Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, producer, Real, good morning, Good morning, Alex, good morning, good morning, Patsy. Well hello, now we were all heard some big old sort of ten minute gap in the news and sport today and then neither to do with you two are producer Caning comes running into my studio and goes, the engineers are doing some live testing. Well, it hasn't worked.
Speaker 3: It's not testing if it's live.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: And also it's just like for the last six hours, so there no humans here. Why not do some of the testing in those six hours? Why wait until the breakfast show's here to start actually mucking around? Join the news and sport. There could have been a serious news or sports story there with a weird, strange gap. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: Can you come in twenty minutes early just to take this? Yes, and no it doesn't work live testing? That's Okaylin, did it work?
Speaker 1: No? So what happens now?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Six thirty has crossed. Now, Patsy, you got caught with the parking fine yesterday.
Speaker 7: I don't get me start.
Speaker 1: But passes. I think in this city there are parking signs that are impenetrable, undecipherable.
Speaker 3: Four or five different signs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's when there's like the crest of arms the Herald, where it's up four quadrants. You're like, with no training, with no formal training, how I want to know? What are the different clauses that I'm looking at here? It's like a legal contract in a different language, isn't it. But your one is one of those split down the middle with the no parking sign.
Speaker 7: All right, I see what you're saying, but let's put it into context. One o'clock in the afternoon, half asleep, been up since the middle of the night, and obviously.
Speaker 1: Walking up that hill again with that sack of wood and bare feet in the snow, but up since midnight.
Speaker 7: Mine was playing tricks yet again, and I seriously thought I was in the right I thought, no, I thought it was unusual that I got to park right out the front of the cafe. Was meeting the Love God for lunch yesterday at Williamstown.
Speaker 1: Oh lovely. Yeah, it was just one.
Speaker 7: Of those opportunity rings me. Hey, I've got a spare twenty minutes, half an hour, let's meet for meet for you know, a bit of lunch, and how's your father?
Speaker 3: And so, oh my god, restaurant.
Speaker 1: Suddenly they're in the kitchen, in that meat locker.
Speaker 7: And right out the front, right out the front as the park, which I thought was really unusual.
Speaker 1: Now I know why you always got to be suspicious.
Speaker 7: A damn loading zone. And I parked there very fully confident. And when I went in and met Chris, I said, you never believe I've got.
Speaker 3: A park right out in the front, right out the front.
Speaker 1: It never happens.
Speaker 7: And then came out and the damn ticket blowing in the.
Speaker 3: Break more than your lunch, more, far more.
Speaker 1: Than the lunch.
Speaker 3: I could have flown on a learjet to Paris and had lunch.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 7: I was so annoyed. I thought, oh, how stupid. I just did not interpret it.
Speaker 1: It's correctly, it's crystal clearly. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't want to be rude Patsy, but this is just two signs. The top says loading signs seven am to one pm, p ass Monday to Saturday. From there you just goboard's one pm Monday to Saturday.
Speaker 1: A child could read this. I didn't see that. Okay, well you can't looked at it. You must just dump that car there, thinking I work in showbiz. I'll park it where I want. And I threw the keys at somebody.
Speaker 3: Where's that valet?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, probably some poor guy want to unload some fruit and edge for the place and now has to go on and do laps or something. And that all those peaches and.
Speaker 7: That it was awful, and it was kind of on a funny bit of a road where there's like a bend and either side of it obviously is normal parks. I don't know what I was thinking. It just did not compute in my brain.
Speaker 1: Here's what I would say they need to do in this country to save the suburbs right from online shopping. It's really hard to park at your local places. Yeah it is. I don't know what the answer is, but it's making it really hard. This is why they run the risk of people going online, because we're just lazy and time staffed. It's a nightmare. You've got these narrow little streets. Trying to park is an absolute nightmare, isn't it, pat Yeah.
Speaker 10: It is.
Speaker 7: And small business, Yes, I feel really really sorry for them because everyone's going to the major shopping malls.
Speaker 1: This is a beautiful little strip, gorgeous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you know that's where you'll find those shops that aren't like the big multinationals, all the little bootiques and just struggling business owners who God knows.
Speaker 1: You've got it. We've got to hang on to that because the one of the lovely things about this country is all the suburbs in Melbourne right are different. Yes, I really really like that. They've got their own little mum and pop stores and businesses that have been in those communities for decades, right, and obviously during COVID that really got damage, not of them aren't there anymore. So the ones that are really really they're part of the community. They they know you, yes, yeah, you know, and they ask they've got this to know like because they see you a lot like most weeks. They know what you've been through in your life and what's happened, and we really need that. That's why the last domains of an actual community now is that because some of the old pubs are dying out now, no one goes to church and so that connection with someone, those local shops are really really important. I don't know what the answers, but they need some way where it's just easy for us to dump the cars without fearing of I can't read this parking sign. I just go click and collect.
Speaker 9: At least take the parking signs completely idiot proof.
Speaker 1: Now I'm having a go at Patsy having some midday befuddlement, because this is exactly what happened to me yesterday at one o'clock when I terrified an old lady. Oh no, so full discosuts happened next the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: So Patsy had her midday confusion. Essay, I had perfuddlement at midday, you're write, Patsy, it's with these hours and the amount of years doing them that that sort of one till two is the grazer. You can just wig out. My family, no, not to even call me unless they really need to. My wife will begin if she does come, and then have you had your nap? And I go, no, all right, call me back when you work it out and you've had a cup of tea. So there needs to be a buffer zone. You're bear to come out with hibernation anyway, Yes, I was running some errands, and I didn't realize at the time it all drifted and I was in the gray zone, and so I also turning to my car. I wasn't returning to my car. I was returned to a car exactly the same color as mine, not exactly the same make or model, but exactly the same color, the mid sized suv. I rip open the door, it's unlocked, and thinking I'm getting in my car. Where suddenly an old lady in the passenger seat, and I mean a really old, frail lady actually shrieks. I really scared, as I would do, because you know, there's all these car jackets at the and suddenly looks like there's some devilish, handsome, roguish one, a charmer, a charmer, roguish one, tikish one right is in the car some English cat. Excuse me, I'm so sorry. So two things happened. She actually was Oh my god, no, she was actually really I really did scare her. At the same time, I'm thinking we're part just down the road from an age care home, and I'm thinking, oh, this poor old deer. I'm now going to have to try and explain this isn't her car and take her back to the unit where there's probably some alarm going right now. Then I realized in a minute, this isn't the badge of my I'm the only confused dodgery fall.
Speaker 3: Here going to take you back to your.
Speaker 1: Where there's no alarm being wrong for my disappearances?
Speaker 3: How do you explain your way out of that one?
Speaker 1: To the lady? I actually went bright red, so I know, I'm so sorry. I thought this was my car and she just didn't understand. I think she was very old and she's very confused and actually really scared. She was doing that thing like leaning back. The worst thing I saw my last is of her clutching double handed her handbag. That's the first thing you'd go for, and it did look like a blinger one. I'm not half me. Did think I won if you go any some cash in there? Just going by myself something money's tight at the moment. I could just you could spit, spend me a honey or something in there. But yeah, I was just really was like I was so confused my car and I was like, my car is too up, and she was like trying to look and as I then got into my car, I was like looking back to her and she was on the phone to somebody, and I thought, hopefully that's just like someone who's like dumped her there, or it's on the places it might be pulled over if I accidentally kidnapped an elderly baby, and this was just like a dry run. I'm like, I'm very confused these hours. We can't read parking signs or what car we're even getting into I should be driving from that time.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Last week on the show, then we were trying to plot the ladder of escalation. In the news, Patsy had mentioned the word was it hubbubffle in Parliament? That's it? And a call early in the week had told us a story for claim to fain about Princess Diana in the department store Harrod's in the children's floor, causing a kerfuffle. So rio what did we settle on this end? There's the ladder of escalation with suggestions from our listeners.
Speaker 3: Going from lowest to highest.
Speaker 9: We start at the bottom with a who ha, then we go to a barnie, a hubbub, a brew haha, a kerfuffle, afrakka, a melee, and right at the top is a Donny Brook.
Speaker 1: Okay, we now need to do the same kind of ladder, the same kind of escalation, but now it's about confusion, the ladder of confusion with Patsy suffering perfuflnament yesterday and myself as well. One of you emailed just after the show were yesterday when I was talking that we're going to do this Christian a ladder. A word to place on the ladder of confusion discombobulated, rich I just looked it up to be confused, disorientated, throwing into a throwing into a state of uncertainty, often accompanied by a feeling of being off kilter. Off kilter is another grad yes, But discombobulated is a great old timey word. However, obviously, to be discombobulated, like to be disconnected, there has to be an opposite pairing word. But we don't ever say I'm feeling really great the moment, I'm actually combobulated.
Speaker 3: Very very put together.
Speaker 1: Happy combobulation. We should launch our own ones with happy combobulation.
Speaker 5: He grants that in notting Hill that wordence actually high level, very good.
Speaker 1: All right, So where do we think is at the bottom?
Speaker 7: I think in a tizzy is pretty low, just a bit of a nickers in a sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, nickers in a twist is quite high up, though that should be on the in fact, that's missing from the lad of escalation. Nickers and the twist. Someone clutching their pearl handbag and their pearls in all sorts, yes, in all sorts. In bits in a tizzy is a good one.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: Let's let's put that at the bottom. And wheel is in a tizzy with the microphones. That one costs about nine bucks actually, so it's the way things are going at the moment. You'll be a back down that shop. You got any old microphones that John Laws throw out when he.
Speaker 7: Retired, golden microphone.
Speaker 1: We couldn't even get a tin one golden that all right? So in a tizzy, I reckon.
Speaker 9: Befuddled is just above in a teasy. It's just a little bit befuddle.
Speaker 1: But it's mild.
Speaker 3: It's mild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so it's not you're not a you know, maybe we do the top and bottom right and then work in them to each other. So if we go in a tizzy, at the bottom is discombobulated. At the top, it's near the top the top of them and boozled.
Speaker 3: And boozed is pretty hard.
Speaker 1: What about flabbergasted?
Speaker 3: Flabagastad, I think is a very British thing.
Speaker 1: Like yesterday it's me in the car with that old lady was flabbaghasted And you can't be flabbagasted without an excamation mark yes, yes, come from I don't know. It's got to be a real old timy English word. I heard it in a cricket commentary in the eighties, first time I ever heard it. My dad used to listen to the cricket on like the radio. A terrible spot on the radio, but it's huge in England. Test Matt Special, Henry Blowfeld, it's an institution. Yeah, amazing voice, right, but because there'd be lots of non activity, it's cricket on the radio. The commentation is like Blowers as he was called, would talk about the ps and he would have these conversations on air to the UK with these pictures, the mister pictures the pictures probably saying there's the queen coming to watch the game. Yeah, she said she'd be run at four o'clock. Anyway. I remember once they were playing India, I think, and some sort of skulldug red happened out. Then lowis To said, well, I'm simply flabbergast, and it felt the right. I remember saying to my dad what does that mean? He went confused. He nailed it, Yes, all right, So what's at the top currently?
Speaker 9: I think Ben Boozeled is the is the clubhouse leader? What do you guys think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty good. Yeah, all right, they're settle on that for now. Calling then what are we missing? I'll give me a call. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two. This is the ladder of confusion, when we are thrown into a state of uncertainty and off kilter.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: My Mum's seventy fifth birthday yesterday, Dan Chare was strange being all the way here and it's like a big birthday for her. We were doing our video call yesterday evening and I'm saying, my god, you're seventy five, and that's I'm chatting to. I'm doing the maths, and I was, oh, my god, she had me when she was twenty two. She never even thought about that. Twenty two. That's young, isn't it. Yeah. I suddenly we were like chatting. And she was like, you know, just theyre always talking about old friends, are their? So you don't know your mum and dad do that the like people? You go, I don't know who this is. They don't take that cue. You then realize I'm in for ten or fifteen minutes of dry, hard talk here about Marie and Pete and what's going on. I'm like, I've never met them. Actually that doesn't matter, you know, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: You're getting the.
Speaker 1: And I was like, good lord. And then suddenly I just went, oh my god, what is everything? I went, just Withers, you were twenty two when you had me. And then she actually she got defensive. You know, they get cranky real quick. She went, ess, you really should be praying around and stuff like that. One a documentary maker, inform your son, cranky old newly seventy five year old you right around in the I'm hanging up right now. If I knew how to hang this video done? Call up here? What's the mouse? Every single video? Call right? We do it every Tuesday night. We catch up right. It's been going for years. She still doesn't use that flipping and she go, I can't hear you hear you. Can you turn up your end every time? I can only turn my volume up to hear me. How why would someone remote, indeed the other side of the world pop mucking around with you with your volume? And then it's like, mom again, the screen is a beautiful head you've got. How about we see the whole face get lower down? Seven years I have been living here, there's hundreds of these moments. There's no learning anymore. Have you been taking your cod liveryal capsules?
Speaker 3: It's their kryptonite.
Speaker 1: Oh my word. Then she goes, I'm struggling to hear you. Can you tell me I when not? We can't keep doing this. She went, have you plugged your speakers? I don't have you trouble had separate little speakers and computers. They'll just built in and there's a hot way to start the call because I'm already I'm already know and that will be us. That's the other thing. Well that's worried about that in ten or fifteen years, twenty years, it's a holiday. Yeah, and they'll be trying to turn it off as I materializing in their homes. I'm trying to come through accept for my material matter. Dad you're you're you're rematerializing in the front room. I'm stuck in the matrix, all right. So we're trying to make the ladder of confusion. What are we go going at the moment from the most mild state of confusion.
Speaker 9: Rio in a tizzy as in she got herself in a tizzy over what shoes to wear to brunch. Befuddled as in the wine less tasting left me more befuddled than educated.
Speaker 1: I'm liking the real time examples, as in with these peas, keep it going.
Speaker 9: Now if these we're thin because they take a long time, please just mention it at six and seven. Since the office move, everyone's been at sixes and sevens trying to find a new printer.
Speaker 1: You're right, I haven't heard that phrase ages six and sevens.
Speaker 3: Nickers in a not don't get nickers in a twist.
Speaker 1: There's always nickers are on a test, aren't they in it?
Speaker 7: It's not in Australia, but we'll go with twists.
Speaker 1: Twisted in it's the English language, so if you're using it, get it right.
Speaker 3: Don't get your knickers in a twist. It's just a board game.
Speaker 1: Flum mixed.
Speaker 9: I was flummixed by the IKEA instructions, flabbergasted. She was flabbergasted when her quiet cat suddenly started playing the piano.
Speaker 1: You let me.
Speaker 9: Discombobulated after three connecting flights and no sleep. I felt totally discombobulated walking through.
Speaker 1: These were likely three drinks on the plane while you were discombobulated.
Speaker 9: And finally, right at the tippy top, bamboozled. I was completely bamboozled when the magician pulled a rabbit out of my hat.
Speaker 1: Christian. I made up a new word a few weeks years ago, which is a mixture of gobsmacked, which we've completely missed, gobsmacked and boggled. I've come out with bog smaggled, Pam in shurnside part. That is not a great work, like a cart reger you'd see up in Queensland, bog smaggled or some new bopp It rival board game. Christian I and what about stumped? I found myself stumped mid table that one from that lee. I think this should be high up perplexed, perplexed one. Yeah, that's very good word and Rachel gobsmacked second on the list, second from the top. Christian, uh toble this has to be w TF, Christopher a little bit aggressive, my friend, we please if you contact the show mind you ps and q's it's not Carl and Jackie O. And then Matthew's got a great one. Frazzled. Oh this is frazzled yesterday, That's what it is. It's like your circuits are fry. Yeah, frazzled. It's got to be near the top. I think, good morning, Christian and team. What about brain fart?
Speaker 3: I've had a bit of a brain fit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 11: A one off moment like Patsy pratusicating, where do you think that is?
Speaker 12: That's a really good one, but it's low on the list.
Speaker 1: Bit of a brain fat. Yeah, it's a mild sort of mental disturbance. Yeah, very mild.
Speaker 7: Second from the bottom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's mainly Pats's wake in state during the show. That's her neutral.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: In the study texts coming in words we've missed or overseen for our ladder of confusion going from and it is right up to at the moment, we think top of the ladder is in a state of bamboozlement. Christian, what about being at sea? Please help me here, doctor be amused. Yeah, I think that's quite confusion. No, that's what it's understanding. But I guess that is confusion.
Speaker 3: It's amused, is more like sort of I don't even know. It's not confused, no.
Speaker 1: But muddled.
Speaker 3: Oh now that's a huge shame on us.
Speaker 1: To missing that out. I think we got a little bit muddled up there. And what about adults?
Speaker 3: Adult?
Speaker 1: Definitely adult is also two drinks in slightly adult states. Things are starting to lose their moorings.
Speaker 3: It's only sort of alcohol based.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, an adult state, all right, So pimp up my crab. Pimp up my crab. He's going to small Pit one. He's got a small terrarium and Harvey Norman we're going to give him a fifteen thousand dollar maker. And you know, so if your pet crabs and need a new home, you've come to the right show. I'm talking of course as well. Sorry, I got a little bit of adult there. Pimp up my crib. Thanks to Harvey Norman, Game On and Harvey Norman Shop, TVs, Fridges, barbecues and more. You can go in store or online. This is an amazing prizes fifteen thousand dollars makeover and it's going to be installed and delivered in time for the finals.
Speaker 8: Five three Christian Big TV. Sir, sound of Bobby. If your house is dagy, you win all this news stuff, Bridge, coucher, Dacker remake, Invite all your neighbors.
Speaker 3: And wrap for your up grade. Up great up Gray.
Speaker 1: You heard rights rapping and this is the home of rap music Australia.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We are getting our phisizzle on every morning at six till nine am. You know it. We wrap it. In fact, that's a brand new feature, isn't it. You know what? We wrap it rapi Ok. Every Wednesday had eight right on the school run. The prices are staggering. It is just under fifteen thousand dollars makeover to really upgrade. How you enjoy your finals? You're talking massive, brand new sixty five inch high SNS pork ooh lead TV, not o d This is ooh lad as in your your neighbors and friends would come and there and go ooh lead and you go not like you're ooh no. No. He got a brand new fridge, barbecue, couch and a thousand dollars in food and drink and loads more. Basically wrap tell us why it has to be you. You got until it's a week's time, and it's got for midnight. Don't ask me, don't ask me. It's always midnight, I said him before. Makes no sense to say everyone always says end of day. We're not in a western. You got until midnight to get out of this town. You got midnight as if we're up at that time at midnight, like busy not chipmunks. All right, let's not get working on these ones. You're going until midnight next Wednesday to get involved. The standard actually is good. The long port No, no, no, because I remember which one I was going to here. It's Rodney. This guy is a Pies fan and he records this in his toilet and it's just that he sat on his toilet doing it into the his phone and he's shirtless like all wrappers. Yeah he had, that's right. And the jackedubar there there they look good rips And that's Rodney.
Speaker 2: Colleague forever they're in the Grand finals.
Speaker 1: Christian's got a comfortable.
Speaker 13: On the lamps because you get a TV, he get a fridge, You get a barbecue from Christian O'Connor, that loud god, he get all this because you listen to Christian and Gold one O four point three Gold bring it on.
Speaker 1: Now. We paid this out yesterday and Harvey or just hide him. Yeah he's just got a job of Harvey knowing. Yeah, yeah, yeah. They want him shirtless up the front. He listened to not on the toilet, He's setting the toilets, sit on the toilets and sell them.
Speaker 3: It's like like like Costco have the greeters out of.
Speaker 1: The He's a greater meter. And then there was Steve.
Speaker 10: Hey, I ain't no rapper, but I'll have a crack at this song. May even sound better than a pied Carawan. You know it's September. When out comes of Mike Brady, it ain't no Grand Final without up there Kaze. When Jack joined the Killers from mister Bright's side, was it the best performance? I can't really decide. Meatloaf had a crack, but he fell really flat. He said he'd do anything, but he couldn't do that. Kissed at the stage with Gene Simmons's tongue. They smashed a guitar, but that band A young Katie Perry sang Raw while driving around her big silver goonbag did lapse of the ground, Robbie Williams sung Angels in a bright pink suit. Was it he in fashion or just a piece of fruit? So this year we got Snoop dogg at the g what's got in store? We just have to wait and see. Hey, this prize from Harvey Norman is quite spectacular. But all I really want is a brand News bachelor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on the prize list. Honestly we want I don't want that big old who TV just wants that Thirty Times spatcher Steves Hawks fan good Luck Friday Night. And then Brett is another Pies fan and he made this with us eighteen year old daughter Olivia. This is brilliant. What up, Christian? We've been listening sitting on a milk crate in our kitchen, the unforgiving plastic gummy saying, he ouch?
Speaker 14: Should I really think we're gonna use a brand new couch as a little.
Speaker 2: Brand of boom? Tell me?
Speaker 1: Why do you see you? Well?
Speaker 3: I tell you what. I don't a big Spring TV? What brand's coming over for Brondevoo? I could cook him up a meal with that new barbecue.
Speaker 14: Now, I know I'm not a repe or even a baker, but I'm gonna shine with my new slushy maker.
Speaker 3: We got one yea, we got one old.
Speaker 2: But were ruined to one A four.
Speaker 3: Patrie God, we have seen conno tell no fame home.
Speaker 1: By Christy Gonna pipy good. That is outstanding. That it is pies Fan Brett and his daughter, eighteen year old daughter Olivia. That is a tight at double at there, very very good. We've got brand new entries on our plane during the next hour. Please please, please, Way too many of you are simply saying I'd love those prizes and nothing else. I don't know if you're familiar with competitions you've ever heard on the radio. Those people win nothing, just like young Charles almost walked away with nothing with the Golden ticket. You get nothing, Charlie, nothing just for a mild email. Oh yeah, don't mind some as if they're going, I'll have you out. I guess a good fine room for them all. No, you would need you would need to need to wrap. That's what it's called. Pimp up my crab. Pimp up my crab again. Crabs on my mind and need to go back to that daunt to the cream didn't work.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 1: The other thing is someone said entrying yesterday. The dog was just jumping all over them throughout the whole thing, and they still looked at that and thought.
Speaker 3: Send worry about a second take.
Speaker 1: They probably just met the winner.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian Japassy just say that Collingwood are paying tribute to Robert Redford. I didn't realize he was such a big influence for the team. He was a yes, yes, I know. You would have thought you'd be more in a ds man, you know, but no big shot today. Isn't that the great Robert Redford has died? He said, actually he wants a closet Pies fast to have.
Speaker 7: Him in the shares before the really say Collingwood.
Speaker 1: It did, you said, Hollywood, but it did also sound a lot like this. We get the audio like Collingwood which leaning into that. Just run with it, Perats. It's a night running into the finals, the big Twilight game Saturday night for Pies. The fact that they might maybe some confusion. Now we can start rooming here next thing. You know, before the game, there's going to be a minute silence for a pies man. Robert, you have just seen the great Hollywood megastar up there on the screen, and then and then at the end of all that.
Speaker 5: A photo of him and the banner as they run, yeah, run through it yet be great.
Speaker 1: The Sting anyway a feels like the last of one of the real icons of an old time version of Hollywood, a real a real megastar, high watched charisma, so many great movies like Patsy was Staying obviously, Butch Cassidy and The Sun Dance Kid, which has got so many iconic scenes in as well, and also The Sting. And then my favorite one is a great one that he came out with in the eighties called The Natural. I would if any of you want to really see what was great about Robert Redford in a very unshowy kind of dis intense presence he had in a movie, it was The Natural. It's about aging cent in the nineteen thirties and aging baseball legend Roy Hobbs base I watched it a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen it since I watched it with my dad when I was about fourteen or fifteen. I was, Oh, my god, The Natural and one off. It's still really great, still a beautiful, beautiful movie. It's so good all the President's men. Yeah, incredible, unbelievable. I didn't realize the last scene in Butch Cassidy and the Sun Dance Kid, which is of course got Robert redwooded and another sort of icon of cinema as well, Paul Newman, incredibly charismatic, twinkly eyed charmer as well. The last scene when they talk about where could they flee and hide in the world? Is this country Australia great idea where we should go next?
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 14: Australia, that's your great idea. Australia is no better than your I mean one thing, good climate, nice beaches, you can learn to swim, swimming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never knew Last Sea his spiritual home. Yes, yes, so I was saying to the team before the show today, like, you know, what movies have you seen? And this is when I realized the age we're at Alex and Pats and the age these young thrusters are at. The I hadn't seen any of his movies. No way participate then what was the one? And bear in mind that Robert Redford set up the Sun Dance Film Festival, which is really all about independent storytelling, and is it is the festival everyone talks about I got a standing What is it like in only industry that give themselves eight hours standing evations? And they used to stand there and we don't get it when someone's like done some really great plumbing around your house, which is equally, if not more impactful, they don't just stand there. Were you There's one that I saw the day for the New Rock movie.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yeah, it was yeah, yeah, seventeen minutes or something.
Speaker 1: Eighteen minutes and thirty three seconds when they're really timing it. Do you know how long that is? Just be standing there?
Speaker 9: Go and keep going?
Speaker 3: And how do you know it to end?
Speaker 1: Who sort of goes to sit down or anything like that? You know, I'm worried. Tomorrow we're going to see like the big premiere of MJ the Musical. I'm going to start a standing ovation at the beginning and see if I can get it and beats what they do at the sun Dance Film Festival.
Speaker 9: He used to sit down after everyone else has to kayline.
Speaker 1: What Robert Redford movie?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Is it the Sting? Is it the Natural? All Presidents men? It was Captain America, The Winter Soldier. Yes, he was really good villain.
Speaker 3: One of his finest roles.
Speaker 1: Right, your homework now is to see but Cassid and the Sundance Kid. It's a it's a great movie.
Speaker 3: I happily will I will.
Speaker 1: I will from everything that I've seen today and reading all up about. But I also think that some of the movies that he was in, right, but Castiding and Sundance Kid can never be remade. Right, And I'll see what other movies should never ever be remade? I would say, Back to the Future.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think that one might get remade, though I feel like.
Speaker 1: Christopher Lloyd. You're right, there's only one Christopher Lloyd.
Speaker 3: But it's right for the picking.
Speaker 1: In their no, don't say Mark Wallburg's no. No. Yeah, And what about I was just thinking, like Forst. Gump is Tom Hanks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never actually finished Forrest.
Speaker 1: Really, my friend? What do you mean? It's a joyous I mean it's sad at times, it's beautiful. Lieutenant tell me you got further than Lieutenant Dan. But I haven't made it more than twenty minutes. That's the start of it. It's just like, who does that I should have? Which I know in this job interview stage. You would not be in the studio with me.
Speaker 9: This is shocking, and you know it's going to be a long movie. So I'm like, I don't know, think I can do three hours of this.
Speaker 7: It's beautiful with your generation where you sit for three hours and watch cinematical.
Speaker 1: For three hours, TikTok looking at camp videos.
Speaker 7: That's your homework, Creer.
Speaker 1: You've got to see a joyous movie. It won so many Oscars. Him and Ron Howard. What's not about that? I know, I know, did you even you wouldn't have got a spile as Lieutenant Dan.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that is now.
Speaker 1: You haven't met Morris come.
Speaker 15: It's kind of stupid, and that's how it starts. We judge him and then you realize he's the best of us. Okay, I'll give it another simple man with the pure heart. Yes, you know, if anything's about Alex Colored.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Christian O'Connell Show Gone podcast, Christian.
Speaker 1: If they remade back to the future today, that would mean that Marty would go back thirty years to nineteen A nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: Oh that's quick, Scott.
Speaker 1: That actually is a little bit depressing. I'd be really honest, it's a bit of a buzzkill Eddie who's actually put a sorry and you'll feel very old, same as you use Christian at fifty two. I was feeling really good about myself in the show until you mentioned that that going back in time traveling thirty years is only to nineteen ninety five. All right, let's two of them before we get into news. Talk about movies and the sad passing of a Hollywood great. Robert Redford lost in translation game. This is where when they translate various English movies into foreign languages for the local markets, sometimes the original meaning in the title is a little bit befuddled. So last week we found out that Greece for Mexico was Vassoline. Wild Speed is a Japanese version of Fast and Furious. What is that fish is gone? What's the movie in Germany?
Speaker 7: It's not a fish called wonder?
Speaker 1: No it's not. It's pretty and it does not sound like a children's movie in that language. That meeting. It's raining flaff.
Speaker 7: Oh it's not big great qudding.
Speaker 1: No it's not. And they say Australias aren't too good with world knowledge. It's Israel cloudly with a chance of Meatballs of Nights of the Night, Oh, Night of the Night Nights. No, this is Finland.
Speaker 3: Is it Night with a k?
Speaker 1: Yes? And then second Night is of the Nights.
Speaker 7: Not Prince of Thaves.
Speaker 1: No, I think bigger, bigger, bigger trilogy of movies.
Speaker 3: Oh the Dark Knighty.
Speaker 1: Nights of the Knights. Two Men in a Destiny, two men and baby. No, this is Espaniola.
Speaker 3: Two men in a Destiny, Harold and kum I go to White Castle.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, but it's Cassidy and the Sundans kid threw that one in topical interplanetary Unusual attacking.
Speaker 11: Team Ghostbusters, No, you're in, You're in the rights of post code, Team Alien, No Independence Day, No interplanetary unusual attacking teams, Star Wars.
Speaker 1: No, Guardians of the Galaxy. And Japanese this is this is great. This is the French translation of a big movie blockbuster, The Teeth from the Sea. Yeah, the Tooth from the Sea. That's what they saw in France and made the blockbuster. And then this it's last one. What movie is this translator for the Chinese market? One Night, Big Belly.
Speaker 3: My Big Factory Wedding.
Speaker 1: No, no, is it trouble?
Speaker 7: What's the name.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a great translation. One Night Big Belly.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christ and I also love Robert Redford. Have you seen the Horse Whisperer? Yes, I have you here. I got married. I was so that early day when we just got married. And yeah, it's long three hours. Those kind of movies used to be called Wee Peace. Also just to make you cry. It's an incredible story of the book about a guy called Monty Roberts, who is an incredible guy who was a legendary horse trainer and a kind of zen master who didn't use formal, quite strict methods to break and train a horse. He would telepathically communicate with them, and people who'd had tough times or a breakdown would go and stay with them and learn how to communicate with horses because you can't spook them or show them any fear. And so it would it would a contract, it would it would teach them how to calm themselves. At the heart of it's an incredible movie. But we rode a horse with him who with Monty Roberts. Yeah, and my wife will be so jealous. Yeah, amazing, And he helped this Iraqi war veteran. Yeah, yeah, and he he was an absolute mess. He had a terrible time in the army and in Iraq.
Speaker 5: And she formed this this bod with his horse and WITHSDA and she's she's recovering addicts.
Speaker 1: And he did such great work. Amazing guy Robert redro brought the rights to it. He starred in it and directed it. And I think young Scarlet your Hansen is a traumatized girl who had an accident, whose mum and dad take her there. I think she must have been like ten eleven or twelve. She plays the daughter in its Scarlet in your Hanson's in it. Yeah, incredible. Yeah, it's a brilliant movie. All right. So yesterday we were talking about op shops. Okay, a lot of love on the show for the Great Aussie oop Shop, and we were trying to sort of fail the classic op shop. What is always in there? And Rio, actually, you've got some brand new hot vinyl there, Yes, and this is not straight off the Hot one hundred. It's the Luke one one hundred from op shops. I'm saying. Pats mentioned him yesterday. The legendary gym is there.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I went to the op shop on Bridge Road.
Speaker 1: So you didn't find it wet it? Perhaps you mentioned it yesterday.
Speaker 7: You're kidding, No two, never been an op shop, been to where there is not a copy.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the law. It's in the Australia law.
Speaker 3: The best of Jim Neighbors. He does a beautiful couple.
Speaker 1: What a voice, amazing grace.
Speaker 3: It sounds like someone doing a funny voice.
Speaker 1: It is a great voice, not like interesting. I love it. Face. Isn't it a good looking You judge Horace Gump? And now you judge Jim?
Speaker 9: Sorry, sorry, I tell you man, I'm not judging the great Kamal also one word, just.
Speaker 1: A one word legend, you know, like Prince come on, Oh what a voice. We're talking about John Laws yesterday Golden Thoms is what great voice he had, come on a head of us, set of pipes on him.
Speaker 3: So we've got Kamal live at Carnegie Hall.
Speaker 1: You know they did a song together, Jim and is spready to say collap? What about do you find any polka music? This is what Rio found with this the.
Speaker 3: Word of music, sixteen great poker polka's.
Speaker 7: I love this?
Speaker 1: Isn't this great? I'm going to do my housework, my chores to this LGT night. I'll get him a bit of a march on. What else have you got that?
Speaker 9: We did find the John Laws Spoken word Poetry album?
Speaker 1: All right, do you know what I want that? No, seriously, I would genuinely love that. I'm a big fan student. I worship at the feet of John Laws. I'll buy the off you hell of a funk for cover. Yeah.
Speaker 9: He's sitting against a topic, a dirt mover three huge tracks with a notepad out.
Speaker 1: Like he's just done a shift over in Perth in the quarries there at the end of our hard day work in the land with his bare hands, and he's like, I'm going to sit down now, a lot of blue collar here I am, and I'm going to pemmicell some poetry. What rhymes would dirt? But all right, truck, He's loved him. Oh my god, I love it. Yeah, I've got a vinyl player. That is what I'm cranking this weekend. It's all your friends coming around. I'll educate them to the legend that is John Laws. Now, all this hullabaloo, all this funny exciting about the op shop, one of you came up with an idea yesterday about organizing some kind of scavenger hunt. So that is what I'm looking for. I'm going to give three of you fifty dollars each. You go, Tony. It's a lot of money, you know, and with the currency's probably about a hundred thousand bucks, if not actually more. What actually won one dollar? What's the exchange rate of top shop dollars? It's I don't know what the down jones is of them, but one dollar can get you a lot, or two dollars gets you a slab of classic vinyl from Jim or Kamal, all the mighty John Laws. Okay, so we're going to do I'm looking for you right now. Lines are open, right now. We will give three of you fifty dollars. Okay, You've got two days to go to whatever op shops you want to go to. You bring in your bounty, your loot to the show Friday. We judge what you got for your fifty dollars.
Speaker 7: Three I'm at a shot.
Speaker 4: A fine gold, got fifty ft to spend with you, maybe a Bueck and Hadaur, a doormatt or a Camarcord or two.
Speaker 1: How you judge him? And Forrest guy right, and then you make that shame on us. Jim would have done a bit of job further away from God every day on this show. All right, lines are open now thirteen fifty five twenty two. I'm gonna pick three of you. You're gonna get fifty bucks. You got two days go and find gold in the op shops. Whoever does it the best wins on Friday Show. You've got to come in Friday Show with what you got for fifty dollars? How many come out? LPs can Commumbai the company Pats mentioned Jim yesterday. He's got not one there, but two of them there. I just run in the corner.
Speaker 3: There's got to be more out there.
Speaker 1: Sure, all right, we're doing only up lines now, Op Shop scavenger Hunt. I give you fifty dollars. You go and see what you can get for your fifty bucks. You got impressed to judges on Friday Show, thirteen fifty five twenty two. I'm going to pick three of you next.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today has been a chasm has opened up between me and the younger team. It started before the show and it went Robert Redfoot's stared and I could see polite confusion like this is me A big moment for elderly people like Christian Alets and Pats I was you must have seen his movies. The natural sting was casting a sundance kid all over their heir. Alex Yeah and then higgo. He's feeling it today, brilliant presents on us after us every day at nine, Christian, I'm listening to Seana Wayiam. It's hard going today with Rio. He's of mine, producer Rio. He's an educated man. It's vinyl. It's a singular word when referring to albums. He's an educated boy. Saying vinyls is making my eye twitch.
Speaker 3: So how would I say plural vinyl?
Speaker 1: I brought some vinyl yesterday vinyl.
Speaker 3: I just bought some fo Yeah. Hey, the more you know, the more every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, So op Shop Scavenger Hunt, No, I'm not playing the song again. I'm going to pick three of you. Are going to give you fifty dollars each. You've got today and tomorrow. Go to your local op shops. Find us gold bring it in on a Friday show. Op Shop Scavenger Hunt. Whoever does the best will give you a prize. We need you know what would be appropriate. We need to find a prize that is an op shop prize from today. Team. Your job is to go and find a price from an op shop that they win. Brilliant, Judith, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 16: Good morning, How are you all.
Speaker 1: I'm good you this. So you've got form with finding gold in an op shop?
Speaker 13: I have.
Speaker 16: I've when the kids were young, we were didn't afford a piano, a brand new piano. So when on a on a on a on a scavenger hunt and I found a piano, a proper old fashioned piano, upright piano or keyboard, a proper up right Pianoough, I've.
Speaker 1: Never seen one of those in them. I mean you see the wooden tennis rackets, the roller boots, the wedding dresses.
Speaker 16: I couldn't believe my I think I think I actually got what I was thinking about whilst I was wanting to get on. I actually think I've got it for a discount plans because it's been there for a while.
Speaker 1: Really, because you've got a lot of old people going.
Speaker 16: Yeah, except, how did you were young?
Speaker 1: Did you get it in the car? How did you get a bloody great piano out of there we got actually.
Speaker 16: I think I paid for someone to transport it. That's probably the most expensive part.
Speaker 10: In the.
Speaker 16: The piano. But the kids with this for piano, we couldn't afford to buy a brand new one.
Speaker 1: I could not believe, my aunt. Would you you go, my eyes a piano and listen. We'll give you fifty dollars. Good luck with what you can find. We see you Friday, looking forward, have a lovely week, and you thank you. Lawrence all the way produce goes Lawrence. And he's a man. I wouldn't assumed it was a man's name, Lawrence, Lawrence the man.
Speaker 3: He there, Yes, I am here, we go there.
Speaker 1: He is one hundred percent manly man, Lawrence, no doubt there. Now, Lawrence, I understand. Has your wife called you and said, listen, call Christian. He's got a game for you.
Speaker 17: Oh, she certainly has. She's on her way to work. We normally listen to you together because we drive down the Gippslam, but I'm on holidays at the moment and she just called me and she says, great green Christian, he's got a game for its.
Speaker 1: Lawrence. What it is? Ah?
Speaker 17: Yes, yes, it's a challenge to go to an opshop, look for a bag and hunt for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get some gold. I'm going to give you fifty dollars. So but you're you're on holiday, so do you mind getting involved on this?
Speaker 17: Oh no, no, whatever my wife tells me to do.
Speaker 1: He's coming off the bench like super sob I love this happy and have you found good stuff before k oop shops?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 17: Look, we have been before. Yeah, we needed some cutlery once and got all these bone handles for our cutlery draw. I'm so pretty happy with that.
Speaker 1: Back in the door. Yeah it would be, wouldn't you? All right? I could see why she's she didn't give us a call. You've been before?
Speaker 19: All right?
Speaker 17: We watched our bargain hunt and anti.
Speaker 1: We got a ringer here. Oh you've been doing your research, Lawrence will see you Friday. Good luck. I'll give you fifty dollars.
Speaker 17: All right, good on you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Have they gone here on Gippsland. He's probably got a nine hour trying today. They go on find we need to give more than fifty dollars to spend on fuel. Karen, Hi, here you going, I'm good Karen? So you want in on our op shop SCAVENGERI this deal is.
Speaker 20: Nade from the cereal opshopper. I draw all the time. I've got my son Grant genuine Occubrush for forty five dollars.
Speaker 12: Amazing.
Speaker 1: I was a young, a young archaeologist.
Speaker 20: Why was he in the market for a new sensation? Grant?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, gotcha. So you found in a kubra there one which is that they are expensive hats. The only things you can see them is that strange hat shop down there Flint. Yeah, it's been there years.
Speaker 20: Amazing place. Yeah yeah, And I love buying like made in English stuff, So I've bought a lot of cutlery, like the Last Man dinner sets, all sorts of fun.
Speaker 1: I get the feeling we could just be there's going to be the clanking of silver work. Can we cutlery? I don't want some dead people's spoons, dead palm spoons.
Speaker 20: I even get relatives asking me, can you find me lose? Can you find me there?
Speaker 1: Oh? I reckon. You're the hot favorite at the moment, then Karen, you could be You're the one to watch for this. All right, We'll give you fifty dollars and we see what you bring in Friday, lovely, thank you all right.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: A sad email is just coming during this song from a listener called Andy Conway. Christian actually popped into my local hop shop yesterday after listening to the show. I saw something and immediately thought, there's a room in your day, so I'm sending it to you now. And he has. It's a massive it must be about four foot by four foot framed print photos and cartoons of these legends over the years. I can see Ron Barrassy, I can see Jim Stimes, I can I can see Gary Lyons. And someone's given up and dumb this. Maybe it's Christian Petraga. He's like, don't need this anymore? Got it? When I started with it's a sign. I mean all these clubs are trying to get him. They also want the primer start. There's cooking shows, yes, you get him, and all those recipes deal not the recipes for success, but dishes. What was the hot dog one last week? So hot dog with cheeseburg That's it? Oh, my friends, it is time now for what are the odds?
Speaker 2: Believe it or not?
Speaker 4: What are the ods?
Speaker 1: You gotta be justhing me.
Speaker 3: Like, were you with Cheryl who married a Hunt?
Speaker 1: Who was with the Cheryl.
Speaker 3: Who married a Hunt.
Speaker 1: Has every Wednesday on the Christian I cannot show your stories of coincidence and chance.
Speaker 12: When I was born, it was either a debate that I was called Jennifer or Stephanie. My middle name's Catherine, start with a c Ie, and we got neighbors a few years ago with three girls in The names were Jennifer, Catherine and Stephanie. And Catherine felt the same way.
Speaker 18: My first husband happened to be born on the first of the first seventy one at Essendon Hospital. I divorced him and mest a new fella. Ten years later he was born on the first of the first seventy one. Editted in hospital as well.
Speaker 1: When I hear that back, it sounds like she divorced him when he was ten. She met him in the hospital when he was born, they got married, and then ten years later she just outgrew him. Just so boring out of your ten Why much that zero year old that I fell in love all right, believe it or not, Christia. My husband, Linden Key name is selling his dirt bike on bike Seals. He looks on the website to see what similar bikes were selling for. There was one exact match for selling in Western Australia. The name of that seller Linda. Oh my god, it's a huge dirt bike one. I believe it. This is an incredible one Christian. My husband and I became a big foodfights as fans like many people in two thousands. After seeing the In Your Honor concert in December two thousand and five, we were thrilled to catch the intimate Skin and Bone show at the Sydney Opera House October two thousand and six. Tickets were only a vailable so as was the way back then, you know, twenty odd years ago, from the Opera House box office. My husband drove two and a half hours to Sydney after finish and work at nine pm with a sleeping bag and snacks. Do you know what tome on the show? Let's go back to that time when you would queue and coue and queuing it was the only way you would get tickets. Now we're queuing online. But people had to campound like this guy from nine o'clock driving to the Opera House sleeping bag and snacks. He camped out on the opera house steps and met a couple from Newcastle and the queue. We all ended up in rows seven, amazing seats. We got on really well, but never kept in touch. So this is two thousand and six. Fast forward May two thousand and eight. We had nosebade seats to the Wasting Light tour Ace arena. When a second night was added, we snagged prime seats closer to the stage. We still went both nights. On the second night, just as the concert started, two late comers arrived. It was the same couple from the opera. We've never seen them since. I love that, Nick, I love that one. All right, lines are up, and now what are the odds? Thirty fifty five twenty two? Brody, you got one to kick us off?
Speaker 19: Yeah, morning, guys, what are the odds?
Speaker 1: What are the odds? Brody?
Speaker 19: I'll tell them. My mate's mum get a storage unit and she was generally assigned a number which was eleven eight, which happens to be the same birthday, eleventh or August.
Speaker 1: I believe it. I believe. I believable. It's an immediate belief and it stuck with you as well. Yes, yeah, remember one, isn't it broads. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Brody, thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 19: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, well you've got to build.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get you're right, and you build brick by break exactly stop. But unfortunately we went with that big one with Linden and that dirt bike from another Linden all the way over in w WA with the same dirt bike. We then go to food Fighters and then we were building Willie. Heih. It feelt like we had the third floor on, you know, maybe even a mezzanine or something up there. Suddenly we're back in the basement.
Speaker 3: Now we can build again.
Speaker 1: You're right, all right, you know that storage locker. Any who'sy I'm just going to go and have a quick chat with the producers. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two A.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show Gone podcast question.
Speaker 1: What are the odds? Last week? I'm sitting in the car before work. You were trying now find out what was the bird that was making the strange noise outside of the house at five am. Ah Yes, a man called in said it was the pied Corawan had about five more minutes to relax before I had to go into work, so I closed my eyes, put my car seat back a little bit. What did I hear? The very next second and actual pied Corawan, Wow, unmistakable. What are the bird odds, Carmen, They're huge, amaz Thank you very much, Carmen. All right, we got a couple of calls before we get into the News and Sport. Caroline, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 21: Good morning team, Happy hump Day.
Speaker 1: Happy hum day. What is your story for? What are the odds?
Speaker 21: I was driving along a couple of weeks ago and obviously listening to Gold and they were playing the song Invisible Touch by Genesis. That's why I was pop along the ways waiting to make a turn, and I look up in the car in front of me was a Genesis.
Speaker 1: That is good. What are the odds? I love it? Thank you very much for calling in, Thanks for listening. Bye. Let's go to Mary Jane. Good morning, Mary.
Speaker 6: Jane, Good morning.
Speaker 16: How are we?
Speaker 1: I'm good now? MJ. What have you got?
Speaker 16: Okay?
Speaker 6: So a few years ago when my partner and I first started dating, I had only just bought my place and had all my lovely new shourne each other. It also had some hand me downs from like friends of friends kind of situation. For context, my partner actually owns a furniture manufacturing business. Anyway, that's okay. A few months in a dating we decided to renovate the house. So he's helping me pull apart the spare spare room so we can start painting. And we're pulling apart the bed that was in there, and he's taking it apart, and all of a sudden he stops and he starts freaking out, and he's like, Mary, where did you get this bed from? And I'm like freaking out too. I'm thinking, I don't know it was given to me.
Speaker 21: He's like, by who?
Speaker 16: When?
Speaker 6: Where did you get from?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 21: It was a friend of my friend.
Speaker 18: I don't know.
Speaker 16: It was a free bed.
Speaker 6: And sure enough, the willedest thing, he turns there around one of the slats of the base of the bed and it's his family business written on there in his handwriting.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yep, Now.
Speaker 3: How come he doesn't just supply you with beds if they make a company.
Speaker 6: We had just started dating, so you know, it was like to get into bed you fast forward, I'll get all the free friendship now.
Speaker 1: But sure a right, all right, He's still sussing you out? Is she bedible? By that? I mean giving a free better way.
Speaker 3: It was meant to be. It was yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a great one. Mary. Thank you very much. You give us a call. Brilliant story. Have a good day.
Speaker 20: Thank you you two.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast for the Best Dent Show too down the Time Wasteter. You're off to twenty twenty five. Best year to go this year? Oh yeah, awful way to give people a price. It's the twenty and thirty five. We had complaints last year when we did the fifteen ninety five one, wasn't it. It's this year. It's go this year. Best time you Go twenty twenty five. Melbourne Royal Show starts a week tomorrow Thursday, the twenty fifth of September to Sunday, the fill of October. Of course it's back Melbourne Showgrounds. Find your tickets now royalshow dot com. Today we have our very own show pack for the first time. Oh yeah, it's actually a very nice to bag. And this is this is what you win for the best show today on the Time Waster you win a family pass with no age limit one hundred dollar. Ryde voucher one hundred and fifty dollars Food and Drink voucher one hundred dollars show bag vouncher as well, and of course our very own Christian O'Connell showbag. I don't want to blow your minds right now. I am not lying to you. Take my money, keep it. There's toothbased in there. They've seen everything else that's around that kids loads their mind for. Kids love toothbased and you know what the kids love as well, one loan teabage.
Speaker 18: It.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's like a mad person put this together when they've been told beforehand you are five, today's last day. But these can you put together a nice showbag for the Christian O'Connell show. And they did it, but grudgingly.
Speaker 7: I big get the stroke of genius because the kids are eating all those sweets, you know, the fairy.
Speaker 1: Flowers, and yeah, they're on a serious show bag feeling.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Oh thirty hour so gray mom? Alright, today it's a world tinder day. Get your white barn single ladies. We're looking for dating movies now, this is interesting. A survey of Australian singles has revealed the latest in dating attitudes sixty four percent of single Australian women believe that we are in the middle of a man drout, you know, like a great phrase, man drout twenty five. Maybe we need to do a festival of available men and available At festival, you hire a big field and they just get it on. Oh more pay everywhere. I just had it in one of my visions, you know, I get these man drout, race the men. All the men are in barns, you know they've been staying in there for a week, and go like wild standings that other door.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's a single lady's man drout suddenly, you know, from either side of the farmer's field.
Speaker 3: Like braveheart.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, yes, yes, Australian couples met last year on apps. This is the first time now to eting apps have taken over real life meetups. Now, obviously I understand this is technology driving this. It's easier, safer as well. However, it means you don't you're not going to get in five, ten, twenty years time interesting stories about how people met. It's a lovely thing to ask a couple when you get to know them, So how did you to meet? I've never asked that question and got a question. It isn't interesting all tell us about time. But now if you can just sell it is swipe one way and I swapped another way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I met Will. He swapped on my ap the other way.
Speaker 1: End of it's not very good when I tell you that I met my wife in a field at Mandrout twenty five in the UK, And now you're like, oh wow, I was in a barn for six weeks getting hot and bothered and it worked up men, What did you do? That's why my book I'm writing at the moment it's called What I Did in that barn? Anyhow, What goes on the bottom where the horny men is my business and actually not yours, guys. I don't see any stories in the hell the cameras in this bone. Anyway. This is an idea. Maybe for next year we get that national show. We could tur we could tour it, get a sponsor. Yes. By the way, there's a dating app for footy fans like single Pies found one a single face.
Speaker 3: That's good because West Coast.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, now some might want to be filtered in some like it rough anyway. Dating movies, that's one that some like it finding him?
Speaker 3: What's that that one?
Speaker 1: When you find number one? Found? That's what they all say, eat praying. Yeah, I'd love to go back to your place. Careful if you're dating out there, Miami lice, the awkward silence of the lambs.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, take that, you get.
Speaker 1: Awkward, you know. And Up was a great movie. Now it's a new one and he's dating. He's dating that the old man. And Sandy's been stood up, wife dies, he's been ghosted.
Speaker 9: Painful boys, yeah, man drought you say, yeah, too few good men?
Speaker 1: Well that just sounds like a boring newspaper head.
Speaker 3: That's actually clever because it was just off what we just talked about.
Speaker 1: There's no marks for cleverness on the show.
Speaker 3: You know that my Paul Hogan loves a snuggle. Does canodle?
Speaker 1: Dundee?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 1: So ergy can noodling? What ear are we in the fifties? Nineteen fifties called they want the canoodling back speak gold.
Speaker 9: Speaking of the fifties, Jeane Kelly's experimenting getting a bit dull.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's swinging in the Oh.
Speaker 1: Give a swing on how dare you Bronze?
Speaker 3: And Cinderella is swiping away too. She's Tinderella.
Speaker 1: That's very good. That is fairy good gold plus ree. Okay, you can have a tea, bags and toothpaste out one of the bags.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast all Right, Time.
Speaker 1: Waste Today, we're looking for your dating moviespecial show. You're off family pass to the twenty twenty five Melbourne Royal Show re Are you ready to Mark? Oh yeah, dating with Wolves? It's very smart when he said he's in always put your name on the But all I know is your number ensine two five eight. But that is outstanding. Three men and a baby. Daddy's steaming here today you started I did you know that Mandrel? Problem solved? Stacy Joyce? Was that one? Splits Bill, not kill Bill, split Bill? Very good God form today. That's from Anthony when Harry ghosted Sally the flirt Locker silver plus Tindergarten cop when he Harmony meets Sally Bronze. That's one of the early ones, wasn't it when Harry swiped Sally Silver Orgy in a Field of Dreams Mandrel? Thank you jam with that one. The Curious Case of Benjamin Bumble playing the Field of Dreams Silver You, Me and E Harmony grant, the pashing of the christ spoonlander silvera all right, who's best in the show, Who's off to the melbourneroyal show, pashing of the crashing of the Christs well down. We are back tomorrow with the name game, as in, have a great day. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast