Speaker 1: This is Outspoken. The podcast is not afraid to say exactly what you're thinking.
Speaker 2: Our names are Amy Kay and Sophie Torber.
Speaker 1: We're identical triplets, but we often don't have identical opinions, so sometimes things can get heated. Outspoken covers all things reality TV, influencers, entertainment and issues facing women.
Speaker 3: That is so fatch.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Welcome back to Outspoken.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: This week, I've really been.
Speaker 1: Reminiscing on my first job because it all started when I was listening to Jamazing, which is a podcast by Chris Lily and for anyone who hasn't heard it, it is so bloody funny. He takes the piss out of Australian influencers with his character Jamai King, and basically she's a wanna be influencer and a spoil rich kid. And in this series, I really think Chris Lily has gone back and done his research because she's drinking spicy mugs, she's pretending to be woke.
Speaker 2: It's bloody brilliant.
Speaker 1: So in the most recent episode, Jamay is forced to look for a job because she's actually having to pay for her rent and I found it so funny because she said she was out putting a resume in it all these retail stores, Zimmerman and Scanler and Theodore, and then she said that she had a weak moment and put a resume in at Baker's Delight, which is where we all had our first job. And it just made me laugh thinking back at that time. And of course she gets the job, but Baker's Delight, That's a bit I love the most about this podcast.
Speaker 2: I feel like Chris Silly has.
Speaker 1: Worked at Baker's Delight before, or he knows someone who has, because his analogies or stories about Baker's Delight are literally spot on. Because one I really related to was Jammay saying that every time her manager leaves, she takes her hair head off because that was literally me. I hated those hairnets and I would always try and pull my hair out of the cap because it's just so unflattering.
Speaker 2: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Did we have to wear a hat over the hairnet? Yeah, you were a hat and then you had to have a hairnet with your ponytail or barn in it. It was not a good look. It doesn't really make sense because it's not like you're actually base the bread. You're literally just putting it in a bag, I know, but I feel like it's the esthetics of it, so it looks like, you know, you're part of the crew baking, well, you are slicing the bread. So I suppose a rogue hare could fall in there talking about the bread. I used to hate it because there was a certain type of customer, usually a middle aged woman, that would come in and demand that you slice the bread vertically rather than horizontally, because I actually had to ask one of the senior staff members and it was apparently because they make pin wheels, yeah, bread pinwheels, And it was so hard. I always used to pretend that I knew how to do it, and then someone would have to help me, and it was just so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Don't you love that At.
Speaker 1: Those sort of first time jobs, are's always somebody that knows everything that you can run to. It's like it's easier for them to put in the order and cut the bread. Now. I'm not going to name names, but one of the managers there, she had worked there since she was twelve or thirteen, so she'd been there for about nine years, and she was such a bully there. I couldn't stand working with her. She would always pull me aside after the shift and tell me everything that I'd done wrong. And there was this other guy there that we nicknamed bread Men and literally so one of the things that Baker's Delight is you always have to look like you're busy, so you have to pretend to be restocking the shelves, and I remember I would be on my hands and knees restocking the shells and he would stand on my apron strands and then he'd say stand up, and I'd stand up and the apron would come off, and I don't know, it was all a bit creepy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the best parts about working at Baker's Delight, though, was the fact that you got to take home so much stuff if you close, because I remember we'd be like stock stacking the car with finger buns and you'd be dropping bits of bread off at different people's houses.
Speaker 2: Well they were supposed to give.
Speaker 1: I think they gave all of the bread to charity, and then all of the sort of sweet items they couldn't give away for some reason, so you did get to take them all home, no, because I remember so that when the boss was there, you could only take one thing on your shift, and then the charity would come in and take the bread. However, she would then just slide all of the sweet stuff, like all the delicious finger buns into the bin, and I could never understand why the owner wouldn't want to give them to the staff rather than binning them.
Speaker 2: I so reckon though.
Speaker 1: As the episodes go on with Jamazing, I think that Jamay is going to get really heavily involved in Baker's Delight, and she is going to be that person who's there for nine years who's telling all of the people they are what they're doing wrong.
Speaker 2: No, she totally is.
Speaker 1: She's going to get to the franchise. No, I think she'll get fired. Yeah, I reckon she'll get fired as well. I really want to hear other people's first job stories because I feel like there's a lot of funny stuff that goes on in your first job, or even the behind the scenes stories that people might not know. Like I love hearing stories about Hungry Jackson McDonald's.
Speaker 4: I'm eating a light of finger buns, Oh my god, And I keep like scraping the icing off with my Cartier bracelet, Like when I go to put the finger bunds in a bag, it'll like accidentally scrape off this big chunk of icing and then I just like when the customer's gone to just like nibble it off the bracelet. I keep getting busted to for not wearing my hand hat, so like as soon as the how did you guys, I just like take it off.
Speaker 2: It's like, fuck it.
Speaker 4: It looks so fucking disgusting.
Speaker 1: Like rumors are swirling after Chloe Zepp and Mitchell Orville's Gold Coast home was put up for sale less than a year after they purchased it. Now, so this has come as a surprise to many followers. Yeah, it really has come as a surprise, particularly because the couple have just put the finishing touches on their newly renovated Paul area and also Mitch has just updated his much spoken about movie room. Now. As you mentioned, Amy, Mitch and Chloe have owned the property for less than a year now now. On the ninth of February last year, the couple announced to their followers they had purchased their family home after years of renting. Now. Their son Artie was only five months old at the time, and Chloe said, you couldn't wait to create memories in their family home. At the time, Mitch had the news on Instagram, posting a photo of himself, Chloe Zepp, and their son Artie standing in front of a sould sign. In the caption, he wrote, the greatest feeling in the world. Five years together, a beautiful son, and now our first home. The last year and a half has been a whole lot of growing, pain and accountability. Two years ago I went to my accountant with a lot of tax and financial problems. My party habits were expensive, and my life was slowly spiraling downhill. This is proof that it's never too late to put your head down and make something of yourself. So fucking proud and happy. Can't wait to start the next chapter of my life with my family. March eleven couldn't come soon enough now. This post caused a lot of controversy, and shortly after it, Chloe and Mitch called for privacy because followers managed to track down their address from the post. So despite the fact that Mitch had blurred out the address on the for sale sign, he left the property description, which ultimately led intrigued followers to find the address by simply googling the property description. It was pretty easy to find. I do remember all these posts were popping up where people were saying, oh my god, I know where they live. I mean, I'm looking for a house at the moment, And to be honest, it is really easy to work out where people live when they do share the fact that they've just bought a house, and.
Speaker 2: It's really easy if you look under the sold section.
Speaker 3: It really just popped up.
Speaker 1: So a few hours later, Chloe and Mitch both removed their posts and took to Instagram to explain why. Chloe shared a photo of herself looking annoyed to her Instagram story with the caption, people trying to find our address on real estate are the reason we can't share pics. Sorry, Pam. I wish people weren't so creepy and could respect our privacy, but here we are. She followed up with another story with the caption there's people dming me my address seriously. Mitch went on to write, had to delete the photo of our house. Sadly, we can't share these moments without people trying to google and find our address and share it around. We are slowly finding it harder and harder to share private parts of our lives without people overstepping, and since having ardi privacy is far more important to us than it ever has been before, it is a fair point because if you look at Molly May and Tommy in England, they had their house robbed after sharing too much information online about it, So I can understand why they would have been a bit distressed that people were sending them their address. Yeah, particularly when you've got a young son and would be really scary to know that people were trying to find where you live and potentially drive past the house. And I think most people are probably just being nosy, but it's hard to differentiate between the people who are nosy and the people who are actually going to potentially.
Speaker 3: Rock up and rob them or harm them.
Speaker 1: Well, talking about being a little bit nosy, influencer watchdog account Influencer Updates revealed that a local real estate company had recently listed Chloe and Mitch's mansion on the Instagram account as a property coming soon. Influencer Updates was careful not to include the name of the real estate company as she didn't want to reveal the location of the house, so Influencer Updates also revealed that the couple's personal assistant, whose business is called Sorted by v is in the process of selling their furniture, listing dining chairs, barstools, side tables, and living room chairs all up for sale on the PA's Instagram account. It appears some items need to be gone urgently, with the description saying need gone asap. Amongst those items was Mitch's infamous Louisverton scooter with the price tag of three point five thousand dollars. In terms of this excuter for those that were wondering, because there was a few questions saying, what the hell has Louis Vton released a new scooter. It's actually just wrapped in a Louis Vuton branding. Yeah, because when I saw that, I was like, that's pretty cheap for a Louis Vuitton's scooter three and a half grand. I actually liked some of those chairs. I was like, Oh, I wonder if we could reach out, and they did look a bit born. Really they would have been new, though, because every roomor they moved in and everything they got was basically new. Every influencer moves house and buys all new furniture to fit it. I actually thought the pricing was quite reasonable. I'm quite sad that I don't live on the Gold Coast and can't take advantage of this sale. Might be a little bit orkies rocking up to collect the items, I think after discussing them on the podcast. So rumors ever split started circulating, while others thought the couple may be moving overseas, as Chloe has made comments in the past about wanting to live in Bali or Hawaii. Now, the split roomors were quickly shot down when Chloe included Mitch in her Insta stories showing off her new ZIP headquarters. So Chloe had Gold Coast interior designers Studio Beck styling the office, which is said to be finished in a week's time, so it's obvious they're not moving overseas now. The other rumor that started gaining traction is that they're downsizing. So many people are speculating that Chloe's active wear Brown Zep is facing money problems after their very controversial anti vax stance last year, which saw many women creating videos throwing out their ZEP activewear. Now, this is of course just speculation and the Zeps have not confirmed any of this information at all. The other thought is that Mitch also isn't working across social media, so potentially he doesn't have accessible funds to pay a very expensive mortgage or to live their luxurious lifestyle. Now. There is also a very hot rumor that they are waiting for Angry Dad and Sharon to settle their house in Melbourne. Then they will combine their money to purchase land to build two houses so they're close to one another.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: There's also a rumor going around that Dylan and Crystal will get in on the deal and also build a house nearby. So it kind of sounds like the Woo Woo commune and village that people would speculating about a couple of weeks ago. And I do have to point out and reiterate this is just a rumor at the moment.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but I can't.
Speaker 1: Imagine Angry Dad being part of that Woo Woo lifestyle. I mean to now I changed a bit on his Instagram, but it kind of sounds nice and are living near each other in a big house, like I can imagine wanting to do that with you guys. Yeah, I wouldn't mind, but I feel like with the three of us, they'd probably I don't know if for the same street or next door to each other. I think that could be dangerous. I think nice and close. Now. There was also some speculation that perhaps the couple were moving due to privacy reasons, and that they wouldn't want the fact that they were moving to be highly publicized due to the fact that they still appear to be living in the house. So I was really surprised to see that real estate dot Com had printed a full article on their news section promoting the fact that Mitch and Chloe's house is up for sale now. In the article, they list the full address, include a photo of the house's exterior, and also a map showing the property's proximity to the water, as well as what the couple pay for the house. So they revealed that Chloe and Mitch paid one point eight five million dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, this makes me.
Speaker 1: Think that they're clearly not living there. The fact that they're selling off their furniture. I wonder if they've already moved into a new place, already furnished it, and now they just need to get rid of the stuff before some of the Chloe's well, Chloe has been posting a lot of her in an apartment near the water, and she was doing that before the house went up for sale.
Speaker 2: Chloe also has.
Speaker 1: Been posting a lot about why she is missing from Instagram and all about the fact that she's going through something. So I do feel like there could be some validity in this whole split rumor. Do you know what's so bizarre about this article? Though? As I said, you would think, judging by the couple's previous behavior about not wanting to have photos of the front of their house up online, that you know they would be a bit cautious when promoting this property to the real estate market. But it sounds like they must have given their blessing because their real estate agent was quoted throughout the article, so they have their agent. Mitch Lambert said, what a better time than when the market is so buoyant for them to make a lifestyle change. They are planning to stay local on the Gold Coast. They've got some really exciting projects coming up as a family now. He also said in the article that the couple only bought the property twelve months ago, but have decided to take advantage of the booming Gold Coast market. Isn't that basically just like saying, hey, suckers, here's a house that they bought for one point eighty five and we're just going to bump it up. Do you think this is a bit of pr management because the article only came out once all these rumors started circulating, So don't you think it would be a way for the couple to control the narrative. Actually, we're selling it to take advantage of the market. We're in actual fact, it might be a case that there is a split, but they're trying to cover it up because Mitch for months has been talking about the him and Chloe aren't going well. Mitch has disappeared off social media. Then suddenly Chloe is saying that she's going through something. It just doesn't really make sense that suddenly they're like, oh no, we're actually just selling our house after being here for nine months because of the property market. I don't know how happy they would have been with the rest of the article, because it was really weird.
Speaker 2: At the end.
Speaker 1: The journalists had tacked on a couple of lines about how Chloe and Mitch had hit headlines when they didn't wear masks at bigw and also the fact that Chloe supports Chinese medicine. I mean they didn't say she was anti facts, but they were alluding to it. Another really weird part of the article also was when the marketing agent reiterated that the couple had extensively renovated the house, and that information was jux supposed with the news that the street featured a raft of what they referred to as mega mansions, with the highest sale on the street going for a whopping fourteen point five million dollars in October. So it just reiterates the fact that clearly the Orvils and Zeps are set to make a lot of money off selling this house, particularly because they have renovated it. Do you think maybe that real Estate dot Com actually approached Chloe and Mitch after all of the rumors started circulating, and then the Asia was like, oh well, it's already out there, we may as well make it look like we were aware and where Kyle, I personally think it's pr management. I personally think that they would have thought, how are we going to spin this now? Chloe's EP sister weighed in on the discussion. A follower asked her in a Q and A why are Chloe and Mitch selling their house, to which she responded because they want to now. She also commented on Mitch's absence on social media. So a follower asked, a Mitch and Chloe, Okay, I know he is quite on socials, but then scene sorry, that hurts my soul to say that, but then seen Chloe's story yesterday. Now. Kate responded, saying, Mitch is completely off insta and I don't think he will be returning. Sad he's gone because he was so good at what he did and he used his platform to help so many others. Chloe is the most amazing human I know. Honestly, I'm so lucky to have a sister like her. She's going through it right now, but she's legit superwoman. They're two of the closest people to me, and I will do anything for them. So Kate actually messaged Mitch to clarify. Mitch sent back a lengthy post saying there comes a point in time where you need to weigh up what you're doing and ask if that's really of service to you anymore. Social media threw me under a public microscope, which accelerated the speed in which I was forced to go through experiences publicly and felt the need to have to share everything. After a while, it was clear the path that I wanted to choose in life could not be served through social media. Living a life and having to prove that I have one were two contradictions I was struggling to bring together every day, and for me, that sacrifice is getting offline and not fulfilling the need for validation from everyone else online, but ignoring it from the four walls of my home. I love my new path, and I thank God every day for showing me I can still have some aspirations, but go through different doors. The need to earn and succeed and grow and become more will never disappear, but for this life, it will not be on social media anymore. Does anyone think that there is any truth in what Mitch is saying that he's never going to be back on social media, because I still think he is biding his time before he's back. He's going to I think he's going to come back bigger and better than ever. And I just think that there's a bit of rebranding going on. I mean, we saw that ZEP is under a big rebrand for twenty twenty two and see the whole family align low into a sort of anti vax sentiment that surrounded them has disappeared.
Speaker 5: We haven't even told them.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we bought house. We bought our first family home just so we.
Speaker 5: Can settle with Artie.
Speaker 3: And yeah, we've been renting the ages, so we wanted.
Speaker 5: To get into the market. The market's been crazy, but we finally found something.
Speaker 1: Slickstick owner Mia Plastic has turned thirty in style holding a lavish affair at a mansion in the Mornington Peninsula. So can you tell us a little bit more about the party. Yeah, well, the theme was Capri for a Day and it was held at the Merrick's North Glasshouse Villa, which overlooks the Coastal One region. Now, the property is known for its unique architecture with huge glass ceilings and it is an absolutely stunning property. It sleeps up to eight guests across four different suites and it has a soul a heated swimming pool overlooking the vineyard.
Speaker 2: Now there's also but you just turned into a real estate agent.
Speaker 1: We have story about Chloe and Mitch's house. I'm enjoying your take on this party. I think I know we're looking for an airbnb to stay at for our thirty third birthday.
Speaker 2: Is this available so well range?
Speaker 1: I think it may be a little out of our price range. It was listed at one two hundred dollars a night, and interestingly, it does state in the policy terms that no parties are to take place and that guests must register vehicle number plates to access the front gate. So I really wonder how this host felt about the fact that Mayor held rather a lavish birthday party there. I do think that's quite a common clause, and a lot of Airbnb contracts again not to have any parties. I've seen a lot around Hen's parties and Bucks parties. The thing is, though, one two hundred at night, that's not too bad if you split that between eight guests, maybeeah tybe it's a go for the thirty third. Now, it's pretty evident from the onset that this event was all for the gram. So in the garden, she had these long tables set up, she had professional menus, lemons decorating men. Professionally printed menus has them at a backyard birthday party. She also had yellow napkins rich people. She had a biscuit shaped like lemons set up on people's plates. It was very instagrammable. There was also a life size illustration of Mia on an arch shaped media wall with thirty written above it, as well as a number of large balloon installations, a bar, and a white dessert cart. Now, she also had a live illustrator there who drew portraits of the guests. And just to be clear, it wasn't one of those artists who back in the day drew really offensive cartoon drawings where they emphasized everyone's worst speetures. It was an illustrator that was super flattering, did these fashion styled sketches. I'd hate to think how much money that cost.
Speaker 2: So who was there? Because I feel like this would be quite a ritzy event.
Speaker 1: Well, there weren't that many notable guests. They're the only one I really saw was The Bachelor's Kierra Maguire. Now, no, you're wrong, Sovie, because Sophie Kesh was caught out smoking a jar in the background on a photo.
Speaker 2: It was it in our group.
Speaker 1: Maybe she was lying low because Survivor was on it. I don't know, but she was definitely there. It definitely was her with a cigarette. And I always enjoy people getting caught out in these situations because it makes me think how many photos. Have I been in the background of doing something embarrassing smoking a dark gay No, definitely, I have never smoked. But you know when you're like walking and someone snaps a photo and you're like, oh, I can just imagine how horrible that would have been. Now, it was pretty grotesque because at one point, I think it was. The day after the party, Mia shared a table full of the gifts that she received from her friends, and I mean, I think there's always a level of intrigue of what do people get as presents. However, I think when you start seeing a sea of orange Louisvton gift bags, I'll find it a bit braggy and cringe and I just think, what about the friends who bought her something?
Speaker 4: Shit?
Speaker 1: I mean, this is a great gift, a glasshouse candle, but I can imagine rocking up with a glasshouse candle. When everyone's given her a frigging Louiston bag, you look like much stitchback. I would love a glasshouse candle. Maybe you'd have to get about ten or probably more than ten.
Speaker 2: I think, you.
Speaker 1: Know, you know, when it was all twenty first season, I feel like people don't really buy friend's presents anymore.
Speaker 2: For years. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I suppose to someone's party. Yeah, I suppose if someone's putting on a lavish party. Now. Of course, Mia enlisted the help of many vendors to make this extravagant party a reality, and she used a number of small businesses in Melbourne, including an event higher business, a custom biscuit business, a local florist, and also a balloon supplier. Now it appears one of the supplies is not happy though, because under MIA's post about the event, one woman wrote, were you planning on thanking the small business who.
Speaker 2: Worked for free at your party? Now? This comment?
Speaker 1: It was lucky I saw it because it was swiftly removed, and I do find it really interesting. I'm not sure who the supplier in question who allegedly work for free is, but I do find it quite interesting because her boyfriend is camp painting for the United Party to help out small businesses, particularly those in Melbourne who have done it tough during lockdown.
Speaker 2: So it does even be odd to me if she hasn't paid these people.
Speaker 3: I mean, I shall just rise above it. I shall let this thing affect me.
Speaker 5: In forty seven, how is she?
Speaker 1: This week we saw the return of married at first sight and it didn't disappoint. Now, Amy, can you tell us about the surprising standout cast member.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so social.
Speaker 1: Media has spoken and fans have fallen in love with Brent's best man, Levi. Now, just to refresh everyone's memories, Brent is the tattooed groom who has a fear of feat So he used to work in Dubai running an events management business before COVID struck, and then he's been forced to come back to Australia and he's been working in hospitality. I was so confused during that because I thought they were initially saying that he had a foot fetish. No, so he actually has a fear of feet, but I think so foot phobia. Yeah, so that his partner's feet need to look nice, but he doesn't want to touch them. He doesn't really want to see them, but he doesn't want to have someone that has manky toes.
Speaker 2: Basically i'd be off that lost man.
Speaker 1: So Brent is married to Tamara, who so far has been painted as a bit of a villain and I'm getting complete Inness vibes from her. So basically everybody loved Levi because he stood up for his friend Brent after Tomorrow turned her nose up at the thought of him working at a nightclub, and this spiked a big debate about whether Tomorrow would like to date somebody who works in retail. Yeah, it was great because Levi totally gave it to her. He inferred that she was elitist because she actually admitted that her previous partner did work in retail and she was ashamed go out with him. I mean, people loved that, but they also love the fact that Levi is very good looking and it reminded me of John Mayer or something else. So celebrity that he had vibes from. Well, he's basically become Jessica Power's hot brother of this series. So everyone's been going on about him. Everyone's been looking him up on Instagram and he has over one hundred and twenty five thousand followers already on Instagram. This was before he appeared on Maths and he's also signed to IMG Models and has doubled in acts. So do we think he actually is genuinely Brent's broad Is he just like an actor?
Speaker 2: A render friend.
Speaker 1: Who knows it wouldn't surprise me if he was an actor that has been hired by nine.
Speaker 3: Now I'm really.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to twenty five year old Al perkins wedding. So he's the brother of influencers Leah and Mimi Perkins, who have a combined following a four hundred and twenty two thousand. So far, Our's only got about four and a half thousand, but his following's obviously going to grow after appearing on Maths. So do you guys remember him because he's the carpenter who's he said on Monday's episode that he was the best looking groom out of all of the contests. Guy. Yeah, and he rated himself an eleven out of ten. Oh, he was a complete douchebag. I mean, it's and I think that it just made Maths lose any sort of integrity they may have held onto because it was so obvious that he didn't apply for the show, that he's not interested in being married. I mean he said that he'd never had a girlfriend before. Why if you've never had a girlfriend, would you then want to jump into a foam marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, I feel like everyone knows now, just like they do with Love Island, that the show is a platform for people. It's not so much about actually finding love, and I think that we're all happy to buy into it if we get the drama, and I think we are going to get the drama with him, he kind of gave me Joey essex vibes. I loved how he was going on that he was the best looking guy, and then they had that blonde guy come in who everyone was like, oh my god, this guy is good looking.
Speaker 2: Somehow.
Speaker 1: I forced Brandon to watch the first episode with me, and I was hilarious because he was just cringing when that guy was saying he was the best looking. He's like, God, I just don't talk like this. This is not normal. My favorite part of the episode was when Hour was asked what he was most insecure about, and there was his massive flaws and then he's like, my legs, they aren't as mustly as I want them to be. Yeah, insecurities are probably my legs.
Speaker 2: Is that a good answer?
Speaker 1: It's like, yes, that is a great answer for the maths producers. What did you guys overall think of the episode so far? I always hate the first episodes because I feel like they're really slow to get into it. It's like, let's just meet the couples and get into the juicy bits, because I always find myself it's almost like a marathon to get through the first couple of episodes, and then it just puts me off from watching the rest of it.
Speaker 2: I just really want to get into the dinner party.
Speaker 1: I love the Honeymoons, though, I feel like it's really entertaining because on their wedding day, they're obviously presenting the best form of them as a person. You know, they're dressed up to the max, and then it was the best you're supposed to look on, the best version of you. And then as they get to the honeymoon, suddenly the cracks start to appear. Like even in the first episode, there was that really tall guy with the.
Speaker 3: Beard, and he and his new wife were.
Speaker 1: Really getting along, and then they fast forward to the next day and he's trying to feed her fruit out of a bowl and you could just tell she got the total ick, like, I, you know, I'm a mum. I don't need to be fed out of a bottle. He was a bit full on, wasn't He was? Like I hate when the grooms give this big heartfelt speech and they're like, oh, you're my partner, and my person is like, we know that you wrote this without meeting the person. Literally, anyone could be standing in front of you and you could be saying these Its a bit of.
Speaker 3: A red flag.
Speaker 2: That guy was quite nice.
Speaker 1: He came too strong, he was until they the next episode where he was trying to feed her fruit on the bed.
Speaker 3: It was a bit much.
Speaker 1: I always wonder when I'm watching it, do you think that the brides choose wedding dresses that they're never gonna ever wear at their real wedding. I'm pretty sure you're always really out there. I'm pretty sure Martha came out and said that they were able to pick between some dresses and then they always give them the dress that they don't like to try and cause drama. Yeah, there are a few interesting hairstyles as well. I do wonder how much control they have over what they look like.
Speaker 2: And he's idiots the money, get a pot, my mom, gee, I've got money.
Speaker 1: Now it's time for our pit and peaks of the week. Now, Kate, can you kick us off with your pit and peek? Well, the pit of my week was a very costly visit to the emergency vet. So our puppy Sonny ate a sock when I was out to dinner. Fortunately Reese was home, so he rushed her to the emergency vet. It ended up costing around six hundred dollars to give her a tablet to throw the sock up. So fortunately as she is fine, but it was quite a stressful night because it ended up taking quite a few hours and Reese was sitting in the car waiting because of COVID and someone actually took a chicken into the vet. I would not like to know the story behind that. So I'm really happy that she's okay. But just before she ran out with a sock in her mouth, and I've been so careful putting my socks away and it ended up that she's now been pinching socks from the washing machine.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's a golden retriever thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the peak of my week is the Bodykind campaign that has been released recently on Instagram. So the Butterfly Foundation and Instagram have partnered up to present how five digital creators use Instagram to be bodykind. So the five influencers involved are Olivia Rodgers, Alira Potter, Matt Hay, Kate Walsley, and Denny from Style by Danny, and I really enjoyed it because they were giving tips on how to say bodykind on social media and how you shouldn't believe everything you see on Instagram, and I was just thinking it would be really helpful for teenagers out there. It is rather an interesting move from Instagram after all of those negative reports came out about how Instagram is having such a negative effect on teenager's body image, so I feel like it is quite a strategic move for them to partner with the Butterfly Foundation.
Speaker 2: Sophie, what about your pit and peak for the week.
Speaker 1: Well, my pit is a bit of a controversial one and I already know how you guys feel about it. But it was the treatment of Dani Medvedev in the Os Open final, and I have to put it out there. I'm a massive Rafa fan. I was so excited for Rafa to make it twenty one Grand Slams. The only thing I didn't like was how the Australian crowds did treat Danny and oh my.
Speaker 2: God, let me finish.
Speaker 1: He has been cast as the complete villain of the Grand Slam, and I understand that he has made some controversial calls and he's been aggressive to the umpires and so forth.
Speaker 2: He has acted like a bit of a bad sport.
Speaker 1: But it made me feel really sad to listen to his press conference when he was saying that his experience at the Australian Open has made him lose his dream of continuing and he doesn't want to continue further than thirty And let's be honest to the listeners, because the only reason Sophie is sticking up for this guy is because he freakishly looks like her partner Brandon.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Mum came to me and she's like, oh, Brandon looks a lot like one of the tennis players. And I was like, oh, who is it? And then I look him up and I'm like, oh, that's not the most fluttering he honestly looking so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: There is this weird like it's kind of from the eyes down that look exactly like Brandon.
Speaker 2: Like Brandon most.
Speaker 1: Of his face, Well, Daddy's losing his hair a little bit and Brandon's not, so there's a few slight differences.
Speaker 2: Not to be mean to him, so.
Speaker 1: It's just sticking up for him because she kind of thinks of him as being britch. I just felt sorry for him because can you imagine making it through to the to the final and no one cheering you on.
Speaker 2: They're being zero support for.
Speaker 1: You, because he literally kept like pulling faces at the crowd and like to be fair, you know how everyone's saying, oh, he was mouthing boring in the background of the speech, I think he was mouthing booing because there were still people booing him when he was mentioned. I feel like our listeners won't have looked into this as deeply as you have.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Sorry for that.
Speaker 1: Now, to finish on a high, my peak of the week is an Instagram dog called Jeffrey. Now. Jeffrey is an Afghan hound who suffers from a new logical condition and he is part of the Black Josh Foundation, which rescues and rehabilitates dogs with disabilities. And he is just the most joyful, beautiful dog. He has this long, shaggy hair and his owners say that he kind of resembles an hour because he's got these really big brown eyes.
Speaker 2: And he fancy pony. I love he looks like a fancy pony.
Speaker 1: And he gets around in a wheelchair and it's just so beautiful because he just he's so.
Speaker 2: Good at running on his wheelchair.
Speaker 1: And I also love the fact that when he sleeps, his nose whistles, so it sounds like he's singing.
Speaker 2: And he's definitely one to follow, isn't it.
Speaker 1: He Literally whenever I see him in my Instagram feed, he totally brands my Jay. So if anyone else wants to follow him, his account is actually at olive dot the dot Tiny Dot Doodle, so that's his sister who he lives with. And also, if you want to donate, you can head to the bee like Josh Foundation.
Speaker 2: They're doing such incredible things. Now, what's your pit?
Speaker 1: And pk Amy, Well, my pit was that Dale and I went to a number of auctions on the weekend. We missed out by hundreds of thousands of dollars, so that was a bit of a down.
Speaker 2: And I feel like that's a bit every week I know.
Speaker 1: And the peak has been discovering reality TV show Olivia Meets Her Match. So this show is on, HEYU, And I must admit I've already watched all like the first series of it, and as much as I as I can of the second series because they're still releasing episodes. And the show follows Olivia Attwood, who was a fan favorite on Love Island, so she's kind of a bit like you know Fay from the most recent series of UK Very Direct. Well, people say that Faye is a cheap version of her. It's actually really horrible because they're so similar. So she's very direct. So she found love on the show with Chris Hughes. And what's really hilarious is they actually had their own reality show come out called Chris and Olivia Cracking On, but the show only lasted three episodes because they broke up in the middle of it. So did they actually air it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it aired.
Speaker 3: I think you can watch it on nine now. It's actually quite funny.
Speaker 1: But obviously the reality TV gods have spotted something in Olivia because they've commissioned this new show and it follows her and her new fiance, Bradley Dak and brad is an English footballer, so basically, Olivia's not afraid in saying he's basically loaded and he pays for a lot.
Speaker 3: Of their lifestyle.
Speaker 1: She's also an influencer, so she's just going to say she'd have a fair bit of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah she does.
Speaker 1: So it's one of those really great shows that you just don't have to think about.
Speaker 2: You just sit back and watch.
Speaker 1: And they're planning her wedding and they've just bought he they buy a house in it, and they like, you could.
Speaker 2: Just lose yourself in that sort of.
Speaker 1: Tack nothing this Oh it's not even tacky. It's just like, I don't know, I just love the feel of it. So I'd highly recommend if you're looking for a bit of a nothing reality show, go and watch.
Speaker 2: That would be great over the weekend.
Speaker 1: I reckon if you're having a quiet weekend or you've been isolated, you to COVID, find that and put it on. Well, the thing is, at first I was like, wow, Olivia is so rude to Brad, and now I actually really love her.
Speaker 2: I just think she's hilarious.
Speaker 1: And apparently the media in the UK are touting that she's going to be the next Stacy Dooley. And Stacy Dowley is of course an investiative journalists who has really amazing documentaries. So apparently Olivia's working on this documentary about OnlyFans. It looks absolutely epic, so I can't wait to see that one too. I'm definitely going to add it to my list of shows to catch up on. Well, I think that's all we have time for. Thank you so much for joining us for today's episode. If you have enjoyed it, could you please make sure you are subscribed on Apple Podcasts and also Spotify, and we'd love it if you could leave us a five star review because Sophie is reading them.
Speaker 2: I am reading it.
Speaker 1: I haven't been happy with some of the latest ones. Yeah, Cat and I stick of her emailing the negative one, So maybe send a positive one so Kate and I don't have to read them. And also make sure you go into our Facebook community which has Outspoken the podcast, and tell us about your first job experience. We want to hear some inside details a bit different workplaces, and make sure you're following us on Instagram and also TikTok. Our handle is Outspoken Underscore The Underscored Podcast