Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander peoples today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gaddigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut. I'm Laura and I'm Brittany, and this is our Saturday morning radio show. If you didn't get the chance to listen live today, we've packaged it all up for you nice and pretty here in your podcast library. And it's just the good stuff.
Speaker 1: We can't be other stuff out. It is all good juicies.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? Though?
Speaker 2: I actually loved today's show. I love today's show so much. We spoke to Cody Simpson. He's very hot. Britt may or may or may not have flirted with him. It is look, I definitely did, but I don't know if the flirting made the cut.
Speaker 1: I think it could cut out. But I was like there was some floating there, Yeah, there were so and like, how called me yet?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Do you know I was surprised thinking that maybe after that interview he would have slid into your DMS. And if he does, can you please share that on the like on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: I did my best attempt at flirting, but I'm out of practice, so I don't think i'd do it very well. But he definitely has not called us into the DM, so I mustn't have done it very well.
Speaker 2: We also, guys, there is a fundraiser that's happening tonight. It's a telethon, So if you're listening to this prior to seven thirty pm on Saturday, there is a telephone happening tonight. Basically, they are holding all of the different celebrities from all the different networks and they are doing a telethon where if you call up to donate the Lizmore or to the New South Wales floods, you will get some random celebrities, some of them are more famous than others.
Speaker 1: Put it that way on the line.
Speaker 2: And then you actually make your donation through them and all the money goes to Red Cross.
Speaker 1: So we thought we would give a go. We thought we would just call up and see he was there, and he were going to get So we did call and we got a random celebrity. We did have a little chat. It was pretty funny. So you can find out who that is a little bit later on in the podcast.
Speaker 2: And lastly is something that we did touch on today and an incredible woman that we spoke to. Her name is Rachel. Now, Rachel is part of our community. She's also a customer of mine through Tony May, and she lives in Lismore. She has lost her entire home and she talks us through a little bit about what that night was like that, what has happened there, how high the floodwater's got in Lismore, and just what and how the community is coping with it now.
Speaker 1: Everyone was almost in tears. It's a really horrific it's a horrific time. But that's even more reason for you to get behind the telethon and if you can make any donation, it is very very welcome. And on that note, let's get into it the Life on Cut Radio show with Hockley and Laura Bairn.
Speaker 4: Hey, tonight, Lauria, you're gonna be on our Telly's for a very special cause.
Speaker 2: I am okay, so I'm leaving this studio and I am heading on a plane going to Brisbane. But tonight is the night of nights. Everybody Channel ten, Channel nine and Channel seven. The networks usually don't like each other very much. Rivalries, they are huge rivals. They're coming together for tonight. There is a live telethon happening and what that is is basically a whole lot of different celebrities. Some of them are a bit more delisting. I think that's where of me.
Speaker 1: And Maddie j slutting now.
Speaker 2: But we are going to be answering phone calls from people who are calling up to raise money for the floods. So you could call up at seven thirty tonight and you might get Jessica Malboy, or you might get Delga Gudram or Jimmy Barnes tones tonight.
Speaker 1: There are so many different people.
Speaker 2: There are Donovan Shepherd, there are some incredible celebrities who are going to be answering the calls tonight, and all of it is to raise money for.
Speaker 1: The flood victim. Why don't we give them a call and see who picks up? Okay, Darling, let's dial who be This is exciting? Is this the most exciting thing to happen to me today.
Speaker 5: I like Chris speaking.
Speaker 1: Chris is the doctor Chris Brown too.
Speaker 5: Oh it's Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: That is in the house.
Speaker 2: Chris, thank you so much for joining this telethon and being a part of it. What an incredible event it is going to be. Where are you actually based tonight? Are you going to be doing it from the Sydney call center?
Speaker 5: We're actually in Channel nine studios. They're letting the outsiders into the building from another network, So I'm grabbing all stationary, all things that AREN'TSD through down in the pursuit. Obviously, in all seriousness, it's a very very important issue. And look, I think a lot of people feel a little helpless, and in the flood zones, I feel like they're not getting to support they need. And a lot of people outside of those flood zones feel like they just want to be able to help in some way and be able to make a different.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And I don't think people quite realize what a big deal it is when all of the TV stations come together.
Speaker 1: Chris. One question, do you have any experience telemarketing? And how do you plan on how do you making this money?
Speaker 4: Question? We've had.
Speaker 1: Well, we've had some requests come through that maybe people could bid for a date with Chris Brown. Is that something they could be going Maybe they could buy a tople Of shirt.
Speaker 2: I can that go for a pretty penny tople Of shirt, Just a tople Of shirt.
Speaker 5: I'm the worst salesperson on the planet, so I'm not going to be great in that respect. I'm just going to rely on just good honest conversation and really pressing on people's desire to make a difference. Like I'm not going to be the hard cell. But now you've actually suggested this, I realized that I grew up with telethons, and normally there's there's all sorts of like there's dares, and there's like special requests for you know, I'll donate ten thousand dollars if I give if Chris gives, you know, Koshi a lap dance?
Speaker 1: I know, is that that way?
Speaker 6: That way?
Speaker 2: Because I hope, so I truly do. It's going to be a live event, So I think that like we can only hope for these things. Also topless as.
Speaker 5: Well, and I think I'm actually I'm actually working with Coshi as well. So those words made.
Speaker 1: So Chris the million dollar question. What would it cost someone to get you to do? Will Lap danced for Coushi? What's someone's going to have to drive that? Asking for a friend, not me, but asking for a friend.
Speaker 5: Have you ever seen me dance? That would be a money can't buy experience.
Speaker 1: That's that's why I want to pay.
Speaker 5: Everything has money shouldn't buy it.
Speaker 1: Everything has a price. And this is for a very very good cause.
Speaker 2: We need to remember that now, Chris, I have one question which is a little bit off track, but you know, while we have you here, there's a rumor going around maybe you're going to be the next bachelor. I feel like it's the rumor that happens every year, every single year.
Speaker 5: You can see your calendar to it, you know what, Like it's never it's not going to happen. And I think I just think we should we should be very very clear about that. But but it doesn't ever stop the suggestion that it is going to happen.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I've never done anything, never said anything to support this rumor, Yet every single year it just seems to appear. I don't know if it's really for me.
Speaker 1: Imagine that you could go on there with like your dog and you could match up with somebody else in their pet as well. Could be super cute, brit I like that you're trying to sell it, but like it didn't necessarily work out for everybody too soon. Yes, thanks, thanks for pointing that out.
Speaker 8: Chris.
Speaker 2: It's good to hear that the Bachelor's not happening, but the love Dance is still on the car.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's happening tonight Australia. You know it's the Red Cross Flood Appeal Tonight Live seven thirty. It's on all the major networks nine, seven and ten. Are going to be a star started. All the proceeds rais. We're going to Australian Red Cross. You might even get doctor Chris Brown. There have fun tonight, buddy.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks so much guys, and thanks for supporting it too. It's obviously very important. And the more awareness and the more people can get on the line tonight and make a donation, the better poll you in twenty two for.
Speaker 3: Your Saturday Morning Lasi Bread Hockley and Laura ben.
Speaker 4: On kiss I. Speaking of the Internet, there's this one Reddit user who sort of set the interweber light right, Brent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look this is there's this little place on the interweb that I love to go called Reddit, and they have a segment called A A M I the Asshole. So if you're wondering if you're an asshole, you can ride in and a bunch of people comment. I'm here for it.
Speaker 4: I lot of doing scrolling am I the asshole forums?
Speaker 2: Just wondering if I'm an asshole? Also probably like makes you feel better about yourself. Probably read these things and you're like, I might be, but I'm not that much.
Speaker 1: I just always think it's great because you can go into something with an opinion, thinking like, of course everyone's going to be on board with this, and that ends up being a big argument. I love saying what other people think. But if this one, lady, you're gonna understand why. It's about a dog and a dog park. We all know that I'm a dog upsets and always they always grab my attention. But I want your opinion. So she wrote in that she took her ten year old son to the local dog park. He is obsessed with dogs. He's a normal kid that loves dogs, but they're not allowed to have a family dog because his sister is highly allergic, so they can't have one. So she takes him to the dog park so that he can he can run around, he can play the dogs play. It's great for everyone, so you would think.
Speaker 2: So she takes her son to the dog park to let him run around. No, she takes him so he can play with the other dogs. Not other dogs, just dog dog, to play with other people's dogs. He loves dogs and he can't have one.
Speaker 1: He gets his dog here. Cute. This is what she says. After about ten minutes, a woman came up to me and said, which dog is yours? I joked and said the one in the red jacket. My son was wearying her red jacket. She then told me that we were not allowed in the park. I was confused, thinking it was a joke or she was worried I was going to steal a dog or something. So I tried to reassure her that my son loves dogs but can't have one. She then told me this park is for our children, not yours. There's a plane. There is a playground over there for him, and she made them leave, and the woman said she was so she was so shocked on the spot that she left. She got kicked out of the dog park for not having a dog. Now I was I was up in arms reading this because I have spent years going to the local dog parking Bondi without a dog, and I used to just play because I just want to go play with them. I want to see them, come them back.
Speaker 2: I love though she said this park is for our children, as in her dog children, like it's not for your human children.
Speaker 4: So much venom do you.
Speaker 1: Think is she the asshole or not?
Speaker 2: I think the lady, it's not like taking your husband to the local kids park when you don't have kids. Okay, a lot weird and he's got really really dark, but like, I understand why you shouldn't go to a kid's park if you don't have children.
Speaker 1: A bit suspicious going to a dog park and you don't have a dog.
Speaker 4: And if no, it kicked out for no reason.
Speaker 1: That's the woman who came up as the asshole. When I met the dog park with Delilah and a kid runs up to play, I am like, thank God, because they're gonna work it. They're gonna I know that she's gonna play with Doila and run her out, so I'm like, go no. I will say one thing though, it is very I mean this is.
Speaker 2: You know when kids come up and pat your dog without asking, that can be a bit dangerous. You know, We've got a big bull Arab cross great Dane and every so often kids will just come up and launch their little hands into his mouth, and I'm like, oh, that could be a problem.
Speaker 1: What do you reckon? I can we put a call out?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What did you get kicked out of? Maybe?
Speaker 1: What did you get kicked out of the dog parks for not having a dog? Dog is ridiculous, It's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Can you beat that? Hit us? Lies on what you're kicked out of?
Speaker 6: Hi, guys, I was doing my big oe and I was at the Pyramids of Geezer and I you're not allowed to have your phone out, no photos, nothing like that.
Speaker 7: I wasn't own the world of mine at all, chick the time, and I got caught.
Speaker 6: So I was kicked out of.
Speaker 9: Gezer.
Speaker 1: You got kicked out like any country. No, So they were like, you can't be in here.
Speaker 2: You were trying to I thought you were trying to take a stealth photo exactly.
Speaker 4: Thank you for calling that's hilarious, Katie on thirteen one sixty five, Katie, what you kicked out? Of can you beat the Pyramids of Geezer?
Speaker 6: I was kicked out of a spice shop in Old Quarter in hanois what.
Speaker 2: We're going around the countries around the world, Droona, What we kicked out of with a spy shop.
Speaker 1: What would you possibly do in a spice shop trying to steal the tumrick?
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh my goodness. It was like forty degrees where we wanted to immerse ourselves, which is why we're in the Old Quarter, but we were clearly the only throus And then out of literally nowhere, this woman building a brew and just start keeping my husband and weeping him, like literally sweeping him out onto the I'm just standing there, and all of a sudden she turns to me and she starts yelling that we're back for business and hitting me with the groom away an expat hurdles and apparently my husband's like the mafia in Vietnam. So he's six foot five, really heavily tattooed.
Speaker 2: Because the thought that Martha was doing some spishal like sorry, this spishop is not the brows and get.
Speaker 4: Out the mafia like carries to universal. All right, thank you, kay, let's go to Matthew who's called through? Hello Matthew, you're on the air. What did you get kicked out of?
Speaker 10: Hey, guys A long time listener, first time caller.
Speaker 1: I know this voice.
Speaker 7: Are we going.
Speaker 1: The kids?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 11: Not on air?
Speaker 4: This is Laura's beautiful partner. By the way, Maddie Jay being kicked.
Speaker 1: Out of many a play but probably only a few you can talk about on radio.
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 1: What do you think kicked out it? Besides the bedroom?
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is a weird one. So I belong to a few different groups on Facebook and there's one that honestly I don't even remember joining, but it's Mossman Living is a Facebook group and so anyone who's not familiar with Mossman, I would say it's probably the most affluent area suburb in Sydney.
Speaker 4: You guys don't live in We don't.
Speaker 2: We live on the other side of the bridge. Why did you join the Mossman community group?
Speaker 10: I found it really amusing just seeing what these people you know the most are arguably the richest people in Sydney. For example, it would be like Derek was complaining about the fact that people were parking too close to driveway, so we couldn't take his boat, or if somebody was asking, is there anyone you could recommend who like the lift maintenance? Because the lift inside a mansion was broken.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, So.
Speaker 1: Mattie Ja, you joined the Mossman Facebook group purely for amusement. But what I want to know is how did they discover that you were not a part of the group and you were just there for a good old roll.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 10: I was just a crazy guy that never really commented. But then after about twelve months I started getting involved.
Speaker 4: Is the word?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah.
Speaker 10: The lady called Susan and and she made a complaint because the hedges at one of the roundabout was really unkept, and she was complaining about the council weren't cutting back to hedges. And I was like, Susan, get a grip.
Speaker 1: I was like, honestly, And they were like, he's not even from one of us making a deep job. They're like Bond die.
Speaker 10: Well, Susan was one of the added members. So why had I gone and made an argument right with like the Queen of Mossman. So unfortunately I've been banned from Mossman Living. Never even stept foot there afterwards, and I was used now to go to Mossman.
Speaker 1: We're never going to be able to move to Mossmann. Honey, He's done it for us. I think for multiple reasons, you won't be moving to Boston.
Speaker 10: Thanks, guys, cheers, ask on guys.
Speaker 1: If you don't know what it is, this is our Thursday podcast episode is where you guys write in your questions and well we do our best to answer them.
Speaker 2: You're deep, dark and dirty questions, all of you. I have one for you today, Laura, Oh bringing up me?
Speaker 4: Is this a personal one?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Stuff for me?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I was like, do you want to dare you want to air your dirty laundry or national video?
Speaker 1: This is from someone called Sarah, but I think Sarah's probably made up because she said this is not my name. She wants to Okay, Slarah, don't worry, we got you back, Sarah. I would love some help, girls. I've been with my boyfriend for four months and everything has been going pretty well. A while ago, before we even knew each other, I had an only fans that I used to make some pretty decent money from. I stopped creating content about a year and a half ago when I got a full time job and I just didn't have time anymore. Well, now I've lost my job and I want to start the Only Fans back up again. But I'm pretty sure my boyfriend will not be okay with it. Can I start it up again secretly? Or do I need to tell him?
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm gonna just jump in here and say honesty is the best policy for everything in a relationship.
Speaker 1: Although only fans.
Speaker 2: I have nothing against anyone who wants to start only fans. Great, go for a girlfriend, make a side hustle, make some money, but I can understand why if you're in a committed relationship, your partner may not be okay with it and may have some reservations.
Speaker 1: Well, depending on how much you're gonna share. I want to add in here. I think this is something that a lot of people don't know. Only Fans isn't just for like sexy topless naked photos. You could you can have an only Fans where you cook. If people want to pay to see it, they can see it.
Speaker 4: That's how it started, right, It was like extra content for the Only Laura.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know this, but probably not, because but I get a lot of business emails for the podcast that request you and I and the podcasts.
Speaker 2: And they're like topless photos of Brittany and Laura in bed together could make people actually.
Speaker 1: Have content that's not that sexual. But I'm assuming the way you're saying is maybe they're like some some bikini shot or something if your boyfriend's worried about it. So I think, honestly's the best policy. Imagine if you're in a relationship after a little while you found out that your boyfriend had an only fan.
Speaker 2: If Matt turned around and said to me, hey, I've been lying to you for the past four months, I've got only fans account, and I've been making a bit of money, I mean I'd be happy about the money on the side.
Speaker 1: Get a babe, you get that dad bought out there. No, I think the guy's ripped the way he works out so much. You've called him a dad board. He's got a six pat. He's also probably got only fans. That's why.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 2: But I think that the big problem here is like, of course you can't tell your partner what they can and can't do, But I do think there needs to be an open conversation about what everyone is comfortable with and maybe The answer to this is that you do go ahead and have an only Fans account, but there's some limitations or respect around the type of content that you're posting. If if it makes your partner feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: The question is do you do it secretly? My advice is absolutely not.
Speaker 4: Do not make that you can't do it because the he'd be why is there a ring light in the bedroom facing towards the bed and this mirror on the roof and in the room, yet all the leather bondy.
Speaker 1: Also, imagine if he came to you and he is like, I know what's been happening because I've been on Only Fans and I've seen you.
Speaker 4: What have that happened?
Speaker 1: Like he's a subscriber, He's like, I'm helping you pay the bill. Join up in a pocket.
Speaker 4: True, true, but he might want to join in. You never know. That might be in a conversation they could have.
Speaker 1: Anyway, no secrets, have the conversation and live your best life.
Speaker 4: Great and Brittany and Laura joining on their fans next week, simply please, that's breaking news on the show.
Speaker 1: Now, that's the next week's headline or headline.
Speaker 4: This is the life on count radio show and Laura Ben Ladies. I mean, this week, the last fortnight we have experienced. The East Coast of Australia has gone through some of the worst floods in its history. It's been horrific.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's absolutely unescapable. I mean it's on the news, it's in social media. The Northern Rivers region has just been hit so incredibly hard. And I was at work the other day and I got tagged in a picture on Instagrams. It was my other business called Tony May and we're a jewelry business and this photo came up and I wanted to share it with you guys. Now, Rachel is somebody who's from Liszma. She has lost everything in the floods, like her entire home, it's all. It's cone so unbelievable to watch.
Speaker 1: But I just want to show you this photo.
Speaker 2: It says it's her holding up two necklaces in front of everything that she has in the house. Wow, which is just covered in mud, and say, it's just like complete rubbish outside, isn't it. And she's written, when you have lost everything you own, you hold hope in the little things that you find. And she's got two necklaces in that and I just felt so like, I mean, we all do, but I felt so devastated for Rachel. I felt such a personal connection for what she's going through, and I wanted to give her a call and see where she's at at the moment. What is happening on the ground in Lismore and how has the community come together on this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rachel's here now from Lismore. Hi, Rachel, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Hi guys, how are you?
Speaker 7: Thank you for having me?
Speaker 2: Oh Rachel, whereabouts you staying now? Because obviously you can't be staying in your home in Lismore?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not fortunate enough to her family. My sister and her husband are three king so we do currently on living with five dollars, live children and five dogs and twip hat in a four bedroom home.
Speaker 1: So were you able to salvage anything or is it just all gone?
Speaker 7: And we weren't able to salvage any big items, So signature paintings, mirrors, anything.
Speaker 5: Like that just had to go.
Speaker 1: I just can't even fathom it. But was there a moment when it was happening, when you were still in the house where you realized, oh, this is really happening, we actually need to go now? Or did you get out with plenty of time?
Speaker 7: My husband's actually a fiery but I had had the conversation with me that Mum and I were going to stay because we were never worn that the club was getting beyond a foot under the house. So most of the houses in these more two story with the underneath being where we pluck your cars or have your laundry, et cetera, so you don't live down there. The only reason that marm and I decided to leave was because the toilet stopped blushing, and we knew if we were stuck there for day coming without running water or toilet, it would be really uncomfortable to live in. But never did we imagine that the water was coming into the floor where we were living.
Speaker 2: How high did it actually get so that people can understand and kind of feature it for themselves.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it got two meters two and a half meters above any recorded flood in history. So in the floor that we were living, we were thirteen point one meters above river level. God, and then the river rose to fourteen point three seven meters, which is two and a half meters higher than any flood we've ever experienced. So I'm one hundred and seventy three centimeters tall and the water in the house is up to much. Hint, you drive down the streets and live more and you can see where people have punched holes in the room just so they could get their heads out and get away from the water.
Speaker 1: What's it like now in terms of who's there to help you, what's happening with the cleanup.
Speaker 7: Most of the help that we had in the very beginning when the threat, you know, people hadn't been to their homes, were from locals that have traveled from fire and on our lane. Their tiny's just saving people. So it's been a bit of a progressive timeline. So first of saving people, then we have people coming over hoving out home and moving items, so there's just piles and piles on every single street. Over three thousand homes are being quite affected, so everyone's belongings are sitting on the street. And then about a week later we had most of the sofal Fin and Rescue here and the army who have set up at it, walling by one of the tasting it. So there's lots of help, but at the moment it's like a ghost Town.
Speaker 2: Rachel, thank you so much for coming on the show today and for just sharing a story. We are so incredibly sorry that this has happened to you and also to your entire community. Now we know that in comparison to everything that you've lost, it's not a significant amount, but we wanted to offer you and give you a one thousand dollar voucher to use it a leading retailer so.
Speaker 1: You can go and buy whether it's bedding.
Speaker 2: Or where it is cloth, whatever you need, Cuticle, there's a bit of help there as well.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, Laura. I just want to set the opportunity to thank you for reaching out. It was your twenty four.
Speaker 5: Hour sale that really really.
Speaker 7: Made me a mine in the whole thing that people from Sydney and other places, we're doing everything they count to help us here, so.
Speaker 10: I really want to thank you as well.
Speaker 2: Oh you're so welcome, Rachel. We all really care about you. So yeah, you've got a community behind you lovely.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thanks for.
Speaker 4: Your superstar.
Speaker 3: Brid Hockley and Laura Ben getting saucy for your Saturday Morning.
Speaker 4: The Life on Cut radio show.
Speaker 1: Now we have someone very exciting who we're about to speak to. That's one coming in hot and he's pretty hot. It's Cody Simpson. Simpson.
Speaker 2: Everyone now, Cody Simpson has an album coming out. He's also an exceptional competitive swimmer.
Speaker 4: He is his single now brit which is good.
Speaker 1: I love that we all point to me. He is single. He is also an actor. He's one of those just like ridiculous overachievers, you know those people. That's Cody Simpsons superstar. Yeah, he really is. He's got a lot going for the guy.
Speaker 4: Hi Cody, thanks for being here, mate, Hi guys, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: Cody, there is a lot going on in your life and I'm coming too hot. I was like, can you stop flirirting with the guests.
Speaker 9: You gave me pretty well, I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 2: It's a recently single, so you know, she's got to try when she can. But Cody, considering that there is some strong inspirations in terms of relationships around this album, are there any excess that should be worried about what's to come?
Speaker 8: There's definitely no like distracts or anything on there. Like, it's all pretty good.
Speaker 1: So there's no like Kanye West sort of song.
Speaker 11: No, No, No, one needs to be worried, although usually like you know, people were like, it'll be quite obvious, you know that it's about someone or like somebody, you know, they'll be like a hidden thing in there or the subliminal something inside that you know.
Speaker 9: Sometimes I'm not getting like a message because that song like about me kind of thing. Yeah, you know, like some people just rant about it, you know, like do all that stuff.
Speaker 8: And I've just never I've never wanted to go on like a press tour after a break up with you know, like it's all just crazy to me. So and plus it's like, you know, that's not what relationship is. A is a private thing right between two people. It's not really like meant for anyone else side of that. So I've always tried to be respectful to the sort of relationship or what it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're more on the conscious uncoupling side of things. You're more on the Gwyneth Pultroy side of things.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm a big Chris Smartin fan.
Speaker 1: For Hotel, I was like, I'm I'm going before Yeah. Yeah, you are an incredible swimmart. How do you juggle being a very successful artist with something like a professional sport, because I feel like both of them almost need your full attention. And on the back of that, do you do you plan on trying to pursue both or is there one way you're going to sort of take this now?
Speaker 9: Oh? Well, you know swimming.
Speaker 8: Swimming at the moment takes precedent and sort of has since I made the sacrifice to pursue it again and start training again. Like and I've been out of the water for like almost ten years since I stopped competing.
Speaker 9: When I was younger. So you know, music, I always knew.
Speaker 8: It was going to be on the back burner for as long as I was back training seriously and competing seriously.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I mean it's a juggle. But music and releasing music and.
Speaker 8: Doing all that at the moment is kind of like a side thing for me because of how time and energy consuming training is, and like I have to really find a balance, and like I was, if something sort of gets in the way of my ability to train well and recover and do all those other things, I usually just cancel it because I just can't have it get in the way.
Speaker 9: But that won't be true forever.
Speaker 8: Like once I stop swimming, I'll be fully back in music and entertainment full time.
Speaker 2: Cody, you are often in the news, not just for being an amazing swimmer, not just for being an amazing songwriter and singer, but also just for looking amazing in a pair of budget smugglers.
Speaker 1: Well, now, who's flirting with the guests?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, No, I want to know why is it that everybody else wears their like speed suits. They're like full body swimming suits and like you're out there in your budgies.
Speaker 9: We used to be able to wear those, but they got banned because.
Speaker 1: Because your body's looked all too good, there was too much Yeah.
Speaker 9: Maybe I don't know what.
Speaker 8: There's too much like politics around, like the technology or something. So now we just have to wear like the shorts when we race, like just to the knee. Can't go blow the knee, but training like everyone wears.
Speaker 9: The budget smiggers. Yeah, including me.
Speaker 1: Including you.
Speaker 2: Also, Daily Mail seems to quite enjoy running some articles around that.
Speaker 8: They like it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Here at Life on Cart, I don't know how much you know about us. If you don't know a lot, we'll excuse you. But we love love here at Life on cart. We love dating advice. We love all of those good, juicy stories. Now, we're not going to pry you for stories, but we might pry you for some dating advice. What's your best piece of advice.
Speaker 8: I'm often psychologists or therapist to a lot of friends of mine, especially like friends of mine that are girls and things.
Speaker 9: I end up being able to be like a sounding board, which is weird you like to do?
Speaker 1: Not send that triple text two texts and two texts and check out.
Speaker 8: I've wrote something a few months ago that I thought was interesting. I said, restraint is the key to sustained desire. That means sort of, I think pacing is a really important thing, and that's something I've had an issue with, like in the past, and you get into a new relationship like oh my god, I need everything now, give me all of it now, and just and the candles so bright that it just burns out, whether that's after six months or a year or whatever it is. And so I found like now like I'm trying to go into things with a bit more maturity and wisdom and knowing how to pace you know, something out and not trying to see someone every single day and not trying to stay with them every single night and having some restraint there to just sort of keep it burning for like longer.
Speaker 1: So like a bit of independence. I think that's really great advice.
Speaker 8: Yeah, independence over codependence and like less over more, you know, for the sake of just having a greater desire for it. It's like if you eat heaps the chocolate like all at once, you're gonna feel sick afterwards, you have like a little bit of day, like you're going to always like eating it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean some of us have for block a day and we're fine, But no, I think that's really great advice. And I guess what you just described is a form of love bombing. A lot of people do that and sometimes you don't even mean to. You get into a relationship and you're just there and doorphins are intoxicated, but you're intoxicated. You're addicted and you want all of them.
Speaker 9: Oh, it's like a really addicted drug. Like you take it once, you want it all the time, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Do you think you can stay friends with an X?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you think you can love somebody that much and keep that relationship with them and successfully move on with someone else? Or do you think you need to literally let it go.
Speaker 9: No, I can't.
Speaker 8: I've never been able to do it. I've tried, and I don't know, even like Amica will break up. So I always found it's just better, you know, even if you are on good terms. It's like, I don't know, I mean, it's some people have unique situations. I've just never been one to be able to maintain.
Speaker 2: Like a friendship might also put some limitations around writing good music when you have to be like, well, sorry that was about you and we're still friends.
Speaker 8: I'm a little bit all or nothing with that stuff, because, like I just felt, once you've had that, like lines will always be able to be blurred again.
Speaker 9: Like that's confusing for everyone involved.
Speaker 1: I think, all right, Cody, we play a game here with all our guests called headlines or head lies. We read out some headlines that may or may not be true about you, and we demunk them. Are they real or are they fake?
Speaker 3: Why head lies?
Speaker 2: Cody Simpsons showed cases his buff phy Zeke as he squeezes into a pair of Speedo's bristoming training session.
Speaker 8: Some of the like journalism is just outrageous, you know, describing the adjectives.
Speaker 1: There is tight bulging bodies.
Speaker 9: I don't typically squeeze into them. They usually fix.
Speaker 1: You don't squeeze into anything.
Speaker 9: I want to squeeze into him. No, the head lies, guys, come on.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well it's actually why but it was a real headline.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 2: Cody Simpson confirms his latest single, nice to Meet You, is about one of his famous exits.
Speaker 1: Well, look, he's never said it, but the look on his face as it is, the silence speaks volumes. All right, true, true, Like that's all we're going to get on that one. Cody Simpson back on Rayer back. Have you been on RAYA before, Cody?
Speaker 9: I was on rare once. Yeah, but I step back on it. Does that make sense? I was on it?
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe maybe you're back on them out If you're then maybe not.
Speaker 9: No, I'm not on it now, definitely not on it now. I haven't had it for years. But I don't know if I was ever on it then off it, then back on it again. I think I was on it for a while, So what is this? Never met with anyone off of it? And then I kind of just.
Speaker 1: All right, last one.
Speaker 2: Cody Simpson sens fans wild as they noticed a very naughty detail in his latest selfie.
Speaker 1: Did you spot it?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 9: I don't know which one they're referring to. There's probably even plenty of naughty details. And myself is that.
Speaker 2: There was a selfie of you wearing some gray pants and look, I think we need to talk about the elephant and the pants.
Speaker 4: I mean in the room.
Speaker 1: Look it was actually it was a headline, thank you for joining us today. Your album is out April eighth. We cannot wait to hear the rest of it. If it's anything like the song that you teased us with, let it Go, it is going to be an absolute banger and we hope to see you again soon. We have to have you back on the show when it comes out, and hopefully you do get some time do a tour or something.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, the Life.
Speaker 1: On Cut Radio Showy and Laura Burn.
Speaker 4: Almost done for your Saturday Morning. But it wouldn't be a Life on Cut show without a bit of a quizladed dear, literally a burning train wreck. Listen, I love to quiz you too, And I found this online. You know the Batman?
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 4: The Batman is out now, starring Zoe Kravitz and Robert Pattins. They're not paying us, but they're getting a free plug. They did the co host quiz, which is it's a BuzzFeed thing. They quiz two co hosts, and you guys are co host of your own radio show. So I thought I'd bring it here and we do it together. We're ready to play.
Speaker 1: Oh too spectacularly fail. And how much time we spend with each other. We should know each other very well.
Speaker 4: You'd think you'd know, Okay, hit us. Now, there are some questions in there that they asked Batman and Zoe Kravitz, but we already know them about you. A couple of them who your whole past season? We know yours is Jason Momo?
Speaker 1: And is Sam Hugan? Is that his name?
Speaker 4: Ever?
Speaker 1: Butcher his name? The guy from Outland. He went from Outlander. He's a crush.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: We let's umpi and also the another one is your coffee order. But that's boring. Let's go to number one. Britt. What was Laura's middle name? Almost?
Speaker 1: Oh, this is so hot. It's like you don't even know me, Anya or something like that.
Speaker 2: No, it was Ashley, Laura. Ashley named a beautiful sheets that I was conceived the first.
Speaker 4: Yes, your middle name is because you were conceived on Laura.
Speaker 2: My mum almost called me Laura Ashley because I was conceived on Laura Ashley.
Speaker 1: Lynnen to trump that my name is Brittany. My sister is Sheridan. Brittany and Sheridan are literally a Lenen company.
Speaker 4: At least we have that in common, all right, Next one, Laura, what does Britt's star sign?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Her birthdays in August. Oh, she's a leo.
Speaker 4: She's a leo.
Speaker 1: Laura for sure, cheated. I know you to you better than you know yourself. Baby.
Speaker 4: You can get points here, Brittany. How many times per day does Laura shower?
Speaker 1: Sometimes?
Speaker 8: None?
Speaker 1: Once a day today. I'm a once a day shower today, but it's often not too quite late. Always in the morning. You are telling fibbs, asked Mattie.
Speaker 4: On the sheet I've got in front of it in the morning.
Speaker 1: Sorry, the rules morning every morning. I hate showering in the evening, and Matty Jay makes me do it. In protest, Laura over to you.
Speaker 4: What is an item that britt has in the fridge at all times? She's never without this.
Speaker 2: She's got like almond milk, or macadamia milk, the one that froths for your coffee.
Speaker 9: Right, wrong, wrong?
Speaker 1: She always has that diet light stuff as well, diet right.
Speaker 4: Cordial, right, cordial.
Speaker 1: There you go. I'm conscious of a level of sugar.
Speaker 4: All right, Britt. Name one of Laura's kids birthdays? Just one?
Speaker 8: Questions?
Speaker 4: You've got Marley Mayo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there, godmother, I had a birthday only like eight, probably ten days ago. Now is it? Do the math? I can't do the math, but I know it was ten days ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it's on the second of February. Time flies when you have fun.
Speaker 4: What about Marley may Give it a mon give us a month.
Speaker 1: Let's do these questions. What does Britt having the fridge.
Speaker 2: You live at my house's birthdays?
Speaker 1: What was her middle name?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 11: Is it not?
Speaker 1: What's her middle name? What could have possibly been? What's whole time? Yeah, let's say he's playing.
Speaker 4: Paper's a bit fair quickly, Laura. What's Brits Dog's Delilah's birthday?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Fuck, I have no idea. I'm gonna say November.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what was it?
Speaker 1: She was born on the fut of July. Oh, there you go.
Speaker 4: How are we doing for points? Producer Casha, are we good? She might's not sorry, you've lost cow.
Speaker 2: I've lost count because I actually thought that what Laura answered to Brittany's fridge item was correct.
Speaker 1: Brittany said, no, you do always have that frothy milk in the fridge. You're gonna put me down? Yeah, only could you two drink it? I get it for YouTube. You both have coffees melt all times a day. You know I'm a soy drinker, so I'm still confused. Why you get me the wrong milk?
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what?
Speaker 4: And I've decided we're gonna go to a tie breaker. This one's worth thirty seven thousand points. So whoever gets this right?
Speaker 1: Do you like the word bickering? Like an old married copy. I want to add one more thing in here. Because of her host, the girls are complaining that the option of milk I have. I have every option of milk in the fridge for them. I have macadamia, I have sweet I have I have everything.
Speaker 4: But it's still not enough, miss great host.
Speaker 1: But still still, it's like something a loser of this game would be debating.
Speaker 4: I remember this next time, let's buzzy in. Whoever buzzes in first using their name gets to have a go at this all right, at what date did the first episode of the Life Uncut podcast air?
Speaker 1: Neither of us know that crap.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brittany, I don't know the date, but I'm going with jly Oh it was definitely July.
Speaker 1: I was about to say it was under the last weekend of June.
Speaker 4: We go this pick a winner. What are you locking in?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna look in July. What year nineteen?
Speaker 4: Let's leave it on a win for the two of you. You are the first co host anyone.
Speaker 2: Friends that anybody ever had.
Speaker 1: All I took from that is that you have a favorite Miss Laura and you guys both ungrateful. I'm scrapping all milk. No one's getting copies from my house ever again, and that Brittany is a sore loser.
Speaker 4: No cop for you for no nice note to end on us fighting is.
Speaker 2: You know what though, guys, we do have a podcast coming out next Tuesday, So if you want to listen to us bigger a little bit more, jump on to the podcast library Life on Cut and that's where you find us.
Speaker 1: We don't bigger on the podcast. We love each other night you ever asday and don't forget to tell you Mum and Tea duntee dot tea friends and share the love because we all see what Laura seven ny will can.
Speaker 3: You sending you the live on Cut Radio show with Bree Hockley and Laura Ben
Speaker 4: Hear it in the catch up podcast on iHeartRadio