Speaker 1: Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, Hello, Happy Thursday.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, they had to release you Taylor Swift tickets.
Speaker 4: They added more to the Sydney and Melbourne dates because demand has just never been higher more.
Speaker 1: That's my question. Don't surely if it's sold out, it's sold out? Like where did they find the extra seats?
Speaker 5: It's not another show?
Speaker 1: Like were they just like hoarding seats and then they realized actually some people weren't coming.
Speaker 5: I think they do intentionally.
Speaker 2: They hold them back because they know they're going to sell now and cause another frenzy.
Speaker 4: Also, Taylor Swift, can't I just pull out some like trestle tables, Like if my auntie Karen can do that at Christmas in the back garden and bite her neighbors, then they can do more at the arena tour you're taking mich I've taken my mum to every concert.
Speaker 5: It's the cutest thing.
Speaker 3: I've ever heard.
Speaker 5: Who did you take to the Pink concert?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: My mom?
Speaker 5: And did your mum have an out Does Michelle have an outfit for Taylor?
Speaker 4: Yes, Michelle went to Miller's and she has knee high boots and she's also got callous fingers because she's been making friendship bracelets to give away.
Speaker 3: She's got to be like mother Teresa and me throwing them into the I.
Speaker 1: Reckon you put your mum to work and made her do that. I don't reckon that was like voluntarily. You were like, Mum, you can only come, but you've got to make me fifteen.
Speaker 4: Friendship brace she made me while it was too big. I'm like, Mum, this is the wrong side. She's like, where is an anklet? I don't think that.
Speaker 5: That's not on. These got two friendship bracelets?
Speaker 3: Is that not?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and giant was given to me by Misch.
Speaker 5: Actually have you heard this though?
Speaker 1: The whole friendship bracelet thing, so, I mean, if you're not across, it's a very big thing in the Taylor Swift world. You take friendship bracelets to the concerts and you trade them, but they're putting a limit on how many you can take. Because people were rocking up to Taylor Swift concerts with like four hundred friendship bracelets in their backpacks trying to trade them out with people.
Speaker 2: You can't have that for having two hundred there's a line and four hundred across it.
Speaker 4: Well, it's almost Taylor Swift Day. So we have a full row of tickets. Your chance to win coming up here at the pickup. If you don't have your tickets yet, you're chance. We your home of Taylor. Sweet it's happening in the next fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Hey, we have one of my favorite segments, ask on cut coming up, and we.
Speaker 5: Have a real well do you know what she's said? It's a predicament. She's called up with a problem. Can you be naked in a gym?
Speaker 2: Don't know if it's much of a predicament because I feel at the law this is like a pretty straightforward answer.
Speaker 5: She's going to get into the specifics after the break.
Speaker 4: All right, next on the pickup. Okay, Thursday, which means we have to.
Speaker 5: Do this ask I'm cat.
Speaker 2: Thursday's is one of my favorite days, and that is because we get to answer a listener dilemma.
Speaker 5: And I love them because I make me feel a little bit better about my life. Today. We've got Angela that's called up now.
Speaker 2: It's something about I'm gonna let her explain it, but something about public nudity.
Speaker 5: So I'm interested to see who's doing what where they're doing show Hi Angela. Hi guys, Hi Angela, what's going on?
Speaker 6: So seeking your opinions? Awesome advice here, I'm just inquiring on behalf of a male friend of mine. He goes to like a predominantly female populated gym where they also have like massage chairs, saunas, and ice bath, and so he frequents the ice bath. But it came up in conversation one day what people wear in the ice bath and that sort of thing. I don't know if people with stuff on him or not, but he has been going in nude.
Speaker 5: Wait, it's not in a private room.
Speaker 6: It's in a private room. He just goes nude in the ice bath.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, so no one else can walk in and see him.
Speaker 6: No, no one else can walk in and see But this has ruffled some feathers. I assume the women would be wearing their bra and UNDI that sort of thing. But what are your thoughts?
Speaker 5: I okay.
Speaker 2: When I sort of heard what this was about, I thought he was going into an ice bath in a gym that anyone could go into with.
Speaker 5: No clothes, and I was like, wow, a legal and public in decency.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but I've changed my tune a bit now now that you said he's in a private room, it's like his little time to shine. I mean, whether he's naked or he's got some loose board shots on the junk still there.
Speaker 5: It makes difference, does it?
Speaker 3: It does? I think it does?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 3: Do they do they flush the water after every session?
Speaker 6: Look, it's not every session, no, so I'm not entirely sure after how many. But it's sort of one of those ones where like it's refrigerated, so the ice stays in there for a while. It's not like a like a big bucket situation.
Speaker 3: Then he came.
Speaker 1: So weird though, Its because like, yes, you're getting into a bar, but like even if you've got swimmers on or whatever, all your junk is still in the water.
Speaker 5: It's still washing around and getting on that.
Speaker 1: Like the water just because you're wearing simmers doesn't not touch your private path, So why.
Speaker 5: Do you care more about you?
Speaker 4: But there's at least a barrier of speedo or under your board shorts that a gun can't float on it's self.
Speaker 3: Contain Listen, I've.
Speaker 5: Got a poop and then not wiping ice.
Speaker 4: You guys don't have bits. You're all self contained. Okay, we got we got bits and pieces and length and witch.
Speaker 5: Walking in there with your dove soap and having a wash in there.
Speaker 6: There's three of you, so I suppose we could go to a little voat type situation.
Speaker 3: Okay, Laura, what's your vote?
Speaker 1: I think it's fine, fine, hang out with you, hang out Britt junk in the trunk.
Speaker 3: I think it's not fine. That was a terrible pole, Angela. We knew that from the start.
Speaker 5: We made Angela happy.
Speaker 6: You guys, I look, I thought it was fine, but the other ladies at the gym do not. But I'm on side with my friends, so I mean, it's interesting to hear it's Mitch, well your opinion, Mitch, but the girls too. But anyway, everyone's got their everyone's got their own opinions.
Speaker 4: You got to a reform a polarates class, and you wipe down that bench. You go to the gym, you're on a treadmill, you sweat, you wipe down the buttons. You go to an ice bath at the gym. You don't do it butt naked.
Speaker 1: No, but you go to an ice bath, and everything so small anyway, because it's so cold that nothing's touched in the water.
Speaker 5: It's probably inside it.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: So he's fine, there's nothing to see here anyway. But I just don't think it needs to tell the whole gym about it.
Speaker 5: Just do it in privacy. You don't need to tell him.
Speaker 6: Actually, I think I think he thought honestly was the best policy in that situation. But maybe not.
Speaker 5: No, you take it to the grave life, all right, Angela.
Speaker 3: I hope that helps he.
Speaker 4: I was picturing it being like he was tilcome at SeaWorld, like in a glass, like a glass like a jugongee gongea, and like you know, there's an under there's like steps you walk down and you can see it from underneath.
Speaker 3: That's all I thought everyone could see.
Speaker 5: I just loved it. Angela took control of that. She was like rained in you give through a box? Really right?
Speaker 1: Well, coming up next, parents in South Australia are outraged about something that is coming in as a guideline for their kids.
Speaker 5: And now I want to how you guys feel about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's next. I'm the pick up.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, like speaking the other end of the spectrum, I want to talk to you about something that is making some parents very angry in South Australia.
Speaker 5: I don't know how you guys are.
Speaker 1: Going to feel about this, being that are not parents yourselves, But do you remember growing up like the iconic fairy bread.
Speaker 5: It's an Australian staple, is the Pope Catholic? Yeah, that was a staple of my life.
Speaker 4: It has to be wonder white bread, and it has to be butter, and it has to just be.
Speaker 1: Thousands, yes, no, one hundred thousands, hundreds and thousands, not sprinkles, because there's a whole other debate that's happening as to the right way to make fairy bread. But no, okay, So what has happened is that the Healthcare Department, like Australian Education Healthcare Care Department, has come out and given a list and regulation guidelines around the types of food that parents should include in their kids lunchboxes, and specifically fairy bread has been called out as a bit of a no go zone that it shouldn't not only should it not be including in kids lunches, it also shouldn't be sold in canteens in South Australia.
Speaker 5: And I just think, let the kids bloody live.
Speaker 3: Like little you know what.
Speaker 5: I'm actually on the government siding this. Oh thanks, brit I yeah, when you shouldn't know.
Speaker 2: You really shouldn't be packing fairy bread for school lunches. They should be like a weekend treat or a party treat, because it is literally pure sugar. And I say that because I went through an addiction as a child where all I ate was fairy bread.
Speaker 5: Was a real problem.
Speaker 2: I refuse to eat, and Mum was like, I'm gonna starve her out. She's gonna get hungry. I'm not going to give it the fairy bread. I'm going to starve her out until she needs some real food. And I just didn't eat the days so Mum had to give me the fairy bread back, and then I got like four Fellings.
Speaker 5: This is this can't be real. It's not really out there that are addicted to fairy bread.
Speaker 3: I just think sugar it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But okay, I don't think that there's many parents, if any, that are out there that are purposely giving their like their children, fairy bread as their staple lunch. They have to be No, it's a little additional treat that you put in like the side of the lunch box. I think that, Okay, yes, I think it's important to give your kids a balance and nutritious meal. But I also think that there's almost this like crazy push in the other direction that you can't have any sweets, can't have any refined sugar. I mean, we had our kids' birthday party on the weekend. Lola, she's three years old now, and we had heaps of cake and sugar and fairy bread.
Speaker 5: And you know, I just think that sometimes there's she's not walking up.
Speaker 4: To learn the alphabet while she's sitting in madera cake because the kids.
Speaker 5: Only get that in the lunch box.
Speaker 6: Just no, I know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is that though there were parents at that party who were friends of ours, who are close to us, who like poo pooed all of the lawlies at the birthday party, and I'm like, surely it's okay, grow up. So surely it's okay to have this stuff for kids if it's needed and it's considered. I don't know, I really, I mean, there's more to this. There's guidelines are being brought out. Basically, they've put them into like colored group categories. So green is the list of best options. It's like fruits and you know, a nice sandwich stuff, yes, okay. And then it's got amba foods, which should be more carefully chosen. And then it's got like your red one, your Red two's, And these are things that you should never ever bring to school, things like chips or pies, or like biscuits. I mean, come on, when we were kids, we all had chips and biscuits and we turned out.
Speaker 5: Okay, Can I.
Speaker 4: Tell you what I grew up on at Willaware High School canteen? The hash brown roll.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you what that was, hash brown on a droll.
Speaker 4: Actually quite self explanatory, but it was butter, hash brown white roll, chicken salt, and you could also add cheese and bacon to it. And I have one of those every single day. And actually, now that I say it, I did have eating issues after school, so maybe there's a point to it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it. I get these guidelines. I think it's only for school. I think at parties and stuff, like parents that are complaining about sugar at parties grow up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you're you know what, You're lucky to be invited to Laura and Maddie Jay's house.
Speaker 3: They're famous people.
Speaker 4: How dare you go to Laura and Maddie Jay's home and poo poo their lollies.
Speaker 2: So I don't have kids, so it's hard for me to comments. Can you say poo pool lollies again?
Speaker 3: Poo poo lolies.
Speaker 5: Mitch, what's this game you've got? You've been going on game buses all day.
Speaker 4: I've launched a new game, you know here at the pickup, I up bringing a game we do pick up put down, which was one of my ideas I had on the toilet every Monday here at the show. So I'm trying to get a new a Thursday game off the ground. Let me just let you, Let me let you in on a little secret. Celebs only date celebs. They all date each other. So I'm watching a new game next where I'm going to put your knowledge of celebs and their lovers to the test. The nation is gonna love it, I promise. So we're launching it after this on the pickup and we're launching a brand new game. With Valentine's Day yesterday, there will be many and new couples born into the world. So many couples happen on v days, the Day of love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I had a friend just this Valentine's Day, who asked the girl who was seeing if she would be his Valentine and she said no.
Speaker 4: Well, to be honest, I just came up with a really fun name for a game, and I'm just trying to connect it to Valentine's Day, so.
Speaker 5: I just want to use it totally.
Speaker 3: It's really good.
Speaker 4: Ready, ladies and gentlemen, please turn the radios up because we're about to play the first time you were round.
Speaker 3: Off couple.
Speaker 4: Or knuble, yes couple or nuplehnuple?
Speaker 5: I like what you did the like coup or not?
Speaker 3: Did they date or did I make it up?
Speaker 4: So over the years you'd be shocked at what different celebrities have dated, what famous people have dated.
Speaker 3: It is shocking.
Speaker 4: Some are real and will surprise you, and some I've just made up, so it's your job to work to get it.
Speaker 5: You will also be surprised by all or.
Speaker 4: Yeah, correct, because they're fake. They're an apple. So you have to say couple of nupple. You're ready to go spreading deep salacious room is okay? What about this Taylor Swift and Nick Jonas couple?
Speaker 5: Coup?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say nupple, but Brutinos Taylor Swift more than me, So we're going to go for a couple.
Speaker 2: I think she's secretly dated and now we're young and I sat next to each other in Fashion Week Snapple.
Speaker 3: I made it up. They didn't date.
Speaker 5: I think I think they did.
Speaker 3: Know Taylor Swift, Taylor's with dated Nick's brother Joe.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm thinking. Good, good, I'm Baiden Swift. Yeah, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: That's an Apple. What about Madonna and Tupac A couple of apple couple?
Speaker 5: Couple?
Speaker 3: Yes, correct, it's a couple dated. Yes, that is a weird couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I wouldn't have picked it, but I remember because every so often you read a couple that's like a bit of a you know, it's a bit shocking, And now that you you clock it and.
Speaker 5: You put it in your memory.
Speaker 3: They dated secretly in the early nineties. All right, Moving on.
Speaker 4: Ryan Gosling and Sandra Bullock a couple of nupples.
Speaker 3: Gorgeous from bable couple.
Speaker 5: You're right, Yes, we're so good at this game.
Speaker 4: Yes, they dated from two thousand and two to two thousand and three. They start together in Murder by Numbers spelling one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's also not weird because they were both smoke shows.
Speaker 5: Yes, is beauty.
Speaker 1: I kin't of think Sandra Bullock is like out of his leg though I'm trying to put her above him.
Speaker 5: Is Ken true?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 5: I don't know. No, he just played Ken.
Speaker 4: Oh you're right, that's a fact. Yes, I thought that was an opinion. Bradley Cooper and Gigid did they're.
Speaker 5: Together right now? A couple?
Speaker 3: Yes? Sure, a couple. I'm on my phone. They're currently dating. They've been spotted holding hands and getting flights together in one.
Speaker 5: This would be more interesting if we were worse at this game.
Speaker 4: Okay. Kim Kardashian and John Legend a couple of nupple apple couple.
Speaker 3: They're an Apple. Yeah, they're a n Apple. They never dated. I just completely made that that would be weird. Yeah, okay, Larry Emder and Kerry Anne Kennerley nuffle.
Speaker 5: You just made that up right now.
Speaker 1: But I would be so here for that making daily mail head lines.
Speaker 4: Okay, finally, Dame Helen Mirren and Liam Neeson couple.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 5: It's enough what you're thinking of lying though. I can tell they.
Speaker 3: Were a couple. They dated.
Speaker 4: There was a massive age gap and they dated they did they live together.
Speaker 5: He's lying.
Speaker 3: I can see I'm a broadcast.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I have to to produce a grace. You can confirm that they dated.
Speaker 2: Yep, they dated it and lived together for several years after meeting on the set of their nineteen eighty one film Excalibur.
Speaker 4: Thank you mind blown correct, and they're still friends to this day.
Speaker 5: Okay, I've got one. The game is can I do one?
Speaker 3: Shocking?
Speaker 5: Can I do one?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Okay, why are you closing your eyes?
Speaker 5: I've forgotten, I've forgotten the name. Are you meditating that?
Speaker 3: I'm just give you one second? Can I do one? But she didn't have the name forgotten?
Speaker 5: To a game of how I've got one? Alanas Morrist Yeah, isn't it ironic? That song?
Speaker 3: We get it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we know that she is. And Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to say yes because it took you so long to remember their specific name.
Speaker 3: Couple.
Speaker 1: They were engaged wild and I've got one more Jennifer Lopez and everyone.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, a couple of All right, this game canceled. This game is a nupple. It's never coming back.
Speaker 5: All right. Well, I'm glad we did that annually.
Speaker 3: Once Yeah, and it's back in twenty twenty five. Don't you worry. Let's go home. William Woody a r up.
Speaker 4: Next with a row of Taylor Swift tickets for you to win so you can beat the Heirs tour. No other station can do this, just us, but William Woody have your shot at the row.
Speaker 2: Okay, Willem Woody nuble Oh they've kised, they've killed they would also was it will or Willy.
Speaker 5: Will who had the best bum of the nation each other?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Checks out all right? Coming up? Backing it up is bum
Speaker 3: Wouldn't say, backing it up