Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 2: Podcast Christian O'Connell Show. How was your day yesterday?
Speaker 3: Patsy?
Speaker 4: Oh, you guys, you don't get it. You will never ever ever know the pain and suffering that women have to go through at times. Yesterday I had to go and get my laser hair removal done.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, we're listening. We're obviously being school for being men. So Jack and I are obviously being very well behaved. The Roman it felt dangerous, tour scared figure. This could be lend up as a transcript of some tribunal. O'Connell said, nothing, he didn't.
Speaker 5: Take it seriously. In the laser treatment anyway.
Speaker 4: What it does? So it's like this wand that's obviously a laser, and they pointed one.
Speaker 3: You're saying it's a laser.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, it's phenomenal. It's best form of hair removal ever. So they just like gently touch his skin and it goes penetrates deep down into the skin and kills the hair off. It's brilliant.
Speaker 5: Something's not right that, Oh no, no, we'll find out in ten twenty years.
Speaker 2: All I think about lasers is there's a classic scene where Sean Connery has been threatened to be sworn in half with a laser b blow fell if it didn't give the code. So I can't believe that years later, from either killing James Bond or just the penetry work, he had smooth legs, hairless man.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So she got up to doing my upper lip, my mos shtuka. But the trouble is what the laser machine does, because it can get quite hot, so it has to blow quite a gust of cold air so it doesn't burn your skin.
Speaker 3: And how long does it take?
Speaker 4: Oh it's quick, quick ass, depending what you get done. I had everything done.
Speaker 3: Does it smell is the smell of like smoldering?
Speaker 4: All it does smells like burning skin.
Speaker 5: I tell you something is not right about.
Speaker 4: It, like you're being cremated alive. No, not anyway, So she got up to doing my top lip. But I had a new girl yesterday. She was brilliant, but she obviously they all do it kind of different, like they all sort of maneuver your body differently, because they all have their own way of doing it. But anyway, when she got to the top lip, she out of nowhere just pinched my nose closed so I couldn't breathe. I don't know why. I don't know why one.
Speaker 2: No wonder they made me do this one I'm new, I'll learn that.
Speaker 3: The person comes in she's a lovely character.
Speaker 4: Dorm it anyway, so she you, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry, a new technique we're doing.
Speaker 4: At the moment, it was like being held underwater. So she pinched my nostrils so I couldn't breathe. But then the blast and it is it's like a blast of cold air was going in my mouth because immediately when someone pinches your nose closed, you open your mouth.
Speaker 3: Don't you fearing continue the breathing alive?
Speaker 4: Seriously talking about it, it brings me anxiety because it was just so I actually grabbed her arm.
Speaker 3: Want to see.
Speaker 2: Yesterday you don't get rid of me that easily James jumped a scalp in a thigh?
Speaker 3: Is this you blowfeld.
Speaker 6: Be?
Speaker 7: It's terrifying.
Speaker 4: I couldn't breathe in talking about it makes me feel breathless, Like I just said, We've.
Speaker 3: Got to go about the scene. She you grabbing her on? What this?
Speaker 2: Poor young kids? They just had Tafe doing beauty treatment. She's wrestling now.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show. I want to talk now about oldest band T shirt that you own. Patsy bought a brand new tour T shirt which you went to see ju a leaper with a daughter. My oldest one is from the early nineties, nineteen ninety two, and it's I know it doesn't fit anymore. Uh, it doesn't even fit my kids because I try to pump off them. It's an oasis one for when their first single, Live Forever came out. It was right before they broke Bea because I was into before they.
Speaker 3: Were really big. Jackie, what if you've got some old.
Speaker 5: Should only go as far back as two thousand and seven, But that's when you were born, isn't it? And I have matching no effects band T shirts.
Speaker 4: Oh that's cute, Well.
Speaker 5: Not really, because I dragged her along to the concert. She never wears hers. I still wear mine sometimes.
Speaker 3: So you got his and hers?
Speaker 5: Yeah, only night she wore it was at the concert. I've never seen her power.
Speaker 4: Do you often like dress the same in your house?
Speaker 5: Yeah? We we love these Levi hoodies. I tell you every day we're in those Levi hoodies.
Speaker 3: Out about little snugglies. That's nice, Patsy. If you've got an old band T shirt, I reckon.
Speaker 4: I can go back as far as about two thousand and two, two thousand and three it was Brian Adams. It was room service and same thing.
Speaker 3: He had a talk called room service.
Speaker 4: What was a new album room service.
Speaker 3: Running out of Pete was Summer of six Room service.
Speaker 5: He's in the hotel room. What can this album be? Cool?
Speaker 2: You know when they interview like really successful singers, and I guess actually very harsh because I wrote all my good songs when I was poor.
Speaker 3: That's what I like a lot of music. They struggle to that first.
Speaker 2: Simply calling it room service isn't anthems for the common man?
Speaker 4: Is a great album? Thank you very much?
Speaker 3: Where's my statement? Gets the first private jets?
Speaker 4: And the Love God got one as well, But I haven't seen him wearing like the anchor jet because.
Speaker 2: He says room surface a right. If you've got an old man T shirt, what is it? Let's go to Karen.
Speaker 9: Hi Christian pets Hi Jet.
Speaker 3: How are you going to take a long time? Meet the band? And Karen? What's the old band T shirt you got? Mate?
Speaker 9: I have the Noiseworks T shirt from the Love This Money to which any One So take you Higher?
Speaker 2: And you do you look afterwards? It shoved in the back of a wardrobe somewhere.
Speaker 9: I've actually put it in my hands now, so it's still good meet That's what I'm actually feet into it. I wouldn't try and as I said, I won't be wearing it that shirt on Friday because it's probably be toy tight, so I'll be wearing a big all want instead. But I want it. And the fact that the what is that show and ten team they're playing that some take you Higher, so takes me back? It was a great song. Michael Hutchins sang on the song super Ball sing on the yeah yeah, So it's a chance to listen to it. So it's a remake of a song from He's Gone By That. So I've still got my Noise Works T shirt and still love them.
Speaker 5: Now Karen's setting up our own trivia questions and not going to do Yeah, this is.
Speaker 3: Something happening now. Tracy, Hello, Hey, Tracy.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hello, Tracy, how are you all?
Speaker 3: You're Tracy? I'm Christian blank spot.
Speaker 2: That doesn't matter, it doesn't matter. We get the regular the show is welcome to the blank spot. We call it Christian on the blank Spot. And what about the band T shirt?
Speaker 7: And I've got a nineteen eighty three Simon and Girls Uncle T shirt.
Speaker 3: Bloody hell, that's amazing.
Speaker 7: Oh I know I was friends and entering the mosh pit if you could call that at a Simon and.
Speaker 2: Washed out to Bredge under troubled waters and elbow in the head exactly.
Speaker 7: And I wore it the other day to work. We had a favorite T shirt day that would but it's.
Speaker 1: Still yeah, Tracy, thanks you kill the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Here's the Christian O'Connell show. What have you called him? Matt?
Speaker 2: And he told us that he was thirty eight and he's never actually been to a live music show. He'd never been to a gig until he was thirty eight years of age. So today I want to know why did you call us up and go, Christian, I'm years old and I've never so for me, it's I am forty nine. I've never sampled any of the Colonel's Fried Chicken. I've never ever done KOFC, not a fast suits and now we've done Macca's red rooster whatever. But I've never had any of the KFC words. I've never tried any of them.
Speaker 5: You've got to get into the popcorn chicken.
Speaker 3: But is it any good than any other fried chicken you get everywhere?
Speaker 5: No, the Colonel's definitely got his own recipe. That's why he keeps it a secret.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's why.
Speaker 5: And what about you, Joe, Well, that reminds me of another fast food one. I'm thirty five years old and I've never had any hamburger from McDonald's. What I always go.
Speaker 3: The num.
Speaker 2: I love the nuggets there, right, that's my default. But you've got to hang over, and I thought the cheeseburger is there for you.
Speaker 5: Once I find something I like at actually any restaurant, I'll always default to it.
Speaker 4: And so no, that is not by that I'm speechless.
Speaker 5: So never a double mircle, just always the nugs.
Speaker 4: Never in any days after the big night out home.
Speaker 3: Really never been tempted. Heard the fast the hype over the decades.
Speaker 5: Now big Max quarter pounds.
Speaker 4: Away, Jack Park.
Speaker 5: What I can tell you that's it.
Speaker 4: You're having one tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We're ordering Mac is Christian. I'm forty three. I've never been temping bowling? Uh, Kelly, Christian, I'm fifty four, never watched Ferris Butler's Day Off.
Speaker 3: I can't believe this guy is six one, he's never had cheese.
Speaker 2: What I had cheese within about twenty four hours been born cheese.
Speaker 3: That has to be a deliberate choice, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Sixty one because like so many sandwiches and rolls and everything, cheap pizza. Hey, I can't believe that. I'm calling pull on that one. I'm sorry, Christen on forty.
Speaker 3: One, I've never ever sung karaoke. That's from just again.
Speaker 2: Some of these, it's like, your life's not going to be rude because you never did karaoke. Have you heard people doing karaoke? Most of those people should not be doing karaoke? Jamie, what have you never ever done?
Speaker 10: It's not me, it's actually my roommate. Such mate, he's never had eggs, he's three two.
Speaker 3: What he's never had any kind of eggs?
Speaker 10: Nothing? We did eggs all the weekend he goes, he goes with eggs.
Speaker 3: Eggs are.
Speaker 5: So he's curious about it.
Speaker 3: Again, what is that?
Speaker 2: Who can say that they do eggs a week I open the windows, there's the stuff probably asked why he doesn't want them the smell in there.
Speaker 3: If you do an eggs all weekend.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show where today you can call us up.
Speaker 2: You can also email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Just how old you are and what have you never ever done in your life so far?
Speaker 3: Pam?
Speaker 11: Hi, how are you good?
Speaker 3: Are you well?
Speaker 9: Mankless?
Speaker 11: Yes, I'm eighty one years old and I've never had pizza and I've never had lasag yet.
Speaker 3: Ah. Oh, I feel jealous.
Speaker 2: I wish I wish I hadn't either either of those two then I could re experience them for the first time.
Speaker 11: I'm not I'm not only one type of cheese on fright, And if I had them, they'll have some cheese on them.
Speaker 3: I don't like it, okay? And what is that one cheese that you've decided to marry for life?
Speaker 10: Biggest, strong and bite?
Speaker 3: I like it too strong and bite.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you you like pizza, well, I promise you lovegest. You're gonna like pizza?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, but you'd tell me anything.
Speaker 5: It's not a break. Yeah, Jack, what about Pam.
Speaker 2: If we made you using only strong and biting cheese, a strong and bitesy fager pizza, would you eat it?
Speaker 11: Then we just with the cheese on and nothing else.
Speaker 5: You need the tomato pace, but some people don't, so you would you do?
Speaker 3: You don't want the tomato pace with it? No, I would ard you to try it.
Speaker 11: But what if you like, Oh god, I've got to eighty one without it?
Speaker 3: What about the next company?
Speaker 12: Is?
Speaker 3: Could be something joyous and different. Well, I'm living to a hundred anyway.
Speaker 5: So okay, someone you say the next couple of years the voice if I.
Speaker 11: Died before him a hundred, they've got to just try and keep me alive somehow, just.
Speaker 3: To get you a Domino's order. She's about to cock it.
Speaker 5: You said, twenty minutes or a stree.
Speaker 3: This old time hasn't got twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: You need, Peter.
Speaker 3: You've got that, honestly, so good. Now what about the sagya?
Speaker 11: No oh no no no no no no no no, you've.
Speaker 3: Got to eighty one. You just don't. You just don't fancy it.
Speaker 2: No, all right, So, if Pam, if we were to make you this this drong and bity bager pizza. I promise you nothing else on there, just that the pizza bas and that cheese.
Speaker 3: Would you try it?
Speaker 11: I'll try it?
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, awesome, Pam, thank you very much. You're giving us a com Okay, cool, Bye, it's not amazing. She knows she's going to live to one hundred. Well, I haven't got that guarantee.
Speaker 5: I'd be happy about any one, Pam.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: It's the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Jack Posts has got a situation at home and we need your say on it.
Speaker 5: Byank is hung and you are work. On the wall is a picture of Oscar Wild. Now I've even given you guys a color print off so that you can see the outlandish pinks and purples. His face is what worries me the most. It's an interpretation of Oscar Wild. But it looks like he's been drawn by a child.
Speaker 2: And Jack is Jack is not exaggerating here to put his own case forward.
Speaker 5: Look please look at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's Oh god, oh that's frightful.
Speaker 3: That's what red eye.
Speaker 2: It's not just that his nose looks like I'll be polite here a fallus.
Speaker 3: You know when a winkie like something, and they don't have.
Speaker 5: A lot of time to do it. Yeah, they've done a bushell or a back of a school chair or something. This is on our Instagram, so you can go and see what's hanging in my house right now. I asked the anchor about it last night because I wanted to give her a writer flop replied to defend it all right, haven't listen to this.
Speaker 13: I feel through everything I know about him that he would have loved to see himself as this.
Speaker 3: But he has devils eye.
Speaker 11: He doesn't have devil eyes.
Speaker 13: It's artistic. It just screams life and comedy.
Speaker 3: It screams comedy.
Speaker 14: He was funny.
Speaker 5: Wait, so it's it's meant to be a funny painting.
Speaker 13: No, it's not funny. You know those artworks that you look at for a really long time and then you you just start laughing. You go eye to eye with him and you just stare for a while. All of a sudden you'll start laughing.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've been to the Louver in Paris or the Tait Gallery in London.
Speaker 5: I'm worried now that Oscar is going to get trolled in the.
Speaker 3: He's not getting trolled. It's the choice. It's the choice, sorry, the lack of choice.
Speaker 5: You've just got to eat it unless.
Speaker 3: Everyone that comes in the house is going to look at that and go.
Speaker 2: If you now know what you've given everyone that leaves your house, is it all going to have someone to do with?
Speaker 6: Work?
Speaker 3: Get a load. I just assumed it was one of Jack's side project.
Speaker 4: The arts are following me.
Speaker 5: Surely if one hundred percent of the comments and negative towards Oscar, I have a good case to go back to Bianca and say, at least move it into the laundry or something somewhere where people won't see this.
Speaker 2: Go and have a look at it. It's on our socials. You'll find it on Instagram, the Christian O'Connell show, same place. You'll find it on Facebook as well. Have you got some of that of a Chris's patsy?
Speaker 4: I remember when we moved into the house, Chris had a bit of Elvis memorabilia. He had this big and it was big, like this big painting of Elvis. It's a big big It was huge, and it was apparently authenticicated no what's the.
Speaker 3: Word, but not that authentic than you.
Speaker 4: From Graceland and even it was so special. It had like a separate certificate that was framed.
Speaker 3: Saying it was the truck certificate.
Speaker 4: He wanted it in the living room and I said, no, no, that doesn't It would look.
Speaker 3: Great in the describe what els, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Comeback spec non sort of jump white jumpsuit, eagle jumpsuit, Elvis with a microphone and it's got TCB taking care of business with the lightning strike. It is is so tacky, it's disgusty.
Speaker 3: He's one of the greatest entertainers. A certificates a separate certificate.
Speaker 4: So I made him hang it out in the garage in the main cat.
Speaker 3: You don't put Elvis.
Speaker 4: Got no place in my living room, thank you, dear well.
Speaker 2: My wife brought this a bat patch of you love this. You know sometimes you see like mirrors they're just like propped up against a wall.
Speaker 4: Very Hampton's.
Speaker 3: That's that's said she pictured me. It's the style around here, Chris, it's a style around here.
Speaker 2: We're in Australia. Now we live in Hampton. We've got to be Hampton. It's so Hampton's. It's you know, is that a mirror there?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't even know. It's just prove.
Speaker 2: It's just casually propped up against a wall. We don't even hang it.
Speaker 3: It's there. We're not formal.
Speaker 5: What was your problem with it? It's just a mirror.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. You have in the bedroom door. The mirror greets you. I get out of bed. The mirrors there. It's too much mirror. It's too much mirror. I don't want that much mirror.
Speaker 2: My wife loved it because you know why, when she's spending too long going out, she's got like a it's sort of check the outfits from head to doe. Do you do that as a guy? I only do top half, don't you. We don't worry about the shoes.
Speaker 3: You know the shoes. What's going on? It's the whole.
Speaker 2: They want the whole up and down, the whole vertical thing. Anyway, for two years I've been running a campaign about it. We finally got rid of it, sold it on marketplace. However, now and my wife goes to get wedded because she looks where the wall wear is now bear, she goes, I just miss it. Just I just go there and it's gone.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: So Jack's wife Bi Anchor's got a strange new bit of artwork in their house. It's a very unique, slash awful version of Oscar Wilde the playwright. I think most of us in a relationship have something like this where they love it but you can't stand it.
Speaker 3: We're looking for your stories today, Reese, you got something like this. They love it, you hate it. What is it for you? Reese? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So a few years ago I bought a painting with a fishing and character from the movie Armadais through a play of production of.
Speaker 2: The Army, a great movie from what was it late eighties with Tim Holts. I think it won an Oscar.
Speaker 6: Dude, I think about eighth in the end, I think, yeah, so the river of the scene where he's wearing like a black tiger and out of a black mask. Anyway, I had that and all that. It was a painting enough to be in the production of it that my wife saw it a few years later after we got married, and she absolutely hated it. I spent hereunder bucks for it. That it's now being relegated to the shed.
Speaker 2: It's just so sad. It's always guy's stuff. You know, it just gets dumped out somewhere retacks to kill me.
Speaker 3: Kate. They love it, you hate it? What's it in your house?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, Jack, I feel your pain. My husband chose purple floral carpet for our new build in our house.
Speaker 3: That's really your face, Isn'tnancy?
Speaker 5: Too many purples on the book.
Speaker 3: Unless there's a Paisley part where Prince used to live.
Speaker 9: Like, there's about fifteen different colors in it, and it just wants me, makes me feel sick when I walk.
Speaker 3: In the road. Is hectic, isn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 9: He put it in our bedroom, the lound room, the study.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to say stout the house. I thought it was in one room.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, it's all over the house. It's it's good. Does my head in right?
Speaker 2: And we need to see you have to send us some photos of this, Kate, We need to see this.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 9: You know the worst thing when I was there, when the carpet layer was putting the carpet down and he was hammering it in, stretching it out, and he goes, this is going to last you fifty to sixty.
Speaker 2: Years, legacy.
Speaker 5: Leave it in the world, because you'll not be able to sell the house forget about that.
Speaker 2: True, that's great, Okay, that's lovely. We'll please send us some photos. Okay, but thanks for cooling, all right, Jack? What are they saying about this artwork there's now hanging in your home?
Speaker 5: You can say it on Instagram and Facebook. It's I feel sorry for Oscar now he's essentially getting canceled online. Would never get through the front door of my house. Dreadful, just no, no, no, glad, it's not in my house. Hideous, horrible, not going to be nice. That should be put into a fire. If Gordy had painted it, I might have stuck it on the fridge for a week and then lost it. And Liz said he looks like a serial killer.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast Christian O'Connell Show, that's see what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I went out for a cup of tea yesterday on the way home from work, at a lovely cup of peppermint tea at a local cafe.
Speaker 3: But he worth going out for a couple of peppmin tea at home. You don't go out for.
Speaker 4: A couple of pe I was on the way home. I hadn't had lunch. It was about three in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: But don't you.
Speaker 5: Always feel a bit ripped off of the tea because it costs five bucks? Just from home? It costs you nothing at all.
Speaker 3: You two for two dollars, you get like a bag of twenty Can I have one of your finers peppermint tea? Basically, I'm nine hundred and five.
Speaker 4: Well, excuse me. I didn't want a coffee. I want to something soothing. It was late in the day.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to crack my patents and I waking back over the West Gate.
Speaker 4: Anyway, this really annoys me. It's happened a couple of times. So when you know, they bring it out on the tray like as some sort of chocouterie tea board. So there's the team.
Speaker 2: Sure have a girl at them for just trying to be nice service to you. You miserably crown.
Speaker 4: Anyway, it comes out on the lovely wooden tray, the teapot with the cup and the milk whatever. But they wrap they wrap the tea bag around the handle of the cup.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do that at home as well.
Speaker 3: Yea, all the way was he going to do drowning there?
Speaker 4: But that's the trouble. It doesn't fall enough in. It needs to sit and wallow on the bottom of it.
Speaker 2: And may I say percolate. It needs to percolate the very surface level. You do, go all the way down and nothing tea bag it all the way.
Speaker 3: Down and up and all the way down.
Speaker 5: Like enough saturation, Trust me, you do.
Speaker 3: It's about the user experience.
Speaker 5: What you, guys, risk is the cardboard bit of the tea getting in your tea.
Speaker 2: What he means that, the d bit, the dangly bit, what's a word for that?
Speaker 5: The flat where they put the logo?
Speaker 4: Actually, what do they call that?
Speaker 5: If that gets in your tea? Would you still drink it?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: It does all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh, it could have touched the factory floor and stuff like that. Touch that.
Speaker 2: How could have touched a factory floor or those urchins?
Speaker 3: So did you what do you do? Go and complain?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: I didn't complain.
Speaker 3: Hot water in their face, tangle.
Speaker 4: It and then it broke like half halfway through the string. So then I got my fingers wet because I was dipping it in with my fingers. It was very unsavory.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 8: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 2: So many great calls about things that kids today would have no idea about.
Speaker 3: Roger, kids today would know the joy of.
Speaker 2: Ending a call from someone who made you angry by slamming down the phone.
Speaker 3: In their ear. Good days.
Speaker 2: Yeah you kids, but they're so jealous right now. You have your tiktoks, but you can't slap that phone.
Speaker 5: It's just not satisfying. Pressing end call cool.
Speaker 3: Gives you nothing, does it? School banking in junior school? Did you have this Patsy? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did as well.
Speaker 2: Dolomites Yeah, yeah, we're a similar thing in the UK, taken on fifty cents in a special.
Speaker 3: Envelope to have your past book stamped. When you got.
Speaker 2: Old enough to take it out, you could take in the bank and write a withdrawal slip and they would check your signature under a black light against the one in the past book.
Speaker 5: I have no idea. I would take fifty cents every Monday to school. I have no idea what happened to that money?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: What happened to all that money? That's incredible?
Speaker 2: And also health checks by the school nurse in year seven, Girl's got rubella vaccinations. Boys had to strip down to that undies oh, to check for under sended testicles.
Speaker 4: They also checked for knits in your hair.
Speaker 3: Got downe that?
Speaker 2: I mean that, priest, I went to a Catholic school. You can't roll that out in chapter knits down here?
Speaker 5: No, okay?
Speaker 3: AnyWho where were we? Kids would have no idea about?
Speaker 15: Remember the classic wall phone, the landline with the extended cord. I'd be talking to my girlfriend and I wanted to tell I love her, and I'd go into the cupboard and shut the door so no one else could hear it, and I'd say I love you.
Speaker 5: The way to tell if your friends were home, there would be a pile of bikes out in the front of their house.
Speaker 6: The magic and wonder of a cassette tape, the elation of actually fast forwarding is stopping right at the.
Speaker 3: Beginning of the track.
Speaker 6: If you did that, people would steer in wonder you were a legend.
Speaker 2: It was great, lovely for Stick's Coonahan's acorn at the end of that as well, thank.
Speaker 5: You sound like a voice over for a commercial.
Speaker 2: Kids today, what would they have no idea about? Not just kids now, a lot of adult has got no idea about this?
Speaker 8: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: What would kids today have no idea about? Christopher's got this?
Speaker 2: Getting yelled at to get off the internet because your dad needs to make a work call.
Speaker 3: Christian.
Speaker 2: Kids today don't understand waiting for photos taking twenty four picks, having no idea, well what the standard was?
Speaker 5: And you were usually disappointed.
Speaker 2: That sticker on telling you off, didn't they with a with a little tick in a box about whether we're they over over? There was a lot of red eyes around as well. So many family photos you've got there's red eye in them.
Speaker 5: That's a percentage. Honestly, how many of those photos were? Did you get twenty four? You might have kept four?
Speaker 9: Yea?
Speaker 2: Yeah, seriously, it was a real but that was the thrill of it.
Speaker 3: It was just like a lottery, wasn't he getting them all back? See? I wonder it wasn't how great the photos? How bad they really are?
Speaker 2: Were there we any half decent ones? All right, there's a go to lines right now? And what will kids today have no idea about?
Speaker 3: Cindy, Hi, how are you going? I'm good? Cindy? W what's it for you?
Speaker 12: When we were kids, the antenna on the roots. If the weather came in really stormy, Dad would go up on the roof. My stepmom would stand at the door, and I'd stand at the telly giving feedback on if it had improved, and I'd be like no, yes, And then Dad would get really mad because he was obviously getting wet all.
Speaker 3: Brown up that clocktail and back to the future. Yep.
Speaker 5: Eventually someone would get into a position which you can't keep it there. Yes, yes, I would just have to stay up here holding it forever.
Speaker 3: You're right when you think about now, it was crazy. There was an antenna on the.
Speaker 2: Roof to speak to the satellites or something so we can watch TV.
Speaker 5: We still have antenna's.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're right, Cindy, Thank you very much. You kill me.
Speaker 12: No worries.
Speaker 3: Let's go to a Jess Good morning, chess.
Speaker 9: Hello game, how are you all hello?
Speaker 3: Jess good.
Speaker 9: That's great.
Speaker 16: So we introduced our kids to the Malway, which is like the old paper farm at the street directory and they were blown away. It is probably about five years ago when now a bit younger. They'd be mortified now if I was telling on them, but they were like.
Speaker 9: This is amazing.
Speaker 16: How did you learn about how to use this, because they were showing them how you look up.
Speaker 3: What you say, malways would be like a treasure map.
Speaker 5: The gold hidden, a virtual bag of gold.
Speaker 3: Jess, that's a going on. Thank you very much. You come. I have a good day.
Speaker 2: By Darren, Good morning, good morning. Go there you go, We're good, Darren. What do you reckon kids today?
Speaker 3: What woul they have no idea about?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 10: Well, I was jo and we used to lived in the country.
Speaker 6: And we used to get our milk delivered.
Speaker 11: By horse and cut in milk bottles dropped off at the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know there will be a lot of listeners who can relate to that was the same for you, Patsy.
Speaker 4: No, but my parents did and somebody.
Speaker 3: You grew up in black and white, all your folks.
Speaker 2: There's a black and white by that creek, miserable. A lot of black and white photos that people look real miserable in them, don't they.
Speaker 3: No one does eating mud.
Speaker 4: Also, the baker would come around as well, if you were sort of.
Speaker 3: Well, he's on the horse and car as well. They're all all there, the bakers.
Speaker 6: And we used to get the potato man too, used to carry sack of potatoes.
Speaker 3: The Potato Man. That's Gold's next big giveaway.
Speaker 5: Virtual essentially Uber Eats before Uber cart.
Speaker 2: Darren, that's a great one. Thank you very much, and that's going to Craig. Thank you, Craig Morning Team.
Speaker 3: How are you slickers? E Slickers ever? And Craig, what's it for you?
Speaker 10: The door to door encyclopedia salesman who would come every couple of years and basically tell your parents that they were basically abusing you by not buying the latest edition of the funk Wagon or to help their education.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there'd been some updates and they needed to pay a lot of money to those leather bound encyclopedias.
Speaker 10: Yes, because America had moved since Christopher Columbus had discovered it in the last couple of years or whatever. But yes, they really put the had cell on them and dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, even the idea of daughter door sales people, we had like makeup, you'd have the time video. We used to have this video guy came around every two weeks with a suitcase. I'm sure they were like Dodgy of videos that you could rent out and back in two.
Speaker 3: Weeks time to come up. He literally was those suitcases made out of cardboard.
Speaker 4: We used to have mister Rawley's who would come with a wooden suitcase and he'd send all it was a wooden suitcase, and he'd have just the most amazing ointments.
Speaker 3: That America coil salesman he was.
Speaker 2: That's what I was like.
Speaker 4: And he's yellow sar, Yes, the yellow savvy had. I swear to God, if anyone knows where you can get some, it is the best.
Speaker 2: No sal.
Speaker 3: Rub this soal, Oh my god, the poor eating me mark you.
Speaker 4: Maybe if his stuff was brilliant, and he'd sell little bottles of oil of clothes, so if you had a toothache, mum would always get that and stuck up on it.
Speaker 3: Sure if you were a family of witches, your tea.
Speaker 5: And then he would get on his horse and ride to the next castle.
Speaker 4: He drove a little Morris Minor.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Every Monday we go through all your new entries for the misheard lyrics.
Speaker 14: It's just another mishard.
Speaker 2: Many Christian O'Connell's misheard lyrics.
Speaker 3: Every sing good day.
Speaker 2: You send in your misheard lyrics to Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com.
Speaker 3: That are you.
Speaker 2: We play them back on the Monday. If we agree with what you think you're miss hearing. You'll hear this if it's a wild no, And for the Great Ones Hall of Fame, Hall of Famer. Last week for Nirie with Blue colored Mountain, and catcha Poo's the kind of stuff that goes straight into all the fame, the good stuff. All right, let's get into your brand new mishard lyrics.
Speaker 3: Rips.
Speaker 2: Got this from sidewinder r e m call me when you try to wake her up. Rick is mishearing or hearing Come and eat your bacon up?
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 2: Let me hear it again? Can I hear bacon even? Come and eat your bacon up?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I do.
Speaker 3: On second, Blake, come and eat your bacon.
Speaker 5: I think it's the first one. Go again.
Speaker 3: All right, so we're all listening out for come eat your bacon? Yes? Is there? All right?
Speaker 2: Hear it again when he comes in Immediately Old Michael start be saying, come eat your bacon.
Speaker 3: We're all hearing it.
Speaker 2: We got their rap, we got their buddy, all right. Debbie's got this. I surrender rainbow, I surrender to your heart, babe?
Speaker 3: Or is it.
Speaker 2: I surrender to your armpit. That is one hundred, I surrender to your armpit. Yes, Steve Sike's got Steve Winwood's.
Speaker 3: Higher Love, Bring me a higher Love or biggar change?
Speaker 2: Is it bring me apartie up love? Bring me a pie up love? Yes, that is there, bring me a pie up Love. That's a great one. Well done, Steve Sykes. Psych See Crystal has got pink irrelevant. You can call me irrelevant.
Speaker 14: You can call me irrelevant.
Speaker 3: Or is it you can call me your elephant.
Speaker 14: You can call me irrelevant.
Speaker 3: These are all on the money today. That is amazing, Crystal. Well done. You can call me your elephant.
Speaker 14: You can call me irrelevant.
Speaker 3: Crystal Clear, all of favor.
Speaker 2: Zach Gates has got one from Invisible Touch by Genesis. Now we do have one of our favorite all of famous from the song Invisible Touch by Genesis. She seems to have an invisible Todger, one of the great famous. So to get another out of this song, it's a big ass Zach Gates. She has a built inability. Is the line? I'm not sure about this one? Or is it she has a builder like Billy Jean. There's only this, There's only Invisible Todsa, Sandra and Margo has got This by SPANDL Ballet True this much is true?
Speaker 3: Or is it? It's not just chuck poo.
Speaker 2: I'm not hearing anything else now, so I don't had it's not just chuck poop.
Speaker 3: All of favor.
Speaker 2: One last one for the road by Noiseworks from listener Andrew Petman.
Speaker 3: Noise works touch, We'll find it. We'll find it? Or is it? It fills out?
Speaker 2: The last couple of weeks, we've always ended with a bottom related one.
Speaker 3: Will farted? Will farted? All right? Yeah, well give it to you, Andrew Pepman. All right.
Speaker 2: That's this week's miss hurdlerrics. Send us yours. Thank you very much all the ones you send in every single day. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast