Speaker 1: It's a Christian Condall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I met this really nice sheep.
Speaker 1: On the way.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 4: Color always drives Christian o.
Speaker 1: Connall Show on Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Wednesday morning. It's to Christian O'Connor show. Good morning, Jack, come on in packs good morning. Before we get into today's show, tell me this guy's right. Do you have any kind of to do list that's ongoing? Because grown up life sadly kids, if you're listening right now, grown up life, if you're running towards it as a kid, It's an endless daily to do list, isn't it.
Speaker 5: You cross things off and you think it's just keep.
Speaker 4: More, just dropping and dropping and dropping. Do you have one on your phone? I have the I use the iPhone reminders, but I keep forgetting it to look at the reminders. Okay, but that is where my wife just drives her nuts because I forget to do stuff that I said I would do, and she's all about allocating tasks. Fairly, Patsy, what do you do? Where is your to do list?
Speaker 2: In my notes on my phone and in my diary? I sort of double up?
Speaker 4: You can you tell me? Sound right? Do you mind opening up right now.
Speaker 2: Hang on, I've got to turn my phone on because I turn it off while I'm on here.
Speaker 5: This will discuss you the the thing I use for my to do list?
Speaker 4: What do you use?
Speaker 5: I found one online that say people said this is the best one ever, and then I went to get it and it costs seventy dollars. Oh, come on that that's a ripple.
Speaker 4: What do they do? I'd want someone to do that for me. You can get someone to do with actually anything like a buck.
Speaker 5: It's called things on mac Things seventy bucks. I thought, well, if it makes me more efficient, it's worth what to do. It is the biggest waste of money.
Speaker 4: And comes out and goes back writing I forgot what it drives you there overpowers your car.
Speaker 5: Is the biggest waste of money I've ever spent. I hardly ever go in there.
Speaker 4: And also what is it about the name things which just made it the simplest. Life's complicated enough, So just get the things done to enjoy the great things? Marketing meeting over so on my to do list, right, Patsy, how many items on yours?
Speaker 2: Three today?
Speaker 4: Right? Yeah? Do you mind sharing them? Yeah? Sure?
Speaker 2: So I've got to pick up Audrey's school kilt.
Speaker 4: I pick up your daughter? Was there? Pick up Audrey? Don't really need to do this, pick up a.
Speaker 2: Kilt's school kilt. They keep dry cleaning it wrong every day.
Speaker 4: Were yesterday we heard about the orchards and they're petting zoo. There's at school now they have to wear a kilt. Is she in the highlands in Scotland? Just sent her away somewhere by ship. We'll see you when you're twenty one. We send you off to a very intent Scottish finishing school for young ladies.
Speaker 2: The other thing I've got on my least is she's demanded that we have chicken my chicken curry for dinners like cook curry. So I've got to get this special paste I get at the super much.
Speaker 4: Disorders and demands from your daughter.
Speaker 5: And then I want to wear a kilt and carry.
Speaker 4: For dinner in the kilt.
Speaker 2: And the other one is book flu injection with doctor. I've got to get my floy vaccine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that time of the year, isn't it, do you know? By the wire, if someone told me yesterday they've just been vaccinated, you can go down just get vaccinated.
Speaker 5: The exhibition building.
Speaker 4: Can we show that right?
Speaker 2: No, we've got to be in one A.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what that means that class.
Speaker 2: No, so you've got to be emergency, you know, like high risk workers like a nurse or a doctor or.
Speaker 4: This friend of mine is none of those. He wants an it. It's an important job. But I can't call him frontline of the help desk. I mean, when it goes wrong, they are the frontline. But even he would go, we're not on the front line. But he's been vaccinated and he's not over fifty.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fair. Is he high risk though he hasn't got diabetes or anything like that.
Speaker 4: No, he just went around to was it Jeff Shed?
Speaker 2: Jeff shedd?
Speaker 4: You just said you go down there and get vaccinatee when Jeff is now doing it in Shed. Come on, sort it out. I'll take you through my to do list next christ.
Speaker 1: You o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 4: This is my to do list right, three items? Like you, Patsy, my wife's to do list. She's got eighteen items.
Speaker 5: There's an imbalanced thing. She's doing more chores than you.
Speaker 4: I asked to see it the other day at number one is cool? Michelle her eyelash lady.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's always number one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, number one. Cool, Michelle said, I could easy fit out my three with drive to work, park the car at work, get in the lift, chant to sue the boss, call the other boss who never returns my calls. I could easily get to eighteen like that.
Speaker 5: But don't you sometimes put things on your to do list like that so that you tick off a few easy ones and it's like, all right now I'm getting to.
Speaker 4: Let's go get out of big arnies. To do list here, it's just stuff like read, sit on backside, stare out window. Anyway, the big thing on here for me is measure the oven. Now you might think, oh, you're gonna measure it them by No, I'm to measure the oven and report back to my boss, my wife, she will make the purchase and decisions. That's what runs in our company slash family. Trouble is, though, measuring the oven isn't just easy one those it's it sits on the floor. You all know what a kickboard is. Yes, right, this overn was in the house when we what's the word moved in? I don't know why. Yes, I woke up one day in someone else's house kickboard, moving in, become familiar with the moving in process. It's also it's early.
Speaker 5: Do you guys have that here in some way?
Speaker 4: You know, you go into another another place with wolves. So this oven that was there we moved into the house. Right, this oven, it's now it's on its last legs. Okay, there's a terrible rattling noise that's been going on for months that now is getting louder and louder and louder. And I thought I'd better open the door when it's making this right no noises. It was. The grill is now hanging off, you know, it's falling in. I don't think it's much more before it just blows up. Right, But it's the kickboard. I don't know whether the oven is sat on something like a plint, or it goes behind the kickboard to the floor.
Speaker 5: Sometimes the kickboard is just something at the front, so it's not actually sitting on it.
Speaker 4: Jery's call it what it is, a facade. I've always wanted to say that word in context. Forty eight I've arrived. I hit peak life. I've just used a grown up word like facade in the right. Yeah, And I don't know how to put it away, to see behind the facade, like ap peering behind the colonel of the Wizard of Oz at mister rave and are you there or is it a plint that it would sit on?
Speaker 5: I reckon, the oven's got to town feet onto the floor and the kickboard is just a facade.
Speaker 4: But how am I going to find this out? Hence why I'm nervous about the measurement process ordering a new oven and it being the completely wrong size. You can't send it back, can't you? You can't put an oven in your car, drive it tors post and try and fit it in that metallic bit imagine a poor postage and that with you on his shoulder and that little bike.
Speaker 5: So could you crowba the kickboard off?
Speaker 4: You've got crow bar?
Speaker 5: I can bring a crowbar in?
Speaker 4: Have you've got crowbar? What have you got crowbar for?
Speaker 5: Just in case you need a crowbars something?
Speaker 4: What do you need a crowbar for? You don't work in the trades industry? Of no business with the crowbar.
Speaker 5: The crowbar I have actually was handed down to me by my dad.
Speaker 4: Oh it's a generational crowbar family crow bar. Actually, could you bring in the crowbar tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Yes, but it has sentimental value to me, remember, so you have.
Speaker 4: To try to throw it in there for fun.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast earlier.
Speaker 4: How life is just that, It's just a constant kind of to do list, isn't it. You'll got to do this summer, whether it's in your head and you can remember what's on your to do list, or whether you put it on your phone and you try and tick off the items. And at the moment there are just three things on my to do list on the phone. There's there's one big thing which is just filling me with more dread than anything in my life right now, and that is measure the oven. And I know it might sound really basic, like how dumb is this pomme that you can't even get a tape messire out and measure the oven. The thing is the oven. I can't see its feet, all right, it's behind we've establishers behind it, the kickboard that acts as a kind of facade. All right, if you just tuned in, stay with okay, I need you out. I don't know whether there's a couple of cheeky little feet hidden the other side of the facade. Slash kickboard, or it's just sat on some kind of plint, like the oven is like some kind of giant microwave. You slot it in and out. Yeah, okay, yeah, all right. People have called in. I didn't ask anyone to call in, but people have called in trying to help me out because you're nice people, and I'm struggling right now, Josh, Good morning, Josh. Well I'm struggling, Josh. How can he help me?
Speaker 6: Mate?
Speaker 7: Well, you shouldn't really need a croobio unless you want to destroy it. Just from experience. I'm a capeter. I'm not a cabinet maker, but from experience a point in the park cabinets you should only need a drill just there and do some screws that they're hidden behind some stickers.
Speaker 4: Can I just say case people were tuned in, I wasn't going to go the crowbar way, Jack Post said, what you need here? What you need here is a crowbar. Okay, thank god, Josh. You've called in some kind of intervention right now? Or I actually I might have demonister.
Speaker 5: Actually, the more I think about it, do you want to put the kickboard back? After the new oucome of good point? Don't use the krobah.
Speaker 4: Because Josha stepped in here. So Josh, what what should I do then? With the screwdriver and the drill.
Speaker 7: Well, there should only be little stickers to hide the screws so you don't see screws on the inside of the cabinet. So you just peel off the sticker and you should be able to undo all those screws and pull the whole kick her off and then you can put it back on once you measured it.
Speaker 4: All right, But the kickboard is like, I don't know, six or seven feet long. I can just pull it out.
Speaker 7: It could be done in sections, or you might have to pull the whole thing off.
Speaker 6: Just the check.
Speaker 4: This is one continuous thing. There are no separate sections to this. I went on my hands and he's just saying side feeling it. I hopeing not care. Trapped door, Yeah, got on the other side of it. How do I get my out of here? You know that chat? Yes about secret doors? Josh like that one?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: Josh, thanks you help though, and I have a look okay for these secret screws. No, thank you. Don't bring the crowbar in tomorrow. Okay, that's a big thing. We've learnt from that.
Speaker 8: Michelle, good morning, good morning, How are you. I'm good, Michelle hoping, yes, having just done this twice, just recently won our rental property in one in their house. I'm very familiar with this, and I exhausted all options before I took to the crowbar myself.
Speaker 9: But as it turned out, as it turned out, well, you need the Phillips head screwdriver, and underneath there are two screws, one on either side of the kickboard, and the whole thing just removed. And then your oven magically is on feet. Every oven is on feet, apparently so that you can have it as a bench high did giggle?
Speaker 4: Used today? Yesterday? Used today? I googled free standing ovens. They exist?
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely, Soluly they do. And our friend of ours works for a big supply company, and I got two new ovens, very different, very different sizes. Also, the inside of your oven measures differently to the outside.
Speaker 4: Of your oven perpet two for running.
Speaker 9: For rental property, one for ovental copy, and the two different sized ovens. So you know, isn't it says nine hundred, It might not be nine hundred inside it might only be eight hundred and twenty.
Speaker 5: You wife, my.
Speaker 4: Wife give me this hellish task. It might not be nine hundreds. Why would they do that?
Speaker 9: Because the exterior is nine hundred, but the internal oven cooking space can only be eight at sometimes eight hundred. So you want a true nine hundred oven. That's what you need to.
Speaker 8: Ask for Google, true nine hundred oven.
Speaker 5: It seems like a risky thing to purchase online.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't purchase it online. I'd go and look at them. Yeah yeah, because you need to decide how many.
Speaker 4: Go oven shopping this weekend.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, you're gonna love it. It's just going to be a I mean, you.
Speaker 4: Set foot in those showrooms, those shots come out, don't they. You know I can help you, certainly, you see that wide eyed, sweaty, nervous. Let me guide you through it, sir. Now this is the basic one, but this one, yea. And certainly your jack in the bean store, can't you sold the house? Come up with these magic beans? Are the cookie?
Speaker 9: Make sure you've had your breakfast before you go. You'll be there a while.
Speaker 4: Well that's my Saturday TikTok folks. All right, Michelle, this has actually been very helpful.
Speaker 9: Oh good, I'm really placed that the true nine true yeah, true nine hundred ovens for internal for cooking.
Speaker 4: I think even if I drop that in with the sales guys, you don't know that I'm another guy. He won't be to rip me off, buddy, because I know what true nine hundred ische. Thank you very much for the pro tips.
Speaker 9: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Take it by the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Loads of emails came in since yesterday's show, all about the topic of school sports trauma. Because this kind of trauma affects everyone. It's a global thing. If you went to school, you'll have some kind of trauma very deep in your hurt locker. It would be about one specific incident. What is it about. I'm guessing like sports teachers these days they all seen really nice people, right. You've met them at the at uder school, haven't you? And I met them at a girls' school. They're very different people. It's like they actually chose that as a vocation. The people that taught me at school appeared to have I don't know, like they were just this was not the life they chose themselves, and they actually hated not just kids, but.
Speaker 5: Mankind lpe teacher was ex army way he actually started, you stand like this, or you stand like this, and you would go up and down the road.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're just like privates on brain. Oh one, you remember the old meter stick, right, he snapped in half and had it rounded off an d and would have it under his arm, tucked under his arm, right like a colonel mite. I think he still thought he was in the army and we were recruits. We're just children, sir. Okay, So this morning, have you got a story, a very specific story what's in the hurt looker about school sports trauma? Some of these emails are incredible. This is from Grant Christianist. At primary school in the eighties. We would have a weekly swimming lesson in winter in an unheated outdoor Paul. We would have to go through the cold shower, also outside to acclimatize before going in again. This is not happening in this decade, is it? You know? It screams eighties. Once on arrival, we pulled back the covers only for us to see a dead hedgehog floating about. He made us scoop it up and then sent us in again swimming, saying it was character building. That's something Grant Christian My school sports trauma is is to do purely with the psychotic pe teacher taught you. It was a massive unit of a guy six foot five, ex military let's us call him mister John. First time we ever met him in our first year was to be greeted by him inside the gym holding a rounders bat covered in blood. When one of the kids asked what happened, he simply replied, rats, that was it. He terrified everyone. If he ever took in a note to try to excuse you from pe, he would just say, you're fit enough to clean the gutters then, and that's exactly what you would do, clean the gutters. Christian, I say again, absolutely unit of a bloke, but one who gained everyone's respect really fast. I saw him a few years back in the supermarket. You just heard that air about of a man that could switch at any time, so I avoided the aisle. He was, thank you very much, Matthew Pert. That's very good, Christian. My school sports trauma set the scene. It was a few years ago. There was a bit of tough love that was allowed. It was all considered second use of this word this morning character building. I was a repeat offender. Forgetting my kit and got my trainers. So I was sent like you to the lost property and all fine was two trainers for a left foot, but none for right. So I went back to tell the pe teacher, Ah, there's nothing I can do. There's only two of the left foot. Back I went, he told me to go get them. I had to do run in two left trainers. They weren't even the same size. I never forgot my trainers after this episode, Ashley turn out, these are great stories.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: School Sports Trauma one in Christian. My school sports trauma still gives me shivers today involves forgetting my uniform. A new rule was brought in one day when I forgot those students we thought it was acceptable to turn up without their sports kit. From now on would still do sports, but with their school uniform worn inside out is cruel. There was nothing more bounce, and I have to wear I checked school dress with the pockets flapping like from wings and the size tag there for all to see. I still hate missus d for doing this. It only happened to me once and I never got my school sports outfit after that because of what happened. You're still traumatized, Kathy. This is unbelievable. My sports teacher, Christian, taught me how to swim by attaching a long pole to the back of my trunks and dragging me through the water.
Speaker 10: What.
Speaker 4: No, that is not a way to teach anyone to swim. With signs off here. It didn't work, of course it didn't. Some of the calls we've heard the last twenty minutes we cannot put on air. I heard Jack saying him on them tell Christian story. But we like child that we can't have that on air. We have some kind of codes and practices on the show. All right, let's go to the few calls we can actually put to air, and even some of these are questionable. No wonder our generation drink so much. He saw this trauma. Rebecca, Good morning, Good morning, Hell are you? I'm good? So let's go back to school days and school sports. What happened?
Speaker 11: I think it was back in ninety one. We were doing our sports down in the gym and one of the we were running around and one of the kids hurt himself and he said to the teacher, I've hurt my leg. You know, truly saw it. She said, suck it up and deal with it. So he's done that, and then he continued. We continue doing PE. And then when we when he came in the following day, his leg was in a cast and we're like, what the hell happened? He goes, I broke my leg in PE, and so the teacher said, suck it up, and yeah, he bufted his leg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did not accept interest, did they did not care. I don't even think said they had first aid kits, you know, as you found out yesterday. Rebecca, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: You cool.
Speaker 4: Have a good day, you too.
Speaker 11: See you guys, Billy.
Speaker 4: Good morning, I'm good Billy. Welcome to the show. Quick counter Belly. Then we get into it, guys, Belly, what's your story from us? What have been at school? Sports? Mate?
Speaker 12: Well, this is back in the late eighties, you know. So it was a eight eighty nine and we were in the basketball courts before p and was like kind of like silent time, you know. And if you is there anything from one of our teachers, you would get a basketball to the head.
Speaker 4: What do you mean to the head thrown at you?
Speaker 12: Thrown at you?
Speaker 6: Literally?
Speaker 4: Well, and why are you allowed to dodge it. Listen to that Tormentors.
Speaker 12: And know I was was full on. So certainly you're just reading a book. Next minute you're on the ground.
Speaker 4: Wow, we belly, thank you very much. You cool. Just remind you these are the ones we can actually put to wear. There are worse that we've turned away. Peter, right, I'm good. Peter. You're the one with the javelin. We've actually had a in song meeting about whether we should put this one to air. But let's let's hear the Jovian story, Beter, just quickly.
Speaker 6: I was the third of three boys, so I had two older brothers which spent their high school years giving the per teacher the actually rods and his name was mister Bows and Bose. The clown was popular back then, and my first my first day at school, pleer, I got the young kid and I just basically called him mister. I called him poso, and we happen to be doing the javelin toss at the time, and he decided that I would be the one to go pick up the javelins that had been thrown, but he sort of kept a feedback and while I was out there, I spent most of my time picking him up, dodging the javelins who was throwing at me.
Speaker 4: There's a fine between psychotic behavior and attempted murder.
Speaker 6: What he was, he was pretty full on those.
Speaker 4: Throwing space in the air at young kids because you're two older brothers and you called him the clown first. Yeah, zero tolerance. He's going to stand it out there.
Speaker 6: I spent a lot of time dodging after that.
Speaker 4: The javelin throw its lap term. Yeah, but anyways, like a man dictated and throwing them all right, Peter, thank you very much for the Chaplin story.
Speaker 1: No more caols now, christ you'connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jack has been getting into chess seventeen hours a week.
Speaker 5: You're playing online at least? Yeah, I watched The Queen's Gambit. Everybody loved The Queen's Gambut on Netflix, but I took it one step further and now it has become a complete obsession of mine. Jack's Gambit according to screen time, I played seventeen hours last week.
Speaker 4: This is great. So last week I send a Jack, you haven't actually played against a physical person?
Speaker 5: No, I just played the app.
Speaker 4: So I said, would you be up for if I found a listener of your equivalent level for you to have your first game encounter, and I've got someone for you, a mystery person, Yeah, would be revealed in the next hour before that. Then it's Wednesday, right the middle of the week. Are you guys winning or losing your week so far? Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 2: I think I must be losing because I got suckered in it the supermarket last night to buy our nine year old some Manilla folders for school, like more stationary.
Speaker 4: Getting from the cupboard hair. Have you've seen them? Right? There's like way too much that. Who is using Millilla folders at a radio station? You know those top of the hour things Huggy does at nine o'clock. They all got me filed away, you know.
Speaker 2: No, if people didn't know, my husband works for Office Works, so we already look like we've got an office works in our office. At home, we've got post it nights coming out of our ears and some of that I.
Speaker 4: Imagine, like Chris is like a kiosk right and in there he's got like, you know, all brand new amazing stuff that isn't even out of the shells yet, like a whole new level of like you know, when They don't even bring out the new map books of like the future of lever Arch files that we don't even know about yet that they can do with it.
Speaker 2: It's like an Aladdin's Caves. You open the wardrobe door and it's post it notes and pens and sharpies. Christian, it'd be a dream for you.
Speaker 4: I don't think if you want for office works you have to sort of store it at home.
Speaker 5: Are you outing him with someone who's stealing from work?
Speaker 4: What are you saying.
Speaker 2: He's taking it to clients all the new products?
Speaker 5: Well, why does it have to sit in his in his cupbo.
Speaker 2: Because is on the road. He's a WREA.
Speaker 4: But he's not opening his car boot and they're going more about this post it.
Speaker 2: If they actually do, Yes, he does, his.
Speaker 4: Cargoes meet around the back of the car. The car boot looks around under the spare wheel post it notes contraband half price to you retail, two dollars.
Speaker 10: For you one do.
Speaker 13: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just like bursting at the scenes with Stationary and I got sucking into buying more, like that's what we need.
Speaker 4: Can I just go to Chris's secret supplying cupboard is Smash and get some of that.
Speaker 2: These were special. These were like bronze colored folders and she just had to have them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jackie Boy, winning or losing the week?
Speaker 5: I'm winning actually because I went to the dentist yesterday. Usually the reason that you would be losing the week. But my dentist has put in a TV on his ceiling.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't know this was a thing. I had to go last week. And there's it's no longer in front of you. Wheel don't it's on the ceiling.
Speaker 5: Oh, you've got it as well. I have such a nomalty. They put you in those ugly sunglasses and you wheel back and then I'm watching Channel nine. I'm watching a TV show about kids getting their driver's license while he's cleaning away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and did you find it more relaxing having it on the scene and in front of you?
Speaker 5: I found it so distracting from you know, the thing that he's putting in your mouth.
Speaker 4: I don't even They just talk about you in the dentist's chair like you're not not there. It's that a conversation. It's always that guy or lady behind his shoulder, right, it's sort of nods when you're going, and then there you go clues or nine or they do L five A clues or on that they're just talking code, aren't they. One you're just sort of sat there. And that horrible thing is that one where they put the hoover in. There's that miniature pickaxe that that thing just oh when they start chipping away filling.
Speaker 5: See I like the hoover thing that sucks up. Yeah, why because that means you don't have to swallow. That's what they.
Speaker 2: Doesn't like swallowing sensation though, don't you like you need to but you know you can't.
Speaker 5: I like the vacuum. The worst bit for me is that awkward moment when you were in the ugly sunglasses. You got your little bib on and you have to crunch up and drink the little flavored water.
Speaker 4: If you have a feeling and you've got no sensation, it just it just pours out and they just have your face.
Speaker 5: It's a very vulnerable moment.
Speaker 4: I wonder where we could ever start a hipster trend of buying, you know, those ugly sunglasses they've got and actually weighing them around town. When Summer's.
Speaker 1: Christianconnell Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 4: Show, I'm I'm losing a week if I'm really honest, right, there's two things that I've got going on the other day for second time the last couple of months, my oldest daughter hadn't backed up on her laptop a big school project. She's sixteen, so she's doing like these big essays like two thousand words or some like that. They keeps saying, you've got to back it up. So it's now my job to be in charge of both of my daughter's laptops and how they back up their work to some kind of backup device, you know, when you lean too hard or something. I was lecturing them like, you know, I've written amic and I can't lose chas and then they went, can you sort out how we back it up to a cloud? And I went.
Speaker 5: The fact that you're the I in these terrifying for everyone.
Speaker 4: Those two people are now going to foil their education. And I did the old it isn't for me to fix everything, qush it back, and then we're going, actually, this kind of thing it is, you know, cybersecurity, And now I've taken it on and going, I don't know, is it too much to bring their laptops in and get you know, the team here just to back up those as well to the gold cloud. I mean, what are the songs backs up on? I mean, what do you back up stuff?
Speaker 5: I think it does it automatically. Yeah, time machine has called on a mech is it?
Speaker 4: I don't really know how I noticed. If I asked Jack of follow up question, it's always I'm not really sure. Actually, Patsy, are you backing up the news?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 4: Have you got to say for the last thirty five years of news and probable all I have.
Speaker 2: I'm so old school. I have a hard copy of my news in case my computer crashes. That's my backup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need to know what I don't even know what cloud to do it with these days. There's too many different clouds, isn't There's a Google one, the Apple one, and then they fight it out in the cloud for dominance today. Then there's the ask Zeneka one or that. The other thing that I've taken on, which is like, I don't even know where to start. Right My fourteen year old Orter Lowis said, I want to do some voluntary work right on. It's one great and they go, what do you want to do? Because I think and there's there iss places you can go and help out for free. She goes, I want to help out an animal shelter. That's trying to think. I said, right, okay, you know what you're like, where do you even where? I don't even know where are animal shelters. I don't even know where to begin. Is there like a long wait in this or be with a one to volunteer at animal sheltering. It's great thing that she wants to do, but I started to google it yesterday and I don't even know want.
Speaker 5: I think one thing you can do is go to the pound and take the dogs for a walk, because otherwise they don't get walked.
Speaker 4: So that's just roll up there and go. I've got I mean, I've got dogs. So I just turn up with some of my leads and just start, you know, open up the chain, mel fence, do set your dogs a wall. Today you have a have a coffee bak because this one's on me to just go to right the verification start every week she's volunteering. So yeah, I've just sawt it out myself. Finally, just roll up here, take the dogs out for a walk, start rapping the fence. It's two thousand dogs don't go there's a mass breakout as ill charge at a fence. I don't think you just roll up to the dog pad. If anyone can help me out about animal shelters that do you take kids on for volunteer work and stuff like that. She really wants to do so if anyone can help me, shoot me an email. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot a youth.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday evening I saw on Channel seven there was a big sort of two it epic. It was beautifully done, all these various Olympic highlights. It was like an advert for the twenty twenty one Tokyo Olympics, which is the midpoint of July, and obviously it's going to be last year, and we know why it got moved to this year, and it was it was like it's two minute. It was like a mini movie. There were so many highlights off then cath Freeman, but various highlights from various summer Olympics from all over the world and that, and it was so beautifully done about the Olympics and what it is to see these people you meet, these people who become household names you didn't really know of before. And it made me really excited about the Olympics. So I went online to see how close is that? It's eighty six days to go until the Olympics, and then I saw this article about five new sports. You know they always do the new five new sportsmen and I did not know this. This is good news for Australia. I think surfing is it? This is stacked in your favor Australia Team GB don't even mother taking a team out there. You ever tried to surf anywhere on the Ukka? There are some good beaches and stuff like that, but you guys, you must be a walk in a shoeing to get a medal on that. I didn't know surfing. I didn't know how would they how would they judge it? Or how did you gold? Silver bronze?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: I always think that about surfing is how do you win anything?
Speaker 4: Like? You just? I mean you how long you stay out? I don't really know how that is? It is it weight categories they've got that. Now is time for the light heavyweight surface right now. I don't know how they do it. It's surfing, skateboarding.
