Speaker 1: I can't hear anything. I can't hear anything. I can't hear anything. Oh hang on, I've got the wrong headphones.
Speaker 2: So I imagine, if you will, that you are in a place of great beauty.
Speaker 3: Some teenage boys.
Speaker 1: Walk past you, they yell out, they bitch tits.
Speaker 2: The world you see is a place of paradox of beauty and cruelty. It will cut you off at the knees, then gift you a pair of easies. And that, my friends, is why you always always need.
Speaker 1: A buck up. Bata ba ba. I had the wrong headphones. On da da da about ba baa bat bada bah bah bodha ba boo. Don't don't dant. Welcome to the bucker.
Speaker 3: You're wearing something that's very bridal.
Speaker 1: Oh well, thank you.
Speaker 3: You look like a little bride.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that. Well let's see through.
Speaker 3: Oh oh no, but you know what is that called?
Speaker 1: Well, it's upon a time. It's called chaffon and now I think it's called something that's destined for the great Pacific rubbish patch in landfill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's land it's called landfill.
Speaker 1: It's landfill.
Speaker 3: Thank you for wearing a very pretty landfill type Hell okay, Lanbron.
Speaker 1: But I will I will wear it many, many, many times. Good. Do you know what I always find strange? Nate Valvo, my highly esteemed colleague, and Sasha French, if only she was here, would really enjoy this comment every week, play yourself. I think it's beautiful. I love you, Sasha Beats, your greatest producer in the land, in the land in demand, in demand in the land. She's in demand in the land. And you know what we say, one Sasha in the hand is worth more than two in the bush in the land of demand. What a What was I saying? What were we talk about?
Speaker 3: Favorite things that every now and then he's I don't say anything. And if I don't rumble so quick because I can't remember what was going to happen saying. But to be fair, I don't normally know either. But if we're going together, yeah, we'll get there. But you started landfill.
Speaker 1: Chiffond something before the.
Speaker 3: Let me say something please we rock up to the buck up tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this bus comes into the car park like.
Speaker 3: A scene from Priscilla poeent of the Desert.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what was going on. I thought, do I have to move my car? Because there's a delivery truck came rumbling in.
Speaker 3: It's you, Yeah, in your fur coat. Yeah driving.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what I was going to talk. Tell me the van, Yeah, the van. No, not the van, the fur coat. Well, hang on the van.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's your family car.
Speaker 1: Yes, that the nut buss.
Speaker 3: When you used to say the nut bus, yeah, I thought you were just exaggerating. Yeah, it's an actual bus.
Speaker 1: Well it's a mini bus.
Speaker 3: It's massive.
Speaker 1: It's not even a minibus.
Speaker 3: There's a video and it will be on our Instagram now because it's insane.
Speaker 1: How do you drive that? Okay, so I don't normally drive it, no offense, but I've been in a car with I'm a good driver.
Speaker 3: I've been in a regular sized.
Speaker 1: I do you bump into things?
Speaker 3: I watched you three weeks ago reverse into a party.
Speaker 1: You were going to mention that. But okay, So because my car are you know my friends the Doctor the Doctor car has had what my girlfriend called Sarah Harris from the Project said, oh, your car has had a pro lapse. Basically, it's just dumping oil all over the ground wherever it parked, like so much oil that I had to get Lewis to buy me my son a new bottle of oil because I'm like, I don't know where it goes to a new car. And then when I was picking Sash up the other day, what are you laughing about? Because I was in the front seat with you in the backseat and the oil leaked candly that car because Lewis hadn't done it up properly. Yeah, let's blame him. You know what this reminds me of.
Speaker 3: You know, you never ever forget when someone else's parents yells at you. Oh yeah, it is a lot's rare.
Speaker 1: Now, now it is, it's rare. It wasn't once upon a time.
Speaker 3: You will never forget when I've got someone else's parents yells. Let's go back to the YouTube.
Speaker 1: Came to let me play the harp pre time two thousand and three.
Speaker 3: Whenever I was painted, I was eighteen, okay, at Greensboro, my car from your dad. It's might hand me down Nonals car nineteen seventy something camera.
Speaker 1: That some ship, okay, but not from non He would have maintained, sure, but for a very long time. What color blue.
Speaker 3: Dark sky blue? Oh?
Speaker 1: I love that color? Car?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Love love Camri. Yeah, well, Corolla one of them, okay, very square, Yeah, my pea plates. My mate installed a CD system, Oh yes, ten stuck a CDs.
Speaker 1: Yes, one that had going the boot. I had a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put them in the My friend installed a sub buff in the boot of my nonals hand me down camery it. One day I'll go to my friend's house. Would a park in the driveway lakes oil?
Speaker 1: Oh no?
Speaker 3: Was it a yes?
Speaker 1: Okay? Never never never, never, never ran away.
Speaker 3: With that Bundura thunderer. Dad comes home from work and actually cossick and I've never.
Speaker 1: What did he say?
Speaker 3: A friend carn get oil off gone ground?
Speaker 1: Did you confess it's Mike?
Speaker 3: My car is on top of it?
Speaker 1: How did he see? He must have put stuck his head under. As soon as they see a foreign car park, the first thing they do on the way pass is put their head under for an oil stain. Like when you stayed at Posh Hotel in Balley and they put the mirrors underneath. See that there's nothing under your car when you drive into the drive us.
Speaker 3: To check for alcohol music festivals. Remember that, and then someone would have marriage. But other times the sender vip not me.
Speaker 1: I was with the real people. Never got what's a queue? The plubs? What's a queue? What? What's a cue?
Speaker 3: The queue of people behind you in the fruit shop and you, oh anywhere. I've never forgotten that while we're talking about oil. Oh your car anyway, very impressive. You parked it quite quickly, the van and quite well. Okay, So the thing with it is how do you reverse it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the problem. I can only drive forward into a parking space, and because it doesn't have cameras, it's only got senses to be fair caked. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't reverse angle park much anymore. Too much pressure. I'll bail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you need the option. I'll go around the corner. We live in the city. I'll keep looking. Yeah, yeah, but there's often the block premium.
Speaker 3: I had to bail on one the other day, absolutely mortified. I rock up to the front of a butcher slash fish shop.
Speaker 1: What I'm trying to reverse? I hang on to hang on back up? What next to each other?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: I thought that was a combined in Vietnamese bakery. Rolling there, Hello, mooney pots, and I'm trying to get in there, and you can't do more than one or two.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: There was a couple of guys in high viz near the bakery. Getting they help you, I sped off so quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, they'll help you. They'll help like they'll often help me when I'm reversing, I'm going to whine out my window. You wouldn't have to, they'd know that you needed help. You wouldn't even have to ask what I would throw them. I actually know they'd think I'm a mum because I've got the soccer mom car.
Speaker 3: That thing you your can't that little the rav Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a soccer mom.
Speaker 1: This is something I don't understand. Maybe you can help me understand. And Sash, you've heard this. We've had this discussion before. So you know, people are really anti fur. It's fair enough. No one wants animals being tortured for the pretty code quick question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get confused. Are they anti new fur? Ah?
Speaker 1: This is my point exactly. So some people who are, and you know, people love to align themselves with the cause because it makes them feel good, and often they align themselves with the cause because the cause doesn't really affect them, right, So no one's a hypocritin the car. Do you know what I mean. Like, everyone enjoys what they enjoy, but it's very easy to single out something that other people enjoy and go, well, that's wrong. I'm going to take that off you because I'm not interested. That's right, and it doesn't really affect me, but I'm going to be very vocal about it, stamp my feet and blah blah blah. So the thing about new fur, I totally get it, unless people live in cold climates or they're Inuit, in which case they're allowed to wear certain animals at the North Pole taking notes, yep, But what prey tell is the case again it's old fur.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm confused as well. You can't kill them.
Speaker 1: Again, so exactly, and what are you gonna do with them? What? They just go into the ground. They just landfill because someone's decided that you can't. So you can't even honor the animal by wearing its old skin.
Speaker 3: This fox died in vain that it no longer meate needs to be warm.
Speaker 1: But then here's the other side of it, Valvo, So you believe that your nylon gore Tec microplastic microplastic garment is superior to my old fur coat that's made from a natural thing that will break down should it end up in said landfill, whereas yours will never break down. Why do you think your Canadian Do you think your Canadian goose is better than my old, secondhand vintage fur coat?
Speaker 3: Why? No answer, I can't answer. Yeah, that's I'm definitely seeing you fur. Everyone's against new. Come on if it's secondhand vintage, yeah, the damage has been done. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I remember I was at a music facial. Normally at music festivals people are a bit, you know, especially camping festivals. But I remember some girls standing behind me, you know, in a Cuba the taco truck or whatever, saying to me, Actually she didn't say to me, she said it to her friend. That better not be real fur. And I was like, hey, lady, why don't you go back to your day job and wait till I return you a pineapple?
Speaker 3: Have you? Leady?
Speaker 1: Sweet leader? Curson at your life? Actually you're a regimented mother and a discontented wife.
Speaker 3: Wife life speaking of microplast, carbon footprint, all of that.
Speaker 1: Who ha that we love on the blacker? Yeah, we love it. And he's will I do our money back guarantee? Nice to wait until this might.
Speaker 3: Be the episode that we can't deliver that, So why would we give ourselves that pressure?
Speaker 1: Valvo. The money back guarantee exists in every episode, and some people might not know. When you bring yourself to the buck up, you might drag yourself to us.
Speaker 3: You maybe yourself in like a skinned fox.
Speaker 1: Exactly right. You will leave bright eyed and bushy tails like your coat with the buck up, having lifted your heart and restored God. This is your former glory money back guarantee.
Speaker 3: So I tried to be a good person. That's never happened right, And I tried to think of two things, one mostly my health. To be fair, this was a selfish purchase.
Speaker 1: Really become obsessed with you want to die. There's a yawning chasm between you know what. It's ever since you had to run for the plane away spun me. That's really rocked you.
Speaker 3: When I realized how unfit I was. I've been scanning gym's really having googling pets.
Speaker 1: That'll get your feet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm going to lose his money.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I decided a couple of months ago, you know what's going to give me cancer?
Speaker 1: Deodorant?
Speaker 3: So it's time that I got natural pace.
Speaker 1: Oh my good, give him that cook Oh you know that?
Speaker 3: No one?
Speaker 1: Well, so.
Speaker 3: Here my impression of the person that invented pit paste. Yeah, how about we make a product that makes people smell worse than having actual beer?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I can just does it not smell good? It's awful? Doesn't work? I think my girlfriend swears by it's oily and you're telling isn't it got bicarb in? It's a bit pretty. Let me tell you this.
Speaker 3: Okay, I put it on.
Speaker 1: Can I smell you not?
Speaker 3: Now? I'm back to I've got my colognes on now, okay, please douse me in forever chemicals so I can smell good. Well, yes, so i'ment all the way to the top of the tests, which was a live show.
Speaker 1: Run around that stay.
Speaker 3: It actually is the only time I get close to breaking out into a sweat cap.
Speaker 1: I'm not a sweater. Now, you're not as sweet? Are you a sweater? Yeah? I'm a sweat and no one. It depends what I'm doing. I don't know if I'm not a sweater. I think I get an anxiety live performance sweet right, like when we do our live podcast. I'm sure I'll be a little bit damp m just as sheene. Yeah, explain this. I put the paste on my pits.
Speaker 3: This alumm free.
Speaker 1: I can't say that word. Do you rub it in?
Speaker 3: Rub it in?
Speaker 1: And what does it detext you like? Is it likely but hairwaks? And you've got hair under your arms? Yes? Well were some people doing. I got an Olympic swimmer. While I get rid of it, A lot of men get rid of it. The pits they or whatever they do are yeah, I know. And also I quite like a hairy man. I keep it good.
Speaker 3: Groom, groom in that area under your RAMPI yes, you have to.
Speaker 1: What do you do? Little scissors trim, little trim, trim trim? What the lengthy? Interesting? Yeah? I mean I was going to show you. That's a bit odd. Yeah, show me weird.
Speaker 3: A little glimpse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was good, was it? It's very intimate to show someone. Yeah, I just noticed. I remember.
Speaker 3: What's just hit me right now?
Speaker 1: How intimate that one years ago I was at a pub. It is like that. I was at a pub, I remember, and I was talking to a friend of mine who was we were both riding on this same TV show, and I had my arm up in the air this and I was leaning on something. I was talking to him, and he said to me, it takes a lot of confidence to have an armpit exposed like that. And I was just like, what what do you and I? You and I are involved in two I've never forgotten.
Speaker 3: It takes a lot of confidence for a woman to race.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, because I had to sing it on or whatever. And I was obviously he was your ol natural he was. He was obviously aware of the intimacy of the arm pit that I wasn't aware of.
Speaker 3: I was so annoyed that I didn't get pubes and hair as quick as it seemed and everyone else. I wasn't too sure how everyone was going because little boys school, everything's about sleep, snak playing sports.
Speaker 1: Wasn't in the change. Oh no, you don't want to get yeah yeah yeah, looking for what.
Speaker 3: You could see in like year seven, grade six was armpit.
Speaker 1: Oh so you knew.
Speaker 3: I was always but if you had too much, you got bullied. If you didn't have any. It was a real spectrum thing about arm and what we bought. That's why I had no short sleeve shirts on up until year.
Speaker 1: I think it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: When if you get your hair sent as a DM. What was I talking about? Finish the show, go home like I always do, take the top off, throw it into my wash pile, as I do. I have a wash pile, as in sorry to wash the next day, and then I try and get it dry by that night to wear.
Speaker 1: The same show, A show, that a show outfit. The underpit area of the T shirt was black? What and that T shirt is ruined?
Speaker 3: It was black black black. I had two big.
Speaker 1: Black black masks like you're under armpit, said oxidized. I don't know what has happened. You know, sometimes it happens when people are allergic to silver, or whenever they get a big black mark on their finger. My T shirt was black, not my pits. What color is the T shirt? White? Black?
Speaker 3: Well, now that.
Speaker 1: You've got to you know what you've got to do. What you've got to return the T shirt, the T shirt and the deodorant.
Speaker 3: De odorant is in the bin, that's in landfill, that is gone. I'm back to the spray.
Speaker 1: I tried.
Speaker 3: I tried, Kate, it sucks. I don't know, Valva, do you have a suggestion?
Speaker 1: Okay, So my husband and I no longer I realize where do odorant? We just don't. But also I don't think do you come smell me? But I put perfume on you before? No, no, but not my arm piece. But also it's not good. Yeah see, because something happens, If something happens. I think it's true that if you don't wear deodorant that after a while, your body just starts to regulate its own smell. However, there are some nights when I have done the project, particularly if I'm wearing like a I don't want to say the label, but a label that maybe they love polyester, they love synthetic fabrics. Sometimes under my wardrobe, yeah right, Sometimes I'm like whoa because I've had.
Speaker 3: A and it's just like I've been in a and hey TV lights yeah.
Speaker 1: Correct, And also because you get that performance adrenaline. But my boys, of course love it. They love deodorant well thank god, no, no, but they love it the way teenage boys love it. The links, the links, there's still yeah, they links it up and I don't buy them. I don't know what sort how many countries are they?
Speaker 3: Africa is the only continent based oh links smell out there?
Speaker 1: What are the others? Well, Lynks has all different.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Tiger. It was a rex ooner boy long ones, huge ones that you can get. Yeah, right, yeah, anyway, I thank you for moving.
Speaker 1: So I pushed my husband too far with my toothpaste, with my toothpaste. So I've now got rid of our traditional toothpaste and we've got let me guess, toothpaste that's supposed to be good and enamel regenerator. And can I tell you the cookie? Yeah, the cooker's back. Oh cook has been.
Speaker 3: Cook's been sleeping on this pot?
Speaker 1: No, I just haven't been keeping your breast. We'll cook's on the back of my phone.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: Let me get it's an EMF disrupt out that way you don't rely to I just found them, and you know what, I got each of you one, and then somehow, because you've never appreciated.
Speaker 3: What I do for it blocks the waves that come off your phone. I don't know what rained humors and stuff is.
Speaker 1: What they said something I could scan but I lost interests.
Speaker 3: Okay, But anyway, I don't know what it is, but you still got and you gave us one.
Speaker 1: I got each of you one. Thank you? Oh Sash would like it? What was the other thing you gave me the other day? Drop the zea light? Do you know how I have to remove heavy metals from a body?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what I feel about this?
Speaker 4: Very good?
Speaker 1: I feel great after it.
Speaker 3: The stuff that's bad for us, yeah, everything, I sometimes think I eat everything. Oh yeah, I just think it's too late. If the phone is bad for me, Kate, I have been on it since I was nineteen. I'm forty one. Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: No, it's not done things accumulative? Oh, because otherwise you know what?
Speaker 3: I love my eggs in the morning. Yeah, but what do we use teflon?
Speaker 1: Done? What?
Speaker 3: We have teflon for days in our house after the eyeballs and upsetting forever chemicals is the third person in our relationship.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: I'm married to a scientist, and even he's like, uh, I.
Speaker 1: Don't even like it that when we moved into our new house there was a microwave there.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what else, I'm not on board anymore. And I will never do this and I have no interest in this. Tell me because it's none of my business. I will never find out my biological age.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm not into that. And also that creep. What's his name?
Speaker 3: Such Brian, someone who's gonna die.
Speaker 1: I honestly have never seen anyone who looks more like they belong in Twilight. Playing the role of an eight hundred year vampire. My friend said to me a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Turns out I have the heart of a fifty one year old and they are older that forty five. When I did something test ever, and I'm like, why, what is going on underneath?
Speaker 1: My skin? Is of none of my cons You what? On the outside, you're very portrait of Dorian And that's the bit I can see.
Speaker 3: So there's products, there's moisture, there's little help with a little needle here and there.
Speaker 1: And now that you know, one of the things that turned me off my car a practice Oh yeah, was he said to me, Yeah this. I'm like, I'm not on board with this, he said. When I first went in there, admittedly I was hobbling. I could hardly walk. I remember he was open on a Sunday, he was, and he said to me when I got on the table, young on the outside, old side, what was he doing at that time?
Speaker 3: And I was like, do you know what?
Speaker 1: At some point when you fixed me I'm dropping you because I don't need to be nagged.
Speaker 3: On the inside anything out. Here's the what.
Speaker 1: Now that I've taken my mega doses of vitamin D, I'm young on the outside and the inside because my back stopped hurting.
Speaker 3: If you were to this roll of dice, I guess yeah. Do you reckon your biological age is up or down from where you are?
Speaker 1: Down? Down?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Totally down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reckon my twenty four to seven anxiety has done something to me on the inside that I'm probably like seventy.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: You don't think no, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: You're very nimble. Also, I think it's how you think. You know, some people think young, and some people think, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I don't think it's cook up, but maybe it is. But Cody and I laughed at this for so long.
Speaker 1: We had a going by the way, Fauci Fouch's going great?
Speaker 3: Is he enjoying his job?
Speaker 1: Busy man? How is Bighama going out there making cash?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: I want it for him? Great.
Speaker 3: You were having a conversation laughing because we took our dog to the vet.
Speaker 1: Oh, of course, we never take her to the vet. She's always at the vet. She's always at the groom. She's at her doggie daycare twice a yeah, or she's with the butler. You know, she's too posh for my dog. My dog the other day had goop in its eye and you'd be like, I've got to go to the vet. But you know what I did. I got some colloidal silver and a cotton bud and I swiped Bearsky's eye and guess what, what's still goofy?
Speaker 3: No it's not.
Speaker 1: I fixed it.
Speaker 3: When my dog gets a goopy eyes, go and dab some well a tissue and get it out.
Speaker 1: Not hard, No, no, it was recurrent goop. Do dogs get conjunctive by the next same here? Can you ask on? Might be half?
Speaker 3: So my poor doggie had an open wound, not too woundy, strong as she's always out and about doing something. Just a bit of a cut on a paw up on the poor So.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's not really that funny, but we thought it was very funny. The vet does whatever, and he says, he gets his cream out. He goes, this is really strong. He goes a bit expense but it really works. It's meant for horses. When they get injured, when they get cuts.
Speaker 1: Was it over met?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, I'm sorry. I was going to give you his number. And if just the tiniest bit will do you know? I put it on the open wound. It's got written on there, you know, animal care wound and oh Cody would know what it want goes, but I won't lie. The wife is, the wife is, and then apparently the wife gets itchy skin.
Speaker 1: Oh the dog wound. Yeah, fantastic, like like I've e micked and the horse.
Speaker 3: Story about one night or in bed, she was just scratching and scratching, scratching, and then he cracked it. But I just don't use the great and then went and used.
Speaker 1: Did he tell you all this? To all of this? That's straight?
Speaker 3: And then she went and put on this dog wound horse wound cream stops and is so addicted to it now it's.
Speaker 1: All she ever used.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: That cooker. Yeah, that's totally cooker. But also let's not forget the drug.
Speaker 3: K I don't know it came from vets, Yeah, give me, we know it's a horse trainquile.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well, well so there's a there was history of of of vets using animal products on the humans. I love it. Any mintion of Derby really like puts my nose out of joints.
Speaker 3: You can tell. Yeah, here's what's going to happen. What we're film it for the buck up. Okay, they're going to be reunited and they're going to have a ball. You have no confidence will because my dog just likes people more than dogs. Maybe people listening have these dogs. So if my dog comes to what's a doggy daycare and she spends the whole time following the guy Chris around.
Speaker 1: And it's next to him.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if my dog comes to your house, she's following you around because you make food.
Speaker 1: Okay. Bear Ski loves balls more than dogs or people, right, And in fact, the irony is since he had his removed, he's more obsessed with them than ever. Like totally made. When sash comes over, a sash, look at her sash because okay, I'll say this about Bearski, he's an animal detective. Okay, yeah, so when you come over, he does I'm what I'm going to describe as a fornsic nasal investigation of you. He likes to go from it, and he likes to go back and he really sah, she's like his size, so he's really, he's really he really gives her a good going over, Okay, and she doesn't like it. But he smells something delicious. That's all I'm gonna say. And I personally am always complimented by a dog showing an interest in me. I'm like, yeah, that's good stuff. Why not?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: No? Okay, but speaking of detectives, yeah, that's good stuff. Well, so I was thinking of this the other day. When you know, sometimes you get caught and you end up looking at For me, it's normally work avoidance.
Speaker 3: How's your book? That was a genuine question. I'm simply I'm simply asking my friend how her book's going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you're not.
Speaker 3: How many chapters you're not? You're not anyway, I've written a thing. You can write a thing.
Speaker 1: I know, I know and I will.
Speaker 3: You know what you need to do You're really does help me. You need to make it public that you were doing it.
Speaker 1: I've made it public.
Speaker 3: You have.
Speaker 1: You've talked about I talked about on the project like a post if you post on instegn. The contract and so there's a part of me that's like I've still got to get out claw. That's what really helps me.
Speaker 3: I publicly, yes, now that I'm making this there.
Speaker 1: That it's true, I have to go and do it. Yeah, that's true. Anyway, let's not it makes me all eat.
Speaker 3: I can see, all right.
Speaker 1: But what I prefer is work avoidance, and that is just so joyous, very good at it, because you find yourself in really strange places like the other day, for I reckon an hour and a half. And this will come in handy in my life in some regard. I don't know where or when, but I know I now know how to get out of quicksand I know I've watched it. Hey, you know the mistake that people make Alva, Yes, yep, I watched the sun. Oh, we watched the same thing. The mistake that we should share it with the buckheats. People make the mistake of struggling, panicking, panicking and trying to climb out of it. But you can't. What you need to do is you need to crawl out of it. Sash, don't this will I'm listening. Were you're taking notes? Yes, slowly, very slowly, and you crawl out anyway. So my girlfriend, I was saying this to my girlfriend who's a buckwhet Ruth, Hello, Ruth, massive buckwheat And she had done a similar thing, which was a deep dive, but hers was something about watching police interrogate suspects. Right, that's her thing. It's really good. There's no kink shaming on this pod. Hey, not at all.
Speaker 4: Enough.
Speaker 3: We don't yuck anyone's yum.
Speaker 1: I love it. No, we certainly don't. You to hear what I watched one night for a few hours. What was it?
Speaker 4: You want to know?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Tell me.
Speaker 3: Like it's any of my business or have any interest. I watched this like one and a half hour doco on YouTube ones about how a cruise ship feeds ten thousand.
Speaker 1: Right, but interesting do they I'm going up on the way.
Speaker 3: You know what, I will watch that and I watched it a lot of way more chefs than you think.
Speaker 1: Really, so many ten thousand people's are lost. I'd imagine a lot of shep a lot, a lot a lot. Do they stop and pick stuff up on the way?
Speaker 3: I don't they must have huge No, no, no, there's no time for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Anyway, I would enjoy that, although you know what, I hate what I hate it on the news when they always say when they're always talking about how big an event is, and they always go, they'll go yourselves. Seven thousand, two hundred hot dogs. I hate that. No one, that doesn't mean anything to anyone. Yeah, seven thousand meters of Coca cola. No one cays, no one knows what that means. You're fools, Stop doing it.
Speaker 3: That's the AM radio sound effect. Moment, by the way, had seven thousand dogs.
Speaker 1: But you know it's always weird. They go more people than I'm not interested. Cool. Okay, So Ruth her deep dive, as I said, is watching police detectives interrogate suspects. And she was like, oh, they you know, some of them roll over easily and some of them are hard nuts to crack. We all know when we're waiting for crimes happen, they've got the person. We don't hear for days, sometimes weeks, what's going on. And this one, she said to me, but this one they lost her. So they're trained for, you know, to look for signs of people lying. So some of them are quite reasonable when someone's lying. So she's always I think it's so she can interrogate her son Billy. By the way, that she's into this. When someone's lying, especially during high stress interrogations, their brain has to juggle too much maintaining the lie. So the mental overload creates cracks. Right, And in this case, this particular case she gave me, the suspect had denied everything. So the police used a strategic device that they used, it's called strategic ambiguity. So they'll ask a vague this is their words, a vague but emotionally loaded quest right to try and trick someone, to sort of sidestep them. So this question that they asked was, tell me, if you think this is a vague but emotionally loaded question, what about the body in the fresh That's what they asked, because you would say, what about that's neither vague nor emotionally loaded. What body? It's yeah, exactly exactly. She was like, I don't think that you've got it right.
Speaker 3: But also, you know those body language experts every time may explain what lying is, they also are just explaining people like me who are sometimes very overwhelmed in a social situation. And I don't want to look at you in the eyes, and I cross my legs away from you, and I pick at my skin.
Speaker 1: That's not and Also, you know it annoys me because I can never remember when you're telling a lie, you look to the left or the right, the right if I'm watching you, yes, is it my left or.
Speaker 3: Your terrible cops. But also if you're a light detective test and they say is your name Kate? You go yes, sick right? Do you have a husband?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: See right. Obviously when they say to you, did you murder the person? And you say no, even if you didn't, that's the bit were we go, oh, here we.
Speaker 1: Go, yes, John that they say that you have to lie on a you have to lie on a normal question, one of the innocent questions. Then they see that your heart rate goes up. So then when they ask you one of the guilty questions later on, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't need do I didn't need t It all works out.
Speaker 1: Vague question, what about the body in the fridge?
Speaker 4: Not vague?
Speaker 1: Not vague?
Speaker 3: What about the body in the fridge?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: It's been so long since we've done this segment. I'm so happy to bring it back. Things that are embarrassing that shouldn't be, but they are. We don't know why is that a good sound song? There?
Speaker 1: It was that a regular segment a few times? Did we a few times? Oh? Yes, you running?
Speaker 3: Sorry with a suitcase? No that? Oh yeah yeah, well yeah, yeah yeah, I remember that. Well guess what while back at the airport? Are we another holiday? Holiday?
Speaker 1: A gig? So embarrassing?
Speaker 3: Why is this so embarrassing? It shouldn't be, but it was humiliating. I grabbed the wrong suitcase from the band from the never done it before?
Speaker 1: Oh no, identical to yours, from the conveyor be the conveyor bell. Did someone tap you?
Speaker 3: I grabbed it and it was heavy, and oh you knew that that wasn't yours?
Speaker 4: Thing?
Speaker 1: That was a bit light, I don't but not that heavy, you know, you light on your feet and saves your suitcase.
Speaker 3: Years ago when I first out found out that the way they call someone gay back in the day was once the best thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 4: His feet.
Speaker 1: And you are light and you think he's on his feet. It's a beautiful turn of frame. One are the other youths? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it's more embarrassing the fact that I didn't get caught or I had to put it back. Putting it back is the.
Speaker 1: Fu No, no putting it back is fine.
Speaker 3: It's if you get caught grab that's.
Speaker 1: The terrible beat. That's not me. We're people watching you. Everyone was watching. I don't think they were.
Speaker 3: It was humiliating.
Speaker 1: And did you see the person who then took it? I didn't because I didn't want to look up. Why because you travel a lot? Yes, you need to employ the device that our elders have employed since I'm immemorial. Yeah, you need some sort of tag, a distinctive one of you know the Asians love a belt. I love I've got a belt I'll bring for you.
Speaker 3: Do she belt? What age do you get to where you go to?
Speaker 1: Look alike? Where you go? I got it from those weed leather shops, you know, the Cerrico Sorocco. I got it from there.
Speaker 3: What age is not that when you go I'm going to put a ribbon on my suitcase.
Speaker 1: Not age, It's how many times do you travel and you don't forty five wisdom of age? Because I'm not there yet. I've never put a ribbon on a suitcase. You've picked up the wrong suits happened? Next question, what what age do you stop being a fool? Is the question? Age?
Speaker 3: When you start glad wrapping it in that machine.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's not an age, that's a that's a paranoia. Those people who actually believe the story that luggage handlers were putting weed in Chappelle Corby's boogie board, wrap it up. You can't help those people, but they should be wrapped in glad. Like those people are beyond help. I know there was a time where we all thought she was innocent. That was they were great. Sweet day. You visited her in jail. I visited her nail. I don't. That's chocolates Peyton's the King of Nuts and then covering caramel and chocolate.
Speaker 3: And she had a stab at you in her book. Yes, she slagged me off, but I have ever forgiven her for that.
Speaker 4: Who you?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I've forgiven her. I quite like a weird clocks.
Speaker 3: Did you win Dancing with the Stars?
Speaker 1: Did you do it? Yeah? I think she did. I can't imagine her working too hard at dancing. I can't. She might have, but I can't. I just can't imagine, because you know what she's used to. Jail time is not hard work time. It's hard in a different way, but you're not knocking yourself out in a Balinese jail.
Speaker 3: And then speaking of suitcases, it made me think of our friend.
Speaker 1: Dave Hughes.
Speaker 3: Goodness William's suitcases little story on his install last week or something.
Speaker 1: It is unbelievable because sometimes I see him and I think because I used to see him every dance so every day for eighteen years. So you know, sometimes madness is incremental and you need the time lapse camera to see it. Now I don't see him that often. I'm like, mate, you are batshit and his proof. Let's call him one of my favorites, the big Man. Oh, the one and only to David Hughes.
Speaker 3: We've been talking about you.
Speaker 1: Do you like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I love being talked about. You know that, okay?
Speaker 3: And I also want to very quickly say this because I know you're about to go on stage, classic husy. You are looking very sharp and very good at the moment you.
Speaker 1: See you are so thin. And the other night he said this thing. Do you remember what you said the other night, Hughsy when we saw it. Yeah, yeah, bread is because you said, I said, you are so thin. It's just that's but you.
Speaker 4: Rewrite the Bible, guys. Honestly, Moses did Moses say it's the staff of life.
Speaker 1: For the staff of life that says it in the Bible.
Speaker 4: And you've been paid by brumbies or something.
Speaker 1: You know, when the Jews had to get out and get away from the Israelites had to get away, Moses led them through the wilderness for forty years. Do you remember that.
Speaker 3: Lane where they know it was the original I'm celeb to get.
Speaker 1: Me out of You know why they weren't lane because you know that expression manner from heaven. Every morning they'd wake up and there was a coating of white like soft pillowy bread on the ground called manner that God had seen overnight, and that's what they ate.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, that's all very well. It looks like they've done a lot of steps and they'd be pretty and you're not looking lane anyway.
Speaker 1: You really brought me down. And then also, you know what you didn't acknowledge in that conversation, the role that you're self medicating with ADHD meds is playing on your metabolism, which is basical.
Speaker 4: Come to do with that speed? Got it.
Speaker 3: On the record here, I'm going on the record here. I have never provided you with a single tab because.
Speaker 4: You haven't been in the same city at the same time.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he certainly promoted the product because he's.
Speaker 1: Got he's got ADHD whereas you know what you are, someone who has not taken any substance for thirty five years, who's now finding workarounds.
Speaker 4: No, but I reckon I do have it.
Speaker 3: I've got all the excuse how excuse me very quickly.
Speaker 1: I'm no doctor.
Speaker 3: I had my doubts about Dave Hughes's is it self self self digass diagnosed a on the Google Okay, so he's had to chat to AI chat GP. How do I get free drogs? Yeah right, Yeah, I had my doubts until I heard this story came me too.
Speaker 1: All right, hush the defendant David William Hughes keeping bang bang. So just tell us what happened to you the other week when you and I were in Sydney to film a TV show. The next morning you called me.
Speaker 3: I was in the car.
Speaker 1: I was already coming back from the airport in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, look, I was at the Melbourne airport after traveling back from Sydney. And I always use hand luggage when I can, because I hate waiting at that carousel.
Speaker 1: You taught me to wait.
Speaker 4: I do it too you. So I'm waiting for my uber at Melbourne Airport and then I just sort of thought, hang on, where's my bag? I didn't have a bag with me, so and then my last memory as understanding it was was it going through security at Sydney Airport?
Speaker 1: So an hour and a half about it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know what, I'm about to go on stage. But I've had ADHD medication the night before.
Speaker 1: How often? How many have you taken? You've taken too many because you told me you couldn't sleep, and that's it.
Speaker 4: But I should have had some in the morning before I got on the plane because I didn't have any man and that was the problem, and I forgot my bag. You had two more in the morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's you know. That is what will sort out most addicts, is just to take more of the substance.
Speaker 3: And the suitcase where is it?
Speaker 4: That's true? Now you can hear that I'm about.
Speaker 1: To go on. Where is the suitcase? Yeah? Tell us where what the suitcase is? In a brewery Hastings.
Speaker 4: But if you if anyone's at sitting airport soon, can you grab my bag?
Speaker 1: Still? There fine chockers.
Speaker 3: Okay, how is that his only Dave Hughes would take a call minutes before going on stage. Yea, but there was one in the background introducing him.
Speaker 1: I heard that it was a woman that was like him being called at the airport. He's got to learn to say no, hughsy come on, this is his life.
Speaker 3: My favorite Hughesy story. One day we're having a chat at the airport. Yep, yup, yup, and I was like, when's your flight?
Speaker 1: Nah, they call me.
Speaker 3: I don't think they call you. I think they call people when they're waiting for you at the plane. Two minutes later, I've been called. No, even when I ran for the gate, I still didn't get called. You have to be so late to be called.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been called. I've been called on an international and with my husband.
Speaker 3: But you know why it's hell because if you don't get on the plane, they have to take your luggage off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I know, but that's why you know you've got an extra twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Like, really, the looks that you get. I know.
Speaker 1: I'm not advocating, I'm just saying it's like it. Peter and I got called on an international flight, and because I'm always he always wants to get to the airport early. It's one of those people whereas I'm like, i'd like to time things. I like things to be zen.
Speaker 3: You know, you run up to say someone that's late loves to say sentences like I just like to be zen.
Speaker 1: No. But what I mean is I like the timing to be seamless. I don't want to be wasted.
Speaker 3: Speaking of late social question, Yes, here's what I feel.
Speaker 1: Hang awe to sound feats okay, yeah, usually.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: I feel that if you're going to be twenty minutes late, yes for something, cancel the event?
Speaker 1: For which event? Coffee, wedding?
Speaker 3: No, one on one, oh, one on one, if it's one on one and you're going to be more yeah, seen, I'm going to say, yeah, it's a cancel. Come on, it's a cancel. I'm not naming names off to a coffee park in the car, who I park the car? Lure me a non shobies. I don't want to name and shame. They text you know something something nightmare twenty minutes Oh no.
Speaker 1: No traffic, No, what was made tonight? They must have told you the cancel.
Speaker 3: That's a cancel, and I'm more than happy to leave then and there, Well, why didn't you? Because I tell you why? Why I've got to do my favorite thing, which is a winter car set.
Speaker 1: Oh and a scroll?
Speaker 3: Was the sun streaming in freezing day. The sun's coming right in the right direction. This is the key about the sun. It's hitting your skin but not your eyes, so you can still.
Speaker 1: Scroll, okay, And you know what, I use that as plucking time on my eyebrows. When the sun's coming in, it's in the mirror. It's the greatest cat you'll ever have.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I don't even scroll my phone and I just stare forward because I'm warm and out. There is not Yes, and if someone walked past, or so someone did, you were solid by being maybe if someone walked past, I would have looked into the car and just seen me just sitting there staring at her.
Speaker 1: Was sitting there because it's a warm window, just to sit and stare it. There's not enough of it at nothing. It was nothing. Yeah, I love it. I don't know twenty minutes. I know it's borderline. I know it's very rude. So late. A girlfriend of mine got angry once and I've never quite felt the same way about her because I saw a side of her that I hadn't seen before. Now I'm entirely wrong in this whole scenario because I was picking her up for her own birthday lunch.
Speaker 3: But your zim, and because I.
Speaker 1: Was late and I was late picking her up, but she was so angry when I picked her up.
Speaker 3: Was there other people waiting for you?
Speaker 1: Well, she thought there would be, but you know what happened. Those other people were stuck in the same foot ball traffic I was stuck in, which she doesn't know about because she's from Sydney, and so they arrived later than we did. And it was only then that she kind of forgave me, and I was but when I saw how angry she was, and then I had to sit in the car with this angry person taking it, and I knew I was wrong. But even so, I'm just I'm just you know, she could have just taken my luggage off the plane.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, why do we all use you? By the fae?
Speaker 1: I forgot? Oh because of his luggage.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, all right, it's still in Sydney.
Speaker 1: I mean he's never getting it back.
Speaker 3: Let's go get it.
Speaker 1: What would be in it Nazi.
Speaker 3: Actually, when he told me that story, have I thought, what would Hughesy have in his carry on?
Speaker 1: Okay, I know what, he's got some wardrobe shirts that he would have borrowed anyway, not even his.
Speaker 3: We can't say what show. But how exciting that you and I both got to do this TV show.
Speaker 1: I think we're allowed to.
Speaker 3: What are we not allowed to?
Speaker 1: Coming up? They've pronounced that. Yes, okay, fine, talking about your generation.
Speaker 3: We've got to do an app but not together. That would have been really fun.
Speaker 1: That all happened in the future. But television, But show's coming back. I love television. It was really fun. It was so fun anyway, and he would have had a shaving kit. He would have just had a toiletry bag with toothpaste smear on it.
Speaker 3: We're talking about him. He's listening. He'll listen to this app because we called him.
Speaker 1: Do you think he will sar? I don't think no, I don't think so. Hello, I don't think that. But mind you, he's got the podcast van remember what's happened to that?
Speaker 4: The other night?
Speaker 1: He goes, I know, I know it's about time. I used Is it still parked out? It's got flat tires. Now had a flat battery. You got a new battery. Put is it still parked out in the front of the house. I mean if someone who needs somebody to live.
Speaker 3: It's a text from.
Speaker 1: And Lane Brook. Yes, see the consternation on your face. Welcome to my world.
Speaker 3: Your daughter screencap this and send it to you as a text from mom.
Speaker 1: Who was that your mom? That's my mom.
Speaker 3: That's your mom, my mom. So I send her a message on a fresh bagel with smoked trout and cream cheese.
Speaker 1: Yep, I've made bagels and you've made them, yeah, bathing them. I make a really good bagel.
Speaker 3: Some believe the most shocking thing about this screen cap is that your battery on your phone is eighty percent unheard of.
Speaker 1: Oh it's first thing in the morning. It's shocking. Why should it be.
Speaker 3: You seem like a real fifteen twenty I'm constantly you seem like a real single digit battery.
Speaker 1: I am too often. I'm talking to Sashwall. Get cut off it just look.
Speaker 3: It just I don't leave the house if it's under sixty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but sometimes you don't have time to all the time. I don't have kids. Can I have zero responsibilities. Okay, so we have a charger issue in our house until Peter cracked it at the kids.
Speaker 3: But we have charges for days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we've got but also there's seven people in our house. Would you have enough in charge anyway?
Speaker 3: Because this guy over here loses them a lot? Hotel and then I find the other one.
Speaker 1: What do hotels do with all the so many phone charges? And you know what, when you used to arrive at a hotel, you could say to them, what can I've forgotten my phone charger? Do you have one? And they would always give you one, And now they pretend they don't have any it's their job, you no, no, but what are they doing with them? They've got thousands of them? Are they selling them? Were like, what are they doing with all the phone charges?
Speaker 3: It's not work that mag charge a thing where you can to put your phone on just the side table charge. I actually think it takes battery.
Speaker 1: Maybe it does. Maybe you know, it's like, say, what was it that someone was stealing battery to go mining.
Speaker 3: The matrix coin?
Speaker 1: The plot to the Matrix I think they said that about Twitter or x that people at one point were like, at my battery is draining when I'm on this app and people were like, they're taking your battery to mine for bitcoin.
Speaker 3: Well not you, because you've got your little thing on your phone that's blocking my ef yours, Yeah, was an em F blocker. They were quite expensive, significant gif Who was selling them? I can't remember, quite likely what a fresh bagel with.
Speaker 1: Smoke, trout and cream cheese.
Speaker 3: A lovely message from Kate. Your mother replies, yes, please and some fruit smet No grapes and fit th h I double t yeah right, no grapes and fit yeah, no grapes, little cheese ware just please laughing cow question mark. No grapes, no apples, no bananas.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, that's and that's my husband's See you know what she wants. If you take out our grapes and bananas, what fruit are you left with? You know what I had for her? A lovely pineapple.
Speaker 3: This is going to make you feel very odd. What when you handed me that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I thought that was you replying to your door. Say, what does it say that you're that? I just thought that you'd behave I thought that.
Speaker 1: I'd be like that. Sorry not yet, but I will one day.
Speaker 3: What a buck? I'm bucks it's a good buck so good.
Speaker 1: It was a deep bucking sash? Was it the deepest you've had? Very deep? The buck Up podcast is hosted by me, Kate lane Brook and him Nathan Balvo. It's produced by the brilliant Sasha French. Audio and sound by the magnificent Yack Lawrence you might call him Jack. And Dom Evans, Oh we're lucky, ey,