Speaker 1: I've been given a very important task on this weekend. It's my sister's wedding. This will come out and she will be married hopefully. Congratulations. Yes to Betty and Risey. I've been given a very special job. It is ceremony DJ. It's like four songs, but she's like, don't fuck it up.
Speaker 2: What's this song they're going to walk down the aisle to.
Speaker 1: I've just been sent it, so please give us a little taste. Groovy, baby, that's very groovy. This is walking back up the aisle. Ah love that us me.
Speaker 2: So are you mixing or are you just pressing playing stop?
Speaker 1: I'm going to do it all great DJs do and press playing stop.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many DJs listen to this podcast, but to those who do.
Speaker 1: Get a real job.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to who don't.
Speaker 1: I'm Mattie j and I and this is a podcast. Do you hear that? Weird? Like breath I just did?
Speaker 2: This is a podcast all about parenting. It is the good, it is the bad.
Speaker 1: And if you've come, yeah.
Speaker 2: If you've come wanting any advice, I was going to say, not from us, not from us, not today, not ever, Ashton, we should start this off by having a little cheeky beverage be regino, what are we having?
Speaker 1: Where's that from? That's from TikTok. Remember in the days we were all locked down, we should have a be and what do you go there, big guy, I've got the Hinderland big pale ales knowing what Laura calls me, the big pale from Stonewood. It is a limited release, man, but I have some good news for you. Next year it will become part of the permanent fixture, their permanent range.
Speaker 2: Who enjoyed this, Laura? Laura Burn, Yeah, quite a few of these?
Speaker 1: You text me.
Speaker 2: After When we recorded our episode last week, I had a few too many big pale aisles. I was very sweary on the episode, very I listened to it back and every second word was like.
Speaker 1: Fucking this is not his.
Speaker 2: And I get a little bit slurry halfway through. So I'll limit myself to just one of these today.
Speaker 1: Well, cheers, I crack that and cheers cheers my friend, cheers, thank you. Now, Oh hang a second, can you taste that mandarin?
Speaker 2: Taste the pineapple, pine and herbs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mandarin, I get a bit of mandarin.
Speaker 2: There you do you.
Speaker 1: Always pick up the Mandarin.
Speaker 2: You're like one of those pigs that sniffs out truffles, but instead of tuffles, it's mandarin. You how many Mandarins in this household right now? Have a guess?
Speaker 1: Sixteen?
Speaker 2: Very good?
Speaker 1: It's actually not pineapple, Matt, it's pine.
Speaker 2: No, fuck you, the back of the back, I can Oh.
Speaker 1: There's the Vic Secret Blend, and there's the eclips the Eclipse Smith version. Makes you know the Eclipse Smith version.
Speaker 2: And if you're wanting to get your hands on this beer or any delicious beer from Stone and Wood, heading to Dan Murphy's a bws around the country and jump on their website Stoneywood dot com dot au. That is all one word, and get it.
Speaker 1: Delivered to your very front porch. I will be doing that because I'm lazy, and honestly, I don't like talking to people in shops so much. Other things dropped off from on the line, just really really quickly.
Speaker 2: We are going to go into a big announcement, but talking about not liking big groups of people, I went for a run. It's just really quickly went for a run around Centennial because I was like, it's going to be late at night, nice and quiet, I didn't fucking realize there was like a fun run on. There was thousands of people there, and then I wanted All the exits were clogged up and it was a nightmare.
Speaker 1: The sexual predators would be.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, Ash, we have a big announcement to make we do. This is a littit late.
Speaker 1: It is that I'm back.
Speaker 2: Also, in addition to that, yeah, because I do, it is Hey, it's nice to have you here.
Speaker 1: Thank you, good to see your face. I've honestly forgotten what it's like in Australia. I've been away for so long.
Speaker 2: I'm annoyed that you haven't called me boss yet.
Speaker 1: I had to refrain, but my inner monologue was Indonesian. For the first few days. I was bad. It still is ours now gone back to it slowly. I keep going to say sik swimmart to people, which is Balinese for thank you, not the traditional Indonesian which is tera. Mccussey.
Speaker 2: The amount of times you would attack people like me for going MESSI when they come back from Europe and then you're number one.
Speaker 1: You live in Europe, lived in London for four years, must be nice.
Speaker 2: But the big announcement, Ash, is the fact that we have cracked the triple figures. I know we are a little bit late. You missed our anniversary.
Speaker 1: I did. I did in true classic form, I think we both missed our anniversary. Classic man missing an anniversary day.
Speaker 2: So I had to recall with Laura and pretend it was you, which was weird.
Speaker 1: Awkward for the sex after it was.
Speaker 2: It was very awkward.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. Of course, what's this vagina thing? Calling her ashes? I'm climaxing, r wow.
Speaker 2: But we have come so far that, you know, the two of us, you and me, like, what a what A?
Speaker 1: What an achievement? Ash? She is an achievement. I'm achieved. I feel achieved. You look very achieving. Thank you. Who'd have thought she healed DM from Matthew John? Was it from you?
Speaker 2: Well? I went back into our DMS and I tried to go back to the start, and I was scrolling up and up and up and up and up, and I was like, it's taking a very long time. So I gave up on that.
Speaker 1: That's a sign of a good relationship. If you can't get to the top of the messages.
Speaker 2: What an achievement. But some people have said, hey, how did you and Ash come to be. What is the story that? Were you always best friends? Childhood friends? What happened?
Speaker 1: Well, it actually started with like all good relationships these days. I think you started liking my videos.
Speaker 2: First, I think that's incorrect. On TikTok, I think that is highly incorrect. And then we transitioned into Instagram.
Speaker 1: That you transition, you're doing all of the moves, you're making, all the moves you initiating here. I thought, I'm just like, take me, Matthew. Now. I thought your videos were clever. Not all of them.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe one in five were clever, and that was enough to like bait me in.
Speaker 1: You aligned to yourself, mate, I know what your standards are, like, I must be of high standard. I was thinking you to engage.
Speaker 2: I was thinking to myself, he's good, but he's got to have some kind of flaw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. So we got together. It was a Christmas party. Well, actually what happened was when you were trying to court me. I was telling my wife, I was like this, Mattie J.
Speaker 2: Johnson, guy, surely you must have heard the name spoken in media somewhere.
Speaker 1: I thought you were the weather man. I did do the weather time of Lyne. Yeah, but I actually thought you were Sam Mack. I'll take it for a long time. I'll take it. He's a very lovely guy. And she was like, you got to follow him back, you got to hit him back. And then I did. Of course, I didn't hesitate, pretend like April forced you into this. She kind did. And now we're here and she's like, come.
Speaker 2: On, like, meet up with him, go down that dark alleyway, be.
Speaker 1: Careful, make sure you wear a protection. Yeah, it was a Christmas party that you It was like a blind date. I got invited to a Christmas party. I didn't.
Speaker 2: It was look bear with me for a second because it was a very cringe Christmas party. It was for Facebook, Facebook Meta, We're doing Christmas party, and so I knew going into that party it was going to be a room filled with twenty year olds.
Speaker 1: Perfect, and I thought, stopping it, creep, Sorry, you keep setting me up of just knocking them down.
Speaker 2: And then I thought, I don't want to go by myself, and also I don't want to invite It's hard because you don't want to invite somebody who is like a builder into that environment.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they get a bit touchy because.
Speaker 2: They'll be like, what what is this?
Speaker 1: What is this hell hole?
Speaker 2: Who are these people?
Speaker 1: And as well, everyone lives on their phone. Everyone is just filming. It's a bunch of people on their phone. Yeah, it must all be a silent just go.
Speaker 2: And that's what it's like. So I brought you along because I was like, he'll get it. He's a man who gets content and he also loves a drink one in fire. Yeah you met at the pub before. We had like a pre pub drink before going to the party, and we should get back to that seat. We should go back to that seat. It was a great evening. All of a sudden, we're making videos together. People are loving it. People were like, ma, give us the dads, there's more of this, and I was like, this is this is something special, this is weird.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, the podcast was born out of those videos. Went they Matthew. Because I did have to convince you to do this podcast. Yeah I was convincing.
Speaker 2: I wasn't that keen. I wasn't that keen at first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've been burnt before.
Speaker 2: Do you know what sold me? Ash? You know what sold me? We did a little demo and I think Laura was in the room as I was playing it back in the living room on the couch and I was listening to it and she kind of is picked up and she.
Speaker 1: Goes, that's pretty funny. Is that is that ash?
Speaker 2: And I said, yeah, that's that's the demo record. It was like I imagine when a like a record label exec was playing like the Rolling Stones, like, well, he's too problematic these days.
Speaker 1: She's like, I think I think you got some there, kid, boy, I think he's got it. You want to be a star, kad. And here we are.
Speaker 2: One hundred episodes later, one hundred and one hundred and two episodes later, we did a call. We said how should we celebrate and people were like, give us.
Speaker 1: Free staff, definitely, yeah. And I was like, all right, so we've got something planned we do and we will let them know at the end. Yeah. Yeah, we won't let them know right now at the end of time. No, the end of this episode.
Speaker 2: End of this episode. We're just going to edge you guys along for this episode.
Speaker 1: Did you say it?
Speaker 2: We'll tell you at the very end, my favorite pastime, how you can win this incredible prize that we've managed to get our little dirty hands on.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, I'm excited Ash you were back. You had a fucking six month holiday. Felt like that too long with my kids.
Speaker 2: Man, whose idea was it to take three and a half weeks? Who's that is that?
Speaker 1: April? Yeah? Her aim starts with A and ends with prol It's a long, long holiday. It's a long time to spend with your kids. It's a marathon, dude, It's a marathon. I was By the time I was at the end of it, I was just like, shut up. I think We're in the car on the way home from the airport at like ten o'clock at night, and I was like, don't eat my bottoms and I'm like, shut where's my water? That's enough out of you. I love you, daddy. Literally, I was like, look, we've done a lot of great talking today. That's enough. No, it was. It was good. You know, like a lot of kids, man, a lot of kids, but they've all got their own quirks. These kids and behaviors rub off on people. I'm not going to name and shame people because there wasn't that many people. If one person's like, well that's not us, that's probably the other people that.
Speaker 2: You know how many was there of you?
Speaker 1: It started with twelve parents, twelve kids for a week. Suck it was. It was a lot of fun. It was a lot of fun. Like when like it's like who many, dude, too many? Don't knock it too try it. And then we dwindled down because we all went to different places in Bali.
Speaker 2: You guys split up?
Speaker 1: We did. Yeah, yeah, We went to Nuslan Bonga, which was beautiful. Well that must be real nice. It was really nice. It was very nice in fact.
Speaker 2: Like Mussolin Bomba.
Speaker 1: Is that mainland?
Speaker 2: Or is that island?
Speaker 1: Where is that ash island? How do you get there? Like a thirty minute boat? Ah, speedboat?
Speaker 2: We have to take actually speedboat.
Speaker 1: I don't want a yacht that's too slow. And we went with friends of ours, Mikensana and their two kids, Ziggy and Lennox. Happy to name and shame them. He's a liability around drinks. Any drink, how old Ziggy three In a bit, someone says she's clumsy or drunk. Every day she knocked over a drink somewhere. First day we got there, I put a fresh beer down.
Speaker 2: But also that's on you, dude. It's like people who haven't been around kids putting anything near the end of a table in.
Speaker 1: The middle of the We tested it. I tested it with a bottle of water.
Speaker 2: How was she getting to the middle of the table.
Speaker 1: I put a bottle, a plastic bottle there, right, and then she was like on the and she's like just like knocked it over. We're at a restaurants crawling on a table. No, no, just hands over. And then we're at a restaurant and she's got a juice right, and she's drinking drinking it like that, like not touching it. And then she's just like goes to touch it. It's like and it got to the point that we were like, where is she going to spill the next drink? They're putting bets on it pretty much. And then it came to a head. When we were at it kept getting like worse, like the drink was bigger, or the drink was more expensive, it was a cocktail or something here or there. And then we were at this cafe and this poor waiter with a tray of ice coffees. Oh yeah, and z he's like with her head knocks I think like eight ice coffees off smashes the glass everywhere, and she didn't even take any notice of it. She was like, we're this idiot. So it was a shit around. So she was the trip liability. She was like, okay, well, how many ice coffees are going to have to pay for on this trick because she just smashed them everywhere? There's always one my guy there is That was her quirk, Oscar. And when you do travel with kids, obviously it takes time. They don't understand. They've got to wait plane checking. It's always a line, customs, immigration, it's just line after then they're on a plane for six hours and then lines at the other end. They don't quite understand. So we you try and do anything to try and pass the time, especially when they're talking heats. You're like, why don't we play the silent game? And Oscar's very good at going.
Speaker 2: I like to play the game of who can hold their breath the longest.
Speaker 1: Well, that's where were that's where we're going with this. Okay, So we're in the back of a cab okay and it's like a fifteen to twenty minute drive. We've been at a beach club with the kids all afternoon. They're overtired, Oscar's like, how long is it going to be? Like blah blah blah, And I was like, why don't he played the silent game? Because I fucking had enough of you guys. And there was like four kids in the car and I'm in the middle seat. The kids are mainly in the back, and there was like one kid next to me, and I was like, we'll play the silent game. Who wins? And everyone went silent. I was like, oh, work the street. And I look over and Oscar's holding his breath in the back of the car, and he doesn't realize that it's just a silent game. Not that you're not allowed to breathe game.
Speaker 2: But you do make a bit of noise with your breathing.
Speaker 1: So he was like, I look over and he's like and he's so competitive that he was like on the verge of passing out. I was like, breathe. He was like, I'm just like, bro, it was a silent game and you lost. So yeah, but he survived.
Speaker 2: Can I ask, looking back at the entire three months that you were away, what was the best part, what was the worst part.
Speaker 1: The worst part would have been the near broken back. I went over there with like a slightly sore back. Now it's completely fine. Yeah, And that was probably the worst. A couple of days after that where I was like fuck, should I go to the hospital, Like I was like, fuck, I think my back's broken. And then I was like it feels more bruisy now, and it was just like just once I got back in the water started surfing again, like three days later, I was like, yeah, I'm fine. I didn't get Bali belly, which is great.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 1: I've this is that's three times in a row that I've been to Balley and not got Bally belly. Am I. My stomach was like, been back for a couple of days. They're big, fella, we can still get you. I think my fa was and this is going to be sweet. I'm not a very sweet guy, but I'm gonna be. My favorite part was I think the first day in New slam Bong and the tide had gone out. All three families that were still with went down and there was like all these little pools of water that the kids could look for crabs and look for in the reef and we sat down there in like that deep so foot deep. For those listening who can't see my hands, and we just I think we sat there for like five hours. And it was like out in the front of this restaurant too, so they were coming down and bringing food down, bringing drinks down. The kids were like, they're bringing ice creams down for the and we just all sat there and we had the UI boom going and there was no one else on this entire beach. There was a guy driving a big digger. I don't know what he was doing. I think he might have been practicing. I don't know. I had a shovel. That was great, and that was just like a really nice Yeah, it was a nice moment, to be honest.
Speaker 2: The dig apart was probably non essential. No, it's essential. So it was just us, our families and the diggers.
Speaker 1: Like love me literally, But you know, I could have easily said, you know, the nights out with the dads. Nah. I think that was like the when I look back and I go, that was the nicest start. That was beautiful, thank you, I'm a beautiful man. That was lovely, thank you. But yeah, it was good. It was good. I would highly recommend maybe not going with twelve twelve, But you know, we weren't in unison to do everything.
Speaker 2: We've got a Barley trip next year.
Speaker 1: Must be nice. Already when Britt's wedding, I'm going to get brit on the phone right now. Where is my invite? I don't even know she needs a DJ. I've just got four songs I can play. But yeah, good are you so you're going to take the whole family and do a trip?
Speaker 2: Leave the kids?
Speaker 1: Oh must be no, I've been the kids leaving me. Something else that came out of the trip is April's abdominal muscles. What do you mean? So there was a couple of photo April in a bikini.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know. I wasn't looking. Yeah, posted on the interweb twenty first of October, roughly four pianos. You guys were on the beach purple perker. No, I didn't notice, I explain, that's rude. You should have noticed.
Speaker 1: I did notice. Yeah. So there was a photo of April and I a potato head in particular. That was a suggestion from someone on the Facebook group said go to potato head tat kids. Gonna be honest, not great for the kids, but it's balley, so that we we still had fun.
Speaker 2: Potato heads good for the kids.
Speaker 1: Just very it was just very busy.
Speaker 2: There's a kid's pool there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was like cold and shit, right, yeah, but we went in the adults pool. We peed in the adils pools. Grape, I peed in the app.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, fucking everyone going out.
Speaker 1: I'm at it now. I'm a dad. I do not care. I think there's a time when you're not allowed to pee in the pool. It's between being eighteen and having kids. I think that time. It's like found you've got time, bro. If I get out to go to the talk, then I've got Macy get out. She wants to take up swimmers off.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm like a month away from shitting in the pool now, I'm like, I'm relaxing.
Speaker 1: No one understand me. I reminds me, you should never go in the pool with you. Yeah, so potato heads, thank you for the suggestion. I don't know who it was, say Hallie, She's like yes. And we posted a really nice photo. It was really nice sunset photo.
Speaker 2: It was a real nice photo.
Speaker 1: It was a nice photo. And then I got an influx of direct messages. I sent three or for those who are a bit younger than us, DMS people saying, are we going to talk about your wife's abs. I've given her a big head because I told her I shouldn't have. So for the rest of the trip, was she just flexing? Yeah, she was like anytime, Like anyone was like hey, ay, She's like, it's a lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Just curling at the dinner's table.
Speaker 1: And she's like, do you even lift? Bro?
Speaker 2: She is and I mean this in the most respectable way possible.
Speaker 1: She's very fit. She is. She does work very hard, like she Macy's three now, and she's very high on routine. April like, she's so routine, Like every morning at five o'clock she's off to the gym. She loves it, loves it. She did a couple of sessions over there, but.
Speaker 2: We like, get back in there. I can do those ways now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm sucking off eating the ice cream on the beach, yes, because I am. And uh yeah, so she she eats very well. She's a what can I say anything that would being a joke. It's not a joke. It's serious. It's a lot of style. Once she yelled at me because there wasn't enough protein in the dinner.
Speaker 2: I mate is she a pilarates girls Flatty's girl. No, she's just hitting the weights. She comes in and out of pilates every now and then. So Sarna who we went, she's a pilates instructle.
Speaker 1: How she getting so shredded? She just trains hard, bro and like I said, protein, it's a lifestyle.
Speaker 2: I call her right now and I would have had like weekly splitters. Hi, Hi, April, random question, how are you splitting up your routine at the gym?
Speaker 1: I do a lot of lower body and then I do boxing as my upper body. That's about it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: How many times a day are you doing abs? ABS? Are building the kitchen? Babes there? It is all right by Apri, love you oh in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: If there's anything you take from this episode, that's the key take.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the recipe for ABS is because it's not working for me.
Speaker 2: It's definitely not happy.
Speaker 1: I spend so much time in the kitchen and it's not working. That's enough about me and my wife's abs. You also have ABS, and you also went on holidays.
Speaker 2: I'm essentially your wife. I could be you.
Speaker 1: Could be on your tucky sack back. I'm game.
Speaker 2: I took a leaf out of your page. Is that the right thing? A page?
Speaker 1: I took a page out of you. I took a book out of your page.
Speaker 2: A page out of your book. I'm so bad with saying sorry apologies. I was I was missed you. I was struggling, and I thought, what would ASH do in this moment? I know, I'll take a holiday.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I would do.
Speaker 2: And it was kind of similar in that I didn't go away with twelve families. I went away with two other families. And this is one of the families that I met. I don't know if I told you this story. I try not to tell you the story too much because I know it may make you a little bit jealous.
Speaker 1: Nothing makes me jealous. That's a lie.
Speaker 2: Okay, I met this couple at the park. I would like to say over a year and a half ago.
Speaker 1: Melonenso yeah, I love Melonenzo very good memory. Yeah, and me and Enzo cash up too. What? Yeah? Do you know that I'm actually seeing you out for this? No you're not. Yeah, No, I made that up. But Enzo, if you're free, So we were.
Speaker 2: We progressed the relationship from just you know, a bump into the park every now and then to then having playdates with the kids, doing in the park, just just bumping into each other, you know.
Speaker 1: It was like night or a Friday, but just bump in general and maybody there.
Speaker 2: But we would have playdates. We will go to each other's birthday parties because they have two young kids. We have two young kids, similar ages. Everything was going great and then we decided to take the relationship to the next level. Well, let's book a holiday.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you can ask me.
Speaker 1: You recently went on holidays with April and I as well? Which holiday was better? Don't you dare?
Speaker 2: Don't you dare?
Speaker 1: Ash? Well, I dare?
Speaker 2: Both forgot. I couldn't compare.
Speaker 1: It was like, answer, it was you, it was ours, Just say it.
Speaker 2: It was yours.
Speaker 1: Course, you know what, I'm going to go on holiday? Then don't mel and then I'll compare the pair.
Speaker 2: Please, And we're like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 1: Why are you here? Why are you in my house? Yeah, I'm on holidays.
Speaker 2: We had another family Eddie and Nick came along as well.
Speaker 1: Shout out to them, where are they from?
Speaker 2: Glad you asked?
Speaker 1: Backstory, give me all of them from.
Speaker 2: Brisbane, once from Melbourne. Originally lived in Sydney, but you still live down the road from us. We would often see them walking down to the beach. We've all come so far, we have the relationships, the podcast episodes. Everyone's just ticking boxes right now. It's a time to celebrate.
Speaker 1: It is. Hey, where'd you go?
Speaker 2: I'm glad you asked.
Speaker 1: I flew back from Bali early and I just hidden the bushes and I was like, my Matthew.
Speaker 2: With someone else right now. Great holiday, great little weekend get away. Kingscliff near the Gold Coast. It's in between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast and it's.
Speaker 1: Just it's a lovely old stomping ground.
Speaker 2: But it was lovely bit.
Speaker 1: Similar to yourself.
Speaker 2: But it was only three nights that were away, where like your patients was wearing very thin. I remember one day in particular, I was like, we're going down the beach and Marley's like, I'm bringing my pencils and my coloring in and I'm like, you're not not bringing in your coloring pencils and pens.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous. And she's five years old and she's like I am, And I was like you're not. And Laura was down the hallway. She went to go get some fresh towels. She came back in after like, oh fuck off. She just came back in and she's like, I could hear that.
Speaker 2: From the hallway.
Speaker 1: Oh that's embarrassing. Yeah, it's fine, Dad voice activated got to happen.
Speaker 2: But on one day, Ash and one day we went to a place called Tropical Fruit World.
Speaker 1: I'm familiar.
Speaker 2: The most fertile soil in the world. Is great for kids, is it? It's essentially just like a big, an enormous paddock. You jump on a tractor. It's like a train. You then all hop on the tractor. You go around. They talk about all the fruit that they've planted there over the last few decades. You then stop, you pick the fruit, You crack macadamia nats, you eat bananas. Everyone's having a really wholesome, great time.
Speaker 1: That's great, Okay, I like it.
Speaker 2: But then you finish Ash at a part of the tour where you just sit down and you feed.
Speaker 1: The animals and give me an array of animals.
Speaker 2: You've got goats, you got donkeys, you've got koalas. Have I made a mistake? Is this allowed? Or not laid on me go and maybe it's a Queensland thing. I'm not quite sure, but it was the end of the tour essentially finishes at a park playground, and everyone's just everyone's feeling so great. Everyone's smiling, everyone's had a good time.
Speaker 1: We're all full of fruit, sugar.
Speaker 2: We've all been padding the animals, you know, and you've been in that group on the tour from start to finish. It runs for a few hours, so you're also you're feeling connected to the other people you're on the land. You know, it's just you're feeling wholesome.
Speaker 1: And also featuring you being connected to all the other people. Everyone's like, what's this girl's do.
Speaker 2: Also you're seeing other wild animals as well on the tour, like, you know, we saw some turtles, all right, we saw like bush turkeys, we saw a snake. You just like it was a small board of native animals. Delicious, beautiful, okay. And then some people were like, look it's a frog and I was like, that's no frog, that's a cane toad. Coming from Queensland, a cane toad is like a cockroach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's more cane toads than people in Queensland. You just you kill it. Oh yeah, and you kill it the most dramatic way you can.
Speaker 2: So whilst a few people mostly are kids and Melonenzo and Ed and Nicky's kids, they were all like looking at a frog. They don't know what a cane toad is.
Speaker 1: I now know. They were like, wow, look at this cane toad. And I come steamrolling in and I'm a good old world.
Speaker 2: Combo, throw my guitar, jump up from the campfire and I boot this thing so fucking hard. This cane toad is.
Speaker 1: Like and I was like totally like two points. All the flags go up. It's like, if you're allowed to do that, you have to do that. You're a pest.
Speaker 2: As a Queenslander, your instinct to see a cane toad is just immediately.
Speaker 1: Kill it because they're introduced as well. They're a pest. Bro they're an introduced species. What were they cane to say? The cane fields eat the cane beetles, hence the name cane toad.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: That takes me back to my childhood. You're kicking that frog. I'm just having flashbacks. Thank you of kicking the shit out of fucking cane toad.
Speaker 2: So then did I look. I turn around and the kids were all like, f that's Molly who's so sensitive. Was just like, mom, I can't stop thinking about death, and all the kids are hysterical, and I was like, have you ever done something where you know, you turn around and you expect nothing but praise, like what a hero? And everyone's just like what's wrong with you? And Lauda was like, you're such an idiot sometimes, and I was like, I'm just I'm just a man, That's that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like, if you haven't grown up around doing that, it's a bit fucking weekshit Melanenzo. They're from the UK, so they don't understand, like they don't know what even animals in the UK do they There's none, there's none left. There's no kitchens. That's it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then as well, and then like some of the other families, they were like hiding their kids like oh my god, like.
Speaker 1: Timmy look away. Yeah, It's like, yeah, I think you've done the right thing. I'm got a backyard. I would be going, I just kick it again.
Speaker 2: Laura was like, you're about to get kicked off the tour as well, like the ranger was looking at me a bit funny, and I was like, no, he's not.
Speaker 1: He's cool anyway, he's like good kicks on.
Speaker 2: No one gave me any praise except for Eddie. Eddie was like, I've killed a few.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like when I was because they were they made their way south down the border obviously because you won't in Queens, and they made their way down and there's so much push land and stuff. A couple of things, right. They're good for one thing going Like a poisonous snake is around and eats one, it'll kill the snake. It'll also kill your dog if a dog eats it. And they're so hard to kill, like I have literally squashed one of its guts out of its mouth once and it splait it out of the road. And they do that.
Speaker 2: They do that on purpose. It's a self defense, said, and I walked away like and then he just swallows the guts and it like hops away. So when I kicked it, it's guts where out, and they're like it's dead and I was like, it's not even dead. You need to kick it like three more times.
Speaker 1: Let me do it. You just stomp on it.
Speaker 2: And the next thing it sucks the guts back in and hop away because it's back is all past. And the cane toad was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally sucked in. Fucker, I've survived, survived worse than you, Bro. You kick like my nana the way I ash.
Speaker 2: We've been edging the listeners this whole episode. Yes we have, and if you're ready to climbax. We've talked a lot about holidays.
Speaker 1: We are who bring the horn in here. We have a getaway. Get away. We have a giveaway. We have to get away. The cane toads are after us.
Speaker 2: We have a great prize that you, the listener, you can win and enjoy a holiday like Ashes just had, like I've just had, and maybe a bit more responsible than us. I don't think where you're about to go. There are no cane toads.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: But in celebration of us hitting one hundred episodes were now like one hundred and two, we are giving away. We're giving away one lucky family a three nights day at the Sunday's Boutique Hotel on Humilton Island, ASH. It is just about to open up. It's going to be ready for next early next year. They're currently building it to it's brand spanking. You may be one of the first families to stay there.
Speaker 1: How did we get that? How do we manage that?
Speaker 2: You're looking at so much?
Speaker 1: I don't know about this show, okay, so what I do know though? It includes breakfast, a five hundred dollars dining credit. I'm taking this a yacht cruise to white Haven Beat. Have you been to white Haven Beat? Many times?
Speaker 2: My friend?
Speaker 1: Beautiful must be nice worth seven thousand, six hundred and twenty dollars. The price is right in beautiful.
Speaker 2: Have you been t Hamilton Island before?
Speaker 1: I've been a couple of times. Nice with and without kids.
Speaker 2: It's bloody great.
Speaker 1: It is good. It's a great place for kids. It's a great place.
Speaker 2: And we're going to throw on one thousand dollars to make sure you're in the family can get there, however, way.
Speaker 1: Boat, you walk, speed boat, save the money. Yeah, that's a great price. So they could use the thousand dollars on flights.
Speaker 2: We'll just give it to them.
Speaker 1: Give it to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you want, you can. You can swim there.
Speaker 1: If you've already got flight credit, you could use that as spending money paid.
Speaker 2: That's that's cocktails, that's cocktail spending money.
Speaker 1: So as a family of four, so if you've got five, the fifth one the time. Yeah, so two adults, two kids, Okay, cool, okay.
Speaker 2: And the way that you can win okay, Well, we're asking you to do if you have a video that shows us that you deserve a holiday because of your kids, you need to post that on social media on Stories, tag us at two doting dads with the hashtag Hammo escape.
Speaker 1: H A mmo escape. So I'm thinking like, if your.
Speaker 2: Kid has gone in and drawn all over your bedroom walls with pen, have that on camera, send it to usliday. If your child has eaten your lipstick is covered in the head to so send it to us.
Speaker 1: You deserve a holiday.
Speaker 2: You deserve a holiday. Those are the type of nightmare scenarios that we would like to see. We will post some of those videos to show what kind of disasters were really after and.
Speaker 1: When will we announce the winner?
Speaker 2: Matt, So we'll let this run for a week and then we'll announce the winner and about seven days from now.
Speaker 1: All right, get in there, let's go.
Speaker 2: All right, if you're enjoyed this episode, please send it to a friends subscribe.
Speaker 1: What you should do is you should jump onto the Facebook group and go to two Doting Dads, or you can join us on Instagram at two Doting Dads. I think that's it. Let's go, let's get out of here. Yeah, let's go. Let's see guys, all right, budes.
Speaker 2: Two Doting Dads podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and the connections to land, see and community.
Speaker 1: We pay our respects to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander people's today. This episode was recorded on Gadagle Land