Speaker 5: I did know skateboarding was having.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing that. I was remember there was uproar around the world when it was announced that bmxing was making its debut I think at London twenty twelve, but I went to watch it was absolutely brilliant. So they've got surfing, skateboarding, sport climbing. What's that climbing up a fifty football as quickly as you can. Look, that's tough.
Speaker 5: We can do it, Spot, it's really a sport.
Speaker 4: Even the name. They couldn't call it climbing. You know, you've got to put sport climbing in in case we'll go climbing.
Speaker 5: Is that a sport. Yeah, it's in the name spot clumb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, read it. Okay, it says what it is, sport climb. Must have called it Olympic really tough climbing. Karate's there time. Kwondo has been at the Olympics for a couple of Olympics. Now now karate's there, and then softball and baseball.
Speaker 5: I thought they were already in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too as well, so they're there as well. So the thing is right with all this excited about the Olympics, and I love watching any Olympics. Right, if you're an armchair sports enthusiasts, is great. You've got all these different sports and some of them people you've got no real vested interest, but you find yourself there in the afternoon or early in the evening because this is something amazing about seeing it. Does anyone know anyone who will be representing Australia come July, whether they're mums and dad's very proud grandparents, it might be a mate of a mate. I'd love to find over the next couple of weeks some people who are going to be going out there that we can all watch when the Olympics is on TV and get excited about. So if you do know anyone, it might be your son or your daughter who's getting ready. He's about to have the jab. I saw the impacts he's news today. Please shoot me an email. I'd love to get to know some of the future stars of the Olympics, or just people that we can really get behind out no matter how they get on. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Now we said all that about sport climbing, I know the first email we're going to get is someone who does sport climbing. Who's really annoyed with what we just said?
Speaker 1: Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, we were doing three top at Tuesday, we do three phone ins at the same time, and one of the topics was about secret rooms. Have you been in a secret room? We got this great story from Shari talking about seeing something extraordinary at the Crown, which wasn't just about secret room. It's also about our.
Speaker 15: Secret door fell I painted and from behind the bar. I don't know what they did, whether they pushed a button or whatever, but the wall behind me sweet open and it was like secret Service agents all came out with the little curly ear plugs and picked him up and took him through and the door closed again like within minutes.
Speaker 4: Amazing, right, And a couple of emails came in after that phone cool yesterday confirmed they had also seen new of the secret door at the Crown. There just various hidden partitions and doors opening up and people being we're not whiskedaway, isn't the right thing, I'm sure being tended to. Okay, the Crown's got enough going at the moment without anymore allegations, but just secret doorways and partitions. So this morning, I want to know about secret doors and doorways. It's the stuff of It's just of a child and Harry Potter stories and En you're blind about secret bookcases that you press and the revolve and Batman had one.
Speaker 5: As a kid, I wanted so badly to have a secret door somewhere in the house that I asked, Mum, can we have a secret door? And I imagine the same thing, a bookcase pushed aside and we'd walk into another room or a fireplace to turn around. Mum got this old screen door and put propped it up against the fence in between the fence and the side of the house and said, oh, now you can move the screen door and go down the side of the house.
Speaker 4: How simple does she think you were listen to.
Speaker 5: The secret door? No, I want the bookcase to turn around.
Speaker 4: When I was lucky enough once to be invited to something a functionate bucking and panas right, and we're all waiting for Queen need to turn up in this massive kind of state banquet room. It was just huge, ripe and suddenly these footmen arrived and it was like, oh, the Queen's coming. But she didn't arrive that way. She fooled everyone. Literally a door opened, right, and she just literally it was war war war wall and that of the queen. The wall opened the middle of the wall, and the Queen materialized through it, and then it sort of disappeared and it sealed back up, and you couldn't see the joint. You couldn't see the joint. And then when she sort of waved goodbye, she fell through trap door. Trap door, I made up again, Patsy, you have ever seen a secret door?
Speaker 2: I was in New York once with a girlfriend and we set one day aside on our trip to go and get some fake designer bags in Chinatown in the excuse me, everyone's.
Speaker 4: Gary, Gary, Guckie, George MNOs.
Speaker 2: There's a process that you have to abide by, right because when you go there, they've got police officers on these little.
Speaker 4: Machines dressed up as they're okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that as well is undercover cops, like it's a big industry.
Speaker 4: Prisons in America are overcrowded with ten years of hard labor, san quent and maximum security prison for buying Dodgy Louis.
Speaker 5: Every second Law and Order episode is n y PD.
Speaker 4: Special handbags, Unit City City throw the book at people like you.
Speaker 2: Town Hall at the time was doing this big crackdown, trying to push in. They were trying to push it down.
Speaker 4: These Gary Bill.
Speaker 2: Was because in all the papers anyway, there's a process that you have to go by. So they have these blokes standing on the corners in Chinatown. You avoid eye contact, but they're obvious. They're just standing there and they've got walkie talkies. So you go up to them.
Speaker 4: Avoid talkies. Bogan's be coming coming Australia.
Speaker 2: You've got to say what you want, so it might be Louis Bouton sort of under your breath, Louis Vuton.
Speaker 4: Because they've got monitoring devices.
Speaker 2: They've got ear plugs and walkie talkies anyway, So then you put your life in their hands. You have to follow these strangers right down the street. They disappear into a lane way. You follow them and we're like looking at one another, thinking is this safe? And then you walk up what appears to be a solid brick wall at the end of this lane way and you think, what is here? No, I'm serious, Jack, this actually happened. He talks on his walkie talkie and then Suddenly the wall slides to the side, a brick wall.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes you can. I just ask a quick question. Had you been drinking?
Speaker 2: No not at that stage.
Speaker 4: It was in the morning, right, Okay, the wall they just move a wall, It moved.
Speaker 2: There was a special magic door. It moved to the side, and there it was all this tackiness and plasticness of fake bags, cash only. I think I've got about three.
Speaker 5: Card Town Hall would be looking.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Daily Bugles, The Christian O'Connell show podcast, Lee, Good morning, Good morning, Good morning Lee. Okay we're talking about secret doors.
Speaker 17: Yes. When I was back in London, there was in the Tape Modern Gallery we were asked to build walls in front of the concrete walls that were already there as secret tunnels, so that when or if there was ever an emergency or a fire or anything like that, the paintings can quickly be taken down, taken through these tunnel ways, down the stairs and into an underground storage area.
Speaker 4: This is amazing. Yeah, I mean it's some one of the world's most famous art galleries. I don't know the secret tunnels that you've built. I would always think if anything ever got stolen the first people I'd speak to were the people that built the secret tunnels, and you always that have got.
Speaker 5: Those, you didn't keep it key for yourself.
Speaker 4: Look back up. Unfortunately not so other tunnels also to bring like all this fine art which is worth you know, millions, some of it, you know, you kind of it's not even value like Van goes. Is that so that like new exhibits are just brought in via the secret tunnels? Because I guess you never see like double parked outside with the hazard lights on, big old enterprise rental van with two guys you know and coveralls this case, make sure to bring a van gofo in you can't have that. It's going to go to the secret.
Speaker 17: Tunnel exactly right, Yeah, that's exactly what it was for. So yeah, to move the art so it can be yeah, unseen.
Speaker 4: This is how they do it. And so is this what you do for a living? Build secret partitions and walls and tunnels?
Speaker 17: No, no, no, I I'm a carpenter. We just the company I work for just got the contractor to do it.
Speaker 4: This is brilliant. What a gig. All right, thank you very much. A coolie. All right, let's get into this then, So last week Jack told us about his new passion, which is chess.
Speaker 5: Yes, I watched the Queen's Gambit and then downloaded chess dot Com app where I can play against people all over the world. And I have been playing up to seventeen hours a week on the chess app.
Speaker 4: And this is amazing because chess is a very hard game. It's a game of strategy and skill and subterfuge and oh yeah there's subterfuge there as well. Yeah, And so seventeen hours a week, it's something you will enjoy as well.
Speaker 5: I every bit of spare time in the day, I will get on the chest. App Yank is starting to hate it because I don't do doing way less chores around the house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can imagine you seventeen hours a week, seven days a week. We can all do the maths here. There's plates and like dust and everything every part of up.
Speaker 5: And it's one of those things if you're playing somebody live in a different country, you can't stop the game because then it's unfair to that person.
Speaker 4: So once i'm int you played recently, you know it might be barrying Venezuela.
Speaker 5: I've played someone in Panama yesterday.
Speaker 4: Wow away and what do you know? Just a code name like themeister General.
Speaker 5: We all got code names.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's yours?
Speaker 5: Mine's Greg Internet. If anyone wants to look me up and play against.
Speaker 4: Greg Internet, I don't know what. No, there's got to be I know you, you think it.
Speaker 5: All, but it's not Internet. It's not a clever name.
Speaker 4: It's just well we know Greg Internet. Right anyway? So I asked chat last week, what do you be up for if I was to find someone who's a standard for your first ever live game.
Speaker 5: Yep, you get like a handicap almost. You get a rating. You start at twelve hundred, and then you either go up and down whether you're good or band. And I've moved down to about a nine hundred to one thousand player.
Speaker 4: Right, I found someone same level as you for your first game in here tomorrow morning. So last week I mentioned this and I got a load of emails from people who were up for doing this, and I've kind of sort of forgotten about it, and the next day show came along and I just I just forgot until on Thursday I got an amazing email that really brought this back into our life. I've even set up a secret, covert WhatsApp group with the other producers so I could share it with them. I created the WhatsApp group to share this email. Right, but you, Siria, was the first respond I could see all the others. You know this the little ghosty thing with their writing writing, right, but everyone's so excited. He actually said, I can't breathe so so exciting.
Speaker 5: It can just be so.
Speaker 4: You wait to stay with it, Jackie boy. So your opponent yesterday we played this out to Okay, this is this is who's coming in tomorrow morning to play Jack his first game of chess.
Speaker 3: Hi, Jack, this is a chess challenger. I'm ready to go toe to toe rook to work with you. Your ranking is more step best, so maybe I shall be leaningent. Come start training your forty eight hours. When I'm done with you, all the chest horses and all your chest friends won't be able to put jack posts together.
Speaker 4: Chillie. Yeah. And so I gave you a riddle at the end of yesterday's show. I said, they say in chess that the hardest opponent you can ever face is yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which made me gives my brother or maybe my dad. But you said that that's not them.
Speaker 4: Okay, are you ready to meet your new, first ever real life chest nemesis.
Speaker 5: I am ready and excited.
Speaker 4: Okay, your nemesis has a brand new voicemail for you.
Speaker 3: Hi Jack, this is a just challenger and teams twenty four hours. I'll be on rook to work with you in the good old fashioned game of chess. I'm gonna show no mercy. So I hope you've been practicing because you're going down.
Speaker 5: So good luck.
Speaker 13: Jack.
Speaker 5: Get ready to.
Speaker 18: Be beaten by twelve year old I'm Jack traffic Milne. It's Jack versus Jack. Get ready, Rocks will rumble.
Speaker 4: You like.
Speaker 5: I'm going to play a child.
Speaker 4: Now you understand the excitement that I can't breathe an email from a twelve year old boy. Cool Jack, So you will play Jack.
Speaker 5: And he's already trash talking. I feel like he's already got a psychological edge.
Speaker 4: So now let's hear it back without the voice diskuis, Hi Jack, this is.
Speaker 18: A chess challenger. I'm ready to go toe to toe Rook to rock with you. Your ranking is modust at best, so maybe I shall be lenient. Come start training your forty eight hours when I'm done with you, all the chess horses and all your chest friends won't be able to put Jack posts together again? Is Jack get ready to be beaten by twelve year old I'm Jack Driffic Milne. It's check versus Jack get Ready.
Speaker 4: It is. It is on my friends tomorrow morning. It is on when Jack will play Jack.
Speaker 5: Brooks will rumble. Got my I did not want to lose to a twelve year old.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, tomorrow morning, seven am the rook rumble Tony, I'm going one A four point three and we have a theme tune. Start to sing everyone, Yes, I'll hear the now just come just come party hey once more? Yes, no party like, yes, just come party.
Speaker 5: So what he's writing? Can you tell me he's writing?
Speaker 4: Tomorrow morning at seven am, Jack will play Jack Rooks a rumble.
Speaker 1: Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 4: Every Wednesday, we did the week Claim to Fame and we look for your weakest claim to fame and we always say no claim to fame is ever two week.
Speaker 18: There's no business like show business.
Speaker 1: My uncle went to school week Freddy Murcury in Heliah.
Speaker 11: When you two toured in the nineties, I got to wash their security guards, and I didn't have my.
Speaker 14: Glasses on and I thought someone was.
Speaker 15: Waiting at me so way back.
Speaker 9: But when I got quote as it was a careful cut out.
Speaker 4: Of brick Norman Christian O'Connell's weakest claims to fame. All right, up and grabs down. Whenever you could be winning one thousand dollars for our Cooller of the Week spot rises some greater very week claims to fame. We have Villa Cinema's gold class passes. Hugh Jackman sat on the bottot of my car and dented it with his bum. The car died still having Wolverines bump printing it. Katherine Clark, that's almost too good, really, Sarah Stevens. The company I work for has an office in Brisbane. The Melbourne Storm legend Cam Smith's dad. Then I've never met him. That's exactly what we're looking for. That is our gold standard on this. I printed Diesel's wedding invites which were picked up by Jimmy Barnes. Never got to say hello, Barnes, he's running Errands Diesel. Who knew? All right? Then let's go to lines nine four one O four three Your week claim to fame. What is your weakest claim to fame? Nine four one one four three, Corina, let's kick off this morning with you Morning Christian.
