Speaker 1: Hello. This is Christian here from his favorite arm chair in his house. Do you have a favorite chair? I think we all do. This is my favorite chair right now. I wrote children books sometimes from this chair. I wrote some of No one listens to your Dad's show anyway. I just want to take this moment to say thank you. The show you're about to hear is the last Breakfast show for about two weeks. Me, Jack and Patsy's are on a little break right now arrest and I'm really looking forward to it and looking forward to getting back because we've got some cool stuff when we come back. Sorry one of those youth team leaders. Yeah, hey, guys, you want some cool stuff, but it is. It's really exciting. What about the Olympics? And then who's calling? Christian coming back as well for the third time, which is insane when originally when I moved to Australia, I wasn't sure I was ever going to do.
Speaker 2: It, but we are.
Speaker 1: But anyway, before we head off into a little break, I just want to say thank you so much for all your emails, just listening to it. Wherever this finds you in the world, and however you are right now, just knowing you're there and that you care about what we do and you enjoy it means the world. Thank you for buying my book and most importantly the emails you sent about what it's got you thinking about your stories as well.
Speaker 2: I have just loved that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that was going to happen. I had no idea, and the last three and a bit weeks since it came out have been just life changing for me. I think I'm going to do something, a podcast or something involving whatever's come out of the book. I don't know what it is yet. Maybe I'll find it while I'm away on holiday, but i am I'm going to stay wherever I'm wherever I've stumbled into. But thanks so much all those emails. I love every single one of them. They mean the world to me. Thank you very much for the love that you're showing Jack as well. Two days ago, Wow, man, did you hear that twenty second of June? What he did, what he managed to find his way to talk about when he was in so much pain about his friend. I never been proud of Jack. Jack's a really really, really really funny guy, very clever, funny guy, and I love working with him, but that was something else. And then Matthew, Wow, Matthew a week ago, the dad who called in telling us about how he was struggling because his daughter was struggling. And then three weeks ago me talking about my struggles that I'd never ever talked about, of anxiety and panic attacks. So it's been since the start of the show this year, an amazing, an amazing ride. That's what it is, a ride. And thank you for being along the way with us and always been there. I hope you're well. I hope the show brings you as much joy as it does to us making it and having it in our lives. I really do so. I don't know really anything else to say other than those two words, thank you. That's all I really can say. I wish there are more words about gratitude. Sometimes our language, which is wonderful, is limited, isn't it the vocal? But it's limited. I need more words to actually try and prove to you how grateful I am. But I am. The mere fact that I'm not saying this in my radio studio, that I actually want to do it from my comfortable chair feels like I'm inviting you into my comfortable space. That's how grateful I am. So take care. I hope finds you are as always. You know my email Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au his Friday show, Take Care, speak to you live very very soon. Bye bye from my chair to wherever you listen to me. It really is an amazing chair. Even just looking around me at some of these books in.
Speaker 2: Here that I've got, Yeah, I was just rid.
Speaker 1: I was not my favorite notepad and my favorite notepad Jesus taking ages as intro in it. I podcasts that have got long intros. Anyway, I told you I need a break. Bye bye.
Speaker 3: A Christian A Connall Show podcast, The Rainbow of Fries, some more Sessions on the Couch, The Christian No Connall Show on Gold one four point three.
Speaker 1: Good morning. The atmosphere this morning from Jack and Pats will be electric. I tell you why they don't have to be in a studio with me for two whole weeks.
Speaker 4: You're really excited about a break as well. We love doing the show, but everybody loves the holidays.
Speaker 1: And I tell you I'm super excited. I hope I don't resent these words, right because obviously COVID can come along and shut us down in my but we're all going well. Me and my family are getting on a plane next Thursday. We're going to Queensland. We're going to an island.
Speaker 4: Specific, Hayman, it's one of them.
Speaker 1: It isn't a mystery holiday. I just I just I just don't want to get excited until I'm actually at checking into our hotel.
Speaker 4: You don't want to tell the people in case the people of Melbourne start following Beatlemania.
Speaker 1: Certainly we're a great big convoy going up.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but you've had terrible luck with the past.
Speaker 1: Three three times, and everyone's got a story like that about being shut down. But I really hope me and the family can go away and fly away and go on holiday. I love it. It's got so much here, but I am looking forward to it. You're off to the bush today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I thought regional Victoria is the safest way to know that we can at least go and come back well and try.
Speaker 1: If we can't go to Queensland, you might get knocking at all. We'll all be there next Thursday. Okay, and Patsy, what are you doing.
Speaker 5: We're doing some staycations around Melbourne but this weekend we're going glamping. The last want to do that has taken control of organizing my week because it's my birthday this weekend. I hope you've both organized.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I've got you a gift, lovely.
Speaker 1: It's this week. Yes, I thought it's four weekends time.
Speaker 5: Anyway, we're going glamping. But I hope he understands the difference between camping and glamping because there's a big difference with packing.
Speaker 6: Do I pack a hair dryer for glamping or dry shampoo for camping.
Speaker 5: It's a big decision and it weighs on his show.
Speaker 4: I think even in glamping you don't have power points, hair dry.
Speaker 6: Power isn't there?
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's just like a really nice tent, comfortable tent.
Speaker 1: Multi socket point and stuff like that for your GHD air stream. Going is getting a spirit? How long came? Do you? Do you feel about Chris organizing everything?
Speaker 5: Very I'm very uneasy about it.
Speaker 1: I bet Chris is this part. I think I've got everything. I hope we've got the sockets, the power, the generator. All right, Patsy, let's get into double thumbs up. What's it for you this week?
Speaker 5: Yes, speaking of tripping around. We are spending our holiday school holidays within Victoria, which is great now we've got a bit more freedom. There's a few things that we're re visiting which some local families might like to get to. One is Sovereign Hill and their winter wonder Lights that starts again this weekend. They couldn't do it last year because if COVID, so it is back better and is it good?
Speaker 4: It's brilliant.
Speaker 1: So I think about our first six months here and we love that. It's great.
Speaker 5: Yes, and Audrey's studying colonial history at school, so this year I think she'll really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I remember that, does she have the Colonial day where you have to dress in that funny hat and the overalls and stuff.
Speaker 6: No, I hope we don't have that.
Speaker 5: But it's great because if you're not sure of what they do, they project all these beautiful lights on the buildings at night. They have fake snow, and they have mine not for the kids, and hot marshmallow.
Speaker 1: I would some of this delicious warm booths.
Speaker 4: That's if you're about to give it away for free on its not for kids.
Speaker 5: Anyway, that's fun. You can go online to their website and book tickets. The other is the winter Village in fed Square that we're going to do. They've got ice skating and igloos. If you've walked past there you would have seen them. These igloos you can book out and have hot drinks and they're all decked out with rugs and stuff. It looks really cool. So I'm excited about the ice skating. They've got those things luckily that you can hold onto.
Speaker 1: Oh right, yeah, that little penguin thing so you don't fall over.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: Those I don't know, so I think like an old person would have around the stroller like a zimmer frame grown ups and children. I've had to use it.
Speaker 5: And this week quickly I've been back at Camart. Couldn't wait to get back in the news.
Speaker 1: They must have missed you.
Speaker 5: The world has returned to normally, and they've got this fantastic range of jeans, their own jeans and Coo jeans, and it was like being teleported back to the eighties. These yolk jeans like eighties styles what that means. Yolk jeans were like yokels.
Speaker 6: No no, no, they.
Speaker 1: Had rangers around here.
Speaker 8: They're got like a.
Speaker 5: Fitted waist and then they sort of balloon out very eighties.
Speaker 6: Anyway, they're twenty bucks.
Speaker 1: I couldn't they've been in there, so it's no.
Speaker 4: Check it out.
Speaker 6: It's all this eighty stuff. It's like going back to future.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: As always, everything we talk about East Friday you can find out in the details on our show Facebook page Christian O'Connell Show, Jackie Boy, what is it for you getting the double thumbs up?
Speaker 4: Because we're out of lockdown at the moment. I'm back in the gym again and I find with Frank, my great pet, who I love and speak about often on the show. There's always a bit of time between exercises where we have to just.
Speaker 1: Keep magic happens so many and women who have a trainer it's fascinating, right, It's like they've become like a very close friend of yours. It's all in between the exodes when you're just chatting in quite an intimate way.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, mum's going to Frank now as well, and she actually treats him as a therapist. Yeah, Frank knows more about my mum and dad's relationship than I ever need.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's great and so what there's always trying to be a next stage to you, your trainer? What is you? Are you and Frank going on a date yet?
Speaker 4: Well, we went to the comedy festival together. That was the first time that we ever met outside of a gym. Now we're thinking, we're thinking Bianca and I suggesting a weekend away with the two couples.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, weekend aways with other couples. It's really hard. Even with best friends, you spend too much time with them and then you find out too much about you know, what areas that you don't like about?
Speaker 4: What about a day trip?
Speaker 6: Better?
Speaker 1: Better, safer? See how the day trip goes? Don't go all in. It's too much either way.
Speaker 4: This is where my double thumbs up. He's coming to. Frank loves his non fiction science. He type books a lot of books about how it gets stronger and be fitter, and he's never read.
Speaker 1: How much stronger does he want to get? Well?
Speaker 4: He wants to be one of Australia's top ten powerlifters. Wow, he's hurrying around number twelve at the moment. He's never read fiction. And he said, if you were to.
Speaker 1: Work out scenes and Charles Dickens muck yeah.
Speaker 4: He said, if you would recommend any fiction book, So I got to start somewhere. What would you recommend? And he said, what's your favorite fiction book? Which is a tough question to answer, but always I answer this question with the book Child forty four, which I read three years ago. I actually remember, just as we were starting this show, I read that book and I actually it's a brilliant It's so good, and I had the distinct memory at the end of it of going, that is the best book I think I've ever read. Child forty four. So I'm recommending it to anybody who doesn't get into fiction and he's looking for their first way in Child forty four by Tom rob Smith is the author's name.
Speaker 1: If you're looking rather one, So Frankie boy, yep. You've probably seen the movie Fight Club. The book came from by an amazing writer, Chuck Palahunic. He is an incredible writer. The book. It doesn't seen the movie. The book actually is even better. It's such a great book, and he's such a great writer. Chaplain And I actually bought Jack his book about writing, which was a constant, like best friend. It was like a personal trained to me. Last year when I was writing the book. He's a brilliant writer. But Fight Club, Frank like that. It's rip guys fighting. It's a good start to entry book.
Speaker 4: He loves his UFC.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay.
Speaker 4: It's hard to read a book that you've seen the movie of though, because you know, I know, because.
Speaker 1: You think you can't help but think about Ed Norton and that. But you'll get into their world. It's slightly different. That's great. Also, the best book about men there will ever be, hands down, High Fidelity by Nick. Yeah, that's a great start there. It's funny, it's honest. Yes, it's really really good. That and then one of the funniest books ever, Confederacy of Dancers.
Speaker 4: Yes, you've gifted that to me, which I haven't read.
Speaker 1: Oh you sure you'd love it. It's an incredibook. That would Those would be my.
Speaker 2: Three Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're doing double thumbs up Friday, all right for me? This week? Then kids and I start to watch a new show together on Netflix. World's most Amazing Holiday Vacation Rentals. Yeah, this is each week they go to a different country right now that hopefully we will go. I don't know when where we don't go into these countries.
Speaker 4: I'll travel overseas, but we can through our TVs, right, Yes, we can stream on holiday.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that? Anyway, Each week they go to a different country and they go to three different prices, so they go too cheap, they go to mid market, and then they go to You're never going to book that one, but it looks great. It's just kind of like, I don't know, this is something exciting about thinking about when we can travel again, even just seeing other cultures and where you might be able to stay outside of a hotel. It's brilliant. The first episode is Barney. We've not yet been to Barley, and the first episode is brilliant. I made so many notes at different places that you might not know away from all the sort of main place that Semniak as well. So yeah, I can't recommend that enough. Other one that's back for season two. The first season was brilliant. If you're looking for something easy, smart and stylish. Each episode is just like half an hour lupan. That's a great show. It's back for the second season. And also I mentioned this yesterday. If you want to go and see a fun, fun movie, Okay, Fast Furious nine. All right, it's dumb, fun it is, and we know what to expect. However, I'll just be honest, right, I really really really enjoyed it.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: When I left there, I was buzzing and looking at all the other I'll be honest. Men, you know, got a lot of couples there.
Speaker 4: Nice guy moms and baby sessions.
Speaker 1: No, just guys my age. When the lights went up at the end, we're almost we almost didn't want to see each other. It was just a load of middle aged dads. It's like middle aged dad born Fast.
Speaker 4: Now I bout out it Fast and Furious three. Do I need to watch the other ones before I go into number nine?
Speaker 1: Five and nine? That's all you need. Go back to five. Yeah, brilliant one. That's where the safe gets dragged through a city, no spoilers. That is roughly hit and then nine the one I saw this week. That is an amazing movie. So double thumbs up for me, Fast Furious nine. If you haven't got into any of the movies and you just want to get into them, go straight five. You don't need the backstory. It's in every movie. They always like to do these flashbacks. There's so much. I think they call it a movie writing exposition where they keep explaining what happened before. So Vinn Diesel, the star of it, of course, can carry any movie franchise. He will go, oh god, yeah, my brother second cousin, do you remember that? And it's like he's explaining the universe to any bozos. You've never seen it before. He might at a wink the camera and go, you got it with your thumbs up.
Speaker 4: Okay, now let's dry.
Speaker 1: I move on. Every other scene is driving, not all scenes anyway, Fast Furious nine. That's mine and one final one for me as well. I'm midway through reading a book about one of the most important things as parents, as mums and dad's we can try and install in our kids resilience. And the only reason I know about Hugh van Damn Hugh van kylen Berg right, I've actually put him in my phone because I gave up trying to spell his surname. He's genuine year as Hugh van dam His lovely brother Josh is Josh van dam It was easy to write that.
Speaker 4: Then Van van kylen Burg Shew and Josh.
Speaker 1: From the Resilience Project Hughes book. We brought my wife and I brought about a year ago. I thought it's one of those books it's good to show everyone. Just have it on a table, like those kind of pouance We are you read it? No, not yet. And then I met them. I was invited on their brilliant podcast called The Imperfects that they do with the awesome Ryan Shelton and I've never met the two boys before, and I did the podcast with them, but which didn't feel like a podcast. We had a really big, deep chat at the end of it. I don't know if there was a good sign of our chat. They're quite new dads and I'm a little bit further down the line. They were actually in tears. And then we had a target. It's like two o'clock in the afternoon in the back of a warehouse in Carton, and lots of scenes like that with men just hugging that they've just met. But it's called The imperfect So my episode is up with them this week. But the point was the Resilience Project. I'm halfway through read it now. It's brilliant. It's about empathy, but most importantly it's about resilience and how we need it. And most importantly our kids, and we're doing them a huge disservants at the moment. And I know that my wife and I have been guilty and maybe you are pacted. I don't know about sometimes over correcting and fixing everything that everything is kind of like in bubble wrap, and you're letting them down. They need to scrape their knees because actually when they do go out into the big wide world and how amazing it is, there is struggle and they're going to need to have great and determination and resilience. And this book is actually about how how you foster that? How do you do That's about what's that look like? So can't recommend it enough. It's called the Resilience Project. The book was the best set up for a reason. Hugh Van Dam and Josh Van Dam google it.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I get it, Yes you are.
Speaker 1: You're so ready for a two week break. Jack's got a candor shoe after the show Patsy for a Man at Country Roads. This is how I dress right when I'm at home, in private, when I come here after put my cool clothes on. Because then with the cool kids, the grievy gang, you've come as me. Have you got the wrong out of it? That is what they called dad work. I mean, you look all grown up, but you don't rush into it.
Speaker 4: Jack, I did not know this was dad wild. This is brand new.
Speaker 1: You know it's greens country road. The collars go up, by the way. I'm guessing you've got a rugby shirt you wear over the shoulders. You look like sadly me.
Speaker 4: You don't rush to this when you started teasing me, did you notice I put the collar back?
Speaker 1: He came in with it all up like he just got off his yacht with the guys which has been away for wit souns we called the Witsuns. Yeah, have you been to the Whitsuns?
Speaker 4: You must go Eventually, I got to stop shopping at places like cotton Ons with their twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: Don't rush, don't become that dad wear too soon. Okay, leave it to losers like me.
Speaker 4: I'm taking it.
Speaker 1: Taking it off. I don't like it. I feel like going. Is that I've lent it to you. He had a sleepover wardrobe. I've learned in one of my country rolled fleecy little zip ups. He's the gant man. Somewhere there's a Barbie with some sausages at me, turning then need in five minutes. All right, lay to the party home, ab your email are for the show, I guess stumagling there. This first one comes from Steve Christian. I've been giving some thought to Jack's comments about Ghostbusters being spoiled by having a stay p after marshmallow Man rampaging through the streets of New York. All I concay is yeah, and you were mainly upset because it was too big.
Speaker 4: I just don't. I think it's cliche in monster movies, the monsters biggest.
Speaker 1: Thanks Bielberg and made all that consense. Thank goodness, he isn't a big time producer in Hollywood. If he was, then in all Likelhood Godzilla, I've never had a career. King Kong would have been shot on the docks by State Building, the t Rex in Jurassic Park would have gone down with the ship, and the American Werewolf would never even have made it.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. It's an overused trope in Hollywood film.
Speaker 1: I see your words changed. Now you've got the old fleecy country roads in but trope. I can I see all these monsters now Christian all sitting in a circle self croup therapy session, lamenting their shortened careers. King Kong Saenn. I could have been a contender if it wasn't for Jack Steve. Thank you very much for your email, Christian. I'm from Sydney. People always need to explain that, and I've noticed on these emails they need to get out there now from Sydney and I've been listening to the podcast and that's a bit late to the party by I thought i'd like to chip in. It's talking about the strange sandwiches you know, when you made when he got home from school. When I was a kid, we had an orange flavored powder you mixed with water called orange tang yep.
Speaker 6: I remember tang.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just had a quick Google of it. It basically some I mean orange. It looks like something that they found in the remnants of chernobyls. I mean orange tang Chernobyl tank.
Speaker 4: It's what we used to get at school camps and stuff, instead of orange juice. It looks like orange juice. You're like, yeah, it's orange juice. It's like, what is this.
Speaker 1: Everybody went to soldiers behind the line like some sort of desiccated stuff. After school, I would butcher some white bread and sprinkle large handfuls of orange tang squitch it together to make a tang wich. As a parent, I occasionally try and make this is a special treat for my daughter. Now, mixing icing sugar, butter, and colored food dye to create my new tang wich two point zero Wow.
Speaker 4: Because maybe you can't buy orange tange anymore. I haven't seen it on Shello.
Speaker 1: I think now that they've got more restrictions about what we're allowed to we'll consume there is no more orange tang. Hope there is, though, Christian, is it too late to add to the vanilla slice debate? Yes, I do not want to hear any more about vana sizes. And finally, this is so, just as we get ready to stop the show for two weeks, the phone in that never really took off, and it still saddens me to this day. Was a couple of weeks ago when Jack and I were getting very excited about the subject of dinosaurs. We just presume there'll be other people out there like us that would also join our excitement about dinosaurs and would like to call this radio show and tell us about their favorite dinosaur.
Speaker 4: Sadly it was the day of the phones.
Speaker 1: There's a bug in the engineer's stall down workout. I don't know whether it's like a search, you know, where too many people called in at one time and it just shorted out the system.
Speaker 4: We've had finally had one emails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so excited to get this Christian grown up. My favorite dinosaur was the iguanodons. See this is what we could have had on air. It had these thumbs that were permanently stuck up in the Fonsie thumbs up position. As a kid, I thought this was really cool, Like he's always go around going heyie before Phonzie, I don't always to tell you before fsie. I called it the caldu dinosaur. After listening to how successful your dinosaur segment What's a few weeks ago, it got me thinking whined about the iguanodon's mental health. What if it was having a tough time and some depression and all the other dinosaurs would ask how you're getting on? He just ship and they just assumed because of the thumbs that were up he was doing fine and sent a picture. Now all I can think of now is the existential that the I Guanandole might have been going through but trapped permanently with the double thumbs up.
Speaker 4: It actually feels like the plot of a Pixar film.
Speaker 1: But I thought you didn't like big monsters.
Speaker 4: Come on, he's not ruining a city. He's the sad dinosaur that everybody thinks.
Speaker 1: Okay, because Perks have been a wall flower, but the dinosaur version.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, last chance this week, we've loved doing this has been so much fun. To do you do.
Speaker 4: Sander's kind of compressors too? Do you think you do jigs as impact drivers too?
Speaker 1: Do you think you do? Everyone this week asking to what do you do? Can you do an impression of a power tool? One thousand dollars to spend a total tools? Low Brice is on every tool for every trade this tax time guaranteed. Yesterday best of the week so far. We actually thought this guy was actually starting a chainsaw. I still can't believe this is actually a human us. Isn't that unbelievable? How is he doing that? I still think it's not It's not real. But anyway, that was the high standard we got to yesterday. Let's see what you've got today nine four one four one o four three Darryl?
Speaker 9: What am I I'm going?
Speaker 1: Daryl? Okay, right, we's uh, let's hear it first of all them. We try and guess what it is.
Speaker 4: Tobacco, bad dog.
Speaker 10: I hope his map a little bit.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Darryl, an amazing performance. It's all the was. Come on this Friday, be nights, Come on country road man, Darryl, this is off the yacht, Daryl. Are you okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, okay, Sorry, guys.
Speaker 1: This is part of I don't know. This is darn it's got COVID or actually he's doing about Is this still part of the performance? Is he waking Phoenix on a new character? I don't know.
Speaker 4: He never comes out of character?
Speaker 1: Is a method tool? Darryl? Very good? It might be you stay there, get to him. Chrissy, good morning, Hello, Chrissy, good morning. Came the tool? I do is? Um? Is it? Sander? I don't know? A nineteen eighties telephone phone.
Speaker 9: Oh it's an impact driver.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, we didn't get that one. Okay, nice try Chrissy. Let's go to have a lovely weekend. Matt morning, Good morning, Matt. Please, I've got to be honest, the one so far.
Speaker 4: I thought they would get better at the end of the week.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you think that too. The very worst. It feels like Sunday? Are we Sunday? Now Monday when we first start this, Matthew, save it this morning? Okay, because they're stinking it up.
Speaker 8: All right, here we go go on, whoa.
Speaker 1: Where'd you go?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 6: Is that a blower back? Uh?
Speaker 1: No, chainsaw? No impact driver, sander, chucker, chugger. It's a grinder, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we get what the things for? Kinds of grinding? What a lovely world? All right, let's get him on every day this week.
Speaker 4: This is our last.
Speaker 1: Every day every day this week. Caleb was called in and hopefully today he's saved his best old mates here, still an apprentice like you were Monday.
Speaker 10: Yep, I'm giving it my old today.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: Come on, we need it, radio needs it off. You go tell it's a police siren from like an old Keystone Cops. Thing is old Ghostbusters.
Speaker 4: I think you're a circular saw. I do you want to tell you?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 4: That was an angle grinder?
Speaker 11: Oh yes, thousand dollars at total tours.
Speaker 1: No longer the apprentice, the becomes a master.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna say, if I been weird today, I was going to Smooth FM.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm gonna buy your book now, Christian, It's.
Speaker 1: All on there. Kaylen, wellder mate, you tell you fairly deserve your one thousand dollars of total tools. This is the best winner we have had on the show this year. Cayleb well done, mate, Thanks for playing along this week. Ye he's rubbing up the car. Now do a victory lap.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell shoe Podcast.
Speaker 1: So Jackie Boy is getting ready to We're head off out into beautiful country Victoria. It's come in dress for it. Man at Country Road, it is like looking at a mirror version of myself. So oh too soon, Jack don't rush you when you're thirty.
Speaker 4: The men on the posters at country right.
Speaker 1: They look they look comfortable in their own skins.
Speaker 4: There were some yeah twenty at late twenties.
Speaker 1: We're trying to bring you guys in. It's like a cult country road gant man. They're all the same, aren't they. Some twinkly eye gray head fella. Right, he's always he's ripped by He's not as ripped as maybe twenty years ago. But it looks like I used to play quite a lot of sport and now he's just I've got to zip up on.
Speaker 4: And I tell you what, he's comfortable with his gray hair.
Speaker 1: He's comfortable with that gray. He's not dying at this guy, you know. And he's got super sorted out. He loves his kids, and he's great in front of a barbecue. He loves the barbecue.
Speaker 4: So that's the person I want to be this weekend as we go into regional Victoria.
Speaker 1: Dress appropriately.
Speaker 4: I'll be making the fire go and collect the fire?
Speaker 1: Would you don't want to turn up in your hipster city's You want to dress us one of them to blend in young like you. I've got a fleece on and you know, I just stick this on all the time. I've got big work boots. Have you got special work boots? So THENT walk around.
Speaker 4: And like no, maybe I need to go back out of the country road and.
Speaker 1: Have them pre muddied as well. Don't get them brand sparkling you as well? So what are you doing? Is a dog coming with you?
Speaker 4: The other thing I've done this weekend is some diy to the car. So that Lunar can come with us, because.
Speaker 1: This will be that I should just point out, isn't a person that's a dog didn't say that he must really hate his wife just so I didn't know. I feel it's cool anchor. I I've made a small cage for she's not good on trips.
Speaker 4: Luna is not allowed in my car.
Speaker 1: The dog.
Speaker 4: The dog's not allowed in the car because it's the Tesla. Yeah, it's dogs aren't there in the future. I just don't want to trampling. She goes everywhere in the car, samples everywhere.
Speaker 1: Activate self drive mode or the parachute mode or whatever you got in the eox car.
Speaker 4: She was white hair over everything. So there's been a band on her in the Tesla. But we wanted to come on the weekend sidecar. This is what I've built for her, A great cozy dog bed, lush luxury dog bed in the boot. Now that's said, it's.
Speaker 1: A polite kidnapper. Now I don't say in the car, which can you get in this car? There's a lush read for you in the boot. It's the polite kidnapper. It's going to finish well.
Speaker 4: The seat, the back seats fold down, like in any car the back seats fold down.
Speaker 1: In the future, we can still do that. This is exciting, guys. I can't wait for the future.
Speaker 4: And then all the light is pouring into the boot and you can talk to us, see us.
Speaker 1: This is some dar Master, there's oh the lights. A nice judge jacks.
Speaker 4: Full into macas so she doesn't feel cut off. She's obviously not sitting in.
Speaker 1: Hello, masters, I really need to join a break. I already have been holding on. How many more left hand corners are there?
Speaker 4: Well, it's not uncomfortable because it's not the Langham back there. Yeah, so she's in the actual best premium seat.
Speaker 1: You're actual jealous. It's probably for you to drive the car back there.
Speaker 4: Now, so she can't with the seats down. Obviously she should could come up to the front.
Speaker 1: And question, guys, how's it going?
Speaker 4: So we don't want to running everywhere? So yes, I went to Bunnings got a roll of flywire.
Speaker 1: I'm going to look like bog You've got what chicken wire in the back there in.
Speaker 4: A fly wire and bulldog clips, so.
Speaker 1: You're going to get pulled over.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you look like a kid.
Speaker 1: Now, don't do not try pass any school. He's coming by again. Cage in the back there with a bright spotlight on it, I could see you.
Speaker 4: FLYWI does not feel like a cage. You never kidnap someone using fly.
Speaker 1: When you don't know people calling in right now.
Speaker 4: Bulldog clips as well makes it.
Speaker 1: You know Twinkly likes bulldog clips.
Speaker 4: It doesn't wreck the car because you can just bring put them off and on, and it means I can bring the fly wire down when she's not in the car and then put it back up.
Speaker 1: I'm here and here. It gives you versatility.
Speaker 4: That's so she's really looking forward to coming this weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh master, I can't waiting to get back for the RERADI shot. I'm so exorting to get into that flyy cage with bulldog.
Speaker 4: I give up, I give up. I'll try to tell you about my day. I did my own arts and crafts and creativity.
Speaker 1: D Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought other people could use it if they've got a.
Speaker 1: Similar absolute people listening right now who've had to do their own road trip preparations. I guess you could say where if they're going away to a country victuring on a road trip when they want to take a dog, then they had to do something.
Speaker 4: The other thing, when I had the ute and we wanted to take Luna to the beach and it was too hot on the tray of the ute, I built her a little cardboard house so that.
Speaker 1: We could she know there was more on this. Let's save the cardboard and need to just rest. It's the country road stuff. He's coming as a different person today. This is the sort of domain of a dad like me really that has a meltdown trying to get everything like Jenger fitted in the car. Okay, what are your road trip preparations When you've tried to go on a road trip and you've got the pets there, you do have to do these kind of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, actually, you know what, I didn't think.
Speaker 1: It's our third story, is there?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: How are we going to fit all the bags in the car with?
Speaker 1: You know what you need? What I've got? And this is the ultimate dad move. Well, when I went to buy that roof rack, the guy was like, and it's like an amazing one as a drove belt. I actually felt like crying. I saw on a shop front the window my reflection in a car looking at my sound with a great big roof rack on the time, and I've now given up on life I own. Do you want to buy a roof rack on top of a test if you've got the whole look for.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell shoe podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian just listening to Jack describe his complex car set up for lunar brackets, a dog and a brackets for his weekend road trip. Does he know that you can buy a harness that clips into the usual seat belt to prevent dogs from wandering around the car? Yeah, I've seen these. If you've got a proper dog and you have like I have, they ain't sitting there in the seat belt all calm and stuff like that. You start wriggling around. They don't want to be constrained like that. They want to roam around and wherever you are, they just want to be as near to that. Why I'm in the back.
Speaker 4: And when they do that wriggling, their hair just comes off your.
Speaker 1: And no matter how great you're hoover is, it never gets all of it off all right? Then? So have you got any advice for Jack? Matt? Good morning morning guys.
Speaker 9: How are we all?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We're good? Happy Friday.
Speaker 10: I want you to but I've just had images of Jack in his driveway with the mcgiving music playing, you.
Speaker 9: Know, building this sea, which I look. I admire his handyman.
Speaker 10: Skills, but Jack, you could have saved yourself so much money and heartache just gone down an autobar or super cheap. They've got a hammock that goes either in one bay on the back seat or right across the back seat. There's two different sizes and like you just put your dog in there, clipping in.
Speaker 7: Done.
Speaker 10: It hooks up on.
Speaker 1: A human trying to get in a hammer, a tops, you know, sipping a margarite on the road, tree glasses on born shorts, ready for the break.
Speaker 9: They're about forty bucks.
Speaker 1: They throw the money out of the window. The dog can't get in the hay when there's sunglasses on, a little hat over his eyes, just cratching some seas.
Speaker 4: Matt, you will be happy to know my flywire and Bulldog clip combo costs less than forty dollars.
Speaker 9: I love your work, Matt.
Speaker 1: Have a nice weekend.
Speaker 9: Take care you guys. Take care.
Speaker 1: Jake, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 7: How are you going.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm going to go. So what can you advise Jack about how to transport a dog.
Speaker 7: So it's pretty much just what Max said. I got the hammock as well, and I thought it was fantastic. My missus dog is a blue heeler cross lab and there was just hair getting all over the place and I was just sick of sick of vacuuming it up. And I found the hangar hammock, which is pretty much like Jack's just a little yeah, just a little bit less bogan.
Speaker 4: I don't stop picturing a hammock like it's a touched to the roof. I was to touch the roof on the other the dogs swinging in the middle on their back, yeah, hands behind the head.
Speaker 1: Not gonna happen. Last scene in a cartoon, and only a cartoon, that's right.
Speaker 7: And while I've got you, then my cousin actually called up, I think it was last year, and told you guys about another pet story, which was actually me putting my snake inside my vent. Do you guys remember that vagally fly?
Speaker 4: Why did you do it again?
Speaker 1: Reminder us?
Speaker 7: Oh, I just didn't all my parents finding out about it, so I just basically put my snake cabinet inside the wall.
Speaker 1: Remember this just going back to me, were you the guy you're the star and the story.
Speaker 8: Yeah that was me.
Speaker 7: My cousin told me about it and I'm like, oh, okay, where's my credit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. Well cars got a prize and you didn't get anything. Well, Jake, do you know what, I'll send you one of our lidless steins.
Speaker 7: Okay, oh amazing, thank you?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it is amazing. And he still got the snake.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've still got his names. He's about seven years old.
Speaker 1: Now that is a snake's name? Is that Balthus?
Speaker 4: Does he get in the hammock?
Speaker 7: He can probably get in the hammock.
Speaker 1: Probably won't go when he's in the hammock, all right.
Speaker 7: Every time she walks past you, he always looks at her like she's lunch.
Speaker 1: All right, Jake, we said goodbye now, thanks mate, get your cousin corn Next time.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast time now for knockoff Friday.
Speaker 1: Are we ask you what time are you knocking off today? Finishing work down in tours And there was a highlight of your weekend, Patsy. I know it's your birthday weekend, so do you go gramping today?
Speaker 5: We're going glamping tomorrow. I've got to take the dog out to the pit resort talking of taking dogs and cars lady today and we hit off hat resort.
Speaker 1: Are you saying it like that? In case sold your dog is listening gimm the kennels.
Speaker 6: Yes, but it's a fancy name for a kennel, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Pitt Resort. We take him out to Laura. They take very good care of mister Presley and we're off to now.
Speaker 1: Welcome back mister Presley. Normal room, fly wire and bulldogs as a question, and he.
Speaker 5: Will have some yuppy time. You book him in for a couple of extra yuppy times so when he's back, well, he gets a couple of extra plays. So he gets about.
Speaker 1: The ladies, spring and the ladies.
Speaker 5: But it's great because when he comes back, he's absolutely exhausted.
Speaker 1: Rosy houses or dogs, stunt brunch, fifteen kids.
Speaker 6: And he's sleeping below.
Speaker 1: We can't move. He is all shut out. No one is example to resort. I think there's some of those out a long way that's.
Speaker 8: Any who.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, mister Presley's back. I'm also going glamping beating off to don Caster Dimmicks after the show today. That's my idea of Clamping, don Caster Dimmicks East my head East, Yes you do yeah. And also as my tour of the East Suburbs Eastern Suburbs continues today Doncaster Dimicks and off to a shopping center called Eastland. Where would you recommend if anyone knows the shopping center Eastern? I have my lunch. I was very excited when I saw that one of those pizza places you like, Grandy four under Granny. Yeah, it doesn't open till five. I get really annoyed when a place does that.
Speaker 4: I think you're looking at a food court, a food court out there.
Speaker 1: I do the book signings in the food court, bringing little traysuit me.
Speaker 4: I'm signing your post let me I crumbs from my mouth.
Speaker 1: Just having a tacko.
Speaker 2: To the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Knock Off Friday. Every Friday, we kickstart your weekend or the show by asking what time are you knocking off today? And then what is the highlight of your weekend? Was just telling us about town. She's going away for the weekend. Clamping and Presley Mega dog, I mean like bigger than a house, huge thing. When you put those pictures up on Instagram of that dog, on your bed. He is the bed. The bed is like a tiny child's one. He's a big old dog. Anyways, off to some sort of stud ranch by the sound of it what Patsy was saying. And one of our junior listeners, Reuben has said, mister Presley the Wearer be love dog. There he is, we loved dog. Young Ruben would send me one of our lidless steins, only a delicious orange tang and hot chocolate. My friend, all right, knock off Friday, let's go to lines as ease.
Speaker 9: Come on, h good morning, Christian, love your show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, buddy, thank you very much. Yes, I'll tell me you knocking off the day.
Speaker 9: My friend eleven o'clock as the boss. He's flying out to New Zealand to meet with the Prime Minister. And then eleven o'clock or ten of us are going.
Speaker 1: To the pub and then to toast.
Speaker 9: I'm sure what he doesn't know why home, We'll just go while he's on the plane. They are later, and then we're going to the club and then four o'clock. I've got a big fortieth and I don't think i'll make it to the four o'clock.
Speaker 1: You won't if you get into bed, buddy, then, I mean there's knockoffs. The days of the eleven am starting drinking sessions are long gone from us. Now, aren't they the all day drinkers? They always have that palor about them by about sort of three or four. Aren't they a bit ill?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 9: So I'm just going to do a sort of a handover for today. Why he's in New Zealand, and then yeah, see you later we're going.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going to ask how come your boss is going to meet the Prime Minister Jessica.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, it's actually thanks for asking. They're actually opening up a huge solar farm in New Zealand, one of the first solo farms in New Zealand.
Speaker 1: So finally get into they Yes they are.
Speaker 9: So they're coming up with the times and where the actual promise is opening up the youth, the actual project for us.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's amazing. You must go brown cut the ribbon in that.
Speaker 9: So that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, all right, as he's having, well, enjoy your drink today eleven o'clock, Acain, Is it your fortieth?
Speaker 9: No, it's the friends fortieth, but it might be doubling stubbling into that one, So we'll see how we go.
Speaker 1: All right, enjoy yourself today, take care, Thanks, thank you. Yeah, I didn't know she changed her name of Jessica jess. All right, let's go to h Chris, Good morning, Hi, how are you? Oh? Yeah, just great and great? Good Chris. What time you're knocking off today?
Speaker 12: Eight forty five? This morning? Forever?
Speaker 1: Wow, this is all very sudden, ever forever. So you're retiring.
Speaker 12: I'm retiring, yes, after twenty nine years at the same school, twenty one years of it looking after the kids, took before and after school care.
Speaker 1: Oh, They're already going to miss you there.
Speaker 12: I'm getting a bit emotional now. So yeah, I'm just about finishing. So yeah, yeah, So they had a big day for me, Yestera, and they dressed up and we had half the school dressed as Elvis and half Disney characters.
Speaker 1: Is that the two sort of sides to you?
Speaker 12: They get Elvis or they get a real today, Oh you might get Crowell or if.
Speaker 1: You don't sound old enough to be retiring, I am, I am, I am, I am to do though looking after kids, especially at that lovely age as well.
Speaker 12: But that so, I've loved it. I've loved every minute, and I'm on the boat tonight to move to TAZZI back to Tazi.
Speaker 1: Leaving it all behind. What is this a movie? Louise? The follow up.
Speaker 8: Like to run away at you?
Speaker 1: This is all so so you're literally retiring and then retiring from Victoria. You're fleeing Victoria to Tazzy.
Speaker 9: I'm fleeing.
Speaker 12: I'm actually going home. I'm from Tezzi originally, so I've been here thirty years, so I'm moving back to Tazzy.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: When you're going on the ferry right, it made it sound like you're the rowboat sand.
Speaker 9: I could do that too.
Speaker 12: I could do that too.
Speaker 1: And also, what a lovely time to move back to Tazzy. Wrap up real warm, beautiful Tazzy, but going to be nice and fresh to welcome you back. And in my mind, as you're coming off the boat, the locals there or the Tasmanians are dressed as course Elvis and various Disney characters. She's Bad's.
Speaker 7: That's what all happened?
Speaker 12: Oh no, she's back.
Speaker 1: Please tell me we cannot afford to lose a single listener. Will you still be joining us in the morning. I'll have to do it on my heart right, just getting the fob off. Getting the fob off now, it's awkward. It's awkward. So you're retiring from the show.
Speaker 12: Oh well, I'll have to unless I can find somewhere to find it on.
Speaker 1: What a horrible way to end the week. We're listening down. We're losing the mighty Chris.
Speaker 12: I have to have my internet going every day, all.
Speaker 8: Day and have it on.
Speaker 1: Chris, do you know what you'd have been amazing doing your job that school and all those kids that you would have helped through their school years over the year is one amazing thing of service you've done. So thank you for what you've done for those kids, no problems.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, we're going to miss you. Sorry and misses you. Goodbye, old friend Chris.
Speaker 9: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Chris. Will tell you what you must give us your new address in Tazzy. We'll send you one of our lidless steins.
Speaker 12: Okay, that would be fantastic.
Speaker 1: Take a tiny bit of us with you to old Tazzy.
Speaker 12: I would love that. Thank you from day one.
Speaker 1: Oh bless you. Well, we're really going to miss you and enjoy the next chapter in your life.
Speaker 12: I will do thank you.
Speaker 1: Chris, Chris, my Bye, Ariel Presley, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast, chimed now to confess you call us up nine four one four one O four three. Stand by your Band? You tell us the song one song you're secretly embarrassed to admit you love. During the next half an hour, we'll hear all these various songs, and then we will play one of them. Stam by your bed. Don't be a shamed you like them, just cause the world don't understand. All right, lines open right now? Nine four on four one O four three, all right my song this week for stand by your Band? Please let me paint a picture of a road trip. I'm in a car, Yes, Brother palais in the back, sweet zenas in the front. Do you know the song? Come on, Patsy, I bet you do. Hi other palets in the front. Sweet Zena's in.
Speaker 4: The back, Brother pals in the front on.
Speaker 1: The melody I don't know, I reckon, I'll give you one more go. I tell you what if we said call in right now. People who sat there in cars in traffic, they know this. Brother Peale's in the back, sweet Zena's in the front. How tal bizarre Yeah, Pallets in the back, sweet Zenas in the front. How bizarre?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but a lot of.
Speaker 1: It's not b side. There is this sound. Dare you stand by your band? We're going back to nineteen ninety five o MC talbazarre.
Speaker 2: This is a great song.
Speaker 4: Best song come out of New Zealand hands down.
Speaker 1: It's the biggest selling So it's not when Patsy's fun facts, it's Beetles brother. Palets in the back, sweet Zina's in the front is bizarre. Why don't you get that configuring? This is grace. It's a really good song. Jackie boy, what have you brought in this week?
Speaker 4: I was shocked this week to find out the song I'm bringing in isn't well respected and is topped a whole lot of lists of worst ever number one's worst song of the eighties. I was shocked. I love this song by Chris de Berr Lady in Red.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful song. This was every school disco. This was that sort of selection of songs they played where you could have a slow dance with the young lady. And this is always a song I would slow dance with a young lady too. There's a line in here, isn't it cheat to cheat? And any whispers? Just you and I.
Speaker 4: I have never seen an dress you wear him all the heartlights.
Speaker 6: In your air, I catch you on.
Speaker 1: I haven't blown lady. Yes, cheeks to cheat, there's dancing, he's coming up now, cheap whispers. The next one like into the Year of a Lady. It was around here, it's just you, beautiful, she's you and Christober.
Speaker 4: I honestly thought that was a well respected song.
Speaker 1: Like Hue song back in the day.
Speaker 4: It was number one, like we respect Frank Sinatra. I can't believe.
Speaker 1: I know you're getting ready for a two week holiday. Don't start bringing Frank into I did actually get in that testa and keep going, friend.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know that song was from the eighties. I actually thought it was from like the Frank Sinatra era.
Speaker 1: It was like old blue classic love.
Speaker 8: Song. Hell.
Speaker 1: I was just smoke my second on the Mount Russian.
Speaker 4: You know this is a mount lady dressing red.
Speaker 1: It's nobody here, It's just you me really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lady of the night.
Speaker 1: Christopher, I don't think it is it? Is it? Yeah? If he says it is about that, you can't go no it's not. It's not, lady, And there's a nice brand new red dress you got in the sales from going on.
Speaker 4: But it's in the lyrics. It sounds like he meets her by coincidence.
Speaker 1: That's what he said to the past, cheat to cheek. There's no one here in this lay by but you and I. The original lyrics the Christian O'Connell show you stand by your band, You caught us up nine four one four one o four three. What is the song you're secretly in bound to make you like? For Jackie boy, I have never seen a undress you wear him.
Speaker 13: Christophers in your head, I catch you.
Speaker 1: I heaven lady, this is a bank. Yeah, great song. There's dancing to cheek. What a way to dance with the lads? You perfect? Christ will want it any other way for me. We go to New Zealand nineteen ninety five, Brother Pallets in the bat. We already established this, but just a quick reminder seen as in the front this slow EMC big song of the nineties, said one of those classic ninety songs, destination. All right, let's see what you've got this morning. Stand by your band, Paul, good morning.
Speaker 8: Is that a Chevy sixty nine. Help us that now mine.
Speaker 9: Is like it?
Speaker 8: I like it.
Speaker 1: You can have a littless Tige just for doing that. Well done.
Speaker 8: Thank you, oh, thank you, thank you very much getting I love the show. My song is Inny Tomo's Heat comes the Hot Stepper.
Speaker 1: Watchyah, a song you've just won the week, my friend, Jimmy, come on Emmy, Yeah, that's anyone knows what an easy song in karaoke?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 1: This is this this morning? And Paul, when do you listen to that? Is it often? What a great song?
Speaker 8: Probably a couple of times a week in.
Speaker 1: The car on the way Monday, Wednesday, Friday deal really.
Speaker 8: Yeah, pretty much pretty much on the way home, just.
Speaker 1: So it's always on the way home, like you're the hot stepper heading home on our phone system. We're going to rename you now, Paul Brackets, the hot Stepper. We'd always know if you're calling in. Oh, have a great weekend, stick around. We might be planned this this morning to stand by your band.
Speaker 8: Thank you, having a good holiday.
Speaker 1: Thanks buddy, h Linda, come on him, good morning, Good morning, Linda, Linda was good morning. I'm still goodman.
Speaker 8: My song is rappers a lot My sugar Hill Game.
Speaker 1: This is a great song on the classic rap songs and like it just don't go.
Speaker 9: A few drinks and its songs funny after World, you know, trying to sing the World.
Speaker 4: It's a longer song, doesn't the full version and a half minutes?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know, I don't very often play the full version, but yeah, I hate.
Speaker 1: It always the end of sugar Hill Game.
Speaker 4: It's the sixth verse.
Speaker 1: Linda, great one, thank you, Mam. MT's just go to h Abby. Good morning, Abby Nickelback.
Speaker 8: Nickelback, you remind me.
Speaker 1: I get it, George will Now, if you'd come on with a rock star, I'll be with you. But this is a crime against humanity. But it's your song, Abby. You love listening to this in private.
Speaker 12: Social, social song, I think to myself.
Speaker 4: If I'm not wrong, this was the first hit by Knickelback, So before this song, it was the bliss that we didn't even know about that.
Speaker 1: I've got no idea about the Discosgrophy order or stuff that. If I'm not wrong, this was the first okay specialist subject end back fun facts see if we started Patsy. I'm not mistaken, but please prove me wrong. On the lines. That's a great one. Abby, Thank you very much. Nikko back, take care of a nice weekend, Lauren. Yes, yes, la morning, good morning, good morning everyone, okay, just generally good morning. What have you got for us? Well?
Speaker 7: I listened to Old Manny You by John Williamson.
Speaker 1: Do you need.
Speaker 9: You got.
Speaker 1: Have an hear every family get together? You know one of our boys out there still with the banjo.
Speaker 6: You're right, you got live and I'll tell her that was their wedding song.
Speaker 1: Could have gone to offend love somebody.
Speaker 4: My apology the first dancing.
Speaker 1: Oh, Lauren, thank you very much for bringing this to the show. What a song. Christian, Hello, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast. One of the words of last year are these sort of words that would sum up last year was Karen. Wasn't It became a thing a meme and very soon there's a horror movie coming out called Karen. This is when a meme goes too far. Yes, we don't need it. It's last year. We do not need Karen the horror movie. So this morning, Karen as well, isn't up there with the Exorcist, the Thing or carry Carrie. Karen does not sound like a scary horror movie. It sounds like a very boring one to me. So this morning we're looking for your boring horror movies. Now I've asked the producers for some horror music here to add into the background. That horror enough.
Speaker 4: This is this is scary.
Speaker 1: This is walking down in alleyway at night. He knows they're watching him.
Speaker 4: This is suggesting horror will come.
Speaker 1: It's not here yet. It's not here yet, but we all know win win it's coming because of the music. What about this alien X falsey out there up there. It's not behind you, it's not horror, it's not under bit. This is that produced Tom do it life, if you canna find one, tell my notes you you're listening to Triple J unsigned two hours worth at midnight on a Friday, a atmosphere cruise and beats with me, Chris Osi. They will talk her that though, don't they. We're so cold and talk like the other DJs shower in the morning. This is actually is making me feel really sad and get.
Speaker 4: Daddy doesn't make the jokes funnier.
Speaker 1: No bit of music will bring on the hot stepper Comedy's coming. He's not here. I'm not sure it is. I don't know if you're looking at my shoulders. Comedy coming, Boring horror movies. Oh yeah, fred O Krueger, it's not Freddy Krueger. Yum Yum. Woman, it's gonna kill me. Silver the Hills have I it's a classic horror movie. Boring though, if they just got contact lenses. The heels have contact lenses.
Speaker 4: I've lost one of the ones, Franz.
Speaker 1: That's what it deserves. I don't care what you did last summer. Silver, all right, This one, I know is going to get me a gold. The wicker Man is one of the most terrifying horror movies. Oh yeah, not so frightening. It's just him sat in a big, old, nice wicker chair. The wicker Chair.
Speaker 8: Few.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to end the two weeks with a really old, stinky run like the others. Have contact don't remember Wait, friends, Jackie Boy, horror movies, it's ending. Hang on, I'm not going to do no, don't give me this one.
Speaker 4: Boring horror films. Picnic Room, it used to be Panic Room and now it's Picnic Room.
Speaker 1: Picnic is gone boring. I'll give you for that extra line gets you up graded to a goal circa.
Speaker 4: We hated the school the sorry we hated the Blair Witch Project.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that one that wasn't sure. But the other one I kint liked it.
Speaker 4: The Blair school project to project over the school holidays.
Speaker 1: Bronze, the little.
Speaker 4: Shop of hoarders. They're keeping all the newspapers so boring.
Speaker 1: Interesting stories, significant news or throw some of this out everything, get out of it.
Speaker 4: Ungraded the Texas Chain store manager.
Speaker 1: I had the Texas changeaw manicure, but that was too.
Speaker 4: Boring and clear and present dangers. Original is the original, clear and present dinches. Oh we see your going bar and we're not impressed.
Speaker 1: With giving it gold because I wanted to end with dignity, gold for dignity.
Speaker 2: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today, Is that what time waster is? Boring horror movies? You ready to mark four tubs of delicious Harry's ice Cream to the winner? Boring horror movies? Daydream on l.
Speaker 4: Street, Silver.
Speaker 13: Of the Dead, Little performance from Drawn of the Dead, Gold on Libby the Hills, have ah size bronze as good as contact lenses.
Speaker 1: Oh my loved one. The Existentialist instead of the Exorcists that's smart but not funny. But I agree. Actually, now, man's the smartness on this show? I know any book learning around here points off winds off, that's one million points. Children are the corn flakes Gold, that's more like it. Well done, Sewing up ended hostel, the fun SI just hostel terrifying? Holo Bronze. Are any hostels fun? The Texas Chains snow massacre. They need a breakers off for two weeks. Take a two week break this come away with us. Everyone needs to snooze his news.
Speaker 4: Really normal activity, gold Plush.
Speaker 1: That's the really maybe. Thank god Catherine's there bride of Charles stead of Chucky.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that is a little bit more boring.
Speaker 1: Civil plus the soccer mummy returns. Why is it my son? Up front? Gold ghost dusters gold an American wears wool in London. Hello, he's got Jack's them from Country Road. That's real. Allen in Canberra, well done for that. Thursday the twelfth, I'm looking at the others and I know who's getting Harry's terms of his ice cream.
Speaker 9: Well done.
Speaker 4: I think it was Catherine. Really normal activity.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast time.
Speaker 1: Now before we head off from break to give away one thousand dollars in cash the corner of the week thanks to Mercedes Benz Barrick. Visit them on site and they are still available online. Here are something to some of our favorite quarters this week. Hello, Hello, Hello, the Christian O'Connell show, hell Coller of the week playing chips. I don't understand anyone could actually choose them. It's just the lowest common denominate.
Speaker 7: David I used to make the potato chips back at Yarrabella Snackslid. I actually reckon that the plane hips were.
Speaker 10: Actually really good.
Speaker 1: Who is this guy that we called David Bomber? Chip Mack, Wendy. What's the letter G in the eighties?
Speaker 4: For you?
Speaker 12: It has to be Richard gea officer and a gentleman.
Speaker 8: Best movie ever? I went on three dates to see.
Speaker 12: The same movie, but I ended up marrying the last guy. So I suppose it makes it all okay, doesn't it okay?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 1: What a lovely way to talk about your current marics? What have you dropped? Fred? Good morning?
Speaker 8: I had a motor that I built about eighteen thousand dollars worth, had her on a pallor on a forklift, had my son hold on one side. I hit a bit of a bump and it.
Speaker 7: Sort of tilked it over come far and off there talk us yelled.
Speaker 8: Out to my son catch it. Well, it was just a reaction.
Speaker 7: It's the crowd at my start.
Speaker 8: Yeo going to be head of the hell did you not hold that up there?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell A week? All right? Cool the week, Fred, Yes, Brad, you won a thousand dollars in cash.
Speaker 9: Oh that's good night.
Speaker 8: Fully stick yep.
Speaker 1: Makes up for the dropped car engine that your son somehow wasn't masaged to catch for you.
Speaker 8: Oh no, he still has me another peersand bucks rigan.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well listen enjoy spending one thousand dollars. Well done, you're a corner of the week.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, have a nice weekend, all right, before we head off for our break. When we return, we're going to be getting very very excited on this show about Tokyo. I know it's not going to be a normal kind of Olympics, however, still going to be amazing, so much so that we are really getting behind Team Australia and every time Team Australia get a gold, but we are going to give away something to one of you. What is the weight of what we're giving away Jack?
Speaker 4: The prize will be seventy three kilograms.
Speaker 1: So every time, right we're all watching the Olympics, we see the national anthem and Australian national anth and that means in the next day show we're giving away how many keynotes seventy three kilograms for every gold medal? Now, just so we understand how many we might be giving away whatever these things are. How was Australia fired at the last couple.
Speaker 4: Last two Olympics eight gold medals? But you only hear.
Speaker 1: That. Yeah, I'm just looking at Team GB for example, twenty sixteen, twenty seven, twenty twelve. Obviously we had home advantage, a stunning twenty nine. We'll never do any of that again.
Speaker 4: I think we're going back to our heyday though, Sydney in Athens sixteen goals, seventeen golds in Athens, we could break the twenty in Tokyo twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: So it means that when we come back, we'll be getting into the Empics while away. If there's anybody listening, if your son or daughter of distant cousin or a friend is actually going out there, whether they be out there now, four Team Australia please email us. We really want to start getting behind all these amazing athletes who in quite extraordinary circumstances have still got to I've still had to isolate and train and focus on last year and then he got moved to this year, and so it is great that it's back, and this show is getting very very excited about it. When we come back the first beat back, we will tell you what it is we're giving away. They really are.
Speaker 4: Massive, seventy three kilogram huge.
Speaker 1: So when we're back, we're getting excited about our Goldethon. In the meantime, of course they're not all on a break. Oh I keep thinking they're coming with us. Well you all going listeners anyway? Nice. I am meant to be going to Queensland, but I live in the suburb next to the one that's got dodgy dry cleaners at the moment, so I don't know whether I might be knocking on your door, Jackie Boy out at Country Victoria.
Speaker 4: We would have the family up. But best of life for you getting to Queen's Left.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right, Patsy, have a great birthday weekend. I will thanks boys, and we'll see you guys in two weeks time. Thank you very much. All the calls, all the emails of the last couple of weeks. You are like, we're doing Call of the Week and stand by your band and Knock Off Friday. You're such a big part of everything we're doing, and they've been a last couple of weeks have been so many moments, so many magical moments of you guys are really supporting us Jack this week and me a couple of weeks ago, Matthew last week. Thank you very very much. We will see you in two weeks time. Bye bye everyone.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast