Speaker 1: Tell me if I'm in the right or the wrong here, because I've been telling some friends and family and it's getting a mixed response.
Speaker 2: And what I love these are you?
Speaker 1: Am I in the writer room.
Speaker 2: Right the wrong?
Speaker 1: So I went out for dinner on the weekend with our producer Grace, friend of mine. We went to see Wicked, and we were like, let's go get some dinner beforehand. And we're at this very fancy restaurant near where I live by the water, and it's bougie, you know, a fancy, fancy restaurant. And we're sitting there and we order, and we get our entray, we get our barrada, We eat it up, and we go. We're so excited for mains. Mains are next, so we sit there because that's how it works on tree the mains, it is how it works. And then dessert, and then we're sitting there and the waiter comes over to us with a plate of barrada and he goes, ladus and gentlemen, your brata, enjoy it. Puts it down, and then we got to get our knife and fork and dig in and we realize we've already been served the barrada.
Speaker 2: You didn't do you mean you realize you're completely I completely forgot that I've already eaten.
Speaker 1: A whole No, does he put it down? And I thought, well, I'm getting I kind of knew. I mean, I guess I was naughty and we all ate the barada and we weren't charged for it. But I'm thinking, is that is that the right thing? Or do you take it?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? Are you thinking? Is that the right thing?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Wait, it was put down, you ate one, you got a second one freebee.
Speaker 1: And Grace, who's such a goodie two shoe, She's like Glinda the Goodwitch. For God's sake. She was like, we have we must have turned this, we must have turned it now. I might shut up. Man, don't see what I might. We get it you're gay and I go okay. And by the way, she was dressed in pink and I was dressed in green because she made me dressed for wicked.
Speaker 2: I think it's fine. If they put it down, you've started eating it. What are you going to do? Then we started eating it because they didn't tell the waiter. When they're putting it down, you can say sorry, I've already had mine. That's not for me, it's probably another tables. But if it takes a second and then it's on your table and the water's already walked away, you're going to run after them with the plate of baratah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: I just gonna eat it.
Speaker 1: I've been with you.
Speaker 2: Literally it is, but it's not. It's not same. Not all theft is built equal. It's not like walking into a grocery store and walking out with free things.
Speaker 1: Like you're at a restaurant.
Speaker 2: They've put it down in front of you, You've already breathed on it, they've walked away. It is like theft by deception, but you deceived and manipulated the waiter. Do you know what I think?
Speaker 1: Until let's grow up, you would do it too. I know you to your core.
Speaker 2: I would never It's weirder when they put food in front of you and then you're like, oh, sorry, that's not ours, and they go, oh, that's okay, sorry, we put on the wrong table, and then they pick it up and then they go and take it to the table it's meant to be at, like yeah, because you don't know if that table's touched it. You don't know if they've breathed on it. You don't know if they've swelled their finger in it. Swelling their fingers in the brada, I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to eat. I'm going to eat it if it's put in front of me. Listen. I'm not a religious man, but that's an active fighting.
Speaker 2: It's like that time that you ordered like a chicken wing and they accidentally gave you a big t bone steak and you were like, I didn't know, and then you wrote those that.
Speaker 1: Was my fault that time. That's a different story.
Speaker 2: I think it's fine. There's worse things that you could do in life, you know what it's like.
Speaker 1: It's like when I accidentally scan trust tomatoes as wine open.
Speaker 2: You know, you can't do that much, or at least you don't admit to it.
Speaker 1: Or my avocado is just a pair, My truffle is pepper, My Honda Odyssey is just a great stuff. Really stretched that one out with you know, have you accidentally here's the true story, gone to the serfo and you've got like a chucky and like your petrol, and then you've got a pump water or something, and you put the pump under your arm and then you leave with the pump under your arm, you don't pay for it.
Speaker 2: I've never done that. No, no, and I think in those in those circumstances, if you walk out of a shop, get back in your car, and realize you've stolen something, then the good thing is to go back and pay for it like normal people do.
Speaker 1: All you're doing is doubling down on how much you steal. I haven't done that. It's a friend who told me that, let's get down here. Thanks guys for listening.