Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life on Card.
Speaker 2: This is our radio show.
Speaker 1: We package this bad boy up all the best bits of the radio from the week, and we had a really good week.
Speaker 4: Actually we did what happened to the roll call? We norm we do a roll ca.
Speaker 2: Here's Misterie, He's Laura Ben. Something happened to me recently and I'm still recovering from it. I think. Also my darling, little Molly May, who's four years old, is also recovering from the same experience. Oh that's not a good opener to a story. No, no, And look, Matt and I I'm not really sure what the best way to approach this is, but look I might get your opinions on it. So the other night Matt and I were doing the Horizontal Dance of Love. It was very late at night. It was like eleven thirty Yeah, eleven thirty pm. You know, the guy got lucky not to give you guys too many details. But anyway, we're in the middle of it. And how do I describe this at a very appropriate time? You were two minutes deep, You're in the middle. We got there, yeah, yeah, we were halfway through, two minutes gone. And I hear this pat and then literally instantly I looked to my left and there's Mary standing about twenty centimeters from my face, like face to face. I rolled over to make face to face eye contact with my daughter.
Speaker 4: Hang on, what was where were you?
Speaker 2: Missionary?
Speaker 4: Okay, with the blankets off.
Speaker 2: Off, off off, socks on or off, irrelevant, but I need to know zero. So there was nothing, There was nothing between. There's no blankets. There was nowhere to hide, there was nowhere to go. It was full exposure.
Speaker 4: We were you quiet?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think we woke her up?
Speaker 4: What was it like?
Speaker 2: No, we don't need we don't need.
Speaker 4: Vocals on that.
Speaker 2: That'll get us canceled. Anyway. So I and Molly gets into bed with us every night, so we should have known better. But she always hops into bed, has a little cuddle usually, but usually she gets in bed with us around two o'clock in the morning, so we kind of had a bit of time to spare.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I roll over and I look at it, and I go, oh, my god, Hi. Actually no, I swore it was my first reaction because I was absolutely startled. I swore at her by accident, and then I was like, oh my god, my little darling, Ah, I think you should go back to your own bed tonight. And she just looked at us, looked us up and down, and went, okay, mummy, Oh, I'll go back to my bed.
Speaker 3: He knew something was up, and it wasn't just you know what, It's.
Speaker 2: The first time in her entire four years of life that halfway like that she's ever come into bed and then voluntarily left and gone back to her own bed.
Speaker 4: Didn't Matt know what was going on because you just made contact?
Speaker 2: Yes, he stopped as well. He figured out what.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to know.
Speaker 6: If maybe he didn't know because you saw it, then if you said, my little darling, it was a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we stopped like it was like it was a real freeze moment. You mean, was Matt confused if in the heat of the moment.
Speaker 4: Laura called him, that's what I was worried about.
Speaker 2: Some questions there. I'm just worried about all the therapy I'm going to have to pay for for my child. Like four, she might remember. Four is old enough to almost remember. I mean she's almost four, four and two weeks.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, that's the best position to be caught in by your child because it could just be a cuddle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a cuddle. We told her we were wrestling. He was giving me. Just say, we'll cuddling. You don't have to go w w S. No, daddy's just giving mommy a tickle.
Speaker 7: W w E.
Speaker 3: What's w w W is the Wildlife Foundation?
Speaker 2: It could also be the Wildlife very easily? Did you look a little bit like a Dave Attenborough documentary.
Speaker 6: She's going to go to school, the man mounts the woman in the mist.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Look, I don't I got no advice from you. Thanks for that.
Speaker 4: You're on the wrong show. You think we're gonna give me advice.
Speaker 6: We're all having an argument in the studio because listen, Laura and I and I'm not afraid to say it are free range farterers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not in front of each other, but in front of our partners. I wouldn't fart in front of you, Mitch, Well, why is that any different? Okay, hang on, let's just set this up.
Speaker 1: We've been in a heated discussion basically every break that we've had for the last two weeks. I reckon this has come up a few times, this farting conversation. It's not the first time it's happened. You both think it is wildly okay to let one rip in front of your loved ones, and I totally fine, of course, if that ever happens to me, I'm very ill and it's.
Speaker 2: Popped out on its own, or or I'm possibly dying. You're asleep sometimes sometimes when a little wiz pop will fall out in your sleep, it's a free for all.
Speaker 3: But conversely too, I don't want my partner to fud in front of me ill.
Speaker 1: If my partner drops one, I'm like, I wanna think you're sexy, and when you're walking around dropping bombs that could knock someone out, I don't find it attractive. I'm pretty sure Maddie Jay saves them up and walks into whatever room I'm in.
Speaker 2: He does it that often. I'm pretty sure he brings them over like a present.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure you're wedding. He cropped us to down the aisle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like, I'm so glad that all my loved ones are here.
Speaker 4: They farted.
Speaker 6: I would not marry someone and this is this is genuine truth. I'm not embellishing. If I hadn't heard them fart, I would not.
Speaker 4: I'm not jacking. I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Why because what does that mean if I haven't farted?
Speaker 6: Because they have no inhibitions around me and I love He's pure and it's real, and it's not an.
Speaker 3: Act, puran real We need to put it out.
Speaker 1: If you're a fartherer or not farther in front of your partner, please call in because I'm feeling very attacked. It's two versus one here. They've backed me into a corner. They're fining me into the corner. We're in a tiny studio. That's not that's sound effects.
Speaker 4: No, Laura, I could not be like that. Laura would be No, would not. I gat what would my heart be? And I'm going to be offended because I know what you want to do. My fart.
Speaker 2: This is Mitch.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what I.
Speaker 2: Cannot believe that this is where this show has fallen.
Speaker 6: Ste is called it's support and the anti fartist. Perhaps High Stepp to fart or not to fart? That is a question?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not yes day?
Speaker 2: Sorry? How long have you been in a relationship for.
Speaker 7: I'm not currently in a relationship, but my longest relationship has been about four years.
Speaker 2: So you've spent four years of no farting. God, you must have had some stomach cramps.
Speaker 7: I just don't feel the need. And if I did, then I would go to the bathroom. I just that is a line I will never cross.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: So you're lying in bed with your beautiful partner and you feel it. It travels from your tummy down the small intestine into the butt cavity.
Speaker 4: What do you do? You suck it back up? Like that's ridiculous. You get up and what you to walk in pantry step?
Speaker 1: You don't have to go and do it on the food mits. Why are we in the pantry steph?
Speaker 2: What would you do? You're in bed?
Speaker 3: You need to whiz pop.
Speaker 7: If they were asleep, I probably would. If they were awake, I would go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what I'm understanding is that is that you guys have no issue with your partner actually breathing in the smell. You just don't want them to hear the sound. That's what it is. If you'll do it when they're asleep, then you're like whatever, min, I don't really smell.
Speaker 3: I'm mind not like super cute.
Speaker 4: And oh I have been in a room when you fared. I went home, but I was out in.
Speaker 2: The car talking. You heard me. I have actually bridged it in front of me on purpose, and it was not as far.
Speaker 6: Hi, Toby to fart or not to fart? Toabs What do you do in the relationship? What Toby, Toby, do you far or do you not far in front of your partner?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, Toby.
Speaker 1: I knew you were going to say that from as soon as you said hello. I was like, this kind of far you could just tell.
Speaker 4: And let me tell you. Are you in the happiest relationship you've ever been in? Toby? Of course he is, because he farts.
Speaker 2: I can crows in the back. He's the aussiest guy that's ever been on the show.
Speaker 6: I know, absolutely, And with crows final call this will make or break it?
Speaker 4: Kylie to fart or not to fart in front of your partner? What be the question?
Speaker 8: Well, for me, yes, but my mom she has spent thirty years with my dad and never has in front of him at all.
Speaker 1: My parents, my parents have been married for forty six years and neither of them have ever intentionally let one go in front of each other.
Speaker 2: And I applaud that my dad does.
Speaker 8: He is a little good time, and then my mom doesn't.
Speaker 2: And does your mom not think it's gross? She always like ew, yeah, she tells him off.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And he still believes that she can't. He physically can't do it.
Speaker 2: But I think it's an imbalance of power in that relationship.
Speaker 1: In my relationship, Ben respects, I'm sure he wants to let them rip, but he respects that I don't like it, and he will always leave the room and I know he's going to do it because he's like ducks out for no reason.
Speaker 2: I was like, did you just go and let one? He's like, yeah, had to, couldn't. Your poor partner had the worst time.
Speaker 4: Ben wants to do it in front of you. He's just terrified. Sorry, that's true.
Speaker 2: Now, it's called respect. I'm terrified at Britain.
Speaker 4: Not dating it.
Speaker 2: All right, that's enough.
Speaker 6: Wow, this is this debate could go on forever and ever, but like a fart, it was over, just like that. Now our next guest you two.
Speaker 4: Know very intimately from his days.
Speaker 6: Hosting The Bachelor, maybe the Mast Singer, or maybe he's Sydney Comedy Festival show this Friday.
Speaker 4: Osha Gunsberg is here. Hih hi body, nice to.
Speaker 5: See Nice to see you all, and it's nice to see you in happier circumstances today, Laura. The last time we were together it was it was a playdate. I don't know if you guys heard about this. No, last time we were there was a play that we got the kids together. It was super fun. We were down at the park and who did I take for a ride?
Speaker 2: I took you took Matt on the back of your electric bike, scoot it out of there, And it was we were there with our two little girls, and Osh was there with Wolfe boy, and we saw so Matt and Osher off they went on the electric bike off into the distance and they were just going very slow and Wolfe was run along side.
Speaker 5: Cargo bike and still that I take the kids down the beach and it's really fine, okay, riding through a park, Matt and Osher tandem going through Brondie Park.
Speaker 4: He was really cute and did it Trigg you lost a kid, Laura.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So about fifteen minutes later, Osha comes down.
Speaker 5: O my god, my heart's breaking.
Speaker 2: It was horrific. Fifteen minutes later, Osha comes back and there was no Wolfy and we're like, oh, Wolf's with you, and he was like, no, he's with you.
Speaker 4: Oh no.
Speaker 2: And he had been gone, just gone for fifteen minutes. And this was the very first time that I think, Osher, you had ever lost a child. And I was like, don't worry. I lose them all the time.
Speaker 4: I was like, no problem, they'll come.
Speaker 2: They always popped back up. And we found him.
Speaker 5: Just because he saw us going. He saw us going and he ran after us. But I didn't realize he was running after us because he wanted to be a part of it. And then he ran and he couldn't keep Oh.
Speaker 4: I mean, you.
Speaker 5: Can laugh at my heart actually breaking. But any parent who's had this happen to them knows how much that heart hurts. Right now, because everyone listening who's everyone's everyone I've told this to They go, oh, yeah, I've done that. Like good. Then here's the little legend, the bloody legend. He went and found someone. He found a lifeguard. He's been watching a lot of Bond By Rescue. He found the lifeguard.
Speaker 2: Do you think he found the lifeguard?
Speaker 4: Do you think the lifeguard's like this.
Speaker 2: Little child he's wandering around on his own and they found here. No, he didn't.
Speaker 5: He knew, he knew to go and find the lifeguard. And he said, I'm lost. And then I'm riding around like nothing on earth on this bike. I'm in full turbo mode now, burning around the park. And I see the lifeguard bending down, and I see him chatting to Wolfeet and there was a reunification, and by God.
Speaker 2: And you never give him wolf to Laura burn again.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is weird because I Wash has never asked us back to the park for another playdate since that was last the first and only that I.
Speaker 5: Would really love to go back to the park another play date. It was really fun, It was really, really really fun. But yeah, it's it's it's a right of passage, I think because I remember being lost as little kid too. You know, it comes with being more adventurous as a kid that you start going and seeing what's over there, and you're also you know, you're very inquisitive when you're young, and and certainly when it's a big sunny day and there's lots of people everywhere and everyone's knees look the same, because that's the line.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, maybe that's what turned me gay. Maybe I was lost at the day that I was crutch hit. Maybe that's maybe that's my trauma stuff.
Speaker 2: Female genitalia at crutch height as well.
Speaker 4: Oh, I was.
Speaker 5: Just the thing like having There's been people in my life that I have watched grow and Mitch, I'm telling you, like real early on, it's got nothing to do with sexuality. Okay, all right, it's got nothing to do with sexual attraction. I should say it's nothing to do with it's just oh yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: We always get philosophical with I mean, well, speaking of sexual attraction the Bachelor, that's one thing that does happen on that show. The Batch is going to be filmed in Melbourne this year. But I want to know how on earth are the girls going to get around in their you know, skimpy little dresses. How are you going to do the red carpet when everyone's going to be wearing skivvy's and cargo pants.
Speaker 5: The only thing that is important in any kind of television and in any kind of radio is the reveal.
Speaker 2: All Right, it's minus two degrees.
Speaker 5: What better a reveal than Oh, what's sord of that coat?
Speaker 2: Oh? Frozen nipples?
Speaker 5: Look me in the eye and tell me you've never gone on someone's front door, and then it's been an overcoat. Not much else. Come on, it's like the greatest thing in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fine. The allure of its.
Speaker 5: Sort of thing happened. These things happen.
Speaker 2: It is going to be filmed in the middle of winter, though in Melbourne, so it will be particularly cold because I remember when our season was filmed. It was the middle of winter in Glenory and even that was really cold trying to do the cocktail parties. I can't imagine what this season.
Speaker 1: They go back with the three bachelors again or are we doing something different?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 5: This is this is a conversation above my pray grade. I turned up. No, I don't you know me? And you can ask any of the people that you've worked with on this, like, they will tell you no, no. The first time I met him was on camera, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I really know some people that have been asked to be a Bachelor.
Speaker 1: Actually I do have some inside goss, but I'm I think they turned it down. So but I know that the Yeah, the car sing has been out there and the nets have been wide.
Speaker 4: They're still hunting, you think, Britt.
Speaker 2: I think they're still hunting. I like the new format of the Three Bachelors. The only thing though, is that it was very fast. I felt like we didn't get a chance to meet all the girls as much as what you do in past seasons because they have to fit so many people and so many love stories into the same length of time.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like the gold Coast of it all.
Speaker 6: USHER like the fact that it was filmed on the GC and they could like sleep together. There was an open door policy. Is that going to continue in Melbourne or is it going to be like an open coffee like you're going to go get picked.
Speaker 5: I for one, will miss not taking a jet ski to work. That was a good chat about being on the goal and you know, avoiding a neck tattoo as I scooted through certain paradise so much lucky I had my motorbike with me so I could go extra quick past Wheeland Street. Because I don't know if you've ever spent I grew up in queenslanda like I was living and where the match was. What was on the you know surface, paradise. I don't know who put paradise in it, but it ain't I'll tell you that. What was the I'm really looking forward.
Speaker 4: Look Melt.
Speaker 5: What's beautiful about Melt? Melbourne's amazing. It's it's it's people out on the street. It's it's there's lots of things to see. There's lots of things to do. There's there's cozy firesides, there's you know, there's there's thick shag rugs. There's all kinds of lovely, warm, cozy things to be done in Normourn. Come it's romantic.
Speaker 4: I'm down for it.
Speaker 1: While we're on the love train, I mean this huge news in the US has just dropped about the Golden Bachelor, that they're going to run a Bachelor for senior senior citizens.
Speaker 2: They haven't released an.
Speaker 1: Age gap yet because I just tried to google it. Then, but there's no age out. What do you think about this, because I'm I'm all for it. I think this is going to be killer, not hopefully actually killer they're all.
Speaker 2: Going to have.
Speaker 5: Is it made by the same people or is it a dating just a dating show for older people.
Speaker 1: Dating show, but it'll be on ABC apparently in the I was on Network. Yeah, yeah, on a Monday night.
Speaker 5: Well, nobody wants to think about their you know, their grandparents having sex. But it does happen, you know it really, Yeah, and that's fine. Everyone wants intimacy through their life. But yeah, I guess you know what you want changes. It's not just kind of pants a hoy and genitals smashing into each other at one hundred miles an hour like in your twenties. It's more kind of you know, let's you know, kind of kiss and cuddle and I'll suddenly dominate you and scrabble and later on the dominational flip. It depends on how it worked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of a I could safely say that there were no genitals smashing into each other on my season of Batch either. That didn't happen at all. No, really, it was very I mean considering that you spend three months dating someone. In my instance, it was mad, but like there's very little that you do. You can just kiss, that's it and then talk about your feelings a lot.
Speaker 6: Did you genital smash at all during filming, even.
Speaker 2: Just finale night?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's a great exp and.
Speaker 2: It was no longer being filmed. Then we genital smashed too much.
Speaker 5: There was a wow, look it was to it. I don't know does it count for double If the consummation happens overseas.
Speaker 2: You have to come back and do it on Australian soil.
Speaker 5: Otherwise it gets like a marriage, right, it doesn't count.
Speaker 6: I should tell us about the comedy show you're doing this Friday night. If you're in Sydney, you can get tickets Sydney Comedyfest dot com dot you it's empty n N N N and it's your own little news show you're in.
Speaker 2: You need to it's empty n N N N N empty. Got it? You dropped an DS.
Speaker 4: I normally nail that kind of thing. I'm not going to sleep tonight.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Nighttime News Network Nationally News. I've always wanted to host the news show. I've always wanted to host a late night show, and I realized quite rapidly that no television network in Australia is going to give me one. So I just made one and we started doing it. Yeah, it's really great. This is the thing you got to you know, work makes work. So I just created this thing and I'm working with some incredibly funny, talented, talented talent with people who are the news team. And it's the news of the day. So I don't know. I haven't watched the news on the Telly for a decade because it doesn't speak to me anymore. It's a product like anything else. But it's still really important to know what's happening in the world and know what the news is doing. So we don't I don't know, we can make good decisions for ourselves, for our kids, and so we don't get taken advantage of my governments and things like this. It's important, but the news is told in such a way that it's like, oh, and it's important if you laugh at stuff. So it's the news of the day. It'll be the news of Friday. This Friday. So I'll get up in the morning and I'll sit here at my desk and I'll write the whole thing, and then come eight o'clock at the Factory Theater, the news theme will role it to pretend TV show and I will start reading the headlines, and then the news team, who have no idea what the headlines are, will tell you the story. And most of the time it's the story you would have seen anyway, or a very interesting take on it. And it is super super funny. It's bananas, it's off chops, it's nuts. It's if you've never been to a comedy show, this is for you because I've designed it particularly for people who've never gone to a stand up show or never been to a comedy show. I've never even been to the theater. That's fine, just come. It's a pretend TV show. I'm pitching it as a TV show. It's pretty much that. Actually, I'll tell you completely on Friday night. The people who I want to order like twenty five episodes of it are coming, so.
Speaker 4: I really want you to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, do you think this is where people should be getting their news from? Though? In terms of absolutely okay? Right, So it's you're gonna learn something as well as have a laugh.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's the news of the day. And there's a special guest every every time, like we have a special guest weather reporter. A bloke called Mattie Johnson did it once.
Speaker 2: I know him, I'm familiar, very talent.
Speaker 4: He did a great job.
Speaker 5: And so we have like actual TV people, actually broadcast people come and talk to us and they're part of the show. So they're a special guest weather presenter. So we've had Danny Minou, We've had Larry m When Larry Emda did the weather, you're probably too young for this. He used to do a show called Price Is Right, and when he did the weather, I say, Larry, is the temperature tomorrow twenty seven? And he went higher. He's amazing.
Speaker 1: How do you navigate the I guess because it's a comedy show, But how do you navigate the more serious stuff, the more serious side of the news or do you just sort of try and bypass those ones?
Speaker 5: No, not at all. You absolutely go for it. Like I think the gag we did on the day was Peter Dutton's not the voice. Try and understand it, he says, No, you know, it's it's serious stuff, but you've got it. You've got to laugh at laughter. Monky's things that are going on and actual special guest on Friday Night. You may know him. He's the man standing in front of you. Mitch is going to come and join us.
Speaker 4: Hey, I didn't want to tell the girls. Mitch's gonna be.
Speaker 5: He's going to be our weather presenter. Basically, what he'll tell us the story of behind the scenes story we dad, even I, who told us about being on airt the moment Queen Elizabeth died and it was amazing. She was so good. So Mitch is going to come and tell us the story and who all be a part of the show. At the end of the night, we are going to absolutely, you know, throw him to the wolves while he tries to bring a weather report on stage.
Speaker 6: I haven't told you wash my story, but all I'll say for those people thinking about getting tickets it involves two things. One of those is do Alipa and the other is North Korea. I'm going to leave that with you and what you were Maybe Osha and I need to have a planning chat off off the air, but.
Speaker 2: We know this story and it's terrific. I was last night, I was listening to the mid Sury Show, The Night Show, and now you are you were a guest on the night show last night, and I didn't realize that you and I had a bit of beef. I heard something. This is what it is?
Speaker 3: Can you get You've got your happy ending, Laura, let me have the beef.
Speaker 6: Hold on, this was on the air last night, as long as it involved another bachelor getting married and not inviting me to their wedding.
Speaker 5: Oh it feels very point, did Laura, There's no there's no beef here. I don't know if you realize, but I'm vegan like every other vegan, I haven't had any beef. But I've also you know, my Saturday nights have had not a lot going on in them significantly, just scrolling I think six times now, I've been scrolling through my phone and go, oh, I know that person and that person they got married on most one, Sam, have.
Speaker 2: You not been invited to a single.
Speaker 5: Bache Laurie, Laura, Maddie Lockey, No, have you not been?
Speaker 6: I have?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 5: This is I did get invited to one. It was Alisha and Glenn. But I had done a bachelor podcast with Alisha for three years in a row, so we worked quite closely. Friendship.
Speaker 2: Do you know why I still remember you're trying to convince Matt to pick Florence.
Speaker 5: That's why joking, I've never done such.
Speaker 2: No, I'm joking. I'm joking, you know.
Speaker 5: No, I just wouldn't. Like a lot of people think that sort of stuff goes on, but no, it never does because even like way this goes way back to idle, Like you can never even tell a kid, what do you think I should see next week? You could never say anything because if you say you should see you know close to you by the carpenters, and they get voted out, they go either voted out because he told me, and then you know, it's like terms and condition stuff. You can't just surely you.
Speaker 1: Knew or you had an inklean on mine, that the honey badger was about to pick no one like that was a pretty big energy.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he was putting out because I remember going.
Speaker 1: And looking at you were eye to eye, we were looking had a moment, and I feel like your face said it all.
Speaker 2: Surely you had an inklean.
Speaker 5: I what I do to make sure in those moments, like I work. I've played poker for a long time, and I work really hard in those moments and Laura, you may test this because I did it to you as well. I hold in my head that you're the one going home every time.
Speaker 2: Oh betray that. But I walked away from Usher at Alfinale thinking I was going home?
Speaker 4: Why do you do that?
Speaker 2: And then I drank a bottle of wine.
Speaker 1: Well it's probably better to have the disappointment, I assume, than and like that.
Speaker 5: Why because I don't. Because the thing about reality television is the currency we trade, and as authentic emotional responses, then they can only happen once. And if I let the cat out of the bag before the you're it, you're not it, whatever it is, you win the record contract, you win the house, or whatever it is, then the show's over. There has to be. It's all about that final moment. And so it's massive part that I that I play there is to like really horribly lie to someone's face. I don't lie. I'm a terrible life accept in those moments.
Speaker 2: You are actually brilliant at what you do.
Speaker 6: Yes, And you should be paying for these girls therapy because they go once a week.
Speaker 4: And I think the moral of that story is you owe them a lot of money.
Speaker 5: Well, if you want, like if the only thing you know me for is shouting take it off, very very loudly, or whispering while counting flowers. You're going to be in for a hell of a shock on Friday night because I swear a like a lot. And yeah, if you've ever listened to my podcast, there's kind of more along the lines of that. It's pretty fun. It's very seditious. It's so dangerous. I mean, you work on you know, live broadcasts, so you've all done a thing. People don't realize that. We all do a thing called codes training, which is like, here's how to not to fame someone, and so we have to be really careful about that stuff. And there's really there's a lot of responsibility that comes to broadcasting. You can't just say whatever, because it can be quite irresponsible. Now, when I told my lawyer, hey, this is what I'm gonna do with it, you show, he said, you're fucking what And I was like, he goes, well, if you're going to do that, you better read it as claimer. So I have I have to read. It's so dangerous because we have politicians in power I won't say their names, who will ruin your lives over a twelve word tweet and that's happened. So I need to be really really careful and protect my cast. And so we I read a disclaimer before the show, like we would like to advise the following, I go, well, Robbie McGregor, the following contains sexual.
Speaker 4: Well you have to see the realher them, the real Osha guns Burger Wife.
Speaker 6: Sydney Comedy Fest dot com dot you go, get tickets.
Speaker 4: It was great to have you on bud. Thank you for back coming back on the pickup.
Speaker 2: We love you much.
Speaker 5: There's cheap tickets in my link, by my bio in my link and my thing if.
Speaker 2: Friday, see you at the Parkha.
Speaker 1: Let's do this ask, Ask and cutting, something we do on Life on Cut podcast and something we've been accustomed to doing every Thursday here at the Pickup, and we have a brilliant one today. We have a real pickle from a listener, Rachel.
Speaker 2: Let's cold in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're ready to give some advice unsolicited. Well, notice she's listeners it's inexperienced. Yeah, that's a problem. It might not be good advice.
Speaker 5: Rachel.
Speaker 4: Hi, what do you need?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 8: Guys, how are you going? Hi?
Speaker 2: A problem? O?
Speaker 8: Rachel Okay, So I'm getting married in six weeks time, and I've been with my partner for ten years, and I am starting to think that I've made a mistake and I don't think I love him anymore.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, wait, keep going, keep Is there more to this or is that?
Speaker 8: No? Literally, it's just like we've been together for a decade, you know, we have the house, we have a dog, we have you know, I thought, I genuinely thought that this was going to be my forever guy, and I'm just currently I think I don't know whether it's cold feet, but yeah, I really just like I don't know if I should go through with it, and I would love some advice.
Speaker 2: Though maybe it's a different name, maybe she's using a okay, fair, yeah, okay, no comment. How long have you been feeling like this for? Like, how for how long have you been kind of thinking that maybe there's just like that you don't not in love with him?
Speaker 8: I would say, like the last month, it's it's come on very very fast, and yeah, just now the countdown is on to the wedding, and I'm so yeah, I just I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's kind of peculiar that you've only started to feel like this in the last month. I think if you've had a decade of strong feelings and like being in love and wanting to get married, there's part of me that thinks, like, are you sure that this isn't just cold feet, that it isn't the finality of getting married that's making you think, Oh God, is this too much? You know, is this too much commitment? Are we making the right decisions? I don't know. It's pretty odd to have such a severe flip after in a month, Rachel, I've got here.
Speaker 1: Our producer Flip has passed us some notes that she spoke to you before you've phoned through. You said that you just feel bored like an old married couple and you don't have much sex anymore, only once a month, do you think, But do you think that that is something I think that that's probably something pretty common in a long term relationship. But you do have sex less. I don't think it means that you're not soulmates or penguins or like, you know, relationships over time definitely do plata a little bit as you get more comfortable with each other and you know, think of how much you've done and spoken about and discussed over the last decade, how much sex you've had I hope over the last decade.
Speaker 2: I think that part's pretty normal.
Speaker 1: So I feel like there must be something a bit more deep seated in you because the things like only having sex once a month is something that you definitely can work on as a couple.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I definitely agree. I was talking to my friend about this because she recently got married and she didn't have any doubts whatsoever, which is I think why I'm now just maybe overthinking it. But yeah, you know, she just was so excited for her wedding and I just don't have that feeling, And I'm like, I feel like I should have that feeling.
Speaker 6: Well not everyone's comfortable admitting they have that feeling, so you never know if that's the truth that she's actually telling you. But Rachel, when you look at him, are the issues and the lack of love to do with personal things that he's doing, Like is he not chilling with his mouth closed? Or is it just because your stuff? Yeah, the big hard hitter is in a relationship. Or is it because you're so close to the actual wedding and you think it's maybe nerves there, like, well, where's where's that feeling coming from?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I just look at him and I don't feel the same as I once did. And it's just happened so fast, and I've personally been trying to work on, you know, me getting that connection back, because obviously I haven't told him anything. But yeah, like, no matter what I do personally, I just I can't seem to I hate the word, but like, get that spark.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if you're ever going to get the same level of spark as what you maybe had at the beginning of a relationship, because we all know relationships have different ebbs and flows, and you know, you go through like immense desire at the start of a relationship, and then the longer you've been together, the harder it is to maintain that desire. I think that there is an element of normal being anxious heading towards your wedding. But should you be terrified or should you feel like it's a bad decision? I think that they are some pretty massive red flags. I wouldn't be recommending anyone to go ahead getting married if if overwhelmingly you feel like it's a bad idea or you're having doubts. Yeah, agree, I think if.
Speaker 1: You know, people do sometimes get swept up in a relationship and all of a sudden you're engaged, and all of a sudden you plan the wedding. All it is, well, this is what I mean. But then all of a sudden you're like, well, hang on, this isn't actually what I want. And that is okay, but you're gonna have to talk to your fiance. I think that you've only got six weeks left until the wedding, you actually don't know how you feel, and if you want to go through it, talk it out with him.
Speaker 2: I think you're gonna have to.
Speaker 1: You don't really have a choice other than bringing up and maybe you do that gently and softly that maybe you say, I don't know if it's cold feet, I don't know, if something's changed.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: But you I don't think you can marry someone that you don't think you love or want to be with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you're going to do it, do it like at the altar, make it really dramatic.
Speaker 7: I do it.
Speaker 4: I can't do this and run out the value.
Speaker 2: You don't actually have conflict you just leave. No, I'm joking.
Speaker 6: Have the terrible good luck Rachel with wherever your land and.
Speaker 2: Tell us I think we need to follow up on this one.
Speaker 8: I'll keep you updated.
Speaker 4: Okay, so much?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: If you need some advice like that of a pickup on Instagram, send us a DM and we'll have you on the show.
Speaker 2: What would you guys do?
Speaker 4: Oh, she's doing she needs to leave him. Yeah, it's true, she needs to leave him. She's got that feeling she needs to go. Sorry you gut? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. Yeah, I don't know if I'm getting married. No, nothing, Why to come now, Britt, you told an embarrassing story earlier today on the show. It does not sound like me, It.
Speaker 4: Doesn't at all.
Speaker 2: But now I don't want to be I don't want to be a story topic. But I've also had something very very embarrassing happened to me this week. But it has to do with Marley may So. We were at the shopping center and like, Marley's very good. Now she's very toilet trained. I've got a three and a half year old, I've got a two year old. Both of them are exceptional at toilet training. Okay, good and so you know, it doesn't matter where you are. It's like mummy, you can go to the potty. So, you know, especially when you're in a shopping center, off you go trying to find the closest because as much as they're good at it, you don't have a lot of time, right, So anyway, going through the shopping center, find the closest public toilets. The only one I knew was at the other end of the shopping center. So we we you know, high tailt and we get there and there's a bit of a line. We have to wait. Anyway, it's our turn. We go into the cubicle. Now it is a long cubicle, and I have both the kids in the cubicle with me. I've got Lola Marley, and we kin'd of all take turns. Marley goes first to the toilet, so then you win, you know, you white one. Then the next one.
Speaker 4: Needs to go and one singular cubicle.
Speaker 2: But it's a really long cubicle, so there's plenty of space.
Speaker 6: The corner suite, you know how, the really good corner cubicle you can do.
Speaker 2: In first class. Yes, it really was. It's the big one. The door is quite far away from the toilet as well, which is guys.
Speaker 3: You know those big ones are usually the disabled toilet, right, you know, it's not.
Speaker 2: The first class. This one isn't disabled. It's not because it doesn't have any rails on it. It's just really long because of the way of the orientation of this bathroom. It's at the far end, right, but the toilet is long, but the door faces the line.
Speaker 4: So it's business class in the toilet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the premium seat. It's the public toilets. So anyway, Morley goes first, Mum, wipe my balm. Then it's Lola, mom wipe my mom do it or I do the whole job. And then I needed to go to the toilet.
Speaker 4: So's your barn.
Speaker 2: I'm still waiting. Oh well, so anyway the kids have finished, I go to the toilet. I'm halfway through going to the toilet.
Speaker 4: You eating a pool must be it must be number two.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, details are not important. But anyway, Marley decides that she's had enough of waiting and she just walks over to the door and opens it. My pants are down around my waist mid the turd. I couldn't get up couldn't reach the door, couldn't stop. I was like, Molly stopped, Molly, Marley stopped, Marley, don't open that door. And she slings it, flings it right open, and there's a line of people standing right in front of me. Two kids just high taylor out to the basin to go wash their hands, and this poor lady makes eye contacted with me, walks over, and then goes, oh, I'll help you. But you could tell in her mind she.
Speaker 5: Was finally.
Speaker 2: Like, God please. You could tell by the fear in her eyes that she didn't know whether to like help me by looking after the children or to help me by like closing the door and helping me with my dignity. Anyway, she grabs the door and she holds the door shut, and I can just hear the kids out in the bathroom and she's like, don't worry, I've got my eye on them. While she's holding the doors. Anyway, I made eye contact with a complete exchanger while doing a.
Speaker 1: Poop, and then you had to finish the poop while she was holding the door.
Speaker 2: I rushed, I rushed, I finished it. Anyway. Children suck sometimes, well really.
Speaker 6: They do dirty that good Samaron, if you're listening, we'll give you ten thousand dollars going through that process.
Speaker 4: Can we can we give her that money?
Speaker 2: Like stop giving away money. We have no money and we're not giving any money away. But I do give you my my greatest thanks, and to everybody else he was in that line, there was about five people, and everyone pretended that they didn't see, but you all saw. And I'm surprised it hasn't come out in Daily Mountains