Speaker 19: My week claim to fame is that at my school swimming sports, I hip and shouldered basketball great Andrew Gays.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Why did you do it?
Speaker 19: I didn't actually know that I've done it. I'm blind as a bat without glasses, so I swam my rais without glasses. I handed them to my sister. I got out the other end and clearly realized that no one else was there. I must have come dead last. Panicked, ran to the side to try and find my sister, bumped into someone and just kind of reeled off him. And when I got to my sister, she caught my arm and said, do you know what you did? And essentially I got out of the pool, panicked and sopping, wet, hip and child. And Andrew Gay bounced off him and just kept going who.
Speaker 4: He works also as a lifeguard at the local.
Speaker 19: Wreck He was good friends with our science teacher, right.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, still still teacher.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to their swim par.
Speaker 4: Bring along mates, so it's an easy way to catch up, you know, while they running by the ball. Sorry, I look.
Speaker 19: Until I thought about this story, I didn't realize and it was an old girls school too, So I don't want to go.
Speaker 17: Into that piece.
Speaker 4: That's not that's not for so many reasons. Okay, Karina, thank you very much your story of a good day.
Speaker 19: Thanks you too.
Speaker 4: We move on, Tim, Tim Ohi Christian, thanks Jimmy, Hey Tim, Tim, what have you got for us? Your weakest claim to fame?
Speaker 16: My weakest claim to fame is I was cut off by Jeff Finnick in Chef Melbourne in traffic.
Speaker 4: In traffic, Yeah you don't you do you want to be flipping the birds to three three weights world champion? No, actually it's my fault. I'm going to punch myself exactly.
Speaker 17: I was in me.
Speaker 16: I was driving down to killed the road in the track. A little convertible cut in front of me, beound the castpot and thought he'd stop and back into the cars spot. So I thought I'd pull up and compliment him on he's driving skills, put the hazards on were on the window down, and began complimenting him, and he hopped out and looked like he was ready for another world Championship.
Speaker 4: So I reckon, Jeff just pulled that start this part wherever he went round down. What's anyone going to do?
Speaker 10: Exactly exactly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tim, thank you very much to go have a good day. So you guys all right, that's what we're looking for.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast E good morning.
Speaker 14: Hi. My weakest claim to fame is when my dad was going on a flight to la just before it, he met Ozzy Osbourne and he looked like a big dork because he was in track sits and he asked for a photo with Ozzy Osbourne and he got it and he looked and so he went on to the flight. He was an economy and a hostess comes down with the scotch and she says, and she says, and my dad says sorry. My grandfather says, he's under age. My dad is sis Dean, and so my grandfather says, who's this from? And he goes and the hostess goes, oh, it's from Ozzy Osbourne. And anyways, my dad actually got to have the scotch. So he had a scotch from us Osborne.
Speaker 4: That's really naughty, isn't it. Yeah, And how old are you, Ezra, I'm ten tell you what you are natural at telling stories. That was a brilliant story, really really well told.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 4: And as your dad told that story many times.
Speaker 14: I'm not sure because he hasn't. He told it to me about two weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Two weeks ago, and you've remembered it all to called us today.
Speaker 20: Ah yeah wow.
Speaker 4: And as your dad said, you call him telling the story rather than your dad. His dad too lazy that he called us up himself. Was he driving?
Speaker 14: He's driving the car.
Speaker 4: That's great. And is he not like you? You've got all the detail right and the story. Is he happy with how you told it? Ezra?
Speaker 14: I think so, except for the part where I called him a dork.
Speaker 4: And he has to had a bit of a dork stool to this day. Yeah, yea, Our dads are us. Dads are all right. So I'm going to send you a price because that was brilliant.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 4: That's right. I'm going to send you a Village Cinema's Gold Class. You've ever been to gold class? It's like first.
Speaker 14: Class probably probably, I don't remember.
Speaker 4: Just that you live in pretty wild life yourself. You know, it just goes buying a blur. Doesn't you'd like to run the show. Alright, Ezra, you call the show whenever you want. You are brilliant.
Speaker 11: Thank you very much, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Hey, my pleasure. Have a great day at school YouTube.
Speaker 6: Alright, not at school, No, I won't.
Speaker 4: Be at the school now that it's good. I think we just met my replacement.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connells show.
Speaker 4: Karen, Hi, Karen, what have you got for us? Mate?
Speaker 13: My weakest claim to fame is my cousin's uncle is the ex bodyguard of every.
Speaker 4: All right, okay, it's trying to work back. Its cousin's uncle.
Speaker 13: Yep, ex bodyguard of Ebba.
Speaker 4: And how did you find this out?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 13: I knew him when I was younger. He was also the ex body guard of Christoda Akins, which he brought round one weekend to meet us. But I wasn't there to see him, so missed it by that match, good.
Speaker 4: Body, God, it just just before we take the premieres. He's going to meet some distant relatives.
Speaker 10: Exactly.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've got another one as well.
Speaker 4: To take it off now and go and at Christmas. I suppose a few selfies and we get going.
Speaker 9: Christopher he was going to show us how to do gridine.
Speaker 4: Football, right, Karen, thank you very much, and call I did.
Speaker 13: Have another one?
Speaker 4: Got yep.
Speaker 13: My mum's best friend is the godmother of Jessica Bill who's married to Dustin Timberwake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's your mom's.
Speaker 13: Best friend is the godmother of Jessica Bill.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good. Actually, that's fair. Was too good for this? Hi, thank you very much, take ca cam bye bye, Annie, Oh Christian, Yes, Annie, welcome to the show. Thanks to Corny. What have you got from our week? Claim to fame?
Speaker 20: Well, I used to adjust my horses at Daryl bright White's sister in law's house in Mount Macedon.
Speaker 4: Brilliant both of this. And what does adjist a horse? How do you adjust a horse?
Speaker 20: Well, you keep your horses at someone else's property and you paid them money. It's like renting a paddy right, Okay, I.
Speaker 4: Never know that. I feared that it involves something involving collect example. Thank you Jack. I wonder where it's going. I thought that might be to adjist a horse, but no, that's going to be cleared that up. Annie, thank you very much and call it all bye.
Speaker 10: Adamski Adam, Hi, Christian big fan. You know, my biggest claim to fame is when I was seven years old I got kissed on the cheek by Queen Beatrix of the nether Ones.
Speaker 4: And how did this amazing encounter with the Queen Bitchess of the Netherlands coming to being?
Speaker 10: Well, I grew up in craen Bar and South Gippsland, and my family, my mom's side Dutch. We went to the Melbourne Cup when we heard she was going there, and so, being a half Dutch boy, I thought it would be a great idea to stand at the defense line screaming at her name. And I thought that was great and came over and planted one of my cheeks.
Speaker 4: This is incredible.
Speaker 10: And the problem was all the kids at school thought, yeah, what what's so good about that?
Speaker 4: So yeah, well we're impressed. We're really really impressed. It's paid off, my friends, because I'm going to give you for that kiss, Cinema's gold Corse.
Speaker 10: Amazing. Thank you so much, Christian.
Speaker 4: That's right, enjoy Thank you very much. You called and listened to the show as well, Adam.
Speaker 10: Cheers, thank you, Christian.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: Podcast Chat was saying how his dad hates sponge Jovi. You know it's based on any encounter John bon Jovi cutting him up in traffic, tearing up around being a home round coba.
Speaker 5: You know when your parents you don't know it's there, but you scratch some itch and it was revealed that my dad hates.
Speaker 4: You know what? Tomorrow, who did your mom and dad hate? They never You're right, it would come out of nowhere. They'd see them on TV go and can't stand him. When is this? When are you the fostering this tevage for someone you know nothing about. It's never justified either. They don't even want to be questioned on it. Yeah, tomorrow, who did your mom and dad not care for? All?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Tough of the days at work? Time, waster fast food movies? Because today is World hot Dog Day? Tell you what underrated fast food? Snap the hot dog? There must be great places in Melbourne to go for really killer hot dogs.
Speaker 5: Oh I'd love some tips. I had a hot dog at footy the other day. Wasn't too bad for a hot dog? Dog?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It's good enough, isn't it? Beer and a hot dog? Did you know? In two thousand and one, Pizza Hut made a delivery to the International Space Station costing one million dollars. They didn't have to pay for that, did they? And expected tip as well. I did not know that happened. I had no idea. Doesn't it look like such a sad old How would be boring? And just I don't know? They just cry all day and the sadness of it looking for that little window they can how far you away from fun? Just floating around there every day?
Speaker 5: Day one would be magical because you're looking back at Earth, must be in.
Speaker 4: A cover selfeast. They go viral. It's all good. Then everyone's bored of it? Can we go back now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Where? A year?
Speaker 2: Experiments and stuff, aren't they?
Speaker 4: I remember they sent a British guy up that was the first time ever, Commander Tim and all they got him to do up that the Russians were like doing important stuff. All they got him to do was grow cress at school. That's what they got the British guy to do is grow cress up there? All right?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 4: Fast Food movie, Today's time waster? Oh didn't we love the honor for Stone movie? JFK? Yeah, great is coming over the horizon? Oh? JFK. The Fast Food version they got telegraph that too much and he is back on JKFC. Silver, thank you, a fish and chip shop called Wonder Silver plus milkshakes on a plane.
Speaker 5: Silver.
Speaker 4: I don't know what this is either going to get me a gold or bronze. Pizzare just not that into you. Pizza has just not that into you. Yes, thank you and dry through miss Daisy. Gold all right, double gold to finished with Jackie boy? What have you got? Fast food movies finding Nando Oh very good? Yes, Gold zinging in the.
Speaker 5: Rain, the old singer Burger.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yeah, okay, Silver plus the.
Speaker 5: Wizard of Macau's.
Speaker 4: Gold for the image, pay him behind the curtain. Oh bonus. Now they're gonna see the Wizard and I won't shake.
Speaker 5: I'm going to finish the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: He didn't put your name on your text, but thank you for the recommendation, Christian, Jackie, you asked the best hot dog in town. Check out hot Dog, Hustle, Pray Book, Footscray and Chatston. They're phenomenal. Have you just tuned in? This is kind of athletes you have doing this show. They're asking for hot dog recommendations. A lot of people think it's just lazy people that eat junk food doing this show, not Jack and I. All right, then fast food movies. It is like a thing, today's fast food movies. On the time, Wasister Big Maca's House Gold, Well, I'm Warren, I'm a getting some makers, of course, are silver. Uh, Domin knows what you did last.
Speaker 21: Summer, Civil plus Snitty Snitty Bang Bang Gold, The Hungry Jack's Game, Silver, Dude Wears My Burrito Bronze You Me and Mickey Diese Gold, Weekend at Denny's Silver, Now ukf c It Silver.
Speaker 4: Like mic Lord of the Onion Rings Silver, The Life of meat Pie Gold, Hello, Stratsos Old Friend, Uh, Tortilla Mockingbirds, Tortilla mocking Birds Old four and twenty in a Funeral Gold and that's very funny. Cassina roy alwer Cheese Gold, Deep Fried Impact Gold, Edward Sizzler Hands Gold Gold Run Team this morning, Well done, Sandy, Edwards Hands, Sandy, take a bow wherever you are. That's great. Let's end it on that. There is no point going on. Edward Scissler Hands is really really locked down. We will send you a prize to that. Sandy. We dig something up, but thank you very much for that. All right, tomorrow morning on the show Chess, Come come join a chess to party.
Speaker 9: Kids.
Speaker 4: That's what a bible want at breakfast radio. They want a chess on the radio. We're bringing it tomorrow at seven am. I'll tell he's bringing it. Is a twelve year old nemesis to Jack. Jack Post has got into playing chess recently. Of the last three months, he's up to how many hours a week of practice online?
Speaker 5: Seventeen hours.
Speaker 4: I said I'd find him a worthy opponent for his first ever game against an actual, live human being. We've got an email from a young twelve year old chess nemesis last week similar level to Jack, who wanted to come in. And this is how Jack found out this morning. Yesterday we played a voicemail there where we disguised it, trying to build some guess an intrigue around it all.
Speaker 3: Jack, this is a just challenger and twenty four hour I'll be on rook to work with you in a good old fashioned game of chess. I'm going sure, no mercy, so I hope you've been practicing because you're going down, So good luck.
Speaker 13: Jack.
Speaker 12: Get ready to.
Speaker 18: Be beaten by twelve year old I'm Jack drefuck Milne. It's Jack versus Jack. Get ready, Rooks will rumble.
Speaker 4: I love this, Rooks will rumble. We've heard of the royal rumbling wrestling. Rooks will rumble. How are you feeling right now?
Speaker 5: Well, he talks a big game, doesn't need twelve year old Jack.
Speaker 4: But he's fails. He's got nothing to lose.
Speaker 5: He sounds feelers. I gotta be honest, I'm not looking for any like happy ending to the radio show and let the twelve year old win. I will be trying to kick his butt tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 4: Bring it because he's going to try and take down a man.
Speaker 5: I really really want to win.
Speaker 4: Oh, I so hope he beats Jack. Will play Jack tomorrow seven am. Tomorrow morning, twelve year old Jack is coming in to take on thirty two year old Jack Post and don't forget guys club all together now that guess get Crystal party to my morning, SIMI and mea ain't no party guys Facts.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast