Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Why from Richmond Gold one four point three HD, Melbourne, Australia, Procusting to the world. Christian faster Monkey, faster monkey, Oh con that's my brain what I felt like, and it felt like bacon for breakfast show.
Speaker 3: I don't look in your groin areas well.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Monday morning, God one a four point three. It's a Christian O'Connell breakfast show. So yeah, listen makes this me and you today.
Speaker 3: That's all right, we can handle it.
Speaker 2: Cessicai was late today.
Speaker 3: It's so wet out there.
Speaker 2: I drove it.
Speaker 3: I drove under the speed limit the whole way here. Could hardly see a thing.
Speaker 2: I know it's pouring on this morning. And also people drive like idiots in the rain. Stay safe out there, people slow down. It takes longer to break as well. There's so many idiots. Brad and I coming in on an opinion because people can speed up when it's not pouring with rain. So yeah, Patsy's seriously first off sick in some like thirty years.
Speaker 3: Maybe like is there a water bridge that stopped her from carrying.
Speaker 2: The West the West skates. She didn't actually going over the West skate this morning coming in from Wharabe. Now we're having to say obviously that she's off sick. But yeah, once again, I thinks the fifth time I've had the call to bail her out on Sunday morning from wherever the police station. Again. What happened this time was Jack she was watching the boxing you no, she's a massive boxing fan and she used the box for the I think she's still throws a couple of years again, So she was in the pub. Sunday's her pub day, you know, when she pulls an all day. And she was in the pub and she was watching the Anthony Joshua fight and someone changed the TV and she punched that guy straight through a window. And we've told her before. I remember she was having anger management therapy sessions. But she bit the guy on the ankle at the end of the second one, so he said he couldn't do it anymore. No, she walked out sober. We're working through some stuff with Patsy. Hopefully she's out on bed later on today, maybe in tomorrow. With the old ankle monitor, you know, like a lot of those sort offenders.
Speaker 3: It's just not the same without her defending herself here, is it?
Speaker 2: It's better? Maybe every hour we give a new reason why she's not in today, all write down triplets for eight Okay, until how long? Is it all she takes her to stop? All right, So let's talk about what happened over all weekend, saying yesterday, I reckon, I can only talk about this dull in the next twenty minutes. Then I can't really talk about it anymore. Yesterday my teenage daughter a boy came round to our house.
Speaker 3: That's started already.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Now I was yelled at and told that he's not a boyfriend. But I can tell you this. I answered the door to a boy and he is a friend. And I was given strict instructions with my wife to leave them alone, don't come in, offer any she was at this, don't come in, offer any drinks, don't try to make jokes, don't try any funny stuff. Just leave us alone. Your mum go upstairs. We weren't even loud downstairs.
Speaker 3: I thought you made the rules. I thought you you had. The rules would be from the parents, like, hey, don't you guys go into any bedrooms with closed doors. Don't you guys go upstairs?
Speaker 2: That we had conditions. We said, that's fine, you can't be going upstairs in the bedroom with a closed door.
Speaker 3: So what did you do while you were banished upstairs?
Speaker 2: I went and read my book and then fell asleep. But I'm telling you now, it was a big moment for all of us. You know, it was kind of it is. This is a start of all of it, the highs and lows. And I was thinking about the first time ever went round to a girl's house. I remember the dad was there and I wasn't allowed in the house. We could only sort of chat on the doorstep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, like I so comfortable with this whole thing.
Speaker 2: She's fifteen next month, and as she told me repeatedly, he's not a boyfriend, He's a friend.
Speaker 3: That's what I would say if I was trying to sneak a boyfriend, and.
Speaker 2: You're trying to sneak a boy you were late this morning to sneak one out before your wife finds out. How old are you when you first went round to a girl's house? I was thirteen, No, I was I would have been fifteen. I think you cycle around He cycled round and I helped him carry his bike in as wellm I remember he was struggling with it, and I felt like I wanted to intimidate a bit that was a bigger, stronger guy, like stored the alpha dog in the house. I went, I'll picked that up. It's picked up one finger and carried your little bicycle.
Speaker 3: Did he go heavy cologne? No colas week? No drenched yourself as a teenager?
Speaker 2: No cologne? Good handshake, firm handshake. Oh confident young man? Yeah, confident young.
Speaker 3: Red flag?
Speaker 2: Yeah straight away? One went up straight away? Okay, one to watch. I then got some when he was looking, I got some DNA out of him. And do you know anyone who works for the VIC police, I can just get run some tests. I'm just asking for a friend, you know. I want to be like you know, Robert DeNiro, meet the fog because sit down and try and trap them into a lie detective machine. How old are you then? So you were fifteen? Did you cycle around? That's always the main mode of transport for a young boyfriend to come round, is it on their little bike?
Speaker 3: I remember mom dropping me off and then I gave her a two hour window where she had to come pick me up again.
Speaker 2: So you got dropped off by your mum?
Speaker 3: Got dropped off yeap around the corner or definitely around the corner.
Speaker 2: And what are you allowed? Where did you go? What did you do? Did you watch something? Hang on? You know what?
Speaker 3: I waited until her parents were out.
Speaker 2: I remember that was the whole dirty boy.
Speaker 3: No, I just didn't. I just didn't want to meet mom and dad too. Nerve wracking it is, isn't it. It's a really big, big, big moment. Give us a call this morning, you must.
Speaker 2: I think everyone will remember the first time they round went went round to a boy or girl's house. It stays with you forever. Nine four one four one o four three nine four one four one o four three. We want to know as much a store as you can remember how old you were and how did you get there? I bet for young guys the majority is going to be that they cycled there. Can you tell me though? Nine four one four one four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: A couple of things I saw over the weekend. So whilst having the boredom of a lot of packing over the weekend there was quite a lot of sport on TV. I found myself, Yesterdarning got up early and no one else was up. It's like a golden half an hour. And do you ever sometimes I would I love watching sports on TV, even if I'm not really into the sport. If this is there, I'll just be mesmerized by it.
Speaker 3: I know exactly why. Because you've got a job to do. This like the pack in the house up. Anytime you've got a job like that and you want to procrastinate, you all of a sudden you find you are interested in women's hockey, like New Zealand versus USA.
Speaker 2: This is avoid like this. Yeah, yesterday, half an hour on the couch, eight o'clock Sunday morning, I'm actually watched half an hour of college baseball college baseball women's baseball Florida were playing. I believe it was Alabama. Now nothing about either teams that the college system there, all the players. Found myself just watching it for half an hour. Honestly, there was In fact, there wasn't even that many people watching it in the stadiums. It was almost like the Shanghai game yesterday of the Saints. What is to deal with that, the Chinese have had senior Sport Australia. They're not buying it. There was no one in that stadium.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, cool first thing. I know, so cool stadium. Did you like that castle look that it had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beautiful looking stadium.
Speaker 3: However, yeah, I don't know. Even Crawf was trying to explain it to me on Friday, But yes, it breaks Why they're doing it because the sponsors make money. No, the sponsors are more interested in the teams if they're playing in China, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, So like Adelaide can go to extra clients and go hey, listen, you know, if you want to break into the Chinese market.
Speaker 3: We're playing a game over there this year. Apparently Saints bort on four new sponsors because of the next three years they've promised to go over there.
Speaker 2: One probably chemist warehouse because of all the sort of stomach bugs that were going around there. I mean, that's a fly extra players. One of the coaches got sick a couple of players. They sent the players to three separate restaurants. They were so paranoid about getting food poisoning, and yet so in the players still came down with some stomach bug.
Speaker 3: So some of them played sick, I imagine because if you lose a third of your team, you can't I mean, you can't find a thirty of your team not to be replied utly bizarre.
Speaker 2: And then the real big sporting upset for me is a big boxing fan was in Britain. Obviously, Anthony Joshua was the current heavyweight champion of the world with all the belts unified, and the main man who everyone was wanting to fight for big money paydays. He's fighting a guy who only took the fight at four weeks notice, was totally written off. It was Anthony Joshua's big debut in America as well. This is where the big money is for boxing still America. Anti Joshua World heavyweight champion never ever fought in America, So it's Madison Square Garden. He's fighting at what everyone is widely regarding as a no hoper, a guy who took the fight on four weeks notice, who was thirty five to one against even doing anything to get anywhere near Anthony John This John Ruis Junior. He sparks him out, he knocks him out, knocks him down four times.
Speaker 3: Is this this big chubby guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, okay, looks like if you look at Joshua, right, Joshua looks looks ripped. It's more like a weightlifter than a boxer. And then this Ruez Junior looks like he's never been He looks like too. Have you seen the movie Up? Yes, you know the young boy. He looks like him.
Speaker 3: He is grown into an adult.
Speaker 2: Well, he's grown into several adults. However, the chubby man. It says a victory for the chubby man. He's literally got breasts. His stomach is hanging over his pants. However, he's sushed Anthony Joshua very very quickly and handed down a beatdown, and he knocks he knocks him out as the world heavyweight champel I think it's the first Mexican to become world heavyweight champion.
Speaker 3: Ever, so is he hiding his strength under the flab?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: How is it?
Speaker 2: I think, my friend, I think the flab is the strength.
Speaker 3: So he's just throwing it around.
Speaker 2: Get hit first of all, Joshua may be coming for a clinch and he it's in with one of those big old boobies. Bang. It's like having another fist, isn't it? You know, then he hits him with the old right booby soud. He's got a one too before he's even launched his fist, just with his boobs.
Speaker 3: So does a guy like that have to knock out his opponent early because he can't he doesn't have the stamino and endurance and make it to twelve rounds.
Speaker 2: All yeah, I just think Also, do you know what? He was actually just a really really good boxer, Anthony Joshua. He's more about application, hard work, dedication more than real raw talent. He's not the most technically gifted boxer, and this Ruers is actually a really good box and he just outboxed him and knocked him out. It's an incredible upset, especially about two months before this fight, Joshua was supposedly fighting Jontay Wilder for a forty million dollar showdown, and they got greedy and they said no, Now he's like back of the queue. What does that mean? Well, that means that he won't be earning that kind of money for very very long.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, you lose once in you'repe that's it.
Speaker 2: Because he's not the world heavyweight champion anymore. He's the former world heavyweight champion. You've got to see the knockout clip. It's amazing, honestly, the size of this guy, right. He looks like they just were saying, hey, hey, listen everyone, there's gonna be no fight tonight unless one of you, anyone put your hand up if you want to have a go. Okay, if you want to have a go. And then they've got a guy from the buffet to put about shortside age at fair play too. It's an amazing knockout.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: You can always email us about anything we've talked about on the show. We call it late to the party. My email address is Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au. Last week on the show, we're talking about things you do from childhood that he carried over into being a grown up, things that you still do from childhood. And Jack was telling us about the bad people that you heard that's spitting straws.
Speaker 3: Spitting straws, or they put needles on train seats, and then did we see we passed around the group an article of some guy getting caught putting needles on cround seats.
Speaker 2: I think that's why the Chinese didn't go clutter foody game Shanghai Stadium yesterday. They're worried about some of your Australians going to come up with your needles. Put them on the seats. Christian eight late to the party. Following on from Jack's story about the bad people spitting in straws, I will not ride on water slides at swimming pools. When I was young, a friend of mine went down a water slide. We're a bad person. Maybe the same one that spat in the straw that Jack's worried about. Put a razor blade on one of the joins and it sliced off my friend's toe.
Speaker 3: Come on, did that happen right? End?
Speaker 2: That is that went all around the world, because I remember that when a water sort of slide first opened up where I grew up, that was the same thing. There was an urban myth that someone had like super glued a razor blade to the side of.
Speaker 3: Going it like going down a water slide at full speed?
Speaker 2: Do they not? Just how are you carrying the blades with you? Okay? Because you've got your trunks on. You know you're not You're not carrying them down in a bag and then suddenly stop it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, putting your legs and arms out to the side to stop yourself. Hope that the next person's a coming down behind you and finding time to glue it.
Speaker 2: And then you're gluing it on. But there's gallons of water rushing down the whole time, and you managed to fix a razor blade there. I think this one I don't. I'm very sorry, And like I said, we love getting your emails, but I don't believe. I don't believe also got the toe got slice stuff as well.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I think I will not enjoy myself as much next time I go down the water slide. Now think of that story.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking if I run one those parks or places like that or simple first thing I'm going to do in the morning is go and have a look at the old tunnel well, and before you even turn on the old the machine that sort of floods it with water and stuff. I want to go down that tunnel, have a quick tunnel inspection for no razor blades.
Speaker 3: And it's always the kid at top who's looking, you know, the wait.
Speaker 2: The least who is the least vigilant person in the world. That kid there with the old giants, Adam Apple, who's just stuning puberty. Right. His main job is iying up the chicks, isn't it. He's just iron up the girls. I mean you could be taking weapons down there and ninja throwing stars minichucks.
Speaker 3: His job to make sure one kid comes out at the bottom and then he can let the next kid go.
Speaker 2: They've got the traffic lights system, now, haven't they. They're red and cream. But is that the most boring job that's at the top. They're all down long yet you can go now, keep your arms inside, Okay.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So Passy's off sick today and from what I've heard, this is the first time about thirty years has been doing it. Thirty years. Yeah, what did she start radio? When she was like nine or something.
Speaker 3: When she was fifteen, I think.
Speaker 2: Thirteen years she's been working in radio. That's unbelievable to survive in radio that long, is it? They mean she should have medals, you know, like a major where they've got the full deck of all their honors and medals hanging out. She didn't have medals for.
Speaker 3: That, yeah, saying I've worked with Hughsie and Kate, I've worked with Tommy.
Speaker 2: And Carrier outlived them all. She's like a cockroach, you know, they reckon an event of a nuclear fallout, that'll be the only animal that's strong enough to survive serbviously a cockroach. Passy's got the surviving tenacity of a cockroach. It's incredible. And she was actually boasting to Jack and I about it only last Thursday.
Speaker 3: Well, she works, walks around with that type of confidence. I've never taken a sick day, No, never take it.
Speaker 2: So she's tempted the radio gods, and she's not with us today. So I want to find other people who have never No, Patsy has now taken a sick day, her record's over, But who has never taken a single sick day in their working life? Is there anyone that can actually say that they can do that? Surely there are so many bugs in that going around. Every year it feels like even more new strains are coming in, and different flus he never even heard of. They get more virulent as well, and I know more and more people are taking the flu, chaps and stuff like that. But we still get ill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and people wear it as a badge of honor though, to never take a day off work. Our example of it where I worked last up until last year with Hamish and Andy was Andy Lee. He never took a day off work. Remember he came into here to promote True Story last year and after the show he texted us and said, I can't remember anything we spoke about. Was I okay? On the show? I blacked out?
Speaker 2: That's right. He had a good hospital later on that day he was feeling really good on high fever as well. And what about when he had that? Think that who's in hospital as well? Andy Le's never taken a show sick.
Speaker 3: The only days I remember in taking off were he knocked his tooth out. We were playing ice hockey and he fell over, knocked his two front teeth out and he had to spend the night overnight in hospital.
Speaker 2: Listen, Jack, if you were on in that kind of money by show, why would you be off sick? All right? Give us the all this morning. If you've never taken a single day of sick in your working career. Ninety four one four to three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So who's never taken a sick day off from their jobs? Now some more information has come to light about this claim that Patsy said to you and I Thursday that she's never never taken a sick down for thirty years and always I'll always be here, yep. And even when you walked out, are that they're gonna have a lie down or something or to do something. She said to me, I wouldn't let you down like he did that. She did say that, Yeah, she did, because I said, hey, listen, if you wake up Monday and you'll still ill, oh, I can't just let you down at three hours no, So well, Jack was okay with twenty two minutes. Notice it. If you really wake up Monday, don't feel well, don't come in. However, Producer Beck, who's obviously been in a few years. So extra information about the tall claims of Iron guts pats Hi.
Speaker 3: Get in trouble again.
Speaker 2: I listen as I keep telling you guys, if you say it between six and ten, then I'm okay to ask you to say to get into the microphone. So Patsy never had a day or sick or quite a few bit.
Speaker 3: Of a white lie.
Speaker 5: I think back in the day, she's definitely had a few off and actually Pato would have filled in for her, so Pato.
Speaker 3: Could back me up on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 5: I forgot about that conveniently, but I think it was only one day perhaps, come on, I.
Speaker 2: Know, I know, with the Sisterhood hero tightening up the rain, I taked my fellow Western suburbs when with being here?
Speaker 3: Why is the story changing as well? But during the song go happy to come and go, she took four days off?
Speaker 2: Four days off? Oh? Was it four?
Speaker 5: Not last the year before we started the previous shows? Yeah, yeah, you're right, Vick. Sorry, yeah, Are you sure it was betraying a sick or was I just feeling off because she had holidays?
Speaker 2: She would have been this isn't allowed holidays. She's not good on holidays. It doesn't sue her, all right. There's been some people who claim to never have actually had a day off sick.
Speaker 6: Good morning, while good morning Christian.
Speaker 2: Hello mate, thanks for going the show. How we done a nice weekend? So how long have you never had a day off?
Speaker 6: Yeah, twenty six years, you've.
Speaker 2: Never had dal sick? No, that's incredible twenty six years.
Speaker 6: Although I'm not sure if that's still classifies in someone employer. You know, I run a business, a spot where run locksmith business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but even if you run your own business, you could still take sick days if you're sick. Yeah, so you show up every day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, funny you say that because I actually I submissed a friend this morning. I said, I'm struggling to get out a bit. I think I might call him sick, which is a yah, bless never happened for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty six years, you've been doing it. So even if you and you would have been sick, but you still would have gone out of people's houses who were locked out or whatever. Fit new locks.
Speaker 4: Oh sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I'm pretty fortunate too that I've got good health. So that's yeah, that's a big bonus.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, that's incredible. All right, well done, buddy, thank you, all right, have a good week. Thanks for calling to mate.
Speaker 4: David good On in Christian all right, can you.
Speaker 2: Keep a note, Jacks?
Speaker 3: That's twenty six I don't know if I trust well, he said, he said, I haven't had it for a while. You wouldn't say that.
Speaker 2: Perhaps the old patsies. Yeah, yeah, David, good morning, Good morning Christian. All right, buddy, So thanks for giving us a call. So this is your dad. Never had a sick day off in his life.
Speaker 4: Yes, my father Dick, as is known, We come from a family back from the United Kingdom. And did he come my grandfather come in the sixties at a ten pound palm back in nineteen sixty five. Wow. I was born in nine and forty two during the days of Russians and lived off you know, orange peels and things like that. He got to orange for Christmas and that was his sort of Christmas gift. That's what it was like back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he's a very Jordiant to him from a young actual be a hard worker and he used to work in the steel works and anyway, so my dad when he had my dad in nineteen sixty six when they moved to Australia into dn and on so Jordan too, my dad a lot of hard worker six and for forty old years straight, my dad's worked not at a day off, and now he's retired and helping me sort of get me to that level.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I just thought i'd.
Speaker 2: Let you know that it's incredable. It's obviously he came out of a very very tough time. He got stronger bloods. Such a strong blood line.
Speaker 4: There, Thank you very much, Christian.
Speaker 2: That's all right. It's to say that normally has it's quite weak. Blood line.
Speaker 4: Was an angel, so yeah, my name, his last name was Angel, and my last surname Dawson. So we come from a good game.
Speaker 2: I can't argue with science like that. The sun. I like Dawsome. All right, thanks mate, good mess mate, Bye, thank you. Wow. Blessings there at the end. I like that. I like more blessings at the end of phone calls, whatever their religious nomination is. Susan.
Speaker 3: Full family history there as well, going back to the nineteen forties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing stuff, Susan. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, Susan. So you've never had a day or sick in how many years?
Speaker 7: Forty four years?
Speaker 2: Forty four years. That's a good weld. Well done, Susan. Tell me this. Do you take the flu jabs every year? Yes?
Speaker 7: I do it, Yes, I do it. I'll make sure and I doctored myself up just in case I get a bit of a sniffle and yeah, and maybe it's not a wise thing to take it, to not take a day off, but I haven't. I don't believe I've got anybody sick and I haven't had a day off.
Speaker 2: That's amazing, all right, Susan, thank you very much, have a good week.
Speaker 6: Thank you you too as well as well.
Speaker 2: Perhaps you had that flu job as flu chabbers one of the last week too. I've never had one of those because whenever I of what people have had them, they're always sick within like a week or two.
Speaker 3: Well, it gives you the jab, actually gives you a bit of the flu.
Speaker 2: You reckon, They just up the dosor Patsy or something.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So on Friday, big news you two are coming to Australia Marvel Stadium fifteenth of November Joshua Tree Live, one of the greatest rock and roll albums ever. They're doing it live. Tickers don't go and so out until next Tuesday. Through livenation dot com dot Au. However, you can win a pair every single day with us my inbox of the weekend. Body tell me what about you two fans not any of they are amazing super fans, but a lot of them have had terrible physical problems before them over the last six months.
Speaker 3: And the only thing that will heal them is when Bono's out there.
Speaker 2: He must just see just a whole sea of people with limbs missing. It can barely see. It must be like a healing thing like lords, bring you sick, to see you too, and he will wheel them. Oh these emails. I caught one person out with the same email addressed with three different physical problems with them no sorry, while their mum and dad had just died. I think, oh, that's awful and yeah, and then an hour later another story as to why they get they can't see very well out of their left eye, they need to have an operation, and another one saying they've got cancer, and thinking, you're having an awful weekend. All right, So over my weekend, this is it. I was literally just packing and sorting stuff out. It was so boring the whole weekend. I was so irritated, We're moving into each time and just sorting through stuff packing. On Saturday, I didn't even get let out the basement where I was forced to just pack down there all daylight. I didn't see daylight. And the highlight of my dull weekend was having my wife told me it was my job. My job. I don't know where these job allocations are written down. What did I sign up for in the marriage of maus? My job to shampoo the dog with this medicated shampoo we've got from the vet, because somehow apparently our dog has got exma. How could dogs get XMA?
Speaker 3: I don't that's something they sell you at the vet. Luna hates getting shampoo. Does a niche like it?
Speaker 2: No, big german shepherd, they hate it. I took her out signed, but the hose there, they're so irritating. They do that shaky thing, so the shampoo gets in your eyes. So at one point I went and got my kids swimming goggles, put those on, so I've got their tiny little I must have looked a hell of a side. No, there's tiny little goggles and the dogs looking at me, going, you look really odd. And then I was shampoo and her. That's that'sid about as exciting as it got over my dull weekend. So this morning, I want to know who else had a dull weekend. I'd defy any of you to call up on nine four one four one o four three, and so they actually chustioned. I think I had a duller weekend. I didn't do anything as exciting and as exotic as shampoo a dog or I want to find both. Who's had a dull weekend and also who's had a dramatic weekend? Who's had a weekend of of just adrenaline fueled excitement.
Speaker 3: Mine was high octane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you get up to?
Speaker 3: We had people over for dinner on Saturday night and then turned into ten friends by the end of it turned into a mini little house party.
Speaker 2: What times you stay up to? Because normally after half ten, I'll Cinderella taps out.
Speaker 3: One fifteen am right.
Speaker 2: Now, wonder you're running late this morning? Wow, this is incredible.
Speaker 3: That I've come along the way from since three weeks ago when I was trying to fall asleep at the dinner table to let my guests know that it's all over.
Speaker 2: You made it through to one fifteen. I am the next day.
Speaker 3: Thank you, And I had a bit of a hangover yesterday.
Speaker 2: This is great. And tell me you were saying how there was a cork. Someone brought a cork bottle of wine.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, have you done this before? We were all we didn't have a corkscrew.
Speaker 2: We always just ran now to get the cork on.
Speaker 3: We're trying all different kinds of things. At one stage I had a drill and I was putting a screw walk and trying to leave it out.
Speaker 2: But I don't think you do that.
Speaker 3: You heard this one Brad said he's tried it. My friend got a wine bottle and then got his shoe and put it in the base of the shoe, and then he was whacking the shoe against a brick wall, because that's meant to make the cork pop out the top.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was champagne, but not whine.
Speaker 3: It didn't work.
Speaker 2: What did you do in the end?
Speaker 3: We eventually we've got a knife and slowly like chipped away at it bit by bit.
Speaker 2: To become the big talking become the big talking point of the night.
Speaker 3: It became because it was the last bottle of wine as well. It's like we have to get.
Speaker 2: This holy grail, all right then? So who had a great weekend? Who liked me had a dull weekend? Nine four one four one oh four to three.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So weekends are I would like to think where stories happen not for me this weekend, literally excitement were built with a shampoo and the dog that apparently was my responsibility to do that with this medicated shampoo because our German shepherd dog, good Levette has got exma. Get that.
Speaker 3: Last time we shampooed the dog, I just left her all sudsy because she was causing such a like having on such a little fit about it. I was like, fine, be sudsy there.
Speaker 2: No, I was told not to get it too suddy because of the dog's got exma. That's going to make the ex me worse. And obviously got the pills to put in the big jaw as well. So a night actually I go to take all the tablets of the weekend. So that's my weekend. Dull. Any of you have a Duller weekend or also I'm looking for people. We've had an amazingly exciting weekend and one of his stories are both the best stories we get. I'll give a pair of you two tickets to one of them between now and eight o'clock on nine four one four one four three go and see you two live tickets. Don't go and sell until next Tuesday. You can win them first with us. Cameron, good morning, Good morning, Chris, And here are you going. I'm pretty good? So dull or great weekend?
Speaker 6: Dull and very traumatic.
Speaker 2: Well what's happened?
Speaker 6: I've got a.
Speaker 2: Newborn baby suffering from collique at the moment, and she is completely inconsolable. Oh god, I've been through that with our youngest daughters. It's hard, really hard for them, hard for you and your wife.
Speaker 6: It's not comfortable, I can tell.
Speaker 2: You, Neil no, but you and your wife exhausted.
Speaker 6: Very much so. And unfortunately I'm back at work and my wife stuck at home with the baby and trying to deal with it on her own at the moment.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's really our especially because your wife, how old is the little baby?
Speaker 6: Just shry her week? Five weeks? Five weeks on Tuesday, So.
Speaker 2: Your wife will be absolutely exhausted anyway, correct, right when I went back to work. Okay, I'll be honest with me now, right now, Cameron, isn't there just a tiny part of you that loves the quietness of being back at work and how you're in control of your.
Speaker 4: Life a tiny little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you close that house door and you try to work. No one wants to admit this, but you do, like you can't tell anyone else. Okay, all right, Camra, your secret safe with me? All right, Camra? Thanks you cool mate. I hope it all works out as well. The baby's going to be okay.
Speaker 6: Cheers guys. You have a great day, all right.
Speaker 2: And you thanks a lot. Let's got a shake, Come one in Shay morning, Shaye. So dull weekend or great weekend?
Speaker 8: I have really that's fulling up that US star. But it was a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what have you done?
Speaker 8: I went to the World Jousting competition on championship.
Speaker 2: World Jousting Championships are aware in Australia in Melbourne.
Speaker 8: Ah yeah, just outside Warrigal.
Speaker 2: So. Jousting one of the oldest kind of extreme sports. It's for the medieval times. You've got people on horseback with large poles trying to take each other out.
Speaker 8: In full armor and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah you got the armor, the big old metal gloves and the how and so were you jousting? Oh god no, but you're watching?
Speaker 8: No, yeah, just watching. So it's pretty intense.
Speaker 2: I bet right. And are the World Championships always here at Warrigle.
Speaker 8: I'm not actually sure. I was trying to look at where next years but they haven't announced it yet.
Speaker 2: So are you in jousting or just went along to it?
Speaker 8: I just went along to it, honestly. It just came up as an interesting event to go to and now I absolutely love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen I've seen people training for it. They have to be amazing rider stuff, this incredible balots. But then also they've got this great, big long pole and they're both riding at each other and you've got to try and take the other person out.
Speaker 8: And they have next to no visions because I've just got that one tiny little slip through the helmet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How does Australia go on the world stage.
Speaker 8: Australia won it?
Speaker 2: How you are even around in medieval times doing this? You're only ten years old? This country?
Speaker 3: Take that England.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Australia want it? Why, Sarah, we got to put this in the sports news. Australia all hell, the new chance, forget about the Cricket World Cup, playing your arts rivals Afghanistan. It's all about the world. Just say, that's a great call. You might be getting those you two tickets. All right, stay there, well done, keep these stories coming then Dull weekend or great weekend? Nine four one for one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Right now they were gonna give away a pair of you two tickets. We're now so on Friday, the coming in November Marvel Stadium tickets don't go and sell until next Tuesday. From live nation dot com dot au. The Joshua Treat World Tour is coming, which is great news. However, you can win them every single day this week. Right now, I'm going to give way a pair of tickets. I'm looking for stories of who had a dull weekend like me, of just packing peak excitement with champage and the dog for exma and spell exma O E s C after the eat. Yeah yeah, I uh this this also the medicine, whatever it is. What have you got an vet?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 2: There's got no cheap medication there man, Chimmis warehouse, please help us out here. There needs to be a chemist dog warehouse. All right, you get on your hands, knees and crawl through a little kennel to get in there as well. The medical they need some competition. So you see the x mera on your dog?
Speaker 3: Can you even see it?
Speaker 2: Or if she's been scratching a lot, the dog scratch all the time, it looks sore, the tom Tom looks sore? X me all right? Nine four one o four to three. Dull weekend like me? Or already exciting weekend? Millie? Which way for you?
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, I had the dullest weekend. Your sound so much more exciting than mine.
Speaker 2: You're more than well to come around shampoo the dog this weekend.
Speaker 9: Okay, I wish I could have hung out with my dog this weekend. It would have been much better.
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 9: I wrote twenty one Term two school reports? Oh no, oh yeah, monotonous, monotonous.
Speaker 2: Hey, Millie, tell me this.
Speaker 3: I was speaking to a teacher this weekend who said they're not allowed to write anything negative on school reports these days.
Speaker 9: You do have to make it positive as it's something we're trying to work towards. They're working on.
Speaker 3: Something, right, So my how I remember my school reports was like Jack talks too much in fast Try harder, must try harder, how would you write that Jack would.
Speaker 9: Need to Jack's goals to work on being an attentive listener.
Speaker 3: So you have to spend you do you spend your whole week and being creative with turning negatives into positives.
Speaker 9: I do, and I prefer to write the positive and the negative. I think it's far. Well, that's what they're learning, aren't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure, how old are the kids? What ear are you mark him?
Speaker 9: I'm doing preps?
Speaker 2: Preps? Yeah, entry level. All right, well, that's just like paintings. And mom and dad would like giant heads and one eye.
Speaker 9: Well, they're themtal onions. There's many layers.
Speaker 2: Positive your potato printing. No, you guys work very hard.
Speaker 9: We do, but it's worthwhile. I love it.
Speaker 2: Where must you teach.
Speaker 9: West?
Speaker 2: All right? Okay, wait there many well done. It's a dull weekend, they're but well done. Alexandria. Yes, Christian, this is someone who did not have a dull weekend. You're bursting to us. Share it with us. What's the news and what did you do?
Speaker 10: My fiance God his offshore fiance visa come true. So on the second of July he's finally flying to Australia. So we can get married.
Speaker 2: Way, that's great. I've never heard of a fiance visa.
Speaker 10: Yes, well, unfortunately, if you don't live together before you get married, then the Australian government requires you to apply for a fiance visa.
Speaker 2: Is that right? Like green card in America?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So he's from the UK. We met in Spain in twenty sixteen walking the Caminos and we've been flying backwards and forwards to the UK and him to Australia ever since. And I'm eleven months ago. We got eleven months ago, we got engaged and.
Speaker 2: Graduations and stuff.
Speaker 10: Thank you applied for the visa in it does come true.
Speaker 3: The commiserations for the cast, those things. I mean, even when I did it seven years ago with my wife, it was expensive. But it's doubled in price since then, is it really?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Seven over seven thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: What seven thousand? I know you can't put a price on love, but seven.
Speaker 3: You almost can.
Speaker 2: No, Jack, you can't. Not the government have officially that is the price of love.
Speaker 10: That coulds and forwards has been a hell of a lot more than that. So conscious they all got a lot of money from us.
Speaker 2: Ah, but I bet that's just the best news for.
Speaker 10: The pair of you, right, most amazing news on flying high at the moment.
Speaker 2: I bet that's great. And are you think you're going to get married this year?
Speaker 10: Yes, fourteen to September.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, there's fourteenth of September whereabouts. Obviously you've got to save some money now, So is it at macas drive through? Yeah?
Speaker 10: No, it's a lovely little church out in Murndus in Joseph's Catholic Church. And then viepping ourself for the reception.
Speaker 2: Well, we're going to give you some extra good news as well. I'm going to give you the tickets to go to YouTube. There's no way you can afford to buy them next week, so they're on us, okay for you and you seem to be mister Alexandra him all right, Okay, well listen, congratulations on the visa. That is this the best news you're going to get this year. I'm really pleased with the parent.
Speaker 10: You right, thank you, thank you so much, Thank you so much for the tickets.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic pleasure. Okay, thanks to going, take care and joy you too.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one Oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three amazing news. Then the world's first electric police car right here in Melbourne, Tesla.
Speaker 3: I love a Tesla. Look beautiful now, yeah, I mean I dream of getting one one day, but I couldn't get one because we only have off street parking, so yeah, there would be nowhere to charge it. We'd have to run like an extension laid out across the road.
Speaker 2: They look so amazing and a police car that can get up to speeds that quickly as well on electric one? Do you think today right that the station wherever it's parts right now about it go out on its first day? How the drawing? Who's going to get to drive it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you would have been fighting the old ones.
Speaker 2: When the new ones. I surely thought that's a people are going to be fighting each other trying to work out who gets to drive it for the first time. All right, then it is time for it's just.
Speaker 11: Another misheard Monday Christian O'Connell's misheard lyrics.
Speaker 2: Okay, Monday misheard lyrics. You know how this works, then we do it every Monday. You send me the ones that you've heard the last seven days. Big John is the man who gives us a top five to kick it all off. As always, when we mishear the lyrics or when we think they're misheard. If it is as the person says, it is misheard, one, we definitely agree it is misheard like that if it's nowhere near it and if it's an amazing one Hall of Fame, instant Hall of famers. In the last few weeks, George Michael, I've got to have faith or is it I gotta have can't only hear that one? All right? Then A big John has done a YouTube special with the great news they're coming to Melbourne in November and we've got exclusive tickets every single day this week. It's a U two special. First up then where the streets have no name? We played this Friday. I want to feel sunlight on my face or is it I want to feel some lead on my face? Said Angel of Harlem. That is a great song. We should play this empty glass the lady sings, or is it empty glasses laid in their sinks?
Speaker 12: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit there, but not all enough pride in the name of love. Great U two song. I think you'd all like this one. They could not take your pride? Or is it they could not take your pie. I'm hearing pies. I'm hearing pies, not just pie. Yeah that's there. Now we go to you too. I still haven't found what I'm looking for. I believe in the Kingdom come or is it I believe in the King of Kong. That's the best one so far. I love that I believe in the King of Kong. Yeah, that's there. And then last one this morning from Big John Are you two special Mishard lyrics? I just want to hear that song. I love that song. Can't keep holding on to what you've got when all you've got is hurt? Or is it? Can't? No one's thank you for this one. Can't keep holding on to a tour guide when all you've got is hurt. It's gonna let go. Bon's gotta let go of that tour guide. Yeah, definitely. All right, Your one's coming up next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It's just another miss heard Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics. All right, now back into part two of Monday Mornings Misheard Lyrics. This is a round up of all ones you've sent in the last week. Let's get straight into it. Let's go to a boss one Bruce Springsteen. Everybody's got a hungry heart? Or is it everybody's got a hungry hog? Just just it's on the cusp ish Bob Barley, Buffalo soldier. Where can I have light sticks? It's meant to be when I analyze these things? Or is it when I analyze the stench?
Speaker 12: Where can I have the lights sticks?
Speaker 2: That's the best one this morning. I'm putting that straight in when he analyzes the stench. Just go to the eighties and take on me by huh. Supposed to be I'll be coming for your love, okay? Or is it I'll be kung fu for your love? Okay? Sorry, no, I want to hear it, but it's not there. I did know what happened to. Duffy had like a one hit wonder and a great album. Really nice sound, great voice. Remember Duffy way before there was a doll.
Speaker 12: You Gaddy Began Woman.
Speaker 2: Came out around time as Oh, it was a great one. There was another great female scene that came in that You Get the same time as well.
Speaker 12: You Goddy Began You Woman.
Speaker 2: This is a good song. You got me begging me for mercy? Or is it begging for bird seed?
Speaker 12: You gotty began you woman?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm sorry? Up in his birth Robin thick bloodlines? Baby, can you breathe? I got this from Jamaica? Or is it? Baby? Can you breed a cactus from Jamaica? Yes? Yes, and yes it's all there? Can you breed and the cactus? Maybe? Can you breed a cactus from Jamaica? Well done? This last one comes from Markey Boy Madonna, Yes, jam Laila Bonita, last night Trento San Pedro? Or is it last night? Dreampt of some bagels? Jam?
Speaker 3: I hear bagels, I hear one bagel, but it still counts the singular.
Speaker 12: A jamper something?
Speaker 2: You're quite right, that's right, jams of some bagel?
Speaker 12: Next night I jamper something?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much? Mark you boy? Okay, if you've got some for next Monday? Email you misheard limits Christian at Gold one o four three dot com dot authank.
Speaker 1: You the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Then the show turns one years old, which is astonishing. Givenness, most people didn't think it would even make it till Christmas, and at times I didn't think it would even make it till Christmas. But we have almost a year and the way we want to celebrate this is with you. On Friday, we are all off to the Cooper's in old school hospitality, bang in the heart of the CBD. All right, so we have whole up and we can have a load of you. Tickets are getting tighter. It would appear that I can.
Speaker 3: A little bit too give away fancy free I call it fancy free Thursday, where every caller got a pair of tickets.
Speaker 2: So we really only got like five pairs a day to give away. Now, No, yeah, five is good. We're good for five. Here's what we're doing. Then you come on down with us. You're poning it up. You party with us, You have a beer with us, a drink with us. It's our way of saying thank you for supporting this very, very new show. And you also get cannipis and yeah, free drinks cannopase. Now, when you flick around, you ask yourself, fIF you ever bought you a canopey, she bought you a drink? How many years you've been doing that gig? You had a lot of drinking with feefee. No you haven't, Eddie. Eddie's not gonna do that. He's gonna throw you out the way and stick he's big old snout in that can of paine and eat them all up.
Speaker 3: Do we know what the cannipes are?
Speaker 2: How many cannipais per person? What's the canna pay allocation? Three cannapase some per listener? And you also get a live show from us. This is not gonna be recorded, not gonna be streamed, stalk me podcast. It is just for you guys in the room. It's a very late version of the Breakfast Show, asked with a couple of beers inside us. Already Jack's demands have started. We had to meet on Friday when they were like, what do you need? And I don't really need anything. Just a microphone chat was what what do you want? A low table?
Speaker 3: I want to be behind a desk. If we're safe, we do the show behind a desk?
Speaker 2: Should pub Yeah? But what are we going to do?
Speaker 3: Just walk like stroll paced back and forth over the stage. I would feel more comfortable if I'm sat.
Speaker 2: Behind a desk. Then you can sit behind a desk. Okay, what about? What about Patsy. Today's the last day for any kind of demands. Leave her just she can sit next to me on the desk. She's announcewer so Perry you, I'm going to stand. You can sit with us if you want. I don't want to sit down. It looks lazy. Come and see sit down.
Speaker 3: Well, I think they're locking in the desk a Also, what do you do during the show.
Speaker 2: You've had to stand? You used to sit down, sorry slump then he would lie down.
Speaker 3: That's true. Actually, uh no, on Friday.
Speaker 2: Evening, are you're gonna be okay the energy levels not just that. Jack is going to be singing a song as well. Jack Mates these amazing, smart, funny songs. He's gonna be doing one for Friday night. However, he's obviously worked out way to get his guitar serviced.
Speaker 3: It's in poor state. It actually needs a service.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's done yourself. What we're going to pay for it?
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying before Friday.
Speaker 2: So we've got to get you a desk. There's some I'm buying you a desk today and then servicing your guitar. Drop one out of this you know the pen here right one off the sales guys. Okay. Also, what we're doing is we want to give away some tickets. Now, he's got five pairs to give away. It's no big deal. Five pairs to give away. Nine four one four one o four three. People can stand at the back, can't They all lie on each other's laps.
Speaker 3: Fire hazard, sorry, fire hazard?
Speaker 2: What happened to you? Happened to? Wild Jack post from Hamish nandy'kay.
Speaker 3: Give usway as many ticket as you want, Brad. Just put me in charge of making sure you don't give away so many tickets.
Speaker 2: Five pairs to one right now, nine four one four one oh four three. Just call us up and tell us what have you learned about this show? You might be a new listener in the last week or two, maybe a bit longer, but what have you learnt from this show? Ninety four one four one o four three. You could win one of the sixty pairs of tickets are going to give away right now.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: She's out there, My friend who's out me? That mom?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Pat? Yeah, she's listening. You're listening, madam, Pats Will be sitting, she said us talking about, you know, your requests for a chair and a low table. Patsy's saying that she will be sitting. What's a low table just a normal table? You said it to the DYNA meeting. I don't think you realize AH will require a low table as opposed to like a high table for a chart. But a low table.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's right, because they asked question, thought it was.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to say anything because maybe it's not stray anything and they have low high medium. I have to make no if I'm buying urture to know what requestion. Now I know what it was. I asked, I want im picture me having my laptop on the not on Friday night, you can shopping and I'm gonna get a bit bort first.
Speaker 3: If I would like a lef turn No, No, a low table which is a normal table, just not a podium.
Speaker 2: Why don't we do you reckon? We could buy Friday get a throne for Pats. Yes, pats deserves more than a chair, doesn't she. We need a throne for Pats. No idea how we're going to get hold of a throne. But the search starts now. If you've got a spare throwne at home. Please, we'll give you tickets, all right, Seriously, let's get Pats a throne to sit in when she comes and joins us. All right, we're looking for your facts that you've learned about the show during the last almost year. We're giving away tickets. Coming join Usays Friday. The show turns one tomorrow. It's a big deal for me to come here start a your radio show, and it means so much to some many of you who have given the show a go and support what we're trying to build here and hopefully you enjoying it and come along for the ride wherever it ends up. So we just want to buy you a drink. It's as simple as that. We're going to do a special late night version of this breakfast show where Jack's at the table and Pats on the throne. What a show already. So we're just asking what have you learned from the show? Kathy?
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Kathy. What have you learned from the show.
Speaker 9: Well, I've learned that an English fella can actually be really funny.
Speaker 3: What you so that's this funnish English people?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean all the TV shows that made it out Here are the comedians. None of them made you laugh.
Speaker 8: Ah, not as much as you English people.
Speaker 2: Was roll and boring. But change my mind, all right, Kathy, Well, I'm going to put that to the test, says Friday. You might change your mind, and he says live but Kathy, come on down Friday.
Speaker 4: Yay, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the right pleasure. Look forward to meeting you. I'll see Friday.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I have a good week. Bye, Let's go to NoREL. Good morning, NoREL, Yes, good morning Christian Norell. What have you learned from the show?
Speaker 7: Well, I learned had.
Speaker 8: A most lightning A John rang in one time and went on for about half an hour.
Speaker 4: Hilarious.
Speaker 9: It was so many.
Speaker 2: Norell I had. We were already five minutes late for the news. He wouldn't stop talking. This is I think we still got a clip from This is Me, just trying to yell his name John John John John John John John John Job.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't start talking, he didn't breathe in between sentences.
Speaker 2: I got an email from his wife who's been married to him, saying that she has to say situation John John John John John John John John job a Noel will give you a beat of tickets. Thanks for reminding us of that. Okay, see your.
Speaker 4: Friday, thank you singing bye?
Speaker 2: All right, and that's try Kathy. Now, good morning, Kathy, Good morning, Good morning, Kathy. Welcome to the show. And what have you learned? Mate?
Speaker 9: I learned that Christian has really bad tasted in tall peak?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean last year the D's looked like a good team. Okay, there were going places this what has happened? I mean there were thirty odd points up on the third court at the weekend and then lose by two. They are having a terrible season.
Speaker 3: Had your one year mark? Do we give you a chance to change team?
Speaker 2: I'm not doing that, Kathy, to change no it no, it is. You can't start changing teams deeds did I die?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't respect him, Kathy if you changed you don't.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Kathy, you can have a pair of ticket.
Speaker 3: Oh hang on, Oh it's two doubles per day.
Speaker 2: Now, Kathy, you're a tiny lady. We can squeeze you in, can't we I am there we go. She's the dieady little person. We won't even know you're there, all right? You have to have a megaphone to speak to She's so tiny. Okay, tiny Kathy, We see you there, beautiful, Thank you, thanks right. No more tickets for today. Jack's giving away too many.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good news everybody. Pharnsie is headlining One Electric Day Live out at Werribee Park. We went out for this wh when we took the winners of One Last Dream. Yeah, bungalow out there, beautiful setup. Tickets on sale this Thursday ten am through ticket Master. John Farnham headlining One Electric Day Live aut wearrib Park. We've got a pair of tickets on the artwork time waste every single day this week before they go and sell musical celebrities. I've got touch it. It's hot, it's hot. I'm holding here.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you starting with your best one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm going straight Banjelina Jolie Goal, Harmonica Lewinsky.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: Lut Perry r ip lut Perry. Medieval instrument. There's some history for you, Charlie theremin what's a theremon? Yeah? They are the hold their hand over thinking.
Speaker 3: That's a crab instrument.
Speaker 2: Terrible. When has it ever been used well on a song? Yoko Obo.
Speaker 3: Trying to think of.
Speaker 2: This one sucks, but I'm going to say it anyway. Piano reefs, that's good, is it? I didn't think it was about said piano of course. And gong linen that's good. Angelina Jody, all right, what have you got then?
Speaker 3: Drum Kit Harrington starting with the worst first or treble Wilson treble Wilson treble.
Speaker 2: Is a trouble eye brown for this place, I guarantee with the show on Natar this morning that actually said the words treble Clift.
Speaker 3: Reese with a spoons play the spoons.
Speaker 2: No, no one plays the spoon They do for people know no one asks him to. That is not a music. If you don't go in Tim musical shop and you go, wow, are the spoons please?
Speaker 3: Timpanie the tool man Taylor.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's enough now, recording time, no more from you. You can send us yours now. Musical celebrities Banjelina Jonie, what have you got? Oh four seven five oh three one oh four three Text them in now, Musical celebrities oh fal seven five oh three one oh four three. Hal for grabs the Empire of Tickets. Who rare they go on sal Thursday at ten am to go and see. John Farnham just pronounced he's headlining One Electric Day, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Don't have a jack to mark? Today's at work time? Waster your musical celebrities half for grabs every single day this week which just announced John Farnham Grainy Is fans He's going to be headlining One Electric Day Live at Werriby Park. Tickets on sale Thursday this Thursday at ten am through Ticketmaster. Musical Celebrities, you went it to Mark Ban Joe Pesco, I don't know it, Bronz Joe Joe Joe Pesky.
Speaker 3: But what's he our?
Speaker 2: Ben Joe?
Speaker 3: Sorry, just totally missed it. Bronz, Oh Boys, Treble, Cliff Richard, what's his first day? Cliffs?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 2: You know what? Let's shake hands now. The last year has been loving to both of us. No you're not. You're not staying on for season two that starts tomorrow, Cliff, what Cliff? Someone restores battery setting? Jack's crashed a year? Was too much of these hours? Is this the hangover from Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Ready, I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Donald Trumpets no.
Speaker 3: Simple one simple, easy to get gold.
Speaker 2: Tom Tom Hanks, what's the tom?
Speaker 3: Tom's Tom Toms?
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know, Sivil plus.
Speaker 13: He's still ready everyone, Tuba Gooding Junior good gold, fluted flute, Ted Danson bad bronze, Edward would win.
Speaker 3: Silver.
Speaker 2: Stephen Glockenspielberg, I was trying to think of one for a clock and spiel that is great gold. Craig well done, John Farmer, Honka gold, Scott, save us for that one. Brad orchestra pit.
Speaker 11: That's very good silver plus word and Roonda should have been gold. Kevin harp Ah good gold, Cleft. We're going back in with the cleft, warm and approaching with caution, just letting you know cleft.
Speaker 2: Eastwood, bronze, kazoo read.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 2: All right, who's winning the tickets? Oh?
Speaker 3: I didn't think I didn't make a No. Oh boy, he'll have to be.
Speaker 2: Thing to make a note. It marks him every day. He's been doing it for the last year. Help me, help me far from trying and let the show what Stephen Glockenspielberg, No, let's give it to far Monica John Farmonica Scotty Boy, you've won the tickets. Well done.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three finally found out Friday. We all sent off our DNA using fake names. My wife's sidea.
Speaker 3: Try to protect your identity, but I mean Colin that's you, Yeah, Colin O'Connell or Colin.
Speaker 2: Change the surname as well, and but despite using my credit card listed to me and my address anyway, we all came back and how did you do spiting?
Speaker 3: Did you have to give another super sample?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well what other one is there? Who have you been information? You can't be sending that to someone for the bust?
Speaker 12: Why did he?
Speaker 2: Why is he? I'm not going to analyze that, but I did last year.
Speaker 3: I did the speed one as well. Yeah, a different company.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, I went through ancestry, I think, yeah, and it's fascinating. So we all did it, me, my wife and the two kids mine are there's some interesting ones. The big thing for me is obviously I have got I know, I've got our Irish relatives.
Speaker 3: Well obviously the same name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but my spoiler alert, how I didn't realize I am seventy percent Irish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would guess about that.
Speaker 2: Well, I only thought about thirty percent, but it's a high mix now seventy percent Irish. However, the really big revelation to my wife and the kids seeming a different light now and I think you will five percent Indian and African. Really, yeah, who's where?
Speaker 3: What side of the family does it come from?
Speaker 2: Don't know. I've puked. Got the calls through to mom and dad. They're not returning at the moment. You know, my dad, who's a Nigerian prince, I have had some doubts about in Quoque for quite a while, but he lets me call him Dad.
Speaker 3: I've seen you had a whole new exotic light.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah that was a shock.
Speaker 3: Yeah you don't see it in the features.
Speaker 2: But no, but in my love of Indian food, it's there. It's right.
Speaker 3: You were complaining when you got to Melbourne that you couldn't find a good curry.
Speaker 2: Still can't find a good courriage, still looking at it like your and nanny used to make. That's right, and so what were yours?
Speaker 3: Mine were pretty basic? So I'm ninety nine point nine percent European. And the breakdown is sixty five percent British and Irish and north Western European. Wow, thirteen percent French and German and three percent.
Speaker 2: You're quite quite a blend there, aren't you. Yeah? All right, so tomorrow on the show, A lot of people are doing this now, sending off for these various tests and stuff like that. Has it ever surprised your shown up some stuff, you know, especially with family trees as well, or whether you've done the DNA testing you know you can now you can take these to medical experts that will say you need to watch out for this.
Speaker 3: See. I thought that would be part of the website when I looked at my breakdown.
Speaker 2: And we're not allowed to do that anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because I didn't get that. I thought I would say like, hey, go get yourself tested.
Speaker 2: Now I've been told to someone that you can go to and then they will say, hey, wow, o criig, if you've got that kind of in your bloodstream, you want to be careful.
Speaker 3: All right, So do we spit again or we take what is you want to keep sending me your bodily fluid? I'm just or do we just take like given the log into the website?
Speaker 2: All right? Email me. If you've ever done this before, and I don't mean send you your fluids to the post, email me Christian at god one O four three dot com dot au, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So the big things we need to sort out today? All right? Yep? Thrown for Pats?
Speaker 3: Now? Is this a Game of Thrones type throwne or just like a regal regal?
Speaker 2: Regal? Think Queen Pats. Okay, uh so we need that tomorrow's show. Then's all about tomorrow show for us to show turns one year. We got some treats and surprises. Are the socks here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the socks are here. Oh they look right, they look fantastic. They are that we've had some special socks made. No, when I mean special, lower your expectation of special. But they are better than I thought they'd look. But they are bizarre and they good quality. That's the other thing I thought we'd get these.
Speaker 2: Hey, Whynie mentioned the picture of me on the front of the sock. The fear of the family. Go and send some fluids to the post.
Speaker 3: I find if you turn them inside out there all right, that's to my show and we have five Top of Tuesday and more U two tickets and you can.
Speaker 2: Come and join us in the pub as well for our birthday show. Title of today's show is Fluids through the Post.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three