Speaker 1: Laura, come on, Welcome to Monday on thanks of Kevas swear House, great savings every day.
Speaker 2: It's the pickup.
Speaker 3: Hello, Mandy Graw weekend, didn't we all have a very different weekends? Britta and I we were in all Laru in the Northern Territory getting bitten by camels and Mitch, you're getting bitten by drag queens.
Speaker 1: Okay, that didn't happened once. Actually on the parade, they liked it.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 1: Actually they weren't too different from each other because humps were involved in both events.
Speaker 4: Did you get who humped?
Speaker 2: God? Yeah, well you were on the.
Speaker 5: Camel's and you're just humped down on swid Street.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can't wait to hear all about that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we'll be talking about my Marty Gros experience because it was a history making Marti Gras Anthony Albanezi made history this year, our Prime minister.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of history making. Last night, it was also Olivia Newton John's public memorial and we have her niece joining us. Her name is Toddy Goldsmith and I'm really looking forward touting that. It was a beautiful, beautiful ceremony.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the pickup around Australia for You're Monday and it starts right now. It's the pick up Monday afternoon here at Kiss Oh. Thanks to Chemist's Warehouse, you got Britt, Laura and Mitch heading today, great savings every day. You would have seen over the weekend, ladies. The beautiful state funeral that Melbourne threw for Olivia Newton John.
Speaker 3: Wasn't it so special? I don't think that there was a dry eye in the house watching that.
Speaker 5: I just think back to I mean, you've never heard one bad word ever about Olivia Newton John. Anyone you speak to, anyone that talks about it just says she was literally like a real life angel. But I think for our generation, I'm speaking on behalf of you, Laura. But it was Sandy in Greece. That was when we were teenageers. That's when I feel like I was really introduced to who she was and she was just at the top of a game literally from when we were like fifteen.
Speaker 1: So thousands gathered to celebrate Olivia Newton John. She did pass away in August last year after a long, long and very high fought battle with cancer. It was star started though there were some messages that came in from overseas.
Speaker 2: This was a beautiful part.
Speaker 4: I looked up to.
Speaker 3: Her so much and I loved her songs, and when I got to meet her, she was just as nice as she.
Speaker 2: Was a star.
Speaker 5: I had the honor of shing with her several times, and I consider her a great friend as well as a fellow.
Speaker 4: Aaron care and Olivia can quote one of your songs.
Speaker 1: I honestly love you.
Speaker 3: She was an absolute angel.
Speaker 2: She was one of the kindest, most present, just late filled beings walking around this earth.
Speaker 1: No one, of course more heartbroken that she's no longer with us than her family. And joining us on the line now is Toddy Goldsmith, Olivia Newton John's niece.
Speaker 2: She's here. First of all, thank you for being on the show. Totty. How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good. It's beautiful to reminate from such an extraordinary service, Toddy.
Speaker 5: Thousands and thousands of people gathered for the service yesterday. It was so incredible to watch. What was it like for you and your family just to see so many people turn up that loved Olivia.
Speaker 4: I think when she first passed away and we saw it on a global level, the impact of her really blew us away, like we were being sent front covers of magazines from Italy and Spain and Israel, and it was really mind blowing. I was just listening to you talking about no one ever had a bad word today about her. The world loved her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I feel like everybody feels like they knew her, Like everyone feels like she was a friend.
Speaker 4: And that's what comes from people when they have deep, embassy and lots of love. It radiates through them and it travels through the television screens from her voice. Because she was such a pure human being. Her intentions was so honorable and pure, just a really deeply kind human being and everyone felt it. So that's what I felt a bond to her. She touched into that part of them. Well.
Speaker 3: I think one of the most beautiful speeches of the night, it was also given by her husband. This is what he had to say.
Speaker 6: We're just talking about how lucky we were to have found each other, and how in love we were, and how much happiness we were experiencing.
Speaker 3: What was it like in that time when John got up and said his speech. What was the atmosphere like in the room.
Speaker 4: It's really quiet. You could have heard a pin drop. Everyone hung off every word because it took people inside the spiritual side of Olivia and the love side and the whole room. It was really interesting when I first walked into Hammer Hall and people started coming in. The warmth and love in that room was unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Tony, you just mentioned that people around the world that you didn't expect. These magazine comes in Italy, people that were reaching out to you, and we also heard some of the biggest stars in the world, Marai Carey, Dolly parton Pink. Do you think Olivia had any idea herself of the impact that she had in the world and in the entertainment industry.
Speaker 4: There's a little bit of yes and no. There's a little bit of she understood. You know, she was knighted, she was honored here with an honor of Australia. She knew to a degree, but her focus was so on the wellness center and on a legacy of leaving and helping people. But I just don't think she really sat down and thought about it a whole lot, I know, but I think when all this happened, I can see her, like we were talking about as a family when she passed in the world just blew up. It was a bit like the Lady Die moment. And we can see I can see her going, and she would have she would have been crying in a beautiful way with gratitude because she was such a she lived in a place of gratitude.
Speaker 1: That everyone had that exact same feeling towards her. I want to ask about the Wellness Center. I'm the Livington John Wellness and Research Center, because she's leaving behind such a massive legacy, and she spent, you know, many of her last years working towards that center.
Speaker 2: What's the future for it? Do you guys have plans? It will continue?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it will.
Speaker 4: You know, I've been working, we'd live on it since before it was a hole in the ground. And she chose me, and she knew that i'd step up, and she trained me, and I did a lot of the walking around the hospital with her, a lot of the background stuff. She said to me a couple of times, you know, I'm passing you the baton plunker, I know, and you know, it was really Yeah, it's very strange not having at the hospital, but it's beautiful, you know. And so anyway, Chloe and I are going out there on Wednesday. But it's pretty strange that changed.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I think Australia, the whole world loves her, but it's hearing from somebody who knew her, who got to love her in real life. It's just such a you think. Thank you so much for coming, and thank you.
Speaker 5: We've been crying every time we've listened or spoken about it. This morning before we've all had the tears in our eyes.
Speaker 4: So yeah, thank you for having me on.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Toddy Goldsmith, everyone, the living Newton John's niece beautiful. I'll tell you what and if you can donate to the Wellness Center, head online and send some cash because it's doing some great work.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: Look, speaking of big weekends, I don't know if you guys have seen, there has been a man, a groom who was caught in a very very compromising act at his wedding with his mother. Yeah, I'm going to tell you about it after the break.
Speaker 1: That's next. The pickup Monday on. Kiss Britt, Laura and midchere at the pickup thanks to Chemist Warehouse great savings every day head on him.
Speaker 5: Okay, guys, this you're gonna have to pick your drawer up off the ground, and you're gonna have to believe me.
Speaker 3: This is a real thing.
Speaker 5: Thank you. A groom has been busted in the ultimate act. I was gonna say the ultimate betrayal. I don't even know the word, the ultimate act. Right before he was about to get married. They're in the church having the ceremony. The bride goes to the toilet. The groom disappears to do whatever he's doing. The bride's walking back. She glances to her right and she sees none other than her soon to be husband latched on to his own mother's breast and he is he's getting one last pick me up shot, and he's breastfeeding before he gets married. Now, this is a grown man, Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Apparently it's real.
Speaker 5: Apparently he's a man that still feeds from his mother. And he got one last shot before he said.
Speaker 2: I shot, Yeah, a shot like a baby's it is.
Speaker 3: Do you know, as a mum, I've always said, like, if people want a breastfeed for a long time, like everyone, it's up to everyone's own personal choice. Some people brestfeed their kids into their toddlers. Do you know I was breastfed until I was three.
Speaker 5: That's Okay, a limit.
Speaker 3: I don't know when the limit is, but there is a limit, and it's certainly before you're walking down the ie.
Speaker 1: Breastfeeding works because you can hold the baby because they're so tiny and at boom hype.
Speaker 3: No, they can hold you.
Speaker 1: But man, was he being swaddled?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Would you, Laura, being a female, would you? I mean you, Mitch, you're gay. If you were marrying a man and he was doing this, would you still go and say I do? Two seconds after and you've got to kiss the No, kiss the Brian after he's his mother's teeth.
Speaker 2: Imagine that you've got to wipe the milk mow off.
Speaker 3: I really think that this is redefined the whole like Mumma's boy.
Speaker 5: Would you still get married?
Speaker 2: Would you do it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, because he's hiding a whole, separate life from me. He's still being breastfed by his mother. There's some attachment issues there we need to work through how.
Speaker 2: I don't know how this works. Don't the wells dry up after a couple of years?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I mean some people do, But no, I think that some people can breastfeed for like forever. If you keep on breastfeeding but.
Speaker 5: How bad to work. It has to be consistent, not like this once a week. You've got to be doing it daily. So is he going around to his mom's like mum just needs me to hang up a painting and he's going to get it here, and like latching onto the boot or baby?
Speaker 3: Is she still pumping? I don't know, do you know what? I have a lot of questions, But I do actually have a friend who is a dueler. She's a midwife.
Speaker 2: Get her on.
Speaker 3: We can give her a call and find out the logistics as to whether this could be true or not.
Speaker 2: Okay, well she's here now. Her name is Adler. I thought no her name. Welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 8: Thank you so much? Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 3: She's got some questions because we've got some anatomical questions around the logistics of breastfeeding for thirty three years? Is it possible once you've had a baby, if you start breastfeeding, how long can you breastfeed for?
Speaker 8: So you really can breastfeed for as long as your breast continue to produce milk. And the way that that happens is that your breath needs to be stimulated. So either that can be what would traditionally be a baby to the breast or any kind of expressing, so any tool that would stimulate the glands to continue to produce milk.
Speaker 3: So maybe in this instance he wasn't going to his mum's for a daily kid. Maybe she was continuing expressing because she knew it was like you know, special occasions and the wedding day on a birthday, so often he was allowed to just you know, here's your dream on a milkshake.
Speaker 2: It's kind of okay if it's just for both, it is never No.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I think you can breastfeed your kid as long as you want, but I think the key word there is kid is child. When you're thirty three, you can't jump on your mum's boom anymore.
Speaker 3: I have one more question, okay, because like they do say that the longer you breastfeed, for the better it is, you know, for immunity, for health, for strong bones.
Speaker 5: Is you like the whole Yeah, like what one?
Speaker 3: At what point in time does it have an expiration day? Like, okay, you're twenty two. The milk ain't doing nothing now.
Speaker 8: So there's totally recommendations around this. They say, like the world Health Organization recommends bread feeding your child up to two years of age.
Speaker 5: Okay, not thirty two said not that passed the Expisson date.
Speaker 3: Time to check the milk out being up to the bottom of that.
Speaker 1: Hey worry, We will bring you updates so we will continue milking the story.
Speaker 2: It's worth into the future.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that titties, Midstuy, you saw a lot of them on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Well, there it is.
Speaker 3: It is you, Midstury. You're at Marti Gras And what a Martigra was one of the history books.
Speaker 2: It really was.
Speaker 1: Anthony Albanezi has made history. And it's not because he was drunk on the Oxford Street. Because he was, but that wasn't the history making moment. Something else happened and it's actually quite beautiful. So we'll unpack Martigra twenty twenty three. Next the pick up right around Australia Monday afternoon. It's the pickup with Britt Laura and Midge Blackmore's executive b Stress Formulas two fifties are available now at Chemist Warehouse for just forty nine ninety nine. Always read the label and follow the directions for use. Apologies if I'm a bit dusty today ladies.
Speaker 3: Because it's martigra Is, it still Marti Gras. I feel like you're still looking to hvel yahndon.
Speaker 5: Bed So technically it's still more Marnigra.
Speaker 2: Loo call what is World Pride? So it actually lasts for two weeks.
Speaker 1: So Kylie Minogue and Danny Minogue opened World Pride on Friday night in Sydney at the Domain.
Speaker 2: I was there. Groundbreaking, truly changed my life.
Speaker 3: I'm so sad that we couldn't be there. We were at in Ularu and you were in Sydney getting your party on.
Speaker 2: What was it like?
Speaker 3: Tell us, tell us of all the details.
Speaker 1: It was so amazing, truly like Marti gra Is, such a great time of the year. And if you guys don't know, it's basically a festival celebrating love the lgbt QYA plus community with a giant parade down Oxford Street in Sydney, CBD.
Speaker 2: It's been going on for years.
Speaker 1: World Pride is like the Olympics of Marti Gras. Every year one city. It's like the Hunger Games, but no one dies, do I think everyone just parties, well.
Speaker 3: We hope, so just with a feather bowls and a lot of glitter and very few clothing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, so it's kind of like that hungry.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's getting bigger and bigger every year? Yeah? Do you think the festival just has looked online this year like out of control? My Instagram feed was flooded by Marti Gras.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was absolutely a massive Do you know what.
Speaker 5: I just thought you'd be so stoked. I know that you were such a fan of stands.
Speaker 3: You know, RuPaul Drag Race.
Speaker 5: Of course you you're obsessed with that, and I just thought Mitch Cheri is living his wildest dreams because I saw footage of you with the drag queen, I know.
Speaker 1: So I went from watching the new episode on Saturday because they dropped Saturdays in the stand. So I watched the new episode of RuPaul's Drag Race, and then I went out to the parade and was dancing with queens from RuPaul's Drag Race down like a.
Speaker 5: Kid in a candy store, and I was trying to be cool.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, so, oh, what kind of weeks?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 2: A Lace Front week?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: I watched so much of it. I think I know this thing.
Speaker 3: Do you pretend like you don't know them? Or do you just are you just like I'm a looser. I love you and here I pretend you know them, but like, but be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you want them to follow you back on Instagram?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you like lack for like fellow for follow Yes, yeah, and they didn't follow me back.
Speaker 3: This has been like truly a remarkable year. Anthony Auberneezy was there and he was well and truly getting involved in the festival.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, have you guys seen the audio of Elbow on Oxford Street in Sydney? Albow bad? Yeah, we'll play this. Keep in mind I think he's blind drunk. Have a listened to this things.
Speaker 2: It's just my thirty fifth Mardi Gras. The first one was not three. I'm showing my ache.
Speaker 5: If my first one is prime Minister, that is a significant moment.
Speaker 7: It's unfortunate that I am the first, but this is a celebration of modern Australia. We're diverse, inclusive Australia and that's a good thing.
Speaker 5: He is definitely off his chops, isn't he Like he's a loose cannon right there, which is I think is really cool to see. But it is history making. He is the first prime minister to go and attend Mardi Gras. How does it feel for you, Mitch, being queer, how does it feel for you to see him there as our leader for the very first time?
Speaker 2: I know it kind of feels.
Speaker 1: It was emotional because, if I think, this is my opinion, we had such a terrible prime minister for the last however many years with Scott Morrison, and he did nothing for queer Australians, truly nothing, if anything, we went backwards. So to then have such a three to sixty and have albow marching and not someone who just did it for the act to be interviewed thirty fifth Marty great was beautiful.
Speaker 3: Well that's the thing. A lot of people jumped on the bed wagon was saying, Oh, it's performative, he's just doing it because you know, he's trying to like win over the lefties. But that's just it. I love that they got that grab and it's his thirty fifth one, even if he was loose as a goose and having a good guy yeah yeah, but it just shows like how much we are progressing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well this is the fiftieth Marti grat in Sydney and fifty years ago. It wasn't a parade. It was a protest because the people that were out there celebrating were protesting because they were being thrown in jail on twists. The jail in Pott's Point that they were held is now officially the lgbt QI plus Memorial Museum.
Speaker 2: That initially this was a fun twist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know where you were going with that twist. Yeah, so where they were once held fifty years ago it is now. You know, you can celebrate and wear Arsele's chaps, which is why you need is what we did. I will say disappointed that Albow wasn't in Arsele's chaps. I think that would have been the cherry on the cave next year. It would have been like a real life, in person democracy sausage.
Speaker 3: No one wants to see fination.
Speaker 2: No, I don't actually know.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Marti gra continues, So enjoy celebrating into the week. Guys, we're out of here. We're heading off. Will and Woody are up next with Bow Ryan.
Speaker 3: I love bo Ryan, stick around, have a great Monday night.
Speaker 5: So yeah,