Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Whilst we were sleeping, people at the Mars Corporation have decided, against our consultation, to kick out the bounty from the humble box of a great tub of celebrations. And let's not get into right now. We'll say that another time. Whether you're a Favorites person or a celebrations, let's work together on this. Those little miniatures have been living together in harmony since the nineties when they first came into our lives.
Speaker 4: And I love a bounty, big or small. I'll often actually go a twin pack of a bounty.
Speaker 3: I don't like a bounty, but I respect it's right to be in that celebration thing. Okay, all right, don't I call it. But I'm not gonna I'm not gonna pylon guys. I'm not gonna be that person. I don't want you to be that as well.
Speaker 4: That's the thing about a box of celebrations, as it is with a box of favorite It gives you choice and it might not be for you, but somebody like me, I'll put my hand on the bit it.
Speaker 1: When we were kids, there was a big marketing campaign.
Speaker 3: It was setting the TV advert open like a beautiful white beach palm tree, and it was sold as a taste of paradise for the humble Bounty bus my mum's favored chocolate.
Speaker 1: If you had to kick out one.
Speaker 3: By the way, just remember if we can all reel off between the three of us, what's in the celebrations.
Speaker 4: And we've actually sent somebody out to Coles to go and get a bar.
Speaker 3: Just come back in. He's just come back in. So there's obviously well, there was Bounty.
Speaker 4: Snickers, Mars, Mars.
Speaker 1: Twigs, Malteasers.
Speaker 4: Yes, that fake Maltese fain teaser. I don't like a Maltese No, it's called it a teaser. Was like Malteser crumbled up.
Speaker 1: Give me the Malteesa, but don't tease me with the teaser.
Speaker 3: Cherry Ripe Galaxy they.
Speaker 4: Would never put two coconut based chocolate Galaxy Galaxy.
Speaker 1: Yes, with a galaxy No no, no, it's.
Speaker 3: Take the galaxy out, get the mass bar out that's been living on former Glories for years.
Speaker 1: It's the tigers go in the mix. Great, but not anymore.
Speaker 4: Mars bars kind of like their poster boy though you can't get rid of the front and center if he's a lead singer.
Speaker 1: Really, has anyone ever had an entire Mars bark? You can't. That's sickly. There's too much in there. It's too aggressible. Practice will agree this.
Speaker 4: Miles Barry is kind of overrated, even though he's the front man of the bear.
Speaker 1: Kick them out? So is that all late? There's a in the milky Milky Way?
Speaker 4: Is that one Milky Way?
Speaker 1: Everyone needs a cute little brother. Milky Way is a lovely, cute little one.
Speaker 4: Milky Ways essentially a Mars bar without all the stuff.
Speaker 3: That a little shot, you know, if you don't have a whole pint or something. It's just a little titty one.
Speaker 4: A bit boring. I would get before the bounty. I'd get rid of Milky Way. I get rid of my take it.
Speaker 3: Go for a walk, jack clear ahead, man, Now, I don't like the person in front of me.
Speaker 1: Whoever this is to think about?
Speaker 3: When was do you know what? Bring the box in? Bring the box in. There's parently need to have CPR. By the way, he looks like he's gonna blow.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Did you run down there?
Speaker 3: It's a short run and it's uphill coming back. All right, So we're going to open this up right during the ads, you're going to call in which one should leave?
Speaker 4: I say, mass bar, I'm saying, I'm saying, milky way.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, though?
Speaker 3: Could you just do one thing? Five minutes time we're regroup, we'll come back on it. We're take some calls. Can you just try live on a milky bar and be honest about what how it.
Speaker 1: Makes you go?
Speaker 4: I remember what they are, basic chocolate.
Speaker 1: It's like an X. Go back to it. Just see what the magic store there.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: For over two hundred years, Celebrations chocolates don't need to look it up.
Speaker 1: That's the truth. A right.
Speaker 3: For over two hundred and fifty million years, celebrations chocolates have lived in harmony together. Yes they're different, but they respect the differences. They come together to give us so much joy. Every time you open up that time you see them all in there, all going pick me, pick me, eat me. You know no you don't like some of them. I have everything like a bounty by the respect is right to be in there. You know we know what bounty is. It's the bombers. You know, it's kind of choked one, like, yeah, why not have them around for giggles, you know, act the other bombers of the mix. Okay, Mars are tigers to me. If I had to kick one of them out, Okay, if I was one of the big wooes, I'm thinking Snickers, Mars or this not non entity either. Give me the more teaser, but not what that turd is. Basically the teaser, the teaser more teaser. That is not a more tea. So why do you need to tease me? Give me a more teaser?
Speaker 4: I think we should just acknowledge they're never going to kick out Mars because they're the Mars Corporation. The son of the owner they're going to kick out goes right to the top. He's protected. I hate to say it because he's a boring bar, but he's going to stay in there. I would get rid of the teaser as well as I would the milky way.
Speaker 1: Now just try a milky way right now.
Speaker 4: I've had one before, but thank you for giving me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just try again now. Okay, So we sent Perry out to go and get a box of celebrations. This is going to be limited edition.
Speaker 4: Soon Milki Wave is way better than I remember that. Pretty good? Yeah well yeah came out.
Speaker 1: No way, no way. Now try have you got snickers there?
Speaker 4: No chuck one over? I've got a galaxy?
Speaker 1: Try Galaxy means I'm snickers there. I'll take some calls. You try that. Monica, Good morning, Monica, good morning?
Speaker 2: How are you all?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Outraged? Outraged? And Monica, what do you reckon? Which one should they boot out? Oh?
Speaker 1: Do not?
Speaker 2: I don't even remember what a galaxy tastes like?
Speaker 5: The galaxy and get a.
Speaker 3: March? Hang on a minute, So about this, Monica, come, I say, what you're doing doing like the baby burn trucking up?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 4: What are you doing trying to eat a galaxy?
Speaker 1: But he's a little one. Why are you got gobbing it back into your hands? Baby pigeon?
Speaker 4: Nobody just poured out of your mouth.
Speaker 1: Seen, it's not convening to wait clearly to Monica, Si Moonica, let's get you back.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, what you're saying, I'm playing galaxy?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: What is even? Is it? Is it fake? Miles bar because I can't even remember what it tastes like. It's so it's so forgetable.
Speaker 1: Tria. It is not forgettable.
Speaker 2: It's oh yeah, it is. It's all the way.
Speaker 3: It's not Snickers. It's got too much chewiness in there. It's too much, too demanding, too longer.
Speaker 2: Peanuts, every other chocolate in there will last year like thirty seconds, speakers last year a minute because you're constantly chewing.
Speaker 1: And then that's not a good thing. A good chocolate should be devoured in nano.
Speaker 5: Seconds when calories.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: We just found this.
Speaker 3: This is the old TV commercial for Bounty.
Speaker 1: It's that big old.
Speaker 3: Bounty is mice to tender coconut covered with a thick, smooth chocolate Bounty, the taste of paradise, dice paradise?
Speaker 2: Are we right now?
Speaker 4: What is sad? It's Bounty I'm just seeing here just celebrated its seventieth birthday as a chocolate wow on it's birthday. It's getting booted out.
Speaker 1: It's sad times.
Speaker 3: People in a musk is ruining Twitter and now the mass bar booting out Bounty.
Speaker 1: Wake up, sheep, Paul, Let's go to worse soup sue.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: See what do you reckon? Which one should leave? Keep the bounty in.
Speaker 5: No, definitely not I tried them when they first came out. I didn't like them then, I don't like them now.
Speaker 2: I'm seventy three in January.
Speaker 5: It was a long time ago.
Speaker 2: And as for your little spiel before, pick me, pick me, pick me, my bounty bargos, don't bloody pick me.
Speaker 5: I'm awful.
Speaker 4: I would say, try again, try them again. I haven't had for seventy years. Come taste to change.
Speaker 1: Yes, cells in your body. You've regenerated and.
Speaker 5: They still will be.
Speaker 2: They haven't changed. The rest of celebration should never.
Speaker 1: I'm going to buy a box of celebrations. I'm sending it around to youlls on a Monday. You're going to try try it again, live on end on the phone.
Speaker 3: Okay please, oh god, okay, okay, okay, all right, thanks Sue. Let's get SU's address. Tony, good morning, Oh good morning.
Speaker 5: How are you going?
Speaker 1: Well? Outraged? Outraged?
Speaker 5: Well, it's an outrageous topic. But to be honest, I don't really mind which one gets dropped out. The most important thing is that its replacement should be the mini polywaffle.
Speaker 3: This issore, I'll be chucking new ones in.
Speaker 1: They work together. There's a structural integrity there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is the issue they have at the moment is there's too many in there already and they're trying to kick one out. We can't be bringing new ones in.
Speaker 1: You can't bring up kick two out Tony wish two? Would you kick out if you were in charge at Mars?
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter. I may be a Mars bar and I don't know any of the other ones the galaxy. Yeah, but what's not to celebrate about a mini polywaffle? Right? And you know if one was to accidentally fall into the bar, or the or the basin, you know you've got something to talk about, all right?
Speaker 1: Put Tony through? What's that got to do?
Speaker 4: It looks like a picnic in.
Speaker 3: Only all The producer's warned us about a quarter called two that she might take it in a diffrection.
Speaker 1: You didn't want it about Tony No One for one O four three Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, I can't believe I'm hearing from the radio this morning they're kicking out bounty bars from celebrations. I brought one, just one last night. I Paul, whole World's a dumpster truck right now? Cancel Christmas?
Speaker 4: Even more offensive than that on the front of the celebrations box going to say no Bounty with a big logo on it. They're actually kicking the boot into Bounty, but celebrating.
Speaker 1: Where is all this coming from? This aunty Bounty feeling the Arnie?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning guys. How are you love the show?
Speaker 3: Well, bless you, Thank you very much for listening. Leannie, Now you happy with the news that Bounty is being kicked out? Or do you love a bounty?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm actually glad the bounty is going place. Whenever you put a bowl out, that's the one that goes last. But I've got some news to tell you. They will never ever get rid of the Mars Bar, or they'll never ever get rid of the Milky Way, because it was the Milky Way's invention, which was ya chocolate tea father and his son who started the whole business of making chocolate products like Mars Bars. So they will never ever get rid of the Milky Way, and they won't get rid of My Bars. And eventually Mars Bars brought out the owners who invented the Milky Way. So that's just a little bit of history for you guys.
Speaker 3: This is great you're schooling us in the history of chocolate.
Speaker 1: And I love a milky Way. That father son day knew what they were doing those.
Speaker 2: Chocolates absolutely, and they actually went to Hershey, mister Hershey, you know, the Hershey.
Speaker 1: Mister Hershey to me, Yeah, they went.
Speaker 2: To the Hershey gentlemen and actually borrowed money from him to make their milky way see me, Hershey, yep. And they actually took over the sales of Hershey bars, which were very very popular because the consumer thought that they were actually getting something bigger and larger because it was fatter, much much fatter than what the Hershey bars were, very very fine.
Speaker 1: Kind of rolled out on it like a thin crossed pizza.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right. So and this all came about after the war, and they were actually advertising chocolate bars as a healthy, nutritional thing to eat because there was a shortage of food. Of course, after World War two and World War One.
Speaker 1: He destroyed all the chocolate reserves of the world.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it, So.
Speaker 4: Doesn't it, Leoni? Doesn't the bounty deserve its place in history as well? Seventy years old I'm.
Speaker 2: Reading, Look, I liked the bounty too, But if I had a choice, I would go for the Milky Way or the Mars bar Foirst And I think that's what it comes down. You know what people will go fall first and what sort of left behind.
Speaker 3: Only I've got to ask you, how do you know all this incredible knowledge to just call us up and drop all this storige about the history of chocolate.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll tell you how. And it's really unfortunately a lot of people don't know this. On the television, there was a fabulous program which was called The Food That Built America, The Food that Built America, which was actually produced by DiCaprio, Leonardo DiCaprio. It would have to be one of the best series in my life. So it's called.
Speaker 1: Mister Hershey in It, Bigadam Does he play mister Hershey in it? Is it a movie?
Speaker 2: No, it was like a series, like a series, you know, like a Netflix series or something like that. It is absolutely brilliant. So I highly recommend that all of you try and find it on Netflix or whatever you know, and one of them will have it for sure. They also did two other series which was just as brilliant, and it was called The Titans That Built America and also another one that was something to do with billionaires of America as well. Highly recommend them, you love them to watch them before.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. Hey, have a lovely weekend. Chocolate thank you even awesome, awesome.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much, Christian, have a great day.
Speaker 4: How great was here?
Speaker 1: What a dive into the history of chocolate, Welburn. You're welcome, Thanks Leannie.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.