Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboom Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Concer podcast. This is the podcast where we ch have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, We're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass you by.
Speaker 2: Then you're in the right place.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome back to the potty. Today's episode is a mini pep talk from me. It's almost think of like you just got a voice message a VM from me, which is my favorite way to communicate. My team know this, and I was just feeling so called on our road trip with Tim and Ivy, so Ivy was asleep. Tim was driving, and I was like, Tim, don't talk to me. I have just had this download, and I just well, I was going through my emails and I really wanted to do an episode ignore all the driving sounds, but she just had to do it. Just think I'm sending you a VM and also like the audio isn't the best, but.
Speaker 2: The message is really important.
Speaker 3: She's very powerful.
Speaker 1: It's very powerful, and I'm basically just sharing a recent experience where I was given an opportunity that I hadn't manifested, but it wasn't quite it. It wasn't quite there, and I kind of had this option to accept that standard that level or hold out and be like, no, this isn't it, so I'm not going to take this.
Speaker 2: And it was just.
Speaker 1: Very interesting, very divine. I had to share it with you guys. It was definitely a manifesting moment where I'm like, wow, that turned out better than I could have imagined, and it was such a great reminder for me. So I thought you guys would love it. But firstly, our weekly recommendations t T.
Speaker 2: I have two Yes.
Speaker 3: Number one is the rise Up.
Speaker 1: I actually I'd just recommend this every week. Oh you can did it in a while?
Speaker 3: I did one. I did the Attract a New Opportunity meditation, but the shortened version that Coop recorded.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I did that this morning too.
Speaker 2: Did you so good?
Speaker 3: It's really good? It was so amazing. And I have set myself a challenge to wake up a little bit earlier every day and start my day with a lemon water and a meditation in bed. So I have been really making sure I hit the rise at meditation.
Speaker 2: So that's my wreck.
Speaker 3: And we'll pop a sneaky link in the show notes for a free week.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because yeah, we're doing a seven day free trial.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So make sure you guys have no excuse to check out the rights app.
Speaker 3: And my second recommendation is it ends with us. I went on Friday.
Speaker 1: You cannot take my recommendation.
Speaker 3: It was so beautiful. I actually hadn't read the book, so I didn't know quite what I was walking into. I knew that like the themes and stuff were quite deep and that sort of thing, and again like trigger warding, it is a very heavy movie, so do your research before going in. But oh my goodness, I was a mess in the cinema.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: It was so beautiful, Like yeah.
Speaker 3: Not a beautiful no, no, it was beautiful, but like such an important story to tell and told so well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I loved it too. I went and saw it twice last week, once when at first it came out on the Thursday, and then I got back from my holiday and saw it with Center and Saturday night, and then during the week I went and saw it with other girlfriends. Oh my god, just because I loved it so much. I did read the books and loved the books and loved the movies. People have some really interesting criticism that I'm like, I swear people just love to win. That's the vibe I get with criticism of this movie. I'm like, look, I get it, but also a piece of content cannot be perfect, and I feel like people just like the overarching you know what they've tried to do, the messaging, the fact that a story like this is even being told in such you know such like like this is literally such a huge movie. It's such a huge thing with huge stars. It's so good that a story like this is being told. Yeah, and so much light has being shine on it. Of course, you know, things can be done differently, and there's always room for that, but like the overall message and you know what the actors are and how they're promoting.
Speaker 2: It and stuff.
Speaker 1: I think it's been done really well, and I think it's like so good that we're even having conversations about it. So I also loved it, and I do recommend it's such a good film. My recommendation is, well, it's not a recommendation, but it's just like, well, I definitely recommend it ends with us. But I think I'm gonna start getting up at four am.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're gonna come into the four am club. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: Well. I got up at four am this morning because I dropped my cousin to the airport. Yeah, she stayed with us over the weekend. And I then went for a walk before my gym class, my five forty five gym class, and it was so nice, and I'm like, I do feel a little bit tired this morning, but it was so nice.
Speaker 2: It was fine.
Speaker 1: I just went to bed earlier and I had a whole extra hour in the day.
Speaker 2: And I do sometimes find.
Speaker 1: I don't have enough time to do a meditation or listen to a podcast or give back to myself. So I'm like, there is an hour in the morning when I vis asleep, even to him sleep that I could be taking for myself, and I think I want to. So I think that, like, let's see what happens. But just today I'm like, I think I want to start working out at four am. I know it's going to be a struggle at the start to then get my body clock in the four am club, and I'm like, no, I think I need to start doing it, especially because it is getting lighter and warmer. Yeah, it's a lot easier to get out of bed in Queensland. Sorry, I thought beck Stewart had recommended she started reading The five Am Club as well. At the book and that he says you need to do something for your mindset, your soul set, your heart set and your health set before you start your day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's my next thing I want to try and do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you read the book?
Speaker 3: I haven't yet, It's on my list.
Speaker 1: Read the book. It's a really interesting way that he do it. He tells it as a story, so it's not like the usual personal development book and I actually found it a little bit difficult because I was like, get to the point, just tell me what I need to do. But I've been like hanging on for the tools. But he tells it in a story. I love that. Yeah, So anyway, I would recommend you read the book to I feel like it. But yeah, it's yeah, it's really good and I'm like, I think I am going to join the four I Am Club. We'll report back to us.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, let's get into this littill.
Speaker 4: BM For me, my loves, this is your reminder to hold your vision, but not only hold your vision.
Speaker 2: But hold the standard of your vision.
Speaker 1: At the start of twenty twenty four, I had this huge.
Speaker 2: Goal that I really wanted to shift.
Speaker 5: My personal brand away from less you know, influencing, taking on brand collaborations, and I really wanted to move more into the public speaking space.
Speaker 2: Also, this feels very natural for me because I have the podcast.
Speaker 1: Like I say, I could talk under water, but I really felt this just next level of you know, speaking on stages and really sharing my story and really captivating people.
Speaker 2: And I think.
Speaker 1: This felt so good to me and integral to me because I truly believe storytelling is what changes lives, like if I think back to any time that I have gone out and been courageous, I've made a big decision in my life.
Speaker 2: I've changed my life.
Speaker 5: It's because I have heard a story from someone else either doing a similar thing or you know, they have changed my emotional state to the point where I was like, I can do it too.
Speaker 1: And stories really evoke emotion, and I really think they're the catalysts two changing lives. And that's you know, I truly believe that's like marketing one oh one is like, don't sell the product, sell the story, sell the emotion, sell them what you're going to get at the end.
Speaker 2: That was a big tangent.
Speaker 1: But storytelling so important, and it was twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: And it's funny because I have.
Speaker 5: Always not been opposed to events, but in the influencer space, I just felt like events were quite surface level sometimes, especially influencer events, like you know, you go that's put on by the brand, and you would meet various people, they all have their own agendas, and that's fine, like that's networking. But I just I don't know, I just felt like a bit like I was like, oh, I don't know if this.
Speaker 1: Is like worth my energy I also am someone who I have a super close circle, and I don't have a large group of friends, so I don't feel like I need more friends, like it's always good to have people in the industry. So I had this kind of weird relationship with events where I didn't love going. But then it's like, you know, COVID happened and there wasn't any events, and then we kind of moved into this new direction and I feel like events are picking back up. And in twenty twenty three, I started going to a couple of retreats, so not just events, but like you know, three day retreats where it was either hosted by someone or a brand, and you really got to dive deeper. And I found that I had such transformation from these retreats and I got so much out of them, and I started to you know, like events again and was like, no, they actually can.
Speaker 2: Be super powerful.
Speaker 1: You just have to have the right people, the right intention, and you need to be able to you know, go deeper.
Speaker 2: And really impact people. So I started like events again.
Speaker 1: And at the end of twenty twenty three, I was speaking to my manager, so she handles any brand deals I have, like my collaboration, you know with liskd if I work with a brand, but also she handles anything like speaking arrangements, which I've done a couple here and there over the years, but like nothing consistent.
Speaker 2: And so we had a conversation.
Speaker 5: I said to her, I'm really feeling a pull to in person events and speaking them and leading them, Like I even have such.
Speaker 2: A poll to retreats.
Speaker 1: I am hosting our Rise and Concer Manifestation retreat soon.
Speaker 2: It is a solut retreat. And then we also just launched our.
Speaker 1: Naked Harvest Wellness from Within retreat that I believe is also sold out, and I'm just so excited for them and they feel so good.
Speaker 2: But then on my personal.
Speaker 1: Brand side, I was like I really want to start, yeah, doing speaking arrangements and not just like getting asked to speak at an event, but getting paid for it, like that Energy exchange where you know, someone is like we need Georgie to share her story to impact people. And it's not me just like going there to share, you know, to plug my brands, but it's like I'm getting paid to show up and change people's lives, Like that.
Speaker 2: Is what I want. So I got really clear on that at the end of last year. So then that was one of my.
Speaker 5: Manifestation goals in twenty twenty four, I said to my manager, like, that's what I'm focusing on. We changed my media kit, you know, we did some very things and I, you know, put on.
Speaker 2: My vision board.
Speaker 1: I've got like this woman speaking on stage. And it's crazy because it's mid year and I already have like I've already done two big speaking arrangements. I'm just about to do my third at the fit Her Expo, which is the biggest health and wellness expo. And then also I have two already locked in coming up. And it's crazy because again I've done some very.
Speaker 5: Speaking but all these speaking arrangements are paid like my full fee.
Speaker 1: They are like really they feel like really big deals to me, and they feel really exciting and really aligned.
Speaker 5: And I haven't reached out to anyone. They have always been reaching out to me. They have always felt easy and flowy.
Speaker 1: They haven't like previously when I go to events, I usually get home and I'm just like drained, and that's why I really limited events. But the first two I've already done. Yes, you know, like it's definitely it takes a lot of energy. But it feels so could and it feels so exciting, and it's crazy because there's just such a shift in my energy and obviously, you know, I know how to protect my energy now I.
Speaker 2: Have grown and evolved.
Speaker 1: But my whole point of this brand is that was my manifestation goal. And we had another you know, another speaking arrangement pop in the.
Speaker 2: In box and ask me. And it feels really exciting, and you know, they have asked me to speak, and we sent the.
Speaker 1: Rates and they came back and they were like, oh, look, you know, we don't have the biggest budget called Georgie basically half my rates and it is a brand that it feels very exciting and it feels very like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would love to do.
Speaker 1: A speaking you know thing for this brand, and I would love to, you know, for that to be like it feels like an accomplishment once I finish it.
Speaker 2: And I noticed, I just noticed I kind of had this decision.
Speaker 1: And in saying that, you know, I had a talk of Jacyntha and she's like, Oh, it's completely up to you if you want to harve your rais or and whatnot. Like it is an exciting opportunity, but I had to go back to the energy and the intention.
Speaker 5: And you know, my big thing with doing these spinking arrangements is, yes, I want to go out there and I want to share my message, but I wanted to feel like a really great energy exchange where I want to show up on the day and just give my absolute all and just like it feels so good energetically because it is such a big energetic thing for me with events, so and like my rate really is very reasonable, so it being.
Speaker 1: Halved, I just was like, look, this is exciting, it's in line with.
Speaker 2: My goals, but it just doesn't feel good.
Speaker 1: And I feel like energetically, if I drop this standard, I definitely would still show up and give my best. But again I'm like, I know that I can have my manifestations in the full form, and I can have them in the full exchange.
Speaker 2: I can have exactly what I want like that. That's what I teach you guys, That's what I preach.
Speaker 1: And so I did notice it's like the universe kind of dangling a carrot and kind of being like, you know, are you gonna lower your standards? Are you're gonna take less just because it's exciting and shiny, and so I said, too, Jacinta, I was like, no, we're going to We did, like lower it the tiniest bit because I do understand budget and you know, things happening in the economy right now and all that sort of thing, and like, I'm a brand, so I do get it.
Speaker 2: So I said, look, this is the best rate we can do. This feels really good.
Speaker 1: For Georgie, and especially like the level of this brand, Like I knew.
Speaker 5: They did have the budget, if that makes sense. Like I'm I'm an insider, I've got my own brands.
Speaker 1: I've been in the industry for a very long time, and so I just was like energetically, I was like, this still feels like a really great exchange.
Speaker 2: And I just was like, no, I'm not going to lower the standard.
Speaker 1: Because if it's not this opportunity, there's gonna be another one.
Speaker 2: Because that's my truth, that's the reality I live.
Speaker 1: In, and I feel like sometimes it's really easy to get excited about things and kind of just accept less even though that's not the exact desire because it kind of like half fits or it's like kind of what you want it to be, just like Yep, I'll take it, and look, there's a time and place for that.
Speaker 2: I've definitely done that along my journey.
Speaker 1: But I think there is such this incredible power with holding your standard and being like, no, Universe, thank you for showing me that it's a pility, but I want the whole thing. I want it in this you know, in this way, at this energy level, because that's what feels good for me.
Speaker 2: Like that's the vibe.
Speaker 5: So anyway, we went back to them, we were like, no, this is the rate, this is the best we can do.
Speaker 1: We do completely understand if you want to go with someone else. And that's like I just had to wear that. And it's crazy because last night.
Speaker 2: I woke up in the middle of the night and I was like I should have just.
Speaker 1: Gone half and I should have just got this opportunity because it's really exciting and it's a great opportunity to practice my public speaking and blah blah blah blah blah. And I was even going to message to Center and say just email them and like say we'll do half the rate.
Speaker 2: And then I was like.
Speaker 1: Got up in the morning and I was like, no, Georgia, that's not the vibe. Like stop, and I had to be like, remember your mission, remember your why Energetically does that feel good to you?
Speaker 2: Know?
Speaker 5: You're doing it out of a scarcity mindset, a scarcity energy which matters.
Speaker 2: So no, that's not the answer. You need to hold the standard.
Speaker 1: You need to hold the vibration of what you want and if not, this somethink better. So anyway, had this full pep talk with myself, had to practice what I preached. And I just got a text from JR Center not only has the brand come back, and being like, oh good, I spoke to my boss and we're happy to lock this in.
Speaker 2: But they said, we'll just pay her full rate.
Speaker 1: So I even offered them a discount and they're like, ah, no, it's all good.
Speaker 2: We'll pay her full rate. And I was like, if.
Speaker 1: This isn't the universe rewarding me and being like that was a test and you absolutely passed it, Like I don't know what it is?
Speaker 2: Like how wild is that? My loves?
Speaker 5: And so I wanted to jump on here and send you this VM and say one hundred said, hold your vision and hold the standard and make sure that you're not accepting.
Speaker 2: Less out of scarcity.
Speaker 1: You can absolutely accept less if energetically it's like, no, this feels really good to me.
Speaker 2: But if you're just accepting less out of scarcity and out of you think that's.
Speaker 5: All your worth, or you know something better isn't coming, or you're just like worried, like you're feeling unstable, this could be such a great practice moment for you to hold.
Speaker 1: The vision, know your standard and lock in and be like I'm locking in universe, like show me. And that's the thing is I truly was happy with if they came back and they were like, it's not you. I was just like cool, that's like it's good to know. Obviously it's not meant to be. And I was at peace with that.
Speaker 2: And it's because I.
Speaker 1: Detached from it, Like that's the last step of manifesting. It's surrender and detachment. I had detached from it, so there was no weird, funky energy where I was like trying to hold on to it.
Speaker 2: I was trying to make something work.
Speaker 1: And I truly believe that's why they came back like well, buy it all right, Like I don't even really understand that, like it doesn't make logical sense.
Speaker 2: But also this stuff doesn't what I teach you doesn't. So anyway, I went on a whole other rant.
Speaker 1: I just really wanted to tell you this story and say, you get to hold the.
Speaker 2: Vision, you get to hold the standard.
Speaker 1: You are so deserving, you are so worthy, and absolutely everything is happening for you, so you have.
Speaker 2: To trust it. Okay, my loves.
Speaker 5: I hope you have an amazing day or night whenever you're listening, and I'll chat to you in the next episode.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Rise and con podcast and join our Facebook discussion group a Rise and Conker podcast community.
Speaker 2: We're an independent.
Speaker 1: Podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, and look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.