Speaker 1: Take a few glasses and apologize to us.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, but I'm not taking on my glasses. What's a procedure. This is Roden Gabby.
Speaker 1: Versus the world. O.
Speaker 2: Gooday, testing, Darcy, say testing.
Speaker 1: You're not working at all. Okay, you're gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Run around to this other hold having a shark. Oh, we're gonna have to go to the fourth microphone, described by producer Chelsea is the one that gets in the way, and goodness graceous certainly proving to be that right now, All right, good to have you on board, Revie. Your joining us from across the greatest city in the world or around Australia on the podcast, Hello Darcy.
Speaker 3: Hello, Oh listen to him which.
Speaker 1: Is got cards going everywhere across the table trying to get him on. That's right, We've got him on. That's the main thing.
Speaker 2: Good morning morning. It's a first time seeing you all day. You came in and there was a Canadian grund prix and I don't know if you were respectful or fed up, but you spoke to me for like about fifteen seconds. You could you could see my attention was clearly divided, and you walked away and I appreciated it, and I'm in my mind, I'm going to chalk that up to you respecting the fact that I had one eye on it.
Speaker 1: I gave us. I just gave up. I walked in and I was like, this is not worth my tie.
Speaker 2: This guy is a freaking word I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And then about an hour later I came back. I'm like, can you do some work?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And so I said, no, no, it's all right. The race is open out, it's cool. And then I went, hang on a second. It's a final round of the US.
Speaker 1: Open, the Master's Golf or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's the US Open Golf. There's an Australian in the final group on the final day only trailing by one shot, could win the US Open. Anyway. That's Adam Scott is the Aussie I'm speaking about. Rain has delayed play over there at the moment.
Speaker 1: So I found it really lovely. I was looking just a second ago and one of the golfers was holding the umbrella for his caddy, and I thought that was lovely because normally be the other way round.
Speaker 2: Sure the caddy, he's carrying a big bag. At least the golfer can do is carry the umbrella. He's got two hand good point, all right, Darcy, you know you and the you and the news team were keeping a close eye on the end of the Formula One as well, and it ended premiaturely with three laps to go, Oscar Pastree fighting for fourth spot as his teammate Lando Norris overtook him. Then Oscar took the spot back and then Lando went extory really reacted well to.
Speaker 1: The front.
Speaker 2: Winger's gone, and Lando Norris is out of this race.
Speaker 4: And he said inevitably that Tee mcclarence would come together at some points.
Speaker 2: And Lando Norris crashed into Oscar Pastree. Somehow Oscar got away unscathed and now extends his lead in the World Championship. Now that Oscar didn't finish the race to twenty two points.
Speaker 1: I think, who was it that predicted that they would come into contact.
Speaker 2: And crash their team boss, which is so unheard of he said, Oh, it's not a case of if when.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So were they just trying to like prove him right to get brownie points? Are like, well, we can't make him look silly quick. Yeah, it looked like a silly mistake.
Speaker 2: It was a silly mistake. I don't think he got on the team radio and said, prove me right, boys, prove me right. But you've got the two fastest cars. Not in this race, by the way, they were coming fourth and fifth, but you know for the season, the two fastest cars, the two most evenly matched cars too, most evenly matched drivers. Some would suggest they're going to at some point have one of those moments. They had it and that was the result. Unfortunately, it's worked in Oscar's favor.
Speaker 3: And I wasn't actually watching, but I know the safety car was deployed after this. So does that mean the end of the race was just with a safety can't just slowly going through? And so George Russell got his first win, but it was with the safety car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, his first win for this season. That's and is that great for Mercedes. The interesting thing with the Mercedes team, a lot of people think of Lewis Hamilton and all those world championships he won with them. He's gone to Ferrari this year and I like the Mercedes have gone, let's get a prodigy, Let's get a kid. They've literally got a kid. His name's Kimmi Antonelli and he doesn't even have his license to drive on the road. He's so young and he came third, so he's got there on the podium as well.
Speaker 1: I trust him on the road over a lot of the drivers that are out there.
Speaker 2: Like the one into each other.
Speaker 1: Just no, not on the track, I mean, just see in real life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting. A lot of them license, A lot of them say that they are and maybe they just say it. They say they're not interested in driving fast when they're in traffic.
Speaker 1: No, of course not. But I'm just thinking, like with his skills that he has, imagine going for his l's test.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: I'd be nervous as the instructor because he's going to know more than me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, certainly know more than you when it comes to you know, Tokyo drift and putting the sideways around around out not that that's how they drive it. So anyway, just take it easy on the road. Silent hill too this morning, and a lot of ruse about for whatever. I don't know where the ruse went. This will be fun. They can't see us until the last second because of the fog, but they're doing something out there today.
Speaker 1: Jump scares galore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, it's Lansteady on the roads this morning. That was funny, I get Yeah, all right, it's timely as a lot of us are early starters or late finishes. If we're working right now, where shift workers by definition, and if you are one of the ones has to do the early wake up between three and four. Do we have research today explaining why we're waking up like this?
Speaker 1: Not for everyone, not just shift workers, absolutely anyone who happens to wake up between three and four with a jolts, So it's something to do with our circadian rhythms, but majority of actually every single person. There's a point in the night where your body starts to prepare for the morning. So your temperature starts to rise, your core temperature rises, your sleep preature eases, your melatonin's already peaked, so that means, you know, starting to get a little less drowsy, and you start to release cortisole, which is a stress woman, because that's what wakes you up. You need that. You need that to wake up of a morning. Everyone has it, you just don't want high levels of it. So cortisoles are normal function and that starts to produce it around to a three to four am. But if you're in a really stressed state already, like you're something's going on in your life where you're really high quarters al already, you're starting at a higher quartersole level. So when it starts to create more between three and four am to wake you up, you go and you wake up because you're too much of it coursing through your body, and then you often just lie. They're thinking, oh my god, I've only got an hour left and I need to get more sleep, or you sit there going, oh, I've got a big meeting today anyway. So like if you've got a big thing happening that day where it's going to stress you out, you're more likely to wake up with a jolt then just lie. They're thinking about it for hours.
Speaker 2: Our body's amazing to be able to let us know like that. By the way, we didn't know until you told us what was going on, But now that we do know, you are waking up with that jolt because of high quartersole levels between three and four. As much as we tell ourselves no, I'm cool, man, I'm cool, I'm fine. No, No, your body is not. There's absolutely a thing going on here, they're reminded the final round of the US Open has been delayed due to rain, and Gabby said during the break quote, imagine being a spectator at the most boring sport in history and it rains. I think when you turn up at the most boring sport in history, you kind of know what you sign up for. But the part where nothing's happened, even less than the boring stuff is happening, Yeah, it would be a little bit frustrating.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 2: Do you want to do a clickbait connoisseur before we go to the news.
Speaker 1: I've got two real quick ones for you. One is a video which I'll let you get sorted while we set this up. But yes, I would like to do two clickbait connoisseurs.
Speaker 2: Then let's do two clickbait connoisseurs. This one's probably where they get confused on the internet. I'll just like you, it's a bit confusing.
Speaker 3: I can't really get it anyone.
Speaker 2: Maybe what even is a TikTok clickbait has tricked to saw watch me click or watch me scroll?
Speaker 1: Do I click that clickbait?
Speaker 5: Or am I getting TROLLO gets up to your.
Speaker 2: Confused? All right, we all know what it's like to be clickbaited. You're looking through one of these news sites and there's a headline. You go what and you click on it and realize that the headline has next to nothing to do with the article, or the headline over promised and the article didn't really deliver.
Speaker 1: Just a bit. H It takes you down the garden path, you know, takes you you don't expect. So this first one, no, I've got it. I just couldn't think of the work I wanted. Misleading that was the worst.
Speaker 2: This might be the first, but it will not be the last time. Today we're searching for a word.
Speaker 1: So this headline really got me a bit confused. Said the student discovers hidden aquarium in shocking place and it's dangerous. And I was like, whoa, how can an aquarium be so dangerous?
Speaker 2: Here's that headline all more timey because you've got to think about it. You can play along wherever you're listening. Yeah, would you click it?
Speaker 1: Student discovers hidden aquarium in shocking place and it's dangerous.
Speaker 2: You know what if you just said discovers hidden aquarium? Yes, click that had a hidden aquarium the shocking in the danger shore, Well, then they should have.
Speaker 1: Left the other bits out then, because they are so misleading. So this student found an old car parked a on a seaside and they looked in and it was the car was sealed and turned into an aquarium. So through the windows you could see all these fish swimming around, and they say it's dangerous because the fish aren't wearing seatbelts.
Speaker 2: That is infuriating.
Speaker 1: It is so infuriating.
Speaker 2: But they didn't take themselves too seriously, and we take the stories too seriously and that's why we let down.
Speaker 1: It's a good point. So, well, let's go to the second clickbait and see if you would have clicked on this one, because this was actually sent through from ex producer Beth. She texted this to me and said, this is the worst. I feel bad that I actually clicked on it and watched it. It is contestant dies on stage mid performance on America's Got Talent. You got to click that and she was like, this is not okay, that's the headlines.
Speaker 2: Knowing the segment clickbait, ser we can all see where this is going.
Speaker 1: But take a show like someone's died on stage, Like, how do you put that in a title that's just a bit misleading, but still kind of true.
Speaker 2: You know, well, if I wasn't in the middle of this segment, I would click on it is my point.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you got the video, read for me and this will show you this the contestant dying on stage. I want you to go to a minute into this video because it's about when the performance starts, and I want you to watch.
Speaker 2: Here we go very dark on stage.
Speaker 1: The audience's shops crowd.
Speaker 2: It's freaking out. I can't see what's happening on stage. So their robotic arms dancing on stage to Queen's song. So it's the the robot dogs.
Speaker 1: It's a robot dogs, but they're like the scorpion ones. So they've got like a a.
Speaker 2: Weird I can talk like a well, they've got a like a lot of the robot dogs on a head. This has got an arm coming out of its head and a hand. Oh this is fantastic. And so the robot dogs have been synchronized. Obviously they're dancing singing as well.
Speaker 1: Like the head is actually oh no, here it goes.
Speaker 2: One of the robot dogs fell over. Oh oh, and it died.
Speaker 1: So one of the contestants actually died on stage. This is challenge that is, it's not a lie. It is definitely clickbait, but it's not a lie, and I don't think it was disappointing.
Speaker 2: The fact that the producer ex producer bes sent this it means she wanted to see someone physically die on stage and was disappointed by this.
Speaker 1: What is wrong with it? Versus the world?
Speaker 2: Are we still not found one hundred million dollar winner for Powerball?
Speaker 3: No? Nothing, nothing's been found yet. We know it's in Sydney's Eastern suburbs, but we don't know any more than that.
Speaker 2: So far.
Speaker 1: I haven't been paying attention to my ticket. I wasn't the winner and forgot about it.
Speaker 2: Than them all to hell, Eliza reg from the lot, the guys who run the Powable. All right, Sheie's just put this out. Let's see if we've got good news.
Speaker 5: After more than thirty four hours since the winning numbers were drawn in Powabul's one hundred million dollar draw, the mystery winner is still yet to come forward. So we're urging all players who purchased a ticket in Sydney's Eastern suburbs to check your tickets as soon as possible. We can now reveal that that winning ticket was purchased from Bondai Junction News Agency.
Speaker 2: And Bondai Junction News Agency. They're doing all they can to let you know you've won lucky winner. The idea, the reality that one of two things has happened here, that someone just lives in a bubble and you know what, they don't need a hundred million bucks. They are happy.
Speaker 1: They're in the eastern suburbs. They don't need a million.
Speaker 2: Right, they don't need one hundred million bucks all that. They don't even look at the new So they're happy, right, just kidding around and people going, if you bought the ticket from this place that you bought it from, you don't know, you're not watching and listening to even check it, so straight away take.
Speaker 1: It off like good on you though, But they don't deserve it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not even whether they they don't need it. They don't need it or uh, foul play.
Speaker 1: Or someone's lost their ticket, which.
Speaker 2: Happens, and so what they and so they don't know and they never know, and one hundred mill goes nowhere like they know.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh my god, someone bought it at the Bondai Junction news agents. That's where I bought it from. But I can't find a damn ticket anywhere. And they've turned the car upside down, they've turned the house upside down. They can't find their ticket. It's lost. It's never to be found again. No one wins.
Speaker 2: That's a story, does it, Jack Pond?
Speaker 3: If no one claims, no, it just.
Speaker 1: Sits there until someone claims. I think, like in a few years time. They go, oh, well I didn't, because remember there was one in Melbourne or Adelaide recently. They were like, the time has passed. If you don't claim it within this next couple of weeks, it's gone and no one claimed it. So there is definitely a time limit to it.
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that time limit is though.
Speaker 2: If you think you've lost it, you're still turning up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point, you know what I mean. But how many people are turning up and being like, yeah, that was mine, I'm just gonna find it. They're just ignoring you.
Speaker 2: Yes, but that's how it works.
Speaker 1: I'm more old to it.
Speaker 2: But you go you say to them, hey, listen, this is the time I purchased it, And so they go to the security camera and you're there purchasing it. I still don't think it's enough to get a hundred million bucks, even if they have vision of you purchasing it.
Speaker 1: So when I saw that it was one hundred million dollars, right, I made sure I registered my ticket because I was so scared that the time I lose my ticket is going to be the time that I win one hundred million dollars and I'd never know.
Speaker 2: We're giving this person too much credit. They're asleep at that will. They have no idea they have one hundred million dollars in the back of their wallet.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Let's play a game we haven't played for a little while. No ever, it's a new game. It's gone Sonny Oh no AFL sign edition.
Speaker 1: But I'm surprised you didn't see this because you're the AFL nut of the two of us, you know, after.
Speaker 2: Killed the Last by twelve girls on Thursday night, I've watched no IFL.
Speaker 1: Well, this was at the Gabba, so it was a Lions game on the weekend. Giants who the Giants, Lions right right overrated. Well, it wasn't the score or the teams that were the talk of the town. Though, it was the signage that was being held up by a woman and her daughter, and there's a lot of debate going on about whether it's funny or whether it's inappropriate to have your daughter help you in this quest.
Speaker 2: Hence the name of the game. Roden Gabby's Boddy. Oh not.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: This woman, very attractive young mom with blonde hair, holds up a sign that says I want your boots, I want your last name, and it's for number thirty seven. Who's number thirty seven?
Speaker 2: For the lines?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brandon.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know who knows the lines doesn't matter. So she's put up the things saying I want your boots, I want your last name, and then next to her she has her daughter holding up a sign as well, and the daughter's sign says I need a stepdad, marry my mom. This could be you. And it's a photo of her with an older man in his face stuck over the top of it.
Speaker 2: Ah ye, he's a good enough looking black.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure, But I guess the debate comes in as to where it's appropriate to have your daughter helping your quest for scoring an AFL player. From the stands, I think it's hilarious, and she she looks old enough to be in on a joke, like, it doesn't look like she's that young that she's just holding up a sign and doesn't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: She looks like she's.
Speaker 1: Teenish tween ish, where she can be like, yeah, I wouldn't mind having an AFL dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah it might have been. Maybe it was better than she didn't know that good was going on.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, all right.
Speaker 2: So in a game of Roden, Gabby's funny or or not?
Speaker 1: Do you stand?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's hilarious. It's a bloody good sign, is what it.
Speaker 1: Is in Gabby versus the World.
Speaker 2: Before we go to the news of croc Olympics twenty twenty three, which is the rattest news I can only I'm sure the people are painting as a negative. Can't be that bad, but the name kroc Olympics twenty twenty three has got to be great news for me. Some news today around cash discrimination. Cash discrimination is a new term and Coles and Woolies are being accused of it as some people are going to the self checkouts and I think we're okay here thirteen ten sixty. If you've ever gone to an act or surrounding Regions supermarket and the self serve checkouts don't have at least two cash options, oh.
Speaker 1: Because majority is just card.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I've had it a few times where I've been in line and people in front of me are like, go ahead of me. I'm waiting for the cash recher stuff. Yeah, and they're so just grunted. And I get it because you've got to wait longer than normal because there's only a couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so they are frustrated. And so there's a push today for it's got to be fifty to fifty. They've found some Sydney supermarkets where there's no cash, no self serve checkout, you've got to go through a regular Well this is they can do an they on it's their business, but it's cash discrimination. While we're getting angry at the self served checkouts, and I don't suppose I can get angry at the supermarket for this one. But at the giant Woolworths in Gungaland on Hibbison Street where the pigeon is, where the pigeon lives, Yes, he's still there. He's left the supermarket. From time to time he goes out the front of Baker's Delight.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Everyone does a really good job because he gets busy there on the weekends, and everyone's doing a good job in not stepping on it. He's fearless. He just wanders around there. You're a bird fly over the top of it. Yeah, he's walking around the rest of us. So I think that's our biggest self serve checkout area in the act. They put a whole bunch in. It's twenty maybe thirty, and two of them have got a double bait, all right. So normally you can put two bags in the you know, the bagging area. You can put four bags in this area.
Speaker 1: Wa, So you can take a full trolley.
Speaker 2: And even though look, ever since you frowned upon my taking the full trolley into the self served checkout area, I have not taken the deep trolley in there. I only take the high trolley because they're designed to go in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they like go over the little bench there so they're out of the way.
Speaker 2: Correct. I saw the error of my ways.
Speaker 1: I took a full, huge trolley through self service yesterday, but it was only had three items. But I had to have the big trolley because my daughter needed to sit in it, and they're the only ones with the kid's seat. I felt terrible taking that massive trolley through self service. What able.
Speaker 2: I didn't expect anything to happen, But it's happened, and we'll get back to it. Don't worry about that. But I'm finding absent minded shoppers, and I'm being polite by describing them as absent minded, because a harsh person might say self sended, might say, Oblivia's shoppers are going to the double bay, the double bagging bay zones with a basket or with a handful of things.
Speaker 1: But if it's the only one available.
Speaker 2: If it's not, then that's thirty checkout zones. It's never the only one. There's one on over just not not using their brains and just putting three or four things through. And then I look like the psycho because I wait, and then the person says over there. I'm like, ah, I'm gonna wait for the.
Speaker 1: Double bay, and the people behind you're like move.
Speaker 2: I don't say it, but I know what they're thinking. If you woke up early to watch the end of the US Open, I guess as in golf, great point great, I think tennis could could be. There's a million different ones, isn't it. It's a really great point, Gabby. You know what, I'm not going to talk to the people who woke up. They know what's happening. They know that it's delayed due to rain. If you've got someone in your life, your house, your workplace who wants to watch the end of it, good news. They won't be distracted this morning. Why because it's been delayed by rain.
Speaker 1: But isn't it on right now?
Speaker 2: They're just playing old stuff to try and keep watching it?
Speaker 1: Play it in the rain.
Speaker 2: Noticed that I paid no attention.
Speaker 1: I wondered why you were suddenly not interested.
Speaker 2: Because I'm so focused on this.
Speaker 1: No, it's because it's.
Speaker 3: Rotten.
Speaker 1: Dammy's big years.
Speaker 2: All right, Darcy. We've just got the news of us a couple of minutes ago, another big international star coming to Australia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it looks like November is going to be a big month in Australia by the looks of it. But anyway, Lenny Kravitz has just announced and Australia and New Zealand tour.
Speaker 1: Has he released anything recently?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 1: Old stuff?
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter? Hill, We're not We're not showing up for any old stuff we'll show We're not shown up for the news to every every artist has a new thing.
Speaker 1: Irobably know much about Lenny and his music apart from this song. I just know his daughter, Zoey, who's who was with chatting Tatum up until recently, a few good movies.
Speaker 2: She's in Batman, Good Zoe becoming.
Speaker 1: At I wouldn't be traveling with Dart at her age.
Speaker 2: So probably I was going to say, my daughters, we were listening to Beyonce the other day, and I think my eldest daughter said, who's Beyonce, and my youngest daughter, who's eight, said it's Blue Ivy's mom. No way yeah, and then my oldest saughter went, okay, cool, no way yeah. And so it's begun. So Lenny to a generation.
Speaker 7: I suppose Zoe Kravitz Dart is Zoey's old man's old man's coming out to tour promoting, and so any any talk of Beyonce in the prospect of she's like the book to come here and she don't think so might have some talk about it.
Speaker 3: Recently, she just did a tour in the US I thing, and I don't think she'll be doing anywhere else in the world, which was just in London.
Speaker 2: Well, we would love her if she came here, but no, unless there's a guarantee the Blue Ivy is coming with her. My daughters were not interested, saying any interest that you know all these you know all these songs, don't you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, I guess I do. She songs on all the ads.
Speaker 2: What the like planes?
Speaker 1: That's got a car ad, isn't it?
Speaker 2: I want to get away, fly away?
Speaker 1: Then this is I want to get away, and then they cut it.
Speaker 2: Okay, they don't use the flying all right, Well, all right, so I'm gonna myself as looks like it's one of the great caps all time. Okay, why am I trying to convince you Zoe's old man?
Speaker 1: Are you trying to convince me to watch the goals?
Speaker 2: It's not even on? You thought it was on. I can appreciate the confusion, Thanks, Darcy. I think we'll start at all sorts of trouble with it versus the world just repeating. Fourteen minutes ago it was announced Zoe Kravitz old man is coming to Australia and we've just learned during the song that he's playing the eights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the VP Adelaide Grand Finals. So he's gone to the supercars to do one of his shows, but not coming to camera.
Speaker 2: At they kiss me off. Oh whoa, okay, ah, they just their inferiority complex goes over the top. What what do you mean if you're not going to make the grand final, you don't get a grand final? Calling your car race a grand final, Well, I guess.
Speaker 1: It must be the last race of the season. Well, it determines who the winner of.
Speaker 2: The I hope the championships decided before the final round, just to teach him a lesson.
Speaker 1: Alright, just because they're getting Lenny and we're not.
Speaker 2: That's a really good point. Mill Dura getting Lenny Crab, We're not and where not? Al Right, people have been waiting for this man. The gold digger test. People like this.
Speaker 1: It's become a thing. Let's decide at the end if people like it or not, because it's a it's a growing trend among men to go on a date with a woman and do the gold Digger test, where they unexpectedly strike with a surprise for the girl to have to pay for the entire meal, her own meal, whatever it may be. There's an example of a Melbourne woman who went on a date to get fro yo with a guy and they're both filling up their their yoga can containers and putting toppings on whatever, and while she's mid chocolate swirl going into her cup, he runs over to pay for his zone and then just stands there waiting for her to pay for hers, and like, that's fine, if you each pay for your own. I don't think there was any issue there. It was just the weird strike that these guys take, like the surprise attack, or like when you're at a restaurant and the bill comes and they go, oh, yeah, you'll take care of that, won't you, and just like slide it across to see if you'll pay for the bill. And then once you do pay for the bill, they go, well done, You've passed the test. And it's trying to prove that the girl's there for honorable reasons and not for their money.
Speaker 2: Do people like being tested on dates?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. Love being tested on dates.
Speaker 2: Right, so you know, even if you are performing the test, the part where you announced congratulations you pass the test, you're.
Speaker 1: Not getting a second date.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not. It feels like a problem.
Speaker 1: It feels patronizing, absolutely, and from someone like me. I Not every girl thinks this way, I know for a fact. But whenever I went out on dates with guys, I always paid for my own, like split bill every single time, because I didn't want to owe anything as an expectation for another date.
Speaker 2: That's a great policy.
Speaker 1: I didn't want any confusion about who owes who what. You don't have to go on another date in order to pay it back whatever. I don't want any of that, and so I always paid my own way. So if I were to go on a date with a guy, which is not going to happen becase I'm married, but if I were and they did a strike attack like that, blacklisted like that would be really offensive to me.
Speaker 2: I understand. I don't understand. You end up with this person, right, They're getting your cash, right, and so if they pay for a few things early on, it still ends the same way.
Speaker 1: I'm still getting your money. Yeah, buy me a burkin bag, really expensive bag.
Speaker 2: And I'm out. There's no danger that anyone will. In fact, that's the butt where you dropped me. You go, he doesn't even know what that is. Before we do get to the news with Darcy. A few questions being asked around you taking a full depth trolley into the self served checkout after you made it really clear that that was unacceptable to me personally, and Canberra is a city not that long ago, it is unacceptable.
Speaker 1: Only had a couple of items, so the number of items to go through self service was acceptable, and I had to get the full trolley so my daughter could sit in it. There's no child's seat in the small trolleys.
Speaker 2: Oh, hang on, is this the new plastic trolley? No, just all of them, all of them.
Speaker 1: None of the small ones have a kids seat. You have to get a big one.
Speaker 2: Ah, okay, I forget, okay, yep, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: But the big problem was we had the pram as well, so we had the pram and the big trolley because she wanted to see the trolley and she's really too you do what she wants. She's the dictator of the family at the moment.
Speaker 2: It's not time to negotiat'rer.
Speaker 1: It's not you pick your battles right and that was not one of them, or coming back, I have to go to the shop. We then went We're Madura again and we go there quite often. And we went to the little playground again down near toy Mate for her to play around, and I was helping her get up the ladder to get up to go on the slide, and I was like, ooh, got to change your butt. So as she goes down the slide, I was like, now if we've got to take her to change your butt, And so she starts walking off down the corridor to the family room up near I don't know that playground indoor playground thing, walking straight up there and I'm like, yeah, nappy bags in the pram, So I have to come with you. But I've got the pram and the trolley because your dad's just walked off with you, because you can't leave her to walk off myself. So I'm trying to wheel both prem and trolley at the same time, which was fine going in a straight line, but they have a very different turning circle and so as I try to go around the corner, I ended up in the middle of Madura, full arm spread, with a trolley going one way and a pram going the other, and I didn't know how to get it back on the trucks. I was just standing there looking like an idiot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that you didn't stop as they began. You're going if I keep push, something will happen.
Speaker 1: And something did happen.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I look like it is. And we go back to the very start story where you only had a couple of things in the trolley. Put the pram in the trolley.
Speaker 1: Put the pram in the trolley.
Speaker 2: Done.
Speaker 1: I could have folded it up.
Speaker 2: Why don't do that. I'm here to help all too late, but I'm.
Speaker 6: Here next to the left Rod and Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 2: See, give us a whole stack of cash depending on the region that we live in.
Speaker 3: Yes, so there's going to be updates, I think throughout the next is it eight days or nine days to the budget? One of the two?
Speaker 2: The ICT budget will be leaked to the extent that once it gets to the day left me. No, we don't want any surprises. Exactly what us our first round of good news.
Speaker 3: So the Central Canberra region, which is like in a northern inner South I guessing, is getting fifteen million dollars worth of upgrades to just boost facilities in the area, so public toilets, footpaths, all that sort of thing. And then they're also getting a thirty million dollar um medical center, the health the walking clinic that they hadn't already had clinic. Yeah, and that will finalize the last region as you could say, because woden On it because Togrinong has one, Dixon has one, Bengaland has one, Belkonon has one.
Speaker 2: It is interesting that the newer areas, for obvious reasons, have all those things. From a planning and infrastructure point of view, it makes sense. And then we think about, you know, the inner North and the Inner South, and we go what you're doing just far because your property values off the charts, But are those is that infrastructure there? And in some cases it's not, So that actually makes sense.
Speaker 1: Well, didn't we find out not that long ago that there's actually no school in Belconan Like in the city there there's no Remember there was the hole in the ground. We're like, make that a school. That's yeah, but like these older areas, it's a hole.
Speaker 2: In the ground. Now in school the hole in the ground high No one wanted to go there, so they abandoned Roden Gabby's pitch.
Speaker 1: I think it was a primary school, isn't it, Because primary the future you're looking for, all right, this brainstorm's gone backwards?
Speaker 2: What else can where else are we getting at a hand?
Speaker 3: And then I think we found out late last week that they're matching the one hundred million dollars for the entertainment precinct will be, which will be the new aquatic center and all that on Commonwealth Park.
Speaker 2: If we keep delaying the entertainment precing for enough years, but keep committing so much over a certain amount of time, we're going to get one hell of a fancy entertainment center in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in like fifty years times.
Speaker 2: We've been hearing about it for a while, and I reckon, this is this. I don't know for a fact, but I feel like this is at least the second, perhaps the third commitment of a budget and providing it. Because you know what it's like if you're managing budget at your workplace or you just you know, you're just living in your workplace. If you don't spend it, you don't get it the next year. And so we hope our budget isn't like that. Well, we haven't built our entertainment center. Someone put that under the bear. Put that under the mattress. How much one hundred million? Put that hundred mil under Andrew Barr's mattress. So the heart man.
Speaker 1: It's uncomfortable, lumpy mattress, just sleeping on wads of cash.
Speaker 2: No poor chief minutes. I said at the end of last week when we learned the fabulous Denise Scott would be joining us today on the show, how privileged I felt. After she was so extraordinary in the remake of Mother and Son and we spoke with her at the time, and after a lifetime of being just part of the fabric of Australian entertainment, she'd finally landed that lead role and so we were very excited for her. We loved the performance, it got incredible reviews. And then we learned that she she got sick and she was unwell, and I was worried that we wouldn't have an opportunity to chat again. What a privilege to welcome her back onto our TVs tonight on Channel ten and onto the radio this morning. Denise, Hello, great to speak to you.
Speaker 8: Oh, great to speak to you. I feel like you've resurrected me from the dead.
Speaker 2: That's what we felt like too.
Speaker 8: That's no, it is great. It is great to be alive. I have to tell you. After and and yes, two years of cancer treatment later, and yeah, still here.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling because you're going to be on Have you been paying attention tonight on Channel ten? This is your big you know, return to Australia. Yeav And it's it's quite a pressured one because it's one where you've got to be quick and witty and very fast. And it's terrifying to.
Speaker 8: Me stop quick witting, Oh god, on neither of those things. There's something that you know, eighteen months of chemo will knock out of you. It's quick wit. Oh god, it's but I'll just be doing my best.
Speaker 2: You're being too humble as you the iron that you speak about your lack of quick wit while delivering such quick wit. This is this shark you know what. Tommy g was on this show a couple of weeks ago and he took us through our paces. When Gabby says it's a little bit terrifying, it is so terrifying. As far as being around other great Australian entertainers. What was it like going back into the studio there for the first time in a while.
Speaker 8: Ah, Look, you know it's weird in some ways, you know that classic sort of cliche, you don't sweat the small stuff as much, and that's true because you're thinking, well, you're alive, and you know, but I thought, I can't decide whether I'm kind of zen or just mindlessly nothing going on. It's one or the other. And yeah, and I have to say, have you been paying attention? It's such a beautifully structured show. It's so well done, like you're very safe, even though yes, quick wit would help, but it's just so well set up that shollow. I'm really happy to be back on it.
Speaker 1: We can't wait to see you on there. We're so excited to have you back. Any chance is going to be a new season of Mother and Son anytime in the.
Speaker 8: Film any chance, it's in the can as they say, it's done. It's a second series, yep. And it was so exciting that I got to do it without doing chemo. At the same time, it was really exciting because of course the first series I was, you know, just doing chemo the whole way through, and then this time my treatment had finished and yeah, so it's it's all filmed and it's it's a great. I think it's great. This second series. It's quite different, a little bit different anyway to the first series, and yeah, I got to do it. Kissing thing.
Speaker 2: Oh you've gone from joking about the resurrection at the beginning of the interview. Do what virtually is? I mean talk about you've been given the great reason just to take ten minutes and you've just come back and obviously gone flat knaka. You filmed an entire comedy series. It's in the can and now you're back on TV tonight. When do we get to see mother and son or they don't tell you that stuff?
Speaker 8: Well, I think round September, It'll be around that time. That's the word I've heard. And yes, I got to Well I'm not exactly pash, but kiss Martley who was in Gallipoli. He was so star in Gallipoli and still very handsome.
Speaker 2: Is that very blue?
Speaker 1: Is that your first on screen kiss?
Speaker 8: Yes? You know they offered they offered me or my an intimacy coach they do for it, and I'm going, but it's only a kiss, isn't it? Like? What are the kids need to stay?
Speaker 1: You're like, just when do we get in there?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, we know you've got to go. Thank you so much for the time today. We love you as can bearan as. We can't wait to see you back on the TV tonight. It's on Channel ten then on ten play. Have you been paying attention? We look forward to chatting to you when you're back on the Telly with the mother and son as well.
Speaker 6: Great, I look forward to it too, God and Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 2: You had your birthday couple of weeks ago, Darcy, Yeah, I did Happy Birthday for twenty.
Speaker 3: Four Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: So exciting. How long until you go on the international adventure to Mexico?
Speaker 3: This last three and a half weeks.
Speaker 2: This is fantastic and you're going for six months? Yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Booked a couple of things for December already.
Speaker 2: What's so specially about December that.
Speaker 3: Even we had to book Patagonia hiking because apparently it books out really quickly, And we actually got the last three days at the start.
Speaker 1: Of December because three days of hiking.
Speaker 3: We're going for seven.
Speaker 2: But the.
Speaker 3: Rest of the month is completely booked.
Speaker 2: Oh well, the likes of Gabby. You're not disappointed. Gabby's like I would go absolutely, but it's book book cod out. Oh well, oh well, your birthday was the last Friday and because you leave the date of your birthday on you know, places people know when your birthday is, you get random texts.
Speaker 1: Well that's not the text that I got, but you're right. I do have my birthday on my Facebook for good reason, because I just love all the birthday love that comes through. Bring it on. I don't care if I haven't heard from you in twenty years, I'll take it. But no, I did get another. I got a text on Friday, and it took me a second to realize who it was from because the company had changed their name. But it said happy birthday, Gabrielle, which is very formal that they'd use my full name. We hope your days as beautiful as you are, and then it signed off with the company name and I had to search it up and I'm like, who is this that is texting me a happy birthday? But a familiar happy birthday, very familiar one. Turns out we did have a very intimate relationship about twenty years ago when they waxed me. I got a bikini wax once upon a time, and they've remembered me.
Speaker 2: Well, if there's anyone that will remember your beauty, so they're qualified to appreciate it.
Speaker 1: That's appreciated. We did have an intimate relationship for a minute.
Speaker 2: And they've never gotten it twenty years later. All Right, what was the gift that your husband gave you for your birthday last Friday? I assume after the show or in the evening did a gift exchange? Yeah, he had to go and get another gift.
Speaker 1: He did, he did, so I was actually looking at the gifts. He'd wrapped them so that when I got home on Friday from work and he was still at work, I could see them sitting there, all wrapped and I was like, Oh, what's this And there's a big box and there was a little box. And we'd had a conversation last week about whether we start getting a gift from Olivia to give to us yet our daughter, which we hadn't done. And his birthdays a week before mine, so I'm like, does Olivia give us a gift yet? Or anyway, that's the next year.
Speaker 8: Thing?
Speaker 1: Didn't do that this year? Did you neither of us have thought about it?
Speaker 2: Did you initiate that question after his birthday?
Speaker 1: Well, the night before his birthday, I'm like, Oh, should I do something from Olivia?
Speaker 2: That's the same as because I because I didn't, but we should start that. We should absolutely start that, like tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Well I've got a week so I could. I'm like, well you shouldn't. I I was like, let's start that next year. But we'd had that conversation. So when I saw two gifts wrapped up, I was like, oh, he's done it. Now I'm going to feel bad that I didn't, but I'll take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll top it out.
Speaker 1: So I was really excited too because it was a big box and it was like a little one. It almost looked like the size of a jewelry box, and I was like, oh no. Anyway, so I was opening the gifts. I opened the big one and it was the blender that I'd asked for, and I was like, yeah, sweet really wanted a blender. It's okay to get a kitchen appliance to someone if they're asked for it, and only if they're vasked for it, and I had asked for it. So he's in the clip.
Speaker 2: I assume at some point during this gift exchange we encounter a problem the fact that they've got past the blender. This is going to be a disaster, Okay, well.
Speaker 1: I then get to the little gift and I'm like, it's going to be something fancy from the jewelry shop. And I opened it up and it turns out never bought the blender on Amazon, which is great. It was a Phillips so it's a reputable brand and it was the Australian Amazon. However, they sent him the blender with the UK plug. So the little box.
Speaker 2: He rap was it.
Speaker 1: Plug the blender.
Speaker 2: You're just pulling out of your poppet and going, look I've got it. He wrapped it. He's the cutest man a lot. He's done well. He so used to defending him and he's gone and stepped it up.
Speaker 1: An no necklace, but at least I can plain.
Speaker 2: Let's give him credit where it's Duke Gaby versus the world. We get the Loggi's nominations today, do we.
Speaker 1: Well, something's being announced at the Opera House. I'm assuming it's the nominations. Yeah, personalities nominated, Oh here we go, Lynda A. Grangers, Sugar among twenty twenty five Gold Logi nominees Ali Langdon Hamish Blake, Julia Morris, Lisa Miller, Poe, Oh.
Speaker 2: Good good on Poe.
Speaker 3: Nice not much else to say.
Speaker 1: To stop. Oh well, I mean Sonya was ready to go. She obviously knew she's there with the logi dress beautifully, she knew.
Speaker 2: How presumptuous to turn up to the announcements if you didn't.
Speaker 1: Know, ye that it would be so great though going.
Speaker 2: On is the defending champ she certainly wanted. Okay, the defending champ. I get you even if you don't get nominated, you go a it'll be nice.
Speaker 1: To hang hand the crown over, understand all right.
Speaker 2: The crop Olympics has been talk about this brizzy thirty two is the most Australian way to describe an Olympic Games. But of course talks through a lot of the concerns that you know, international followers of the Olympics have been having what's that big bird up there where you used to live at.
Speaker 1: The Casswary right up in like Cans and further north.
Speaker 2: Okay, And so there's a lot they're just worried about things. Queensland, Yeah, because the Games aren't going to be held exclusively in Brisbane. No.
Speaker 1: They normally spread out a couple of the different events to different cities, mainly for convenience. So that they don't have to have everything in the one place.
Speaker 2: You have to pay for everything.
Speaker 1: But it's happened at the com of games and everything. They all do it. There's always a little bit of spread.
Speaker 2: All right, and so the further north you go, the more things that can kill you. As the stones we all know that in the eyes of the world have turned to Queensland and going, well, hang on a second, is this going to get us? Yeah, And so there's been a lot of talk around the rowing, which we're excited about because of the the crocs. Anyway, apparently a guy's coming out to see if it's a real problem.
Speaker 1: It's not a real problem. It's only like Mackay, they see maybe one croc every five years.
Speaker 2: They're fine, Well, well, this is the news that's running on the telly this morning. Okay, here we go on.
Speaker 6: Christopher Roland will be making the final call. He won gold in the Sydney Olympics, so he knows what he's talking about. And it's expected that he's going to go to Rockhampton over the next three months at some point to make some technical assessments on the course there in the Fitzroy River.
Speaker 2: So the world rowing champion from back in the day. He is now in charge of this whole thing. He knows he's been rowing, he knows rowing, he knows rowing.
Speaker 1: He doesn't know crocs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why wouldn't they just get like a logos.
Speaker 1: Get Bobby Irwen to go check it out.
Speaker 2: How much more do you need to know about crocs, if they're there or not?
Speaker 6: Among those, of course, is the fact that crocodiles live there. Well, do you know that the Prime Minister has gone on a podcast recently He's raised some questions as to whether the rowing will be held in Rockhampton.
Speaker 2: Albo Unprime ministerial, this is our time to shine in the rowing merely, yeah, kroc.
Speaker 1: And it just adds that bit of excitement just in case they don't see that many that far down.
Speaker 2: It's fine, we're amaming that that's going to be a problem. Maybe this uh rowing legend is going to show up. You know, I like the look of this. This, this is the excitement the sport's been needing. We don't know, and he's.
Speaker 1: Not rowing, so why he shouldn't care.
Speaker 2: But we're assuming he will frown upon the press of crocodile.
Speaker 6: Suggesting that there are some pretty good rowing facilities in Penrith. Now that would be a real pray for locals.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's Albo said that Mbo.
Speaker 1: It's a Queensland Olympics. We're not got at Penrith elbow.
Speaker 6: They want to see the Olympics held in their backyard. But it's probably got some international rowing federations rubbing their hands together in glee. We have seen this pretty funny image that British Rowing has put together of some rowers.
Speaker 2: They've got the Great Britain Rowing Team and they've obviously got some AI to put crocodiles in the water around the boat and it looks fantastic.
Speaker 1: It looks so good. That's not how crocodiles behave, but if they did, I'd still be for it.
Speaker 2: My understanding is that Great Britain they're using it as a recruitment tool, as a motivator, and it comes back to our point. These these variables right across Queensland with whatever the thing is, the downhill bike riding and the castle where he's jumping out. It's prehistoric stuff and people are so excited in rigged by it.
Speaker 1: It's going to make for great TV.
Speaker 2: It'd be a crying shame if we'd move this to Bloody what do you say, Paramattreth, That makes me mad. But that's a boat loser. He's like if there was an electure around the cornet Sydney for us, as Canberan's is virtually and out of suburb these days, until we had an ikere in Madua if we wanted, you know, a CD tower. Not that anyone wants one of those maps.
Speaker 1: But back in the day we did.
Speaker 2: You would drive up to one of the three I kids in Sydney and you'd get your you'd get your thing and you'd come back.
Speaker 1: I went on school excursions to Sydney all the time in high school camera life.
Speaker 2: It was the best time. Jose, you've moved here a few months ago from the other side of Australia, but you're no stranger to Sydney. You've been there from time to time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been there a few times.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This handsome bloke of yours, is this his first time in the East.
Speaker 1: Ah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: The only time he did go to Sydney prior to this was when we moved here to go and pick up his cars.
Speaker 1: But that's it.
Speaker 4: He didn't like drive around. He picked up the cars and then yeah.
Speaker 1: The times you went there was that with Farmer Want's wife.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then then to go and visit the girls who I was on farmer with.
Speaker 1: So spent like a week there. Nice, yeah, but yeah a lot of So you had reason to come to Sydney. Yeah, not many people in Perth have reason except just to come.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, like a holiday.
Speaker 2: So what is just the norm to us? When you took him on the weekends his first visit to Sydney was he like, you know, Dorothy and the Wizard.
Speaker 1: He was looking around like whatmore total? Yeah, that was pretty much what it was.
Speaker 2: Because Sydney's turning it on at the moment because they've got their lights show. Yeah, Vivid Vivid, which I complained about the other day for having too many people. Was it a nightmare?
Speaker 4: A nightmare? And I completely forgot that it was on. So we went to Sydney for the four x four show, the outdoor Show, which.
Speaker 1: Was at Sydney Olympic Parks.
Speaker 4: We were kind of out of the city a little bit and then I was like, oh, well, it's your first time in Sydney, so let's go for dinner. Circular Key like on the harbor kind of thing. So I booked dinner for six fifteen and we were staying out of the city so not so there was no way we could walk in. So we decided to drive in. Yeah, okay brooking first rookie mistake. We decided to drive in. I think we left where we were at around five and I was like, we'll give us like an hour and fifteen minutes to at least try and find some parking.
Speaker 2: Oh you took your evil.
Speaker 4: Laugh, Actually horrid we took. We were like, we don't go to Sydney very often.
Speaker 1: We'll just take the toll roads.
Speaker 4: We went in the tunnel, then the GPS stops were yes, and then we got out. We literally got out added thirty five minutes onto it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's not a tunnel for me to be There's all sorts of turn us in the time.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: It was like actually ridiculous. And then we ended up getting out and I was like, okay, drove closer to the city and I was like, oh my god, Vivid's on. I was like, there is no He was like, what's Vivid. I was like, no, We're never going to find like a car spot. We might we may as well canceled dinner. So I called up and I was like, can we just extend like we're going to be a little bit late, Like is there a fifteen minute like gap that we can take? And he was like yep, no worries, Like we can hold your table until six forty five. So I was like, okay, Jared, you're just gonna have to drop me off. I got dropped off. I'm sitting at this dinner table for god knows how long by myself.
Speaker 2: Oh that would look and well you've been stood up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the waitress came over to me multiple times, are going, okay, do you need anything.
Speaker 1: I was like, he's coming, he's coming down.
Speaker 2: She's gone back into the kitchen. She's acting like this guy dropped her off but it's a disaster.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Yeah, So he ended up getting there.
Speaker 4: I think I sat down at the table too.
Speaker 1: By the way, going around by himself trying to fight a park has never been before.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine lapping Sydney looking for a park vivids on Sydney. You've over committed. They know they've over extent. They can't manage it, but they do it anyway. And then we dropped this poor fellow from Perth.
Speaker 1: In there with no one to advocate, and his missus goes, I'll hold the table, get out of there.
Speaker 4: I think the worst thing is he has a seventy six land cruiser, so it doesn't fit under no of the like he has to be in like a two point three meter.
Speaker 1: Can't enter all the car No, none of them, all of them. One point nine. Who was a land cruiser in Sydney.
Speaker 2: Well, the guy from Perth's. Oh no, I'm surprised you saw him. I assume he saw him again. Like the story doesn't end and I never saw him again. That's the end story. No laughing at her.
Speaker 1: He's just called and being like, just get takeaway and meet me. Back up the story and we get out of here, back on the street.
Speaker 2: I'll beat you back in camera. I'm halfway home.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: I was sitting there and I was like, diffew is really great. You've got to get here, like a really great seat. And then anyway, he got there about i'd say half an hour after I'd been sitting there. And then he as soon as he got there, went to the toilet. And then the waitress comes up to me again while he's in the toilet and.
Speaker 1: He's just got your heart.
Speaker 2: She's back in the kitchen and just pretend he's here. This is the worst example of being stood up with