Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Me said, buddy, here's a trait anywhere the dog is paid on me like I'm a lamp post.
Speaker 3: I'm not interrogating you. You called me. This isn't the police or the tax inspector.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey, good on in team.
Speaker 4: It is a minutes past six Thursday morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show. Good one, and Patsy Money, good.
Speaker 2: One, and Jack how are you guys?
Speaker 4: I'm nerds, although I was hit yesterday with Tomorrow's for pocket Money pay rise. Yesterday my youngest daughter said that they've been learning about inflation at scos. There we go, just go, and so I think, actually it needs to be a justed this year.
Speaker 3: It needs to go up. And I'm like, you know where you don't know whether you're being fair or unfair.
Speaker 2: They're getting you with your weakest point.
Speaker 3: N No, not just that.
Speaker 4: And my natural inclination is always just to say yes, hey, because it's so much more fun than say no, and.
Speaker 3: Also it just gives them to yeah.
Speaker 4: I was just sat down for the first time yesterday evening with a glass of wine. Then suddenly she came flying in. She was like, question, and whenever she does this question a lot. Oh god, I'm so tired. My powers are so weak right now. And I just went what literally with the remote control on boords what And I went, where's your mum?
Speaker 3: She's out for night.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, oh god, I'm the only one on duty. The vice president is going to have to make a presidential decision on spend.
Speaker 3: Can I can I have more pocket? When I was like, why, what do you need it for? It's that stuff.
Speaker 4: Turning them every day. And she was like, oh, we've been learning that inflation. I think it needs to be adjusted and go up.
Speaker 2: I guess the cost of living has been going up.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about I'm going to worry about that. They don't have to worry about. Oh, fifteen year old is worried about the cost of living.
Speaker 2: I wish I knew utility bills.
Speaker 3: I'm paying out at the moment, right and center.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the petrol plump?
Speaker 3: Sly, it's a nightmare.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So that two days on the show.
Speaker 4: Then we've been doing the ages out of the alphabet or streets with boys' names. We finally completed it yesterday thanks to your streets and donations of them. Today we need to open up streets with girls names. You've got one to kick us off.
Speaker 2: I used to live on Victoria Street. Very lovely girl's name.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping for. I was hoping you were going to say Valerie.
Speaker 2: I can't change my history.
Speaker 3: Do you know the name Valerie? Pats?
Speaker 2: Not at all?
Speaker 3: Oh? Okay, just bout that one away. What's wrong with the name?
Speaker 4: Who's got such strong opinions?
Speaker 3: Six? It's dark out there? Why such a strong defined opinion about Valerie? I am getting old fashioned.
Speaker 2: It feels like you've got some sort of nemesis in your past. Name Valerie.
Speaker 5: No, I haven't. No, I just don't like it.
Speaker 3: Val val No.
Speaker 5: I've got a cousin.
Speaker 3: Val is a retired name, isn't she?
Speaker 2: You've got a Valerie in your family and that.
Speaker 3: You're calling it out. Don't care for it. I don't care for it all right, So you've got Victoria?
Speaker 2: Are we happy with that? It could be named after.
Speaker 3: The lastly who was upset her a highness on the show?
Speaker 2: No victory?
Speaker 5: You know what that was going to be my name If I wasn't Patrina, it was going to be Victoria. So I like that Jack, That's.
Speaker 2: Good, Okay, I'll add it to the board.
Speaker 4: Thank god she likes that one. What we're doing is all twenty six. Then them would run past the overseer. The onwardsman Street Names has installed herself today.
Speaker 3: Right, and how are we putting? We are putting up Lady Betty Parade.
Speaker 2: I don't like why there's nobody called Lady Betty.
Speaker 3: But there is Betty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tons of Betty's.
Speaker 6: Put Betty and Bee sure, but Lady Betty for l right, okay, B for B for Betty yeah, but brackets Lady Betty Parade so confusing.
Speaker 3: Please not for me. I'm not up there.
Speaker 1: But Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: So we did the Melbourne A to Z of Streets with boys' names. Today we're flipping around. It's the eight seat of streets with girls names. We have two Bay's already two streets already filled.
Speaker 2: Victoria Street and the controversial Betty Parade, which is actually Lady Betty Parade in view Bank No.
Speaker 3: Four one four one O four three. Valerie, Hello, Hello Valerie. Did you know did you hear what Patsy said earlier about your name?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yes, I don't like her anymore. I'm sorry, Petsy, you live in this western suburbs.
Speaker 8: I go for you all the time and then you insult me. I mean, I was named after my auntie who passed away as a baby, and you insult me like that.
Speaker 7: I'm shattered, totally shattered.
Speaker 9: But I still love you.
Speaker 3: I still love you. Is a great name, Vatterie. What street have you got for us? Have you got a Valerie Street?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 7: I actually live in Rachel Court?
Speaker 4: Right, brilliant, perfect, Rachel Court goes up. Thank you very much, Van, have a good day.
Speaker 11: You're welcome you to Bye bye bye, Max?
Speaker 3: I was I know? Max? And what street have you got worst for us? With a girl's name?
Speaker 12: I live in Helen Road, which used to be my sister's name.
Speaker 3: Nice Helen Street or road?
Speaker 12: Do you say Helen Road?
Speaker 3: Helen Road? Max? That's great, Thank you very much. Have a good day.
Speaker 11: Hey, yeah you do?
Speaker 13: By Tony to Hello, There you go, Tony, There you go. I'm good Tony. How's your week going?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 10: Going right?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Tell you again?
Speaker 11: Going yeah?
Speaker 2: Good? Gang gangs?
Speaker 3: Good Meredith Street. Meredith, Ye like it, Tony, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Just go do good morning, Sue, are you? I'm good, Sue, Sue? What at street with a girl's name? If you've got for us?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 2: Eric first present?
Speaker 3: Very nice? Yeah, now Erica with a C. You're okay?
Speaker 14: Nice of course?
Speaker 3: Thank you for champions. All right, so thank you very much. Have a good day, Thanks God.
Speaker 14: Thanks face.
Speaker 3: Jody, good morning.
Speaker 10: How are we good?
Speaker 3: Jody? You good? Jody?
Speaker 14: I'm very good today?
Speaker 15: Actually yeah, not just good, but yeah.
Speaker 7: My son's twenty fifth birthday.
Speaker 14: Don't know how that happened. I'm only twenty seventh, you.
Speaker 3: Know, is twenty five today? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Twenty five today?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 3: How do you feel?
Speaker 7: I'm a mixed emotions?
Speaker 14: Actually yeah, makes me feel old man.
Speaker 4: That's great. And what are you all doing? You're going out for dinner tonight?
Speaker 10: Or oh yeah, I'm on my way to work this morning.
Speaker 8: But yeah, we're going out to dinner tonight. So's that'd be nice?
Speaker 3: Oh well, I hope you will have a great, very special day today. Jody. What's the street name you've got for us?
Speaker 14: I've actually got three for you?
Speaker 3: Wow, poker, come on, then you've got the trifecta. What have you got?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 14: So I live on Laura Road, which runs off Catherine Road.
Speaker 12: Sister up the road is Anne Road.
Speaker 2: I can picture the whole suburb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we can see what they did there. They went, keep going, guys, keep going, guys, meetings going.
Speaker 3: Well, that is great.
Speaker 4: You've given us three world done, Jody, and enjoyed tonight's dinner.
Speaker 14: Thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 3: Have a great day, Hony. Bye, Danny, good mate, there are you going? I'm good Danny. What have you got for us?
Speaker 15: Danny, boy, I've got well, I had one for yesterday, but I couldn't get through. So I've got Ronald and Shirley Avenue down in Sorrento.
Speaker 3: Ronald, Yeah, that was for yesterday. Maybe Ronnie. I've never met a lazy cool what's your name, Kelly? Ronald? Okay, maybe in Australia.
Speaker 15: Ron My great great grainparents owned a lot of land in Sorrento and they named them after their grandchildren, Shirley and Ronald.
Speaker 3: My gosh, see, so you've given us Shirley.
Speaker 15: I'm giving you Shirley. But unfortunately they spend all the cash so none of it filtered through the generation.
Speaker 3: Damn, it's come on, relatives. That's not fair. It's not at all, it's not Can you imagine? Yeah, can you imagine what that'd be worth? Now? Yeah, you wouldn't be.
Speaker 4: Up there early calling us. Them's the breaks, Danny's. That's what we're here doing this show because we don't have land down there.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast where She.
Speaker 4: Yeah, production now available. But I'm nucking around at kids No. Four one four one O four The eight sent of Melbourne streets with girls' names, Jackie Boy, what is failed?
Speaker 3: So far?
Speaker 2: We've got Anne Street, Betty Parade, Catherine Street, Erica Crescent, Helen Street, Laura Street, Meredith Road, Rachel Street, Shirley Avenue and Victoria Street.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's fill up some more. Tanya, good morning, Welcome to the show mate. Hello, Hello, Tania, how are you doing?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 16: Are you going?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Tania. So you've got a street for us?
Speaker 7: I do I have a tenure court in Dandy.
Speaker 17: On Tana and the same as my name as well, with an I or y with an I.
Speaker 4: Sounding quite sort of stern about that, with an I am idiot asking.
Speaker 14: T A n I A yeah, I think you got that.
Speaker 3: Big yeah, is that with ak?
Speaker 16: I only discovered it on a school marathon when I was in high school many years ago.
Speaker 3: We all remember those, the school marathons.
Speaker 2: School marathon, cross cross country.
Speaker 3: Married couple but entire marathon. Wow, all right did it? Tanya? Thank you very much.
Speaker 17: You cal changes it, no problem, have a good day and you please, Paul, why not.
Speaker 15: I have Fiona streeting pistol.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you, thank you, Paul, thank.
Speaker 18: You, thank you.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: Yes, Good morning morning Drinda. Welcome to the show. So a street with the girl's name here in Melbourne, what have you got?
Speaker 7: I was actually in Geelong Janine Court, Jim. We call it lower Lovely Banks because it's on the edge of Cario and Lovely Banks is a prestigious subject.
Speaker 18: But is not.
Speaker 14: But it's actually called Lovely Banks.
Speaker 7: But my cousin lives in the court. But my friend's husband was doing the development and got a chance to name one of the streets after his wife. So it's called Jeanine Court.
Speaker 3: All right, chut that in. Thank you very much. It's not just a street name there. We got some local, really local ultra local history as well. Thank you very much.
Speaker 10: Doing Detroit, ya tell you today, I'm going.
Speaker 3: To try what can you chuck our way? What's the street name?
Speaker 12: I'm another one on Geelong Gertrude Street.
Speaker 4: Tell you what we've won Gelong guys, Fox FM. Find out that we've taken jil on this morning, just the last ten minutes.
Speaker 2: And Troy give us the history of how the street was named.
Speaker 3: Yeah anything that lovely Bank.
Speaker 12: I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 10: But another little guy.
Speaker 12: I'm in the truck driving now and I've just gone through a little.
Speaker 15: Township anyway, are you lying?
Speaker 13: L I?
Speaker 2: I sorry mate, We'll let you know when we're doing townships.
Speaker 3: Good only Troy, Thank you very much. Let's go to uh Sam. Sam. Hello, it's not making easy for me. Hello you doing Sam? Welcome to radio Sam. What have you got for a Sammy boy?
Speaker 15: You got Penny caught in Lara?
Speaker 3: Love it? Okay?
Speaker 2: Almost of the Beatles song almost yeah?
Speaker 3: Perfect? Love that? All right? Sam? Well, let you go. Thank you very much. Mark, you boy? Ah Mark? What street name have you got?
Speaker 10: Catherine close and.
Speaker 3: The gotcha yeah with the Cakatherine with a K, Jack and an eye. All right, Markey boy, thank you very much, have a good day.
Speaker 18: Thanks.
Speaker 10: Thanks Christian enjoyed.
Speaker 3: I love that. I think all Carners should just toot themselves off today.
Speaker 18: Micky, all right, i'd knock off Q for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, what have you got Quinn? Quinn?
Speaker 15: Yes, it's an honest name.
Speaker 12: It's used for boys or bills.
Speaker 3: I know it's used for boys. I didn't know it's a girl's name. Quinn. Yes, there was a quick you can get good to believe me, fall out over. I'll call your bluff, Pommy.
Speaker 2: There is a female Quinn in the show Daria.
Speaker 3: And that's how you base all your facts on fictional I'm starting with me on this one.
Speaker 10: Google cat Tuns.
Speaker 11: Where can you learn it?
Speaker 3: Wow? Yeah, quite right. At least we can agree on that, all right, Michamus, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Patty, you're going to love this, right. I found it quite irritating. Patsy. Maybe you have this hearing how relaxed Jack.
Speaker 4: Is at the moment, right, and it is to come before the storm, because you know, when he becomes adapt for the first time and his wife gives birthla first child, their son, and the couple of his time, it is amazing, life changing amazing. However, it's also the start of chaos, right and for the rest of your life, never quite having control over everything.
Speaker 2: I know it's going to be tricky, and I'm prepared for it to be tricky.
Speaker 3: I know now. I wasn't, and you certainly aren't. You've never got any idea.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things where it's like being thrown out of a plane and trying to learn how to parachute while you're reading a handbook about it.
Speaker 3: Then halfway through the handbook there are no more pages.
Speaker 2: I put in a single bed into our house yesterday to compete with the chaos when it comes, because we don't have a spare bed in our house. Now we've got somewhere where we can go if one of us, yes, this is how I pitched it to be anchor as well. That's what she said. That's exactly what we've got.
Speaker 3: You've got your bed for this. But if do you need an escape bed.
Speaker 2: If nighttime feeds are getting chaotic and people can't sleep when you.
Speaker 3: See people one of the people, why would be chaotic for your wife? People?
Speaker 2: You we could either of us could go and get some rest. But that's so funny because the breastfeeds so noisy. It's not the same room. The single bed is down the back in my home office slash music room.
Speaker 3: Like all great offices lash bed. The kids used to have that where they had that bed above her desk. You got one of those.
Speaker 2: So I looked at the bun. I did consider the bunk set from adults. It was just too short from Otherwise, I would have loved to broadcast the show from the bottom of my.
Speaker 4: Being sort of six of my grown up then that short stepped down and then a fully functioning adult radio studio underneath Good Morning Melbourne.
Speaker 2: But Bianco accused me of making an escape pod that's just for me, But it's not. It is She can use it as well. If the baby's driving her nuts, I'll look after the baby. She can go into the single bed.
Speaker 3: Then you should let her go back to her nice you know bed, the double bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what if what if the chaos is happening during the night when we're in the oh, it will be exactly that's when it happens, and she might want to go and get some naps in in the scene.
Speaker 5: You won't be able to sleep. I think it's look, no, look I support you. I think it's great that you're thinking ahead. I think it's brilliant.
Speaker 3: But not thinking ahead.
Speaker 2: Do you know what's happening now?
Speaker 3: This is now the first time you've realized what's about that cracked the bed? Yeah, this escape pod bed. I've written down here three letters, SBT squeaky bum time he's gone from. Oh, I've done this. We've got this really too. It happened when it gets noisy, suck it up.
Speaker 2: It's a last resort. I'm not going to be using it every night.
Speaker 3: I'll never be allowed to go on it.
Speaker 2: No I will because if nights get particularly crazy and I know there will be lack of sleep here and there really crazy, then I can pull the escape cord and the single bed will be in the back of the head.
Speaker 5: It's not an escape room. You'll still be.
Speaker 3: Able to hear it. And then you've got a sister in law coming over, right.
Speaker 4: I just presume the single bed was for her to say she's coming over from America to be with her sister in this special time.
Speaker 2: I would love to after the single bed, but no. But remember I'm going to be broadcasting from home, and that's where my setup is.
Speaker 3: So on the bed.
Speaker 2: I have my sister in law behind me while I'm talking to you guys from my home office.
Speaker 9: This.
Speaker 2: She'll be on the couch. I'll be in the single bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on the couch.
Speaker 2: The couch has come st me.
Speaker 3: You'll get on the couch. I guess. Don't go sleeping on the couch. The host sleeps on the count.
Speaker 2: I need that room.
Speaker 3: Someone to a crumbling cliff. Oh, I could sleep in my bed squeaky sometime.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question you know Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We've all, no matter how much you enjoy your work, right, you all have moments when we get bored at work.
Speaker 18: Right.
Speaker 3: There is an amazing story from Russia, right that's coming overnight. A security guard right at a at the Yeltsin Center Boris Jeltson obviously years and years ago, and it was in the eighties, was the leader of well as it was then, the Soviet Union, and anyway, they've got loads of fine art there and he's on his first day as a job as a security guard overnight. Now, if you sign up to be a private security guard and you're looking after fine art, you know what two job things there really don't let them start then, and don't let anyone touch them. First day of the job overnight, Patsy, he gets a ballpoint pen out and on a piece of art which is worth a million and a half dollars right called faceless figures. He's looking at that, going bo. The artist must have forgot to put.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 3: I'm new here, but sometimes it needs a new way of thinking. Think outside the box.
Speaker 2: I'm going to appreciate my initiative if I just finished.
Speaker 4: I'm not a savage on the man assist. I won't use a big old felt tip or a sharpie. I'll get my ballpoint, I get my bick out and and two more perfect Now that now that is art.
Speaker 3: He's ruined them. Obviously, he's ruined them.
Speaker 4: They were worth a half million dollars. He is basically scribbled on them. He's defaced them. It's not putting ash on Mona Lisa.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he expects them the next morning when everybody comes back to the gallery and go, hey, that picture has eyes. Now there's somebody with anyone here over night.
Speaker 3: They were fine when we left here.
Speaker 4: And understand if he'd been doing that job twenty years and he's like I am so bored your first night or so he could have just got some paper out do that. Yeah, yeah, why put the old pen on the fine art? Anyway, this is an incredible story, right, So this morning wants to know two ways for this, right, what happened on your first job? By the way, spoiler, he's obviously been fired, no doubt.
Speaker 2: How could he buzz like that? All right, we're gonna let you do the morning immediately.
Speaker 3: After doing it, like, do you know what? Actually I really should have done that.
Speaker 2: I'll just go now, you'll have one more day to prove yourself. And we're taking all your pens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know you're on probation, by the way, so anymore of this to facing and if this, let this.
Speaker 2: Be the last one coming out of your story million and a half.
Speaker 4: You know when they asked for the police's badge and stuff like that and the gun and we're gonna need your big pen. We're gonna need that hand that over all. Right, So being bored at work? And what happened on your first job? Did anyone get actually fired on their first at work or make a big mistake? And what have you done when you're bored at work?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Podcast, Tony, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 18: We're all just a bunch of young guys, fifteen year olds, and we've all got a job at a at a sacrist soap so we're board. We threw soap all over the ground and we started doing donuts on a forklift, of course, and we lost control of a forklift that flipped. And because the hour of the place didn't know who we were. We're all working for cash, we just legged it. Lift the place, open, pork it upside down and lift the place. Yeah, soap all over the floor on the forklift on the side.
Speaker 3: Kids to get on those forec doing donuts with soap all over the floor. Yes, thank you? How much you go?
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: So what have you done when you've been bored at work? And what happened on your first day in your new job? Good morning, Brett?
Speaker 10: Okay, what guy go on? Good morning? I was halfway frevye shift. I was a facer delivery boy. For first note on a job. I had to go and do drop off and I went through a random bet a little bit too quick and wrote the car off and hit a tray and chip woman. What am I going to do this? I rang the light of morning. He came down and grab me and he said, let's grab the paces as well. So got a couple of three paces out of as well, and I never saw heard from him again.
Speaker 3: What he has left the car total on the roundabout?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just have to ride from random bit managed to get away an idiot. I want a bad driver and a bit of a face, but I'm not, you know, I've got to think about the other papers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people talk the way knows.
Speaker 10: Don't be caught an excellent.
Speaker 3: How are the pizzas? Though they're good pizzas.
Speaker 10: The first one was there all the second one was a little bit upso down making vanilla watch woods.
Speaker 2: Of glass and of the car.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Cool.
Speaker 10: Thanks guys, have a good one and you take care.
Speaker 3: Michelle.
Speaker 8: Hi, guys, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good Michelle? So what happened? Going for? What happened in your first day or board at work?
Speaker 8: First day, first full time job ever? I was nineteen, so it was a few years ago I got employed to working in an endoscopy center, you know where they do guesstroscopes and karnoscapes on patients.
Speaker 3: We're all familiar with the part of the body we're talking about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that part of the body. And so anyway, my first task for the day, and this has only opened three days. This center was brand new, clean, perfectly white. By the way as well, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I've gone there and there's mess all over, guys, clean up.
Speaker 8: This was beautifully painting.
Speaker 2: You got to stop going to that so cheap, so cheap.
Speaker 3: He's got big fingernails as well as well.
Speaker 8: This is a fread of dwelling clean white premises. And I was tasked with, let's say, emptying out the jar of gold at the back, and I accidentally kicked one overs one big jar everywhere. I had to get new shoes. I had to get me entire deep clean. You think you think they were deep cleaning during COVID This was three years was.
Speaker 4: Give you this joint don voucher for interval if you promise not to say anymore, please, I'm feeling sick.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: We've got a new team member joined the show last year and he's brilliant, right, it's called Perry. However, I've recently found out the last couple of hours that he doesn't like sour though. Now you might think this is a minor thing. It is, but you know, when someone says something so vehemently they don't like something that you actually do like you actually judged them differently.
Speaker 2: Boggles the mind and you can't really tell what's going on inside.
Speaker 4: It does boggle the mind, Jack, I thought Perry was a stand up guy. No, and who doesn't like sour dough.
Speaker 2: If we can't trust Perry about bread, what can we do?
Speaker 3: Where does that leave us?
Speaker 4: He's a guy in charge of our social posts, you know, can we trust to go doesn't like sour dough?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might be putting up you know, photos from the show, videos from the show, then anti sowdo stuff that we haven't even improved.
Speaker 3: He's spreading misinformation right here in the team. He's a sour dough denier. We can't have that.
Speaker 4: You guys all love sour do love. Yeah, it's up there on the Mount Rushmore. It's the first loaf to go up there on their bready Rushmore. Surely so this morning. Want to know, we can't be friends if you don't like what is it for you?
Speaker 3: Jack?
Speaker 9: For me?
Speaker 4: By the way, as well, if anyone says they've seen The Godfather and they didn't like it, I will never hang.
Speaker 3: Out with you. We won't talk about this, but I will freeze you out. We cannot be friends. Okay. In the Godfather, I have seen The.
Speaker 2: Godfather and I can't leave it there.
Speaker 3: Leave it there.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't dislike it.
Speaker 3: Leave it there.
Speaker 4: This is what broke up American rosso. It wasn't the Sockings. One of them went, I did not like The Godfather. That's it, it's over.
Speaker 2: Did not care for Marlon Brando's accent. Not believable to me. No, it wasn't a barrel of flaughs. I just don't jacket.
Speaker 3: It's comedy.
Speaker 2: I do want to see the new Jackular.
Speaker 3: Let's agree on that, all right, So Jack, what is it for you?
Speaker 2: We can't be friends if we don't like Okay, this seems immature about anyone who doesn't like Green Day. And I know they're my favorite band when I say that, but I feel like people who say they don't like green Day they haven't really sat with the catalog and listened to say, sat with the cattle, listened to the best album.
Speaker 4: They anyway, you've turned the pages and buy what Bejo Armstrong what You might have.
Speaker 2: Just heard the hits on the radio, but the b sides and the album tracks, there's there's lots of gold and there is Peter.
Speaker 3: Jackson doing let it be of a nine hour documentary about Green Day.
Speaker 2: I would watch nine hours, ninety hours, Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 5: I can't be friends. I don't know. With Lauren, one of my mates.
Speaker 4: It feels like we've been hanged my ten year old Lauren, this is what your ten year old speak.
Speaker 3: Likely I find out with Lauren today they were talking like that. There's stories, take ages, get on with it, kids.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could be Lauren taking.
Speaker 3: My lucky gold and my pencil case.
Speaker 11: You know what?
Speaker 5: She eats her pizza with a fork and knife. That bizarre.
Speaker 2: I ate pizza with a knife and for It's just weird, weird.
Speaker 3: It's just having manners.
Speaker 5: It's not an elegant meal.
Speaker 3: An legant the way you said it, Ellie.
Speaker 2: I would eat pizza at home with my hands, but if I'm at a restaurant, I would eat it with a knife and fork.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: No, I can't, Laura.
Speaker 5: I just can't get over it.
Speaker 4: Okay, who can't you be friends with if they don't like what is it for you? So Green Day for Jack Godfather and for me? And is it Laurens.
Speaker 3: Like Lauren?
Speaker 2: Sorry Lauren? If you're listening to the.
Speaker 3: What about people with massive hands?
Speaker 2: She doesn't have massive hairs.
Speaker 5: Michael Jackson had messy hair.
Speaker 3: We can't be friends if you don't like what is it for you?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: So Christian, I could be friends with someone who didn't so for listener and this morning and Alas Springs, Hello Angelana Springs.
Speaker 3: Christoph could be friends with someone doesn't have gravy on their roast.
Speaker 2: I don't have gravy. I'm not a big gravy fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like cheese on a pizza.
Speaker 2: I hate when people get gravy on chips because then I have to dig to the bottom together.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, treat, Why do you want to dry old roast?
Speaker 2: What is great? I don't even know what gravy is.
Speaker 5: It's all the stocks and all the it's the best bit, all the juices.
Speaker 3: It is flavor.
Speaker 2: I don't trust gravy.
Speaker 3: Gravy does not trust you.
Speaker 2: Wow, well you and Ange no friends?
Speaker 3: All right? Let's go to night.
Speaker 4: It's nine four one one four three. David, good morning, Good morning. How are we controversial scenes ago? This show has been torn apart. First of all, you're you're not quite sure about the Godfather and now you will have a gravyous roast.
Speaker 3: Hucky boy, that's true? Yeah, David, do you have gravy with your roast?
Speaker 14: I love gravy.
Speaker 3: We just become best friends.
Speaker 14: We are best friends.
Speaker 2: I'd implore you to try try a dry rose.
Speaker 3: Now why would anyone do that?
Speaker 14: What would it do?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Gravy? Go and go back? All right, David? With someone if they didn't.
Speaker 14: Like, oh, you can call them friends, maybe even an acquaintances. But I've got well, well let's call them acquaintances for the time then, because they don't drink coffee in the morning. But come on, who does not drink coffee in the morning?
Speaker 3: David? I think I've just unfriended myself. I can't. I can't have coffee too much.
Speaker 14: Do not have coffee?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 14: It is one of the most amazing things. We're in one of the best coffee places in the world. Melbourny is one of.
Speaker 3: The best coffee places I know. I know this.
Speaker 14: Oh you got here.
Speaker 16: You try it?
Speaker 3: Friendship, dude, what are you doing? Gravy? Let's meet up in the morning and have a gravy together.
Speaker 2: I hate seeing you.
Speaker 3: Like this, David.
Speaker 14: I've got I got the same mates. They don't like egg and bacon rolls in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh David, you got him to guess what I saw Christian order in person yesterday, an egg and bacon roll.
Speaker 3: Hold the it's too honey in there too, running.
Speaker 14: It's amazing. You've gotta have it with a bacon, mate, like it's amazing.
Speaker 3: The bacon's the star.
Speaker 2: Imagine me standing in a cafe with a man wearing a USB cable for a belt.
Speaker 3: Bacon a situation.
Speaker 14: Situation okay, the coffee, mate, you gotta get even even.
Speaker 18: Sweating up a little bit too.
Speaker 14: Sugars and some coffee make it.
Speaker 3: It's like a coffee fundamentalist, isn't he my sugar?
Speaker 14: I had my milk as well.
Speaker 3: Now is all going on and on.
Speaker 10: Coming in?
Speaker 3: Mate? Exactly like there we going Ben? Good morning, Benjita, Oh, good morning, good morning Ben. Ben.
Speaker 4: We can't be friends if you don't like I don't like? Why and what do I need to like for us to become friends. I've just lost a friend in David. We were really tight for about ten seconds.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, that's funny. I'm actually having a coffee right now.
Speaker 9: You can be.
Speaker 11: We can be friends, David. We can't be friends if you don't like I think if you don't like video games, I might extend that to like, you know, maybe board games or card games, but specifically I think video games because I don't know, if you're not having fun, what are you doing? I mean sports are fun too, but yeah, man, come here. If you're indifferent, that's fine. If you're indifferent, that's fine. If you despise them, If you despise them, we can't be friends now.
Speaker 3: Man, what is your kind of go to?
Speaker 4: Were you one of those you got your head sitting on a Friday night you're chating to your crew as you're taking down a fortress or castle whatever you do online there with a cane or bow and arrow.
Speaker 11: Oh go to Huh? That's interesting. Things change up a lot to me. I recently got back into a game called Monster Hunter, where you are well monster with.
Speaker 3: A grown up who plays stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, Ben, Carl Brighter, You're listening to the question Know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Sometimes our mums, bless them, say quite strong warnings. A lot of them are, aren't They often made up just to stop us doing something they don't want to do. So it's it's kind of like behavior they don't want, extreme situation will happen.
Speaker 3: That's the equation, isn't it. You know, it's like a really big threat.
Speaker 4: If you do a certain thing equals death or slow agonizing pain. Face is being stuck that way for life, losing your sight, taste, something happening to your stomach. It's all of that, isn't it?
Speaker 2: For me? Always, my mum didn't want us to drink out of soft drink cans because the fear of what's flying into them.
Speaker 3: And let's just let's just say this right. Nature is beautiful? What our vish past? What is the wasp's problem with us?
Speaker 2: That's what I see. This was the warning I always got that they would go down my throat and on their way down they would sting the sides of my throat.
Speaker 3: Come on, wasps, where does this come from? What are your problems? Wasps?
Speaker 4: That's what David Apps record his nets Netflix special. By the way, Patsy, what's it if you please tell us the Santa Claus One.
Speaker 5: Mum always threatened with us with Christmas Eve if we woke up before it was daylight to open our presents, that Senna would be there and he'd throw pepper in our eyes. So we were terrified.
Speaker 3: This it's like something of a horror movie.
Speaker 2: I can't see.
Speaker 3: I saw him and then.
Speaker 2: Take my sight with Pepper the happiest day.
Speaker 3: I was just so excited.
Speaker 5: It's like, don't you dare wake up or you'll be blinded.
Speaker 4: It also just means that basically had one sack for the toys and then some abundance of ground pepper on the belt on a pouch, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like a gun singer.
Speaker 4: So it's either president of Pepper, peel pee, take your pig kids, peel pee.
Speaker 2: And he's waiting for you behind the couch in case you come down before daylight.
Speaker 4: You sneaking in your eyes tap for Christmas, Santa out might drop.
Speaker 2: We were so scared.
Speaker 4: I have been terrified the thought of Santa, such a lovely guy, turning on you.
Speaker 1: Like the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're asking Swarning about your mum threats and warnings and things. Your mum said Christian things am said just from word, Greg, if you eat peanuts before bed, you will die.
Speaker 2: There's no even creativity with that one. Sometimes they linked to the thing like you watch too much time.
Speaker 3: You're picking up some tips about how to be a pair of Hey, don't do that. Oh you die?
Speaker 4: So do you want to die? You want to end yourself? Carry on doing that, young man. If you eat peanuts before ped you will die. Your body can't digest them and then you'll cough them back up and choke on them while you sleep. Greg lived above a pub. His mum and dad run the pub and they didn't want him going downstairs during the night eating all the peanuts that were miss sold behind the mark. This is what mums do, right. It was extreme, extreme action if you did the thing they didn't want you to do. So thank you very much for that, Greg, Ryan, my mom told me not to whistle at night, as it summons bads.
Speaker 3: He's genuinely frightening, aren't they bad spirits?
Speaker 2: The kids just trying to be happy.
Speaker 4: It's a joyous sounded child whistling. Obviously Ryan's mom didn't like it. What about Chris and his dad, sorry, his mum. If you point at a rainbow and it will disappear. Christian, I was told if you ever pricked yourself on a rose, my mom said you would die. I once landed in a rose bush when we my friends are mucking around, got up. There was a little thorn sticking out of my hand. I was running around screaming.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die in front of my friends. Christian.
Speaker 4: My mum warned me that if you look into a microwave whilst it's on, radio activity will burn your eyes out.
Speaker 2: It's the Subdley. I think that I like best about parents of Yesteryear.
Speaker 3: Rob says, I didn't realize this was a lie, my.
Speaker 4: Rou and then the classic from Simon. Wait at least sixteen minutes after eating a sandwich before we go back in the swimming pool. All right, No four one four one O four three Louise, Good morning.
Speaker 16: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? So what did your mom say?
Speaker 8: Well, she used to threaten us.
Speaker 16: She had five children, Christian in a small three bedroom house, so she used to threaten us. If we'd leave our things lying around, she'd open the back door and throw them out the back door. Well guess what she used to do it.
Speaker 3: I love you, mom. That is great. Carry out with those threats, carry out with them full commitment.
Speaker 16: I just wish that I used to do it to my quid. Yeah, yeah, I wish I did it, But no, I didn't have mum's chats. So yeah, to this day, I can still remember a Christian and yeah, I say good on your mom.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 16: And I'm fifty nine and I still remember it to this day.
Speaker 3: Christian, I spent a lot of time going out the back yard getting all your gear back.
Speaker 16: Yeah, definitely, definitely, so I say good on your mom.
Speaker 3: Awesome, all right, thank you very much, Luise. Let's go to Melinda. Thank you? How many times you said my name? By the way, I was doing a drinking again then I'm drunk, Melinda, Good morning this morning.
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? Yeah, Melinda, what did your mum say?
Speaker 9: I say it to my children. So when we go past a fast food outlet like macas or anything, and the lights are on, that means it's fully booked. And if you happen to go there, if you happen to go there, I've already pre.
Speaker 4: Booked table right it please normal table shirt, yes, jasus Valentine's.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I am pre book, sorry honey. But also we're supposed to the rise within the shopping cine. So those lights a flashing, it must be broken.
Speaker 7: It's going to be broken.
Speaker 4: Just light don't flash now, Melinda, right right now, you we're right slapping in the middle of the school on there are loads of mums making notes here.
Speaker 3: I think you come up with a great idea, Melinda.
Speaker 4: Thank you about will send you a two hundred dollar voucher for interflorawers.
Speaker 3: Must all right, Melinda, thank you very much. You killed very funny.
Speaker 9: Thank you well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast talking.
Speaker 4: This morning about mum threats and warnings. They are extreme, aren't they.
Speaker 2: Imminent death, imminent death, irreversible damage.
Speaker 4: It's irreversible death, death plus nine that you're going to get if you eat peanuts before your bedtime.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take some all of these. Who we got here?
Speaker 4: Chantel, good morning, good morning, How are you. I'm good, Chantelle? Thanks for calling in. And what's your mum's threat.
Speaker 9: When we're at the airport at the baggage claim and if I tried to walk on or put my feet on the baggage claim the floor.
Speaker 7: Burgler would come and rip my arms and legs off.
Speaker 3: That again, is something from a horror movie.
Speaker 2: As kids, they were so fascinated with that baggage claim. I really wanted to get on it and go back through the strap on the other side. Yes it was Narnia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, just underpaid people lugging suitcases. That's what's there, Narnia. Ahi chantel, thank you very much. What man's n I can easily arrange you to go and spend the day in that Narnia. They'd love to have another guy helping them out.
Speaker 2: Not so many lines.
Speaker 3: Joe, good morning, Good morning, Christian. Okay, we're talking about mom mornings today. What did your mom say?
Speaker 19: Well, it was actually myself and my young children would absolutely beg me to take them to the indoor play center. So I would pick up the phone, give them a call, pretend to give them a call, no call being made, and oh hello, good morning. Yes, oh gee, that's terrible. I'd hang up the phone and sadly say to the children, I'm sorry it's been closed because a child has had a little accident in the ball pit.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't just accept.
Speaker 3: It number one. Number two? Did they vomit or is it diarrhea?
Speaker 7: That's a little number two?
Speaker 3: You had that one ready? How many times you to do this now I'm just calling now, well many many times.
Speaker 10: Times.
Speaker 2: The kids are all your favorite start.
Speaker 3: Over the world. Daffy Ducks has followed through. We can't go, we can't go. This is amazing. Get the every day there was some other phone call that kids are going. It was so hard from our mum. Never just anywhere. The swimming pools have just been emptied.
Speaker 2: Let me guess, mom, another poo, Yeah, another pool.
Speaker 4: They've closed Tullo Marine Airport. Poos everywhere, all over the wrong way. I'm going to give you a two hundred dollars interval of voucher as well.
Speaker 19: Beautiful, thank you.
Speaker 3: I've just seard him into Flora shut down. Poo's in the bouquet.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast time waster.
Speaker 3: This has opened up the little trattoria. Today is world Pete today Pizza tonight for.
Speaker 2: The team Mad Pizza on Tuesday. Yeah, yeah, probably I can have a pizza again tonight.
Speaker 3: Yes, where do you go? Where's you go? Two places of pizza? Jack would you recommend.
Speaker 2: We've actually controversially changed our local pizza. How come that first guy is taking too long to come?
Speaker 3: That's a pizza crime.
Speaker 2: How long fifty minutes to an hour?
Speaker 3: I get really angry with that.
Speaker 4: I walk out on the street like that's going town.
Speaker 2: As if the bike could be turned over in a bush or something. And that's twice not here, And I name them?
Speaker 3: Where is your place?
Speaker 2: I got even name? Shane?
Speaker 3: No, no, the new place?
Speaker 2: New places name?
Speaker 3: And Shane? What the new one? The one that is blurred you over?
Speaker 2: Old school pizza on Nicholson Street.
Speaker 3: Gotcha all right?
Speaker 4: Top five most popular pizza toppings in Australia. Conto many love makes your sales charge for that plug as well? No one rise a free on this gravy train. Margarita at number one.
Speaker 2: No surprises love a magarina?
Speaker 3: Yeah wine?
Speaker 4: And number two yeah my favorite min Wow, Pepple's welcome at my pizza party.
Speaker 3: Put number three like that fancy number four salami?
Speaker 2: That's my go to Pepperoni?
Speaker 17: Is it?
Speaker 3: And number five the Aussie? Do you guys like the Australium?
Speaker 5: The love God loves an ass?
Speaker 4: I don't like the egg on the alright, so today we're looking for your pizza songs, songs that we might play in our trattatory that we've got here.
Speaker 2: Yes, what's the first one?
Speaker 3: Anchovy in the UK? Anchovy in the UK.
Speaker 4: Silver Madonna's got a song on our playlist. Yeah, don't cry for me, Margarita. Kenny Loggins has got a song on there as well, change a Calzoni, Silver, zz toppings, short dress, ham.
Speaker 2: O doubla, a couple of months of the show.
Speaker 4: Uh Ace of pizza, bass, all that cheese wants not a doubler and anything is it?
Speaker 3: Bronzeler.
Speaker 4: Phil Collins has got a song on there, and the old pizza playlists Cheesy Lover Gold and finally in the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle Hawaiian Sleeps Tonight.
Speaker 3: That's all she wrote. That's all she wrote. Okay, sorry, Pizza songs, Spice Girls.
Speaker 2: The next on the playlist Slice Up your Life? Oh yeah, Silver and then who did this song again? The Commodore's maybe cheesy like a Sunday morning.
Speaker 3: I just told the band to play up again. The Silver.
Speaker 2: Crumb as you are, crumb as you are a thing you associated if you get a nice cheese pizza, you get some crumbs, show hands crumb.
Speaker 3: If we did Family Fortunes, we ask ten people to tell you words that think of pizza, hands go.
Speaker 2: Fly, No, I think of crumb.
Speaker 3: No, none of us do.
Speaker 2: Well you guys, I wish I was you, because I have a crummy night when I have a pizza, and you guys don't next on the.
Speaker 3: With your crummy night tales. I'll tell you what is crummy? These time wasting?
Speaker 2: What about you have the deep pand what about Jimmy Hendrick?
Speaker 3: Oh no, boxy ladies singing?
Speaker 2: Hey do.
Speaker 3: We got the crumb? Served out with Carl Brighter?
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question, you know, Carl's show podcast Jackie By.
Speaker 4: Let's open the shutters, open up our little pizza tratatory that we're now running.
Speaker 2: You think if we ran a pizza shop, you'd be orders and waitressing or the house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, cooking the pizza make you all the magic happen. I'd call it some Hey, how about a pizza us?
Speaker 3: About a pizza us?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I don't know what the play on word is.
Speaker 3: How about a piece of us?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But is that the same? Yeah, it is crumbs alright, let's get into them pizza songs. You're into art. Yeah, let's go Besting Show. You're off to see crowded House. Let's go to Jason. Good morning there, Good morning Jason.
Speaker 10: Here a number one bites the crust?
Speaker 3: Christian here? What do you give for that? Jack's over there?
Speaker 2: Pretty obvious? Silver?
Speaker 3: Good to tell them off when you mark them as well, judge, judge pants.
Speaker 12: Matt Okaday, I've got gums and roses. You could be Hawaiian. You got to see it with the chorus you buy them, mister Lewis, you'll probably.
Speaker 18: Like that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's one we should take up for Monday. Actually, silver plus, thank you, Matthew Justin, Hey, hell a you Christian? I'm good Justin. What's your pizza song?
Speaker 14: Live in the Pineapple Loca by Ricky Martin.
Speaker 2: Not quiet, froze, t tough like Justin.
Speaker 3: Let's try Ben and Dean double acts here, Ben and Dean good a Christian.
Speaker 18: We've got Pizza Boy by Errol Hawaiian.
Speaker 8: Dean.
Speaker 3: That wow, that's going on.
Speaker 2: I'll give you gold just because I don't want to let Dean down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can take it very bad, all right, good thank you, Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: What's it?
Speaker 3: Good work, Paul, Good morning, paulats your pizza song?
Speaker 10: Good morning. I want crowd of house, Sam So I figure every week I always take the pepperoni with you.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it's the name is a hard topic, even though I struggled this morning.
Speaker 3: No no, no, come on, it's easy. Uh Amy, What have you got for us? Amy? Your pizza song?
Speaker 1: It cross be love love.
Speaker 2: This is a good one, crusty love.
Speaker 4: That's what we call the trattoria crust me love. Amy, very good, best so far. Amy's the want to beat guys.
Speaker 3: Zuk. Look now I asked, great name, strong name like that? What do you got? What do you got? What you got? What's your pieces on?
Speaker 10: I've got Metallica with Antipan Man.
Speaker 3: We're finding them now, well done? Can we keep it up? Janet? What have you got for us?
Speaker 1: John?
Speaker 9: Wayne's just like starting temper chois on.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's like starting over to work it out. S Sorry about that.
Speaker 2: It was one of his big ones.
Speaker 3: It actually was.
Speaker 4: It was, Uh, Tim, you gotta sit with a John can of Sorry Tim, with some inter show stuff.
Speaker 3: Ye, what is it all?
Speaker 14: Good mate?
Speaker 15: I've got a Dele Hello from the other floors.
Speaker 3: That's good as well, well done. Tim love that one. Tiffany, Hey, Marcaria of course very good and the performance Tiffany Yes, Chris.
Speaker 14: Being counter classic. We don't talk ter Gun normal.
Speaker 2: Chris.
Speaker 3: My love that. Sharon? Hi, Shaow, what have you got for us?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 15: I feel like a pizza?
Speaker 3: Very basic there.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's so minimalist that it's a.
Speaker 3: Good It's like you've deconstructed everything. Wow, like a pizza.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's Are you sure?
Speaker 3: We may be staring in the face of greatness here was Sha You're.
Speaker 2: A close runner up, Sharon, but I'm gonna give it to Enter Panman.
Speaker 3: Yes, bye bye Sharon.
Speaker 2: What did she mother under her friend don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: She said, all right, tomorrow's show today, tomorrow the show there. We've been doing a knockoff Friday and tomorrow. In one of the songs that reminds you of your first love, Valentine's Day on Monday was starting early on Friday.
Speaker 3: The song reminds you of your first love, Jackie boy, what is it for you? Take us there?
Speaker 2: My first love? In high school, we tried to learn the white stripe song Blue Orchid Together.
Speaker 3: I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 2: That's me on guitar and singing.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing. I'm guessing she she's on drums. No, I went to the girlfriend. Did she leave quickly after?
Speaker 2: She didn't leave because she didn't leave because under joined the dots man. I wanted us to play at the end of the Talent show, but she didn't want to.
Speaker 3: Maybe at the end of this year.
Speaker 4: Last year it was Huckey singing, you can do this at the end of the year. Okay, all right, then you can email now song that rives you your first love. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast