Speaker 1: Come on in everyone morning. Oh my god, it's not the morning. What is wrong with me? Is three o'clock noon? Guys? Well, I'm only having my first coffee of the day. That's the problem, and that's why I feel like it's the morning. I've tried to like take away my level of caffeine and it's obviously affecting my brain.
Speaker 2: Do you smell burnt toes?
Speaker 3: Stop that ABM coffee is not a good idea, though, I can have.
Speaker 4: A coffee and go to bed.
Speaker 1: Actually it doesn't do for me what it does for some other people.
Speaker 3: No, I'll be awake all night, but I'll be awake anyway because my child doesn't sleep anymore.
Speaker 4: Hey, I don't know if you guys saw the news.
Speaker 1: It's pretty big news in the Hollywood entertainment world. But Selena Gomez, finally, I think, from the first time since Justin Bieber has come out in a relationship.
Speaker 4: Do we care?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do I care?
Speaker 1: We're invested in She is the most followed person in the universe on Instagram. She's got like four hundred and thirty million follows. People care or just you don't care?
Speaker 3: No, people care? But I also think people care too much. Like she's been trolled online. I mean, poor Hailey Bieber is still being trolled and she's justin.
Speaker 4: Had now they Haley come into this because.
Speaker 3: I just don't understand why people get so hung up for so.
Speaker 5: Long someone who's not interested. You know everyone's names, and they broke up in July two thousand and seven.
Speaker 4: But Laura Oh, is she in a relationship. She's been trolled.
Speaker 6: About it because she's with Benny Blanco and they work together years ago on this song that we probably played here, so that now they've become full circle and they're back together.
Speaker 2: I think it's really cute.
Speaker 4: It's actually really cute.
Speaker 1: The reason people have a problem with it eight people that are justin stands like, it's not justin but b. Most of the people right are saying that they're on different levels.
Speaker 4: People are like, she is.
Speaker 1: An absolute smoke show and he is maybe slightly less put together and aesthetically, yeah, stay attractive for it. It's okay, bad, but that's what people are saying. People are like, look what you're batting down and she and I love this. She's actually going back and commenting back to people being like, excuse me, A, who are you? B I have literally never been happier and no one has ever treated me better, and I'm about it.
Speaker 3: Well, Selena Gomez, I know you don't care, but we're happy for you.
Speaker 2: She's listening on the iHeartRadio app, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Well, coming up, I mean, I don't know if you guys have heard of the word dink before. Do you know what a dink is? You might be a dink, But coming up, I'm going to tell you exactly what it is and the pros and cons of why it might be a good idea to be a dink.
Speaker 5: All right, that's on the way. Congratulations again to Selena. I'm so happy for you. Slower pick up around Australia.
Speaker 3: Guys, I think that my Instagram algorithm is it's having to go with me nothing else.
Speaker 1: I was trying to think of so many ways to taunt you then, but I'm just gonna let you tell a stories.
Speaker 4: That not a single one, not a single one came to mind.
Speaker 1: Were like, I'll let you go now that was appropriate for radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm dealing currently Lola. She's two years old, actually she's almost three.
Speaker 2: Little baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she is my baby.
Speaker 2: She's your youngest and she.
Speaker 3: Is addicted to her dummy, and it's my fault. We've let this go on for so long. For a while there, I kept saying, Oh, she has a dummy, it's so comforting to her. And then I realized, actually, her dummy is comforting to me because she is quiet. What it is in her mouth, Like if there's ever a drama, if she's ever upset about something, angry about something, I'm like, here, dummy, it's a plug a mouth blog.
Speaker 1: What is this standard dummy exodus from my child?
Speaker 2: The age?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And they say around twelve months, is like it's recommended that your child stops being on a dummy. By twelve months, you've tripled it.
Speaker 2: Then they get those duck bill teeth. Their teeth can be.
Speaker 3: And that's the problem. Lola's teeth are a bit splayed. She's three years old anyway. So on the weekend, I was like, it's finally time the dummy's going. And it has been nothing but a trauma, like three nights in a year, both of us. She screamed all through the night, all day. It's like I won my dummy, O dummy, Like it's really really hard. Anyway, in the middle of the night, last night. I finally got her down to sleep after this like getting up, getting down, getting up, getting down. And then I was wired away because I've just been listening to her cry for an hour and a half. And I get on Instagram and I'm having a scroll and I come across this viral video which is all around dinks, and now I feel like I'm being trolled by dinks. And if you don't know what a dink is, it's a double income, no kids, and it's people who can live their life exactly how they want and sleep for the entire amount of time that they want to sleep.
Speaker 4: For Guilty, I'm guilty.
Speaker 3: I have listened to this audio. We'redinks.
Speaker 1: We go to Twitter Joe's and workout classes on the weekends.
Speaker 7: We're dinks. We get into snoppy hobbies like skiing and golfing.
Speaker 3: Or dinks we can go to Florida on a whim 'or.
Speaker 7: Dinks, we're already planning our European vacation next year. We'redinks.
Speaker 3: We get a fold eight hours of sleep and sometimes more.
Speaker 7: We'redinks. We get desserts and appetizers at restaurants.
Speaker 3: We'redinks. We can play with other kids. We got it.
Speaker 7: We still do it three times a week.
Speaker 5: We spend no discretionary income on Okay, that's enough time over.
Speaker 4: There, all right, we got it, your dink, So.
Speaker 5: We still do it three times a week. Do what puzzles and build pillow forts.
Speaker 4: Lego.
Speaker 3: Those there bad couple are not doing anything, that's for sure. No, Okay. One thing that made me feel better about myself is that they sound very annoying. So I was like, if that's what a dink is, I don't want to be it.
Speaker 4: No, I'm a dink and I'm not annoying.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you and Ben, you and your partnermight have no kids, You've got jewel income.
Speaker 4: And it is the best.
Speaker 1: And Laura, sometimes you have actually said that you're like this part of me that misses those days where like Ben and I we just decided in two weeks to go on a trip to the Maldives. We have a nice flight booked, we have amazing accommodation booked because we can. I don't have kids to worry about. I've got income that I am not I was gonna say, wasting on my kids, spending on my kids. So it just gives you that flexibility of spontaneity, no luxury.
Speaker 2: Laura saying how upset she is?
Speaker 3: How dare you?
Speaker 4: I think are great?
Speaker 3: I think you need to take that back because I have taken it back on the MALOFE have a wonderful Christmas plan. I'm going to the Aladulla Caravan Park and it's going to be great, and it's what would.
Speaker 1: You prefer a La Dulla caravan park or a trip to the Maldives with a lover?
Speaker 2: Well'm I sink. I'm a single income night kid, so.
Speaker 4: And you're coming on my holiday.
Speaker 2: I'm going with Brits.
Speaker 3: My god, do you know what? Sometimes you would trade it in, but I know we joke about this. There is nothing better and Christmas time for me, this has been like the real reminder. Even though I haven't slept at all and I'm spending all my money on my kids, this period of the years is now so much more special. Everything is so much more like joyful and merry and exciting because I have little kids and I'm not going to the Mount Dives.
Speaker 4: It's very special for me. On the private beach too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going to look gorgeous in that bikini.
Speaker 1: Guys, you won't believe the encounter that I had yesterday. I had the most awkward naked encounter in daytime.
Speaker 3: What did you do? I'm going to tell you about it.
Speaker 2: Well, least you've got two incomes, so you'll be fine. That's next to the pickup.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: The most awkward thing happened to me yesterday. So I go through phases, but I'm in this era and now of like health wellness. Sometimes I'm in it. Sometimes I just want to sin a lounge and et pasta every day and donuts and not do anything.
Speaker 4: But I'm backing my health era.
Speaker 1: So I'm exercising every day, but I'm doing all the extra stuff. I'm having the ice bath and I'm going to saunas, and I'm just being holistic about my health.
Speaker 3: I think that's a very like Instagram version of health. It's like we're doing the exercise part again, it's science you're doing this. It's infrared saunas and the ice bar, so everyone's doing.
Speaker 1: What I love to do is saunas for me, like my real meditation. That's where not many people enjoy it because I get too hot, but I like to go in lay down.
Speaker 4: I have my headphones in I check out.
Speaker 1: I actually almost meditate in there, but I just listen to a podcasts or whatever. How long are you sitting there for forty five to fifty minutes?
Speaker 5: Is this in infrared or one of those old school infrared.
Speaker 1: I walked in yesterday and the place that I go to there's multiple rooms. It's not like one sauna and you have a number like you're up at it's third on the right or whatever.
Speaker 4: So I was walking up to.
Speaker 1: My room and I had my headphones in and I opened the door and I walked in and I closed the door. In a sauna room, if you've never been, it's literally just like there's a sink a shower. There's usually only a meter of space between the sink and the sauna, and they're all clear doors.
Speaker 4: So I've walked through my headphones in and I've.
Speaker 1: Put my bag down, I've turned around on the sink, I've taken my shirt off, I'm starting to undress, and through my headphones, I'm like hearing something like a knock and I was like, is.
Speaker 4: Someone at the door. And I was like, no, they're not at the door.
Speaker 1: I turn around, you naked, I have a bra on and no shirt on. I turn around and three feet in front of me, already in the sauna is a completely naked woman.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, you're in my sauna. She's like, you're in my THORNA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were definitely in hers.
Speaker 4: I walked into the wrong room.
Speaker 1: I had my headphones on, so I walked in and she's like, excuse me, but it's through the glass and I had my headphones, so I'm just liked, took my.
Speaker 4: Top off getting dressed, and she's there's nowhere to hide in you're naked, phoat.
Speaker 1: So she's just standing there and I was like, instead of running out, I had to put my top on.
Speaker 4: So it was slow and I started to apologize.
Speaker 3: It took.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm sorry. She's like it's okay, and I was like, it's just the wrong room. She's like, got it, Just get it out.
Speaker 1: And so I turned around with a top one run away and I hope I never see her again.
Speaker 4: But I never felt more awkward in my life.
Speaker 3: No, I think that this is okay. I think this is her fault, this is her problem. I don't know why you would get fully naked unless the doors are lockable, unless you're like safe in your little cocoon. Also, that's a public space. Why are you sitting in a sauna with your butt on the wood? Bit completely?
Speaker 4: No, I also go naked because you sit on a tack. You do have a towel. I always always go naked. But she's obviously just not locked the door.
Speaker 2: Do you ever want to see Brittany Hockley.
Speaker 5: Guys, she sits in a glass in the middle of the city naked on Thursdays at three pms.
Speaker 4: Have you ever done that? Though?
Speaker 1: Like, it's so mortifying, And I definitely didn't handle it well because I stayed to apologize instead of giving.
Speaker 2: The woman who was sweaty from the sauna.
Speaker 4: I was like, it's so near.
Speaker 3: The closest thing that I have come to that, Like, because when you're rushing around you've got two kids, right, you're never really paying attention to what you're doing. You kind of got like one hand on a kid, one eye on a kid. So we walked into the bathrooms were at the airport, walked into the toilets, and all you're thinking when you've got little kids is stop touching things in the public toilet, right. So I'm looking at both men and I'm like, did you get off the floor not touching things?
Speaker 4: Anyway, I licked the ball.
Speaker 3: I clung the door open, and I'm still yelling at one of my kids, and I look up and there's a poor woman in the middle of doing a poo, sitting on the toilet. You opened the door, just wide open, wide open, holding it open, people in the washing hair worse. And I did what you did. I was still not really computing what was going on, and I was seeing this woman and she was seeing me, and we were making eye contact, and then I was confused. I literally was started apologizing but slowly closing the door.
Speaker 4: She's turtle necking. She's like, just get out, just like there's no time.
Speaker 3: I'm so used to being in a toilet with people going to the toilet, because I'm always face wiping little kids bums. I didn't even think, like, hit hand.
Speaker 5: I've had I've had a situation very similar to that at a public toilet. It was just one of the ones in the city which with an electric door, which is a pub toilet. Yeah, anyway, I pushed the button. It was green, so they hadn't locked it, but I pushed it.
Speaker 2: The door slid open.
Speaker 5: Like we're in Star Wars and there is a woman staring at me direct like a dog. There's a kelpie doing a po in a bark, direct eye contact with me. So oh sorry, push the button again. But the door closes at the rate of a snail slow.
Speaker 3: It's like a.
Speaker 5: Slow So I'm walking here in the eyes and she's just like clenching it, trying to cut it off.
Speaker 4: Why did you maintain a night contact.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what to do. I was saying sorry with my eyes.
Speaker 3: You're just waving whiles the door shut. It's like an elevator door closing.
Speaker 4: And then when you put your hand in it opens again.
Speaker 2: The sensor goes up so bad. We're idiots. I feel like people have been in this situation.
Speaker 5: Surely thirteen one of six, five or right into us on the pickup socials, the pickup dot com dot A.
Speaker 2: You will give you five hundred bucks a chmist warehouse. Have you've got a story you.
Speaker 4: Can beat our stories? You will give you five hundred big ones?
Speaker 2: All right, everybody neck.
Speaker 5: It is arguably one of the saddest days of the year today, is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Happy?
Speaker 5: Statistically have a think? What do you think I mean? Today, Monday of the eleventh of December. What do you think happens most frequently on this day than any other day of the year. I think, and then we'll tell you next year at the pickup. Yes, it is Christmas and I know what you're thinking, What a jolly Mary season?
Speaker 3: Yeah, jolly Mary season.
Speaker 4: I love Christy time.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting really.
Speaker 5: Close to December twenty fifth. It is Monday, the eleventh of December. Christmas spirit is in full swing. Penone is available at all the grocery stores.
Speaker 2: You can get.
Speaker 5: Christmas pudding, you can get mince pies. You can also today get broken up with.
Speaker 3: That was very dramatic.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that took a turn. I didn't it coming.
Speaker 5: Well, I told you it's a shock because today, break up to you, Mary, break up.
Speaker 2: To you and your loved ones.
Speaker 5: Today is statistically the most frequent day that people get broken up with in the entire calendar year.
Speaker 2: Today, the eleventh of December.
Speaker 3: Do you know what, I think we must be getting our sources from the same place, because I knew this, And it's not just in the entire calendar, It's in the entire world.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: It's the whole universe. It's even in the main calendar.
Speaker 2: Is it really ancient Egyptians? Cleopatra was broken up with December. It's why she has that eye shadow. She was crying.
Speaker 4: It was a dark day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very dark day.
Speaker 3: Do you know what though? This makes sense? Okay? The reason for the breakups is because it's very strategic life maths. People are breaking up because either if you leave it too late, like if you leave it another week, then you've got to go into Christmas with that person, right Like, if you leave it a day or two days before Christmas, you were then a bit of an asshole because you broke up with them so close to Christmas. And if you don't do it before Christmas, you gotta wait all the way until New Year's so you can't do it.
Speaker 2: You could break up with someone I'm posing day as far as I'm.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that is breakup purgatory. That's like no man's land.
Speaker 1: You can't touch a relationship from Boxing Day until.
Speaker 2: New Years making this up as you go, actual rules.
Speaker 1: You have to break up from the main calendar.
Speaker 2: Did you watch your documentary on the weekend about the Mayos?
Speaker 3: No, guys? Okay, if you've been thinking about breaking up with your partner this time of year. It has to be done now because you can't. No, I'm being serious.
Speaker 4: All we will do it a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm looking out for you because I seriously think if you leave it too close to Christmas, it's so mean. And then if you do it directly after Christmas, like the day after or two days after, or you've just bought them a present, they've just had you over to their family house, you hung out with them.
Speaker 1: Mum.
Speaker 4: I think it goes further than that.
Speaker 1: I think it's financially very strategic, like we are in an economic crisis. If you don't think that's your forever person, you don't take them through a Christmas gift. You spend money off because you.
Speaker 3: Can't go through Christmas with.
Speaker 5: Le No, no, no, I think regardless of when you're broken up with, there's going to be a complaint. You break up with a girl and she goes. He broke up with me twelve months before my birthday. He broke with me six months before easing grow up.
Speaker 3: Why did you say when you break up with a girl, firstly you're gay and secondly, why is it just a girl who's complaining, literally break up one boys too.
Speaker 5: I'm becoming a conservative. I've decided today I'm changing my brain.
Speaker 4: You straight, he's a straight conservative.
Speaker 5: On thirteen one oh six, five were you broken up with today? Have you been broken up with? We put this on our socials. We got so many people.
Speaker 2: Is true?
Speaker 1: I did have someone writing I mean I find this one funny.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 1: He broke up with me two days after my dog died and said he needed to focus on his mental health. But his mental health came in the form of a girl he was at university with for the last six months. Always the case, his mental health was another relationship.
Speaker 2: Wow, was the dog real?
Speaker 5: That was?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was rue.
Speaker 3: That's so mean. I'm a couple of days out, but I was just dumped on Wednesday. We've been together for two and a half years and he's just said he doesn't love me anymore.
Speaker 4: Laura was so sad.
Speaker 5: That's really sad. O. Tash is called on thirteen one six. So I've hate Tash.
Speaker 2: What happened to you? Did you do the breaking up with or did it happen to you?
Speaker 8: I was the one doing the breaking up. Yes, I broke up with him, probably about this time last year. Yeah, yeah, well together for a couple of months, and I just thought, you know, Christmas is around the corner. I'm not really feeling the relationship. I don't know what to get him, so I'd rather spend the money on myself than him.
Speaker 4: So very here it is.
Speaker 1: You don't want to buy a present that you don't need to strategic last math, Okay, how did he take the news?
Speaker 8: He was a bit gutted, but you know, yeah, I had no communication afterwards, so you kind of yeah, I hope you they're gay.
Speaker 3: Oh great, So here's my last question. You don't even send a message on Christmas Day. You don't say, oh, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Why are you gonna send Christmas card? Dumpy, Hey, merry Christmas. Sorry that I broke up with you in a ruin?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope you're own.
Speaker 2: He's a Yule log.
Speaker 4: She sends you missile toe.
Speaker 2: This you might get lucky. I can't kiss you, but hopefully someone else will. Oh god, well, good luck with you. Break ups everyone. We're going to go for the day.
Speaker 4: Have a great, great Christmas.
Speaker 3: You know what they say, leave people better than how you found them. We didn't do that today.
Speaker 2: Hope you're all right.
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 2: We're going to go see you guys.