Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Guys, it's Wednesday. It's the middle of the week. Let's imagine a Wednesday. It's halftime. Are you winning or losing your week so far? We call it the midweek scores. Let us know how this week is going so far? Few would you say you're winning or losing? Let me know Text me four seven five three one oh four three. Giant l all over me. Probably smell of it today as it came into it. Guys, and I apologize. I have tried to sprits and spray, but you can't. Sometimes a stench of loser. You know, I told you we are. We're moving home. We're downsizing now. My wife and I are empty nester. So in the new downsized place we're moving to at the end of the year, there's no room for me to have a even a small desk in an office. So I'm reduced to speaking to companies that do that. You know, it's big business. During COVID, a lot of people had these like pods studios, yes.
Speaker 1: And they're called garden studios. Now, all right, garden studio.
Speaker 2: However, because the dimensions that I've now been whittled down to by my wife, I'm not making such which is two meters by two meters.
Speaker 1: No, sorry, that's not any no, no, no. A lot of them are saying anything. Do you know what.
Speaker 2: I've contacted to so many companies to do this. They've all most of them said, so far, we don't go down that small because you know why, we don't make cells for Guantanamo Bay. I'm looking for a garden Guanamo Bay cell.
Speaker 1: Next year's the biggest year of my career.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be running a national radio show from a cell in the gardens two.
Speaker 1: Meters by two meters. You know.
Speaker 2: I'll be doing meetings and business deals. And they'll be like, wait, you're in a small shed you start. Have you been kidnapped?
Speaker 4: Is this strictly due to the size of the house or is this because Sarah.
Speaker 1: Has you're allotted space.
Speaker 2: I never even thought about this. She always shew word going to contain me. After twenty seven years in marriage, she's cracked it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: There's simply no room. A little look area over there. Oh no, no, no, some flowers are going to go though. That's a dog's bed. Now we've allocated.
Speaker 1: They're whopping two meters two meters by two meters.
Speaker 2: I've got to get Oh, I can get smart. Seriously, you want to not be at a house a prisoner in there, but your husband running a national radio show from a two by two meters sell.
Speaker 4: Viol likes the Geneva convention.
Speaker 1: Can I hire someone as a lawyer?
Speaker 2: Have I got rights or did I sign them away at the marriage all to twenty seven years ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolute losing at the moment companies ago. Wait did we misread the emails at that time? But you don't mean two by two?
Speaker 5: I bet you still need counsel approval for it, though I.
Speaker 2: Don't think even the council will care about that. What is this a dog kennel? My wife was what it was a it's a sort of garden potting sheds. It doesn't even have a window. It doesn't even have a window. There's a slight sort opening through the door. Yes, yes, exactly it was a potting shed. And then my wife even said with that, she was like that roof looks a little bit high, fall into it like an animal. Why mean you be happy, Sarah? So yeah, just just losing life. It's going to get too hot. Yeah, I don't do about air con. Alex, oh my goodness to challenge me. Next year isn't going to be befriending Australia. It's going to be surviving in that cell. That's even if I find a company that want to be involved in this death project, no one will take on.
Speaker 1: Alex. How's your week go? And hopefully you're doing better?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Pretty good, pretty good, started very well.
Speaker 1: But look book Wake for.
Speaker 6: Any with young children, book Wake is upon us and that main stress. Not so much for me, more for Bonny. She had to source some kimono's.
Speaker 2: Kimonos, kims kimono. You're a man of the world, kim where they're going on some shogun But I.
Speaker 1: Haven't, I haven't. I don't have the hard to say.
Speaker 6: I think it's kimono kimo but they're something kimonos.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's the bogan versions. Just a dressing gown nine only flammable dressing gown kimono.
Speaker 1: That's right. Marketplace has come to the rescue once again. Oh great, you're getting your kids.
Speaker 2: Second and kimonas you know, it's some old guy who's getting.
Speaker 1: Ready of his kimonos. They came under the kimono.
Speaker 6: So they had to get into the car last night, Body and the girls and drive over to Port Melbourne and they found one for.
Speaker 1: I think it was thirty five dollars. Yeah, the real ones are silk, can't they? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yes, And this one apparently just came from Japan, was.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, yeah, straight down off the docks at portmo.
Speaker 1: I went a stray from Japan.
Speaker 4: I actually do believe that, because when I came back from my Japan trip in twenty eighteen, I thought, you know what I'll get, You know what I'll wear all the time, a traditional active Japanese kimono. So I brought a full proper silk kimona.
Speaker 1: Think I'm more like a dragon, no a dragon scene or just played.
Speaker 4: It was a white one like a classy geisha would wear.
Speaker 1: A look for you, good lordie.
Speaker 4: But obviously never warned again, you just get caught up in that holiday. Definitely where they go about that exactly.
Speaker 6: And the other one came from docklands, so probably were just off the boat. I'm not too sure. But what they're going as well. They've got this wonderful little book. It's about traditional dress in Japan, and they love it. They read all the time, and they really desperately wanted to go dressed as these little Japanese girls dressed.
Speaker 2: So what they putting on their feet because they were those kind of like wooden So there's yourself some slides.
Speaker 1: Now we haven't got that far.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, ha cat round portmow.
Speaker 1: We're getting second anthongs. That's this morning's job. They're blowing a plug or something like that.
Speaker 2: I remember last year we had some great stories about book week.
Speaker 3: Tree together a black crape paper witch costume, which was lovely until morning recess when it rained and all the dye ran off. In her wisdom, my mom dressed me as a bright green Winfield Green's partner cigarettes. My cousins in prep and her dad forgot it was a dress up date. So he grabbed a babe bar, put some holes in the side, stuck it over her head and pulled her arms out where he put the holes, which she went as a slabber beer.
Speaker 2: Those last two, the Windfield Green Cigarettes and the VB slab of Bear, the two Hall of Famer calls. If you've got any stories about outfits for well, I say about outfits in italics again quotation marks give us a called thirteen fifty five twenty two.
Speaker 1: Christian Gondal Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Well fantastic news for listener Sarah Christian, I'm definitely winning. Found out I'm pregnant after over a year doing fertility treatment. The best of youse. Congratulations Sarah, amazing news camera and Christian, I'm winning filled up the car before I went up to two dollars a liter. Wow, what you're driving out late at night? That the guys on the land are changing the money before they do it the amounts, Christian. Most garden sheds are bigger than your new home office.
Speaker 1: They're three by three.
Speaker 2: Can we just move on right? There's nothing funny about okay, guys.
Speaker 4: I had to look on Google images for two by two ships and you can barely You could barely stand up there too.
Speaker 2: By the time you fit a tiny desk in there and a chair, you're going to be that door will open and hit the desk chair.
Speaker 1: You know in these photos it holds one bike. It's the footprint of a king sized bed.
Speaker 2: We've worked out cells that people have I've murdered people are in are bigger than my next home office.
Speaker 1: That's the content that I'm living out.
Speaker 2: And yeah, most companies don't trifle with things that small. Why would they? Why would they? Patsy, how's your week? Are you winning or losing?
Speaker 6: One?
Speaker 5: Definitely winning. We've had a great week. We've got some great family news yesterday. So my brother who has been fighting cancer for the last ten years, he's doing this amazing trial at Petermack Hospital.
Speaker 1: That one an amazing place.
Speaker 5: Oh, they are absolutely phenomenal, and it's given him a new lease of life. And the trial has been so successful on Karl and the other twelve or thirteen participants that they're unraveling it to other patients as well. Like, it's just phenomenal this treatment. It's out of the US anyway.
Speaker 2: So what is it is it? Is it a new kind of medication or advanced drug.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a new chemo drug and it is just phenomenal. And you know, it ebbs and flows. It's like an emotional roller coaster. And he's been so stoic. He's been such an inspiration. Karl and we have you know, I have the same cancer that he still has ten years ago, but his fight unfortunately is continuing on. And and we did get a heads up a couple of weeks ago when he you know, he's going there every two three weeks. He can't do anything, can't barely pass wind without the team knowing. Like, it's very strict.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's not Melbourne. It's a beautiful heart, mate.
Speaker 2: We didn't need to know about the flash.
Speaker 1: He's fighting cancer. He doesn't. He fight his system and the radio going hey listen.
Speaker 2: He can't even shut without a warning signal at Peter back.
Speaker 1: It's not Carl again, Nogg puff Puff's Carl.
Speaker 5: It's very strict. But anyway, his last appointment a couple of weeks ago, scans didn't look so good and we were told to sort of kind of prepare ourselves because it may may not be good. When he did the follow up yesterday. So you know, when your medical experts tell you that, you take notice and you think, okay, you know, let's pick ourselves up up again and get ready for what this next challenge is going to be and how we can best support him. And you know, you feel like you're a cat with nine lives and you're getting all these chances and you think, you know, is this going to be it? Anyway? Luckily it wasn't. So even the experts and specialists, his whole team couldn't believe it. He said, he hadn't even sat down in the professor's office and he said, well, guess what, it hasn't spread. And so we were just it was just the most pleasant surprise because we were you hope for the best, but you prepare for the worst in those situations.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So just absolutely on top of the world. And I'm sure we all had a really heavy sleep last night, so much so that I slept through my alarm this morning, so I had such a lovely relaxing.
Speaker 2: We'd have understood if you just missed today's show. So I must love to you as well.
Speaker 6: Mate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so really really great day. And you know it's just he's got another chance again. So it's like he can's got that freedom to choose of I said, you know you and Cheryl, my sister in law, I said, you need to do something special this week. You need to go out for dinner and celebrate it.
Speaker 1: We needs to do in all serviences is go and treat himself a fart yeah, and not have to tell anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, enjoy it, not be a problem for the team that Peter Mack a whole specious team on that, you know, just a celebratory one.
Speaker 1: Other cars you can buy.
Speaker 5: But he said, you know what, I'm just I'm just going to do exactly what I do because I've been given this gift to just have and it is you. You just enjoy all those regular you see the beauty in the regular things of life.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're right, I bet you.
Speaker 5: You know a lot of people listening who are going through it and family members who are going through it will relate to that where you know, just hanging a light of washing out because you can, that's what it's about. So you had a great, great day yesterday.
Speaker 2: What a beautiful story of hope as well, because you're right, there'll be a lot of people listening right now are on their own cancer treatment journey. Pancy, So stories like that, we know all the other ones, but they're also stories like your brother actually, yah, and it's very very important to remember those as well, because that is an incredible.
Speaker 5: Story living with cancer. So it's not necessarily yes, you can live with cancer and you can lead full lives, and that's what he's doing. He's grasping every opportunity, making the most of it. And yeah, I'm thrilled.
Speaker 1: Beautiful stuff, Patsy, and much love to your brother Karl, Christian O'Connell shar Go on podcast