Speaker 1: It's a Christian Acmors Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Come on, everybody, welcome not only to the show, but to February twenty twenty one as well. Well done everyone.
Speaker 3: We made it through January. Come on in, Jack Post.
Speaker 4: It does feel like a mile so after twenty twenty in the dismal year, it was it's like, guys, we're through January. We just have to keep our head down and keep going.
Speaker 3: It's in the rearview mirror. Come on in, Patsy morning.
Speaker 4: Boys.
Speaker 2: Do you know over the weekend, me and my family as we head into our third year of living in our Australia Maine a couple months timely three years we've been here. Another big milestone. I walked into this weekend that I had no idea what this part of life is like. We don't have an equivalent in the UK. Getting the dress for Ruby's formal next month.
Speaker 4: Oh, you don't have any type of formal or prompt?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I think do you mate that?
Speaker 4: So you don't have a dance or anything?
Speaker 2: Nah? Not really like that. No, to us, it's always seemed like an American thing, and then we came here and you guys have got it as well, so Patty, you can relate to this. It's all about that flipping dress.
Speaker 5: Where did you go? Did you hit cheddy?
Speaker 2: Oh? I'll get into it later on this morning, but honestly, it just came out of nowhere. Thursday night was when she just changed my thought. She was going, oh my god, everyone's already got their dresses. They're posting it, They're posting their dresses. People are commenting on that. I need to get the dress to post it. I went, what's more portant getting the dress or getting the dress and posting it? Posting it?
Speaker 3: I'm like, when is it?
Speaker 2: And she's like, that says March only in February. We got ages to whatever that. No, you need to take me Saturday. I went, Saturday, I'm looking. We're looking for dresses. So I had to take her around various shops. Honestly, it was like Cinderella finding the Golden dress. To find this formal dress. It's a big deal, isn't the pressure on girls? Absolute?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there is a lot of pressure. But you wait then there's all the appointments to hear, the nails, the tanning, all the stuff, the limo.
Speaker 2: So well, I said, look, why don't you go with your dad, right. Andrewy said he's terrible. He hates going shop, and went, no, no, I'm great for two hours. You'll get me one hundred percent for two hours. After that, I have to go home. I can't concentrate. Can you guys shop for more than two hours?
Speaker 4: Same thing? I'd shopped once a year for close two hours and then I burned out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I find that my blood sugar levels get low.
Speaker 3: It's like a phone battery. At the end of my energy goes down.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think it's that the lighting in clothes shops, ladies close shop, the lighting in there, it does something to my DNA which just reduces it. So I did two hours and then she went, no, no, you can't go home. Now we need to get the shoes to go with the dress. I went, that's next Saturday. Different. So it's going to be like a Netflix kind of series. Once a week, We're not binging this whole outfit. Once a week. We'll act to the outfit. Week after that. I'm going to take it looking for the ear rings. It'll be all good in time for the former in March. But yeah, I had no idea what a big deal of the former one.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So I was still and my six year old daughter coming to terms with something we'd haven't got in the UK. The pressure of the form, all the dress, the hair, posting on their snapchats, whatever they do, and then what their friends are saying, and then over analyzing the comments from the friends as well. That's what we also had to deal with. On my Saturday evening, she just put here love with a heart. But when I saw her dress support I really love this, You'll look great now, and I put two hearts. I'm like, is this Saturday night?
Speaker 6: Is my? Why?
Speaker 3: Lord?
Speaker 2: What was your weekend? Jackie? Why? How is yours?
Speaker 7: I had the big Chris Kringle yesterday, late late Christmas party, beautiful day yesterday, all the extended family out at a picnic at Burnley Park's.
Speaker 2: So how many of you?
Speaker 4: There was probably forty of us, including.
Speaker 7: Like one giant painted blanket, one cousins who've got kids, and all the kids running around and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh you love all that chaos?
Speaker 3: Oh he loves all that.
Speaker 2: Man, if it's not very quiet and organized, where were you hiding hunder tree or up a tree?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 3: I didn't come down.
Speaker 7: I already strategically planned to come an hour late because I knew that was well.
Speaker 3: The kids would have borne out by then.
Speaker 4: Maybe, oh they lost a bit of steam by that.
Speaker 3: Strategically an hour.
Speaker 7: Why do you go for three or four hours? If I came an hour late, she's still there for the most of it.
Speaker 3: It's not this breakfast show.
Speaker 2: Don't turn up the first hour about seven fifteen, seven thirty, they're rocking by then.
Speaker 7: I was excluded from the Chris Kringle because I didn't bring a gift.
Speaker 4: I guess that's just me.
Speaker 2: No, did you bring a gift?
Speaker 4: I thought it was the yankee wasn't there yesterday?
Speaker 2: She was?
Speaker 4: She had work yesterday.
Speaker 7: No, no, But I guess she usually is the one who like remembers like, oh, we got to get a gift for the Chris Kringle. So as I was half an hour into my hour of leisure time before I left to go to the party that had already started, I remembered I didn't have a Chris Kringle gift.
Speaker 2: Who didn't think, maybe go someone get something?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I did think maybe I'll get it on the way.
Speaker 2: But then the way we say that the way to most things, just a really boring route.
Speaker 3: Is seven eleven slushy.
Speaker 4: Well, I've got on, I've got on city links.
Speaker 7: So I was like, oh wow, just a store on the bridge that you can pull over to buy a gift. So I thought, well, I just won't bring one. It's not that somebody misses out. They just put all the gifts in the middle, and it's that one where you can steal it off other people.
Speaker 2: I don't want to sound like your mum here, but if everyone acted like that chat, there'll be no gifts.
Speaker 4: So I got excluded.
Speaker 2: So what do you mean next? What have they said that to you?
Speaker 7: Well, every everybody, everybody was Game of Thrones. It was very frienned upon that I didn't bring a gift for the next hour and a half. I didn't realize how long the Chris Kringle took because it's such as opening gift, it's you can steal gifts off other people.
Speaker 3: It gets really edgy as well, doesn't.
Speaker 4: He honestly went for an hour and a half and I was there. I didn't bring a chair either, so I was.
Speaker 7: There lying on the ground, lying on the around, just watching them enjoy Chris Kringle.
Speaker 3: So it sounds awful for you and everybody.
Speaker 7: The only joy I really got old days after the Chris Kringle playing cricket against the kids who couldn't bowl very well because they're too young, and smacking.
Speaker 2: The older cousin who's got issues, you know, delight in just like hitting sixes.
Speaker 3: Go get it, Go get it.
Speaker 9: Tod, go get keep running, Todd got back.
Speaker 2: There goes another one. Jack's great Boh harder and catch me out. Stop crying, kids, Stop crying, Uncle Jack. Sit.
Speaker 3: She turned up with no present and no chair, just laid on the ground.
Speaker 4: I was officially the grinch of Chris Gringle.
Speaker 1: Wow, welcome the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: You know, when you're waiting for your coffee and you have read through the complimentary newspaper or two they've got there, you have a little look through, do you guys? Ever, if you're honest, sometimes rip out on article that you're interested in and check that no one sees that.
Speaker 4: I'll rip out the crossword from time to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did the rest of do year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yesterday, I was waiting for my coffee right in a little coffee shop and looking through the paper. There's one of those supplements yep, like one of these Body and Soul. They always on a Sunday, aren't they, Body and Soul? And they've always got the same kind of headlines, haven't they. You know six you know, six tips to become the new You for twenty twenty one. On the front right, I saw a picture of Sonny Krueger yep, and the headline was looking younger than ever at fifty five, and inside she'd tell you why. As a man who was two years away from fifty, I went, she does look she does not look fifty five. I need these secrets. So when I hit fifty in two years.
Speaker 7: Time, you can be seven years ahead of I want to be interviewed by Bonding, So in two years time for them to say, check out the word SONNYA.
Speaker 2: Krueger, But they say, Christian O'Connor is actually looking younger than ever, Actually looking younger. That's what I wanted two years time. So I think I need to know what Sonya Krueger's secrets are. So actually, not only did I read the article, I tore it out. It promised a lot like these always are like clickbait, aren't there The original clickbait was these Sunday supplements. So it's promised these tips that of how we could all look younger like Sonya Krueger at fifty five, she's getting younger. First of all, I'm like, well, this is interesting. She doesn't diet, not really into massively into exercise, but it's her youthfulness comes from her attitude. I'm thinking, okay, then they have one of these little things here. Sonya Krueger shares her tips for maintaining a youthful attitude that will give you a healthy, glowing vitality and skin.
Speaker 3: Or thinking I need just four tips for I.
Speaker 2: Can do this. Then I read that, I'm like, what a load of why did I read this? Or for this? Okay, all right, you guys all want to we all want to look younger, don't we?
Speaker 7: Well say, stay positive at least.
Speaker 2: Right, So, Sonya Krueger, how do you look like that at fifty five? Firstly, make friends with people who make you laugh. Right, Okay, a lot of my close friends are hello to the extent I think they're the ones who should be on TV.
Speaker 4: She's not really known for a TV comedian.
Speaker 2: I've been friends with my girlfriend Claire for more than thirty years, and she just cracks me up. Guys.
Speaker 3: So firstly I've written here is get to know Claire.
Speaker 2: Sonya Kreuger is mate and is going to take years off this boat race. Okay, next one, all right, right, so get rid of all your friends and don't make you laugh, jack, I just get rid of friends that don't. Next one, watch children's movie. Oh there's always a message in there, isn't there. Yeah, I never thought that, Sonya. I've been watching a home alone with Maggie. She laughs so much. That's all she had to say on that one. Two things that are unexpected. Two things that are unexpected. Everyone to take years off your face is the day I walk to work.
Speaker 4: That's how Benjamin Button do it.
Speaker 2: The day Sonya Krueger walked to work. If you ever seen Sonya Krueger walk to what you call the show, She's staying young. I took a backpack and pretended I was walking around Europe, young lady, pointing out that solo adventures wherever you are can be really reinvigorating. And then this one here, be mindful about nutrition. Kruger says that she mainly eats vegetables. Salads and lean protein. But if she's in a restaurant, she'd think nothing of sharing a dessert.
Speaker 3: Sharing.
Speaker 4: She should pretend she's in Europe, strike.
Speaker 2: Walking around there you go, guys, Now you know as much as idea about how to look younger at fifties.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian o'connells show podcast most of Us.
Speaker 2: On a Monday, when you wake up, you automatically go to that to do list of what Monday is, okay, before you even try and do any of Sonya Krueger's mindfulness techniques or put you're walking down the Chanz Ofalise, will you do any of that? You wake on Monday and you go to do this what is today? And then you think about the week, and then if it's not something you're looking forward to, like I know today, my wife has said either.
Speaker 3: You call them or I will call them on your behalf.
Speaker 2: When I'm an adult, I could sident myself. My dentist's been trying to get hold of me for a year to book in that filling appointment that I said, I just need to check my other diary and the diaries in the car or we can wait.
Speaker 4: No, the other cars a long way away because I walked in.
Speaker 2: Car has been stole them guys, the car has been stolen with my old school diary. So they kept calling me for the last year. They're now taken to calling my wife goes trying to get hold of your husband, misstroke about a feeling. Has it changed numbers? He's got all your messages and to lead them immediately. So today, just the idea of having a book in a filling appointment in your mouth and a dentist, it's like, as hell, I'm not even going to do it. Just the idea of booking it in. So who has a tough day today?
Speaker 3: Jacoba? So if you've got pretty plain sailing mondays.
Speaker 7: I've got I've got frank after this leg day so I could complain about that.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's got leg day.
Speaker 2: So if you've got a tough day today, if you've got a tough day ahead of you, we want to know why.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: The kids want to watch a movie on Friday night, I introduce them to the great two of the modern great comedy comedians in there, Eddie Murphy and Steve matt together in Bowfinger came out in the mid nineties.
Speaker 4: Let me you remember to guess the plot if I remember it correctly.
Speaker 7: They try to make a movie with Eddie Murphy in it, but Eddie Murphy doesn't know he's in the film, and they shoot long range and through washes and stuff.
Speaker 2: Great idea, it's a great premise trying to make a movie with a star who said no to it. By getting the other cast members just to go up to them and shout their lines when he looks confused and they cut around him.
Speaker 3: It's a killer idea.
Speaker 2: And then they find Eddie Murphy's brother, who obviously looks like Eddie Murphy to join the production and cast played by Eddie Murphy but wear em bracers and comedy big glasses. It was the nineties and Eddie Murphy, the big star. Eddie Murphy Kit is also involved in some It was actually awarehead of the curve what we know now about scientology. It was a really smart take on that. Do remember he had that thing mine head and it was like it was basically like l Ron Hubbard. They believe that aliens were coming, right, which is why when people coming up to him and yelling strange lines, he thought that aliens really were coming. He goes crazy anyway, the perfect length for a comedy movie, hour and a half. The kids loved it. They love Steve Martin as well. They've not seen all the Steve mart movies. They've seen the ones he did, like the kid movies like Parenthood and Cheap Brother Does, which are great. Yeah, bow fingers, still very very funny. All right, then let's find out who has a tough day today. Who's got a tough Monday? Gavin, Good morning, morning guys. There I are, Yeah, I'm good. So Gavin, tough Monday today for you?
Speaker 10: It's really tough Monday. Got to drive comm commit to work from up around the Greensboro area down to Hastings. First, that's a good hour and fifteen minutes drive to work and then back again obviously in the ovo. During the day, I've got a huge day on. I've got to go across from Hastings to Sorrento, over on the sea Ferry up to Queenscliff and then torque On obviously driving the truck, and then back again. And then I've got another trip up north back up to around about the Alexander Mark in northern Victoria.
Speaker 2: And it's this every day. It's a lot of driving around in this job, a lot of driving delivering stuff.
Speaker 10: Yeah, bring yeah, yeah, grew driver.
Speaker 4: And yeah, get you get the truck on the Sorrento ferry.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, the truck gets on the on the ferry, and yeah, across we go and then and then back again.
Speaker 2: So tell me this, right, see hours in that five days a week? Your what your delivery driver?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah I do. I do fairly big truck. Obviously not compared to some of the big trucks stuff doing.
Speaker 2: To day, but yeah that's the big thirteen, that's right. And what are you doing in that truck all day? Do you listen to podcasts?
Speaker 10: What do you do with Yeah, just just try and keep my mind act even listening to music and this and that. Yeah, pretty much. I love I love I love the drive. So it's it's all good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell you what you've got every hour, keeping you business well from nine till five here on God, cash man.
Speaker 4: Cash man will keep you company.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that guy empty in his bank of cash every hour. Yeah all right, gas, stay safe from the roads, thank you, take it, share al good morning, hello, yes, hello, good morning. Hello. I might be dropping out.
Speaker 3: We've got your sharel Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Stay there, yep, I'm got a very tough day work today because my boss is.
Speaker 6: Coming back after being away for a month.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it's even going to do what you want.
Speaker 3: So yeah, okay, Cheryl, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You cool. Have a good day. By Richard. Hello Richard, Hello, Yes, good morning Richard. Why have you got a tough today?
Speaker 11: Yeah, some coming back to work after having five weeks off and contemplat this morning already abou whether poor sicky?
Speaker 2: We've had five weeks off? Man? Come on, I mean, I know it's a bit rich coming from us who had a seven week Christmas and New Year break, but five weeks? So are you reluctantly going back to work today?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I'm still in the car park waydon come.
Speaker 2: On, Richard, stay the toughest journey sometimes just walking in through the front door, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I don't feel very well, guys.
Speaker 2: Rich We can see you out the window on the phone to a radio station moaning about us.
Speaker 3: That's tough, Richard.
Speaker 2: Maybe and you get into work today, we give you pair tickets to go to Gold Class. Ah.
Speaker 11: That'bsolutely awesome. Thank you so much for that, guy. I really appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Now he's driving away now to go to gold Class to watch the movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, take care of each you can do this hover it goes bad in New Things Christian.
Speaker 11: Hello, Good.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: On Monday morning. We always try and find a song that sums up the weekend. We had chatpost wants it for you.
Speaker 7: My wife and I had our first proper date night this weekend. So this is my song for the weekend get away.
Speaker 13: Christ's Morgan Its good.
Speaker 4: We dinner and bowling is what we are going to do. So Saturday I eat that wife.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe if you're seventeen or eighteen, which I think that song is aimed out, they're the target is not thirty something.
Speaker 5: Seventy or eighty.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 4: In the nineteen fifties, popular as a day first.
Speaker 3: Date night, whoa play by?
Speaker 14: Huh's something we both enjoyed, and the dinner before Sorry, you're right, that's at the Bowling Annie, because everyone knows the finest cheeseburgers.
Speaker 2: In life are at that bowling Annie. Actually, I have a great love of Bowling Annie. Cheeseburgers. They put that big old square of that cheap processed cheese on their taste great and.
Speaker 4: The hot dogs as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, we know dumplings we did for dinner, not at the bowling alley. Yeah, so got the dinner in nice and early, which is good.
Speaker 2: So, oh, you don't want to get stitched to you. Oh, it's not saying you don't swim with an hour of a heavy meal and you don't bol if you've had two dumplings. Take it easy, get that, let's have let's eat at twelve.
Speaker 3: So performance. But when we're bowling, I.
Speaker 7: Had no idea how popular bowling was. I thought bowling was one of those struggling industries, and actually I thought.
Speaker 2: We're more when why did he ever seen like bowling and he is being closed down or for sale bowling balls?
Speaker 3: Thinking long, I think it's.
Speaker 7: Maybe because when I was growing up, our local bowling alley got turned into apartments. So maybe that's why I thought they were on, Like they're just going in worldwide and they're like the next blockbuster.
Speaker 4: That's why I was worried. So I was like, well, this will be nice. We'll keep the bowling alleys alive.
Speaker 3: So now it's like a nightclub in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've got the lights and stuff.
Speaker 2: The lights just like pretty dark in there.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you guys know that's what we rocked up to. Can we have two games of bowling? Thanks? She can't hardly hear me because it's like music, kids screaming.
Speaker 3: There's like a light show going on. And where have we come into?
Speaker 2: You can only see that they're go down the balls to find that three hole to put your fingers in.
Speaker 4: She goes, have you booked a lay? And I said no, She's like Saturday night, what time, like seven thirty?
Speaker 2: We get it's like.
Speaker 4: Chaos, kids running everywhere, kids parties.
Speaker 2: Bill, not just that.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about the horrible noise in there?
Speaker 2: Screaming screaming kids they're just go just like you know when I get when you were actually look just running up and down like wrong with them.
Speaker 3: Just running up and down cold.
Speaker 4: They shouldn't make that much running in a bowling alley.
Speaker 3: It's a dangerous area.
Speaker 7: A bit of PA's playing here, a bit of pace to get up to the starting line and get the ball going.
Speaker 9: But you take that swing back, maybe you got a ten or twelve on the goal. You could take out little Kai with a back hand.
Speaker 7: So we didn't get to bowl on Saturday night because of the kids party. This is what I would love to recommend to anybody thinking of starting in kids on a Saturday night curfew and adults only bowling alley that feels creepy.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no like sex bowling or something. Putting those three fingers in different holes.
Speaker 2: No kind of pitch.
Speaker 4: It's like a bar. It serves drinks.
Speaker 7: Put your keys in a bar with peanuts. No jack bowling, adults only, no kids allowed. You can rock up at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: To don't be.
Speaker 3: Grumpy young man and no kids.
Speaker 2: Kids.
Speaker 3: We just want adults only wanted deadly sign it.
Speaker 2: No joy, no energy, no music, adults eating dumplings, no music, nice and bright bowling should be taken very seriously.
Speaker 3: It's a struggling industry.
Speaker 4: Is it too much to us?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Do you think this would be a good idea? Adults only bowling?
Speaker 2: So the business pictures if this was Shark Tank, we've got so far as there's a bar there and no kids, is it just that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it's like one of your favorite pubs, except right next to it there's bowling alleys in there, and yeah, less than music, not all those strobe lights and music videos playing on the screens, that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Just the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack and his wife went on a date night Saturday night.
Speaker 2: Jakra likes to run. It's a pretty fast and loosen his lifestyle. So it was dumplings, m braun, Thank you dumplings, and then bowling. Horrified to see what the rest of us with kids know about the bowling alleys. Now are chaos there with the kids kids' parties now they can have there. They've got the music videos we sound so old day at the.
Speaker 4: Middle playing on real instruments.
Speaker 3: Why they's angry and shouting?
Speaker 7: But really, kids parties pouring out of the bowling alley, the timeson the laser town, kids.
Speaker 2: Running up and down behind And once I'm aware of some kid running up and down there, I can't relax once I know it's there. Why is he running up and down? What's wrong with him?
Speaker 10: Bowl?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 3: Bout come to mow right down the street.
Speaker 2: My feelings.
Speaker 7: That's why I would love to see an adults only bowling center where it's like a.
Speaker 4: Bar, no kids allowed. Good idea, less music, less flashing live have this for minigolf.
Speaker 2: Like this into minigolf. Yeah, that's like, you've gotta be over eighteen. They're like, there's plenty of stuff and ballpits for kids all over town. You're not welcome here. You don't have to behavior exactly what I coming, running up and down when you go bowling. Please tell me you do this. You give yourself a funny nickname. Please don't tell me to put you.
Speaker 4: No, I put Jack, I like what, Yeah, you didn't put Kingpin in or the Beast? Who do you players?
Speaker 2: Kingpin? Or Ernie McCracken from the can't. It's trouble putting that because there aren't enough for characters. You gotta give yourself a nickname with your bowl.
Speaker 4: I would love to bowl against you guys.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Are you any good?
Speaker 4: I'm pretty good.
Speaker 2: Wildly inconsistent, right, there'd be nine gutta balls and one strike.
Speaker 3: That's me, I mean, wildly inconsistent.
Speaker 2: I need that.
Speaker 4: What's that little thing that comes around them?
Speaker 2: I'm great with that.
Speaker 4: They can help me get them.
Speaker 2: The little guide rails at the k that's what I need. Pats. Are you any good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I'm a bit like you. I'm inconsistent. I'll have a couple of good games and then I bomb out.
Speaker 2: You put a nickname in there.
Speaker 5: I just put Mom up there. I'm always Mum original with you guys.
Speaker 2: Come on, by the way, years ago. This is about ten or twelve years ago accompany I did this. I just shudder. I remember something about Bonnie Is. I pitched a TV show to the biggest commercial network in the UK that was essentially a quiz show in a bowling arcade. I can't remember what the idea was, but it was a It was a game show in a bowling arcade where if they got questions right, they could bowl how how many pins was to win cash. I never knew why.
Speaker 3: I never heard back about that idea. Ten years on, I must follow that up. But guys, can you just say you think.
Speaker 2: It's been.
Speaker 4: With shows like New Holy Molly, the Mini Golf Show.
Speaker 3: Sony Krueger could be listening to this.
Speaker 2: She's going to get to seven or nine or ten or Andy or Hamish could steal this from me. Okay, Holy Bowling, Yes.
Speaker 3: Call me Channel seven. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Jack wants to know if there are already in Melbourne and we think this is good it adults only bowling? Are people naked or they've got closed.
Speaker 3: No, it's not sexual and it's no nudity, no sexually way is that the disclaim above the entry? It's not sexual anyway.
Speaker 4: Plutonic bowling is the name of it.
Speaker 3: Saman good morning, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 12: I'd just like to say, Jack, you're totally wrong.
Speaker 6: There are places that you can do adults only bowling, and there is a bar.
Speaker 8: I've been to one in glen Waveley and it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What's it called.
Speaker 8: I think it's called Strike.
Speaker 2: Where did you go?
Speaker 4: Strike? Strike is where I went?
Speaker 2: Nothing anger again, finger at me? I wasn't there running up and down.
Speaker 7: There may be different strikes operating as different in different ways, but the Strike I went to was the kids overrunning everywhere it was.
Speaker 6: It definitely is one for you that are eighteen plus.
Speaker 8: Fair They have bars that don't.
Speaker 4: I'm very interested in that.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you very much. He's very interested in that. A new feature once a week. I'm very interested in that. Those balls dining drop on your head over the week. Have you got concussion I had last week? Josh, good morning morning. Here are you going, Josh, hope you had a nice wee can welcome to the show. So add our only bowling?
Speaker 12: So Jack do in luck Iss you tracked down to the dock Lands. There's actually a place called Archie Brothers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I was there the start of twenty twenty, before all the COVID hit and it's an eighteen plus venue. There's a bar you can eat there. There's bowling and games as well.
Speaker 4: Arka games.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so it's a bit of a mix up.
Speaker 4: Oka games these kids. Yeah, interesting. Do they do a big trade?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, Josh, thank you very much, buddy.
Speaker 4: What's it called? Sorry, Josh?
Speaker 12: Archie Brothers.
Speaker 4: Archie Brothers they got they got bumper cars?
Speaker 7: Yes, yea virtual reality rides bumper cars. Bowling, Ellie's arcades.
Speaker 3: Too much going on for me, specialize, stay in your lane.
Speaker 4: This is where we do.
Speaker 2: Patsy, you up for a bowling? Should we go? And to have on?
Speaker 3: What about producers versus presenters?
Speaker 2: Love it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Three producers, three presenters. Okay, you've got to come up with nicknames.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: The height of comedy is not put your own name into a bowling.
Speaker 3: Ellie, You're not bowling until there's a funny nickname in that machine.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: This is a song that sums up the weekend I hads. In the UK, we don't have anything like the formal. So for my oldest daughter Ruby, who's sixteen, Saturday afternoon, I had to take her shopping for the dress for her first ever formal, which is in March, and all of her friends are already they already have their dresses. She was like, really really stressed Friday night, so I said, we'll go tomorrow afternoon, but she was. It was just about two things, the dress and then posting it and what people might say. You guys grew up with the formal. Yeah, do you remember me yours Patsy, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 5: I've still got my dress from my Year ten formal, white with a big puffy thing on the sleeve.
Speaker 2: Still got it. Yeah, amazing. Who did you go with?
Speaker 5: Just my girlfriends? We didn't have dates in year ten different times?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And who did you go with the first formal?
Speaker 7: I went with my mate Rich didn't have the courage to ask one of the girls in the year level. You know Rich, he's the guy who now works at Kennard's. Helped us get the compressor at the MCG when we captured the g yeah. And then when I was in year twelve, Thankfully I had my first girlfriend by then, so I didn't have to ask somebody out awkwardly.
Speaker 4: It was just agreed that we would go together.
Speaker 2: Aren't you guys lucky that you grew up in a time where there wasn't social media here? I felt so sorry for it all when we were looking for this dress, right, what should be an exciting time, right, all it was about was what other people would say on our post. And I felt so sorry for we didn't have that, And I'm glad, I mean, you guys would have. It would have been even more pressurized.
Speaker 7: Because you still got your dress. You should put up on Snapchat now and see what the girlfriends say about it.
Speaker 2: Tell you what they are. A bitchy crowds. Bitchy crowd So anyway, I said, I'll give you two hours. You've got two hours of one hundred secon concentration.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we went to four different dress shops and then we went back. Guess where we got it from the first place. When we were in the first place we went, we'll be here again, it's said a lady. Seeing about an hour's time, I was only about out about ten minutes. When I'm back in it ate that dress like the first. And then we got home and it was like a photo shoot for it was like the lighting in the house, hanging on the wall, taking the photo looking at it. No, that's too filtered, Dad, stop using too many filters. It looks too filtered. They're oh, I gon a lot of filters, aren't that? It's a dress not very nice?
Speaker 3: Even I was getting anxious.
Speaker 2: How did she posted? I was like, oh, is it going to be all right? Am I going to be all right? And then one of them just put that's bold and she went, oh my god, they don't like it. I went bold, like you want to be You don't want to be on the crowd. You're already bold. She went no, no, no, that means, oh god, I wouldn't have done that. Someone else just put a love heart. And that same girl when she posts on her dress, she put love heart and you're going to look great in this. This girl just put a love heart and I went, I feel so sorry for you. Anyway, next weekend we're buying the shoes, and I said, you got two hours. Then we're just going to do it in a lot of weekly increments at the moment, just two hours and hours at a time. Some of you must all remember, must have vivid stories and memories about your first ever formal. It's a whole new learning curve for us. Obviously been on Australia in almost three years, but this is the first door to going through the form and experience.
Speaker 3: What do you remember about your formal?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, this is exciting. Coming up next, we're speaking to an amazing person called Tracy. Two weeks ago when we roll back on it, I was saying, now, had this idea, if anyone really has a nears resolution or just some goal they really want to commit to this year, how far would you be prepared to do? What about if we put whatever your goal was wrapped it all over your car, whatever you wanted to do, right, And Tracy called in. Tracy wants to lose a bit of weight and as she's hitting fifty in June and she wants to be in the surf looking ripped. So we said we go away and have a think about a couple of slogans. So we've got some slogans and these will be blazoned all over her car. We're about to pitch them to them in a minute. I said to you to Rio, she wants to go surfing in TALKI in June for her fiftieth Could you make some production and sing it to surfing Usa, Rio, Jack and I have heard it. No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: It wasn't for public consumption. I thought that was just like a private Why would I.
Speaker 2: Ask you to make private jingis right for listeners that I can enjoy it my own pleasure. This works. What doesn't work is you're like a commitment. This is a man who's reluctantly doing this, and that is a shame. You've killed this on purpose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tracy's cancer.
Speaker 5: In talk.
Speaker 3: That is a man who's given up hope. Right, what about the falsetto? No, no, no, that is a man who's given up hope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tracy's cancer in talk. No, would you like a different to go back in there and make it the same thing, different energy?
Speaker 2: Well as you go in there, all right, come on, dance, monkey, dance, all right, Tracy's up next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast was.
Speaker 2: Just saying earlier about Tracy. She's about to find out some of the slogans that you've been suggesting that she's going to have everywhere all over her Calm Tampa smash a goal which is to get on the surf when she hits fifty in June. In Talkie Something USA is a great surf song. What can we do for Tracy? I wonder? Yeah, Tracy's gone surfing.
Speaker 3: In talking.
Speaker 2: That's one of those, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Go in there?
Speaker 3: Apologize to you brother, Sorry, we'll talk about stuff the show. Want to hear it again?
Speaker 2: This is literally.
Speaker 4: Talk sancastic.
Speaker 2: You could sing sarcastically, but you can't rio. All right, oh r, let's get Tracy on here. Hopefully this hasn't put her off.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Tracy, Good morning.
Speaker 6: You have me doing the dive dance and you know the freestyle and ninety sixties.
Speaker 2: I love it. Awesome? All right, Tracy? So first of all, you're still keen to do this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was actually out yesterday.
Speaker 3: Well are you what in the surf?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, you've.
Speaker 2: Got to be in a Winnot I was.
Speaker 6: I was really I had the family up and out and we're in the water.
Speaker 3: And I met Heather and so this is your surf coach.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my surf coach. So she gave me a few instructions. Oh my god, I need rewiring. I actually need a whole new body. I've been surfing incorrectly for my entire life, doing wrong. Well, I get up on my knees, but then after my knee surgery, my brain isn't wired to my knee anymore. So I've literally got to swing it around like a peg leg get it onto the board.
Speaker 2: I think you get what you're going to do right now is you're going to create a whole new new way of actually surfing that people will actually steal your trademark.
Speaker 6: Move Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Just it's like wipe out. You know, it's cod hangering on a surfboard. You know how you sort of ride your bike and you put your arm out and you can choke somebody as you go by, Like that way, get out of my way.
Speaker 7: Actually, people, what do you have for Tracy? If she's on her bike, if she's in the car, encourage her if she's on the bike.
Speaker 4: Still clear?
Speaker 2: All right, So Tracy, now we need to get the car or loged up with your motivating slogan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're still keen for us to do this to that big old car of yours.
Speaker 6: Yep, I need something to motivate me. This is after what I learnt yesterday. It's going to be a full on you know, twenty weeks. I think we've got you can do this.
Speaker 2: You can do this right the first of February today, You've got until June to your fifty you can do this, all right, some of the slogans then I can again. You'll pick the one that you're happy to have plastered all over your car. Okay, Claire, heads shape up, surfs up nothing, it would be it would be nifty to surf by fifty god pass and I started.
Speaker 9: They were good, taking them on board Old Bold and sponsored by gold.
Speaker 2: And then there's anything motivating that written all over your car for people hongko and going no, no good luck. Cower Bunger are surf with hunger. No people drunk over the weekend that was starving you for the next five months.
Speaker 6: Cow Bungy used to be like an old firone's going to read that thing.
Speaker 2: Oh that must have been a radio station thing from ninety one, which maybe does cow cutting back on carbs to cut back on waves. Yeah, honk, I don't know this one, honk if I look hungry? All right?
Speaker 3: But what about this one? I like this one?
Speaker 2: But what do you think drop ten to hang ten? I like it? I like that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I do. I do because yeah, I'm still getting my mind around the car. But yes, I do like that one.
Speaker 2: Is this the one? Now?
Speaker 6: What were the first two agains?
Speaker 3: Shape up surfs up right? It would be nifty to serve by fifty.
Speaker 2: We're not doing that.
Speaker 3: We're not doing cow bonger you anything about that is wrong.
Speaker 2: We can do those ones, but we're not putting the leg on. They're starving me, so I can serve. No, I think drop ten to hang ten? Does that fill the one? Yep?
Speaker 6: I think I think that's a good one. It motivates me. When I walk out the door and I say drop ten, I'll just go, oh my god, not again. But it's what I need. So yep, definitely, I think that one could be could be the goer.
Speaker 7: So do we need a welcome message on there as well? Like, Hi, I'm Tracy. I'm going to drop ten to lose ten. Yes, honk to give me encouragement yep, or honked.
Speaker 5: Oh, I's a Hong Kore.
Speaker 6: Think I've done something wrong.
Speaker 3: Maybe the battery reaction is stretched when you get hold.
Speaker 11: Yes, I was.
Speaker 2: Offered a stand up gig in a car park, and I think I'd find it very just. Confront has been honked all the time. I think I'm at some lights. Would it would put me off the stand up? So yeah, I think no honking no.
Speaker 7: Because our listeners would try to give you encouragement and you might give them the finger back then that they're trying to.
Speaker 2: Ringing the radio station to some crazy lady in a car. The show's name all over it. It's doesn't work for any one.
Speaker 7: What about waves to wave to get me on a wave or something like that? Wave to get me back on the waves.
Speaker 2: Serf's up, thumbs up. We're going backwards here.
Speaker 3: We should have done this off air rather than lie to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: All right, So it's decision day to day Tracy, because we want to get the I know, I know you've had a couple of weeks on it.
Speaker 3: Now you know this is your moment.
Speaker 6: The person I've heard this, Oh my gosh, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeap hang ten to serve ten?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: No, all right, what about this one? Gimme ten, give me ten thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Salutes?
Speaker 2: No, drop ten to hang ten? I like it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, let's go.
Speaker 10: Let's do it.
Speaker 6: Oh, braze, breeze break, Yeah, okay, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Tracey, do you want to get in that surf in June?
Speaker 2: Do you want to drop ten to hang ten?
Speaker 6: Okay, yep, I'll drop ten to hang ten.
Speaker 9: Yes, let's play our favorite song. What's all right, Tracy, drop ten.
Speaker 3: To hang ten?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, let's open up our Monday marketing bureau where we save your business with an underwhelming slogan.
Speaker 3: Tracy, do we have sign off? Drop ten to hang ten?
Speaker 6: Okay, sign off. I think the whole family will like it.
Speaker 2: It's yeah.
Speaker 6: My husband can drive in the car and not feel like you needs Horman's treatment. Yep, it's all good. I think we're yep, I think we're a go ahead, brilliant.
Speaker 2: All right, Tracy, we're going to be picking up the car to and we're going to get it done this week.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, I've got a vacuum it.
Speaker 2: On the outside, not on the carpets. Don't need to vacuum it. Okay, it's all been wrapped everywhere. Bonnet, the back the sides.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm having a hot flush.
Speaker 9: Now, that's a good sign you're alive. Tracy. When I say drop ten, what do you say?
Speaker 6: Hang damn?
Speaker 13: Christian O'Connell The Christian o'connells Show Podcast, Already it's time for this week's mishard lyrics. It's just another misshard Christian O'Connell's misheard lyrics.
Speaker 2: Let's get into all the miss herd lyrics you've been setting in over the last seven days. As always here the way it works, we haven't listened to them. We play the mac if we agree with you, if not, and if they're really great, like all the dogs make in love in the adverts, keep Niggan. Then you get this all of favor up first Big John's Wow, we system of a Down's what we all want on a Monday'sn't this system of a Down? Do you remember Chop Sue? It's a great song lost in Hollywood. They looked at you in disgusting ways, discusting. They are touring with Tina Arena. This ship wrote me for her? Yeah yeah, Or is it they looked at you in disgusting ways? Or is it they looked at you disgusting Whales. Disgusting, Yeah, disgusting Wales. Just amazed that one of you listened. All listening to System of Down is the big news.
Speaker 4: They actually do have new music, of course they do.
Speaker 2: Tiffany cam Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis, So Sally can wait. I'm not sure about this one, but I'll let yours decide. So Sally can wait? Or is it slow Pelican Wave? Let's move on, Tiffany, don't waste my tongue again. Chris Chris Higgs working class Man by Barnsy. He's a still town disciple. Or is it he's a cedy old type of psycho.
Speaker 3: That's their word for word. He's a ced Old.
Speaker 2: Type of psycho. Yahia Higgsy, thank you very much. Let's go to Martin Now Cocomo Beach Boys must we Martinique, Martinique Monstique.
Speaker 3: I love the Beach Boys. Pets Sounds a classical album, Martinique.
Speaker 2: All our heads are behind us? Or is it? Martinke? That man's a rotten steak, Martink. That man's a.
Speaker 3: Rotten steak Martin That man's a rotten steak of Marty.
Speaker 2: Come on in, Let's go to Nathan's Got Robbie Williams. Let me entertain you with your mind gets burned? Or is it your maggots burn a straight? There? You're macis bum well done? Nathan Amy Shark old friend of the show, Jack's Besty Amy Shark I said Hi, tell them all? I said Hi? Or is it tellnor Mole? I said Hi?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that is so.
Speaker 2: Talent?
Speaker 3: Mole, I said Hi. Third Hall of Famers, Hall of fa are there anymore?
Speaker 2: Let's find out? Carol jump by Van Halen might as well jump? This is going to ruin the song for all of us? Or is it jump?
Speaker 3: Maxwell Jump? Maxwell Jump?
Speaker 4: The first one is there? The first one is definitely there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first name, Maxwell's surname Jump Maxwell Jump, Carol Wader. I actually can't hear anything of this one. I can't hear anything this one. Damos sent this one in. Think it's a bit of a long shot. He thinks he can here's swearing in this. I can't hear anything like that. I can't hear a thing of that. If you got any for next week, any miss her lyrics? Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every week on the show, we are blessed with so many great stories and call some of you guys. So every Friday we end the show giving one of you our call of the week, which is one thousand dollars thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick. So on Friday we were giving our first one of the year to Jason. It was winning his one thousand dollars. I need something really selfless and incredible right the end. It was cool we surprise everyone.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you what, Christian, I have a lot in my life and I'm wondering if you could give that to a kid that maybe not a received a present. Can I give that back to you and find a key that's worthy of a couple of presents?
Speaker 2: Is that credible? So that's listen Jason right at the end on Friday's show when I say here's a thousand dollars in cash, and he says that I don't want it. I've got enough going on in my life. So it was right at the end of Friday's show, and as Jason was saying, there you just want to find maybe a kid that we could support or he could support.
Speaker 3: It's his one thousand dollars. So it happened right at the end of Friday's show.
Speaker 2: So if you know of a family that didn't have the Christmas that they should have had done and they would really benefit from that one.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars, please could you let us know.
Speaker 2: You can email me if it's easy to put something down Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. We're just looking for a family that could really do with that and maybe have a bit of a better late Christmas.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: On Today's Time Wasted. Today is National meat Day. National meat Day today it is, and we're asking if your meat bands for today's time waste. If we were to put on a meat band festival, meatfest, what bands have to go on?
Speaker 15: From the team that brought you lem a poloozer would say and goat shell, we trim the fat.
Speaker 3: So it's all bang is no mash, no ses or steak.
Speaker 2: It's Christian O'Connell's me fist.
Speaker 3: Before we get into the bands.
Speaker 2: Meat facts, the average person willie seven thousand animals in their lifetime breaks apologized to the well go Veggy breaks down to eleven cows, twenty seven pigs, two and half thousand chucks, eighty turkeys, thirty sheep, and four and a half thousand fish.
Speaker 4: Two and a half thousand chucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wowie Yeah. The pilot of Gemini three, John Young, was reprimanded for smuggling a corn beef sandwich onto the spacecraft. And there's a hostage negotiation strategy called bringing home the Bacon, where negotiators fry bacon outside the hostage area, making a hostage taker hungry from the smell and more willing to negotiate. Where have the producers pulled that one out?
Speaker 3: Never worked?
Speaker 2: Why didn't Bruce Winners just do that in Die Hard? Get the George Forman grin out? All right, we're looking for your meat bands today. Meat bands for Meatfest. I've got porking heads gold, the artists formerly known as Mints.
Speaker 4: Plus, the Beef fifty two's silver.
Speaker 3: Po ham lovely one for Tocky po haam.
Speaker 4: Limp brisket silver plus.
Speaker 3: Okay, seen the Sunshine band gold?
Speaker 2: Thank you? All right, Jackie boy. Meat bands for Meatfest? What have you got?
Speaker 4: Smashing rumpkins?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good?
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 4: We all love the goo goo dolls. How about the goo dolls?
Speaker 2: That's very smart?
Speaker 3: Also gold, Iron Mutton we're down the Bronx and you know that.
Speaker 4: And kebab for QD.
Speaker 2: God plus thank you? All right then, best one we get this morning a meat band. We're attending tickets to the Australian Open.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Over there, look at etaptop?
Speaker 3: Are you obs over there?
Speaker 2: Be asked? Tell me what are you doing? I suspect I know Patsy go around. Honestly, A year of accountability obviously has passed us by.
Speaker 4: I'm getting bagels straight after.
Speaker 2: Jack has put a message on our WhatsApp group during the show, posting a photo of a menu nothing to do with content or the show, asking everyone to pick their bagels.
Speaker 7: There's a bagel place not far from here that Bianca told me about. I can't believe I've been so close to it all this time.
Speaker 3: Can't believe I doing the show.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you look at that Bascipe.
Speaker 5: Whatsp group I'm in or just with the producers.
Speaker 4: I was going to send it to you as well.
Speaker 2: Awful, awful human being.
Speaker 3: I try to do something, try to do so nice in the middle of the show.
Speaker 2: Come on now, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Australian Open tickets.
Speaker 4: I am lucky powers with you. You got my one hundred percent focus now, yeah.
Speaker 2: Which when again New York looks great? I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Our teams have one with Diyllan. I judge anyone that chooses to have Dill in their life. AnyWho, All right, meet bands. That's the time wasted today from the team that brought you.
Speaker 15: 'm a palooser would say, and goat shell, we trim the fat. So it's all bangers, no mash, no sit or state. It's Christian O'Connell's me fist.
Speaker 3: Every day this week.
Speaker 2: Tickets to go to the Australian Open game set and protect with Bondai's and Sport SPN fifty plus the official sunscreen of the Australian Open. Yeah, Gokovich smearing up now think actually is for someone else sets himself and those five g rays. He doesn't like.
Speaker 3: Meat Fest. I'm ready picked that bagel yet.
Speaker 2: I don't want rush or anything.
Speaker 4: Unless it's got meat in it, and then, in which case, Happy National Meat Day.
Speaker 3: We got the meat.
Speaker 4: Talka to Bronzie Bronze.
Speaker 3: It's all shiny Bronzie. He's distracted with.
Speaker 2: He knows that tab's got it. Crowded grouse. That's smart.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you actually eat grouse?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: See, yeah, okay, I've never had it. Silver.
Speaker 2: Other people might be different to you. Fleet with Big Mac Gold, Piggy Pop.
Speaker 4: Gold, Robert palmers on gold.
Speaker 2: Uh, kissoles, rissoles, rissoles, kissoles.
Speaker 4: Kiss holes. I don't want to hear that again.
Speaker 2: Bronze Castle rolling stones. That's great, The Castle rolling stones. I love that. Bee Geez, that was a great steak.
Speaker 3: Silver, Sorry, Phil, I tried to upsell it.
Speaker 16: Moo too, Bronze Motley stew Civil plus state that silver.
Speaker 2: How about pork? What is it? No idea hauling goats? Gold, Andrew Widow's Ham Sandwiches.
Speaker 3: Bronze Beefy Boys Gold, Amy Porterhouse.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, sibil plus ugly kid goat, Not quite there, roast malone post that's good by Gene, well done.
Speaker 3: A flock of sausages. Silver, the rolling rissoles.
Speaker 2: We're not kissing them anymore, we're rolling them. You've more than he kissed them. Silver, Dire Steaks gold. There's a steak restaurant called that. I'm going to open one.
Speaker 3: Dire Steaks Silverside chair.
Speaker 13: Oh yes, Silver plus Ah Yes, Ah Yes, Friends All Rump, Frankfurt goes to Hollywood, Gold, Salami Davis Junior, Silver Goose, Springsteen Silver, Zezi Chop Silver plus.
Speaker 2: Faith, No More Vegans, Bronze, Who's winning tickets to go to the Australian Open.
Speaker 4: The cast are rolling Stones. I think it was Billy Jean.
Speaker 3: Not kissing Rerissolets.
Speaker 2: All right, Tyler, Today's show is adults only bowling
Speaker 1: Christian Show podcast