Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Well that is good news.
Speaker 3: Where the world things?
Speaker 4: Ah, do you know what any expansion pats Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning Monday morning.
Speaker 4: The big news. She is back, Patsy, Welcome back to the show him, Patty.
Speaker 2: Great to be back.
Speaker 5: Now, Patsy. Lots of messages every single day.
Speaker 4: I know you. Obviously someone was sent with it to you, but every single day people were wanted.
Speaker 5: To know where you were, why you were suddenly away.
Speaker 4: Everyone knew you were in lockdown, and then suddenly they're never heard from you again. And obviously in breakfast radio normally that means someone's been showing the side door.
Speaker 5: And we never ever. I always find that so weird.
Speaker 4: We don't do it like that in the UK where somebody has spent a lot of time with for years, pretend to be best mates and suddenly they're never mentioned why they never existed? Now where the business would treat someone like that to ever mention that person who was on the show for fifteen years ever again. So perhaps you didn't leave the show, but you have had quite a seven days.
Speaker 2: I had quite a seven days, so we were isolating because we had a Tier one site being our daughter's school, so we had to isolate for fourteen days. But then that was highlighted last week about this time last week actually having to call an ambulance for my husband. He's okay, but when I woke up for work Monday morning, he came in with chest pain and said we need an ambulance. So he's okay, but it was quite traumatic. Can I say?
Speaker 5: It must have been so hard?
Speaker 4: So obviously the good news is Chris is okay. Yes, right, But obviously you had to say goodbye to him while they taken away, and you can't go with him because you've obviously got isolate.
Speaker 2: Still, it was horrendous. Well, you can't go to the hospital anyway because of lockdown, but then there was a double layer on that because we were isolating. I'm not meant to be even outside of the house, so it's really difficult seeing, you know, this person you've been with for thirty years just bundled into the back of a MICA ambulance and taken away and you can't be there just to hold their hand and comfort them. It was horrible. It was not nice, but yeah, he is okay, but it was incredibly hard. Couldn't be there for the whole week in hospital with him. It was just a series of phone calls and texts with him when he was awake. And yes, it's been hard. So wake up, cool, wake up col Yes, most definitely a wake up call. Although he's very, very healthy and in fact just had a stress test on his heart once he turned forty five a few years ago, just as routine with our GP, perfectly fit, in fact, surprisingly fit. But it is a wake up cool because he's at that age, he's forty nine, So guys, if you emulate forties, it is time to.
Speaker 1: Go and get a check up.
Speaker 5: Christian, have you bring all of us in our late forties page.
Speaker 2: It's the age you know, he's never smoked, he's been relatively fit, could be fitter, but just go and get checked because it is. It's it's a blessing in a way because now he's undergoing tests and if there's an issue there, we get it addressed. And we've had that second chance. And unfortunately not a lot of people do get a second chance.
Speaker 5: And so what's changed have you made some?
Speaker 2: Oh, there's been big changes Oh.
Speaker 4: God, poor Chris.
Speaker 5: This is the worst thing. This is what I fear of. Something this happened to me.
Speaker 4: My wife would really the chance of taking utter control of my life. All the good times are open. Well, don't you are going through that drive through ball?
Speaker 5: Do you know what Carton low alcohol for you?
Speaker 4: For the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: There's been no alcohol, There's been no coffee. Mind you. This is a fellow now.
Speaker 4: I know. Chris didn't get released from hospital through Thursday. Was he just sort of begging them, please don't let me go back one more Dayesday was texting, don't come.
Speaker 3: Pull out the plug.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to go. No is living, It's going to be salad.
Speaker 2: He was having eight to ten short blacks a day.
Speaker 4: Who Patsy this last week?
Speaker 2: And that is and I've been I hate to say, but I've been saying, dull, that's not good. You can't have that many.
Speaker 3: Coffees, even ten coffees a day.
Speaker 2: So I've thrown out the pods.
Speaker 4: But he had he has to do to cope with Patsy's demids about how to have a flipping egg.
Speaker 2: No, but I cleaned the last week.
Speaker 4: That's all. I kept worrying about it. You were sat there going where's the head coming?
Speaker 2: But I cleaned We both did actually clean the pantry out at the weekend. Everything went out that was unhealthy and it is gone. If it's not in the house, it can't be eaten. And we've started a little light exercise program which is well over due.
Speaker 4: Like exercise, serving the old Jane fond of videos and I do mean video in the VHS.
Speaker 5: Chris, there issued a time three.
Speaker 4: I don't need some old.
Speaker 5: Kale Patsy times my next.
Speaker 3: Cold breast juice sugard boy, Chris, you can have a rice cracker.
Speaker 4: Five more birdies.
Speaker 2: No, this is a whole new approach for all of this to get healthier. It's a good opportunity to get healthier and that's what we're doing.
Speaker 4: We're sure the best with it. Good luck. I give it four weeks.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Watch Out Brisbane twenty thirty two. The new team Pats and Chris in that mixed relay over the weekend. So many highlights from the games. I love the chaos and the trauma, our first time they've ever done it in the pool.
Speaker 5: The mixed relay, the.
Speaker 3: Mixed medley relay. I love that should be across more sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know in the I watched a lot of judo over the weekend as well. They're doing the they're doing mixed team. Shame is they're not all fighting at the same time. I would like to have seen that, you know, just an eighth person like.
Speaker 5: School bundle.
Speaker 4: As people come flying on. The mixed relay wasn't good. I've never done it thus before. I don't know if you saw it, Pert, you might have been doing some of the canisenetics at the time. It's the chaos started when the commentations. I've got to say in Thorpe has done an amazing job. Oh miss him, Yes, and Basil. Him and Basil deserve their own spin off TV show. I don't know what it is yet. They can commentate about whatever they want. But quite an odd couple of times because sometimes Basil obviously doesn't have this huge experience as a great Olympian as quite Ian Thorpe does. Sometimes Bassa will say something and even just quietly go it's not quite like that. I love that tension between them. Thorn being Basil show based Channel seven. But when the commentators went and so China going to be in laying one. They're going man man woman man man. Okay, the Animal Australia are going woman man woman. Were like, hang on a minute. And then there's four more countries, all with different starting orders of what where, where the men and women are coming.
Speaker 3: And when somebody's in a swimming cap, it's really hard to tell if it's in the pool, so you don't know who's really racing.
Speaker 4: It had Once it started right, it was amazing. It felt like some sort of craze school into schools competition, you know, one those garlas where you don't quite know what's going on, but god, it's exciting and I love that. The other highlights on the other weekend, I really thought talk about a modern sport that really represents, I guess the new spirit of the new generation, next generation of sports to keep their younger people hopefully engaged with competing in the Olympics. The BMX freestyle, I thought was one of the highlights for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, best news sport for me, I reckon in the Olympics this year, and one of the highlights for the whole games. I loved, starting from the women's one, which was I had no idea what freestyle was no, I never.
Speaker 4: I have never seen it before. It's the first time at the Games. They did the women's one first of all in them as a girl for Great Britain. One gold in the end called Charlotte Worthington, and just she rooshed everything on some move that they said had never been done before, the iron lotus.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it's called.
Speaker 3: And he was training in secret, so none of the others writers even knew as the possibility of a trick and she pulled it off, which was amazing. And then the man, oh my god, in the Australian Logan Martin.
Speaker 5: Who is from a race called Logan. My head is spinning.
Speaker 4: That a guy it shares his name where the place he's from, Logan is from Logan.
Speaker 3: It was born in Logan Hospital.
Speaker 5: Yes, I find this amazing.
Speaker 4: But Logan Martin, do you know he'd built a seventy thousand dollars replica of that bowl of whether they were in in his backyard Queensland.
Speaker 3: It shows because he knew he was just so far ahead of the rest of the pack. He'd already won it by his first like you get two shots at it, and he'd already won.
Speaker 4: It about all the moves when they're commentator, right. And it's strange sometimes watching an event that isn't a race, because then you know who's won. There's judges who are invisible, and you go, I don't know what they're looking for, and the commentators go triple flair of course into reverse.
Speaker 5: And you're like, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, I probably would have done that myself. I just started with the reverse then gone into triple flair.
Speaker 3: But look, he's logan, I'm just looking at how many times they spin in the air, spinny thing, and he's like, wow, he landed on the crank wheel rather than the pedal, so that's going to lose him points. Yeah, but he spun forty times in the air.
Speaker 5: That's what. And they could be making up phrases. None of us would know.
Speaker 4: One point, the guy went disconnect and I'm like, was he talking to an engineer or was that a move? At one point the guy went, oh, my god, to be happy with that. It's a five forty, And I went, so, I know a three sixty. What's the five forty?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: One guy did a ten eighty. What what's ten eighty that's four full rotations.
Speaker 4: And also, did you notice right they're only wearing the flimsy flimsies of crash helmet right, was in taekwondo, and that they're basically in a fat suit, right, trying to.
Speaker 5: Tap each other in the head.
Speaker 4: They're going like fifty foot up in the air, spinning the bike around five times. They've got they should be in the taekwondo people, they should just have the crash helmet.
Speaker 5: I love that. I thought that was great.
Speaker 4: And then the tough luck to the young kid in the semi finals, and it really was.
Speaker 5: Bruce is amazing.
Speaker 4: You see, first time i've heard Bruce McAvaney in his natural element doing athletics at the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Legendary commentator, Like, God.
Speaker 4: He's so good, he's just champagne. It all just flows, it's sparkle. He knows everything, and he's so calm and he's fluid with joy to listen to him watch.
Speaker 3: I loved the comment he made after Ryan Browning he's the young Australian kid who's the sprinter in one hundred meters, crossed the heat first on Saturday night, which for Australians we've never seen Australia finish one hundred meters sprint a head. So it was just wime bloy.
Speaker 4: It was amazing last night. I've got the fee of the Australia. We're watching it. When Bruce went, this is the race that is stopping the nation right now, I thought, I hope people are all cheering him on.
Speaker 3: And then on Satnday night, when he crossed the heat first, Bruce said, we've got one, We've found one. And I loved that, and I hope Rian Browning goes on and we see him again in Paris and he's improved because I loved watching him. He's such a legend of a guy.
Speaker 4: My advice would be, you know, I looked at all the others was up against right and they all had shaved heads. He's got flipping.
Speaker 3: Money, it's holding him back.
Speaker 5: Just spot with.
Speaker 4: Aero dynamics, shaveet and shave a couple of seconds off your time.
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Amazing scenes over the weekend from the women in the pool, Emma mceummin's just incredible, the whole team as well. Can we all agree the most miserable event to watch is the steeplechase I feel sorry for the people doing it.
Speaker 5: It's not just.
Speaker 4: That great big girl. Oh god, it's another bloody one. Why did we torch it with the water the other side?
Speaker 3: It's so unnecessary.
Speaker 4: You ever tried running it's a cross country at school with soggy feet, I would hate that. It feels like a formal torture. Like we've done this in Criminals.
Speaker 3: We didn't steeple chase even start. It feels like back in the day it got flooded a little bit, the track up flooded and someone said, no, no, no, that's the draining system works. That's part of that. That's actually a sport.
Speaker 4: It has to film that whatever that drop is, that ditch with water for that running? Why not I have the one hundred meters The first fifty is through water, right to see how hard we all then once you get to get back on land. Now steeple chase, this seems The other thing that I love that they're still doing as well is the eight hundred meters right is two laps, and those people who are training it and running it, they know it's two laps. Why are they still doing off the first lap that bell gets wrong on I lost count I thought it was lap twenty two, but the bell's wrong, thanks Buddy.
Speaker 3: I thought for a second there about the world record by forty second.
Speaker 4: So it's another one of these two laps I've been training for all my life. Yeah, amazing that bell utterly pointless. All right, the Gold of Thon, it's back week two in the Gold of Thon. This means every time team was trying to win gold, you win a golden washing machine. Thanks to EANs, you get the gold medal. Feeling with Ean s week one, Jackie Boy, a huge week last week fourteen in Australia and the Gold of Thorn.
Speaker 3: Well, we went out of control on Monday with the first gold going to the women's four by one hundred. We thought a washing machine per gold medal hung around Australian next is only fair and then we got four ft in the rowing and another four in the men's role with Patsy.
Speaker 4: On Thursday at Peach we had to give away nine golden washing machines, Jackfit.
Speaker 3: So seventeen have been given out all together so far, with another nine today. So congratulations to Matt, Alice, Kirsten, Brett, Barb Dion, Jay, Nathan, Justin Joanne, Alison, Richard, Ivonne, George, ra Luke, Belinda and nine more to come this morning.
Speaker 4: So we have nine golden washing machines to be one this morning. Here's how we're going to give away this morning's going to give them actually to frontline nurses. We're reminded last year and we're still reminded now how important they are to keep Melbourne safe. So frontline nurses, we want to give you the nine golden washing machines for everything you do for us. Now, the way we're going to do this is very easy. All you have to do is to send us a text with your name and where you work. That's it, and then in about twenty minutes time we will call you. All you have to do is pick up within five rings, just like the iconic rings, the five rings at the Games. You just have to pick up within five rings. That's all you have to do in twenty minutes time. All right, good luck, All right? Textas now then frontline nurses, if you know any frontline nurses, because they work these really long shifts, they.
Speaker 5: Need golden washing machines to clean the uniforms.
Speaker 4: Pick it up within five rings. We will give you one of the nine Golden washing machines.
Speaker 1: Good luck Christian know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: When you wake up the morning, I think we will do the same thing where you just have that drop down, don't you have like what is there today?
Speaker 5: Specially money's I what is there this week?
Speaker 4: I can look forward to hanging over me today at midday, two feelings waiting for me. When you know you start the week with two fillings at midday, you know, oh god, I'm still scared of the dentist. And the scariest thing with the dentist is the dreaded fillings.
Speaker 3: I didn't know they still did feelings. I thought they might have new technology now that they.
Speaker 5: Didn't, such as.
Speaker 4: Have you seen unemployed dentists and my your local dentists and they're boarded up closing down cell dental equipment for sell. No, they're doing very well, whether all the abundance of it of sugary drinks and snacks right now. No, it's still a boom time to be a dentist. So today I was meant to have one of these feelings two years ago, and I have to be on. So I've ignored every caller, reminder, a letter.
Speaker 3: You haven't been to the dentist in two years.
Speaker 4: No, I have. But there the lady kept saying, don't forget. You do need to come for that filling. You know it's not urgent, but you should do it and wait to find out about other things and that, And then sadly they rumbled me. My wife has become friends with our local dentists, and she went, by the way, your husband, it's meant to have a feeling for two years.
Speaker 5: You went, what.
Speaker 4: My wife confronted me?
Speaker 5: Last week? My wife went, I went, oh, look, well.
Speaker 4: I'll give the call next week again, buy another couple of days to put it in. She went, no, no, no, midday Monday, already booked it in view. I went, lovely, great, yay, double feelings, double feelings, lucky me.
Speaker 5: I can't wait the big old giant needle. And that it's the noise, isn't it?
Speaker 4: And then that's sensation going in there?
Speaker 5: And have you had feelings as an adult?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I only had one as a kid, and I can hardly remember it now. I just get in that that clean, which is pretty easy. They just put the little vacuum in their ways, stuck around.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: And we begin to get in week two.
Speaker 4: On the Golder Thorn, every time two must tread a wing gold You wing gold, a golden washing machine. Friday lunch time. I surprised our first lucky recipient, Bob. What a surprise she got some reading Tom approduce a blindfolded her, let her out of building. She was shaking, and I think we did not do well this ball. Why is she blindfolded?
Speaker 3: And of course because she's got a COVID mask on as well. It actually looked like she had someone's going to.
Speaker 5: Call the police, right look, so Rob for me and this was there.
Speaker 4: I was there.
Speaker 5: There were five other dudes.
Speaker 4: When she took the blindfold off, blinking into the midday sun, there were seven dudes stood around her going, ah say, and then there's a flipping great golden washing machine outside her flats. Oh yeah, the first winner lived up the top of the flats. I had to leave for that, but otherwise it would have helped those guys take it up. And I had some appointments to go to, all right, So the God of Thon continues Week two. We have because of the amazing efforts over the weekend nine golden washing machines to give away this morning's nine.
Speaker 5: All of them are going to frontline nurses.
Speaker 4: Nurses, all we need you to do is text us your name where you work to oh four seven five three one oh four three, and then stand by phone. We will call you represented the five rings, that iconic image of the games. You're just gonna pick up your phone when we call you in five rings? Are we ready to begin? Yes? So they pick up, say third ring?
Speaker 3: Yep, they go hide Kim. You say, do you know that?
Speaker 4: Do you pick up your phone? Do you say your names straight?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I don't have to pick up I forgot it's Christian.
Speaker 3: They say hello. You say, hey, is that Kim? Question mark?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're gonna call Kim. It's again called Kim. It's a game called is that Kid?
Speaker 3: They say yes, and then I think on all together, we should say gold.
Speaker 4: Now, Patsy, this is your first time and giving away this. We've been doing this all last week, so you we need synchronized DJing here, right.
Speaker 5: So I go, who is this? Ye Taralia?
Speaker 3: Yep, God, oh my god. That's different than how I you say you say that, You go, who's this? You say sorry, Kim question Mark, like.
Speaker 5: What's what about Tarlia?
Speaker 3: Now Talia knows she's first in line, and she's already gonna win.
Speaker 5: Call her third.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Talia, you go, is this Talia that it's Diane. She says, yes, yeah, altogether we say gold Yeah.
Speaker 4: Patsy got that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got it.
Speaker 4: So the moment they say their.
Speaker 3: Name, now you say their name, they just confirmed might saying their name because you know it, because it's written there.
Speaker 5: Gotcha. All Right, We're ready, team ready, we can do this.
Speaker 4: Are the chaos of the mixed three day? All right, I'm calling how you calling him?
Speaker 5: Who is it?
Speaker 3: Rachel?
Speaker 4: Five rings?
Speaker 5: That's one?
Speaker 4: Is that Rachel?
Speaker 6: It is Rachel Christian god.
Speaker 5: Machine.
Speaker 4: Woa, Rachel coming down.
Speaker 6: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Wait, don Rachel, where do you work mate?
Speaker 7: I work for wou Be Messy Hospital in the pediatric cords.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 5: Thank you for everything you and your team too.
Speaker 4: Please enjoy the small gift of thanks a golden Bosh washing machine.
Speaker 5: Enjoy dang, thank you so much. Pleasure. Are you at work, Rachel?
Speaker 4: You're at home?
Speaker 2: I just got to work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm doing a morning chief.
Speaker 6: So this is really good timing.
Speaker 5: Awesome all right, we have a good day today, and thanks everything you do. Rachel dumb thank you so much. What Rachel?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: So one giving away you ready? Yep? This is Amy gotcha?
Speaker 3: Okay, two people? Like accidentally called two people.
Speaker 5: I didn't know you could do that with the phone. What the hell is happening now?
Speaker 4: Amy? Yes?
Speaker 5: What you doing with someone else?
Speaker 3: Amy and Tarlia are both there?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Say hello Amy?
Speaker 1: Hi Christian Tarlie are you there?
Speaker 5: I am high Christians still do I just go with it?
Speaker 4: God machine. How exciting is that.
Speaker 5: It's a collection of nurses?
Speaker 3: Amy? Are you excited?
Speaker 7: To very excited?
Speaker 4: This is good news. Okay, Tarlia? Where do you work? Actually?
Speaker 8: I work for Ambulance Victoria.
Speaker 4: Awesome, Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Amy, Amy, where do you work?
Speaker 7: I work for Western House?
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. All you do, ladies, you've just you a golden washing machine each well done? Great you legend, Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you very much, have a good day.
Speaker 4: Thank you you too appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Thanks, have a great day.
Speaker 3: Do you want one more?
Speaker 5: Are you done? Set up a zoom meeting now with all the listeners, Let's try one more.
Speaker 3: This is Tash how did you even to sorry, alazing skills.
Speaker 5: This is hello, this is Tash, Yes, God washing machine.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you so much, pleasure Trash.
Speaker 1: My washing machine has just desperately a new one.
Speaker 4: Al right, p old washing machine, say hello to the brand new golden Bosh.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Bless your Tash.
Speaker 4: You at work?
Speaker 5: What do you work, mate? Brilliant place?
Speaker 4: Okay, Tash, thank you very much for everything you do in your team as well, and all your colleagues.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Oh our pleasure. How many are we giving away?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 5: Four? Okay, we'll do it again in an hour's time.
Speaker 4: So, nurses, all we need to do to the next hour because I just said that I could do it an hour's time.
Speaker 5: Should we really should rehearse the show sometimes.
Speaker 3: By by seven thirty we're gonna have this damn path.
Speaker 5: I can't promise that chat.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have two friendings at midday, nurses, just texting your name and where you work and we'll call you again in an hour's time. We got five five more Gude morn to giveaway. Cal a brighter.
Speaker 1: Now you're listening to the question, you know Carl's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Beautiful Weather over the weekend. I have to say, your winters are a lot easier than English ones. I couldn't believe yesterday I went for a walk down the beach. All right, so today's show, this is how we're giving away all nine of our golden washing machines. They are going to the people keep the city safe and they are frontline nurses. So nurses, all you have to do, or anyone who lives with the is married to a nurse, please don't know we're doing this. Just text USh four seven five three one oh four three. All you need on there is your name and where you work, and then in about forty five minutes time we will call you. You've got to pick up within five rings like those are iconic rings for the logo of the games, and we will give you how many we got left, five left, five left, So we're doing that run about quarter to eight.
Speaker 5: So just text us on four seven five three one oh four to three. Now over the weekend.
Speaker 4: In my house, can't go into too many details, it's not really my story to share. However, Headline is dealing with a touched on this Friday break up for one of the kids and it's the first relationship, and we all remember what that's like when you've broken up for the first time. Stays with you, you always remember. It's a formative experience. We all went through it. And for me, there's always that song that I reminds you of the person, or there's that song that you reddished in playing over and over again like a miserable song. There's almost something gravitationally attract if it pulls you into the misery of just repeatedly almost wanted to sit in it all.
Speaker 5: So perhatsy. What's it for you?
Speaker 4: What's the song that reminds you of your first ever breakup?
Speaker 2: It's Wendy Matthews The Day you went away?
Speaker 4: Oh the team, We've got this one?
Speaker 5: That's it?
Speaker 4: Oh boy?
Speaker 5: Three producers, one song?
Speaker 3: How do we even get those two songs mixed up?
Speaker 4: What's this one for now? I need to know why?
Speaker 5: And you got this weekend when we touched I'll go with it.
Speaker 4: Why is there some of your weekend and a song?
Speaker 2: Because Christopher's my rock and we came out of six and we talked about it. I was not here on the show last week. There was a very good reason why, because he was this time last week, rushed to hospital with chest pain. He's fine, he is okay, his undergoing test just to make sure that everything's fine. But his heart rate was like over two hundred when it all unfolded. So it was a bit traumatic and I knew things were serious when the paramedics and gosh, they're amazing, those paramedics. When they got there and said, I think we need Mica back up, and I thought, okay, this isn't just indigestion. So he was taken to hospital and it was very, very hard seeing your partner put in the back of a hospital in an ambulance and taken away and you can't be with them because well you can't go to hospital during the lockdown as it was. Plus we were isolating because we've been exposed to a Tier one site, which is why I was working from home up to that point.
Speaker 5: So how terrifying for you all it really was? And what do you tell Audie?
Speaker 2: Well that was really difficult because I thought, what am I going to tell her? Because you know, it's a role reversal in our house because I'm normally on the show. Obviously I'm at work at that time of day, I'm never home for breakfast except on weekends, and so she's going to get a shock to see me home. And she came in and said, you know, where's Daddy? And I really thought he'd be home that day, so, you know, on reflection, I probably should have just told her the truth, but because she's quite a clever little girl, but I said, look, Daddy didn't feel well, so he's just gone to the doctor to get checked out. He'll be home later today. But then, of course is the day stretched out, and it became obvious that Daddy wasn't coming home today. I had to tell her the truth, and I felt awful. I should have told her the truth, but you know, in that sort of situation, it's almost like fight or flight, and you do what you think is right as a parent. But it was awful. We couldn't go see him. I couldn't have contact with the cardiologists or anything at the Western Health at Foot's Gray, who are an absolutely brilliant team, and everyone in Icee. You being on the other side of it, you know, like we all talk about how wonderful our first responders are. I've just had that first hand experience. These people angels walking around this earth. They just have a way of it's not in the words they use, it's in the manner of just calming you and you know, relaying clear message to you, but just keeping you calm. And these people are amazing what they do.
Speaker 4: Well, you called them like three a m. Three third and they were there within three minutes. They were there, And the.
Speaker 2: Same with the Micah, the Micah colleagues. I think they were there and under they were there what felt like three minutes, and when you're in that situation, just a minute can feel like an hour. But they were there.
Speaker 4: I did. I did.
Speaker 2: And when they hooked him up and I thought it all be fine with you know the mobile ACG and stuff, Well it actually wasn't fine. It was beating over two hundred so he wasn't having a heart attack, thankfully. It could have been far far worse. And you know what, there's a lot of people this is it. You know, it's life. This is what happens. It's just life. I'm not saying because I'm on the radio that I'm any more special having experienced this, but it's life. And you know, he's that age, he's forty nine, and you know, we've got a lot of listeners in that age. If your husband or your partner is that age, if you of that age, Christian, you're that age, you need to get checked out. And I think the thing is your mind. You think you can still treat your body like you're in your twenties. You're kind of a bit in denial, aren't you. It's like, well, hey, I'm nearly fifty. I need to start looking after myself. I do need to exercise more regularly, get more of a work life balance, and dedicate make yourself your number one priority instead of you know, I think for Chris Audrey and I are his priority of course, which I get, but he needs to start putting himself first. He's always putting us first. But yeah, it's just probably a timely reminder and a blessing as well.
Speaker 4: My lovely answer to why this song means so much.
Speaker 5: I get it now.
Speaker 4: It's love to have you. But I'm very very pleased to hear that Chris as well as well. And I know you've really start to make some big changes. But honestly, what you've just said, Patsy as relatable to so many of us. Even last week when I spoke to you and we talk about wake up calls and how it could have been a lot worse for Chris and you guys an order and luckily he's back home. He's going to be okay. Some changes, but well done, Pantcy. Thanks for sharing that. Thank you all right, So loved to have you back on the show as well The Christian O'Connell show podcast So Else this Morning. What is the song that reminds you of your first ever relationship? Breakup?
Speaker 5: Jack post? What is it for you?
Speaker 3: When I break up with my first long term girlfriend. I was in the peak of my EMO stage in the mid two thousands, which was the popular craze the teenagers in the mid two thousand.
Speaker 4: Describe first of all, the email look for the young Jack.
Speaker 3: I didn't go full emo, so the full EMO was black hair with the fringe swiped over the face. I tried black hair for lo.
Speaker 5: Were you half eemo?
Speaker 4: I was half.
Speaker 3: I was on the half femoe bottom half female.
Speaker 5: You were just bottom half female?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I had the type black jeans, very extremely tight jeans, and.
Speaker 5: That was your commitment to the EMAO. Look, hey, guys, I'm like you.
Speaker 4: Look at these jewels. I've made a bit of an effort. Well bleach a nod to emo.
Speaker 3: You can't do curly hair, and like there's no goth look for curly hair, and so the even though I pride black hair for a.
Speaker 4: Little bit, it didn't really look for a struggle.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it was like Hamilton the Musicals just rewrite itself.
Speaker 3: My chemical romance. This song is a big emo song and in two and five.
Speaker 5: Heavy rotation, heavy rotation, after a break song.
Speaker 3: This was it's not really about a breakout, but there's a lot of emotion in it.
Speaker 5: In the bedroom yep, curtain's drawn.
Speaker 3: Curtains drawn, CD player up as loud as I can go, which isn't very loud because there's a piece of crap bass boost on, which was a little function.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: The song for me is this first relationship breakup.
Speaker 4: And I played this no word of a lie. It would have been like listening to Nova every hour. This came around on heavy rotation. I was like, you're singing to me Robert, you know, Robert Smith of the Cure. I hate this song anyway, it would just yet upstairs in my bedroom.
Speaker 5: Turn this crap off. It's not helping open the curtains.
Speaker 4: They would come in randomly like an intervention, and just open the curtains and go, there's a beautiful world out there, Son, get out there, and I would just the money's gone.
Speaker 5: I'd slam the door behind him and turn this crap off, son, so helpy.
Speaker 3: I think we had the same experience fifteen or twenty years apart, because the cure was the emo face.
Speaker 4: I hope young kids are still getting over breakups by listening to this.
Speaker 5: It's a great song, right.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian Connell Show podcast, what's.
Speaker 4: The song that reminds you of your first ever breakup? They stay with us, Christian my first breakup song? Sure, if I could turn back time? I love going through it is looking at the song thinking, yeah, I get that. You can imagine that makes sense, doesn't it? Just to keep playing that, If only I could turn back time. Some of the one's that are coming in China in your hand by Tapao. My best friend at the Community Center Disco, Jane, took.
Speaker 5: Me in to louse, shook me and said get over it. I did preach, sister, what a song?
Speaker 4: Obligators? Car of that? What about this one?
Speaker 5: For Natalie?
Speaker 4: Came on the car radio as my seventeen year old now ex boyfriend was driving me home after dumping me.
Speaker 3: That is that's a fasty ride home.
Speaker 4: A live soundtrack to it all an awkward hello cover guy, I'll drop you off. Brutal Ben played this song by Guns and Roses Christian. I think it was more for dramatic effect than actual heartbreaks. All about the drama then Guns and Roses Patience.
Speaker 5: Great song. I can imagine this scene in the bedroom, can't you.
Speaker 4: All right? Let's go to lines No. Four one four one O four three. Good morning, Jane, Morning.
Speaker 7: Christian Morning Team hichat, Hey glad that your your love God is feeling much better.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jane.
Speaker 5: He's going to be even more love than normal forward. You have superhuman loving powers.
Speaker 9: He deserves it.
Speaker 4: Jane.
Speaker 7: Yes, my breaks up breakup song Christian was by an American band called Winger in the eighties and it was called miles Away, very sad song, very powerful ballad.
Speaker 5: Oh never heard this, but I will be listening to this today.
Speaker 4: I know a power ballad and you are miles away. They're going to be miles away from my heart.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get it, Jane. That's great, Jane, Thank.
Speaker 4: You very much.
Speaker 5: You cool have a good week mate, No you two by now David.
Speaker 8: Work question now are you yeah?
Speaker 4: Good Dave? Do you have a nice weekend?
Speaker 8: Beautiful weekend?
Speaker 4: Lovely? All right?
Speaker 5: What's the song that makes you your first breakup?
Speaker 4: Dave?
Speaker 8: My song was what Were what Went Wrong? By blook point eight two and it's been a teenager back in the day, was a sort of it was related towards everything that I did. So yes, I have a favorite favorite restaurant, a favorite movie, your favorite video, and you hated the Master would because it reminded so much of that.
Speaker 4: Great you know, you don't want to go back to those restaurants. You can't you can't ever enjoy that.
Speaker 8: Your movie again, that's it, it's timeishes it and it's like I don't want to go back there. It's like, yeah, so that's one of that's my song.
Speaker 4: I love that. It's right, you're not just breaking up with the person. It's all those things that used to do together were your things. I always want to make a playlist the break up Misery plains. That's a great one, David Well said, thanks you call. We's only one of our lidless steins for that.
Speaker 8: Thank you for that.
Speaker 5: Cheers, buddy Linda, Linda, Hello Linda.
Speaker 6: Good morning guys. I was so used to being the dumper in my younger days that the first time I was ever dumped, the song crushed me. It was nothing compares to you. Shaneida O'Connor.
Speaker 5: Wow, this is a beautiful song.
Speaker 6: Yes, I cried many many hours to so I didn't want to leave the house. I was crushed.
Speaker 4: Yeah it does, doesn't it. Yeah, it's incredible, Linda, thank you very much, she called.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian know connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Amazing wins over the weekend for Team Australia. The women in Nepoal have just been extraordinary. Emma McEwen was too busy getting another gold to do the interview about the first goal she won. I mean, most successful Australian Olympian ever.
Speaker 5: Amazing, incredible, such.
Speaker 4: A nice humble, all the lazy swimming over the last cut Lease just incredible, absolutely amazing scenes and so many golds over the weekend, so many silvers and bronze and almost like Rowan Browning as well, which gets you excited for the future. It's been an amazing weekend. Bruce Stall, the undisputed King I've never heard and do the athletics commentary. He is incredible. He's like yours, Sir David Atedinburgh. Yeah, you know for what Sir David's done for the natural world. It's actually he is age and they mustn't ever stop narrating things for us. They need to be preserved in Ambler. Come on, federal government, preserve Trackavanian Amber for us. One thing I did notice with the athletics starting over the weekend, isn't amazing twenty twenty one have all the modernness around this, contemporary games with BMX and being there still going with safety pins and numbers.
Speaker 3: I think the same thing.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh wow for a fun run around the tank. Lovely, we're at the Olympics.
Speaker 4: Sorted out what's with the safety pins?
Speaker 3: We're every point second of the second makes a difference. You've got these these and we are excited.
Speaker 4: You know everything is streamlined an air I dynamiced onto the shirt. Yes, we know how cheap this we can do screen printing quite easy to get our crappy, amazing logo, amazing iconic logo, something with the five rings, the gold logo. It's a plectrum by the way. To me, it wasn't until I've been working in two years. Did you realize the logos a plectro?
Speaker 3: I did, Yeah, I guess I've grown up.
Speaker 4: I thought I actually thought it was a tear brother down new idea, the golden tear. All right, we're doing a golden than right now. Every time Team Australia winning gold, you win a golden and washing machine nine to give away.
Speaker 5: This morning we've given away.
Speaker 3: We've give in a way seventeen on up till Friday, and then another.
Speaker 5: Four this morning, which means twenty No.
Speaker 3: Sorry that's incorrect. Were we up to seventeen? Yeah, we're around twenty one, twenty one, We're up to twenty one washing machine twenty.
Speaker 4: One and five more to give away due the next twenty minutes. We're giving away all of the nine golden washing machines this morning to the frontline nurses. So frontline nurses, our small way, the same thank you. All you have to do is just text me your name and number two O four seventy five three one oh four three your name and where you work as well.
Speaker 5: We'll call you up.
Speaker 4: We've got to pick up within five rings, the five rings from that iconic logo.
Speaker 5: It's up there with the gold FM logo and the Nike one. It's all your classic logos.
Speaker 4: Pick it up within five rings, you can give a shout out to anyone else you want to shout out who works with you as well. So let's start the gold eon again. Now five to give away. All right, let's call up the first one.
Speaker 5: Now, all right, here we go.
Speaker 4: This is Liz.
Speaker 5: Okay, pick up with five rings. That's one.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Christian. I really want to win a gold blushing machine.
Speaker 5: Thank the stars he picked up.
Speaker 4: I was getting nervous. Is this this?
Speaker 6: It's sorious god.
Speaker 4: Blushing machine, Liz. Thank you for everything you and your colleagues do. Anyone you want to give a shout out to thank you.
Speaker 2: All the word nurses.
Speaker 6: I'm back to seat.
Speaker 4: All right, that's it, okay, there any quick one.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. Thank your starting. Alright, Lizzie, well done, thank you very much. All right, all right, that's.
Speaker 3: Four mont Ago.
Speaker 5: We should not be in charge of numbers. Once he got over ten shack and I struggling someone this is just is it?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 8: I want that gold washing machine.
Speaker 4: Machine.
Speaker 5: No messing from Justine.
Speaker 3: I love that we didn't tell anyone that there was a phrase that pays. They're all answering with I want that golding.
Speaker 5: Australian Radio has trained you well, I know what I want.
Speaker 4: The mystery noise Justine, well done.
Speaker 5: Anyone who want to give a shout out to that your works are hard with yep, shout out to Cockatoo Water.
Speaker 4: The Royal Children awesome, bless you for anything you do as well. Royal Children is an amazing place.
Speaker 5: Yes, thank you. Are your work there now? Yeah, yeah, I'm in the office.
Speaker 8: My girls are handing over.
Speaker 5: All right, Okay, I let you go, but well done. You have a golden washing machine.
Speaker 8: Wonderful.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We'll beginning our second week on the Gold of Thorn. Is it really twenty one golden.
Speaker 3: Now we've given away twenty one so as thro as one fourteen gold medals, but for the relay races and for the rowers we've done for per person.
Speaker 5: And just so that you know, are we committed to carrying on this week?
Speaker 4: Yes? The man for me an s Bobby Boye. Rob says yes, which means obviously coming up this week then hockey.
Speaker 5: Yep for the Metro quite a few, quite a few of.
Speaker 4: Them in those hockey teams. That means a lot more to be won this week. Right now, we have four more, the last ones, four of nine we're giving away this morning. Three more four three three three more, three more, three more. I am not good with math so much. If I'll run poor Rob's business into the ground. They've got two hundred to give away here.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even really called mathis is counting? Basically counting?
Speaker 4: What is math is counting? Set off my phone into my morning the sixth album? All right, so three to give away here to frontline nurses. All the washing machines today, all go to the frontline nurses. All if they do is text us you know where you work, We'll call you up. You've got to pick up within five rings. All right, we're ready to give away the last three this morning.
Speaker 5: Let's go. All right, five.
Speaker 4: Rings one.
Speaker 8: Hello Trish speaking.
Speaker 4: Oh hi, they're Trish Christian talking on the radio right now. Good morning, Trish, Good morning, Tris.
Speaker 5: Do you know who this is?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: All right, your work right now?
Speaker 8: Yes, one of my colleagues is is come in all right?
Speaker 5: Okay, you're not allowed to shout. I guess to start screaming down the phone.
Speaker 8: Are you ah, there's no one here? Yeah, no patience yet?
Speaker 5: All right, okay, and where about sire my nash health?
Speaker 4: All right? What do you do there? Trish?
Speaker 8: I'm an oncology nurse.
Speaker 4: Ah, you're getting anything ready?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Do you answer all questions like this?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, Trish, We've won a golden washing machine. Thank you so very much.
Speaker 6: I'll go my way and work, but I'll have to get the phone number.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, thank you so very much. Thank you for everything you and your colleagues do. And is there anyone you want to give a shout out to who you work with? Your team?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: The fantastic team of nurses that I work Chris, They're just amazing awesome.
Speaker 4: Well listen, thank you very much everything you do. Have a great day, and please enjoy the golden washing machine. Thank you so very much, Christian, your team take care and take oh and you Trish, thank you very much. All right, who are we going now, jackie boy?
Speaker 3: This is comming?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Five rings, one joining now.
Speaker 4: Common?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 4: Are you come on? You've want to washing machine?
Speaker 5: I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: Well done?
Speaker 5: Oh wow?
Speaker 4: Are one? Two?
Speaker 5: Three?
Speaker 4: What uncommon where bust you work?
Speaker 8: I work at the kill More Distant Hospital.
Speaker 4: Will kill More awesome. Anyone who want to give a shout out to that you work with and your team?
Speaker 1: Oh, the whole team.
Speaker 7: The whole team is amazing in my boss day.
Speaker 8: He is the best boss I could have asked for. So I'm very very grateful. I'm very lucky.
Speaker 5: Awesome. Are you also at work right now? Coming?
Speaker 4: Hello? Hell? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I haven't said that. I'd like to dedicate this to a team and.
Speaker 4: Love. All right, colmen, thank you very much. One more to give away? Yes, one more? Get ready, make this tighter team. Okay, they're counting the gold No gaps, close the gaps.
Speaker 5: We got here one.
Speaker 4: What you doing?
Speaker 5: Patsy three?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hello? Is that Kayleen? It is Kleene.
Speaker 4: You want to goshing machine?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Where do you work?
Speaker 8: I work at Towers Ice Care Facility.
Speaker 4: Oh brilliant. I'm so glad we got someone who works for a age care facility as well. You guys work so hard, You've been to so much as well. Thank you very much for picking up.
Speaker 5: Well don't you got a brand new golden washing machine?
Speaker 6: I'm very excited.
Speaker 5: Yes you should be.
Speaker 2: Medal.
Speaker 4: Yes, and anyone you want to give a shout out to that you work very hard with their Who else is there with you?
Speaker 6: Oh? I have Anna working with me today and I have Zilhara.
Speaker 5: All right, well I'm dream team. Thank you very much, Kanine, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: Goldithon continues tomorrow morning. If Team Australia. We're in gold Medals today, aren't you just gold hungry?
Speaker 3: Now we haven't missed a day, given away washing machines every day.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're right, all right, Oh, thanks to INS. Get the gold metal feeling with INS. Monday Morning, misshard Lyrics coming up next, you'll take on me a half god one a cop point three Christian O'Connell's show for Tire Power.
Speaker 5: Time Now for this week's Monday's Misheard Lyrics.
Speaker 4: It's just another mishard Monday, Christian O'Connell's misshard Lyrics. Welcome to the Misheard Lyrics as always as we play back, Oh your misheard lyrics. If we agree what you think you're mishearing, you'll hear this if.
Speaker 5: We don't agree. And for the truly great ones, instant access into Hall of.
Speaker 3: Favor access granted.
Speaker 4: Thank you, that's it, Jack, That's all I've meant access granted nine hundred more washing machines to give away a minute.
Speaker 1: Hall of Favor.
Speaker 5: Hall of Fame. Okay, even about two hours.
Speaker 3: Right, she's gone a week in the show. Show the show has fallen apart since you've been gone.
Speaker 4: Patty, all right.
Speaker 5: Hall of Famous from last week.
Speaker 4: David Kowowski had this one till Tuesday voices carry keep it down now, this is Gary such a great one. Dam I had this on dal Breakthaway. As the days go by, I get a little cold. Saw depeche Mode. You run fast enough, Jesus all right? Those are Hall of Famous from last week. Let's get into this week's Jason drops of Jupiter train to see the lights all faded and that heaven is overrated in.
Speaker 5: See the Lads Are Raider.
Speaker 4: Such a one this, so listen carefully to see the Lights All faded. Van Halen is overrated.
Speaker 5: In See the Lads Are Fading in his own.
Speaker 4: It's there, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Van Halen is overrated in See the Lads Are Fading Raider. Very good, Jason, Mark Ray, check your chance on me Abba.
Speaker 4: If you change your mind, take a chance, take a chance, change mine chance? Or is it if you change your mind Jackie chance, Jackie chance, he change mine chance?
Speaker 5: That is straight in.
Speaker 4: Wowder, Mark Ray, it's one hundred percent Jackie chance, Jackie chance, change mine chance. You're never ever gonna hear it the original way, favor Cassie stronger, ziggy. But we can be stronger. We can be strong enough, can be stalk, can be or is it we can be stronger, We can be beef strong enough, can be stalk, can be stalking. We're hearing you can be stalk, can be stalking? Na, Michelle O'Brien A little bit of laugh by Tom Grennan, I've been holding onto pieces.
Speaker 1: Happen holding nons of beast?
Speaker 5: Or is it? Has he been holding onto feces.
Speaker 1: Happen holding nons of peas? Yes, he has happen holding nons of beast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's there, No, it is there. Josh Phillips, Maria Carey shake it off.
Speaker 2: And you keep on playing. He was like, you don't here to six just living cares?
Speaker 4: Or is it so I thought were going a litten a whole song there? Or is it chicken rolling?
Speaker 2: And you keep on playing?
Speaker 4: He was like, you don't here to sick.
Speaker 2: Just like the cats.
Speaker 4: It's more like chicken role.
Speaker 5: It's not clean one.
Speaker 4: What about this one? Bass Parkway Drive deliver me? My will is broken? My will is broken?
Speaker 5: Word the core song for us. Can you hear it?
Speaker 4: My Willy's broken, My Willy's broken, No wonder he is so angry, poor guy. I get it work.
Speaker 5: It's the way he's screaming it as well. That adds to it.
Speaker 4: My Willy's broken, My Willy's broken.
Speaker 1: My word.
Speaker 5: Yep in bas Well smarted. Thank you very much, as always emailed me when you hear.
Speaker 4: Or miss her lyrics. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Thanks it one.
Speaker 1: Look Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you about what happened yesterday morning. Another trip with one of the pets to the emergency.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you guys have got a start. Perhaps you know he went twice in the one day the other week.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Honestly, I said to my I think they're going to call, like the services or something that we hurts or something.
Speaker 3: But isn't there Most of the time there's nothing wrong with the dogs.
Speaker 4: Oh this time yesterday there actually was. Actually it's a really serious situation. I actually thought he was dying. So Reggie is the little dog right that we got. My youngest daughter, Lois, got in lockdown yesterday morning. My wife and I are taken the dogs out for a walk, okay, and we literally are leaving the house and he walks across the grass verge right, and he yelped, and he start chewing his poor and again I said, he must have trod on something, right, and then literally all of a sudden, he starts swaying, is vomiting, and then empties his bows everywhere and collapses.
Speaker 3: I'm beasting.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it was, right, I don't have a chance to ask him.
Speaker 4: So my wife, my wife right hysterical. She goes, oh, I went on the animal emercy. He's been four times in the last twelve months. So we get in the car, right, and my wife's crying and she starts going, oh my god, you know the kid to be distraught. I said, he's look, he's lying at the moment. We'll be there in ten minutes. He's obviously you had a what's you go like, a maybe an anaphylactic shock. He's breathing at the moment. My wife goes, Oh God, Chris, anything happens to him, you know, I'm his primary caregiver. I've never heard that.
Speaker 5: Phrase in my life.
Speaker 4: I could go to jail, Chris, what's the primary caregivers?
Speaker 5: Primary care?
Speaker 4: Is that how she refers to me, my husband, Christian? You know I'm his primary caregiver. The ango, he said, the drama of all. You know, she was so upset because I was thinking, we just got to get him there, and you've got to keep her calm. And and I just tell he's right by the way in the told I'm holding him. He also bless him. Right, his breathing starts to become really shadow and I can feel his heart's going all over place. I think, oh my god, I hope we really do get there. Then he empties himself all over my trousers. Right, I've got tracksuit pants on and the cart ridge now stinking right. Life goes, if anything happens to him, we need to replace him immediately. I think, good God, this is what she do if anything happens to me. Edison, girls, your dad has just dropped dead. Get me another one, right now, find me a man, Get me another old monk like him, okay, girls get out there now. So walking around the block, any.
Speaker 3: No one goes to sleep tonight unless my dad needs to be replaced immediately.
Speaker 5: Help many dragon's body in the carpet.
Speaker 3: Watch you might still himself on your pants?
Speaker 4: Right. So I go in with already right into the emoency vets him rabbit, and they do an amazing job straight whether. Oh my god, right, okay, we're taken on straight away. They go listen, can you sit here in reception just in case you have any questions? You know, time is of the essence. I then have to sit in reception night and suddenly where I stink? I mean, I mean, you would do right, And he's emptied himself right, And I'm sat my traps pants the top up they are.
Speaker 3: Which would be a puddle ie measure on your lap, heavily soiled.
Speaker 4: Right, And I'm sat there and there it is a terrible smell, an unmistakable smell, coming from me, right. And then there's only one other guy in there, and I could see that he's obviously really strugging. I can tell that he's crying.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: I think, oh my god, this poor guy, his dog's probably dying or maybe even been put down shortly and there's a man next to him. He then and I swear to God. He then doubles a double take when he sees me, he goes massiven of your rage? Please, can we just got over the bat? I stink of poop?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show pot Cat.
Speaker 5: Eight thirty five on Gold.
Speaker 4: Time for this morning's outwork time waste have for grabs this warning as a little prize. Industry beans coffee pack one hundred dollars worth of coffee, Chai and hot chocolate on us today. We're looking for your Olympic songs. Turn a song into an Olympic song. How are we? All's jackie boy?
Speaker 3: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 5: All right, me too. Olympic songs you say? When I think about you, I touch my Phelps.
Speaker 4: Gold Plus, it's taken me two hours on the show there, try and crowbar in a pommel horse.
Speaker 5: One bring on the pommel horse. Pommel horse with no name? H that really worth it?
Speaker 4: Function waste the two hours of my life and not to get If you liked it, then you should have put five rings on it. Gold. Thank you, Mama said, vault you out. I'm going to vault you you out. Silver if you don't know me.
Speaker 3: By now, you don't know me by now, goldfer.
Speaker 5: They should sing that at old tudo events in the crowd.
Speaker 4: Start that now, stop, have a throw time silver plus okay, Rod Jackie, Oh thank you, teacher, Pat on the head for the kid giving a participation, Walter at the pommey Wow time factualizing kid. What have you got four more years ago? Lets you read the papers and put anything in the papers now on a Sunday.
Speaker 5: All right, Jackiet White, what have you got?
Speaker 3: Olympic songs?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Bless you well done?
Speaker 4: Oh no, you haven't any thing yet.
Speaker 5: Calm on, javelin.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 5: That's gold.
Speaker 4: That's very good, a.
Speaker 3: Very sad song. Everybody hurdles or so gold you singing in the membrane.
Speaker 4: Oh very good?
Speaker 6: And right?
Speaker 2: Can I finish the hesitation?
Speaker 5: Have you got something there?
Speaker 3: I got something there, but it's one. It's a different one of one of the ones you did in yours is way better?
Speaker 9: What was it?
Speaker 4: Anyone?
Speaker 3: When I need to, it's to celebrate the Olympic torch.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, you got to the torch.
Speaker 3: When I think about you, I torch myself.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's that's creepy, actually creepy.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell show Podcast, Looking for your Olympic songs today. You're ready to mark Jack? Yes, and sound like you ready to mart that's it, ho hockey on Heaven's door.
Speaker 4: Gold, that's smart, Danny, well done, dude, where's my goggles? No song? Bronze a million always were chucking that in when whatever one we're doing it, it's not a movie. Hit me with your best shot put Silver, Jade, unchained Medley relay, Silver plus. When I'm pete. All I want for tipmos is you? That's cray wow, Gold plus Michael take a bow. Sisters are traveling for themselves. Not quite there, Bronze almost backstrokes back come on Gold, Yes, okay, the well done walk like an Olympian. Silver, Baby got kayak, Gold Libby, well done, Geanie's got a starting gun, Ariosmiths songs, Seat of.
Speaker 5: Silver, all the silver ladies.
Speaker 3: Silver?
Speaker 5: Am I ever going to see your race again?
Speaker 3: Gold?
Speaker 5: That's very good with a nick?
Speaker 4: Okay, everybody lng junk tonight in stead of everyone chung tonight. Gold hurdle on the Grapevine, Gold I hurdle on the Grapevine War and well done, I shot put the sheriff Silver plus. You lost that loving fencing feeling bron No, what does jef box say? What does this ark' say?
Speaker 3: Gold plus?
Speaker 4: So I remix it uptown dunk silver plus everything idea, I hop skip and jump for you silver plus? That deserve golder? Who's getting the beans industry? Coffee beans?
Speaker 3: Well done to Michael? All I want for tipmos?
Speaker 4: Is you yeap genius? Well done Michael, well deserved winner.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 4: There it is gold Upon. Today we gave away nine golden washing machines gold Upon Week two. Every time to Australia wing gold we give you a golden washing machine today or nine went to frontline nurses.
Speaker 5: Since we started this last Monday, every single.
Speaker 4: Day we've been given away golden washing machines because of how amazing Australian has been doing. The total now twenty six golden washing machines have been one and the thing is.
Speaker 5: We may not be given any way tomorrow and that makes me feel sad.
Speaker 4: It's slimpy, got cold, hungry. I want another. Give me Australia win something gross.
Speaker 3: We're used to it now we've built up a taste for us.
Speaker 4: There's a streak that needs protecting.
Speaker 3: We don't want to go cold turkey on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: No with the all twitchy you don't want to listen to that. We want to give you these gold and washing machines. Robert Innes wants you to win them, so today please, there is no kind of real white hot gold medal favorite today.
Speaker 3: There's only one Australian that's even competing for a medal today. That's Charisma and Mooi Tarrant in the weightlifting women's eighty seven kilograms weightlifting tonight. But the China is hot favorite paying a dollar ten to take out the event. We're paying one hundred and twenty six to one.
Speaker 4: So not Hey, good Stephen Bradbury wasn't supposed to get that gold? Is there another Stephen Bradbury today? What about all the other weightlifters they suddeny it' start popping knees or something.
Speaker 5: Hey we can only dream, Okay, yeah, that's the dreaming today.
Speaker 3: Best of luck to Charisma in the way looking today. But yeah, if there's any other way that we can fudge Australia being connected.
Speaker 4: To a gold or what about the silvers that have been won by Team Australia. Is there any way people can have a look today anyway that creatively we can say technically that's a gold.
Speaker 3: Okay, So like Carle Chalmers was like a split second away from winning.
Speaker 4: That's not let's not let's not fall out about split seconds or any of the.
Speaker 3: Goals rounding it down or rounding it up the same.
Speaker 4: And also, like Jack said, any golds won today, if there's any way Australia does love to claim things that aren't necessarily Australian as being Australian.
Speaker 3: Say that there's an American athlete who spent some time training in Australia, he's Australian, he's Australian for the day. Would we fudge that?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 4: All right, So keep an eye on the games today. We are back tomorrow morning. Thank you very much to everyone who's been hopping out on this as well.
Speaker 1: Listening to the Christian o'carl show podcast