Speaker 1: The christ Joanna O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, so thank you very much. By the way, to Catherine just sent us a lovely text just to say she's glad to show's back, glad we're all safe, and to thanks for doing what we're doing. I really appreciate that today because last night I couldn't sleep him. I was really worried because we're all in different locations with the I don't want to call it magic. Whatever it is that we have together, it ain't magic. Whatever it is that we have together, would it still be there? But I'm very, very lucky that whatever he has still hopefully working with Jack and Coburg and Pats. I didn't even know where Pats is, I mean trying to speak to her down the line, but they're from here. Now where have you been the beach? I just had to do something for the news. Sorry. I was worried that the line of fallen over all some workman out of where to put a shovel through the compound subli and and the backup generator, or there'd been a security breach out of the David Koresh compound that you live in.
Speaker 1: Ah No, I'm here all.
Speaker 2: Right, guys, you're doing a great job. Well done, all right, So what we're going to do now? They last off and I've been telling you what's been going on with us for the last forty eight hours and why there was no show yesterday and that won the gold team had tested positive for coronavirus over the weekend. He is doing very well. It's actually a lot better than today. I've just heard from it sysn't a show and he's doing very well, for a lot better than he did that the weekend when he did the right thing and rung the hotline to say that he was having symptoms and the rest they got him tested and did the right thing, and the emergency services here and the healthcare people and the care workers are doing an amazing job right now. So if you work in those industries, thank you very much for all the work that you're doing as well. But because we've been talking about us and what's been going on with us overloa half an hour, I really want to know how you guys are doing. So it's just a question right now. I've just checking in to see how are you actually doing. It's Wednesday. We've had this for a couple of days now, Who is doing okay? And what are you doing to keep okay and to look after yourself? Who is struggling at the moment, maybe trying to have zoom meetings conference calls from home. I had a first experience of what some of you be going through yesterday. We are to have a way too long, way too long conference call, obviously just checking for safety. That was okay for us to come back into the station. Who would be coming in, Jack would be at home, Patsy be at home, I'd be here. Who'll be here with me? I mustn't have any contact with them? And I haven't. And so but that conference call with Gav and Huggy bosses, ohs, how did it go on for?
Speaker 1: Well, it took fifteen minutes just to get started.
Speaker 2: Everybody going out? How do I turn the camera on? You guys?
Speaker 1: Hearing me? Am I hearing you?
Speaker 2: And also right, I know that two senior management members muted their microphones so they could go and get the oven man turned up for our boss Sue during that call, and she had to mute it again because her cat was about to jump over the wall. And I don't know if you heard at one point you could hear some yelling, and I wondered who she was yelling at, and I rang her afterwards that what was the yelling at your rangement? Now the cat was trying to escape? This is what people be doing. Where they trying and conduct business from home with zoom where they got all the home distractions were not set up at the moment. Are we to have these home offices? How are you guys doing? Who is doing okay? Who's finding it hard? How are you guys doing so far with what's going on? Let me know the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, We're asking you, how are you doing this morning? How's your week been so far? What are you struggling with with all this? What's going well? What are you found that's working for you? Nine four one four one o four three anything you want to share? Christian, My name is James, and listen to show right now live in Seattle, obviously scary time for us in America. Listen to the show every day on podcast. Today is the first time I've ever been able to listen live as I'm temporarily working second shift because Seattle, like Melbourne, is now on a lockdown. I work for an aerospace company. We fall into essential business category and like bare in Melbourne, so it's business as usual for me. For me, the toughest part of what's going on right now has not been able to fly back to the UK if anything happens to mom and dad. But I guess you'll fit in the same thing as well. Yeah, James, member wi fi. But thank you to you and the team for doing everything you're doing. I will be leaving you a thirty second diary for the show for tomorrow. James and Seattle, thank you very much for that. Let's go to Luke. Good morning, Luke.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, how are we Yeah, we're pretty good, Luke.
Speaker 2: Actually we're okay. Luke. How are you getting on so far?
Speaker 1: Well? I work at Bunnings and the amount of disrespectful in patient people coming through is disgusting. We are run off our feet. We are trying our best understand that everyone, and for those that are giving us respect and that are being patient, we can't thank you enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't stand. I was in the supermarket the other day and I just I know. We're all scared, right we are, We're scared, but there's still we're still gonna remember to be kind because you guys, everyone, whether you're in you know, Woolworths, Coals, Bunnings, you're all just trying to do the best you can in the same situation we're all in. There is no excuse to be rude to anyone or short with them, you know. I mean, it must be a really stressful environment to be working in at times, Luke, it really is. And I'm sorry you're really strug at the moment. Thanks for sharing with us, mate.
Speaker 1: There's a struggle to part with people being rude. We are trying. We are definitely trying one hundred percent and trying not to have a breakdown is impossible. We're worth could any retail worker. We are trying our best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really are, mate, And what are you doing to get some support because you guys are out in the front line.
Speaker 1: You know, we just lean on each other at work. We get together and support each other.
Speaker 2: You know, because I think as much as we've got to be very very cautious and smartly cautious about the danger from coronavirus, the danger that our mental health with all the fear and paranoria and anxiety and you know what you're going through Luke as well. We need to. There's a kind of two pandemics, isn't there. There's the one from coronavirus, But there's the one from the anxiety and the stress that this is causing.
Speaker 1: All of us. There certainly is. And I don't know how people can go home and feel good about themselves making others feel like rubbish and sending them home in tears or making me feel as little as anything. Like I understand people are losing their jobs and all that, but that's no excuse to come in and be rude or think that you're you're you're the one that should be served first. There is lines, there is self distancing but in place, and you've got people that won't respect that. Like, if you're not going to respect that, we won't serve you then.
Speaker 2: And I'm guessing, Luke, that you aren't the only one that be feeling this.
Speaker 1: No, the whole team is like the whole team. I just don't get what people don't understand about respecting the team, Like we're there to help you. If you're not going to support us and respect us, don't expect service.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only way, the only way we're going to get through this Luke is by being kind to ourselves and each other. That is the only way we're going to be able to get through.
Speaker 1: This one hundred percent. Stick together like we've never been through this, No one's been through this. We're all. This is a learning kit for us all.
Speaker 2: And so are you back at work today or have you just finished what's that?
Speaker 1: I'm just a bit the start work, but we're all working over time and putting ourselves at risk to help the communities.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, Louke, I really appreciate the courage and bravior that you've show and given us a call this morning. And you know there are a lot of people listening to this show. Maybe we've all feeling guilty over the last couple of days of being short with someone and just in that moment, trying to get what we think we need urgently to get through this, and maybe your words. You never know who might be listening right now, but I bet everyone who is listening has thought about this in a very very different way. And you know, just your struggles and speaking for people in different industries who were meeting members of the public who are stressed and getting a bit angry and short with you just how imporn is to just take a breath and just remind us that everyone is just trying to do the best at the moment to getting through these extraordinary.
Speaker 1: Days, a hundred of us. And then you get your good customers who are giving you great words wisdom. Man, that's what we want. It makes you feel that a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Well, if you listen to this show, you've got a decent heart. And if you've got a decent heart today, if you're in Bunnings or you come across anyone in any who's serving you or trying to do their best, say thank you for doing what you're doing. That's what we should be doing today. Do you want that little one out? But Louke, I hope you're okay today, mate, I really really, I really appreciate you trusting us with what's going on. Is it will really help, mate, because you never know who's going to listen. And I know that everyone who is listening right now will think about how they behave today.
Speaker 1: Yes, well hopfully they do think about their actions before they lash out of someone.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Luke, I hope you're getting the support you need as well. Thank you very much for giving me a call and I hope today is a bit kind to your mate.
Speaker 1: Hopefully. Thank you guys, all right, take
Speaker 2: Care, Luke Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast