Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian indoor games. We I used to do indoor high jump. Listen to Ben. I used to pull two mattresses off my brother's beds and stack them as crash mats. Then use suitcases, chairs or anything I could find to stack up the other side of the mattresses.
Speaker 1: But a broom.
Speaker 2: It's very inventive. This a broom across them to jump over. Surprisingly, I didn't break much doing this, just snapped a few brooms. Coming up a little bit short, Steve Butler, what about indoor games at work?
Speaker 1: Christian?
Speaker 2: When I was going through a redundancy process, I used to play football and cricket in the office.
Speaker 1: About everyone else he wasn't going through that.
Speaker 2: Love that Steve's still here. He's still looking for a goalie. This afternoon at two for kickoff, we drew goals and wickets on the carboard doors. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Ash.
Speaker 2: Myself and I mate used to split a pair of boxing gloves between us. We only had one pair and we would do one and did boxing. Do you do this? I love that pick one. You can only use your left or right hand. I love one hand in boxes at the Olympics. Ashplythes well done, Chris Win, Me and my sister Toway Babington in the hallway with a balloon.
Speaker 1: What did you do in indoor game when you were younger? Jacks?
Speaker 3: He was always an argument between my mum and my dad where the ball games were allowed in the house because mum rightly new things got broken with the balls. The dad was so keen for us to develop our hand eye coordination and our ball handling skills that he negotiated that we were allowed to use the soft foody inside the house, but the softwood. He was enough still to break mum's stained glass ornament that hung in the window, the suncatcher.
Speaker 2: Oh no, the suncatcher. All right, So indoor games, what stories have you got for us? Nine four one four one oh four three and I forget still having a giveaway a thousand dollars in cash yet this week for our Call of the week. Whenever we hear a great story that we love, we give you an instant one thousand dollars. That's all thanks to Mercedes Benz.
Speaker 1: Barritt, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Now listen, Pats, It's lovely to get in a sort of text round robin with you and Jack during the show. But the key thing is there during the show. Jack and I both have Apple watches, and both of us are getting pinged on our wrist and I think it's an emergency.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 2: No, is pats talking about a friend of hers who's called was he called bish Bamford?
Speaker 4: If my cousin you would have called one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent is called bif And it's a photo of him with milky feet that will be giving away an hour ago.
Speaker 1: But it's sort of thing that lovely little bit.
Speaker 2: Of light froth chit chat during the day. But in my I've had four messages about this. No, but you're keeping it going, chack, I have replied, because I'm doing a radio show right now with YouTube. Please team all right, we radio is one time formation V. Everyone come on ressemble, all right, nine four one four one o four three. We're looking for your stories about the indoor games you used to play, Patsy.
Speaker 1: Do you you I must have done indoor games when you were a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we played indoor cricket and smashed the two glass windows with the cake of soap we used as a ball. What you always improvise.
Speaker 3: Why weren't you have a ball as a kid.
Speaker 4: We were, but it was just more fun to have a CaCO, So why would you go out the back and have a ball.
Speaker 2: And also a lot of violent criminals use soap and socks don't need to attack people, So probably starting to get the use of using that at an early age. And yeah, it around that sting on a leg or you know, the stomach training.
Speaker 1: That's the word.
Speaker 2: Greg, Good morning, good eyod morning, Good morning Greg, And tell us about indoor game used to play.
Speaker 5: Full contact AFL indoor SoC football.
Speaker 2: The future of the sport. Forget about Vegas, it's here indoor socks.
Speaker 1: So break it down for us. What would happen?
Speaker 5: Oh, well, a ball wouldn't last too long and we had donted chew it, so we invented, well, a pair of socks. Any socks would do, but generally the light of the better. And then because you kick it quite often, it'd fall apart. So we'd put a couple of rubber bands around it to keep it together. We'd cross section the rubber bands and we'd get in the back indoor porch and we'd have a door at each g and then We used to play a full match, throw the ball in the air and rack it to each other, and yeah, it was pretty full on.
Speaker 3: How many people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's playing this? How many? How many?
Speaker 5: In a side that was only two of us. It was me and the older brother. He was five years older. So who's throwing up the Well, we both did it and it was obviously favored to whoever threw it up.
Speaker 2: Strange concept and also not just this full games.
Speaker 1: That's a long.
Speaker 3: Time and you what do you what surface are you tackling on to?
Speaker 5: No, it was concrete and there was a concrete steps coming down one end, so you had to be very careful. There was a few few cuts and a few of braces. It's a lot of.
Speaker 3: Games, especially because you know who's going to have the ball.
Speaker 5: Had an indoor plane there. I think it was called els and isn't it. It was a cycle one. It took years to grow and they had long dangling branches and of course that got knocked around all the time.
Speaker 2: She went too all right, Greg, thank you very much. She cool, have a good day. Thanks going the show, Greg Las, Good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Christian, Jack and Pat.
Speaker 1: Goome On and Lizzie and what indoor game.
Speaker 6: Did you used to play, Oh, we used to play punching balls, which was off Rompero with Miscellina, and it just it's a big balloon and it's got the elastic string and you have it on your wrist and you go punch, punch, punching.
Speaker 1: Balls, your handles.
Speaker 6: Thank you, beat on the run, punch punts, punching balls, no matter what do you do? The roly poly punching your bull is coming to you and you do that and then sometimes you just like just find each other with it and try and get each other.
Speaker 3: I remember those balloons.
Speaker 1: You did it work for work, punch and so much fun. Yes, you wonder why.
Speaker 2: The words the way it is booking to Australia.
Speaker 5: What you do?
Speaker 2: I'm sure you go online on YouTube. You can find the old VFL games with that music underneath you. You know those big Berson running through.
Speaker 3: Videos at Greg's house.
Speaker 1: This is a kid's thing. Unbelievable. How you all race like this?
Speaker 2: Nine four one four one o four three Your stories of indoor games. This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast