Speaker 1: Hey, legends, welcome back to the Mason Cock Show. Good feeling on the pod this week, but there's plenty plenty to cover his casualty ward across the IFL injuries galore. We'll cover that. There's big bags from the big boys up forward, and also we're gonna deep dive into that Collingwood game. You've been an insider information on what was going down. It's all to comm of the podcast, So sit down, listen in. Let's get into it all right without further ado, Welcome Brandon Nison. Troy, Oh god, he's thrown down the middle name.
Speaker 2: When did you learn how to play footy?
Speaker 1: What the hell was this? We've only had one good game, Brandon.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Lucky Eddies planned to put a roof on the MCAJ didn't come off because you would have blown the thing off.
Speaker 1: But good game, good game. Thanks mane quiet waken. I must before we go into this. I we got cleaner of the week. It's always how we start the podcast. But there is some big news coming out, not just the weekend's game, but we have a big guess coming on Wednesday. You have to listen to this one. It's gonna be an epic chat Trav Cloak, the great calling good Man, one of the great AFL players that ever replay. He's coming on the podcast. We're gonna have a real deep dive into his career. And we had a bit of crossover there and it was kind of those things, you know, like he was the full four and then I became the full four and then you know, whoever's next now it's it's gonna be an interesting chat. So yeah, how to subscribe, make sure you're looking out for that one. It's gonna be a great listener promise.
Speaker 2: And we yeah, Trav Cloak one of the nicest humans on the planet, the nicest. But yeah, we have we touched on the milestones that we achieved last week, but we missed a hell of a lot more to it, Like we actually did our fiftieth episode. Huge, So congratulations on fifty episode and congratulations to everyone that listens along every week because it is massive and we're noticing I don't know if you guys are noticing it. We're noticing just a shift and there's an actual feeling there that you know, we got the pod family rocking with us, the ogs, We've got people are actually reaching out engaging more like it's awesome. It's really really cool. Our numbers are growing exponentially, like really quickly, so like you guys are getting the word out there, sharing our content, which is you know, helping us out a lot.
Speaker 1: We love you for that.
Speaker 2: It's massive. So yeah, it's yeah, there's a bit of a movement at the moment, and it's exciting.
Speaker 1: It's exciting, and it's something you know, we're super appreciative of. It's great to have amazing people are listening and having a bit of a laugh, you know, and enjoying what we're putting out there. And yeah, it's a lot of hard work that goes in behind the scenes, a lot of it more from Braden than myself. But it's great to see people interacting and enjoying the content. Like we said, like share all that kind of jazz and check us out on the different platforms. But just a massive appreciation to start off the podcast of everyone that's tuned down.
Speaker 2: Hey, and I do the editing, but if you go out there and keep taking marks and kickings, it makes my job a hell of a lot easier.
Speaker 1: To provide the content. You just cut it all up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my class hard put what you gonna do is go out and kick a couple of girls. Not that hard. Let's get into the clanger of the week, because there were a couple over the weekend. Now, what was yours?
Speaker 1: Mate? I've got Nathan. I don't know if people saw this in the game. It was a kindwood game, A bit easy for me. Nathan Murphy dacked Aaron Cadman. But the great part about it was Nathan. I think he was going up to like grab his jumper right and he missed the jumper, grabbed his waistband, pulled his pants down and asked, cheeks hang it out. But the funniest part I thought was the fact that Kevin turned around and shove MRP back to the ground. So then therefore Murf got a free kick out of dacking someone in the middle of the game. And I was like laughing my ass off watching the replay, couldn't believe that he actually was able to get a free kick out of it for literally doing something he probably should have given away a free kick for.
Speaker 2: It's probably about time MRF was juice some good luck out there, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Burf Corop's the most criticism out of any player. I don't know why, but like we just picked on him at the club. I love him. I mean, he's the nicest human, but he does cop quite a bit of a flag from the people at the club and he takes it in stride.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I think you've been quite generous when you said he was reaching for his jumper, because I looked back at it and he missed it by a fair chunk. Now my clanger of the week, and I'm doubling down on someone here huge whoever does the fixture? Now, I don't know if you missed my last clanger.
Speaker 1: But the AFL, No, the AFL is listening to this podcast, brow, I know, shout out hi OFL. Yes, we're being cautious on what we say. I promise.
Speaker 2: Now, what's the hottest ticket in town? Mate?
Speaker 1: You know this.
Speaker 2: It's the Collingwood Football Club and every damn game they're playing, right, So you got the you got the golden ticket, you got the golden goose. Well, where are you gonna put him? Big Friday night blockbuster? Nah? Big Saturday night blockbuster. Nah. Let's bury the hottest ticket in town every Sunday for the next millennium. It's a Sunday game, Sunday game, Sunday game, Sunday game. I don't know what the hell they're doing, because they knew they were a hot ticket item last year. Because I don't know if you were seeing this last year. I don't know if you were a part of it or not. But Collingwood were killing everyone and everyone was tuning into every bloody Collingwood game every single week. So what do you do the next year? Bloody? How we better put them every Sunday night? I digress Sunday night games. Come on, lift your game. They're doing the second half of the year fixture moving forward Friday Saturdays. Get them up there. We're due for a.
Speaker 1: Few or do I mean the fact that you put Carlton versus Collingwood on a Sunday You're better at that.
Speaker 2: I'd start to think they're trolling after they do that. You're not doing that because then I like that. You know market game, the market game. So you're not complaining because you got hands ac day. Then you're not complaining because you've got the King's birthday. But then you get a week off, so okay, cool, let's reset. Then they give you another Sunday game. Taking the piss anyway. That's in my opinion, Mason, But.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad, just disappointed.
Speaker 2: You got the hardest ticket in town. Put them in prime time. That's what I got to say.
Speaker 1: We'll get into this week's games. We got the first one off the bat, Richmond versus Geelong. This was an interesting one.
Speaker 2: Well, I kind of felt like it was coming. You can only prod the Tigers for so long before they buy your hand off. And Dusty did that kick and four snags vintage Dusty. I think he's averaging I think I've seen he's averaging twenty and a goal. And there's only about five players in the league and they're all A listers. So you know, a bit of heat was on Dusty throughout the year for you know, is he going to retire? Is at the end of his career? H dustint He's come back, bounce back and kick four Now. Something that I did like, and I don't know if you saw this, but Jack Reewill Tom Hawkins jumper swap at the end of the game. What did you think of that one?
Speaker 1: A big fan of that. I know. There's like the funny thing is my jumpers are actually customs that to be extremely long so there's only two of those that exist, So it's kind of gonna be one of those things I wouldn't be able to probably do because I'd run out of jumpers, but I would actually pay like the club to provide more jumpers for me to do. Jumper swaps. I think of like the cool ones of like you know, you've got your indigenous jumpers, you know, if they did like a unique one for like Queen's birthday or something, they'd be pretty cool. Like all those the Anzact Day one to be able to like swap those would be really cool to hang up. Like I think, like King's Birthday, whatever it is. If I were able to swap jumpers of Brodie Grundy, awesome would be bang smack up there with like Anzact Day jumpers with me just because of like the cool, you know, friendship that you have with it, and then also the rivalry that comes with the game and like the big kind of time and the big lights and all that. Like it just would be so cool. And you see other sports that do it. Other sports do it, and like football, it's every single game, like they can afford a new jersey every single game. So you get these people literally it's just jersey swapping every single time they play, and I'm a big fan of it. I mean, like Jack Tom, both of them obviously legends of the game and to them, I guess they probably would organize it before the game, but yeah, it would be something cool that I think they've got that mutual respect and now they'll be able to have that jumper hanging up and have a bit of a cool story to tell with it.
Speaker 2: Jeremy Cameron, We're going to have to start looking at this seriously, Mats, because he only kicked one goal on the weekend. We talk about falls from grace, this blok, he was on track for one hundred. I don't even know if he's going to kick forty.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 2: If it just keeps trending in the same direction, I'm just putting him on watch. This is something that we've got to keep an eye on. I'll just keep checking in with Jazz. Maybe he'll have a break, get to the by just you know, have a refresh, go for a fish, come back out for start kicking tain again. We got to jump into this one because it's probably arguably game at the round. West Coast v. Gold Coast over in Perth, Battle Battle of the Coasts. Now what I loved out of this game. Matt Row obviously copped a lot of shit for eating grass last week in matt Cow, and he came out and he ate grass again.
Speaker 1: I hate respect respectively. Stuck to the routine. He knew there would be cameras on in pregame the whole time, waiting for that moment to get it on film.
Speaker 2: I reckon it opens it up for sponsorships. He's going to have, you know, farming companies coming out for him grass before you know it, he's going to have the whole deal, especially if he keeps playing like this. Twenty nine touches and a goal. He just ran around dominating the show. One thing that did come out of this game, and we know that West Coast have a plethora of injuries. They've got more injuries than they do have fit players. Jack Darling played through the game with the fractured arm. So fractured his arm in the game and played it out. Now every time he went to ground, every time he did anything, he's just wincing and holding his arm that they basically sticky tape back together and said, mate, you're just gonna have to suck it up. No one else I know you're just rolling around there with a floppy noodle for an arm, But bloody how I'll get back out there. Imagine Jeremy how Is coming off the ground. You're like, mate, Chaz, we're gonna need We're gonna need a big second half from you. That's the situation that West Coast of finding themselves in. So ultimate respect to Jack Darling coming out there and playing through a fractured arm. It just made me think, is there been any injuries that you've played through because you are a bit injury prone, but they're always really obscure.
Speaker 1: The spleen was was really interesting because it felt like I needed to This is kind of weird, feel like I needed to shit and throw up at the same time. Braided. That's how I knew there was something wrong, properly wrong on my insides. I've had a few other injuries and stuff. The eyes were not painful, just like very different in the It was just a feeling and a visual thing. It wasn't actually, it's not like a lot of pain receptors.
Speaker 2: I feel like, well, you didn't know one was cooked, did you?
Speaker 1: Well? One was? Yeah, like cooked for essentially a year, and I was just playing through it thinking I'd be all right, not knowing, and then the Sindus mosis is probably one of the most annoying ones, I think, because you really can't put pressure on it, and it's like a six to eight weeker, and it's just frustrating because it's like your feet, your feet in hands. If you injure your feet and hands is the worst because it's like it's what you need to get around in a market ball. You can't play without them, like you just need them. So whenever you do a finger or yeah, yeah, you roll your ankle or something like that. It just is the most frustrating thing whenever you're out there playing, cause you know, you can't play your mask capacity whenever, like one of those things is not working.
Speaker 2: So you can. So you've played with the Cindus moss injury, Like is that like a strain or something.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the ankle. I mean, like I've played the rest of a game with one. You just tape the living hell out of it to the point where you can't really move your ankle at all. You're just kind of like hobbling one foot, you know. But yeah, the Sindus Moss. One's never fine and then you just you just put back so much for essentially an ankle roll sometimes and a lot of times you get it whenever someone else falls on your foot and it kind of gets in the wrong position. But yeah, there was there's a scare in one of the games actually over the weekend, but Troca was it was a scare that he had maybe done cindismosis, but he was he was cleared of it. So yeah, because those can be quite serious, but yeah, those are kind of the most annoying.
Speaker 2: I'd say, I think your club has had some obscure injuries, and I think your former skipper, the Collingwood go he's done a fair few injuries in his time where his finger, the top of his finger is just sitting on a forty five nonstuff.
Speaker 1: And it's him and Jared Witz have the most disgusting fingers I've ever seen in my life. It's like that famous photo of like the cricketer catcher keeper over the hell y'all calm, and he's got his fingers going seven different sideways and you're like, this is how do you even I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think there's two that you might know about Quentin Lynch. Did you ever play with the acoustic because he was he was there for a year. I think he must have left as you arrived. He broke his pinky fingers so many times it would sit at a right angle and he just left it. He still has it like that.
Speaker 1: What is there any benefit to that? Maybe I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: That way, and I think from memory, Uh, Daniel Chick he cooked his fingers so many times he just cut it off.
Speaker 1: Oh just as that just doesn't look good. A nub's better than that finger.
Speaker 2: When you get to the custiic level and your fingers sitting at a right angle and you're just getting at caught on ship and every day I'd like cut it off, give me a little nub.
Speaker 1: We'll finish off on this coast to coast battle. We got kink kick four. Big King's going Wow. Shout out to Big King and Oscar Allen. He is the only positive thing coming out of West Coast of the moment with all those injuries. Shout out to the two big boys. They're doing their thing. And that was the big highlight I think from that game. But we'll move on to the next one. Swan's versus Freemantle, Swan's home game couldn't get the dub. This is panic stations.
Speaker 2: Yeah absolutely. I would almost think that they're probably gonna they lose another one or two. They're probably going to start rolling it up. Sure on them now, isn't there Yeah, which everyone was saying the stats coming out of it. If you get flogged in the Grand Final, normally there's a big chance that you missed the finals the next year. We all looked at this young Sydney team full of stars and went, surely they bucked the trend here, but it's not looking good. Especially Freo had a lot of question marks themselves and going into an away game.
Speaker 1: You know, Sydney started around free you they've been there were a real question marks at beginning of the season and Luke Jackson was copping a quite a bit of heat. He was copping a lot of heat from Wi and he's been actually really good recently kicked three on the weekend. Then, you know, props up to him. It's not the easiest thing to be criticized the hell out of it and be like on the back page of the newspaper and everyone just throwing you down talking about your contract now that you're getting paid and you're not worth it, and this and that, you know, and then you come out and you got to be able to mentally get over the and be able to perform. So it's a credit to Jackson. He's done really well and hopefully he continues on this trajectory.
Speaker 2: For those out there now. We pumped him up last week because I saw it coming. A bit of nostrodamis about. But he looks like their absolute savior up forward. He gives them structure, so good overhead, agile, he can do a lot of stuff, this kid, and he's still just a kid. So it's awesome seeing him over there. And we talked about King and Oscar Allen, so it's awesome seeing these young kids have these breakout games because it is so hard and we've all seen it over time. It's so hard for these young kids to develop. Aaron Norton, Yeah, Like he cops so much heat. I think he's like twenty two or something, which is insane that he's like doing what he's doing. The expectation on key forwards is always through the roof and it always takes time to develop. Wait till these guys are hitting their you know, twenty six is to twenty eight's like they're going to be insane. But I'm super pumped for Jackson. Gulden had another crazy game he played. He got these numbers against you guys last week, and he's continued on with another thirty nine and two. He's just running up and down. Buddy had another quiet one. So we're a bit on Buddy watch at the moment, whether you know, they've looked really good without him and the team. So now the conundrum is, once you start getting to the point where you're like, maybe we're out of finals, do you start to look more towards the you know, Buddy send off show and like do the Grand Tour where if you announce it, then you know, fans in Brisbane still get a chance to see him and celebrat him, Fans in Perth still get a chance to see him and celebrate him. If you leave it too late, you probably rub everyone of this opportunity to see this last dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think the Swans are out of finals yet though, I think they still got an opportunity. And the interesting thing with the whole you talk about Jack and Tom and Buddy and all these guys are older generation that are, you know, looking towards probably the back end of their career. It's it would be awesome if if he were to come out and say, like whenever his last year is this year, next year, the year after that, whatever it is, for him to come out at the beginning of the year, and we could kind of give him a proper send off throughout the year, be amazing, an absolute champion of the game. But the thing is is, like you're not sure who's going to be on your list until the end of the year, you know, so you can't really do that unless he kind of comes out or whoever it is comes out and says like, nah, this is it, I don't want to do this anymore after this year, like this is all. But I think with any player, you're not gonna come out early and say that because then if you go if the team goes really well and then all of a sudden, like think about last year, right like if someone came out of being he was like, oh Collingwood's rebuilding, We're not can be very good, blah blah blah, don't I'm just gonna call him last year, you know, and then you win the eleven straight you go fuck, like, okay, wait, hold on, we might be in the Premiership one now. Now I want to stay on. I want to stay on. So there's things like that. I just don't think you can ever make those decisions. It's really tough to make those decisions until the very end, and it had to take some kind of grants between the club and him to or whoever it is to to make that decision early. But I don't. I think Buddy's still got plenty of good footing in him, and yeah, I want to see him play as long as he can, because he is an entertainer one oh one, and.
Speaker 2: It is wrapped up in a lot of things. So he's also got a few milestones up ahead, so like he's only a handful of goals off, you know, jumping up another rung to I think fourth all time goalkicker, like all of these things. So he's got these milestones on the horizon. But at the same time, if you're saying Sydney's not out of finals yet and they're playing good footy without him in the side, do you drop him? So, like it's it's a very interesting set of circumstances they find themselves in but they do have North Melbourne next week.
Speaker 1: Confidence booster.
Speaker 2: You can't say that, but.
Speaker 1: It is it Marvel though I don't know.
Speaker 2: It isn't Marvel. So we never know what we're going to get out of North back home from down in Tazzy where maybe they're not as welcome as they once were. I want to pull this one forward. This is interesting now, so we've all we all know that North Melbourne Hawthorne, they've been toiling away down in Tasmania for a bunch of years now, you know, getting another group of fans to jump on. At what stage do we think that Tasmanians, Taswegians regions, at what point do we think Taswegians are going all right? North Hawthorn it's been real piss off.
Speaker 1: But this is this is the thing though. It is like they've got all this sponsorship in the idea of them wanting to get a team, but now once they get the team, sponsorship goes out the window, Like where do they make that money? Then? Also do all those supporters in Tasmania that we're supporting North Melmne or in Tasmania do they all go and obviously they'll end up supporting the Tasmanian team, So it'd be interesting to see from a membership level also funding level for North and Hawthorne, who were always kind of the two. I feel like the people are like, hey, you know, like do we you know, got nix them and make them the Tazi team, Like all of a sudden, now they're probably setting another set back because they don't have as much fun in because now all the Tasmanians are going to support the Tazi team that comes in in twenty twenty six or wherever it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I can't imagine Tasmania is gonna keep sponsoring Hawthorn from much longer because I would want to push all of that funding into their own team exactly. It's going to be very interesting. I don't know if it starts getting hostile down there, but but you know, how long can it last?
Speaker 1: The game was down in Tazzy North Belben versus Port Adelaide and Jason Horn Francis game. Everyone was looking at this on the calendar thinking when is what's going to happen? How is he going to play against his old team? All the beef between the two and everything that was going on in the media, and let's just say Jason horn Francis was on the better team on the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, he definitely definitely had the last laugh because Port came out and just thumped North. Not in front of too many people there either, So I mean, if you want to get booed by one team, it's probably North fans, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Wow wow.
Speaker 2: But yeah, unfortunately for North, a whole bunch of injuries, including Camzo which Fi which it was a bit of you know, that's that was the lead up as much as it was you know, North v. Horn Francis, it was really Camz Harvey horn Francis with the history of that outgoing and yeah, I don't know, it's a real hard one for North at the moment. Is it past the you know the you always have that little uptick of effort when you have a new coach on Alistair Clarkson coming in at the start of the season, and then has that already started to like fade away, and then you left with these performances.
Speaker 1: The five injuries aren't going to help them, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're definitely not going to help. I still like big Souve up forward. Yeah, kicked another mini bag. I don't know what what do you think a bag is nowadays? In terms of girls?
Speaker 1: Five? Yeah, hey, surely I don't know how many? How many balls can you fit in a bag? It's probably better question.
Speaker 2: There is science to this.
Speaker 1: Well. Shout out though, Todd Goldstein. Fifty six hitouts, big man, the big man, Todd Goldstein, he's still got it.
Speaker 2: He's had fifty six hitouts. You'd be looking at your midfield going, come on, boys, boys, what do I got to?
Speaker 1: By way you get to the dare bop of the drop of the ball.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was a massacre out there, Hawthorne, b Melbourne. We all knew it was going to be the sad part out of it. As you already mentioned. Petruca with potentially a bit of an injury.
Speaker 1: But marks around that this week it'll be on a heavy watchdown there.
Speaker 2: Gives the you know, the journos something to do. Love chasing them around to.
Speaker 1: Sit outside that imaging center for another three days now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's not a lot we can really say out of this game, Hawthorn. With the goal to halftime probably not what you want as a fan rolling down there. I don't know how long the fact that you won all these flags can like sustain your joy of the team every week you just like gold what halftime? At least we want How.
Speaker 1: Many years is the enough years to say you're gonna you know, build your team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well this is this? Is it?
Speaker 1: Four? Is it? Five?
Speaker 2: Like it's a deep conversation and we had this before we started off, but there's got to be new questions asked. Once you introduced the nineteenth team, once you introduced the twentieth team, the finals are still top eight. That's a lot of teams that are missing out. There's still a lot of teams fighting over draft picks, so the draft pool is going to get shallower. Everything's gonna go. You know, there's the fixture needs to be fixed. We need to get fairness in the fixture. Melbourne's versing Hawthorne twice and North twice and it's outed as you know, premiership contenders this year. How are they getting four potential wins out of those four games? I would say potential wins you never know what's going to happen. But they get an easier draw like that. That doesn't make sense if you're always talking about we need, you know, a quality in, you know, the fixture. It's got to be even games. We've got to be verse. We've got to be verse in everyone once, like, we've got to the draft system needs to be fixed, I reckon. So you can't have teams like aiming to finish down the bottom. Not saying that anyone here, but yeah, there's a lot that's going to have to get shaken up to fix some of this.
Speaker 1: Like Gills kind of hinted at the fact that there'll be twenty teams, like to have an odd number with Tazi coming in, like nineteen doesn't sound as nice as twenty and for fixturing and everything else. So then okay, you mentioned get the finals, and we've talked about this is like do we do the play in?
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I don't want people to roll their eyes at this too, because everyone always says like you're trying to Americanize the game or whatever. There's going to be there's got to be there's a necessity to it. When it comes to the point where it's like there's nineteen twenty teams and only eight of them get to make the finals, surely you've got to open up, you know, the next nine and ten slots so half the competition's got a chance at joy in their lives their life, So you'd probably initially be looking at, you know, the top six make it through seven and eight, verse nine and ten to play in to get to the grand to the finals. Yeah, ok, and the winner of those two verse five six sense, So like you'd have to start looking at that. And that's not because we're trying to americanize it. You've got to get some of these teams up into finals. There's teams that are dwelling down there for years. And like on top of all of this is like another brief thing that we can't really dive into because we could talk about it for hours, is your free agency because it's not turning out the way that they wanted it to turn out. The smaller teams with no success are having to pay a way bigger price packet to get bigger names into their club. And then I feel that once you get that big bag and you go onto a play for a club that's going to be losing every week, what's your motivation really? And then the ultimate is you've got all these like, you know, thirty year old guys that are still at the top of their game that want to go to a successful club where they can guarantee that they're going to have success the next two three years. So they're just going to the best clubs and they might take, you know, a little cut, or the lower teams might pay half their salary, so it's not really working out. So we're seeing a lot of successful teams stay successful for a lot of years. And if you stuff up this draft or you stuff up you know, your trade period, you could be dwelling down there for a long time. So you need to be able to have a chance at making final. So then these top end players can go like, oh, well they technically made They finished like the top.
Speaker 1: Half the Yeah, so AFL you know what. That also means more money. More money are all about, So that would be another little golden nugget for.
Speaker 2: You equalizers up that competition. Now, this one is an interesting one. We're going to jump into Brisbane v Essendon and Joey D big fella you know, was doing it all like kick six goals on the weekend. Now everyone's looking at Charlie Cameron, the Electric Machine, Harley Ryder himself, but Joey D. When you've just got a plethora of Fords up there. They've got Gunston, They've got hip Would, they got all these guys that you know roll through there, and one of them is going to be dangerous each week. Very tall, a lot of tall boys up there. How did you see this guy?
Speaker 1: Well, JOEJ like you said, kick six. His song is let It Go from Frozen, huge fan, let it Go, Let it Go. Something's e Disney guy.
Speaker 2: When you're picking, when you're letting players pick their own songs, surely you got to you know, heard them in the right direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe just pick a fan favorite. But it's a family atmosphere up there in Prisbone.
Speaker 2: When he kicks six, you gotta be.
Speaker 1: The girl. The little young girls there are, the families and stuff are just loving Joey D. But the interesting thing about the weekend with him was like Aston couldn't find a solution for him. At one point they put Phillips back on him, a ruckman playing a defender on Joe D. Because it was just a massacre in the four line, Like six isn't he I'd be six foot six, maybe six for seven, whereas like Phillips would be like six ten. So you got a guy who's a bit taller and where you wouldn't really have that, probably in a ford line or in defense for them. But yeah, he caused all kinds of issues for Uscident over the weekend, and I wonder if it's a bit of a one of those things, you know, a little grudge match used to play for them, and you know every time he goes up against them, he kind of gets a bit of extra energy. Now that does happen, It does happen.
Speaker 2: I circled this one because there wasn't a lot of amazing games on the weekend. I just put that out there. I think they blew their load all that when there was Thursday night games. You know, when they were doing Thursday Thursday, Thursday, every round was just banger after banger after banging, and then they went all the way up into the Anzac Day game and then they're like, we're out of good stuff, wrap up the Thursday nighters, no more of them, and then just roll out all this crap. But Carlton Bulldogs, because there's just so many little side stories in all of this, but Carlton coming in with a bit of heat on them. Technically their home game against the Bulldogs. Bulldogs are having a run looking good. They started with a lot of question marks at the they lost their first couple, but since then they've been on fire. Now the opposite can be said for Carlton, and they're you know, they're not really winning against any of these top teams. So their verse five top eight teams and they've lost to four of them, and they beat Geelong when Geelong was probably not at the peak of their pawals. So there is a few question marks around Carlton, but it was kind of the same old story for kicking it long, not really getting much out of their forward line. Charlie got targeted four times. Could you imagine if you were Key Ford Coleman medallists down there just begging for it four times targeted as a Ford.
Speaker 1: It'd be rough. I mean, we talked about this last week of Carlton just having issues going inside fifty and getting it to their big boys, and yeah, only targeting that man four times is something They'll be going into the review and trying to find a way to get the bat in his hands more often, There's no doubt about that. But the big onest thing I think that's come out of this is Carlton's kicking there was that many that were kicked on the fool and trying to snap and hitting the belly of the ball. And I don't know who the kicking coach is down there, but he's he's he's in a in a rough spot. He's under the pop. But yeah, it's it's one of those things. It's a it's a confidence thing. And sometimes you know it's one person's miss misses one. You know that pressure of oh my gosh, please not be one of those days. Everyone misses it. I'm up next, Oh now, oh my gosh, like and it just plays in your head and maybe this is what's happening at Carlton. I'm not really sure, but to have one goal at half all those misses, it's it was a rough, rough start for the Carlton Blues and the Bulldogs are able to get the win over and take advantage of it.
Speaker 2: Now. One thing that was really bizarre. I was watching the game. Harry Charlie hadn't been sighted, but then Big Matt always streaming out of the square. He's doing leads, clunking marks. It's like you got these two common medalists sitting up there and you got one. Oh you go here, the paddicks always up there, clunking marks, sinking set shots, doing the Carlton jumper pull, getting the crowd into it. It's a bizarro world down there at Carlton. I have no idea what the hell's going on, but you know that's one for VOSSI to figure out. What I will say, bulldogs absolutely flying fastball movement. It's looking great getting it down there to Norton. But then they got a couple of others. Rory Love another one that's come across and he's starting to feel his place in the team, starting to kick some goals. So it's gonna be a massive game sets up next week for Carlton b Collingwood.
Speaker 1: Massive And it's interesting. Crips got out of a fine, Sorry he got a fine, got out of a suspension for pulling hair.
Speaker 2: Don't see many hairpins.
Speaker 1: There was I think one with Nicknapp new years ago. Someone pulled his drugs. But yeah, Crips, I'm sure he hired the right lawyers and you got the right people in place to make sure he didn't get suspended as he always do it Carlton, as they always doing. Hey, Melbourne took after them. They probably hide the same morial last week and they got out of it just a little sorry, thousand dollars fine for pulling hairs.
Speaker 2: So but it was Bailey Smith. Maybe he just wanted to touch the mullet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well what happens if maybe it's just a bit natty, you know, and it's not properly combed, and you know, the hand gets stuck in there, you know, maybe it's on maybe it's on him, not on crips. I'm not really too sure. But where does that fit in the MRO table? You know, they've got like high contact, like whether they meant to or not. Like does hair pulling come into maybe a box somewhere for the MRO. I'm not really sure.
Speaker 2: Right up there, right up there. Six weeks six weeks, Oh, jump into this one because it was a really entertaining game. Adelaide v s and Kilda Saints starting to slow a little bit, but it's only because they're coming up against really good competition and Adelaide is just that.
Speaker 1: Do you think this game was Adelaide being good or Saint Kilda not being up to scratch?
Speaker 2: I think Adelaide and Adelaide is I know you guys managed to beat him.
Speaker 1: There at one point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's it's a massive challenge as as you and the boys would know, to go over there and beat Adelaide. It's a real fortress for him again and it was a bit of a throwback because tex Walker.
Speaker 1: That's a roundhouse kick by Chuck Norris, ladies and gentlemen. Tex Walker.
Speaker 2: He came out and kicked five. So he's just another one of those, you know, these old key forwards that are also still getting it done, still up the top of the goal kicking table. Your boy one of the one of the big old rocks. Can you get a bag of hitouts?
Speaker 1: I think a bag is probably like fifty so Todd Gold seen bag of hitouts this week. Roan Marshall one hit out away from old bag. He had forty nine to O'Brien's thirty nine and O'Brien's a good rockman. Rowan Marshall, I think it is one of the best out there. The biggest thing with him though, is he just has to stay healthy. It is they're a totally different team. Whenever he's playing well, whenever he's getting out about and taking marks around the ground and getting hitouts. He's a very, very good player and a man with a beautiful haircut.
Speaker 2: I've got it. If you have a dominant game, Yeah, callia plumber.
Speaker 1: Plumber.
Speaker 2: We've got more taps than a plumber.
Speaker 1: Ah, let's go. I'm all right fifty plus you're a plumber on the week.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Ross Lyon gave him Saint Kilda the mulligan. They go, all right, boys, we played pretty well. Come over here, have an off performance. Zech. I think we've been playing pretty consistently. Consistency the key word. We've been playing pretty consistently, you know, every now and then you drop one.
Speaker 1: I think this is a smart player by Ross, because if you go into depth and you start dissecting at too much, you know, you start to lose that confidence and faith in what you're doing. Whereas if you just go, hey, boys, forget this, this is done. Move on. Let's focus on the fact that we had a lot of good games in the beginning of the season. We had this momentum. Let's continue that. Let's just totally ignore that this happened, and let's try to move back to what we were before. I think it's actually a good play by Ross because as players, you don't want to get in this mental head game of thinking like, oh, we're off now, you know, our momentum is gone. We don't know what we're doing anymore. We're going to question everything. It's like, nah, go back to what was working. You had one bad game. These things happen, Just move on. Let's try to continue the momentum at the beginning the year. And I think it's a smart play by ross Lyin.
Speaker 2: Because otherwise you can sit there right. You come off a game and you're thinking, God, I don't want to go in for the Monday meeting. I don't want to. I don't want to go in.
Speaker 1: It's a real no eye contact with the coach type deal.
Speaker 2: But if they tell you after the game, boys, let's not stress. Put this one aside.
Speaker 1: There's one person we know that doesn't stress anymore. It's all Rossy Lion.
Speaker 2: They walked into the rooms. The reggae was playing One Love. Now. Let me intro this because I got a little sudden.
Speaker 1: The other podcast we should that would be good.
Speaker 2: I'm hot Box with Mike Tyson. You've got the smoke billowing out the windows, wine down the windows like the manual ones.
Speaker 1: I had to zoom in on that one.
Speaker 2: I like that one. But here we go the moment everyone's been waiting for.
Speaker 1: Listen speech show.
Speaker 2: Well it's the big show, mate.
Speaker 1: I have never heard that song in my life.
Speaker 2: Well it's a big show. Okay, big show. Wwwe great? Oh yeah, seven foot five hundred pounder. Well he paled in comparison to Mason Cops on the weekend, who absolutely dominated the giants. They weren't giants. This man was the giant on the day. I'm talking about like you kicked twelve girls. Hyped, We'll get into it this way. Everyone's like, I fucking hate that guy because every time he plays an okay game, everyone's like, this guy's a king. But let's jump into it because the game kicked off in it outstanding fashion. Bobby coming up against his old side for the first time, and what does he do.
Speaker 1: His fiftieth game, comes up against the old rivals as old team, he goes, boys and girls, I'm stuck in the corner. Well I Skinche all this one through like an absolute.
Speaker 2: G He did everything right too. He looked inside so many times and he's like, fucking boys, come on, give me something and dropped it on his foot, dribbled it through around the corner. It was so pretty. It was very pretty, very Bobby asked, oh, the dazzler. But let's jump into your game. So during the week, your first ruckman, Billy Frampton groin injury at training.
Speaker 1: Second ruck Mason Cox, has to step up play this. Billy Frampton goes into training right and he's gone. Mace's back. Don't need to go into the ruck anymore. Boys going back to the back line, can just show face for a little bit. He goes back, he plays well in training, goes well in training, ride very end of it, groin pings, and yours truly is gone. All right here he goes the back up. Ask Johnson, how you bed so keen?
Speaker 2: Well, it was funny because the week before your first week back, Billy Frampton comes out and has thirty taps or whatever. It's like, mate, you're getting a bit too good. You're gonna just pull it back a bit. I think you must have gave him a little money under the table. Be like, mate, have a week off this week. I need some cloun I need some attention. Back to big Mace. Uh, you're dulling my shine, big fellow. But Mace goes out there, starts out. You played a lot of game time, and you I seen elderly people walk around smoother than you've been walking around this morning, grunting, stepping up the van, sitting on the kitch. How's the body, how's the big rig feeling?
Speaker 1: It's absolutely cooked. I would say the farm, but refrained from it. It's funny though, I remember whenever Billy played his first game in the Rock he was like, I don't know how you do it. I am sore in so many places I did know where possible, and my body just aches everywhere. And that's just the feeling whatever. Your rockman takes two or three days to get back to normal walking and it just it just the body just sore, just soared so many places. But we o that one over the weekend, and you're happy with that, and at least it was for a good cause.
Speaker 2: Now you had nine marks, I think nine marks from the game and you're floating around. You're doing it everywhere. I saw you get one back. You went back with the flight. You're marking them down the line. Good option that Collingwood hasn't had for a while. Now, when did you know that you were on There's got to be a point where you're like, oh god, it's sticking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it's this sticky night. It was a great, you know, sunny day, and then you get the nice little dew of the the mcg you get a bit of grippa on the hands, and it's just there's a certain temperature, I think, and there's a certain a certain environment and the baramic pressures go barometric. Petro's got to be perfect, perfect for a big man, and you just see him sticking and Jesse, Hey, Jesse Hogan was sticking them too, that man I fought was going well too. So I think it was one of those days the big man I going, if there's a day to have a day, it's to day. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was like, Jesse's always got a big task coming up. I always look at two things and it's, you know, the small forward for the opposition. I'm sorry, guys like you, You've either got to play on Brandon Maynard, who's going to punch out, or you got to play on Quain is.
Speaker 1: One of the best one on one players in the league.
Speaker 2: He's lost I still don't believe it because it's such a ridiculous stat but he's lost one one on one for the year.
Speaker 1: It's funny though, because in the game I was watching it, he had to one on one out the back and I was like, oh no, don't. I was like, keep this streak alive. Every Yeah, he's folding and I was like, streaks alive.
Speaker 2: Well, that more convinces me that the streak's a thing, Like I'm like, that's the thing, because I don't how can you only lose one for the year.
Speaker 1: He's a freak. He's a freak athlete and he just he just absolutely scraps for everything. Him and John Noble Man like in Brazilian themselves. To everyone in the back line, it's you see these players, I just refuse to give up, refuse to give up.
Speaker 2: Let's walk through your game because there's a bit to dissect. So you started well, clunking a few marks, drift forward, take a mark, fefty out. I'm gonna say fifty out, so you would have gone back, probably have to kick it just outside fifty. What's going through the head?
Speaker 1: Well, the first thing is where's the handball received? I'll look it back Braidon Maynard, Jordy someone. I think at one point Braden was like oh oh, oh no, no no, and then there's soon next to him. Then Jordy asked for it, and I really probably should have gave it to Jordy, I'll be honest, And I was like, got to the point, there's maybe ten fifteen seconds left, I've exhausted all my options for a handball receive, and I've gone top of the square. Do we kicked topless pizel? I'm sure Checks is probably pointing, he's gone, he's no chance of making the distance here, just pop it up, pop it up. I'll try to clock one. And I've gone, Nah, I've got this, mate, I've got this. You know I've I've shown plenty of promise from fifty out the.
Speaker 2: Babe Ruth points into the stands. This one's going along. Fellas, we're giving a fair whack of this thing. And I think you told me I like my plant. It was fifty one meters proof, it was outside fifty It's proof. And as soon as I hit it, I struck it, I knew it made the distance. God knows where it was going to go. I know I made the distance, and that was my big question mark.
Speaker 1: So as soon as I looked up, I'm just kind of had about the three seconds to watch itself through, gave the Peter Pan pos and just gave a little tick of the box.
Speaker 2: I had full faith and every colling with supporter at home. The favorite part almost was when it cuts to the bench and flies just pissing him.
Speaker 1: He's probably like, pissed I actually tried to do it. He's probably thinking like I was with Jade and Stevens and no, he tried to barrel one from fifty five and slaughtered it.
Speaker 2: He's probably already got the bake sitting in his head. He's like rehearsed. He's like when he gets to the bench, I'm going to hit him with this one. It's a good line. I've got a good joke for him or something. Or now he's like a bitch. He goes, how much confidence do you have on that one? I said, none, Just as bad as much as you probably had on that. You took one back with the flight, Yeah against Nick Haynes. Fully Poster got up there. He got a full taste of the Mason Cocks coming back. But you weren't able to finish that one off.
Speaker 1: Full taste of the Cocks.
Speaker 2: But I didn't finish, didn't finish unfortunately, couldn't finish, but you did get one on him later and just went and let him know it wasn't really on him.
Speaker 1: It was on Flynn, but he did ended up standing the mark. I wanted. Whenever you take a mark on a ruckman, right like, let's say you're a rock one v one, you've pushed forward into the forward line, you take a mark on him, you want him to stand in the mark. You want him just to stand there and be like, you know what, Yep, this is your fault. This is all you're doing, and you're gonna enjoy this little spectacle that's about to unwind in front of you. Kicking a goal in front of your face. Rock v Rock stuff. It's a real one on one just in the head between the ears type mentality thing. And unfortunately Hayes is that went on the bar. I didn't realize it until after it because I kicked the goal and I kind of jogged up thinking it was Fleming. Then this last second I realized it was Haynes, and I was like, oh, so I just can't really talk shit to you.
Speaker 2: Just walked right up to him and just stood next day because.
Speaker 1: The last second I realized you're not the person I want.
Speaker 2: To talk shit too, but I do want you to walk through this. Back with the flight mark was actually super impressive, really good kick coming in from I'm gonna say yeah, Bo, who had an absolute off the charts games.
Speaker 1: Because his mom gave the greatest pop up speech of all time before the game.
Speaker 2: His mom's iconic.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: The first selection video. If you haven't seen that one, go back where she's just baking him in front of all the boys. But he sees you, I'm going to say, he sees you streaming through the guts. How far away did you run from? Did you know what was coming? What's the did you fear for your life at any point?
Speaker 1: To be honest, I was probably lazy coming back in defense. Just the cherry peck. Here we go now. Once I saw a bird kind of break free. You can see because you can see everyone in front of end where everyone's going. Everyone's just kind of pushing forward, pushing forward, lengthening, and no one was through the middle. So I was just kind of trotting there going like waving my hands, going like, bo, please see me inside. And the fact that they all popped in front. I think of the defending kind of looked like fat side and he just sees this big draft just stumbling forward and just goes, yeah, I'll just throw it up in the air and hopefully it comes down with it. And yeah, I didn't have anyone on me, so Nick James was I think playing on Jamie Elliott. I think it was lengthening the goal square whoever it was, and.
Speaker 2: He pulled up. Jamie was like, I'm not getting involved in.
Speaker 1: I'm good. But the thing is, though, it's like if I don't make that mark, then Jamie's their ground level. It's a goal anyway because we've got out number. So yeah, that was kind of the play by play, but yeah, happy that bow kind of saw me out the corner of his eye and decided to pop one up.
Speaker 2: It was I just couldn't help but think it's a real poster from the you know, NBA legs wrapped around this poor guy just.
Speaker 1: Didn't see if it all coming either. It It hurt.
Speaker 2: Oh what did hurt?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It hurt, Brandon. You don't need to say anymore. Now.
Speaker 2: There was a circumstance and I think this every time, but there was a ball up on the goal line and I'm thinking, don't hit it fucking through.
Speaker 1: Now, why was everyone laughing down there? I was okay, So in my head, right, I'm still learning a few things, Brighten. I'm still learning what's acceptable and what's not whenever it comes to umpiring, and I'm learning like all of us, and the balls of ball up maybe five four or five meters out from the goal line. In my mind, I'm like, easy, just throw it through. All good, and I just lock eyes with Tom Mitchell. I think he sees it. Mys It's like, you, dumb fuck, don't do this. Don't don't do this, and he looks at me, goes, do not punch it through the point post space and I was like, what it's like, do not punch it through. It will be a free kick against. And I was like, oh, oh, that's interesting. So I was learning end game in real time rules about the game. So yeah. So Tom gave me a little bit of a help there, which was quite funny. It made me laugh in the game because I legitimately had no idea and then you put one down. I think we had a second stop at whoever it was. But I learned a lesson in the middle of the game. And that's not the punch of three as a rock contest.
Speaker 2: You're only almost ten years into the.
Speaker 1: Game, so the first time it's happened to me, So be fair.
Speaker 2: It's a fast changing, fast evolving game.
Speaker 1: Now I want to I want to talk about one last thing because I know Sarah, like she interviewed me after the game. She said about these fantasy point things, I don't understand how they work. To be honest, I'm still question marking, but she was like, you were like two or three points off, like getting your high fantasy points where if it is, you know, right. And it made me think because at the end of the game, sitting on the bench is maybe five minutes ago, and Jerry Way's hop performance manager goes, do you want to come back on? You know, like we needed pull Checkers off between you and Will, And I was like, hey, I'll go back on. And then Will was on the other side of the bench and Checkers kind of came off and You kind of looked at me and he's like, Noah, will go ahead, and I kind of like looked at Will. We were just kind of laughing about like who wants the last you know, minut and a half of playing, you know, like who wants to go on? Will goes on? Just run straight to the golf square and just gets a free goal, just a free goal very into the game, with like a minute laught and I looked back to Jerry Wade. I was like that motherfucker, and he just had an absolute laugh the fact that I just gave him one to just have another little little breath on the sideline, just chill out.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess you got to let some people have a go. Mates, you're out there, just give someone else a kick.
Speaker 1: That would have got you.
Speaker 2: To twenty and three, which would have been pretty good, that would have tipped you over the data ranking points score thing that like no one knows what it actually.
Speaker 1: I don't bet, I don't know these things are calculated.
Speaker 2: It's like a sports data thing. It's not it's not betting, but it was like fantasy points or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Someone that you would have been sitting alongside on the bench, Scott Pendlebury taken out of the game. Is there anything wrong with with the rolls Royce Scott Pendlebury.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think he's all right. After the game said your eyes, yeah, well good. I think we just I mean, like you get to the point where the sub, right, like the subrings extra in. But we didn't have any injuries on the day, so it was kind of those things of like who do you take off and conserve energy from and like maybe you try to extend there kind of season And it was like, oh, well, Peddles can come off and like, yeah, he's an unselfish player, and then Reef goes into the ford line because like you just you don't want to have the subset of the whole game and not play. It's like you might as well bring in fresh legs. So it was probably the awkward one of I mean, like I think Bobby it happened to him a couple of weeks ago. Bobby came off and you know he was he got subbed off even though he was playing all right. But it's the whole thing of like who do you kind of take off to bring in fresh legs just because you have that option. I think Pendles are just the one on the day that you know, maybe it was just like you know what, I'm good, I've done my job. You know, I've played one hundred and thirty nine games that I've woned the mcg and broken the record today. I'm tick the box. I'm good, just gonna hang out in the back bench.
Speaker 2: Most wins ever at the MCG in the history of the sport.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty big achievement. And he just keeps ticking them off and he's still still got to He's gonna keep pushing that for a long way yet. And we got Darcy Cameron look coming back in the next is he going to be It might be back this week DC, which would be Yeah. It's massive.
Speaker 1: I mean like it was a real kind of like nervous time from whenever he had his knee injury and it wasn't really sure what happened. And he's been hitting the gym. He's been hitting the gym and running and everything else. Like every time I go in there, he's just sweating a storm up, whether it be lifting weights or just getting off the track, like he's been putting the work in. So he's he's set to hopefully have a really good comeback and if he's if he's available this week, they'll probably offload a bit of that rock stuff from ass Johnson and they'll be back to kind of normality with myself in DC splitting that rock roll so exciting times. And you know, you got the other players and Lips coming back hopefully soon, and damn stay he's coming back soon, hopefully. And some of these players that were probably in our best twenty two come round one are now kind of getting healthy again. So hopefully we can, you know, cross our fingers, get them back as soon as possible and then have a healthy team and.
Speaker 2: Hopefully take the pressure off them to have to return quickly because you get in the wins. It's not like God, I got to come in because we're under the pump. It's good that hopefully these guys can have a proper recovery and then have you a full tilt at it in the second half of the year. Now, let's jump into this last thing on the pod next week, Carlton Collingwood Traditional Rivals sellout game will assume even though they've buried it at Sunday. Now, this is what I want from you, right, this is to finish the pod. Big week. Everyone, jump on, subscribe, It's going to be a massive week moving forward. Jump on. Make sure you don't miss the drop of the Travis Cloak podcast. Right all the formalities out of the way. This is what I want from you.
Speaker 1: Celebration or something.
Speaker 2: No, because they've buried this Carlton Collingwood on a Sunday. We need to promote this, right, it's not going to promote itself.
Speaker 1: So I just be doing mart for the IFL.
Speaker 2: So I jumped into chat GPT and asked it to write a quick promo for Collingwood v. Carlton, which I'm going to get you to voice, and I'm going to cut a little video trailer for this weekend coming forward. So in your best voice, I want a trailer voice, an Americanized trailer voice.
Speaker 1: Real ea sports.
Speaker 2: I want you to pump up Collingwood v. Carlton. Get those tickets flowing, get them coming in and out of the gates full. They're going to be parked out the front. We need you to sell this game, so over to you. Collingwood v. Carlton, Mason Cox, get them up.
Speaker 1: Calling all footy fanatics and loyal supporters, brace yourself for a clash that will shake the very foundation of the AFL. The stage just said, the battle lines are drawn and the excitement is palpables, Callingwood and Carleton prepared to go ahead to head and a master will leave your breathless. On Sundays, the hollowood grounds of the MCG will be transformed into a cauldron of passion and intensity. Brace yourselves for a since sational display of skill strategy in OHT crunching tackles that will leave you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. The Mighty Magpies are ready to sort a new height so led by their fearless captain and star studded lineup, they'll bring the unwavering tenacity, electrifying pace, and lethal precision to dominate the field. Expect nothing short of sheer brilliance, leaving their opponents in all. Don't underestimate the Carlton Blues, as they're fueled by a hunger for victory that knows no bounds. Powered by their rich heritage and unwavering determination, the Blues will channel their iconic Navy blue energy into a relentless assault on the opposition. With their explosive bursts of speed and unwavering teamwork, They'll stop at nothing to secure a triumphant victory. Bring us out, Mice, get ready for a clash of effort proportions that will leave you breathless. It's time to night, support your team and revel an electric atmosphere of Carlton versus Collingwood. Thank you for the love. As we mentioned at the beginning of the podcast, like share everything else, you ladies and gentlemen are the reason we do this and we appreciate everything you've done to help us grow and continue to grow. Thank you so much, and continue this amazing community we have here. So enjoy the week ahead and we'll look forward to next week. Peace,