Speaker 1: It is to pick up around the country. Tuesday Afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitch thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today Great Savings every Day.
Speaker 2: So we've just been discussing this viral TikTok that has been making the rounds, and it was from a woman who was cat called, and off the back of the cat call, she had a really amazing clap back. This is what she had to say.
Speaker 3: This man just cat called me out the front of a construction site, and so I yelled back at him, sorry, I don't have any change. The way that all the men on the construction site started laughing at him and pointing out him and made him feel so shit. It's that simple.
Speaker 4: Sorry, don't have any change.
Speaker 3: Now, Laura.
Speaker 5: This has got me thinking back to a story when I was younger, because my dad, Tony Hockley, is a build he has been his whole life. And I remember being cat called once when I was walking past the construction site and it was my dad's construction site and it was somebody else that cat called me.
Speaker 4: Bret.
Speaker 2: How old were you at the time.
Speaker 5: I must have been somewhere, like I'm trying to remember myself, maybe between seventeen and twenty five, like I honestly I was young. I was on a twenty It was next with shopping center. I even remember the place like it was so long ago, and I remember every day was helpping in to see your dad. Yeah, and my dad ended up sticking up for me, And I wonder if he remembers that story like I remember. So we've called.
Speaker 1: Him all right, it joins us now Tony Hockley, BRIT's dad. Hello mate, welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 5: We were just talking on the radio about like cat calling and how it's more times than not from a construction site, like all these builders yell out and they think it's funny in a woolf whistle and like yell out different derogatory things to women walking past women and girls, I should say, and got me thinking I remember and I can't remember, like I was under twenty five. I know that I remember walking past a job site and some guys on the construction site cat called me and started yelling out at me. And then I remember you poking your head out and it turns out it was your construction site and they didn't know that I was your daughter. They obviously.
Speaker 4: Do you. Yeah, I know where I was. It was the only where they used to sell a sort of stuffed potatoes for lunch. Were you together, Yes, that's exactly you were. You were there with Sheridan and your mom.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and.
Speaker 4: We were we were building a high rise. These guys were sort of whistling and carrying on, and I wandered over to see what was going on. Actually I heard somebody say, hey you, so that's Hawker's that's Howker's wife and kids. That got my my interest, so I wanted over there. And but yeah, everybody was very very streepy. Should be out the whole team.
Speaker 5: And did you say any because I guess I never found out what happened on the other side of that, Like we I saw you prop your head out and then they all of a sudden there was no noise coming anymore.
Speaker 4: Well no, no, they all knew better. But basically what it did happened. You know, I said to these guys, look if you because they all said, oh, sorry, sorry, you know, and I see, well made. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It's is that that's my daughter's and my wife. But if you wouldn't do it, you know, if you're apologizing now because it's me, What about someone else's. Yeah, you know they're going to be fair income, pretty faired in So anyway, that was how it's how it went, and look at it. It made me realize and prior to that, to be honest proud of that. You know, I didn't think I mean a wolf wish. I didn't think was such a big deal yelling at the other stuff that the owner can get a bit. You know, it's bloody raucus at times. You know that's not on and that's never going on. But when it was my daughter, it made me think about it in a different perspective, someone else's. This is someone else's daughter, someone else.
Speaker 5: What every single woman is somebody's wife or daughter or sister.
Speaker 1: So why should it matter if you know that?
Speaker 5: Do you find dad now because you've been thirty forty years on the job site, do you see in like colleagues and other people, do you see a difference in how often it's happening, Because I know for me, obviously it happened a lot more when I was younger. But I don't know if that's just an age thing or if it's actually people are moving with the times and hopefully developing some level of respect. Do you see it's not happening as much.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely. I can't remember the last time that I either heard something that was yelled enough, you know, for the person and the woman girl that's amazing, good looking women's walking down the street and are working together. I say, gee, well look at you. Look. But I haven't heard anybody yell or make somebody feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: And you know, I think that the big lesson in this as well is is that, I mean, it's great for us to have conversations like this, but it's when other men police the behavior that's happening around them that's what has the biggest impact. You're a good man, mister, you are by the man.
Speaker 5: You are a good man.
Speaker 4: Child.
Speaker 5: I love you. Thanks for protecting me.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody. Over the weekend, I have my big birthday bash, my celebration. One of my co host, Laura was missing in action.
Speaker 3: God stop it.
Speaker 5: One of them stepped up to the plate and had to do a speech.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, you don't know about this, Laura, but grabbed the microphone and took over the party. And I'm not surprised.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll talk about the truth later.
Speaker 1: I went down at a party after this, on the pickup