Speaker 1: My name is Satasha Bamblet. I'm a proud First Nations woman and I'm here to acknowledge country. Te Glenn Young Ganya Niana, kaka ya Ya bin Ahaka Nian our gay In Mbini yakarum Jar, Dominyamga, Doumaga Ithawakawaman, damon Immalan Bumba bang Gadabomba in and now in waka ghana on yak rum Jar Watanadaa. Hello, beautiful friends, we gather on the lands of the Aboriginal people. We thank acknowledge and respect the Aboriginal people's land that we're gathering on today. Take pleasure in all the land and respect all that you see. She's on the Money podcast acknowledges culture, country, community and connections, bringing you the tools, knowledge and resources for you to thrive.
Speaker 2: She's on the Money. She's on the Money. Hello, friends, and welcome to She's on the Money, the podcast.
Speaker 3: That makes personal finance is fun, especially on Friday, and I am excited.
Speaker 2: This Friday, Guys, is.
Speaker 4: Like no other.
Speaker 3: It is our one thousandth episode and to celebrate, we are bringing the goodies to you, our loyal.
Speaker 2: She's on the Money Community.
Speaker 3: I am talking prize packs and gift cards glow plus we'll be giving away some of our favorite things.
Speaker 2: Talk about a good money win.
Speaker 3: Joining me for the festivities is none other than Miss Jessica Ricchi and of course the wonderful Miss Beck sayed, can you believe we have.
Speaker 2: Recorded a thousand episodes already?
Speaker 4: So many episodes?
Speaker 5: Be so real?
Speaker 2: A thousand that's like four digits And some.
Speaker 3: People have listened to every single one and multiple times, because I did the maths when we got our Spotify wrapped last year and I was like, what are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: Like you've listened to more than the minutes I've created.
Speaker 3: Wow, some people have listened to it double time, and it's actually incredible. I'd like, I cannot tell you how grateful I am do not only be sitting here after one thousand episodes, but just like for the community that has been along for the right I cringe a little bit when people say I went back to your very first episode.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh no, no, baby cakes, don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 3: But we've left it up obviously because it is powerful and it does really cool things. But my friends, while there are no dilemmas, this week, we will be revisiting some of our earliest memories. We're going to be sharing an update from one of our very first money diarists and rewarding some of our most active community members. We are in our sentimental era and I feel like it feels just right.
Speaker 4: Oh, I feel emotional.
Speaker 2: I am as well.
Speaker 3: And because it's a special occasion, we thought it might be fun to do things a little bit differently.
Speaker 2: So new segment, She's Stashed the Money.
Speaker 3: If you've been tuning in over the last few weeks, you might have noticed a few odd sound bites working their way into our episodes. Well, now I can finally reveal our big plan. We've been dropping a word just here and there that makes up a one mystery sentence. There are five words in total, and the final word is being revealed today right here on the Friday Drinks episode. Why well, my friends, If you are the first person to correctly place these words in the correct.
Speaker 2: Order, you might just win a cool thousand dollars cash.
Speaker 3: Once you've heard the final word, head on over to our Instagram, where you will find the entry form in our link in bio. There you can take a guess at your five word sentence. If you haven't already, please go back and listen and make sure that you write them all down, and then you can submit your five words sentence for a chance to win. Entries closed tomorrow, my friend, because we want this to be quick. If you're in the community and you have been listening to our show, this is how we are planning to reward you.
Speaker 2: How cool is that?
Speaker 5: That is so cool.
Speaker 4: I can't think anyone who wouldn't love one thousand dollars just like on a randomnoon.
Speaker 3: You know, but also just being rewarded for being consistent and listening to our podcasts. I just feel like, when we were sitting down and we're like, how can we properly reward the community.
Speaker 2: I didn't want it to be super random.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wanted to make sure that we were a little bit intentional, and I feel like this is our way of playing mind games at the same time as giving away cash to the most committed person.
Speaker 6: Oh my, I just know already. If I was like listening to this and I was just like twelve pm, you've already turned it off. I no, I'm like sick to my stomach. I'm like, oh my god, I go back and make sure I've found like I would be racing.
Speaker 3: I love that for them, I love it. I'm excited. All right, guys, let's take a really quick break because I'm sorry. With a thousand episodes under our belt, we have some really fun sponsors that we want you to hear from. But when we get back, we'll be diving into more thousandth episode exclusives. That was a mouthful, but don't go anywhere. Welcome back to our thousandth episode of Sheese on the Money, where we're taking a little bit of a trip down memory lane and looking back at some of our earliest moment mints. All right, we've got what I have called my moments. Okay, Jess, be honest, have you ever gone back and listened to an episode of She's on the Money?
Speaker 4: I have, because it is my job and so.
Speaker 2: Unlucky, I do have to go back. That's where all those listeners came from. Back, pop it up. It's Jess and my mom.
Speaker 4: Maybe we don't have a single fan, it's just just real listening. Someone mentioned actually recently on an episode that they heard my first episode because I haven't. Neither of us have been here the whole time and I did go back and listen to that when they said it, because I was like, what did I it was? It was a randomy one. No, it was a Friday drink.
Speaker 7: I threw you in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Friday, we love Jess. Well, it was easy to find because it was it was when I started, was right when format switched to three episodes, so you had to find the very first Friday.
Speaker 2: And wow, what a time.
Speaker 4: Wow it was but a shy spring chicken.
Speaker 2: We need to actually drink on Friday drinks. Oh that's gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Can we see that?
Speaker 2: So do you feel like you have changed your.
Speaker 4: Yes, of course, that you'd be more I've gotten so much more comfortable, I think, like you can listening. I don't know if anyone else can tell, but I could certainly tell that. I was so nervous and so scared, and I was new to the company, and I was like, I'd listened to the first season, so I was like, Victoria's changed my money story in my life, and now I sitting here sharing a vodka cruiser.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 3: I need to go back and listen to that because I can't even remember. I know where we recorded it. I remember recording it and just how cool we've changed so much.
Speaker 2: Look, I am arguably a.
Speaker 3: Very sentimental person, especially since having babies, Like I feel like my sentimental like limit has definitely increased. And I feel like a thousand is a massive deal and I'm all about making a deal about everyday things, but like, this is not just an everyday thing. The team and I we did some quick maths and it actually ends up being something like twenty one full days, like twenty four hours in the day, full days of non stop She's on the Money. If you were to play the episodes back to back, Wow, twenty one whole days of content.
Speaker 2: Like of me, non stop talking, no break, no sleep, break, no sleep.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't that insane? He's insane.
Speaker 4: We spent a lot of time with you guys. You know us really well.
Speaker 3: I'm so grateful to I always say you guys are friends that we just haven't met yet, and like I genuinely mean that. When we run into people on the street or people are like, are you Victoria from She's on Money, I'm like, yes, queen, who are you?
Speaker 2: Introduced me to you? Because I don't know your name? You know mine?
Speaker 3: Like Hi, it's actually the best but are you ready for the ultimate throwback. I went through some of the earliest posts on our Facebook page. Okay, so they are mostly but they're in the early days that She's on the Money, and I took a heap of screenshots, so I have them. I've gone on a laptop. I'll share them on socials obviously for you guys to go and have a squeeze, so you know what I'm talking about. But these are my little mic drop moments. They are arguably I don't know if the word is embarrassing. I think I'm embarrassed with my graphic design skills mostly, so please don't.
Speaker 2: Look too closely.
Speaker 3: But first one is the Victorias or vd's not so secret cash flow plan. I posted it was a little bit of a sneak peek into my cash flow system from twenty nineteen, which by the way, has not changed, like I've tweaked it. I've updated it, but it's like the same system Microsoft word formatting and like cut and paste and all. And I obviously use the like more than symbol and number three to make a love heart on that of course.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: And then there was a.
Speaker 3: Post about She's on the Money launching and topping the charts. It's a screenshot of our Apple podcast app, which looks so dated, and we're the top spot in the Australian podcast charts in twenty nineteen, not just of our category, but of like, oh, the entire podcast world. That's amazing, that's crazy, so crazy. There was a very cute picture of myself and Annabelle Lee from twenty nineteen. Then I took a screenshot and shared it because I was so proud, and I still am so proud. It's a screenshot of us hitting thirty thousand friends in our Facebook group.
Speaker 4: Oh and now we have over three hundred.
Speaker 3: Now we have more than three hundred and thirty thousand, Jess, isn't that insane?
Speaker 2: It just goes to show from little things, big things grow exactly. I couldn't believe it. I was like, oh my god. I remember being like, this is the most amount of people. This is like psychotic.
Speaker 3: Imagine a Facebook group with thirty thousand people, three hundred and thirty Now that's insane.
Speaker 2: And then there was a whole thread from twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Look, it's the pay it Forward thread where people in our community were sharing things like give vouchers, and favors and discounted services.
Speaker 2: All the name of just being kind to one another.
Speaker 4: That's so nice. I remember that that was really it was because the midst of COVID and we had so many people submitting into the Facebook group because we've always had post approvals on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember we had so many people submitting in saying, Oh, I've got this thing that I want to share, I've got this thing that I want to share, and we were like, we can't have five hundred of those posts. It's just too hard to manage. So we made a thread and I remember it just being so lovely, like in the midst of what was an awful, awful time for everybody, particularly those of us here in Melbourne. I remember it was just so joyful.
Speaker 3: We should do that thread again, maybe in the Facebook group, not today, because we've got a lot going on. Keep your eyes peeled and we will do a pay it Forward thread again where if you've been sitting on something that you know could go to a better home, or like just something that you could share with someone in the community, you could drop it in there. My friends, are you ready ready for money? Diarist returns. So over the years we've interviewed literally hundreds of Money diarists, and while most of them have shared pretty incredible journeys so far, we know that there is still so much growth on the cards and that's like the best bit, right. How many times have you listened to a money diary and I have been like, oh my god, like your set, but imagine you in five or ten years, like you're going so far? Like to me, it's crazy because some of those diarists have gone five years, have gone six years, like, be.
Speaker 2: So for real.
Speaker 3: So we decided to seek out some of the diarists from our very first season to see how they were doing.
Speaker 8: It's been so long since I listened to that old episode, and it's so funny actually to hear how different things are, I guess, from back then to now. So at the time I was thirty three, I've recently turned forty. It just feels like so long ago. And back then, I was working predominantly as a fitness influencer. I was posting on social media, and from that my income was then generated through selling like programs and coaching services.
Speaker 5: So I wasn't really making much.
Speaker 8: Money, if any, via social media ads or anything, but I was generating a lot of income via people finding me on social media and then signing up to my fitness coaching services. And yeah, the snapshot of I guess the time that I was interviewed, that was my most successful period ever in my business. And twenty nineteen, yeah, I think my business brought in around one hundred and eighty K. Obviously I had to pay tax, super all that good stuff out of that, but that was a really high earning year. And then obviously twenty twenty happened. People weren't out and about working out as much, so my business really changed, and I also really changed and went into a totally different space and I'm now working as a counselor instead, so not really generating the income that I did back then, and also not really able to work the amount of hours that I could back then. So where I was earning upwards of sort of one hundred and twenty k consist for a few years in a row there, I'm a little under that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: I do earn a little bit more through social media ads because I am still doing that, and so that's kind of picked up and supplemented my.
Speaker 5: Income, which is nice, but yeah, really crazy to hear.
Speaker 8: How different things were back then, and I graded myself a BEE at the time.
Speaker 5: I still think that that's pretty fair.
Speaker 8: I think my income was good, but I was not particularly smart with my money. I would say now my earnings are lower, but I probably still grade myself somewhere around a BEE, maybe a B minus in that I don't earn as much, but I am more smart with my money. I'm not really investing or doing anything like that at this point because I did buy a house a couple of years ago, so I have really invested into that and just like made sure that I'm keeping on top of, like getting ahead of my mortgage repayments, especially with all of the craziness of interest rates and everything. To be able to try and put extra money aside to sort of buffer that is a real priority for me now. So I'm a little more future focused, I guess than I was at the time.
Speaker 5: I'm not spending as frivolously. I'm not buying it much.
Speaker 8: Active wear compared to them, So that's been a real positive that I'm just a little more particular about.
Speaker 5: Planning for my future in terms of my money values now.
Speaker 8: I think for me it's really important to still be present, still make sure that I'm enjoying life. I'm not traveling as much as I was, but it is still something that is a really strong value for me to have that sense of adventure and sort of breaking up the period. But instead of going on a long trip every year, it's probably a short trip every second year. But that's something that really does need to be put aside for me to make sure that I've got the time to do that, and just safety and security right now in the world that we live in with the crazy cost of living and interest rates and all of that. Really just trying to be somewhat consistent with my income, really keeping on top of that, putting money extra money aside if I do have a higher earning period, to just have that kitty there for the low periods, and just trying to be as stable as possible. I think that's the main thing that I really look for. One thing I am really proud of in running my own business over the last ten years is that in this entire time that I've been self employed, I have been pretty much entirely self sufficient. I've never had a business manager or anything like that to help me. I've done it all on my own and just kind of figured it out along the way, and such a big part of that is the work behind building a social media community that then turns into such a great lead generator for me.
Speaker 2: And part of that is the hard work.
Speaker 8: In showing up and making good content and building those connections, but also a little bit of that is just luck and being at the right place at the right time to build a bit of a following. So trying to kind of leverage off that and make sure that it's a sustainable business model is something I'm more conscious of now. I've been really fortunate that I've never had to run any paid ads. Everything has just come through so organically, which has been really lucky. But I'm now kind of trying to diversify that a little bit and not just rely on social media just in case it ever disappears at any point. I'm trying to build referral networks and all those kinds of things just to make sure that I'm like safe and stable and kind of planning for any changes in the future.
Speaker 5: But I feel really lucky that I've been able to.
Speaker 8: Do that on my own and create this out of nothing, and you know, lead to me being able to pay my own way through life, buy my.
Speaker 5: Own house, which I never thought i'd be able to do on my own. So the fact that I did this by myself is yeah, really special.
Speaker 4: Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 3: I am obsessed with her. I literally love her so much. And we know her Jess and I know her personally. We're not gonna give it away how she is, but like, that's whey. One of our diarists has been and has been growing, and I just think it is so important that we become who we meant to be. Yeah, And as much as this is a money podcast, not focus so much on the money, totally absolutely, Like it just goes to show that even our ideas and our values about money can shift and change and evolved throughout our lifetimes.
Speaker 2: And that I guess things that.
Speaker 3: We once thought defined us and were us and what wealth could look like can be so so different in just a matter of years. And all of this is to say, should we bring back money diarists onto the show and do a whole where are they now?
Speaker 4: I loved hearing what she's up to now and I think it's she's living a life that I would love to live. Yeah, you know, I think she's so positive and so happy and just such a beautiful soul. I think the irrespective of what that journey has looked like. I loved hearing that update, and I want to hear more. I'm so we've had so many fabulous dirests over the year.
Speaker 2: Bring them back, Bring them back.
Speaker 3: But also it's funny listening to it because when I met this person and they were on the show, they were just a diarist to me, if that makes sense, Like I thought they had a really cool story. I wanted to have them online, and since then we've developed a personal relationship. They came to my thirtieth birthday, Like they're just a really wholesome human being. And it just reminds me that it's not just about like the destination. Maybe sometimes it's about the friends that you collect along the way. Yeah, God, we have lots of cheese on the money friends. All Right, after the break, we're going to be running through some of our favorite things, some team picks that we think have enduring value, plus your way to win each and every single one of those things that we think are valuable.
Speaker 2: So stick around, guys.
Speaker 3: Our one thousandth episode is coming up soon, and to celebrate, We're giving one clever listener a chance to win She's Stashed the Cash. Today's mystery word is thirty. Tune into episodes of She's on the Money between the seventeenth of June and the third of July and listen out for the hidden code words. In total, the first person to arrange the code words in the correct order will win one thousand dollars. Entries open on Friday, the third of July, with details shared live on the pod. Good luck and happy hunting. Okay, back everybody, my friends. Now it is time for the moment I have personally been waiting for. This is our favorite things. While this podcast is dedicated to saving money and budgeting well, let's be honest. Whilst this podcast is absolutely dedicated to saving money and budgeting well, learning to invest and being really wise with our cash and creating wealth, let's be honest, it's also about our earning and our spending habits and building better ones. Part of that, and we have this conversation in our Facebook group all the time and sometimes on the show, is recognizing good value when you see it, so that when you do end up spending the money, we're making the best possible investment with our hard earned cash. And naturally we ask the team about their favorite things. You know, what are their top picks or simply what is a pick that brings them both emotional and financial joy? Jessic RICI remind me what topped your list?
Speaker 4: Well, mine had to be a callback to something that I think everyone who's listened for a long time will recall. That is my beloved kitchen Aid that I did not pay a dollar for. If we remember, I saved my Flybys points. Yes, I hustled hard. Not a cent was paid, but she was worth every cent, every dollar, every penny. I use that thing all the time to make all my sweet treats that I cook for people. Now it's a powerhouse. It's a workhorse, and I love it so much. Mine is white. But if I wished you my time over, yeah, I do think I'd get one in pink.
Speaker 2: So you've picked for the community, and I've got it listed here.
Speaker 3: You've picked the Kitchen Aid artisan bowl lift stand mixer in dried rows.
Speaker 4: I just think it would look absolutely beautiful in someone's kitchen. I only excited to make things to share love and joy with other people.
Speaker 2: Too, And just like Jess, someone in our community is not going to pay for it. Yeah, because I did money.
Speaker 3: So none of this, By the way, guys, I think it's very important to point out here, none of this is sponsored. So the brands that we are mentioning and the items that we are talking about here actually have been bought by She's on the money for that.
Speaker 2: She's on the money community.
Speaker 3: Just because we love them so damn much like I'm collected by the team exactly. I said, Jess, what's your thing? And I mean that standard suggests I think it's a little better than your one. That one's one thousand and forty nine dollars.
Speaker 4: Sho's getting an upgrade.
Speaker 2: But that's nice.
Speaker 3: So Beck, what did you think that the community would love the most or what do you love the most? I don't necessarily have one of these, but is my life's dream, my life's goal to get a coffee machine from my home, because first of all, saving money all day every day, And secondly, isn't it the most wholesome, gorgeous thing?
Speaker 6: Wake up, suns out, make it for a coffe If you sit on the porch, maybe you sit on the deck, whatever you've got going on. So for me, it's a coffee machine really of any caliber, of any kind, but that's my pick for the community of any kind.
Speaker 2: Well, you did send us one.
Speaker 3: You have sent us And apparently we did ask the community a while ago, because I was like, what's the best coffee machine when I was purchasing one, and a resounding number of people said, it's a Brevel And the number one Brevel that our community loves was the Brevel Bambino plus espresso machine. So we have bought one of those, and that is going to be given away as well. How are we going to like ship all this stuff to you guys, TBC.
Speaker 2: We'll figure it out. Can't be that hard. Controlways do it?
Speaker 5: Boys?
Speaker 4: Do it?
Speaker 2: And then I thought, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you guys had such cool things, and like I remember having this team meeting and being like, guys, we're gonna pick our favorite things.
Speaker 2: We're going to gift it to the community. What are we going to do? I was like, Oh, I'm being practical.
Speaker 3: Like a lot of people in our community are like UNI, and if they're not at UNI anymore, they probably haven't spent a lot of money on a laptop.
Speaker 2: And like for me, my laptop is my lifeline. Like I just live and breathe my laptop. I know Jess does too.
Speaker 3: Like I feel like if I was to pick three things that define a person, which is also a really fun game we should play later where you go, what are three items that yes, define Jess or three items that define Beck? Well me anyway, Jess in a laptop, but Jess in a pink laptop. So Jess has a rose gold laptop.
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, cool, let's combine the two.
Speaker 3: Because I'm a mac Gurly and everyone else in the team seems to like PC's weird, but okay, I'm a mac Gurly.
Speaker 2: So I picked the Apple MacBook in pink.
Speaker 5: Oh yea.
Speaker 2: So I was like, let's give away an Apple MacBook.
Speaker 3: It's the new Apple Neo MacBook in blush pink, and I just I want to upgrade to that, Like I want that, but I can't justify it.
Speaker 2: So I'll give it to you. That's gorgeous, That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: If you got us on Instagram, you know it's not just the three of us. There's a whole wonderful tea that makes She's in ninety possible. And they all picked their favorite things as well, and I got them to make a sneaky little voice.
Speaker 2: Note, yeah, do you explain what they've picked?
Speaker 4: So they're gonna make their podcast dabut and tell you what they've picked. Hello.
Speaker 9: My name is Brooke and I do a lot of the content and marketing as she's on the money. No one actually knows my real role title is, but that's okay. My favorite thing that I have chosen is the robo rock Qivo L I believe the number is and it is a robot vacuum and I love it because it is like having a little robot working for you twenty four seven and you do have to worry about it. It has genuinely changed my life. So I would highly recommend that if you don't have one, you look at getting one. And I think that everyone needs one, So I'm glad someone in the community is going to get to have one and enjoy it. And you guys might benefit from this, because who really wants to vacuum their house every day? Not me, But if you can have a little robot do it while you do all other fun things, that sounds pretty good to me.
Speaker 2: Hello, this is Georgia.
Speaker 10: I'm the graphic designer and work in the content department. For my favorite Thing, I have chosen the dice in air Rap. If you've listened to the podcast for a while, you probably already know that so many of us on the team are obsessed with our Dison air Rap. I have had mine since twenty twenty one and it's genuinely one of my most used purchases. She's a multifaceted gem and has so many attachments to create all different looks, and we love a multi use product at Shees and The Money Money Win. Also, maintaining your hair is expensive, so having something that you can use at home to style your hair without completely frying it between appointments is something that we all just can really appreciate.
Speaker 11: Hello, my name is Kiara and I am the community manager at Cheese on the Money, So odds are if you've sent us a message, I am the gal responding to you. For my favorite Thing, I have chosen a road peptide or lip balm. However, upon seeing what the rest of the team chose, I have pretty much up that to the entire Road range as a Haley Beaber loyalist and have recently come back from America. I brought it all with me and just in time for it to become available in Mecca. I am obsessed with it.
Speaker 4: It saved my skin.
Speaker 2: The colors are.
Speaker 11: Incredible and yeah, could not highly recommend enough. So whoever is lucky enough to win, enjoy the Haley Bebelare and more.
Speaker 7: Hello, this is too har she's on the Money's resident copywriter. For my favorite thing, I've chosen a good food voucher because as a foodie and a bit of a hedonist, nothing beats an exciting new dining experience. So these vouchers are accepted across the country and they always give me something to look forward to throughout the year. So whether it's a special event, my birthday, tourist season, you know anything. They're particularly useful for spoiling yourself, spoiling a friend, that sort of thing when you feel like doing something a little bit special or maybe even thoughtful and want to feel generous, but maybe you're a little bit skinned, so you can sometimes get these ones discounted, saving you even more when it's time for the bill. But I'm going to save you the bill by gifting you one instead.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, that's the wrap up. Of what our prize pack includes. How do we feel?
Speaker 4: I very jealous of whoever's going to do this, but also very happy. You know, you guys give us so much, so much support, so much love. I wouldn't have a job if you weren't listening to this show. That is true.
Speaker 2: That is true. It's everything to their mission. No, I'm joking, but also like we owe everything to Jess, Like how good did the podcast get?
Speaker 4: When she joins, I know it's a team effort everybody, but I just think I'm so happy that we are doing this episode to give back, because you know, we sat down, we spoke about it. We said, well, what do we do to celebrate like a thousand episodes? We've done so many wonderful things. Do we reminisce? What do we do?
Speaker 2: And no, we give the community cool stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like we It just it wouldn't be what it is without you guys. And I'm really excited to think about some people winning these great prizes. That's beautiful.
Speaker 3: And I think that they're all things that people wouldn't immediately go and purchase for themselves. Yeah, there are really big purchases. I just I thought that was a really cool way of giving back to the community in a way that's just like fun.
Speaker 4: And lines everything.
Speaker 2: Weir, Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 3: We want you to enjoy, like it's not about like you know, the crux of what She's on the Money is about. Yeah, but it is super fun, all right. So obviously we're not going to gate keep. We are giving you the chance to win all of our favorite things. Head on over to the She's on the Money Instagram to enter and you could win each and every single one of these items, which I think is really cool. And I mean I'm biased because like it's my team. I love my team, but I also love the items that my team has picked. Entries close at the end of July, So my friends, you have to be in it to win it, all right. As you guys know, She's on the Money. As you literally just said, it's like just like got hold of my script that I didn't give her. She's on the Money would literally be nothing without you guys. Our incredible community is literally incredible, And I don't say that lightly. Like we have seen so many beautiful things come out of this community, and like we are so privileged to call you not only our loyal listeners, but our friends like I think each and every single one of us when we have met you on the street or at the shop, or one time I met someone while I was arguing with my husband over brocolini at Kohl's, and it was just so funny and so nice, Like I don't think I've met someone that I'm like, oh, that doesn't make sense that she listens to our podge Like every single person, I'm like, yes, queen, I love it, like I've made the most beautiful friends. But we are just so grateful for the ups and the downs that you've shared with us and your own money journeys.
Speaker 2: You've been so generous with us.
Speaker 3: Let's just say we do pay attention, like we get to know you in our DMS. We see those consistent voices, we see those slag names pop up, and we go, I see you, Leah, I see you. I know you're there, Like You're not just a number to us, you are literally a name that we talk about. And that's why we are rewarding some of the most active members in our community since this whole thing began. And this was no mean feat because how the hell do you do that? So we have trawled across it single social media platform, ol emails, our dms, literally everything to find out who has been arguably the most active in the community. And whilst we have already reached out to a handful of people already, here are some of the wonderful contributors that we are just giving some hot hot cash to.
Speaker 2: We are sending them some hot hot cash.
Speaker 3: Buyer a very nice two hundred and fifty dollars Visa gift card because I don't want just a yeah, Oprah, but like no tax implications you get you don't have to pay tax on a gift card, so I pay the tax. That's why you know, at like Christmas time, when your employer gives you a gift card, it's not just because they don't want to give you cash, because you would have to pay tax on cash and a gift card makes more sense. You're welcome, Yes, that's why my team gift cards at Christmas time. And I'm like, guys, it's not because I'm gatekeeping. It's because I don't want you to be paying more tax. I appreciate that you're welcome, and it's a Visa gift cards so you can spend it on literally anything you want.
Speaker 2: There are just a few names.
Speaker 3: I've got Leah, I've got Lizzie, I've got Aurelia, I've got Alisha, Jessica, Monique, Cassandra, and obviously a handful more because I've reached out to them already, Like I know they're listening to this podcast as well. Here's some of the things that they had to say when we reached out to them, and my team has like cut and paste these into a document and I have to read them out now without getting too emotional. So let's give that a crack. First, cab off the rank Monique. Monique says a huge thank you to you all. I love the different personalities and perspectives in the team. Some aspects of my finance, I'm like Victoria with spreadsheets and data and other parts I'm more like Beck and I just really enjoy the ride, which is so important too. I'm trying to be more like Brook and stick to my budget, but Jess and her realism is always there to balance me out.
Speaker 4: Oh. Can I just say I love that you guys identify with us on such a level. I like, it's so lovely to hear someone say crazy, a piece of you resonates with me, piece of me, like, I just that's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when they say that, that's exactly how we see the team too.
Speaker 3: It's so funny because that dynamic is not just behind the mics, like that's in real life.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, how many times am I talking Beck off a financial ledge. I'm like, Babe, that is not reasonable, don't do that. And how many times I'm like Jess work less, babe, like stop taking on so much and you're just like a realist. You're like, nope, I've got a goal and I'm achieving and like Brook Queen of Budgets, Like literally all of that is so true. Lizzie said, you girls have completely changed my life way back from when it was VD and the law student to now. I'm so proud of us in this community. That law student was Annabelle.
Speaker 4: Oh beautiful, Yeah, Shan exactly.
Speaker 3: Then we've got Leah, she says. Guys, happy one thousandth episode. Thank you so much for everything you've done for this community. You've not only completely changed my life financially and professionally, but you continue to do the same for so many others every single day. The impact that you've had on people's lives is incredible. And reaching one thousand episodes is a testament to your dedication and hard work.
Speaker 2: You should all be incredibly proud of what you've achieved.
Speaker 3: Congratulations on this amazing milestone, and thank you for continuing to inspire and help so many people.
Speaker 4: That's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Look you, Jess said.
Speaker 3: It's not only the enormous amount of financial literacy I've learned over all these years, but it's also the other small things I've gained from the podcasts, guests and community, from simple things like recipe ideas, vd's Christmas Crack is absolutely my favorite holiday destinations, to how to clean my oven, and all the other random suggestions and recommendations mentioned by both the She's on the Money team and the like minded community you guys have created.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 4: It's more than just money, isn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did teach you guys how to clean your other I did. I love a cleaning tip and trick. And if you didn't know that about me, don't worry. There's a whole Instagram highlights on my page of cleaning. Alicia says, Hello, She's on the Money, Congratulations on your one thousandth episode. A magnificent milestone. Your positivity and honestly, all things finance are what I love about your podcast. The most great tips and laughs are guaranteed, especially the latest Beck and Jest Financial Year twenty twenty seven episode not all lips. I wait, k way k, congrats again, legends. I know you're laughing, but I have not watched that episode back yet. I have not had the time. Do I need to order our content? Miss Jess and Beck?
Speaker 4: I see h exactly. If you know, you know, If you don't, If you don't, you know, I'm sorry. You're just gonna have to go back and listen.
Speaker 2: Oh, dear lord, Okay, that's Amalia.
Speaker 4: I think that's one of my new favorite callbacks. Definitely.
Speaker 3: Aurelia says, I can't believe we're getting close to the one thousandths episode. This is such a milestone. I'm so beyond grateful for she's on the money. My friends are so sick of me for referencing your team all the time like we are friendsh we are, And Cassandra said, I've been on a few month long binges of all day, every day listening to every single episode of this show from start to finish. I've finished and read every single book and we'll scream from the rooftops about how good it is and what it's done for me to anyone who will listen. Quite honestly, it's changed my life and I can't thank you guys enough. It also made me want to change my career and become a financial advisor or a broker. I want to be able to pass on knowledge and help continue to educate those who come after me. The girl's dynamic, especially on a Friday drinks episode, is absolutely divine and I often love putting it on and having a glass of wine on a Friday whilst I'm cooking dinner. Also, thank you VD for your hair curling recommendations. Honestly, thank you again from the bottom of my heart. I've really enjoyed this journey and I look forward to my future. It's bright because of you.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous stop it, why stop special? It's truly is so crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't want to cry on this episode because I cried on the last one that I recorded with Beck.
Speaker 2: That's true. I can't have these thighs like. It's actually magic.
Speaker 3: Like if you told me to summarize our entire journey of a thousand episodes, I would literally just say it's been magic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy to think that we just come and we sit and we talk into the silly little microphones and sometimes like today we wear silly little hats like the Impact. Do you know what I mean? It's fun, it's fun to talk, and you it's self centered sometimes because we talk about our own journeys and like, I know that that was my experience. I listened to season one of the show and I literally changed my life. Yeah, and it's crazy to think that we get to do that for other people. What a blessing it really is. It's so like those so kind I'm lost for words, honestly, like what everyone had to say.
Speaker 3: You would have thought that it would be this journey, and like just saying she started, she'd been from the community she came, But like, how cool is it that we get to follow your journeys? But then also we've been on our own, Like I've been achieving financial independence. Jess just brought her own friggin' house on her own, with her own money, with nobody.
Speaker 4: Else two thousand dollars invested. Like, yes, we've all been on such journeys. Yes, thank you in and you guys have been along for the ride, absolutely, and we're so grateful.
Speaker 2: You guys are just amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm so proud of you all my friends.
Speaker 2: How beautiful.
Speaker 3: Well, unfortunately that is a wrap on our thousand episode. We will see you for another thousand and a thousand after that, because I don't think you can get rid of us. We really really love bringing you this content, not just because we're self centered, Jess, but because we genuinely love changing lives. And if you haven't already been dual screening, please head over to our socials to see our throwbacks, but also to win our favorite things obviously, and if you haven't already solved the She's Stashed the Cash, please go back and listen to our latest episode to see if you can crack the code. Then submit your entry via our link in bio. Thank you so much for tuning in today and every day since twenty nineteen. We adore you, and we will be back next week with.
Speaker 2: A brand new money Diary. Until then, take care of yourselves and of each other. We love you.
Speaker 4: Bye, Thank you so much, guys, Bye mummy.
Speaker 12: The advice shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial advice tailored towards your needs. Victoria Devine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives of money. Sheper pty Ltd ABN three two one is six four nine two seven seven zero eight AFSL five
Speaker 2: One to eight nine