now. Yeah, it's a great invention we got Brett. Good morning, Brett, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 6: I'm good buddy.
Speaker 16: I hope you well.
Speaker 3: Have you had a good week? And Brett, what's underrated? Overrated? For you? Mate?
Speaker 8: The most overrated thing is the Richmond Football Club here. I think you have a po undred peers members.
Speaker 5: Now this is I guess you are Tigers? Are you?
Speaker 8: Now? I'm account and supporter the overrated things for Richmond.
Speaker 3: But surely you've got all those great players obviously ranswers out and Trent Conchin and the legendary forward pressure that people talk about as well. And what they've done.
Speaker 8: Yeah that they you know, they win a premiership a couple of years ago and they all come.
Speaker 3: Out of the woodwork love that they did. Big Carton though, this is the scar that that runs deep in our friend here, Brett, right, can't forgive them?
Speaker 8: Yeah, a big cattle out of the most successful club in the competition.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I was in a taxi yesterday.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize is it true that you've won someone like seven or eight over the history of the clubs premiership? Yeah? I thought this taxi job was winding me up. Take a mistake. Was still some sort of wide eyed by me. And that sounds awfully high for Cotton, but I haven't known them in the last couple of years. But uh, all right, and what do you think is underrated than Brett?
Speaker 8: Oh the old Chip Sea and which Chip team which was a bit of sauce and so always going to be well absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the snack of Okay, Brett, have a good weekend. Thanks you, car.
Speaker 8: Mate, you too, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Mike the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: From our studio here in Richmond. We can see the shoes plumes are spoke from that fire. You're just talking about your news there, Patsy at at Campbellfield.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in thorny Cross Street. It's a big one.
Speaker 6: We're miles away from that.
Speaker 3: How many k's is that from here?
Speaker 5: Beambell Field, I reckon is maybe fifteen to twenty k out of the city.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hope everyone's all right.
Speaker 3: An email came in yesterday from a listener called Kenny.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it sounds like the saying the name Kenny.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: Kenny and Neil drive to work every single morning. Two trades, two hard working trades, and they are arguing every morning at the moment about who is in control of the car radio. Kenny is the passenger YEP riding shotgun. Neil okay, it's his ute. Neil believes his car his radio. They listen to what Neil wants okay, which isn't gone one four point three because Neil is evil all right? Where it's Kenny's a good guy. He's a golden guy, the golden Kenny's golden Kenny. We all love a Kenny. Kenny wants to hear us. Okay, However, he's the passenger. He's running shotgun. He wants to know other people in cars, who are you know, car pulling every single day. There'll be a lot of people right now in cars who have some kind of ruling about this.
Speaker 5: Yep, why would you? I would side with the passenger, And I'll tell you why. Because drivers should be focused on the road, hands on the wheel, whereas the passenger can be nimble moving the controls, volume up and down.
Speaker 3: That is their area of responsibility. You've got that, You're right. My producer Brad picks me up every single morning. He's beating up old high und I can't so. I mean if it was an uber car would even get in like no, thank you. Anyway.
Speaker 6: He eyes really up front the road.
Speaker 3: He's always changing the station eighteen times, standing the pen from three w W it's all over here because he has the volume wily low, so we'll over here three w is. Derek's on the line between that and Fox. He's always just flicking around, maybe me scan out the opposition. But it annoys me because I'd like one just a setting on it. But I think that I should be sometimes because we're like that Monday to Fridays. If there was a guest in your house, he'd say, oh, do you want to put someone on the TV? Or what shall we watch?
Speaker 5: And especially for Brad, someone who's not a good driver and he's getting out of sight, Yeah, he should be focused on the road to the hands on the wheel and you.
Speaker 3: I mean you've seen how those glasses are. If he looks up at the sun, it will burn his eyes out. I mean they're like a meter thick. It's like triple glazing's gone echo stock obviously two glasses, but he keeps his eyes warm.
Speaker 6: Okay, I've drifted again. Where was I?
Speaker 3: That's it, Kenny? And in the car the two trades, that's it. How do you sort this out? You must be in a car right now, bo, if your car pool you give someone a lift? How do you sort out who's in charge of the car radio? How you divide it? Do you share or is it your car your radio? Let us know what you think. Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Who controls the car radio? Two people in the car Is it the driver or the passenger? This is an argument the two trades are having right now. Kenny is our man, he's the gold one oh four point three listener. Neil is the guy who's a uter is. He picks him up every morning. He thinks his ute, his car, his radio. Tim's got a great take on this driver has total control of the music, car temperature, and route to be taken like a passenger on a bus. Please take your seat, Tim as David Goome morning.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Hi guys, there you're going.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're good. So David, what's your rule on this.
Speaker 15: Driver has the ownership of the audio and like watching the same route and everything. But if you work work with a girl called Claire, you just got to let her take control of the radio. Rip breaking car radio is pretty much were missing buttons on the car radio. She just flicks that often, just always looking for the next song. We play a little bit of a game to pass the day. He's the first couple of beats of the song. You've got to guess to work the song and then straight into the next one. So passes the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, David, thank you, thank you. David Kelly, good morning, morning, Kelly, And what do you reckon? Driver or passenger? Who's in charge of the radio.
Speaker 17: If it's my car, it's my station. If I'm the driver or the passenger, my car my station.
Speaker 5: Yeah wait, why would you be the passenger in your own car?
Speaker 17: And my husband tried, I'm having a little bit of a sippy time.
Speaker 6: Right, I got you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're still in charge of you take that right with you to the passenger? Seah hell yeah ah right, I see interesting, all right, Kelly, have a lovely weekend, mate. Okay, thank you gonna Rob, Good morning, Rob, I'm good, buddy. Have you well? What do you reckon?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 3: Driver? A passenger for the car radio?
Speaker 8: Driver's choice?
Speaker 6: Overwhelming? This isn't this choice?
Speaker 8: What you think about him?
Speaker 3: Driver?
Speaker 15: This music on that the driver doesn't like it?
Speaker 5: Design out, I've never heard that it's for an accident, Rob, Let's take one more.
Speaker 3: At the moment, overwhelmingly you're saying it's the driver, Clint, good morning.
Speaker 14: Yeah, goodame, there you going.
Speaker 3: I'm good, Clint. What do you reckon?
Speaker 14: There's not even an argument about this, but it goes deeper than the car, Christian. It goes to the work site, mate, the boss controls the radio. These young fellas they try and put on all these hits stations. Mate, we don't want gold all the way.
Speaker 3: Good man, and we thank you for your service. But that's incredible. Yeah, I don't thought about the work site, the battle for the radio there. I mean, that's your best friend during the day, isn't it doing a tough back breaking days?
Speaker 14: The car not over.
Speaker 3: Clinton.
Speaker 6: That's funny. Stay there.
Speaker 3: I saw you out with the prize. That's funny, dude. Have a great weekend, mate, you too. Tell you one thing we can all surely agree on. People in the back of the car have no rights. No, you are nobody's don't you dread like you know where there's there's four of us being picked up by someone. Tomorrow. We're going out for visit the Wineries birthday treats out on morning to Palinsua. Can't wait. I really beg my wife, please? Can I be up from don't to be stuck in the back. You know, think what you lean through that little canny go what's that what you're talking about? I don't want to be that that is I said, That's all I want for my birthday, just to be up front, sat there riding shot gun. Don't stick me in the back, don't put baby in the back there doing that thing. What's that what you're laughing about? Huh, it's called I couldn't quite hear. What do you say? You could you turn the radio down and you look out the window and or you either see the only paby were gonna have a kinship with the other losers. Also in back seats on a Saturday car trippers where you've got no rights.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: In the next twenty five minutes of the show, then it is judgment free. You can confess something that you do. There will be no judgment from us. It's tough sometimes some of the stuff we've heard before on this Christian o'conles. Don't judge me.
Speaker 13: But when I spect the dishwasher at night time with dirty plates, I let the dog lick them sometimes.
Speaker 17: My name is Susan, and don't judge me. But you know when you buy a cross it through the supermarket and in the next day they're a little bit moldy. I have watched a little bit smalled off and still chased them.
Speaker 13: And Dale don't judge me, but I find if my candy bars are too cold, I'll stick them down my pants to.
Speaker 3: Warm them up. That one Christian Coddles, don't judge me, but all right, don't judge. Don't judge me. But my wife and I have got a TV show that really into at the moment, and yesterday I watched two episodes by myself ahead of her.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that is a criminal acting.
Speaker 14: Me.
Speaker 3: But listen, mister judge.
Speaker 5: Judging, I'm not judging. I just say if that went down in our house, there'd be hell to pay.
Speaker 4: Well, let's ruin the series for us, isn't it really?
Speaker 3: Do you know what the name of the feature is? Let me just play the production again, Coddles, don't judge me, but don't judge me. But I'm two episodes of a TV show that my wife and I really enjoying, Dirty John.
Speaker 5: Now do you watch again?
Speaker 3: Dirty Bom?
Speaker 5: Do you let her watch it on her own?
Speaker 3: She'd be furious. I'll have to make how I haven't seen it and go, I wonder what's going to happen here on the way they're here? Do that? Oh? Yes, I can make out that I'm really knowledgeable for once. Now I'm just gonna have to play dumb. Now let's watch another episode. She catches up. All right, Jack, what's your don't judge me.
Speaker 5: But don't judge me, but I pretty much never washed my jeans unless there's a big spill or a stain on them. I never washed them.
Speaker 4: No, that's all right.
Speaker 5: You think if you're a hobo, jeans just don't really get dirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you sat on dirty chairs, you get on the tram or train, you sit on that, and.
Speaker 5: I think, DENNI must repel. Yeah, yeah, I don't know how they the better?
Speaker 3: What discuse Z?
Speaker 5: No judge Patsy?
Speaker 6: What's yours? This would be good.
Speaker 7: I don't judge me, but I may have fed the dog off my fork at dinner last night and then continue to use it for myself.
Speaker 3: We had stayed one word hashtag wearribe.
Speaker 5: Surprised you can feed that huge with just middle four waiting pitchfork?
Speaker 3: You say four, we say shovel. All right, then, what's yours for us? This morning? There? Nine four one four one four three?
Speaker 6: What is your?
Speaker 3: Don't judge me, but the best ones we give away prizes nine one o four three. Don't judge me, but coming up next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're doing this, Christian o'connalls. Don't judge me, but you jump on the phones, you come on air. Don't judge me, but share something you do. We promise not to judge. All right, First up this morning, we're taking the confession of Robin. Good morning, Robin, good morning, Christian. Hey, I'm good. Okay, what's yours?
Speaker 18: Well, don't judge me, but I'm forty six and I'm completely and utterly addicted to a PlayStation four game which is named as Teenagers.
Speaker 3: What's the game?
Speaker 18: It's called Dead by Daylight. It's survival horror game which features piatures killers like Michael Myers from Halloween and Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street.
Speaker 8: I love it?
Speaker 3: And when did you get into When did you get into this?
Speaker 18: Just around Christmas time? My son has been playing it his eighteen By the way, my son, he's been playing it for a while, and I just happened to glance over his shoulder and go, wow that actually they're terrifyingly fun and so ever since then, Yeah, any spare time I have, it's like, no, I'm fighting you for the PlayStation, mate.
Speaker 3: This is incredible. And how many hours will you do in a session?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 18: Look if at the weekend and I'm not doing anything, yeah, I could spend all.
Speaker 5: Day, Robin. I love the idea. What's your son's name?
Speaker 18: My son's name is Hayden.
Speaker 5: Yeah, have you playing upstairs on the video game? Going, Hayden? What time dinner? What are we having?
Speaker 18: I've got teenagers, so I can say to them, right, you guys can you guys can send for yourself. Sorry, mum's playing the PlayStation.
Speaker 6: This is brilliant.
Speaker 3: I love that one, Robin. All right, great weekend. Yeah you two Christians, Thanks so much. Bye, Tracy coome Onning, good morning.
Speaker 19: Don't judge me, but I tell you what. I cannot stand people doing silly things on the road. And I sometimes fits the horn when my husband's driving, so I will lean over and fit the horn, and he'll get angry at me, and I'll get angry at him, and then I'll get angry at the driver.
Speaker 12: In front of it.
Speaker 3: That so we were talking half an hour ago. But who controls the radio? The passenger or the driver? And on the car horn it's in the middle of the Steeringwell that's the driver and the driver.
Speaker 19: Oh yeah yeah, and I also do the wipers if I can't seek.
Speaker 6: That's incredible.
Speaker 19: Yeah yeah, I'm pretty good. Yeah, that's incredible.
Speaker 3: So you're not a sat NAV, you're a sat nag. Just sat there, go wipe us horn.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 19: But if he does have the sat NAV on a male voice, I've actually got to change it to a female voice, because females communicate a lot better than men.
Speaker 6: You girl, sister, preach Tracy.
Speaker 5: I think you should just be driving next to me, like I push his knee down so he doesn't accelerate. Then I bring it across to the break.
Speaker 3: Changing gears. Oh no, all right, Tracy, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: You cool.
Speaker 3: And so Stephen, good morning, good morning, good morning mate, welcome to Don't judge me, but what's yours.
Speaker 8: Buddy, don't judge me, But some days I'll go to the drawer in this no point under fence.
Speaker 14: So we're the missuses.
Speaker 3: I've never been there, never been there, but can't rule it out because I've not been there. Done a heart would.
Speaker 11: Feel I feel rather rather normal, but so I don't give me back kicked or put them back in the drawer, so actually has.
Speaker 8: No way.
Speaker 3: Cycling. But Steven, what's to feel like because obviously it's different fabrics sometimes to what we have for our boxes or briefs.
Speaker 15: Come on, feel sorry, I'm walking.
Speaker 6: I here talking to me.
Speaker 11: Come on, it feels rather smooth, Christian, but I'm trying not to think about. Don't you just see well I'm tucked in or more I'm cline.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, let's go all right, Steven, thank you very much for cool. Take two boys walking still ninety four one four one O four three. What's your don't judge me but the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So come out to your next fifteen minutes on the show, we'll be crossing live to Darwin. That's where Crawford. Crawford is our new AFL go on the show. Our man Friday comes in on Friday. We talk AFL. But this week he's been up in Northern Territories, up in Darwin doing a good work up there, which he tell us about. So yesterday when I was just catching up with chatting to him, I said, look, give us a hotel number and we call you on the old landline because he was on Monday show on this I don't know where he got that mobile from shops and now he's on how now now he's not getting that big cash on the footy show. He's got a cheap old burner or something. And I said, we can't have that if you're going to be on the phone from Darwin. Wasn't it good when just in Brighton? So we need I need a landline and they said listen, this is the hotel and then he hit me with the fake name. I said, why are you checking a little fake name? I know they're obsessed with footy. I just walk out in the street people mob me. You know, so he's got a fake name. It is a movie character's name that he is checked in under a big hotel chain in Darwin. What do you think Shane Crawford would use as a fake movie character name Ron Burgundy. We'll take a couple of guesses. Okay, I'll throw this open to you. What do you think crawf is it's a movie character's name. What do you think he'd be using? What would be his movie character name? He's checked into a hotel in Darwin? What do you think The name is nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three after nine o'clock this morning. It is back us and you versus the music team here at God one o four point three. They have I don't know what the songs are after nine they keep them from us. All the songs have a connection. We are trying to guess it before you guess it. We did this four weeks ago and none of us got it. No, they won, and I can't have that happening again this Friday.
Speaker 6: So that's after nine o'clock right now.
Speaker 3: Though in five minutes time, we're going to cross live to Darwin where our man is Shane Crawford and he is checked into a hotel and he told me he has his words a code name and it is a movie character's name. What do you think? Shane Crawford is checked in under Dave, what's she guess?
Speaker 8: I'm getting judge.
Speaker 3: That is his kind of style and it isn't a million miles away from what it is, but it isn't the right one.
Speaker 6: Thanks Dave. Let's go to Joe. Go on in Joe, Christian how are you Matte.
Speaker 3: I'm good and I hope you're well. Joe as well. What do you reckon?
Speaker 6: Crawfords checked in as all like.
Speaker 15: You said, based on his character, maybe Austin Powers, it.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't surprise me. Actually think he's history of the Footy Show. He's dressed up as.
Speaker 3: Let's get that cleared up first. When we crossed to in a minute, it's not that one. Joe, have a great weekend thanks to calling, mate, and let's try Megan. Good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show mate.
Speaker 3: What do you think you what movie character name is Shane Crawford checking us?
Speaker 13: I think that Shane has checked in as Dirk Siglas.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 3: What made you think that?
Speaker 18: Sorry?
Speaker 6: What made you think that Dirk Diggler.
Speaker 17: I just think he rates himself very highly and he probably thinks he's on big man parts.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, he's so much to clear up with him when he's on in five minutes time. But yes, we are crossing in five minutes time. He has checked in as Dirk Diggler. We're speaking to Duk Diggler aka Shane Crawford.
Speaker 1: Next The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four.
Speaker 3: Point three normally on a Friday's in the study studio. Whether Shane Crawford up in Darwin.
Speaker 6: This week, that's Costs Live. Now to Dirk Diggler.
Speaker 11: Are you there, hello, Dirk Diggler here.
Speaker 6: They guessed your code name in the end.
Speaker 11: I know I'm going to have to change it. I might have to change it to William Wallace or Scuba Steve or someone like that.
Speaker 5: Someone said mini me on the text line craft.
Speaker 11: Jack to have it go at my height. I know I'm a small man.
Speaker 3: So listen. Tell us what you're doing in Darwin this week, because I know you're doing good work up there.
Speaker 11: Well, firstly, I can assure you I don't have a code name. I was obviously just trying to try and play a game with you, Christian, So I don't have code names. No, that doesn't exist. Now I'm up in Darwin for an indigenous carnival, which is just fantastic. We've got fourteen fifteen sixteen year olds boys who travel, you know, two thousand kilometers from all over all over the area and they come along and they play football for a few days and it's a real sort of it's a real price for them because it's all about you know, behavioral requirements and school attendance and obviously they love footy. But they camp on the side of the roads, they drive their bus up on the side of the road, then they drive another thousand kilometers and then they get here. And I'll tell you what, it's just incredible the skill, but just the teamwork and the friendship. Like they tackle each other then they put their arm out and they pick each other up off the ground. So yeah, it's great to be here.
Speaker 3: I must quite humbling for you to be up there and to be part of that. It's a witness it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, absolutely, And it's obviously a different, different part of the world and every everyone operates on Darwin time, so everything's a bit more relaxed, but just so friendly, you know. And look, it's all about sort of helping them with sort of going into the workforce as well. So we have we had a night where we actually had to sit down and interview them and and try and help them, you know, being prepared for moving on with their life when they do come towards the end of their schooling as well. So now it's been a good couple of days.
Speaker 6: All right, buddy, stay there. Good for you doing that.
Speaker 3: After this then we'll come back to Diggler Lie from Darwin talk them out. Tonight's big Cash, the g between Jack's team and my team.
Speaker 6: Go D's the Christian Who.
Speaker 1: Connell Breakfast Show, Melviourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Shane Crawford who is in has been in Darwin this week. Craft you're still.
Speaker 11: Were Austin Powers now changed my name.
Speaker 3: So you in your hotel room?
Speaker 11: That's correct?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you sat on the bed. Just described the scene.
Speaker 11: Well, there is a bed, there's a big bed. Actually there's there's a couch. I just made myself a little instant coffee. Beautiful goes down for delicious. I've got I've got a view out over the water at the moment. It's very overcast. There's a few ships sliding past, there's a few crocodiles, and yeah, that's about it.
Speaker 3: Tell me this when you want hotel room, don't you find that they tucked that bed in at the bottom way too time they do.
Speaker 11: I need to rip the whole sort of doner cover all the sheet right out because I like my feet to move around when i'm sleeping like I can. As you know, I sleep walk and I do wander, and it's always a worry for me whenever I sleep somewhere else.
Speaker 3: For the first time, about did they not checked you into the ground floor? Otherwise you'd be in there are water?
Speaker 11: Well, No, this is true. I went to Russia last year for the World Cup soccer and the very first night in Moscow, I actually slept walked and walked out my door, and obviously the door shuts and I was locked in the out of my room in the hallway in my jocks in Russia, and I didn't obviously speak much Russian, and I had to make my way back down to the reception. I had to try and explain this poor little lossie boy who wasn't getting very far. I had to try and explain that I was sleepwalking and I lost and I need to get back to my room. It wasn't a good situation.
Speaker 3: But let's talk about the big game tonight between these two underperforming teams. A couple of weeks ago, you picked the D's to be the team that would get to the fine and possibly win it. Now they're at the bottom of the ladder, just above them as the Bombers. What do you make it tonight's match at the.
Speaker 11: G Well, firstly, how are you and Jack going today? Because see, this is it, This season is on the line tonight.
Speaker 3: One of you genuinely, we're really nervous. We're both going to the game and we're really really nervous. I must win for both.
Speaker 11: Well, absolutely, and surely you two have had a little side wager.
Speaker 3: We're too nervous, nervous to even do that, but.
Speaker 11: Like, like surely you know it's it's a dinner or.
Speaker 5: A lunch or you tell shame why I'm not doing the side wages because I feel like Melbourne are going to win. I don't even want to back the Bombers at the moment.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, this is when they need your belief, Jack, This is when the Bombers need supporters like you just saying that we can do it, we can turn around. It's only two weeks, so you know there's a long season ahead. Look for me tonight, I just think this is a must watch game because none of us know really what's going to happen, and it could be the end pretty much for one of the sides. But I've just got a feeling the D's are going to be ready. I think Nathan Jones, the captain of the D's, I just got a feeling that he's going to get right in the mix and get his hands dirty and get the job done tonight. So that's one thing I'll be looking forward. But I just think it's going to be an absolute must watch. I'll tell you what we should stream, you two live watching this match sitting together.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm really really worried about tonight's game. I don't know, I've just suddenly become so invested in this crazy sport of footy and there tonight. How do you think. Do you think there'd be a big turnout tonight or do you think the fans are too wide about how bad the teams are playing?
Speaker 11: No, no, they'll be there because, as you know, one of one of the team who's going to win have their first win for the season. So and you know Friday night football, you know, obviously it's great to sit at home and watch it and take it all in, but like this, it really is seasons on the line for one of these sides tonight. So if they lose and go zip them three, it is a very long way back to it and make the finals. So you need to get the four points tonight and both sides, you know, there's great rivalry too between both sides, so it's going to be on. But I really would like to actually be able to stream in live and watch you two sitting.
Speaker 3: There and I've been crying into my hot dog and beer.
Speaker 11: If we lose that, oh that's in your cheese platter.
Speaker 3: Of course, that's not the worst than a sulky cheese butter. And tell me this. If the D's win tonight and the Bombers lose third lost the season, do you think that's it? Then the coach goes and you meet herd he takes over Monday.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well yeah, possibly they've been talking about that after the very first round.
Speaker 5: But you do know him really well, Herdy, it's all It's all just smoke, isn't it. There's no back into those rumors.
Speaker 11: Well, obviously the noise is not coming from James her James shud He he's obviously been a magnificent play for a long time. But you've got to understand that John Wurstfold's come in and he's tried to get the club back on its feet and going again and obviously they've started the season really slow. They started the season really slow last year and came with a real run. So I think you just need to give people up at a time. You've got to back him in and James. I don't think James wants to coach anymore. I think he's you know, he's had his try and it was an eventful situation. I think he loves football. I think he likes talking about football. I think you might ever do a footy show in the next couple of months. I've about that, Yeah, apparently, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him, you know, having some thoughts and being around the football environment.
Speaker 3: All right, But listen, Boddy, when did you come back and surprise your wife's let you? How'd you get a weak up there?
Speaker 11: Look? I was only meant to be up here for a day, but I just said at home, listen, I think it's important for me to really sort of acclimatize.
Speaker 3: Do I really saw that kind of and I saw in your inst feed the carnival was like three days ago and you're still up there.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was early a morning carnival and five days later, but I'm heading back today. It's going to be a long drive. I'll take you about five days, but I've decided I need to see a bit more of the country before we go. Can I just say Port adelaidea taking on Brisbane and the Brisbane Lines are the favorites. I think Port Adelaide can win. So anyone doing your footy tipping and wanted to be a bit different, or anyone interested in a match on the weekend, Port Adelaide I think can get up and cause an upset against Brisbane.
Speaker 3: Now last week you changed the whole team and a lot of listeners made money off the back who had a little tip of when you went big on Friday nights Gdelaide again. So you're backing them against the lines or informant moment.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I think, Yeah, I like Port Adelaide. I think they've got a bit more experience and yeah, I just don't think they're getting enough credit. And I just want to leave you on this. Not because it's very The humidity up here is unbelieve. You sit under a tree and you just sweat. When you go out and do something during the day, take four or five pairs of hondies with you because you're gonna need to change them every couple of hours. That's how much much sweat drops off.
Speaker 3: You through and then we don't ever need that kind of detail from you ever again on the show.
Speaker 11: Okay, you're sweat my bedroom. I forgot to explain it. I've got about fifty pairs of undies hanging up drying.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 6: A little bit of sekers come out.
Speaker 3: We don't need that, all right, Craft, I'll catch you with you next week, buddy, have a good weekend. Okay, bye bye bye, now, don't digler.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: King col versus Godzillator versus Sarah Connor, Feeder versus Luke Skywalker, all the vassals, but not as big as Christian and Jack versus the Music Department versus you.
Speaker 3: This is a missing week, all right. We do this on our first Friday of every month. It is us versus you versus the music team. The music team represented by the former King of Brisbane Radio, Chase.
Speaker 12: You are you?
Speaker 3: The former King of Brisbane Radio.
Speaker 16: Worked in Melbourne Radio for a long time as well.
Speaker 3: I much preferred, all right, the former Double King of Brisbane and Melbourne Radio and the ego once a job. I'm not a warn't I'm the king of two states. I was born in Game of Thrones. John Snow DJ. All right, then, so four weeks ago you won. You made it through a whole out song. We had a listener that won the fifty bucks off you. At the last we had a gent call through and claim the prize.
Speaker 5: While we're remembering is our own bitterness?
Speaker 16: You're quite right, yes, so it's listener's one. Music team none us. Christian O'Connell breakfast show also none.
Speaker 6: Well, I tell you what though we did.
Speaker 3: The answer four weeks ago was all the songs we played were Grammy nominated.
Speaker 16: They were nominated for Song of the Year at the Grammys but lost.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The reason I forgot is because it was so boring. So they're better be all right, a better connection this morning?
Speaker 20: All right, here we go a bunch of songs. There's something in common between all of them. It's up to either Christian or our gold one O four point three listeners to work it out first and beat the music team.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, let's make this in still before I play the first song, I don't know what all the songs are. Okay, I'm going to get it today. Okay, good, all right.
Speaker 6: I'm prepared to put one hundred dollars on this.
Speaker 16: I can pay you one hundred bucks if you win after payday.
Speaker 6: But I'm happy to do that. I'm happy to do that.
Speaker 16: Too much month, not enough money. But okay, let's just get serious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good luck.
Speaker 6: I will get it within the next thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: Good luck.
Speaker 16: Time starts now.
Speaker 1: Okay for Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Al Right, this hour is all about the missing link. We don't know what the songs are until I press play. We're finding out when you find out. We're all trying to race against each other to try and work out what the connection is. Before ten o'clock this morning's the first song Deaf Leopard, Pour some Sugar on Me? Have you also got the Wikipedia entry out for that song, which means nothing at the moment, because I don't know what the next song is In Coyote Ugly the movie, Yes, I've made a lot of.
Speaker 6: That and also put number two. We got to number two in.
Speaker 3: The Billboard chart, and I put three question marks part night significant.
Speaker 5: He's a detective all right.
Speaker 3: So if you are trying to guess as well, there is a price. I'll give you my one hundred bucks if you get it before us. We'll also give you tickets to go to this big, feel good romantic comedy of the Year of the Red Carpet tickets top end wedding you can call in with your guess is nine four one four one oh four three. So we go from Deaf Leopard two damn it? Do you what they're doing.
Speaker 5: They're actually changing it.
Speaker 3: They're putting fake songs in to stop me trying to cheat, which I have been doing. All right, we go from def Leppard, Pour Some Sugar on Me to this train Chops of Jupiter. What do you think the connection is? Nine four one four one oh four three. Let's beat the music team, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, Mustang Sally Commitments, thirds on This Morning in the Missing Link and Gone one o four point three. The music team has set us all the challenge me and you listening, which I obeat each other? And then what's the connection between all the songs this morning between nine and ten. So we've gone Deaf Leopard, pull some sugar on me, train Drops of Jupiter, and then this the Commitments Mustang Sally, Oh no, I've god the moment. Are they all used in movies? Are they all songs that are from the artist's best selling album, Deaf Leopard? That track is from Hysteria, which is their fourth album, which is their best selling one. Train Drops of Jupiter I believe it's from their best selling album, But then that's a cover version from the movie of a Wilson Picket song. Have you got any theories yet? Not really?
Speaker 5: And I'm trying hard.
Speaker 6: And then what's many worse to sue?
Speaker 3: The bosses texted in to me directly making me feel worse going she got its second guess.
Speaker 5: Come on, yeah, but let's she sits right next to them.
Speaker 3: Loose lips cost lives. But she does actually also have the answer because she's taking your calls. Is it from the artist's best selling album? No, it's not.
Speaker 6: Are they all in movies?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: What's what's no?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, not there yet?
Speaker 5: Is it movie related movie theme?
Speaker 3: I can't tell you that TV show they've been using a TV show. You can't do that. You gotta wait and keep listening and we'll see how we go. All right, thank you radio consultant. All right, let's take some guesses now from you. Paul, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 15: Originally thought Ray, but we hadn't brought it to weather.
Speaker 17: It's got to do with like weather, boring rain.
Speaker 15: He had drops, Ryan drops, and then he had driven around with the weather condition and know it, we're the condition.
Speaker 3: But they mustang sally the commitments. Yeah, yeah, it's a tough one.
Speaker 6: It's a tough one, Paul.
Speaker 3: Thanks for trying.
Speaker 6: Mate. Let's go to Kylie. Come on in Kylie and Ocean Grove.
Speaker 10: Hi, guys, how are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're good. I annoyed at them. I'm trying to work this out and I've got another twenty minutes, so it's cost me one hundred dollars. Again, what do you think it is?
Speaker 10: I'm hoping that they are all inductees into the Hall of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Is it the band or the singers?
Speaker 3: Jeff Leppard? I think we're over the weekend.
Speaker 12: Actually yep.
Speaker 10: And they went and train I think with twenty seventeen trains.
Speaker 3: Come on, they won it. Wonder really.
Speaker 6: Producer Beck Is that right? Carli's right?
Speaker 3: Isn't she? Kylie's incorrect?
Speaker 1: On?
Speaker 10: I like that one?
Speaker 6: Tough luck? Okay, all r.
Speaker 3: Let's take one more guest and we get some more songs on Sarah, Hi, hey going, I'm good.
Speaker 6: What's your guess?
Speaker 15: I was thinking they're all English bands, no training American?
Speaker 3: Oh kill it? Sorry, Sarah? All right, keep your guesses coming after these ads. We've got more songs. We've got a song number four, the.
Speaker 1: First O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I tell you a one connection about all the songs that at the moment they all sound brilliant Mustang Sally by the commitments going to that brilliant song by Cold Chisel. All right, I'm ready. Now time has run out. This is my final guest, and I will hand over one hundred dollars to Jason, a head of music. You're trying to guess what the connection is between all the songs in plants is nine? Have they all been sung in a movie?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, I thought I had it. I'm not confused. I was ready to do with lap before. Now I have to be honest. Have there been sung in a TV show?
Speaker 16: Oh, they may well have been, but that's not that's not the missing link.
Speaker 3: Dammit, I've got nothing. Have you got anything?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 5: I don't mind that. The first caller we had This sitter is about weather, but about liquid like bow river, moving water drops poor awesome.
Speaker 3: But then Mustang Mustang Sally commitments.
Speaker 5: I don't know is there another like is there a Mustang river that we don't know about? A Sally damn?
Speaker 16: Sally damn? I think the Google nets out that's the missing laugh said it.
Speaker 3: Oh and okay, Jason, you win for now. But they stood of a half an hour. Great songs to come. All right, let's go to the second song. If you've got any guesses? Nine four one, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Big Audio Dynamite Mick Jones, formerly seen of the Clash on that I love this track. Do you think we'd bad if we edited out that bit where it just breaks down and goes a bit stinky?
Speaker 5: That that track is all gold except for that breakdown and.
Speaker 3: Actually irritates me. And then when they bring it all together and they clash.
Speaker 5: It doesn't sound right, doesn't that.
Speaker 3: Oh it doesn't I don't know if it's bad, isn't it. We shouldn't ever edit an artist's work. You wouldn't like go. I really like the first Harry Potter book. But I'm gonna tell go in a bookshop and just tear ah the middle three chapters. I hate those all right, So time for some guesses now, chasing a head of music? Is here? This the missing link? They're trying to work out what the connection is with all the songs when playing since nine o'clock.
Speaker 6: I'm out. I've got absolutely zero guesses.
Speaker 3: You've got nothing.
Speaker 6: No, No, I reckon this is harder than the first one you did, Jason. Let's take some guesses now, Greg, and.
Speaker 3: Dand and on. I love yours all would have been a better option than Meatloaf the grand Final.
Speaker 5: Greg, that's we could play any song.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's go to Shane in Mornington, Good morning, Shane, Good morning. All right? Then, what do you reckon? It is the missing link connection?
Speaker 8: My guess was that all the artists toured Australia in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: Jason, not, to the best of my knowledge.
Speaker 5: No, I can't think of Death Leopard or even their big audio dynamite.
Speaker 3: No, Shane, not the right answer. Thanks for the guest though. Keith, good morning, Hello, Keith, you're on what do you think it is?
Speaker 13: All the songs mentioned body parts?
Speaker 3: Where on a lady? Is the Mustang? Sally? There? I ask?
Speaker 13: Weeping eyes?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, ah? So what what are some other examples you can think of the songs we've played.
Speaker 13: Pour some sugar on the sticky hands, feet, Oh, drops the Jupiter, there's feet in there.
Speaker 5: Ye dropped a d in your hair as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's it. That's some good thinking there. You're going deep on this, Jason. Is that the right answer?
Speaker 16: I think he's overthinking it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think he's got foot fetish that he's trying to find.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, let's go to Arthur. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 6: What do you reckon it is? What is the missing link connection?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 15: I ring it earlier in the second song and said it was feet and I had to call back and I said it was feet, and I still think it's feet.
Speaker 6: It's feet, it is feet.
Speaker 3: I feel bad now about the Irish guy because he was kind of got an assist.
Speaker 6: There, it's feet, it's fat.
Speaker 5: Where's the where is it in the Madonna song.
Speaker 6: All right, let's play this thing.
Speaker 3: Scarcely did we sleep? You want no ways? Very good looking at the feet.
Speaker 6: Like that usual suspects. Hats off. That is a brilliant one. Hats off music team, Jason.
Speaker 3: That is genius. Arthur.
Speaker 6: You got off to two songs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 6: We're in the producers trying to snub you out, Shane on them.
Speaker 8: Cover up she made be ringing back again.
Speaker 3: I promise you a full investigation.
Speaker 6: This is the she.
Speaker 3: I know who the she is. Come on, this guy got off the two songs. You're a genie, Arthur. You win my one hundred dollars and you also got tickets to go to top end wedding, the feel good romantic comedy of the year. A second.
Speaker 16: That's that's terrific.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Hey listen, well done mate. That's great to get it off to two songs, Very very impressive, Arthur, Well done.
Speaker 6: I have a great weekend.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 3: He's still fuming that he was snubbed out there after two songs. Well down, everyone, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, Midnight Oil Power and The Passion Gone one o four point three Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Thank you very much for everyone who's been trying to take part this hour. In the missing link word onto Arthur, I guess the connection was was feet. I didn't hear any mention a feet in that song. Last thirty seconds it turns into a Batman theme tune.
Speaker 5: That's a five and a half minute song. We almost ran out of time to celebrate your birthday.
Speaker 3: My birthday today, it's Sunday, but we're going to push it.
Speaker 5: I've never heard that. All right, can we quickly bring in your two gifts? You asked for assaulted caramel cake, which we've done. But also because you've never in your life, as a forty six year old man, tried.
Speaker 3: KF forty five until Sunday, please let me hang on to the last precious hours.
Speaker 6: Thanks Brad. Just put those plates down there.
Speaker 5: Then your first ever nibble on some Colonel's eleven secret.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean thank you, I mean, wow, what effort. I haven't had caviat a bit nice, haven't had crystal champagne nice.
Speaker 6: Yes, I have had KFC, but I tell you there.
Speaker 5: Was some effort involved because we had to get them to open early.
Speaker 4: That happened to an early fryar Wow, really.
Speaker 3: What the Richmond KFC had to open up early?
Speaker 5: He had to go all the way in the crown Really yeah, Richmond wouldn't do early.
Speaker 3: I love the fact all the great food they have the Crowns. It's the fried chicken that this show was not Rock Paul.
Speaker 6: We just want the kernels chicken.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, what can I say, guys, I'm humbled by having this chicken in front of me. What a lovely gesture as well, Thank you very very much. What a birthday, I mean, what a time to be alive. Got a drumstick here, that's deep fright. This team thinks so much of me.
Speaker 5: We don't need it all there, get hugging right, you can enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it has it already been to hugging. This is all that's left over, just this one drum stick. Thank you very much, everyone, have a great weekend.
Speaker 6: Title.
Speaker 3: Today's show is Booby Jail
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three