Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every Friday on this show as we launch you into the weekend b.
Speaker 1: F E Big Friday Energy. In fact, just like ac DC this week b.
Speaker 4: F each B.
Speaker 1: Have we been drinking? Not yet? Although one today's show?
Speaker 2: Are we still going to do the game I came up with yesterday where we guess try and guess listener's favorite drink.
Speaker 1: I am actually really to look forward to that. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: You're pretty good at it. You had a real knack for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, So let's go double thumbers up this week. Go around the team every Friday and we talk about the things that we're really enjoying in the moment. The TV show, a movie, a snack, a book, an whatever rio you kick off?
Speaker 1: Actually this Friday BF, what is it?
Speaker 5: I think I have the most controversial double thumbs up ever. All's fair on Disney Plus Now. For some reason, not only to them, Disney gave Kim Kardashian a lot of money to produce write and start in her own legal drama.
Speaker 4: The reception has been terrible. It got zero stars on Guardian.
Speaker 5: It's got four percent on Rotten Tomatoes, the lowest premiere of any show in the last.
Speaker 2: Now you are selling it, selling it, selling it because the only reason I know about this is the girls move back in this weekend from university. So they're back home for a couple of weeks now over Christmas, right, and they said, Dad, we have to watch this Kim Kardashian thing and then a hambokot.
Speaker 1: Life's been packed.
Speaker 2: But you know, when something is, it's better that it's either.
Speaker 1: Brilliant or so bad mediocre. Shell. I can't wait to see it. It can't crash. I can't wait. Think you're Disney. Will would not have wanted this. You're the home of storytelling.
Speaker 5: The reviews the Guardian called it incomprehensibly existentially.
Speaker 2: Terrible, existentially terrible. I dream of doing radio breaks like that.
Speaker 5: One wonders if this is a social experiment to see if you can get away with making the most transparently terrible show on Disney's dime.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: Once you start watching, you will not be able to start.
Speaker 5: It is so bad it's so so bad, but there's.
Speaker 1: Such what is she? What is? What is she in it?
Speaker 4: So she's a female divorce lawyer.
Speaker 5: It's sort of like a modern twist on First Wives Club?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 4: What's good?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wives Club?
Speaker 5: But she's somehow dragged in Naomi Watts and Glenn Close.
Speaker 1: What I saw, I saw the trays trouble though. You know what it is. It's Kardashian.
Speaker 4: Money.
Speaker 5: But the plots are ridiculous, so far fetched, so unbeloved.
Speaker 2: It's brilliantly this thing you ever recommend that a terrible TV show that wait for is existentially bad?
Speaker 7: It ironic that she's just failed the bar exam or did she as well?
Speaker 4: It hasn't. She's trailed. I didn't know.
Speaker 5: But please just just watch it so we can all talk about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, terrible.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Friday morning, we're doing double thumbs up. We go around the team talking about the TV shows and movies, the things that we're enjoying at the moment. So if you're parallelized by choice every Friday on the couch, we've got you two things to me. One is a TV show wanted a movie movie? I saw a watch last week. I didn't realize this movie came out a couple of years ago. It's a Netflix film starring Glenn Powell and Jonathan Major's true life story of the US Navy's first black fighter pilot.
Speaker 1: It is an amazing movie. It is so good.
Speaker 2: It's about it reminding me of a quality we don't hear enough of these days. Character. Oh my god, it's a true, real life story. It's inspirational. It is so good.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's called Devotion. Cannot recommend enough. Just a really smart, well made movie. In Glenn Powell, I know, he's like Tom Cruise's sort of prodigy at the moment, is brilliant in it. He's really really good. I got what all the hype is about. I saw a different kind of actor in him.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 4: He's the first black pilot.
Speaker 2: No, he's the He's fighter pilot Tom Hudner, the best friend of Jonathan Majors. Just so chrystically. In case any of you were like, how they get made? What is that the eighties? I mean, I know, he's a good action, but you can't do that. And then the other one is a brand new TV show from the TV genius That is Vince Gilligan who came up with and wrote Breaking Bad and then almost top that really with Beta Call Saul. Now has got a new show out called Pluribus. It stars Kim Wexler, Rhea Seahorn, obviously the co star of Breaking Bad and Beta Called Saul. It is brilliant. I've seen the first two episodes. It's outstanding. It's a hell of an idea. You know, we all go like it is obviously this week on the show and around the world World Kindness Day, there's been an alien invasion in twenty twenty five, and apart from about ten people around the world and the star of Arrea Sea Horn, it's the only person in America. Everybody else now has got some brain thing where they all get on with each other. Oh she hasn't impacted her.
Speaker 4: Oh she's okay.
Speaker 2: This is she's like a kind of misanthrope. She finds incredibly irritating being in a world. And so the idea is that it's getting us. This is an interview with there was. I wouldn't it be actually the world to be a worse place if we're all trying to be one hundred percent fake happy twenty four to seven.
Speaker 4: Well that was us yesterday. We couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: That's for the show apart.
Speaker 2: We're still healing on faint kindness anyways, called Pluribus. It is very very very good. Cannot recommend that enough, Patsy, what are you enjoying?
Speaker 7: I've got the munchies this week and I have found if you can find it at Ali good luck, Dubai style chock moose.
Speaker 4: What are we going to do it?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 7: Dubai chocolate is a very popular form of chocolate.
Speaker 1: Isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's like the.
Speaker 1: Like, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Isn't it just chocolate?
Speaker 1: Everything is very expensive.
Speaker 7: And you like your moose, I've got to taste teste, but you you probably.
Speaker 1: I do love moose. I absolutely haven't look at it.
Speaker 7: It's got sort of got like a pistachio bottom in it. But you've got to taste it because it.
Speaker 1: Is I've never seen moose available before. Idly all right.
Speaker 2: No, no, that that one judgment.
Speaker 7: Until you've tasted You haven't tasted chocolate, haven't.
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 7: It's just so rich, it's like air.
Speaker 4: In your mouth.
Speaker 7: It's absolutely look at the ash like a chocolate that is the sweetest mood.
Speaker 1: It flows the top.
Speaker 4: Of your head off.
Speaker 1: Goodness sweet. That's not I know, that's not Gagham style. That's to buy a style chocolate.
Speaker 4: That is not for the faint of heart.
Speaker 7: Well it's done Christmas Christmas time, isn't it really? Bro But look at jummy. If you love chocolate, moose, good luck finding it.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back on Double thumbs Up.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian O'Connell show. Friday morning. We're doing double thumbs Up where we go around the team. We'll talk about things we're enjoying in the moment. It might be a TV show or it might be a movie. You can text in yours as well. What are you enjoying? Oh four seventy five three one oh four three, Alex, what are you giving the double thumbs up to?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: My goodness all her father's called starring Sarah's Nook Australian Sarah's Nook Mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in succession was so good. I'll just read you this.
Speaker 6: When Marissa Irvine goes to pick up her young son Miley from his first playdate, the woman who entered the door has never seen or heard of Marissa or her son, beginning every parent's worst nightmare.
Speaker 1: It's a mystery thriller. I couldn't want to anything. I just can't do it. It is so full.
Speaker 6: On the first couple of episodes, I was like, eh, but then it goes to places you never thought it would go, lots of twists and turns.
Speaker 2: To bistyle chocolate. You're not trying to find it. It might feature taken all the supplies.
Speaker 4: No, I don't want to get it, Alex.
Speaker 5: I've heard that it's filmed in Melbourne. Yeahupposed to be set in Chicago, but if you live in Melbourne, it's very obviously that they're in South Bank, just like got to be kidding.
Speaker 4: And that's and the Docklands and Brighton Beach.
Speaker 2: As well the well known in Chicago Bathan Box.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So my wife and I said there going, Oh, yeah, that's in Melbourne. No, No, that's Chicago, that's Melbourne, that's Melburn.
Speaker 1: Suggest you check it out. It's time Binge or Fox Steel Go Caitlin Now.
Speaker 2: Producer Kaitlin has been raving about something this week which you might want to get into Kaitlyn, what does it mean.
Speaker 8: Yes, So it's the last weekend for you to go and see this incredible musical that I saw last Saturday. It's called Here You Come Again. Our friends of the show that helped us write Grause, Mike and Fiona actually made super They made this one. So the Australian adaptation they wrote.
Speaker 1: So this is the Dolly Parton thing.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 8: It's a Dolly Parton musical, but it's more about super fans of like well, Dolly, but just in general, super fans of any artist or celebrity and the impact that they have on their everyday life and things that they're going through. So it's this beautiful story of this guy. It's COVID times, he's had to move home with his family, he's like forty, feels like he's lost in the world, and Dolly comes in and essentially just guides him through it. And it's beautiful with all of her favorite songs, all of our favorite songs of.
Speaker 2: Fresh way to do a musical. And you're right now about who your favorite go to artist is.
Speaker 1: Right. They are there for you in good times and bad times as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they always connect with you, right, And so all their music just kind of helps you whatever way you need them to, and that's what it was about. And it had the most beautiful message in it, and both of the lead actor were incredible, and Dolly, the woman who plays Dolly is.
Speaker 1: Phenomenalized Dolly partner, isn't it.
Speaker 8: It's as if Dolly's there. It's crazy because I've seen I would say, easily over twenty musicals, high end musicals, and.
Speaker 4: This is get over the rest of us.
Speaker 1: You think budget.
Speaker 2: That kind of crap you get in the West End of London, choking high end. I only hit Bogan would say that, and I am talkingmo yeah, and that.
Speaker 8: It was an absolute riffer. So please, please, please, if you can and you've got time this weekend, go and see it tonight it's seven thirty and then they've got a matin eate two pm tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And so probably go on to my afternoon because I'm trying to get down Aldi at the moment to get someone's chopping.
Speaker 4: Here you come again. It's on at the Coffee Theater.
Speaker 8: Please go and check it out.
Speaker 4: It's incredible.
Speaker 8: So last weekend, it's the last weekend, last chance to see it.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast,