Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells show podcast. Jennifer is a sign of second weekend in Lockdown. But yesterday me and my two teenage daughters managed to get into an argument about how recently I've stopped using a knife when I'm having dinner with them. What do you mean I've switched to go and spoon and fork? Right, because spoon for dinner? Spoon and fork you're eating a soup? No, No, I'm now Like yesterday I made this homemade bread and chicken with parmesan and we had cold swaw with it in some hot chips. I'm quite happy using a spoon and sniffle. Yeah, easily, I can use it, now, tell you what. Also, it's a more effective like the knife once it's done shopping stuff up. The knife is pedestrian, whereas the spoon and fork can both be very active together there. I feel they're more of a stronger sort of combination than the knight than the knife and the form.
Speaker 2: So what are you using the cut the side of a.
Speaker 1: Fork, solo fork or the very sharp side of a spoon.
Speaker 2: You must have sharp spoons at your house, No wonders describes at the side of it's.
Speaker 1: Got a very strong grip. Jack, I could just press down and break up then the chicken breast.
Speaker 2: True, the knife only does one thing, yes, but it's a useful thing because you need your food cut up.
Speaker 1: So we start asking about arguing about knife, spoon, fork. One of them has to go. So imagine we have to get rid of one of them, right, because the country draw is just a mess in our house.
Speaker 2: Spoon goes no way, Yes, spoon goes well, you're gonna have your cereal with no Well, I guess, I guess you don't.
Speaker 1: Have a spoon is more essential service than the knife.
Speaker 2: You could your knife steak. You'll never eat a steak.
Speaker 1: Then you have your best friend, the state knife. He comes out for bigger or the other.
Speaker 2: Get rid of the knives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not the steak. State knife has to stay, but the other's sort of what I call Monday to Friday ones. You can all leave. They're not doing enough.
Speaker 2: What about buttering bread?
Speaker 1: Spoon can do that.
Speaker 2: No spoon can.
Speaker 1: Let me demonstrate this now, my hand like a paw is the spoon, but I'm scooping it like I would a JCB digger, scoop it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, into the concave section and.
Speaker 1: Then I just reverse it and he used that nice sort of con cave back to smooth out the butter.
Speaker 2: How did the butter get from inside the spoons outside the spy?
Speaker 1: You fold the bread in half and you scoop it out between get a knife, but tweets thumb and finger, and then you go back to mister spoon. He's being used again, and you just smooth it out that way like the back of a trout. Really, maybe the.
Speaker 2: Fork is not needed then, because the spoon the spoon. You need a knife definitely for buttering and for cutting.
Speaker 1: It's quite savage of fork is just simply jabbing at food.
Speaker 2: You can eat a steak with a spoon and a knife. It looks straight restaurant.
Speaker 1: I'm going to throw this open knife spoon fork. One has to go.
Speaker 2: Who you getting spoons out?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: I'm sad about cereal, but it has to go because knough and fork are too essential.
Speaker 1: Knife can go for me. Okay, what do you think you're listening to the question know Kyle's show podcast. This is what it's like to being locked down with teenage daughters. Before we even got arguing about knife spoon fork. We've been oh sorry, they've been arguing. I've been just trying to be like a Buddha and not bite or get involved. They thought it was very unfair, very very unfair that they're expected to help out with household chores, and I just laugh, going, yeah, of course you think that doesn't mean I need to listen to it. I'm sure it does feel unfair and get on with it.
Speaker 2: Which ones do? They have? The classics?
Speaker 1: For us?
Speaker 2: As kids were loading and unloading the dishwasher, and that's probably about it.
Speaker 1: I've tried to get them to do the washing, but that was a nightmare. They were deliberately shrinking my clothes. What a great way to get out of that shore by ruining my stuff. And it was only ever my stuff.
Speaker 2: I noticed on the drive.
Speaker 1: They didn't go for the ol from the family, my wife. It was just let's pick on him, let's take him out first. He's low hanging through. So yeah, they were doing the old thing and one of them said this classic. Do you ever say this? Two parents? I didn't ask to be born. Now I'm expected to do with these chawes. But anyway, then they were we were sittting down to have something to eat. And I don't know about you, but the best thing the word we're having to dinner is to eat it on your lap, isn't it? Yes, we eat whenever they have friends around. I always make up. Oh, we're just doing this. This is a one off, not only at the table, and we're talking about philosophy and poetry. It's very rare that we just eat. I like savages off our laps, staring at the TV, not talking to each other. So I recently haven't been using a knife. I will eat with the family, but I will now use spoon and.
Speaker 2: Fur Let me guess. Is it just for so there's less things to wash up? Because I do like I actually do like that, trying to be essential and not use as many things. If I can reuse a plate or not even use a plate, yes, but the knife is essential in cutlery. I think you can get rid of the spoon.
Speaker 1: By the way. Pro tip if you weren't even a streamline as well when you use when the dishwasher is done, don't ble or unpack it. Just start using that. Now it's a new cutlery. I do that one.
Speaker 2: I try to get away nuts.
Speaker 1: I just use it's a cutlery drawer and just go and take stuff from it and use it then rather than I'm backing it.
Speaker 2: Then I get in trouble for because I've taken half of the stuff out of it. And is this clean or is it not clean? I can't tell me now chaos.
Speaker 1: All right, knife spoon fork one has to go. I'm saying the knife can go, it's overrated.
Speaker 2: I'm saying the spoon can go. The fork can do a lot of heavy lifting that the spoon can do.
Speaker 1: But together, think about the spoon and fork together. Whatever you're having, you can shoven it up quicker and easier.
Speaker 2: But you can't cut anything.
Speaker 1: Of course you can. You've got the sides of the fork which can be a blade, and also the side of the spoon can easily be a blade.
Speaker 2: A blade is a better blade and the blade is a knife.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is profound. All right, let's go into lines. Let's go to Frank morning, Frank morning. How I'm good, Frank, hope you had a good weekend. Knife spoon fork which one goes.
Speaker 3: Has to be fork for to be for? Yeah, Well, I mean where our work we are use a knife and a spoon for some reason, all the forks are bringing disappear. So we've bought a necessity. We have to use a spoon and a knife, and it works fine, works brilliantly.
Speaker 1: We're not even know how to use cutlery here are we? I'm not I'm not joking, Frank. They don't let's do a radio show, but they will not let us use cutlery.
Speaker 2: Have the start of COVID, they took away all mugs or cutlery and taped up the dish washer.
Speaker 1: It takes up the dishwasher and as you know, very hard to break sell tape. It's the strongest thing in the world. All right, Frank, thanks for weighing in on this big topic this morning.
Speaker 3: No worries, lou my morning.
Speaker 1: I currently have someone in my home.
Speaker 3: Who proves the don't use the knife theory. My daughter and lauris from Russia. Her and my son are visiting at the moment, and they don't use the knife.
Speaker 1: Who knew a country without rich history they've turned away from the knife. Peutin, you go, oun Peugee, there'll be no knife, and you don't bring it up. Okay, you do not bring that up.
Speaker 3: I know she's got you know her habits, and that's just the way it is, so like.
Speaker 1: A true mother and I. He's got his way of doing things, not necessarily my way.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you want to marry somebody who doesn't?
Speaker 1: It's a red flag for me.
Speaker 3: I constantly hear that's not how it's done in Russia.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I might if I start using that to people when they go that seems disgusting. You just eat with your hands? Well, my people in Russia, of course, Okay, I don't want to offend anyone. I use the Russian system myself when it comes to die. That's a great one, though.
Speaker 2: How does how does she cut something that's very hard to cut into?
Speaker 3: Look, if there is something that absolutely has to be cut up.
Speaker 1: She pulls out one of the really sharp norms and pulls out feel like she's got it in a handbag. We have these to cut us. It's a bates in my land. Any wander around.
Speaker 3: Everywhere when that's don't eat it, there's no knife.
Speaker 1: Amazing, we learned something new only on today's show. This is great. Thanks for dropping that knowledge there. You have good a week, Take care, bye, Mitchell. Hey, yeah, I'm good. Knife spoon fork. Which one we kicking out?
Speaker 3: Spoon?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I only goes with breakfast, not dinner.
Speaker 2: You can't use the spirit for dinner, you can.
Speaker 1: You think about coal saw. I was shoveling up coal saw so much more effectively with a spoon yesterday on my plate, not chip. You'll eat shovel. Shove your shovel.
Speaker 2: You're going to eat all your sides. But how are you getting into the main dish? Just little your steak side of the fork.
Speaker 1: Quite easy to chop up a chicken.
Speaker 2: I trudge use a fork a couple of days ago to cut up a chicken bread and it would Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, well listen, when we get out of lockdown, I'm going to come around, I'll give you a live demonstration, Mitchell. Okay, you've got to go in at a certain angle. It's like when their ladies were entering the pool yesterday. It's all about the angle that they got in that pool, Surrey. Mind.
Speaker 2: You know you what you're at risk out, Christian is when you applying all that pressure downward pressure, you're going to need to cut into a steak. You push your plate too hard, you peas fall off the side.
Speaker 1: Who is eating the peace?
Speaker 2: Peace.
Speaker 1: If you're not nine hundred years.
Speaker 2: A week, we still eat peace.
Speaker 1: Wow, hipster peace, I Gray Mitchell spoon must go. All right, Mitchell, thanks you com I have a good week. Don. Good morning guys, Good morning Don. What do you reckon?
Speaker 3: I reckon the forecast to go?
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 3: It's pretty obvious choice when you think about it, going back to medieval days. You know it was all about hands, spoons for your broth and the rest of it. You know, like if you couldn't cut it up, you just shovel it in your math with your hands.
Speaker 1: Come on, simple, see first that you make it just a strong case for your hands. We've gone from being that Russia to now going back to the dunk times and medieval times.
Speaker 3: Who trust a Russian with a knife, honestly?
Speaker 1: All right, Don, thank you very much. You cool now worry saying The Christian O'Connell Show podcast