Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people's today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gaddigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut.
Speaker 3: I'm Laura, I'm Brittany.
Speaker 4: And I've mentioned ever invited to the podcast? Opener? Will just be one week only? Is this every week?
Speaker 1: Expiles music every single time like you've just crept in insidiously, mite, Why don't we actually, before we get into the episode today, why don't you everyone want you to spend eight hundred dollars on Oh one of these?
Speaker 5: Ready?
Speaker 4: I bought a theremon That sound of the background.
Speaker 3: Literally, nobody listening to this knows what a theramy is. I didn't even know what I'm a person. I still don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: It's one of those.
Speaker 2: I'm going to pose the video of Mitch playing this thing that cost eight hundred dollars to our Instagram so that you can all be as confused as we were.
Speaker 6: Can I say it was one thousand dollars but I bought it from a marketplace to save money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing. What a great value that was, What a great value purchase? What if I may ask, yes, of course you can.
Speaker 1: For what purpose did we spend eight hundred dollars on this theory?
Speaker 4: God entertainment. We've got a friends getting married later in the year and they haven't booked in performance.
Speaker 3: So I'm oh, are you going to perform at a wedding?
Speaker 2: Speaking of marriages, I just today invited Mitch to my wedding, which is happening later in there approach. It's getting closer and closer, and it's becoming beautiful, actually is.
Speaker 4: And I brought it up because I was confused.
Speaker 6: I thought you and Matt were already married for some reason, and then you just threw out the tickets to awkward.
Speaker 2: You awkwardly put me on the spot, and so I gave you some free tickets to my wedding.
Speaker 4: Is a ticket at event?
Speaker 2: Guys, everybody listening to this is so confused right now. This is actually just the intro to the radio show. This isn't even the radio show. Hi, everyone, this is every day. Every Saturday morning, we do a radio show together, the three of us, and then at one o'clock we package it all up pop it here for you all who didn't listen to it live to listen to it.
Speaker 1: Well, we usually don't let michin on the intro, and I think we've just figured out why.
Speaker 6: But also I just sit here normally and turned my microphone off and eat my light and easy.
Speaker 4: So I'm glad I'm allowed to speak now.
Speaker 3: I mean there wasn't always a light easy. You speak a bad but.
Speaker 4: I'm a change man.
Speaker 1: But we have a great show coming up today, guys, we are speaking to Mel Bracewell. She is a comedian, a Key Week comedian, and she's performing at the Comedy Festival. She's absolutely amazing. You might have seen her and have you been paying attention, but she phoned in.
Speaker 2: Do you know who else we're speaking to and it's someone who I think a few of our listeners are going to get a bit excited about if you have been in our Facebook group jumping on the mass threads that have been going on every week. Today we're speaking with Dion and unpacking just some of his feelings around the whole cheating scandal.
Speaker 1: Where things are at now, it's a good I also I did something really bad that could have got us all fired.
Speaker 2: She had her own accidentally unfiltered, really big, accidentally unfiltered.
Speaker 1: It's been a while since I've had a solid accidentally unfiltered. But this, this accidentally unfiltered, is very similar to the original accidentally unfiltered that kicked off the segment two years ago.
Speaker 2: It is, and that is all coming up on today's show. So let's get stuck in the life Uncut Radio Showy and Laura Burn.
Speaker 6: Glorie, you're the only one who's been in this situation. In a labor is it a labor room? What do you call it when you having a baby?
Speaker 4: What do they call it?
Speaker 3: A labor room? A labor ward?
Speaker 4: Labor? It depends.
Speaker 3: You might be at home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we're in a bath. I've seen the bath videos these days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at home.
Speaker 1: It's a big You can give birth anywhere these days.
Speaker 4: You got you got a baby? Is that baby?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: I wanted to talk about this because this has divided the Internet. There is a woman who's put up a video of her husband on TikTok Now she is in labor now, and it's not She's not in like the deep serious contractions of labor where you're yeah, where you're kind of like hunched over a bed screaming.
Speaker 3: Wait, she's tiktoking in labor.
Speaker 2: She's tiktoking and labor. She's in the early stages of labor. But she's in hospital and her husband is sitting at the TV. He's brought in a whole gaming console. Not only has he brought in a gaming console, it's like a one person shooter gaming console. So he's got like a black hood thing over his head, and he's got the whole remote control games and everything. And she's just sitting in bed whilst in labor video in him. And honestly, the Internet is completely divided fifty percent of saying, yeah, well, what do you expect the man to do when he's going to sit there for twenty one hours and the rest of them you sit there for twenty yes, And I want to how do we all feel?
Speaker 3: Oh, I would be divorcing him straight.
Speaker 1: I don't like a video game at home at the best of times, Like I don't love a gamer for me because I'd be like, let's go do something together. But if I am in extraordinary pain and my vagina is being ripped open because I'm giving birth, I want my partner to be there with me every step of the way through.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I feel like?
Speaker 2: It's one It's one time in life twenty one hours where you're not allowed to say that you're bored ya, but you're not allowed to sit there and be like, oh, look this is it's been taken a little bit too much time.
Speaker 3: Can you hurry this along?
Speaker 1: No, there's a lot of things you don't do when your partner's in labor, Like there are a lot of things.
Speaker 3: There's one thing you do do, and that is be there.
Speaker 2: Do you know what else you don't do? So Matt almost very very closely. I was in the last stages of labor and the doctor was on his way in to tell me that I need to start pushing right. So they've just done the measurements and everything, and he kind of gone out to check a few things. He walks back in and as he's walking in, Matt's walking down the hallway and he's so the doctor's in the room, Matt's not there, and the doctor was like, the obstrition was like, where's Matthew. Matthew and my husband partner, not my husband yet. And I was like, oh, he just has just gone. And he was like, what do you mean, He's just gone? And I was like, he's just gone to go get a chicken sandwich. Matt knew, he knew I was in the very last stages of labor, but he couldn't wait. Yeah, he said, I'll just be I'll be five minutes. I'll just run down to the cafeteria. And the doctor ended up running down the hallway to go get him, and he was like, you do not need.
Speaker 3: A chicken sandwich and.
Speaker 2: A hospital chicken sandwich as And guess what Mad did the second my daughter was born, went downstairs and got a chicken sandwich.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what I'm sending anyone his birthday, bloody chicken.
Speaker 4: We want to know that's gold. What did your partner do in the delivery room?
Speaker 6: Is it worse than the chicken sandwich store? I think I don't think we can top that. Let's see what Lauren has to say. Hi, Lauren, what did your partner do in the delivery room?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: Needed to go and a nervous true I was betting wheel.
Speaker 8: Down for.
Speaker 4: He had a nervous pool, did he.
Speaker 7: Yes, yep. They said all right, we've got to get this baby out, and he just I just saw the color of him change and he was like, I need a poos And I was.
Speaker 2: Like, right, did he leave the room and go to the bathroom when you were like just about to start pushing to go and do his.
Speaker 7: Own I was been wheeled down for an emergency savarian and he decided then that he needed a poove. So when his pipe was trying to hurry him along, and he finally got down to the surgery and ripped through about four pairs of those little paper booties because he was kind of rush and he was so nervous while I'm getting cut apart.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, well that we can't win them all.
Speaker 3: And he made it about himself, didn't he?
Speaker 6: Phoebe on thirteen one of sixty five, Hello, what did your partner do in the delivery room?
Speaker 9: Well, he thought it was a good idea to put Kaoe on and watch the cricket.
Speaker 2: Oh, do you know what, if you're going to be the one pushing out the baby, you get first DIBs on the TV.
Speaker 9: Look and here's the fense. I was in way for about twenty hours and he knew one.
Speaker 8: I think, so as he got a bit serious, he had to put it down.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is going to make you this situation better or worse. But I can't tell you how many people wrote in saying that their partner put the cricket on while they're in labor.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, you're not alone. I feel like you need to redo mankind.
Speaker 6: Also, cricket's a long sport. It's not like an episode of SVU or in Order.
Speaker 4: You didn't get out.
Speaker 3: But that's the perfect thing to watch when you're a label show.
Speaker 4: There's a point to it. Maybe it is perfect you in twenty two.
Speaker 2: Your Saturday Morning read Hockley and Laura Beniss.
Speaker 6: Right now, though you'll know our next guest from the Cheap Seats on Channel ten. Have you been paying attention? She's about to be part of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival that's happening later in the month with Melanie Bracewell is here.
Speaker 8: Hello Melanie, Hello guys.
Speaker 2: Now you have spoken before about how you deal with being uncomfortable on a first date or dating and the trials and tribulations of dating.
Speaker 3: Can you share some of your hot tips with us?
Speaker 8: Well, the thing is is that I did have a lot of dating material. There are a lot of weird guys online, so there was a lot a lot of the material my mind from dating. But now I'm in a loving, long term relationship, so it's really killed a lot of material that I had. Actually hear dumpingham just the more stuff to work with.
Speaker 3: You know, what was it?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 1: I want to know how or what you did before you became a stand up comedian, Well, like, what was the transition? Have you always just been super funny and knew that was what you're to do, or did you have like a life before comedy?
Speaker 8: No, straight out the womb, I was cracking gag about Lata Room. No, I just I kind of I don't even think I knew I would have a career in comedy when I started my career in comedy, if that makes sense, I just started it as a hobby and it was kind of like, I'll just keep doing this until I hate it. And I didn't hate it, so I kind of started online and had a blog on Tumblr. Was my basic sort of foray into writing comedy and then I took some of the stuff I wrote for Tumblr and set it on stage, and that's kind of where it all began.
Speaker 1: I tell us a little bit about what your touring show is about.
Speaker 8: I called my show ula Lah because I kind of thought this year I was going to be, you know, gallivanting through Europe and beautiful sequent gowns and things, and I was like, this is going to be the heir of my life. And then I was just kind of at home writing jokes about my weighted blanket, and I thought this might be a different show than what I imagine. And so I've basically kind of made my show about memories and kind of pre lockdown because I think everyone is just sick to death hearing about COVID and hearing about all that kind of thing. So my show is basically a lot pre COVID of my life, essentially what it was like growing up.
Speaker 2: I like that we have nothing to look forward to, so we've got to look to the past.
Speaker 3: That's what we're doing about exactly.
Speaker 8: That is the slogan for the show.
Speaker 1: Look, I've just got one question I want to ask before we let you go. There's a rumor are you appearing on the jungle because you're contracted to Channel ten.
Speaker 8: That's interesting. Do you know what? Because Cal Wilson the Slave Season and they said this key week comedian will be a real fush out of water, and I got so many people going, You're going to the jungle. Oh wow, it's not me. I like my bids. I like the luxuries of life. I like my shower. I reckon I'd probably be terrible at it. I'm very competitive though, so i'd probably I would try very hard, but I don't know if i'd be successful.
Speaker 3: So no, no rice beans and lizard guts for you, then.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that's I think that's what gets me the gross eating.
Speaker 4: No, thank you, Melanie. Where can people get tickets to your show at the Comedy.
Speaker 8: Fest comedyfiestfool dot com dot au if you just search Melanie. I think I'm the only Melanie in the festival that could be a lie. I could have pave that up, but.
Speaker 4: I'll claim it perfect.
Speaker 6: Go book tickets, Go see Melanie. Great to catch you and we'll talk to you soon. Okay, thanks for coming on the show.
Speaker 3: Mouth.
Speaker 4: This is the life on count radio show.
Speaker 6: Now at a lot of negativity in the world, at the moment, ladies, what's going on. We've got everything with the Ukraine and Russia, but you've got some good news, something to bright now day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's just so much, so much depression coming out of the world right now. But there is something that went viral the last couple of days, and it warmed my heart. I cried, I felt happy for her, and I just thought the world needs to share it a little bit more. There's a seven year old Ukrainian girl. Her name is Amelia in Nashevich. I probably didn't say that right, good good Anishevich Amelia Nishovich. She's seven years old. She was filmed in a bomb shelter with her family and some just like I don't know how many people they went there weren't a lot, but obviously they were taking shelter. She was filmed singing let it Go, Frozens, let it Go, and she was just singing to the other people in the bomb shelter to try and lift the mood.
Speaker 3: She's a beautiful singer.
Speaker 1: Someone's filmed it in there, uploaded it to the internet and this little girl has gone absolutely viral. Was seen by thousands and thousands of people. I don't know if you guys saw Poland held a really big concert to raise money that had a lot of Polish and you Trainian artists. So they had this big concert to raise money for the Ukraine. Right, they got her on in front of like over ten thousand people.
Speaker 3: Now, this little girl, she's never I mean she's she's a normal seven year old little girl.
Speaker 1: And so she got up and sang the national anthem and it was the most incredible moving thing. If you haven't seen it, you need to see it.
Speaker 4: Here's the original.
Speaker 6: Audio, right, this is the video that really brought her to the world's attention.
Speaker 3: Look the wood.
Speaker 4: Saw Lord, I proceed.
Speaker 3: The wood Nor reading and gosh.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful.
Speaker 6: The sact thing is right that your daughters would sing this song, but and so would she, but her circumstances are so different.
Speaker 3: That's like, oh gosh.
Speaker 1: Well, the most beautiful part about this is she's obviously a very big frozen fane. American actress aDNA Menzel, she was the voice of the character Elsa in the movie. She tweeted to this seven year old girl and she said, we really really see you and I'm about to cry. Oh do you know I think the reason why this is just it's everybody has latched onto this and especially like people have kids themselves like this song and let It Go is just like it's this movie and this song that children are obsessed with, and it has like crossed continents, cross the unifross the country, languages and that it's just this one little girl and you see your own child in that, and it's like, not that you need to be able to look at another child who's struggling and be like, oh, compared to my children, but just you think, God, what if that was my little girl?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: Off the back of that concert overnight they raised about six hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Which is absolutely amazed. I've just a bit of good news. Guys, that's all. Oh gosh, you we're all running your cars.
Speaker 4: Probably cry, Laura.
Speaker 6: I think you should be worried because all Brittany said about this is that we might lose our jobs.
Speaker 3: Oh God, what have you done?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: I may or may not have made a pretty big mistake with our boss, our very wait, which boss, like the boss, the boss, like the big dog boss. Yeah, I'm not going to name names, but the big boss. Look, let's I'm waiting for HR to call me.
Speaker 3: They haven't yet. Maybe maybe I've blocked number.
Speaker 1: Look, this isn't the first time I've done this, and this is why it's it's unfortunate for me.
Speaker 3: You think I would have let my lesson.
Speaker 2: But if it didn't work out the first time, why did you do it a second?
Speaker 3: It was an accident.
Speaker 1: What I was doing was I was texting the Big Boss the other day. He was texting me. I was being very professional texting back.
Speaker 6: Id you love to text the Big Boss. By the way, I would never text the Big Boss, but Britt is texting them all the texting.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not on texting. What's going on?
Speaker 1: How I'm pretty personable, so we're on texting terms. Anyway, we were texting about some pretty serious stuff. We had some meetings lined up, We had some things we're talking about. Loria, you know about that, but you just went on the text.
Speaker 3: But we were talking.
Speaker 1: About some very professional things and like, this is the guy that's putting food on my Wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah now as well. No, I was like, surely this is not lost on you.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I had dinner together.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, okay, So we went away for a weekend, I had my headphones in because I was working on around the house. I had my phone in my pocket and I was listening to the text. You know how SIH can read them out and if you want, you can reply to the text by voice and they send them. Phones are way too smart these days. Well, so I thought, so he's just texted me something really serius about this meeting, looking forward to the meeting. So I left it because I was like, the conversations and you know, no when to play it cool?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The next day I went to send something else to him about the meeting, and I saw that I had accidentally obviously it had hit in my back pocket. My booty had hit voice memo, and I had been singing to Delilah, because that's what she's my dog's Delilah. I'd been singing to her.
Speaker 3: Baby babe, babe.
Speaker 4: Oh, justin bieber.
Speaker 3: Wait, so you sent him a voice memo? Had because I was like, what has happened? It converted it to text.
Speaker 1: So he got a message, not a voice message. He got a message that said baby, baby baby.
Speaker 3: Oh. It was written that so much because there's no context. Context.
Speaker 1: So he said he thought that he had said looking forward to seeing you, and I said.
Speaker 3: Baby, baby, baby. Oh it was radio silence. He never wrote back no, because he's probably on the phone to HR. Did you have you spoken to him since?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 1: Well, I tried to message him and explain I've heard nothing, So I we're all fine.
Speaker 4: Or you've just gotten it all a big rays one of the two.
Speaker 3: I'd love to know how that meeting goes.
Speaker 4: We want to know did you accidentally text? And what did you say? We want to see if you can beat that. Give us a call.
Speaker 6: Ria's on thirteen one O six five, Mariah, What did you accidentally text?
Speaker 4: And what did you say? Tell us?
Speaker 9: So I accidentally text an ex boyfriend screenshots of previous conversations we'd had from four years prior?
Speaker 3: Why did you screenshots from years? Who are you sending them to?
Speaker 8: God?
Speaker 9: I was supposed to go to a girlfriend she was having a really hard time in her relationship. I was like, no, this is the way a guy is supposed to talk to because he had been so wonderful to me. He was such a fantastic guy and a perfect gentleman.
Speaker 3: So I went back to screen. He was a perfect Can you want to go back four years? To find that to him? Oh god, that's what did he say?
Speaker 4: What did he say to you?
Speaker 8: Oh god?
Speaker 9: He was again just being being the great guy that he was. He was completely understanding. I just said to him, look, this is obviously very embarrassing and a complete accident.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it sounds annoying that he's so nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Lovely good.
Speaker 6: All right, let's go to Helena. Hello, Helena, I'm thirteen one or six five? What did you accidentally text? What did you say?
Speaker 10: I accidentally texted my boss, my old boss, a message with the eggplant emoji saying eggplant emoji appointment still on for tomorrow? Question mark.
Speaker 3: If you're still meeting at the hotel?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And what did you write? That's that's the best part of the story.
Speaker 10: Well, and the funniest part was I was actually at work when I spent it. We were in the staff room, and she just.
Speaker 8: Looked off off her phone and said, what that meant to me?
Speaker 3: Already to go during a meeting.
Speaker 10: During a lunch break on the weekend?
Speaker 3: Were you also just like rubbing her leg under the table?
Speaker 6: But you could be a chef, Helena, that might make sense. Eggplants still on for tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Do you want that massaka that we've been talking about a lot.
Speaker 1: From where your Mom's gone?
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 10: It became the joke of the year, and anytime there was any event on she would say, Hey, are we still on for tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Get fired?
Speaker 4: Funny? Thank you Helen.
Speaker 2: And Laura Ben getting I saw see for your Saturday Morning.
Speaker 4: I got a life on cut radio show.
Speaker 6: Ladies, if you're going to be involved in a cheating scandal, I say, you want to be the nice guy.
Speaker 3: You want to be the d On, don't you?
Speaker 4: You do? D On from Maths joins us. Now, Hello, buddy, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Gooday, guys, Why did you apply for the show?
Speaker 5: Look? I mean I travel a lot for work. Previously I was living overseas and then I moved back to Australia, and you know, my work was taking up a lot of my time. And you know, as we get older, it gets a little harder to meet people. And you know, today it's all on these apps Tinder, Bumble, hinge, and it's not really my thing. I had tried them previously in the past and they hadn't really worked for me. And you know, I'd been set up with people who tried to set me up with friends and whatnot. But again that wasn't sort of clicking. So you know, I thought, why not go and see what the experts can find for me.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, they didn't do a very good job on setting you and Carolina up. I mean, you've been on the right side of a cheating scandal in that you haven't been embroiled in it. But how is this all unfolded when you're in this experiment and you find out that Carolina, your wife, has been having an affair. Did you feel like you had been cheated on, like in real world cheated on?
Speaker 5: Look? I mean I felt that the way was handled because throughout the whole experiment, it wasn't like Carolina had said to me. You know what, I've actually got feelings for another person who has left the experiment, and I would prefer to just cut ties now and keep and keep pursuing. But Carolina kept each week saying I don't try. I'm not putting enough effort in. So it was almost like she was baiting me to keep trying, which I was. Yeah, there was no it's over. I prefer to go with someone else. I would have preferred if she had just said to me, you know what, I've met Daniel at the first dinner party. I've got a real connection with him after five minutes of talking and.
Speaker 3: Oh the little slide did there. I'm here for it.
Speaker 5: Rather than just lead me on. Now, I know she said that we didn't have a connection, but she kept saying, you know, you don't try, you don't do this, you don't do that. And that was me trying to make those efforts to try and make it work in the hope that, you know what, it could potentially work if I do show that.
Speaker 1: I mean, that response from somebody in any type of relationship makes you think that, oh, they still want it, this is what they.
Speaker 3: Need from me to continue.
Speaker 1: So it feels like they are like lurding, you know, a false sense of security.
Speaker 5: And we go on these shows to do the things that were not normally used to or you know, try and be compatible with people that we're not usstantly normal too, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look, Dion, obviously tensions were pretty high at the reunion party. Was it better or worse than what we saw?
Speaker 5: It was pretty awkward, to be quite honest with you. It wasn't far off what you saw.
Speaker 2: We've been seeing quite a lot because obviously Carolina and and You'll are still together. And I think anyone who does a quick search of the Daily mail has seen that there's been quite a few pap shots that have been circulating around, maybe staged, you know, who knows. But how do you feel seeing that they're still in this, you know, seemingly happy relationship.
Speaker 11: Yeah, bond I wasn't allowed to go with it, so yeah, Look, I mean, guys, at the end of the day, I'm not one the hole grudges or be vindictive in any way.
Speaker 5: If they're still together, and they actually do have a connection and they end up together, all the very best of both of them. I don't really have much more to say other than.
Speaker 1: That, would you go back next year like we saw Lizzie do a few years ago?
Speaker 3: Are you just like this is cooked? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think my days are finding love on TV are over.
Speaker 3: Look, I went back a second time.
Speaker 5: At the end of the day. Who knows. Look, it's definitely out there, it's just when it will come down.
Speaker 2: I have a bit of a sneaky, saucy question for you. I've been seeing some rumors that maybe there's been a bit of recoupling after the show. What do you think of Tamara and Mitch?
Speaker 9: What do I think?
Speaker 5: I mean, they're nice people. I see them a little bit up on the Gold Coast. They work in the same building. I know that for a fact that she used to work in that building as well contry, so it's very hard not to be caught the scene together. Okay, when you work in the same office building, that sounds.
Speaker 3: Like it's still very suspicious.
Speaker 1: Din Before we let you go, do you have any regret?
Speaker 5: Guys, I have not one regret whatsoever. I had an amazing experience, even though I played out the way it did. I've made some lifelong friends, you know, cast members, but even crewmen, from the cameraman to the sound man. You know, I made friends with everybody, and I'm just very grateful to have been given such an amazing opportunity to be a part of something so special.
Speaker 3: It's funny you say that.
Speaker 1: Laura and I are still very good friends with a lot of the cast and crew from our Bachelor seasons as well, so we can appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Do you make lifelong friends. You have been a rock star on the show. You've been such a gentleman, and you have been a joy to watch.
Speaker 11: Thank you, thanks for coming on today.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Berty Masters Sunday seven pm. On Monday Tuesday seven thirty on Channel Night and nine.
Speaker 2: Now The Life on Cut Radio Show with and Laura Burn And.
Speaker 6: If you're in a relationship, you' struggling a little bit at the moment and you need some advice. The girls have a very big episode coming up on the Life on Cut podcast. We'll talk about that next.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before we give too much away, you can listen to Life Uncut for your relationship advice when we do have an episode relationship. Sorry not to do to anything. We say that every so often we speak to people who all qualify. That's exactly what's going on this week. Laura, what have you got for us today? You've been holding onto a little story.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to know firstly, how do you guys both feel about picking up things from the side of the road. And what I mean is it's like when there's a council cleanup, or like you're driving down the street and there might be a nice little side table or something. How do you feel about turning somebody else's trash into your brand new treasure and literally.
Speaker 1: Did it two weeks I'm about it. So two weeks ago you picked up what did you pick up that.
Speaker 3: Whole big table in my backyard?
Speaker 4: You know, the wooden table. Yeah?
Speaker 3: I got yeah, great, fine. I even had to stop some people on the side of the road master them to bring it into my yard.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm all for it.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's anything.
Speaker 2: If you see something that you think is great and it's gonna go to the tip anyway, then you should pick it up. And like I over the years, originally Matt used to think that it was really weird, and now I've got him doing it as well.
Speaker 3: This is absolutely going to end up in the Daily mail. Laura and Matt go out scavenging council cleaning and then resell it.
Speaker 2: So Matt comes home the other day and he's got these two massive beauty like they're obviously a little they've seen better days, but they're pretty beautiful. They're these big, big baskets and we were like, oh, we can put some plants in them. In the meantime, I decided I'd put all the kids toys in them and put them in the lounge ry and whilst we figured out what we're gonna do with them. They're like two big wicker baskets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I was like, Matt, a good find. I'm loving these.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Yesterday, my neighborhood lives directly next door to me.
Speaker 3: She comes over. He didn't tell me that he took them from the neighbor. So she walked into.
Speaker 2: The house and she was like, oh my basket.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me just clarify something. Was she actually getting rid of them or did he steal like a delivery to her house.
Speaker 2: No, they were old and she was throwing them away. Yeah, but it's awkward that we've taken our neighbors trash and didn't acknowledge it. She was standing in the room for fifteen minutes before she was like, is someone going to acknowledge that you stole my garbage? You took my garbage that was sitting on top of my bin. I think it's okay.
Speaker 1: Someone else's trash is another person's treasure.
Speaker 3: I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's great, But I don't think what was he going to do knock on the door and say, just so FYI, I'm going to take your baskets in case you ever comes to mind.
Speaker 2: I feel like he could have given me a heads up so that when I invited them around, I could have at least put them in another.
Speaker 4: Room so they won't over them.
Speaker 3: They were literally like front and Glory when you walked in. It was the first thing he saw, all piled up with the kids, the kids toys in their trash. It would have been funnier.
Speaker 1: It would have been funnier if they came over and they were like nice baskets, thinking you new, and then you panicked because you didn't want to admit it, and so I just bought them.
Speaker 3: That would have been funny.
Speaker 4: You just got them from cover project this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're great. They're the last two left. Though. She would have been like what I Oh god, it's too much, too much brass, oh god.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we have an awesome episode of the podcast coming up this week so you can hear more about the trials and tribulations of our life. And we are speaking to Mark Groves, who is a relationship expert.
Speaker 3: Yes, not us being the experts.
Speaker 4: I've heard of this name.
Speaker 3: He's incredible.
Speaker 1: I mean he's got a million followers on the Gram, his Instagram, anyone wants at him up. He's called Create the Love. He is a human connection specialist. He has their most soothing, relaxing voice. You could listen to him all daily and he just knows everything about everything. He's so knowledgeable, he's so wise. I felt like it was a therapy session personally for me.
Speaker 2: If you are single or you're going through a bit of a tumultuous time in your relationship. This is an episode of the podcast you do not want to miss Great Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Get it on the iHeartRadio, Apple wherever you get your.
Speaker 1: Podcasts, and don't forget to tell your mom, to your dad, tell your dog, tell your friends who share the love.
Speaker 2: Because we are you sending you the live on Cut Radio show with Freed Hockley and Laura Ben.
Speaker 4: Hear it in the catch up podcast on iHeartRadio